Welcome Guest!
 Haunted Places
 Mar 03, 2002 16:29 PST

_____________

LETTERS TO THE EDITOR
_____________

We invite your letters to the editor. Tell us how you feel about things
in the newsletter or in the ghost hunting community. All letters must be
accompanied by an email address so other readers can respond to you.

***
From: Hua1-@aol.com

I was born and raised in the Philippines. I've heard of too many ghost
stories and haunted places, hotel and hospitals. The University of Santo
Thomas' hospital and Chinese General Hospital is known to be haunted.
My best friend's late father was the administrator of Chinese General
Hospital. She's told me of a room of no return. Patients that stay in
this room will not survive. The ground where the hospital sits used to
be a cemetery. There's a big Chinese cemetery behind the hospital up to
this day.
Lots of houses are also haunted because of the Spaniards that used to
inhabit the country. If any of your group would dare to go to the
Philippines to get ghost and unusual paranormal stories. Then that's the
place to go. Any part of the country
you go, you can ask anyone about of creatures called: tikbalang, aswang,
manananggal, kapre, elves (dwende) and fairies (engkantada).
When I was growing up, certain maids that we hired that came from the
same province would tell us the same story or their encounter with some
creatures.
Movies were made as well about these creatures as well as published in
tabloids/newspaper and magazines. This may sound unreal but it's true.

***
From Patti Starr at: holly-@qx.net

I hope you don't get tired of my emailing you after each newsletter but
I can't believe how much better they get each time. I've gotten where I
look forward to your newsletter more than all the ones I subscribe to.
The information is first rate and I always find something to help me
further my knowledge of ghost hunting and paranormal investigations. I
enjoy the book reviews as well.
I'm beginning to feel I know most of the regulars that send you
information. Too bad we couldn't come up with a message board of
something we could all visit between your newsletter.
Again, my hat goes off to you. Please keep up the good work!

_____________

ANNOUNCEMENTS
_____________

Are you staring a new paranormal investigation group? Is your group
looking for new members? Does your group have an upcoming event? Has
your group done any interesting investigations? Has your group or
members of it appeared on any TV or radio programs? Do you have any
ghostly related news from your local area? If the answer to any of these
questions is “Yes”, please let us know so we can publish the information
in upcoming issues.

***
CONTEST!!!

When Kelly was first contacted about appearing on Sally’s show, she was
not sure what to wear ( you know how women are, any excuse to buy new
clothes!...LOL ). She did report to us that she ended up wearing a
pantsuit and Victorian necklace.
Let’s help her out for her next TV appearance. Send us your ideas for
the wildest outfit you can think of! Your suggestions can be sent to us
at: Edi-@haunted-places.com . We’ll forward your suggestions to Kelly
and let her pick a winner. The winner will than receive a copy of the
book “Electronic Projects from the Next Dimension - Paranormal
Experiments for Hobbyists”. A review of this book appears in this week’s
Book Review section. The cut off date for entries will be Tuesday, March
5. I can’t promise she’ll wear the winning outfit.

Some of the suggestions we have received so far are:

From Brandy (not our Brandy): I have a suggestion for an outfit. Have
you ever seen the movie Witchboard or it may have been Witchboard 2?
Well there is a really wild woman on their that had orange/red hair &
round wire rim glasses that were slightly tinted. She wore big hoop
earrings & lots of beaded necklaces of different lengths & colors w/
various symbols on them. Then I believe it was a tight red & white
striped shirt w/ long sleeves & a black vest. Then she had on a short
black pleated skirt ( like they would wear at a catholic school). Then
put on either fishnet stockings or maybe striped stockings with white
socks & boots that go up about 2" above the ankle & lace up the front.
Make sure the white socks show a little over the top of the boots. If
you want you could even substitute a peasant shirt that comes off the
shoulders w/ the vest & maybe a plaid skirt.

From Sue: Purple Velvet Pantsuit, with an off-white French poet's
shirt, and an old cameo brooch.

From Kelly (not our Kelly): Kelly should wear a leopard print leather
skirt, fishnet stockings, 4" spike heels and a black halter top! That
would certainly get everyone's attention! I can see Sally's surprise
now...

Editor’s note: The last one sounds like it’d be great for the Jerry
Springer Show...LOL

***
From Troy Taylor at: ttay-@prairieghosts.com
2002 Haunted AmericaConference

Seats continue to fill for the 2002 conference, our Sixth Annual event
here in Alton, Illinois! If you have never attended the conference in
the past, then you don't know what you're missing and if you are still
waiting to get signed up, you may never get to experience it!
We are well over half-filled already but good seats still remain. We
also even have a very limited number of seats left for the Friday night
"Spirit Photos" workshop and the Friday night ghost tour...but these
will NOT last for long! Call today to get signed up at 1-888-446-7859 or
register on-line at "http://www.prairieghosts.com/conference.html"

***
Help for AltaVista subscribers who receive the Haunted Places Report

Recently AltaVista announced that it would be eliminating its free,
Web-based email service as of March 31, 2002, stating that this service
was no longer core to their business. The company further indicated
they would not save or transfer any incoming mail after
this date. To read the full announcement, visit:
"http://help.altavista.com/email/transition"
What does this means to you? No doubt you'll want to
see to it that those of you with an AltaVista.com email address will
continue to receive your newsletter (Note that AltaVista.net addresses
are not affected by this change.)
To that end, Topica will email the approximately 30,000
AltaVista.com subscribers to let them know they should change their
address in order to continue receiving Topica mail.
Here's a quick refresher on how your subscribers can change their
email address with Topica:

1. Through yourTopica account.
If subscribers don't have one, they can sign up here:
"http://www.topica.com/partner/TEP_TIN-022802/register"
After logging in to yourTopica account, subscribers
should then go to the URL below to add a new email
address (which must be confirmed by responding to a
confirmation email):
"http://www.topica.com/partner/TEP_TIN-022802/my/prefs/emails.html"

2. By simply re-subscribing The Haunted Places Report
http://www.topica.com/lists/HauntedPlaces

If you need help processing addresses
changes, please email Topica at: acct-@get.topica.com and
they'll email you instructions.

__________

FEATURED ARTICLE
__________

Grandmother Louise's Legacy
By Feature Writer Brandy Stark
Email: stark_-@hotmail.com

I have been interested in the paranormal and the supernatural for most
of my life. However, I never had anything I would call overwhelmingly
paranormal happen to me. I have had marginal experiences, things that
"might be" otherworldly, but it was not until a forged bond broke that I
had, in my own mind, an unquestionably supernatural experience.
Though my natural grandparents died while I was young, I have memories
of a "Grandmother" whom I admire greatly. A widowed school teacher with
no children of her own with warm brown eyes, perfectly kept hair, and an
easy smile, Louise was a most remarkable woman. Though we met when she
was in her early 70's, and I was a 12 year old girl, a
nearly-instantaneous friendship that formed.
Her interest in education was evident. As I progressed along the long
journey of degrees, Louise listened attentively to my presentations,
read my papers, and encouraged me to continue on.
Yet, when I obtained my Masters of Religious Studies in August of 2000,
time showed itself to my grandmother. She was diagnosed with cancer. She
went into the hospital shortly before I graduated. She died 14 days
after I crossed the stage for my diploma.
The day she died, I went to visit her. It was not our best visit. She
was thin and tired, and seemed to sense others in the room that I could
not. I knew she did not have much time left to her.
My car broke down and I was unable to come down to see her that night.
My mother, also a close friend with Louise, spent time trying to help my
grandmother through the transition. She wanted the older woman to know
that when she was ready, it was OK to let go. When Mom returned at 1:30
a.m. she reported Louise was not much better. Her breathing was shallow,
and her pulse weak, but still she held on.
With that in mind, and unable to do much more, I tried to settle in for
bed, hoping for better news in the morning. Emotionally drained, I fell
into an exhausted sleep around 2:00 a.m.
Shortly after I had gotten to sleep, a sweet aroma filled my room. It
was all around me and I found myself awakened by it. I was not afraid,
and felt eerily calm.
The scent was somehow soothing. It reminded me of honeysuckle,
chocolate, gingersnaps, and orange blossoms. Though I named the smell in
my mind, but what I called it is lost to me, gone with the dawn of the
morning.
I did not think much in that moment. My mind simply acknowledged the
fact that Louise had died and this was her way of letting me know. In
the silence of the night, my eyes flipped to the alarm clock and I noted
the time: 2:30 a.m. exactly. Then, I simply fell back to sleep.
Shortly after 6:30 in the morning, Mom knocked on my apartment door.
She had received the call: Louise had died shortly after Mom left her at
12:30 a.m.
Stunned, I realized I knew this already. The events of the morning came
back, and I searched to find the scent that had awakened me the night
before. I could not find it. My allergies demand the apartment be kept
airtight and very clean. No fragrances lingered inside. Outside, nothing
was in bloom.
I realized how foreign it felt to be so serene upon awakening to the
aroma. I felt calmer than I did even at my most rested times. The
strange calm I felt was a sharp contrast to the tumultuous emotions
racing in my mind earlier that evening.
My only thought, that she had died, was presented to me as a statement
of fact, despite my desperate belief the night before that she would
last at least one more day.
I firmly believe Louise came to say goodbye that night. I was, in her
mind, her granddaughter. During my years with her, we spent many an hour
discussing religion and the afterlife. Though we both believed in
ghosts, our more recent conversations had shown me that her faith in the
beyond was sometimes shaky. Perhaps she sensed its nearness to her.
She came to me gently, quietly, and sweetly, a manner typical to
grandmothers. As for the two hour time delay between her death and my
experience I believe she sensed my distress. I feel that she waited
until I was calm and receptive before conveying herself in the most
simple, and lease alarming, manner possible.
Her presence has helped me continue on my quest to explore ghostly
phenomena. I have a firm faith in the afterlife. After all, She left me
with a powerful memory. I also know that in many ways she is still with
me, and she will remain a guardian for me as I continue to learn through
life's experiences. Someday, I feel we will continue our discussions
about the Afterlife when I have joined her on the other side.

__________

GHOST HUNTING TIP
__________

A Ghost Hunting Tip:
How to use the Cell Sensor EMF Meter
By Dave Juliano at: shado-@theshadowlands.net
From The March issue of the Shadowlands Newsletter

Most positive EMF readings only last a second or two so the bonus of
the cell sensor is you'll get the light and audio alarm so you can
not only carry it around and scan an area but you can also leave it
in an area and just listen for the alarm and/or look for the light.
This meter is my meter of choice and I always have it on my tool
belt.
First you want to set the switch on the side to N which is the normal
range. You are going to be reading along the bottom of the scale (green
numbers) and they are in milligauss. You are interested in readings of
2-7 milligauss that do not stay steady or go up or down regularly as you
move near a particular location. You'll see the green numbers end at 5
milligauss so if you get the needle to pin at 5, switch the side switch
to H which now reads 10 through 50 milligauss. See if the meter stays
below the green 1 (10 milligauss), this means you have something under
10 milligauss and if it isn't steady and it disappears, you had a
positive reading.
If you are walking around with the meter you want to hold the end of
the probe, not the wire and scan the area because you can cause false
alarms by hold the wire. The range of the meter is about 15ft and it is
reading in the general direction of the end of the probe but it does
come out in a cone shape. If you are leaving it in a stationary location
make sure it is not going off and then just listen for the alarm. You
won't get an numerical reading this way but you will know that there has
been a abnormal EMF fluctuation in the meters coverage area.

___________

IN THE NEWS
___________

From E! Online News
All copyrights Acknowledged

After years of searching for the aliens that abducted his sister and
trying to sniff out far-reaching government conspiracies, Fox Mulder
will finally be back to answer The X-Files biggest lingering mystery:
Does anyone still care?
The truth--and, Fox hopes, ratings--will be out there during May
sweeps, when David Duchovny returns for the two-hour series finale of
The X-Files.
The network officially announced Wednesday that Duchovny would reprise
his role as the paranormal-loving G-man Fox "Spooky" Mulder opposite
longtime partner Dana Scully (Gillian Anderson) in the show's swan song
episode. This despite Duchovny's vow never to return to the series that
made him a star.
Following a nasty legal dispute over syndication profits, Duchovny
gradually bowed out of the series last season to work on a film career.
While promoting his latest box-office dud, Evolution, last summer,
Duchovny said he was "done with the TV show." "I don't think (coming
back) is fair to me or the fans," he said.
With Duchovny's exit, most fans figured last season would be the end of
the show, especially when the finale revealed that Mulder fathered
Scully's child. But Fox brought The X-Files back for a ninth season this
fall. The MIA Mulder was said to be hiding out from the usual array of
shady government types and alien-powered bounty hunters.
Over the past two seasons, several new characters have been introduced
to pick up the slack, including straight-laced Agent John Doggett
(Robert Patrick), seemingly psychic Agent Monica Reyes (Annabeth Gish)
and uptight Assistant Director Brad Follmer (Cary Elwes).
But the Duchovny-less X-Files has struggled Nielsen-wise, averaging
about 8.6 million viewers so far this season and getting hammered by
ABC's spy series Alias, which averages nearly 10 million viewers. Saying
he wanted to go out while the show was still viable, X-Files creator
Chris Carter announced last month that he was pulling the plug on the
series--and that he wanted Duchovny to make one final appearance.
Now with Duchovny back on board, Carter says he plans to wrap up some
of the series' most tantalizing mysteries over the last few episodes
before reuniting Mulder and Scully and bidding farewell.
Even if Mulder does discover the truth behind the show's central
alien-government plot, Carter and co executive producer Frank Spotnitz
are likely to leave some wiggle room for future X-Files conspiracies on
the big screen.
Carter has already told E! Online that a sequel to 1998's X-Files movie
featuring both Duchovny and Anderson is definitely in the works. Carter
has said he'd like to turn X-Files into a Star Trek-like movie
franchise.
Duchovny meanwhile, who has long been an integral partner in helping
Carter shape the X-Files mythology and has occasionally written and
directed for the paranormal series, has signed up to helm one more
episode, which he co wrote with Carter and Spotnitz.
The Duchovny-directed episode is slated to air April 28, while The
X-Files series finale is scheduled for May 19.

___________

INVESTIGATIVE RESULTS
___________
Has your group recently completely an interesting or unusual
investigation. We’d love to hear about it! Tell us a little history
about the site, why it is considered haunted, and the results of your
investigation. Email your report to: Edi-@haunted-places.com . Be sure
to put Investigative Results in the subject line.

***
Investigating the Rutherford House, Harrisburg, PA.
By John Weaver at: jwea-@flightsystems.com

On Sat Feb 2, 2002, members of the Capital Ghost Forum and some guests
from the Allegheny Mountain Ghosthunters investigated the Rutherford
House. Built as a private home for one of the area's prominent families
in 1858, this stately stone mansion has also served as a juvenile
detention home and is currently a senior citizens' center. Kelly Weaver
was originally contacted in 2001 by the center's Director, who spoke of
a variety of typical paranormal activity, including doors opening and
closing without reason, unexplained lighting problems, moving objects,
etc. Kelly and I investigated the facility before the Holiday Season,
and obtained some orbs and ecto in photos, and some EVP which came
through on IR video. We also captured the strange rattling of an
upstairs hall window while I was filming Kelly giving her impression of
what energies remained at that particular spot. (Jean, the director
reported that this had never happened previously; Further inspection
shows the window panels and frame are indeed solidly placed)
With Kelly and I, and the director all wishing to learn more, a date
was arranged for our members to investigate the facility. On this
evening, we were divided into 4 groups of 8 to 9 people in each, to
allow each group to work each of the 3 floors and the basement. Care was
taken to ensure that each group had more experienced members to lead
them, and the 8 people who are new to investigations were divided evenly
amongst the groups. There are several members of our group who, like
Kelly, are very sensitive to the energies present, and we made sure that
each group had at least one of these. Capital Ghost Forum is committed
to obtaining visual, audible and other "evidence" of activity, but also
feel that intuitive (psychic or sensitive) people can not only assist in
directing us to areas of activity, but actually stimulate such activity
by their presence. Over 30 digital and 35mm cameras were in use that
night, along with 6 IR camcorders and various types of tape recorders.
As this is written, only 2 days after the event, we are receiving
digital images by e-mail and expect to receive more, including 35mm as
they are developed. We have seen several well-defined orbs and some
shots with ectoplasm and are awaiting various EVP clips for review.
Activity has also been confirmed on IR video. (All members present were
asked to return copies of investigation logs, from which a final report
will be compiled) Along with what we gathered that night, several
unusual experiences were reported by our members.
Although the second floor so far appears to be the least active that
evening, a side room (bedroom) window was heard rattling when one group
passed by the room. When told of this, I personally inspected the
window, and concluded that it, like the 3rd floor window on our prior
visit, was too solid to do this easily. (One may look silly jumping
about and banging on a window frame, but it does prove a point)
The first floor actually may have produced the best photo and video
evidence of the night, and was the scene of 2 strange occurrences: In
one, several radios went off at once, as if someone was calling those of
us carrying them - an unintelligible voice was heard, but when
questioned, all agreed no one in our group had made the call. (All
radios in use were configured with a "Private Line" feature, which
encodes reception, thus this could not be normal outside interference!)
While on my way down from the 3rd floor, I stopped to observe another
group exploring a small 2nd floor bathroom, asking how their night was
progressing. As it was almost time to meet in the ballroom and compare
notes, we moved downstairs together. We lingered a moment at the bottom,
continuing our discussion, when the heavy, unmistakable smell of a
sickening-sweet perfume made our noses wince. (Not intending to be
stereotypical, it is the type of smell one relates to blue-haired
grandmas, none of which were present that evening) There was no one else
in the immediate area, and we uneasily sniffed each other looking for a
rational explanation. Alas, there was none for this offensive - and
evidently supernatural - smell.
The third floor was the scene of the night's strangest incident. Kelly
and Al Brindza, another "sensitive" and friend from the AMG group had
just emerged from a room that neither liked, and both wanted to head
downstairs. Kelly and a couple others did, using the front stairway
while some of us chose to use the back stairs. (Kelly, on our prior
visit and tonight, strongly wished to avoid the rear stairway) I was
still filming and speaking to another AMG member, Jon McClintock, when
Al started downstairs. Suddenly, we heard a motion detector go off. We
looked around, suspecting someone had left one nearby, but its location
shortly became evident - Al's backpack! The detector then shut off on
its own, and looking quite shaken, Al explained that as he started down
the stairs, he felt "someone" pass through him! Al then unzipped his
pack and showed us the offending device, a Radio Shack motion detector
that many ghosthunters are familiar with. It was wrapped in bubblewrap
and the cover was securely closed! (It was then checked for
malfunctions/battery problems and of course found to be OK) Anyone who
has used these devices knows this was not normal, and we could only
express amazement at yet another paranormal event. He then started
downstairs again and suddenly halted, feeling the presence of an "angry"
man coming toward him. After retreating back up the steps he found that
his digital camera, normally carried with power off, was turned on. Al
was upset by the whole episode, having felt the entity pass through him,
and was led downstairs and outside for some fresh air. He later
described an angry older man, with grey "mutton chop" sideburns who
confronted him on the stairs, and made a rough sketch of the man. When
shown this, Jean the director produced an old photo from her office,
which had not been on display that night. The picture is of Mr.
Rutherford, the original owner of the mansion, and the resemblance to
Al's sketch is easily seen. (Kelly feels Mr. Rutherford is indeed one of
the male spirits here, and is the reason books and cards moving about is
reported in the library/game room. If this was the same entity, he
certainly showed a different side this evening)
There's a lot going on at the Rutherford House - nothing overtly nasty,
but it certainly is very active. There are some historical questions
that might give further insight into who is here and why. Foremost is
why this mansion, built by a wealthy and prominent family in 1858, found
itself transformed into a Juvenile Detention Home less than 50 years
later. Kelly and the other intuitives feel that there is considerable
residual energy here; not surprising given the castle-thick stone walls
and its former role as a facility where much unhappiness would have been
felt. However, much of the activity reported clearly suggests that
intelligent spirits inhabit this historic old structure. Another
investigation is scheduled for April 20, as part of the Independent
Ghost Hunters Conference. That night, we can expect more answers -- and
more surprises!

_____________

WEBSITE OF THE MONTH
_____________

After many months we are finally bringing back our Haunted Places
Website of the Month Award! Do you have a favorite ghostly website that
you think should win our award? If so please email the URL and your
reason that you think the site should win an award to:
Edi-@haunted-places.com

***
We are currently seeking nominations for the March Website of the month.
Send your suggestions!!!!

_____________

SEEKING INFORMATION
___________

email the senders.

***
From Debraoh at: MOORE_D-@colstate.edu

Are there any Ghost Hunters in the area of Columbus, Georgia? Would be
interested in knowing if there is such a group.

___________

TRUE EXPERIENCES
___________

From: Katie at: okra-@hotmail.com

One weekend my freshman year in college (1995) my roommate and I
visited my hometown and were staying with my mom. In the middle of the
night I was suddenly awakened by my name, which was spoken loudly and
clearly in a woman's voice. It sounded very urgent, and I felt panicked,
as if something were wrong. I jumped out of bed, raced down the hall and
into the kitchen, where I could see the door to my mother's room. Her
light was off so I knew she was still asleep, and that's when I fully
realized that I had not heard my mother's voice, but the voice of an
unknown woman. I hurried back to bed and squeezed my eyes shut until I
fell back asleep. The next morning I related this story to my mother as
she was cooking breakfast. When I told her about the voice saying my
name, she turned from the stove with wide eyes. Disbelievingly, she told
me that a strange woman's voice had also spoken her name, waking her up
in the night. She also felt the urgency and impending danger, and ran to
my room, where she looked in on us. When she realized we were okay, she
also went back to bed and fell back to sleep.

***
From: BFaul-@aol.com

There is a haunted house in Ardmore, Alabama that is very scary. I
promised myself I would never go in there again! Its my Grandma’s old
house.
One night after my papa died, I went and stayed there to
keep my grandma company. That night I heard a loud sound but
apparently my grandma did not hear it. I thought it was our dogs or
something like the wind. I got up to go and see what it was and there
sitting in his old rocking chair was my Grandpa George. It was the most
awful thing I've ever seen and that’s when I told my grandma.
She said it was just my imagination until one night she woke up with
him by her side in the bed. That’s when we decided to put the house up
for sale.

___________

UPCOMING EVENTS
___________

For complete details of all events listed in this section please visit:
http://www.haunted-places.com/tours.htm

***
MARCH 2002:

South Jersey Ghost Research will be conducting the following lecture.
For more information visit their website at: http://www.sjgr.org/

Mar. 8th at 7:30pm - Free lecture with photo displays, EVPs and video.
Wenonah Historical Society
Call Vicki McCall at 856-589-2774 for info

***
West Virginia State Penitentiary Ghost Hunt
Hosted by M.A.J.D.A. Paranormal Investigators ( Website:
http://www.majda.net/ )
March 9th
$35.00 per person.
Open to members only.
For more info contact John or Lisa at: MAJD-@aol.com

***
The Weir
by Conor McPherson

Runs Friday through Sunday, to March 10, 2002
at Ensemble Theatre - Cleveland, Ohio (3130 Mayfield Rd., in the west
wing The Civic East of the corner of Lee and Mayfield)
Preview: $13, Fridays & Saturdays $17, Sundays $15 ($2 off for
Students/Seniors)
Phone: (216) 321-2930, email: ensembl-@aol.com"

In a small rural bar in part of present-day Ireland, local men swap
spooky stories to impress a young woman from Dublin who has recently
moved into the local "haunted house". The tables are soon turned when
she spins a mesmerizing yarn of her own.

***
Whitechapel Press announces the following book signings by author Jim
Graczyk:
BORDERS BOOKS - March 13 - Oak Brook, Illinois - 7:30 PM

***
Whitechapel Press announces the following book signings by author Dale
Kaczmarek
BORDERS BOOKS - March 9 - Orland Park, Illinois - 2:00 PM
BORDERS BOOKS - March 16 - Oak Park, Illinois - 2:00 PM
BORDERS BOOKS - March 23 - Oakbrook, Illinois - 2:00 PM
BORDERS BOOKS - March 30 - Highland, Indiana - 2:00 PM

***
The Ohio State Reformatory Ghost Hunt
Mansfield, Ohio
March 23rd - First ghost hunt for 2002.
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
For more info visit: http://www.mrps.org/ghost/index.html

***
APRIL 2002:

South Jersey Ghost Research will be conducting the following lecture.
For more information visit their website at: http://www.sjgr.org/

April 4th at 12:30pm - Free lecture with photo displays,
equipment displays, EVPs and videos.
Mt Laurel AARP

***
West Virginia State Penitentiary Ghost Hunt
Moundsville, West Virginia
Hosted by M.A.J.D.A. Paranormal Investigators ( Website:
http://www.majda.net/ )
April 12th - 100 tickets available - This is the first time ever that
this event is open to the public!
April 26th - 100 tickets available.
$50.00 per person.
Tickets NOT on sale yet!
Open to the public.
For more info contact John or Lisa at: MAJD-@aol.com

***
The Ohio State Reformatory Ghost Hunt
Mansfield, Ohio
April 12th
April 26th
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
For more info visit: http://www.mrps.org/ghost/index.html

***
April UFO, Bigfoot and Ghost Conference
The first annual Pennsylvania Paranormal Conference will be held April
13, 2002. It is the first of its kind in Pennsylvania and will feature
lectures on UFO's and Bigfoot sightings in Pennsylvania as well as
ghosts. This one day event is $85.00 per person plus tax and includes
admission to the conference, lunch and a walking ghost tour.
Investigation of a haunted site for the first 25 people who register.
Seating is limited to 70 people and reservations are required by calling
the Railroad House at (717) 426-4141. Registration begins at 8:15 AM
Saturday, April 13 and conference begins at 9:00 AM. This event will be
held at the Historic Railroad House Restaurant Bed & Breakfast in
Marietta, Pennsylvania.
Located on the corners of Front & Perry Streets. Guest speakers include
Stan Gordon, Eric Altman, Rick Fisher and Karl Silvius. Other speakers
to be announced. For more information contact Rick Fisher or go the PGHS
website at "http://home.supernet.com/~rfisher/para.html"

***
Southwestern Paranormal Ghost Conference
April 13th and 14th in beautiful sunny Yuma, Arizona
The Yuma Spirit Hunters in cooperation with the MVD Ghostchasers of
Mesa, AZ. Proudly present the 1st Annual Southwestern Paranormal Ghost
Conference.
You may register online at any of these web sites:
www.yumaspirithunters.com
www.spirithunter.faithweb.com
www.mvdghostchasers.iwarp.com

***
Independent Ghost Hunters Conference
Camp Hill, Pennsylvania
April 20
Hosted by Psychic/Medium and Ghosthunter Kelly L. Weaver, Founder of
Capital Ghost Forum
Contact is Kelly Weaver at: Weav-@aol.com

***
South Jersey Ghost Research will be conducting the following lecture.
For more information visit their website at: http://www.sjgr.org/

April 25th at 7pm - 9pm Free lecture with photos displays,
equipment displays, EVPs and videos.
Atlantic County Library: Galloway Twp Branch, Galloway, NJ
306 East Jimmie Leeds Road
609-652-2352

***
MAY 2002:

South Jersey Ghost Research will be conducting the following lecture.
For more information visit their website at: http://www.sjgr.org/

May 2nd at 7pm - Free lecture with photos displays,
equipment displays, EVPs and videos.
Bellmawr Public Library, Bellmawr, NJ
21 E. Browning Road, Bellmawr, NJ 08031
856-933-1319

***
History & Hauntings Tours
Hosted by: Troy Taylor
See the descriptions below or get more information about the tours at
"http://www.prairieghosts.com/tours.html"

Saturday, May 4 - 7:30 PM
New! Spirits of the Civil War Tour
Deluxe Dinner Tour: $45 per person
(Tickets on Sale - Starting March 25)

***
Gettysburg Ghost Conference–Voices from the Past: The Art of EVP
May 4th & 5th, 2002
Hosted by the International Ghost Hunters Society (Website:
www.ghostweb.com )

***
Campout / Ghost Hunt in the ghost town of Sprucevale.
Near East Liverpool, Ohio
Hosted by M.A.J.D.A. Paranormal Investigators ( Website:
http://www.majda.net/ )
May 11th - Date subject to change due to the weather.
Free
Open to members only.
For more info contact John or Lisa at: MAJD-@aol.com

***
The Ohio State Reformatory Ghost Hunt
Mansfield, Ohio
May 17th
May 31st
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
For more info visit: http://www.mrps.org/ghost/index.html

***
West Virginia State Penitentiary Ghost Hunt
Moundsville, West Virginia
Hosted by M.A.J.D.A. Paranormal Investigators ( Website:
http://www.majda.net/ )
May 24th - 130 tickets available.
$50.00 per person.
Tickets NOT on sale yet!
Open to the public.
For more info contact John or Lisa at: MAJD-@aol.com

***

History & Hauntings Tours
Hosted by: Troy Taylor
See the descriptions below or get more information about the tours at
"http://www.prairieghosts.com/tours.html"

Saturday, May 25 - 7:30 PM
New! Spirits of the Civil War Tour
Standard Ghost Tour: $30 per person
(Tickets on Sale - Starting March 25)

***
Ghost Safari's 2002 Conference,
"Evidence and Enigmas" will convene May 25th all day and into the
evening at the Holiday Inn in Broken Arrow, OK. Ghost hunters,
researchers and paranormal enthusiasts are invited to attend this
informal but jam-packed conference. Featured will be some of the best
ghost investigators in the country presenting the current state of their
research along with photographic, video and audio evidence. The cost is
$30 and includes continental breakfast, afternoon snacks and exciting
door prizes including a Trifield Natural EM Meter, Vivitar 3-D camera,
Gauss Master meters and several other prizes. Attendees will be
encouraged to present their own evidence at several open "Show and Tell"
sessions so bring those photos, videotapes and EVP samples! We'll have
all the state-of-the-art presentation equipment and a bang-up sound
system! The conference will also include vendor and information tables
all in a huge conference room. Email rich-@ghostsafari.com and visit
www.ghostsafari.com for more information and to register on line.

***
JUNE 2002:

History & Hauntings Tours
Hosted by: Troy Taylor
See the description below or get more information about the tours at
"http://www.prairieghosts.com/tours.html"

Saturday, June 1 - 7:30 PM
Special! Haunted Greenwood Cemetery Walking Tour
Decatur, Illinois - Hosted by Troy Taylor
A walking tour of the most haunted cemetery in downstate Illinois, based
on the book "Where the Dead Walk" by Troy Taylor!
Special Thanks to the "Haunted Decatur Tours": $12 per person
(Tickets on Sale - Starting March 25)

***
West Virginia State Penitentiary Ghost Hunt
Moundsville, West Virginia
Hosted by M.A.J.D.A. Paranormal Investigators ( Website:
http://www.majda.net/ )
June 14th - 130 tickets available.
$50.00 per person.
Tickets NOT on sale yet!
Open to the public.
For more info contact John or Lisa at: MAJD-@aol.com

***
The Ohio State Reformatory Ghost Hunt
Mansfield, Ohio
June 14th
June 28th
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
For more info visit: http://www.mrps.org/ghost/index.html

***
American Ghost Society 2002 Haunted America National Conference
June 20 - 23, 2002
Hosted by Troy & Amy Taylor (American Ghost Society Founders)
at the History & Hauntings Book Co. Building
515 East Third Street - Haunted Alton, Illinois
Detailed information is available at: "http://www.prairieghosts.com".

***
On June 23-26, 2002, The Academy of Religion and Psychical Research
will sponsor its 27th annual conference on "MEDIUMSHIP: A DOORWAY TO
OTHER DIMENSIONS OF EXISTENCE" at Rosemont College, Rosemont,
Pennsylvania (11 miles west of Philadelphia).
For details of the program and to register, go to the ARPR Web site -
"http://www.lightlink.com/arpr/" - e-mail bat-@infi.net, phone
860-242-4593, or write to ARPR, P.O. Box 614, Bloomfield, CT 06002-0614.

For your information, the ARPR Web site has over 225 links separated
into 24 different categories such as Ghosts/Haunted Places, Near-Death
Experiences, Out-of-Body Experiences, Parapsychology, etc.

***
Campout / Ghost Hunt in the ghost town of Sprucevale.
Near East Liverpool, Ohio
Hosted by M.A.J.D.A. Paranormal Investigators ( Website:
http://www.majda.net/ )
June 29th - Date subject to change due to the weather.
Free
Open to members only.
For more info contact John or Lisa at: MAJD-@aol.com

***
JULY 2002:

West Virginia State Penitentiary Ghost Hunt
Moundsville, West Virginia
Hosted by M.A.J.D.A. Paranormal Investigators ( Website:
http://www.majda.net/ )
July 12th - 130 tickets available.
July 26th - 130 tickets available.
$50.00 per person.
Tickets NOT on sale yet!
Open to the public.
For more info contact John or Lisa at: MAJD-@aol.com

***
The Ohio State Reformatory Ghost Hunt
Mansfield, Ohio
July 12th
July 26th
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
For more info visit: http://www.mrps.org/ghost/index.html

***
History & Hauntings Tours
Hosted by: Troy Taylor
See the description below or get more information about the tours at
"http://www.prairieghosts.com/tours.html"

Saturday, July 13 - 6:30 PM
New! Special Ghost Hunter's Tour- "Behind the Scenes" of Haunted Alton!
Alton, Illinois - Hosted by Troy Taylor
A special four-hour ghost hunter's tour, beginning with a presentation
on ghosts, hauntings and ghost hunting by Troy Taylor and then an
in-depth tour of Alton's most haunted places! :$50 per person
(Tickets on Sale - Starting March 25)

***
AUGUST 2002:

The Ohio State Reformatory Ghost Hunt
Mansfield, Ohio
August 2nd
August 16th
August 30th
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
For more info visit: http://www.mrps.org/ghost/index.html

***
West Virginia State Penitentiary Ghost Hunt
Moundsville, West Virginia
Hosted by M.A.J.D.A. Paranormal Investigators ( Website:
http://www.majda.net/ )
August 9th - 130 tickets available.
August 23rd - 130 tickets available.
$50.00 per person.
Tickets NOT on sale yet!
Open to the public.
For more info contact John or Lisa at: MAJD-@aol.com

***
SEPTEMBER 2002:

The Ohio State Reformatory Ghost Hunt
Mansfield, Ohio
September 6th
September 14th
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
For more info visit: http://www.mrps.org/ghost/index.html

***
West Virginia State Penitentiary Ghost Hunt
Moundsville, West Virginia
Hosted by M.A.J.D.A. Paranormal Investigators ( Website:
http://www.majda.net/ )
September 20th - 130 tickets available - Last ghost hunt for 2002!
$50.00 per person.
Tickets NOT on sale yet!
Open to the public.
For more info contact John or Lisa at: MAJD-@aol.com

***
OCTOBER 2002:

HAUNTED NEWPORT
October 1-31, 2002
Newport, Rhode Island
"http://www.hauntednewport.com"

Largest month-long Halloween "spooktacular" in North America
established in 1999 to promote a positive view of Halloween. Featured
over 120 events in 2001,including: Halloween Market, haunted hayrides,
vampire and ghost tours, Halloween parties, murder mysteries, ghost
ships, psychic readings, author book signings, Edgar Allan Poe Weekend,
wizard workshops, Opening Day
Scaremony and more.

***
Campout / Ghost Hunt in the ghost town of Sprucevale.
Near East Liverpool, Ohio
Hosted by M.A.J.D.A. Paranormal Investigators ( Website:
http://www.majda.net/ )
October 19th - Date subject to change due to the weather.
Free
Open to members only.
For more info contact John or Lisa at: MAJD-@aol.com

***
NOVEMBER 2002:
The Ohio State Reformatory Ghost Hunt
Mansfield, Ohio
November 9th
November 23rd - Last ghost hunt for 2002!
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
For more info visit: http://www.mrps.org/ghost/index.html

___________

MEDIA LISTINGS
___________

   The media listing mainly cover the 8pm to 10pm time slots. Most
listed times are Eastern Standard Time. Please check your local listings
for the correct viewing times in your area.

***
ART BELL ( Website: http://www.artbell.com/index.html ):

03/03/02 - Sun/Mon
Guest: Adrienne Felice
Adrienne Felice lives in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Her lifelong study of
spiritualism, the Natural Laws and Transcendental Meditation inspired
her to write And While My Body Sleeps.

Art’s schedule for the rest of the week not available at time of
publication.

***
VH1

Sun - 10th at 10pm - Micheal Jackson: Ghosts

***
THE ANIMAL PLANET

Thu - 7th at 9pm - Pet Psychic

***
THE LEARNING CHANNEL:

Tue - 5th at 10pm - Best Kept Secrets of: The Paranormal

***
TNT:

Tue - 5th at 10pm - Charmed: Trial by Magic

***
UPN:

Tue - 5th at 8pm - Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Hell’s Bells

***
NOGG (Children’s Programming ):

Sun thru Sat at 8pm - Ghostwriter

***
SCIFI:

Sunday thru Thursday at 11 and 11:30pm - Crossing Over With John Edwards
Tue - 5th at 8pm - Outer Limits: The donor
Wed - 6th at 8pm - Outer Limits: Father and Sons
Thu - 7th at 8pm - Outer Limits: The Haven
Fri - 8th at 9pm - The Chronicle: The king is (Un)Dead

***
PAX:

Fri - 8th at 9pm - Encounters with the Unexplained: Who Killed Princess
Di

***
DISCOVERY KIDS:

Fri - 8th at 8pm - Truth or Scare: Bigfoot
Fri - 8th at 8:30pm - Truth or Scare: Psychic Science
Sat - 9th at 8pm - Truth or Scare: Dracula
Sat - 9th at 8:30pm - Truth or Scare: Wolfman, The Myth and the Science
Sun - 10th at 8pm - Truth or Scare: Bigfoot
Sun - 10th at 8:30pm - Truth or Scare: Wolfman, The Myth and the Science

***
INTERNET RADIO PROGRAMS:

Jeff Rense: Listen at : http://www.sightings.com/
Mon. - Fri. at 7pm to 10 pm Pacific time
Sat. at 9pm to 3am Pacific time
Sun. at 8pm to 11pm Pacific time

***
http://www.pawebcast.cc/