Welcome Guest!
 Haunted Places
 Mar 31, 2002 14:50 PST
THE HAUNTED PLACES REPORT

Founded by: Dennis William Hauck
Edited by: Rev. Ronald E. Beach
Email: Edi-@haunted-places.com
Website: http://www.Haunted-Places.com

editor.

04/02/02

___________

CONTENTS:
___________

* From the Editor
* Letters to the Editor
* Announcements
* Featured Article
* Ghost Hunting Tip
* In the News
* Website of the Month
* Seeking Information
* True Experiences
* Upcoming Events
* Media Listings

_____________

FROM THE EDITOR
_____________

We’ve had lots of emails asking what happened to the Report the last 2
weeks. We had want turned out to be a minor problem.
Our internet service went down and we spent almost to 2 weeks trying to
trace down the problem. At first we thought the trouble was in our home
network. Many days of trying different things brought no solution to the
problem. Then the other evening I sat down to watch some TV and our
cable reception was terrible. Since our internet connection is thru our
cable, I started tracing down the problem from our cable modem back
towards the connection coming into our house. It turns out the outside
cable connection was lose and corroded. One call to the cable company’s
repair service, a visit by their repairman and problem solved!

***
I found a great site that everyone should find useful: Cemeteries in the
United States, Canada and Australia at:
http://www.daddezio.com/cemetery/

_____________

LETTERS TO THE EDITOR
_____________

We invite your letters to the editor. Tell us how you feel about things
in the newsletter or in the ghost hunting community. All letters must be
accompanied by an email address so other readers can respond to you.

***
From: Wilma at:nanaw-@gbronline.com"
( Editor’s note: This letter concerns our haunted sites listings at
Haunted-Places.com and other website that list haunted sites.)

I am looking for info on Jane Chinn Hospital, in Webb City, Mo. it is a
closed hospital that is being renovated and kids keep breaking in, and
they always get caught, and tell the police, I found it on the internet
and was just looking.
The Housing Authority of Webb City is making Senior Citizen Housing out
of it and has spent many hours and thousands of dollars and have tools
and equipment stored there and we would like to find a way to get it
removed if it is indeed listed, any information would be appreciated.
Thank You, Marion and Wilma

Editor’s reply:

Thank you for your email. I've searched our website and don't see any
mention of the Jane Chinn Hospital. If it is indeed on the site and
anybody can point out to me where, I'd be more than happy to remove it.
One thing that I'm really against is trespassing on private property.
Most trespassers are not serious about paranormal investigations, they
seem to mainly be thrill seekers. This gives a bad name to those of us
who are serious about investigations and makes it harder for us to get
permission to visit such places.
Our newsletter goes out to several thousand subscribers each week and
I'll be sure to publish your letter. Hopefully, that will help cut down
on the trespassers. I'll also ask that if any of our readers has the
hospital listed on their websites to please remove it.

***
From: Jim at: jjca-@brfunsten.com

I've started a website that reviews paranormal websites. You can see
yours at: http://www.ghoststudy.info !
Keep up the great work!

***
From: Jinie at: spiritdanc-@yahoo.com

I love it. You've made 'Haunted Places' more informative, with more
exciting items to check out. I've always been very psychic, and thanks
to my Paternal Grandmother who helped me develop it, and taking courses
over the years, I've had some extremely interesting experiences; like
the time Jesus came to me and my husband (at the time) to let us know my
Paternal Grandfather had died, and the baby boy I was pregnant with at
the time would also die and be in the care of my late Grandfather; and
touching me - giving me healing powers I've used a great many times
since then; or the time when a demon spirit 'came home' with us from a
weekend trip, hurt our children, wreaked havoc within our household for
weeks, and so we had our home exorcized. I've written about many of my
extraordinary experiences that are as yet unpublished. Maybe you or some
of your readers knows of someone who will publish my works. Thanks for a
fantastic site. One of my favorites.

_____________

ANNOUNCEMENTS
_____________

Are you staring a new paranormal investigation group? Is your group
looking for new members? Does your group have an upcoming event? Has
your group done any interesting investigations? Has your group or
members of it appeared on any TV or radio programs? Do you have any
ghostly related news from your local area? If the answer to any of these
questions is “Yes”, please let us know so we can publish the information
in upcoming issues.

***
From: AvT-@aol.com

Our web site is up and running! For several months, we have been adding
excerpts from the books that are underway as well as thoughts on current
events that affect our spiritual growth. Of course, we have the photo
area to share the Ghost Photos we take and those sent to us. The Home
Page gives you a good overview of what to expect in the coming weeks and
the Archives section lets you catch up on any of the past Soul Notes you
may have missed. Check it out and let us know what you think. The site
address is www.spiritualsoulutions.com and---it's free.

***
From: Kelly Weaver at: Weav-@aol.com

Visions from the Other Side has moved to prime time! Listen to us on
Wednesdays at noon, or at 9Pm. (pawebcast.com)
Listen to our show at: http://www.pawebcast.com/visions/visions.htm
Just minimize the windows and listen to our show while working on any
other computer project (radio for your PC).
Thanks for your support! If you have any questions you would like to
ask or subject matters you would like to hear ...please let me know.

***
There's a new "mass mailer" virus called Gibe on the loose that
installs a Trojan horse on your computer. The virus comes into your
email inbox masquerading as a security update from Microsoft. If you
receive this email, don't open the attachment (q216309.exe). Microsoft
will never email files to you. You must download these on your own from
the Windows Update / Microsoft Security site.

***
From Troy Taylor at: ttay-@prairieghosts.com

Thanks to all of our subscribers who have expressed interest and who
have already signed up for the "Ghost Research Home Study Course" that I
recently started offering through Dennis Hauck's Flamel College.
Dennis and I have both been very pleased with the unexpected response!
If you don't know about the home study course, check out the link below
and see what it's all about! Check out info about the course at:
http://www.flamelcollege.org/paranormal.htm

***
Also from Troy Taylor at: ttay-@prairieghosts.com

Thanks for the great response that we have received for the Spring &
Summer schedule of ghost tours! At this time, the Greenwood Cemetery
Walking Tour on June 1 is completely sold out and only
about 8 seats remain for the special "Ghost Hunter's Tour" on July 13.
The other tours are filling up as well, so if you hope to join us for
the new spring & summer tours, don't hesitate to make your reservations
now!
You can purchase seats by calling toll-free 1-888-446-7859 or on-line
at http://www.prairieghosts.com/tours.html . We are not sure if these
tours will be included in the Fall line-up so don't miss out on these
special events!

***
From: Ack2-@aol.com

Pinewood or Forest Park Cemetery in Troy, New York is said to be
haunted. Be careful the place is badly overgrown.

***
Along the same note, from: Spect-@aol.com

Forest park Cemetery has been said is one of the top ten haunted
cemeteries in the country. There have been reports of bleeding statues
and strange noises coming from behind the locked gates at night.
I have visited there and it seems that a cult might be using that place
as a ceremonial ground. This cemetery is also called Oakwood and
Pinewood Cemetery and it is located in Troy, NY.

__________

FEATURED ARTICLE
__________

Dowsing and the Ghost Hunter
Written by Patti Starr
E mail: holly-@qx.net

What Is Dowsing?
Dowsing is the ability of seeking answers and interpreting them by
using rods or a pendulum. Dowsing is widely used as a simple, but
effective, way of searching for anything from lost coins, water, and
geophysical surveys to ghosts.

Who Can Dowse?
Everyone one is born with the capability to dowse. Some will obtain
the dowsing reaction immediately while others may have to practice for a
while before they will see results.

How Do You Dowse For Ghosts?
I start out by letting the dowsing rods lead me to the area where the
energy of the ghost or spirit is the strongest. Then, to get certain
movements from the rods I ask certain questions to get information about
the entity causing the haunting. Many times we are lucky enough to match
this information with past history accounts, or a listing in a genealogy
search, or from a relative or friend that knows of this individual.

How Can I Learn to Dowse For Ghosts?
I have released an instructional video “Dowsing for Ghosts with Patti
Starr” and it will show you how to find the spirits with two “L” shaped
brass rods and then with one rod how to ask the “yes and no” questions.
I have also included a chapter in my book that goes into depth about
dowsing for ghosts, “Ghost Hunting In Kentucky and Beyond: Experience
the Unexplained.” By Patti Starr, Certified Ghost Hunter

Where Can I Get More Formal Training on Dowsing for Ghosts?
These are the same methods that I use to instruct my students attending
the Advanced Ghost Hunting course that I teach at the Lexington
Community College in Lexington, KY. I also offer a home study course
for Certified Ghost Hunter, which will be available in May. This course
will include the book, dowsing video, EVP CD, set of rods, working
manual, a written exam, diploma of graduation, online help, and posting
investigation results on the website.
You can register for “Introductory to Ghost Hunting” by calling LCC
(859) 257-4872 ex 4427.   Once you complete this course you may go on to
“Advanced Ghost Hunting.”

The Proper way to hold the Dowsing Rods
The proper way to hold the dowsing rods is to take the L-shape rod and
with the shorter end hold them lightly in your hands with your thumb
bent down across the fingers. Do not place the thumbs over the bent end
of the handle or it will restrict movement of the rods. Do not grip too
tightly, but hold them tight enough to keep the rods parallel and loose
enough for them to move. To test the “yes and no” response, ask the
rods to show you the “yes” position and they should cross each other.
When you ask for the “no” position they should turn out away from each
other. If for some reason you get the opposite response then you much
remember the signals have been changed and for this day you will get the
rods crossing for “no” and them pointing away from each other for yes.
We are all different and that’s why it is important to do the test
response before starting the dowsing.

Code of Dowsing
1 ) Relax your mind and body before starting. You should not dowse if
you are tired, sick, or stressed.
2 ) Dowsing takes a lot of energy so keep the sessions short.
3 ) Wear comfortable clothes; remove your watch, jewelry and other
metallic objects from your pockets. Do not wear a heavy backpack or
carry a bag.
4 ) To protect yourself from other energies and negativity it is
important to align yourself:
   a ) Take a deep breath and imagine the air entering through the top
of your head. As you exhale visualize a line passing down through the
center of your body and down past your feet into the ground by 6”.
   b ) Take another deep breath and imagine a clear white-violet light
encircling all around you as if you were inside this protective bubble.
   c ) Now you are ready to test your responses.
5 ) Once you have asked the “May I, Can I, Should I?” and said your
prayer you are set to proceed.
6 ) Be sure that the wording of your question is clear and not
ambiguous.
7 ) Think only of your question. Clear other thoughts, especially the
thoughts about what you think the answer will be.

Be sure to protect yourself with the dowsing ritual before you start.

Connecting To The Rods
“I, (Your Name), the owner of these dowsing rods, declare that all
answers shall be given in the love of truth when using these dowsing
rods. I promise to use my dowsing rods only for good.”

Connecting To The Universal Law
“I ask the forces for good to guard all my dowsing, to obtain only
answers given in love of truth, given from all available sources, and
given in terms of the present time and locations that I understand as a
human being on this earth.”

Connecting To a Higher Self
“Dear God, (or other), please help me to become centered so that I may
become a clear channel to your wisdom, in order to raise my
consciousness and the consciousness of those who come to me for advice
and help. Protect me from all negative forces while I do thy work.”

I repeat these three steps while holding my rods in my hands before I
start the actual dowsing process. This helps you focus on the task at
hand and gives you protection from any negative forces. I find that
when I do this ritual before starting, I have greater success with my
dowsing results.
Not only has dowsing aided the investigations with information about
who is causing the haunting and why they are there, I have also come up
with a unique way of getting EVPs during the dowsing session where the
ghosts/spirits will answer the questions that are asked during the
dowsing session. I also discuss this technique in my book, “Ghost
Hunting in Kentucky and Beyond: Experience the Unexplained,” and the
video, “Dowsing for Ghosts with Patti Starr.” If you have any questions
or would like to order the book or video you can email me at:
Holly-@qx.net

__________

GHOST HUNTING TIP
__________

Do you have a ghost hunting tip you’d like to share with our readers?
Send to us at: Edi-@haunted-places.com

___________

IN THE NEWS
___________

Submitted by Feature Writer Brandy B. Stark at:
sfcf-@scfn.thpl.lib.fl.us

BOOO!-DA-BING CLUB
By AL GUART
From the New York Post
All copyrights acknowledged
March 10, 2002

Talk about mob haunts! The owners of a Brooklyn
restaurant that was once the headquarters of murderous
gangster Salvatore "Sammy Bull" Gravano claim they've been
spooked by ghosts and disembodied voices - maybe those
of victims executed there. Danza's restaurant at 6205 18th
Avenue in Bensonhurst was once Tali's restaurant & lounge, a
Gravano haunt where at least two men who co-owned the place with
the infamous mob stoolie met a grisly end.
It was at Tali's that Gravano's "right arm," Joseph"Stymie" D'Angelo,
37, was fatally shot in 1995. In his book "Underboss," Gravano claimed a
coked-up Colombo associate blasted D'Angelo in the head after an
altercation.
And on Nov. 2, 1987, Gravano had his partner, Michael
DeBatt, shot numerous times in the head and neck while
tending bar.
DeBatt's lifeless body was left face-up on the floor in
front of a jukebox. His pockets were emptied, his jewelry
removed and the cash register cleaned out.
"We tried to make it look like a robbery," Gravano later
confessed.
Bullet holes still mark the restaurant's brick walls, but it is more
ghostly matters that have the restaurant owners and staff spooked.
They have reported seeing figures seated at tables or heading down to
the basement, but the men then mysteriously vanish. They have also heard
voices and the noise of a chainsaw, smelled foul odors and felt they
were being watched.
"The place is definitely haunted," said Angela Perrone, a
cousin of the restaurant's owner, Stephen Carroll. "There's
a creepiness, as if someone's always watching you. It's
a sinister energy."
Carroll said he hadn't paid much notice about the restaurant being
haunted until an incident when Perrone was alone in the basement.
"I heard someone speaking to me and thought it was my partner," Perrone
said. "But he was outside packing the car the whole time."
A frightened Perrone called in Westchester-based "ghostbuster" Frances
Bennett, a parapsychologist. Staff were interviewed, and infrared video
cameras, tape recorders and an electromagnetic-field meter were set up
for four hours at the restaurant.
Bennett said her probe turned up a host of "spirit"
activity that included:
* Voice recordings of the dead repeating the name "Mike"
and saying, "I'll kill you."
* The image of a man's face reflected in glass at the
bar and another image seen at the entrance.
* An apparition of a man crouched down near the bar.
* Video footage of "orbs" of light - a sign of individual
spirits, Bennett says - moving around the restaurant.
* Tablecloths fluffing up and dropping back down on
their own.
DeBatt's sister, Roseanne Massa, believes her brother
Michael may be haunting Danza's because Gravano spent
less than five years in jail for killing him and 18 others as
part of a deal with prosecutors for testifying against Gambino boss John
Gotti.

___________

INVESTIGATIVE RESULTS
___________

Has your group recently completely an interesting or unusual
investigation. We’d love to hear about it! Tell us a little history
about the site, why it is considered haunted, and the results of your
investigation. Email your report to: Edi-@haunted-places.com . Be sure
to put Investigative Results in the subject line.

***
By Feature Writer Brandy Stark at: stark_-@hotmail.com

Many have experienced the thrill of the theater. As an institution, it
has survived despite centuries of war and illness, plague and political
upheaval. Theater buildings stand as monuments to human creativity,
offering tantalizing glimpses into the human psyche. Even death, it
appears, does not deter some from returning to these favored locations.
Socrates Charos knows this well. A dance instructor from Greece, this
enigmatic and charming man now owns the Royalty Theater, in Clearwater.
He can attest to the persistent presence of supernatural influences.
Established in 1896, the Royalty Theater is the oldest building in
Clearwater, and has had several incarnations during its long history. It
started as a performing arts theater, but was converted to a marquee in
the 1920s. It housed Air Force and Marine troops during the World Wars.
In the 1960s, the building was nearly destroyed by a storm. It served
part of the 1970s as a church, but returned to showing movies in the
80s. Finally, the Royalty was closed in 1995. The building was slated
for destruction but Charos, following a dream, purchased the theater,
refurbishing and reopening it to the public.
Entities who reside in the theater are very active in expressing
themselves. They often cause the lights to flash or chandeliers to dance
if they like a performance. Sometimes a little mischievous, they trip
the alarm system after everyone has gone for the night.
The entities also manifest on film. Charos has a scrapbook filled with
photos tourists have taken in the theater and sent to him, showing
mists, orbs, and apparitions.
At least three presences have made themselves known. While working
alone one evening, Charos looked up to see a man standing at the front
door. Dressed as a captain, he wore a blue coat with a fisherman's hat.
He had blue eyes and a goatee. Keeping his hands in his pockets, he
greeted the theater's new owner. It was as the man walked forward that
Charos noticed he had no legs.
"The ghost walked through me, went into the theater, and vanished. What
an introduction! He was horrible and often harassed ladies by grabbing
their legs and rears. He also used to make terrible noises, similar to
pounding on metal pots, around the front stage."
Charos finally had the theater blessed by a priest, and the captain,
much to everyone's relief, has appeared no more. None of the women on
the investigation felt anything unusual, and unseen hands goosed no one.
The second spirit, however, is quite unique. Those who run the theater
call her "Angelina" or "Angelica," and she appears to be a young woman
who died early in the 20th century. A lover of music and dance, she
seems naturally attracted to the Royalty, and is a patron of Charos. He
believes that she is the force who drew him to the building.
During the SPIRITS team investigation, members sensed her presence. In
the offices at the top of the second balcony, two people smelled the
aroma of incense. Equipment recorded several areas of unusual EMF
(electromagnetic energy), and at least one photograph taken shows a
possible aura enveloping one of the team members.
She was also sensed on the stage, particularly during the inspired
performance of a young man playing the piano. More readings were taken,
but proved inconclusive. It was the photographs that gave tangible proof
of her presence. A very large and solid orb image appears in one
picture. Another captures a white streak near the back stage curtains.
Several show multiple orbs near the ceiling.
"I felt as if she was a carefree spirit. I could almost envision her
dancing around the stage to the music, even as we did our investigation"
adds Karen West.
The third ghost may be that of a man killed in the theater during the
1980s. One of the managers there, he was murdered by drunken tourists
who suspected he was homosexual.
His love for the building, however, overcomes his grisly death. He
remains as a guardian, watching for the safety of those who come
through.
"He actually kept someone from falling," Charos adds. "When the theater
was being renovated, one of the workers slipped. He almost went over the
railing, but he felt someone grab him and pull him back. When he stood
up, no one was there. We think our ghost friend was looking out for
him."
At least one SPIRITS member sensed a shift in the atmosphere in the
area of the balcony. However, nothing appeared through readings or
photographs.
Currently, the building is listed as a historic site. Charos has
recently been granted permission to expand into a museum and plans to
add statues of classical thinkers to the area. He encourages visitors to
come inside and experience the soothing atmosphere he associates with
the building.
It is well worth the visit, as the Royalty Theater, ornate and stately,
stands a witness to the love of patrons, past, present, and future.

For reports, images, and additional information, please go to:
SPIRITS site: "http://centralflghosts.homestead.com/royaltytheater.html"
or the Royalty Theater webpage at "http://www.royaltytheatre.org"

_____________

WEBSITE OF THE MONTH
_____________

After many months we are finally bringing back our Haunted Places
Website of the Month Award! Do you have a favorite ghostly website that
you think should win our award? If so please email the URL and your
reason that you think the site should win an award to:
Edi-@haunted-places.com

***
We are currently seeking nominations for the April Website of the month.
Send your suggestions!!!!

_____________

SEEKING INFORMATION
___________

email the senders.

***
From: ERSElec-@aol.com

I’m looking for a list of haunted houses in Northwest England.

***
From Mary at:maryso-@cox-internet.com

I currently live in Tyler, TX. This is about 88 miles east of Dallas. I
am seeking fellow hunters in my area and would be interested in joining
a group from this area. I am an amateur ghost hunter. I have been to one
location on two separate occasions and on both occasions have captured
some things on 35 mm and digital cameras. You can view my report on this
haunting at:
http://www.freakopedia.com/killough.htm
Please e-mail me about fellow hunters in this area. Thank you very much
for this newsletter. I find it very interesting.

***
From Teresa at: tho-@lsuhsc.edu

I've been on the newsletter list for couple of years now. I am going to
be vacationing in England, Ireland and Scotland during the last week of
July and first week of August this year.
Could you please reply with a listing of "haunted" or "active" sites in
these countries, perhaps places that double as hotels where I could
visit. I appreciate your time and look forward to hearing from you.
I live in New Orleans so I'm very used to the other-worldly existence.

***
From: Melissa at: meli-@savier.com

I am looking for any information anyone might have on the Carson Hot
Springs or the surrounding area (Troutdale), in Washington state. Any
help would be appreciated.

***
From: "Amanda at: superde-@hotmail.com

I am a journalism student at UW-Superior. Some classmates and I are
doing a radio documentary about haunted house in the Northland and I was
wondering if you had any info about Fairlawn Mansion or Glensheen
Mansion.
Do you have any history or suggestions for where we can
look for more info? Anything that you could help us with would be great.

P.S. Just for your info if you didn't already know, Woodland Hills in
Duluth is said to have spirits in it. I have a close friend that worked
there and she had quite a few strange (and unnerving!) experiences. This
may be something of interest to you.

***
From Bridgette at: ball-@prodigy.net

I would like to know about what is haunted in Peoria, Illinois. I heard
stories about the old state hospital in Bartonville. It was a mental
hospital.

***
From nickjka-@ozemail.com.au

I would like information on haunted houses around the eastern suburbs
of Melbourne, Australia.

***
From: Nycole at: Nickyg-@go.com

Hi, my name is Nycole and some of my friends and I were planning on
taking a day of just visiting any haunted places. I live in Greeley,
Colorado. Does anyone know if there is any places in Greeley or
elsewhere in Colorado. whenever I try to find places to go
ghost hunting in Colorado. I'm not sure where else I can look. I was
wondering if you might be able to help me in that department. If you
have any information for me it would be really helpful to me. Thanks!

***
From: Lnbac-@aol.com

Do you know of any haunted places around central Indiana?

___________

TRUE EXPERIENCES
___________

From: Jari at: ja-@csinet.net

In the early 60's in Chesterfield, Indiana, near Anderson, my mother
and aunt had an eerie experience. They were on a tour of Indiana and had
heard of a spiritualist camp in Chesterfield. They wanted to see what it
was about, although, tongue in cheek and giggling about it.
They kept driving around in Chesterfield trying to find the camp, and
even though it is a tiny town, they could not find it. It was getting
dusk and my aunt was nervous, so they decided to try one more time. They
stopped at a stop sign that they had been at before and right in front
of them was a stone wall with a black, wrought iron archway that read,
"Spiritualist camp". They laughed at how impossible that was to miss,
but they had. They went in and drove all around the circle of little
cottages. They drove slowly so they could see if any of the mediums at
the camp had their books out on their porches, indicating bookings
available, none were out. They stopped at one unusual stone house and
went onto the porch to make sure, and there was no book out. They both
started to feel really scared, so they got into the car and drove the
rest of the way around the circle which bisected an open field and
through a woods. They stopped at a 2 story cafeteria and could see in
the upper story---ladies in long dress at a function of some kind. They
thought, "Well no wonder we can't get a reading---they are having a
dinner of some kind," and they drove away. They told this story in
minute detail upon their return home.
Three years later, they went back with a group of friends to actually
stay in the hotel on the camp grounds. When they got ready to leave, my
mother mentioned to an elderly lady standing near the gate that there
had been a lot of changes made at camp in the last 3 years. The woman
asked Mom what she meant and Mom said, "Well, you have taken down the
archway that read 'Spiritualist Camp' and built the Cathedral in that
field so that you can't drive all the way around the circle anymore.
Also, the Cafeteria is now just a one story building." The lady got an
odd look on her face and she said, "The archway was taken down in the
30's when buses started coming and were too tall to get through, and I
have come here for 15 years and the cathedral has been here the whole
time. The cafeteria has always been one story." Well, Mom about fainted,
so they all went to the museum and there was the picture of the archway
and the two story cafeteria. When they went to the cathedral to check,
the date was in the stone as many years before.
They had had some kind of psychic experience there and didn't even know
it for 3 years. They just knew that they felt creepy and like they
shouldn't be there and should leave. Fortunately, they told all of their
friends and family all the little details of what they had seen, so
there was plenty of proof that they had described a former time. No
wonder the ladies were in long dress-----it's what they wore then.

___________

UPCOMING EVENTS
___________

For complete details of all events listed in this section please visit:
http://www.haunted-places.com/tours.htm

***
APRIL 2002:

South Jersey Ghost Research will be conducting the following lecture.
For more information visit their website at: http://www.sjgr.org/

April 4th at 12:30pm - Free lecture with photo displays,
equipment displays, EVPs and videos.
Mt Laurel AARP

***
West Virginia State Penitentiary Ghost Hunt
Moundsville, West Virginia
Hosted by M.A.J.D.A. Paranormal Investigators ( Website:
http://www.majda.net/ )
April 12th - 100 tickets available - This is the first time ever that
this event is open to the public!
April 26th - 100 tickets available.
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
Tickets can be ordered at: http://www.majda.net/events.html
For more info contact John or Lisa at: MAJD-@aol.com

***
The Ohio State Reformatory Ghost Hunt
Mansfield, Ohio
April 12th
April 26th
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
For more info visit: http://www.mrps.org/ghost/index.html

***
April UFO, Bigfoot and Ghost Conference
The first annual Pennsylvania Paranormal Conference will be held April
13, 2002. It is the first of its kind in Pennsylvania and will feature
lectures on UFO's and Bigfoot sightings in Pennsylvania as well as
ghosts. This one day event is $85.00 per person plus tax and includes
admission to the conference, lunch and a walking ghost tour.
Investigation of a haunted site for the first 25 people who register.
Seating is limited to 70 people and reservations are required by calling
the Railroad House at (717) 426-4141. Registration begins at 8:15 AM
Saturday, April 13 and conference begins at 9:00 AM. This event will be
held at the Historic Railroad House Restaurant Bed & Breakfast in
Marietta, Pennsylvania.
Located on the corners of Front & Perry Streets. Guest speakers include
Stan Gordon, Eric Altman, Rick Fisher and Karl Silvius. Other speakers
to be announced. For more information contact Rick Fisher or go the PGHS
website at "http://home.supernet.com/~rfisher/para.html"

***
Southwestern Paranormal Ghost Conference
April 13th and 14th in beautiful sunny Yuma, Arizona
The Yuma Spirit Hunters in cooperation with the MVD Ghostchasers of
Mesa, AZ. Proudly present the 1st Annual Southwestern Paranormal Ghost
Conference.
You may register online at any of these web sites:
www.yumaspirithunters.com
www.spirithunter.faithweb.com
www.mvdghostchasers.iwarp.com

***
Independent Ghost Hunters Conference
Camp Hill, Pennsylvania
April 20
Hosted by Psychic/Medium and Ghosthunter Kelly L. Weaver, Founder of
Capital Ghost Forum
Contact is Kelly Weaver at: Weav-@aol.com

***
South Jersey Ghost Research will be conducting the following lecture.
For more information visit their website at: http://www.sjgr.org/

April 25th at 7pm - 9pm Free lecture with photos displays,
equipment displays, EVPs and videos.
Atlantic County Library: Galloway Twp Branch, Galloway, NJ
306 East Jimmie Leeds Road
609-652-2352

***
MAY 2002:
South Jersey Ghost Research will be conducting the following lecture.
For more information visit their website at: http://www.sjgr.org/

May 2nd at 7pm - Free lecture with photos displays,
equipment displays, EVPs and videos.
Bellmawr Public Library, Bellmawr, NJ
21 E. Browning Road, Bellmawr, NJ 08031
856-933-1319

***
History & Hauntings Tours
Hosted by: Troy Taylor
See the descriptions below or get more information about the tours at
"http://www.prairieghosts.com/tours.html"

Saturday, May 4 - 7:30 PM
New! Spirits of the Civil War Tour
Deluxe Dinner Tour: $45 per person
(Tickets on Sale - Starting March 25)

***
Gettysburg Ghost Conference–Voices from the Past: The Art of EVP
May 4th & 5th, 2002
Hosted by the International Ghost Hunters Society (Website:
www.ghostweb.com )

***
SEMINAR "PARANORMAL PLACES OF SOUTHERN WISCONSIN/NORTHERN ILLINOIS"
Saturday, May 11th 2002 - 1:00 PM
Best Western Conference Center
Janesville, WI 53546
For tickets, visit our website at:
http://www.paranormalresearchgroup.com/Seminar2002.html

LIMITED SEATING AVAILABLE
Admission: $16.00 per person
The Southern Wisconsin Paranormal Research Group is presenting a
seminar focusing on haunted locations in Southern Wisconsin and Northern
Illinois.
Investigators from different locations in Wisconsin and Illinois will
be presenting video and photo evidence while discussing some of their
most interesting cases. Other areas of interest such as, Investigators
equipment and usage, common types of hauntings and psychic aspects of
paranormal investigations will also be covered.

***
Campout / Ghost Hunt in the ghost town of Sprucevale.
Near East Liverpool, Ohio
Hosted by M.A.J.D.A. Paranormal Investigators ( Website:
http://www.majda.net/ )
May 11th - Date subject to change due to the weather.
Free
Open to members only.
For more info contact John or Lisa at: MAJD-@aol.com

***
The Ohio State Reformatory Ghost Hunt
Mansfield, Ohio
May 17th
May 31st
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
For more info visit: http://www.mrps.org/ghost/index.html

***
West Virginia State Penitentiary Ghost Hunt
Moundsville, West Virginia
Hosted by M.A.J.D.A. Paranormal Investigators ( Website:
http://www.majda.net/ )
May 24th - 130 tickets available.
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
Tickets can be ordered at: http://www.majda.net/events.html
For more info contact John or Lisa at: MAJD-@aol.com

***

History & Hauntings Tours
Hosted by: Troy Taylor
See the descriptions below or get more information about the tours at
"http://www.prairieghosts.com/tours.html"

Saturday, May 25 - 7:30 PM
New! Spirits of the Civil War Tour
Standard Ghost Tour: $30 per person
(Tickets on Sale - Starting March 25)

***
Ghost Safari's 2002 Conference,
"Evidence and Enigmas" will convene May 25th all day and into the
evening at the Holiday Inn in Broken Arrow, OK. Ghost hunters,
researchers and paranormal enthusiasts are invited to attend this
informal but jam-packed conference. Featured will be some of the best
ghost investigators in the country presenting the current state of their
research along with photographic, video and audio evidence. The cost is
$30 and includes continental breakfast, afternoon snacks and exciting
door prizes including a Trifield Natural EM Meter, Vivitar 3-D camera,
Gauss Master meters and several other prizes. Attendees will be
encouraged to present their own evidence at several open "Show and Tell"
sessions so bring those photos, videotapes and EVP samples! We'll have
all the state-of-the-art presentation equipment and a bang-up sound
system! The conference will also include vendor and information tables
all in a huge conference room. Email rich-@ghostsafari.com and visit
www.ghostsafari.com for more information and to register on line.

***
JUNE 2002:

History & Hauntings Tours
Hosted by: Troy Taylor
See the description below or get more information about the tours at
"http://www.prairieghosts.com/tours.html"

Saturday, June 1 - 7:30 PM
Special! Haunted Greenwood Cemetery Walking Tour
Decatur, Illinois - Hosted by Troy Taylor
A walking tour of the most haunted cemetery in downstate Illinois, based
on the book "Where the Dead Walk" by Troy Taylor!
Special Thanks to the "Haunted Decatur Tours": $12 per person
(Tickets on Sale - Starting March 25)

***
West Virginia State Penitentiary Ghost Hunt
Moundsville, West Virginia
Hosted by M.A.J.D.A. Paranormal Investigators ( Website:
http://www.majda.net/ )
June 14th - 130 tickets available.
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
Tickets can be ordered at: http://www.majda.net/events.html
For more info contact John or Lisa at: MAJD-@aol.com

***
The Ohio State Reformatory Ghost Hunt
Mansfield, Ohio
June 14th
June 28th
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
For more info visit: http://www.mrps.org/ghost/index.html

***
American Ghost Society 2002 Haunted America National Conference
June 20 - 23, 2002
Hosted by Troy & Amy Taylor (American Ghost Society Founders)
at the History & Hauntings Book Co. Building
515 East Third Street - Haunted Alton, Illinois
Detailed information is available at: "http://www.prairieghosts.com".

***
On June 23-26, 2002, The Academy of Religion and Psychical Research
will sponsor its 27th annual conference on "MEDIUMSHIP: A DOORWAY TO
OTHER DIMENSIONS OF EXISTENCE" at Rosemont College, Rosemont,
Pennsylvania (11 miles west of Philadelphia).
For details of the program and to register, go to the ARPR Web site -
"http://www.lightlink.com/arpr/" - e-mail bat-@infi.net, phone
860-242-4593, or write to ARPR, P.O. Box 614, Bloomfield, CT 06002-0614.

For your information, the ARPR Web site has over 225 links separated
into 24 different categories such as Ghosts/Haunted Places, Near-Death
Experiences, Out-of-Body Experiences, Parapsychology, etc.

***
A special SPIRITS art show featuring photos shot during SPIRITS ghost
hunts, and art by SPIRITS members.
June 28 - Aug. 13
Snooty Judy's Gallery - Dunedin, Florida

Images will include "false positives", spectral shots, and "no result"
pictures that also capture and embody artistic qualities of
photography.
For more info contact Brandy at: sfcf-@scfn.thpl.lib.fl.us
The SPIRITS website is: http://centralflghosts.homestead.com/home.html

***
Campout / Ghost Hunt in the ghost town of Sprucevale.
Near East Liverpool, Ohio
Hosted by M.A.J.D.A. Paranormal Investigators ( Website:
http://www.majda.net/ )
June 29th - Date subject to change due to the weather.
Free
Open to members only.
For more info contact John or Lisa at: MAJD-@aol.com

***
JULY 2002:

West Virginia State Penitentiary Ghost Hunt
Moundsville, West Virginia
Hosted by M.A.J.D.A. Paranormal Investigators ( Website:
http://www.majda.net/ )
July 12th - 130 tickets available.
July 26th - 130 tickets available.
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
Tickets can be ordered at: http://www.majda.net/events.html
For more info contact John or Lisa at: MAJD-@aol.com

***
The Ohio State Reformatory Ghost Hunt
Mansfield, Ohio
July 12th
July 26th
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
For more info visit: http://www.mrps.org/ghost/index.html

***
History & Hauntings Tours
Hosted by: Troy Taylor
See the description below or get more information about the tours at
"http://www.prairieghosts.com/tours.html"

Saturday, July 13 - 6:30 PM
New! Special Ghost Hunter's Tour- "Behind the Scenes" of Haunted Alton!
Alton, Illinois - Hosted by Troy Taylor
A special four-hour ghost hunter's tour, beginning with a presentation
on ghosts, hauntings and ghost hunting by Troy Taylor and then an
in-depth tour of Alton's most haunted places! :$50 per person
(Tickets on Sale - Starting March 25)

***
AUGUST 2002:

The Ohio State Reformatory Ghost Hunt
Mansfield, Ohio
August 2nd
August 16th
August 30th
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
For more info visit: http://www.mrps.org/ghost/index.html

***
West Virginia State Penitentiary Ghost Hunt
Moundsville, West Virginia
Hosted by M.A.J.D.A. Paranormal Investigators ( Website:
http://www.majda.net/ )
August 9th - 130 tickets available.
August 23rd - 130 tickets available.
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
Tickets can be ordered at: http://www.majda.net/events.html
For more info contact John or Lisa at: MAJD-@aol.com

***
SEPTEMBER 2002:

The Ohio State Reformatory Ghost Hunt
Mansfield, Ohio
September 6th
September 14th
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
For more info visit: http://www.mrps.org/ghost/index.html

***
West Virginia State Penitentiary Ghost Hunt
Moundsville, West Virginia
Hosted by M.A.J.D.A. Paranormal Investigators ( Website:
http://www.majda.net/ )
September 20th - 130 tickets available - Last ghost hunt for 2002!
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
Tickets can be ordered at: http://www.majda.net/events.html
For more info contact John or Lisa at: MAJD-@aol.com

***
KateFest 2002 will be held on the weekend of September 28th and 29th in
Adams, Tennessee, and plans are underway for the biggest and best
KateFest ever!
Now in its third year, KateFest provides Bell Witch and other
paranormal enthusiasts the opportunity to swap stories, attend lectures
and workshops dealing with all areas of the paranormal, see stage
productions of the Bell Witch legend, listen to live music, eat good
food, buy or sell paranormal-related books, jewelry and other items,
tour public attractions, and have lots of fun in the heart of "Bell
Witch Country"--Adams, Tennessee. From children to professional ghost
hunters, and to paranormal researchers and skeptics alike--attendees
leave KateFest with a much greater knowledge and appreciation of the
paranormal, lots of good memories, and plenty of new friends.

KateFest 2002 will offer:

* Vendors featuring antiques, books, arts and crafts, jewelry, psychic
readings, spiritual consultation, and much more.
* A panel of experts will discuss various aspects of the Bell Witch and
other popular ghost stories.
* Prominent speakers will present lectures and workshops dealing with
topics such as spirituality, demonology, the Bell Witch, poltergeists,
ghost photography, ghost hunting, UFOs, remote viewing, and many other
topics.
* Authors of Bell Witch and other paranormal-related books will be on
hand to sell and sign copies of their works.
* There will be at least three (3) mystery "dare" type events. These are
generally unprecedented, once-in-a-lifetime events that you DON'T want
to miss! "Mystery" events are limited as to the number of participants,
and are kept secret until the time of the event.
* A full stage production of the Bell Witch legend.
* On-site "guides" dressed in period clothing (1820), representing some
members of the John Bell family and other major characters in the
legend.
* "John Bell" will provide a telling of the story to those who are
either new to the legend or just want to brush up.
* Musical entertainment ranging from bluegrass to country, to rock, and
who knows what else. Particular acts/showtimes will be announced in the
future.
* Concessions -- standard stuff; e.g., hot dogs, soft drinks, etc.
* There will also be plenty of good ol' Southern cookin,' compliments of
none other than the "Kate's Southern Kitchen Witchery" exhibit.
* Several fantastic KateFest t-shirt designs to choose from.
* Much, much more!

The KateFest Web page ("http://www.katefest.com") is constantly updated
as things come together. Please visit the site today for details on
KateFest 2002!

***
OCTOBER 2002:

HAUNTED NEWPORT
October 1-31, 2002
Newport, Rhode Island
"http://www.hauntednewport.com"

Largest month-long Halloween "spooktacular" in North America
established in 1999 to promote a positive view of Halloween. Featured
over 120 events in 2001,including: Halloween Market, haunted hayrides,
vampire and ghost tours, Halloween parties, murder mysteries, ghost
ships, psychic readings, author book signings, Edgar Allan Poe Weekend,
wizard workshops, Opening Day
Scaremony and more.

***
Campout / Ghost Hunt in the ghost town of Sprucevale.
Near East Liverpool, Ohio
Hosted by M.A.J.D.A. Paranormal Investigators ( Website:
http://www.majda.net/ )
October 19th - Date subject to change due to the weather.
Free
Open to members only.
For more info contact John or Lisa at: MAJD-@aol.com

***
NOVEMBER 2002:
The Ohio State Reformatory Ghost Hunt
Mansfield, Ohio
November 9th
November 23rd - Last ghost hunt for 2002!
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
For more info visit: http://www.mrps.org/ghost/index.html

___________

MEDIA LISTINGS
___________

   The media listing mainly cover the 8pm to 10pm time slots. Most
listed times are Eastern Standard Time. Please check your local listings
for the correct viewing times in your area.

***
ART BELL ( Website: http://www.artbell.com/index.html ):

Schedule not available at time of publication!

***
TNT:

Tue - 2nd at 10pm - Charmed: Saving Private Leo

***
UPN:

Tue - 2nd at 8pm - Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Wrecked

***
NOGG (Children’s Programming ):

Sun thru Sat at 8pm - Ghostwriter

***
SCIFI:

Sunday thru Thursday at 11 and 11:30pm - Crossing Over With John Edwards
Mon - 8th at 8pm - Outer Limits: Sandkings Part 1

***
PAX:

Tue - 2nd at 8pm - Mysterious Ways: The Last Dance
Fri - 5th at 9pm - Mysterious Ways: Friends in Need

***
DISCOVERY KIDS:

Fri - 5th at 8pm - Truth or Scare: Castle Ghosts of Ireland
Fri - 5th at 8:30pm - Truth or Scare: Ghosthunters
Sat - 6th at 8pm - Truth or Scare: Bigfoot
Sat - 6th at 8:30pm - Truth or Scare: Psychic Science
Sun - 7th at 8pm - Truth or Scare: Castle Ghosts of Ireland
Sun - 7th at 8:30pm - Truth or Scare: Ghosthunters

***
INTERNET RADIO PROGRAMS:

Jeff Rense: Listen at : http://www.sightings.com/
Mon. - Fri. at 7pm to 10 pm Pacific time
Sat. at 9pm to 3am Pacific time
Sun. at 8pm to 11pm Pacific time

***
http://www.pawebcast.cc/