Welcome Guest!
 Haunted Places
 Apr 09, 2002 19:36 PDT
THE HAUNTED PLACES REPORT

Founded by: Dennis William Hauck
Edited by: Rev. Ronald E. Beach
Email: Edi-@haunted-places.com
Website: http://www.Haunted-Places.com

editor.

04/09/02

___________

CONTENTS:
___________

* Letters to the Editor
* Announcements
* Featured Article
* Ghost Hunting Tip
* In the News
* Website of the Month
* Seeking Information
* True Experiences
* Upcoming Events
* Media Listings

_____________

LETTERS TO THE EDITOR
_____________

We invite your letters to the editor. Tell us how you feel about things
in the newsletter or in the ghost hunting community. All letters must be
accompanied by an email address so other readers can respond to you.

***
From Brandy at: sfcf-@scfn.thpl.lib.fl.us

Wow, I was just thinking about the Haunted Place Report as I scanned
my e-mail. I hadn't seen anything in a while. I am glad it was just a
connection problem, and all else is well.
Great newsletter! Love to see the responses. Keep up the good work!

***
From Keeper of The Keys at: espres-@ghostvillage.com

Hello! First of all, I want to thank those who have helped get
ESPressions ( "http://clix.to/ESPressions" )off the ground. Building the
web pages were easy compared to spreading the word out and about that
this paranormal online community is here and ready for use. I know that
there are hundreds, if not thousands, of people like me who have wanted
a place that they could share their personal ideas on paranormal
phenomenon, and not just a forum-but an interactive, communicative site
built to expand knowledge and creativity.
There have been three articles added to the Viewer Articles page, and
for which I'm very thankful. However, that is just a start of what I
plan on doing with the ESPressions site. To be honest with everyone,
this is the first time I've attempted to direct something of this size
and proportion, and I didn't really know where to start.
Subscribing to the Haunted Places newsletter, it made sense to share
with my fellow readers the opportunities they now have in store. Other
than that, I've been completely bumfuzzled as to how I was going to let
people know, 'Hey, you've got possibilities!' That's why I repeatedly
ask everyone to use the Tell-A-Friend service on the site, and to
forward things like this to people they know will take an interest in
paranormal activity. I don't want to sound monotonous; I just need more
participants! I know there are people who want to
be a part of the ESPressions community; they just don't know it's there
yet.
I've done my best browsing web news articles for paranormal phenomena,
and I'm including the best ones in the newsletter. I also found other
articles that perhaps aren't fit to be called 'paranormal', but
nonetheless I wanted to share them with you. Some of them are older
than the past month, and one is even *gasp* a whole year old. So maybe
it's not news anymore, but the 'dungeons' article on the haunted
Scotland's Edinburgh Castle and the South Bridge was still
(surprisingly) something I hadn't heard about. Anyway, check it out once
you sign up for the newsletter. Who knows? Maybe it slipped by you, too.
Thanks again for being the ESPressions community! See you
online-goodbye for now.

***
From: Nathan at: nat-@dvdocumentaries.com"

I came across your show through your site haunted-places.com and I
thought you might be interested in some of the work I've been doing. I'm
an independent filmmaker and I make short documentary films for the web.

One of my projects was a short documentary on Ghost Hunters and its
viewable for free on my site "http://www.dvdocumentaries.com" . I'd love
to hear what you think of it.

Editors note: I’ve not had a chance to watch the whole film, but from
what I’ve seen of it so far, pretty good!

_____________

ANNOUNCEMENTS
_____________

Are you staring a new paranormal investigation group? Is your group
looking for new members? Does your group have an upcoming event? Has
your group done any interesting investigations? Has your group or
members of it appeared on any TV or radio programs? Do you have any
ghostly related news from your local area? If the answer to any of these
questions is “Yes”, please let us know so we can publish the information
in upcoming issues.

***
From Troy Taylor at: ttay-@prairieghosts.com

Thanks to all of our subscribers who have expressed interest and who
have already signed up for the "Ghost Research Home Study Course" that I
recently started offering through Dennis Hauck's Flamel College.
Dennis and I have both been very pleased with the unexpected response!
If you don't know about the home study course, check out the link below
and see what it's all about! Check out info about the course at:
http://www.flamelcollege.org/paranormal.htm

Also from Troy:

This month marks the anniversary of "Ghosts of the Prairie" on the
internet! Founded in April 1997, we launched our website and are still
going strong.
A lot of new site owners contact us and ask how we manage to get our
website listed so high in the search engines and all that we can say is
that it's longevity! Once you have been around for five years, people
start to notice and since we update our website on an almost daily
basis, we manage to keep those people coming back again and again!
Thanks to all of you who have been so great and who have supported the
site and our company through changes, moves to other cities and more!

***
From Patti at: mousepi-@hotmail.com

There is a local legend in Port Tobbacco about a blue Dog that wanders
there. It centers around Rose Hill Plantation on Rose Hill Road in Port
Tobbacco Maryland. This is a very popular Ghost sighting. There is a lot
of evidence to back the story. There are several other sites in this
region but this is the most popular.
There are a lot of haunted places in Parkersburg, So many in fact that
there is a haunted Parkersburg tour held every year. Including a very
creepy old Nunnery.

***
From one of our staff members Patty Wilson at: pine-@pennswoods.net

Anyone who can physically see orbs on a consistent basis and who lives
in Maryland or Pennsylvania to contact me at: PO Box 227, Roaring Spring
PA 16673 or (814) 793-2260 if you
would be willing to participate in a scientific test.

***
From tyg-@earthlink.net

The next time anyone decides to check out the Forest Park Cemetery in
Troy, NY, could I please tag along?? Too chicken to go alone, and do not
currently know anyone who would go with me.

***
John at MAJD-@aol.com is doing some serious scientific research on
EVPs. He has requested that anyone who would like to share results of
their research or share EVPs please contact him.

__________

FEATURED ARTICLE
__________

Submitted by Feature Writer Patty Wilson at:
pineycre-@yahoo.com

The Knickerbocker Tavern

From the book Boos & Brews:
A Directory of Haunted Inns, Taverns, and Restaurants

Written by: Patty Wilson & Scott Crownover

Book slated for release early Summer of 2002
If anyone is interested in being notified or in receiving an
autographed, pre-release, copy they can contact Patty via e-mail.

History:
The building that houses the Knickerbocker Tavern was built in 1904. In
1903 the South Altoona shops were constructed by the Pennsylvania
Railroad (PRR). This is what started development in the area. A land
developer optioned to build a Philadelphia-style row
house complex which was named "the Knickerbocker" after the construction
company.
The building was originally designed as a hotel intended primarily for
individuals passing through the area, as well as for workers at the
South Altoona Foundry of the PRR. Until 1945, the buildings were all
tenant-occupied. Today however, the majority of theKnickerbocker
properties are owner-occupied.
In the 1940's, what is now the tavern was home to the Trod Bros. Store,
as well as a soda fountain. This was essentially a marble countertop and
black wrought iron stools. In the early 1950's, the soda fountain was
turned into a bar, the Variety Room, owned by Isabella and John
Turchetta. Unfortunately, due to the failing
health of the Turchetta's, the Variety Room closed in December of 1990.
In February 1996, the bar was opened under new ownership, Lillan and
Terry Reed, and the name was changed to The Knickerbocker Tavern.

Haunting:
John "Eagle" Turchetta lived on the second floor with his wife
Isabella. Isabella spent most of her life at the Knickerbocker. Her
parents had owned it and during their time it was an ice cream parlor
and sweet shop.
When John fell in love with Isabella and they took over the business,
John changed it over to a tavern. He had owned a tavern in Altoona
before and was familiar with that business. People variously say that
John was a great guy or a grouch depending upon the person you speak
with. He was, anyhow, a man of strong opinions and not afraid to voice
them. However, he did have one soft spot, Isabella.
For the last few years of her life, Isabella was crippled and spent all
her time in the building. In her last years, Isabella was confined to
the second floor, moving only from the bedroom to the handicapped
equipped bathroom. John took loving care of her and it was only 11 days
after Isabella's death that John followed her. Perhaps he couldn't face
life without his wife and he died of a broken heart.
Since that time, the staff at the Knickerbocker have complained of
feeling as if someone is behind them when they go to the basement where
the soda canisters and beer kegs are located. They often feel as if
someone is invading their body space. Some people have
also insisted that they hear footsteps behind them when they are down
there alone. In fact, some of the staff that work there won't go down
alone. They believe that old Eagle is checking up on their work
and making sure that they don't waste time.
The basement door also seems to be a source of consternation for the
staff. They lock the door each time they come upstairs but it seems to
unlock itself. Some of the staff we spoke to insisted that you can
literally turn around after locking it and the door will be unlocked
again.
In the private dining room in back, some of the staff also told us that
they feel uncomfortable. One young woman said that she always feels as
if an old lady is watching her back there. That was interesting because
this was the living area where Isabella spent her last years.
There are several apartments above the tavern. A young man who rented
one of the apartments above the tavern told us an interesting story. He
was playing with a ouija board with his friend Kim. He and Kim said that
they kept getting in contact with a man who
called himself "John". "John" insisted that his photo was among the old
pictures that adorn the tavern walls. They have yet to identify anyone
in the photos that could be "John".
Currently, the apartment has been rented out to another fellow who
tells us that he believes that he's not alone up there either. He is
single and will leave knowing exactly where things are, only to return
and find items moved. It is a bit curious, but he has a great sense of
humor about the entire situation.
However, a female friend might not have liked the ghost as well. She
took off a hair band one evening and laid it on the sofa beside her.
When she reached out to pick it back up, it was gone. No one had moved,
but it was gone. The band is still missing, despite tearing the
apartment apart looking for it. Just a small thing, but then small
things often seem to happen at the Knickerbocker, small things that are
decidedly odd.
When we interviewed Terry and Lillan, we asked if it would be possible
to conduct an investigation into the haunting. They were very happy to
accommodate us and we settled on a date. We asked some others that had
experience in investigating haunted places to come along with us. When
we arrived, we were shown the back
dining room that used to be the living room of John and Isabella.
It is here that we were able to interview more of the staff and hear of
their experiences in the tavern.
One story that came to light was of another tenant in an upstairs
apartment. This particular gentleman's bathroom window looked out across
the courtyard toward the area of the building that was the old
Turchetta's residence. This apartment has been abandoned and is
virtually closed off most of the time. It isn't even used for storage.
He told us one night he glanced out the bathroom window and saw a woman
staring out of one of the windows. He thought that it was a bit late for
the owners to be in that area of the building. Later, when he asked
Lillan about it, she told him that area was locked up and inaccessible
to anyone but her and Terry as they had the key. He asked if they were
up there that night; they were not. Just another mystery of the
Knickerbocker.
That night we were given a tour of the building. We were shown the area
where John and Isabella lived. The area is no longer used or open to the
public. We were shown the bedroom where Isabella spent her last months.
There is a short hallway from the bedroom to the bathroom that still
contains remnants of the handicapped accessories that Isabella used. She
must have made countless trips down that hallway in her last months.
That night would yield some interesting results. We were able to place
people in the back dining room, the Turchetta residence and the
basement. We were using digital and 35mm cameras, audio recorders,
infrared video recorders and some other specialized equipment.
We photographed a single orb in the basement as well as one in the rear
dining room. The second floor was more active. We were able to
photograph two orbs in the hallway in the Turchetta's old residence. The
infrared video showed a small flickering orb moving down the hallway in
the same area. We were rewarded that night with stories as well as some
tangible evidence.

Making Contact:
The Knickerbocker Tavern is located at 3957 6th Avenue, Altoona, PA
16602. You can call them at (814) 942-0770. You can also check out their
website at "http://www.knickerbockertavern.com".
We highly recommend an evening at The Knickerbocker Tavern. The food is
excellent and the prices are very reasonable. The Knickerbocker Tavern
is also noted for its large selection of craft brewed and international
beers. In the summer of 2002, you will be able to enjoy your meal or
drinks in the courtyard. The courtyard will give you a
turn-of-the-century European feel. While you are in the courtyard, you
may want to occasionally check the windows to see if anyone is there.

__________

GHOST HUNTING TIP
__________

Do you have a ghost hunting tip you’d like to share with our readers?
Send to us at: Edi-@haunted-places.com

***
From ASHLEYSO-@aol.com

Never go to a haunted place expecting to see a ghost. Things usually
happens when your not expecting them to.

***
How to use the Multidetektor II EMF meter
Written by:   Dave Juliano
The Shadowlands at: http://theshadowlands.net/ghost/
Dave’s e mail is: shado-@theshadowlands.net"

I use this meter on every investigation. It's simple to use once you
know the settings. You can get accurate numerical readings plus this
meter has filters in it that will ignore many natural fields that will
often give other models of EMF meters false readings. The manufacturer
of the meter is based in Denmark so all the instructions you will get
are in German so instead of translating it and then doing all the
conversions from nano-tesla to milligauss (milligauss is the unit of
measure we use in ghost research) just set the meter as follows:
Set the 'field' setting to H
Set the sensitivity to x10

Once you have the meter set up this way each light will equal 1
milligauss. This meter makes it very easy give exact readings since we
are looking for readings of 2 to 7 milligauss. The 2nd green light to
the last yellow light are the ones you are looking to light up.
Now all you have to do is hold down the poser button because this meter
is only on when the button is depressed. You can scan areas by moving
the meter is slow sweeping motions back and forth and up and down in
front of you as you walk around. If you get a low reading, move closer
to the direction to see if your reading gets stronger. If it gets
stronger and/or stays steady you are probably dealing with a natural
source and simply moving the meter around should locate the source like
an outlet, rechargeable batteries, electronics, refrigerators, etc. If
you get a brief reading in the range of 2 - 7 mG make sure you take
photos, video, temperature, etc. Gook luck and good hunting.

___________

IN THE NEWS
___________

Submitted by Feature Writer Brandy B. Stark at:
sfcf-@scfn.thpl.lib.fl.us

Ghost Haunts Apartment Block
Fri March 22, 202
All copyrights acknowledge

BELGRADE (Reuters) - Ghosts including that of the late communist leader
Marshal Josip Broz Tito are stalking a Yugoslav apartment block built on
an oldmilitary graveyard, residents complained on Thursday.
Construction workers dug up the bodies of World War One Serb soldiers
in 1990 to lay foundations for the army accommodation building in the
southern city of Nis. Now tenants say they are being haunted by
mysterious footsteps on the roof and weird noises in the night.
"Something strange is going on here, I tell you," resident Radmila
Babic told the National tabloid newspaper. "Tito's image appears on the
wall of our bedroom whenever rain falls on the cemetery," another tenant
said referring to a nearby cemetery. Tito's grave is
in Belgrade.
But an army officer who lives there was not spooked. "Oh come on -- you
can't really believe all those ghost stories," he said. "To tell you the
truth, it seems to me that our wives have been spreading these
silly tales."

___________

INVESTIGATIVE RESULTS
___________

Has your group recently completely an interesting or unusual
investigation. We’d love to hear about it! Tell us a little history
about the site, why it is considered haunted, and the results of your
investigation. Email your report to: Edi-@haunted-places.com . Be sure
to put Investigative Results in the subject line.

***
Submitted by Fearture Writer John Weaver at:
jwea-@flightsystems.com

Ghost Hunt at the U.S. Hotel
Sat, January 12, 2002

Kelly and I joined members of the Allegheny Mountain Ghosthunters for
an investigation at the historic and haunted U.S. Hotel in
Hollidaysburg, PA. Socially, it was a wonderful visit, capped by a
dinner in the Hotel's superb restaurant with a fine group of people.
From a ghosthunter's perspective, it was also a great experience to work
with this very dedicated group in an extremely active location.
Other than viewing some prior clips of anomalies filmed at the US
Hotel, Kelly nor I had any details of where the actual activity took
place here. This is especially important for Kelly, as she wants no
preconceived notions of "where" or "when" things happen. Our
investigation was well-coordinated, and began with Kelly staying
separate from another intuitive, AMG's Al Brindza, whom she has been
working with on better understanding his "gift", and most importantly,
protecting himself from the very real hazards such individuals face in
this sort of research. Kelly was led throughout the 2 upstairs floors,
which are currently unoccupied, but indeed where most of the paranormal
activity in the building takes place. She was filmed in as this was
being done, and still photos were randomly taken. This step comprised
her normal "walk-through" - where she moves throughout a structure
suspected of being haunted and gives her psychic impression of what is
"there" - be it the more common residual energies or an actual
"intelligent" spirit entity. At the US Hotel, both of these were clearly
present.
I will only touch briefly on Kelly's intuitive observations; these, and
how they compared with both what Al Brindza has encountered in many
prior visits and what the AMG has learned about the place are documented
in articles written by Al and Jon McClintock. I can only say that again,
Kelly certainly correlated alot of things already known, and furthered
the understanding of those who have remained here after their physical
life ended. As for my personal mission, which is to record documentation
of what my wife finds in a haunted location, this was met not only by
capturing substantial activity on the IR camcorder, but in witnessing
some of the strangest equipment malfunctions I have ever seen in 6 years
as an active ghosthunter.
After her walk-through, while Kelly and Al were comparing experiences
in the 2nd floor parlor set up as a "Control Room", Jon took me to a
stairway leading to the 3rd floor where he explained they invariably
filmed orb activity. At the same time, he mentioned that an adjacent
bedroom across the hallway was also very active. I decided to locate my
motion detector in this room, turning it toward the bed where Al has
seen an apparition. This is where the first strange malfunction took
place: I placed it on a dresser and turned the device on, and when
walking away passed through the area covered by the sensor. Naturally,
this set it off, but quite un-naturally, it continued to sound its alarm
even after I was out of the sensor's scope of coverage!
For some reason, we chose to ignore this, and turned our attention to
the stairs. I began filming in IR while Jon stood on the stairs about 4
feet from me, and almost immediately captured several bright orbs
passing by him, following a trajectory suggesting they had come down the
stairs. Amazingly, one of these could be seen leaving the right side of
the frame and heading for the adjacent room, but it suddenly did a 180
and started back up the steps, as if the annoying beeping of the motion
detector had driven it off! Truly spectacular video evidence, which,
regrettably, was ultimately negated by strange malfunction number 2: My
viewfinder suddenly went blank - as if I had turned the camera off! No
warning, nothing - it simply shut down!
Drained batteries are nothing new to me or many ghosthunters; indeed
only weeks before I had experienced once again the all-too familiar
drain of an almost fully charged battery at Gettysburg's mysterious
Triangular Field, an area known for disrupting all sorts of cameras. I
was ready to install another battery when I once again turned the camera
off/on, and voila - full power! My joy was short-lived however, when
rewinding to view the great action I had filmed revealed that, even
though the "REC" icon was clearly displayed in the viewfinder, over 3
minutes of footage had simply not recorded!
Fortunately, my camera worked flawlessly in the same location a bit
later when Kelly took a seat on the stairs, and similar activity was
filmed around her. During this, thermal readings showed a 12 deg drop as
I "walked" the beam down a sequence of 4-5 stairs above her. Others
present at the time also confirmed feeling the drop in temperature; the
fact this was a short-lived event and not constant rules out a rational
explanation such as a draft. Strangely, activity subsided once Al joined
Kelly on the stairs, and all felt it was time to move on. This is where
yet another strange event took place: Ben Mazuar went into the room
where the motion detector was still blaring its annoying warning, and
when reaching for it to retrieve it, the device turned off by itself! (I
checked it later that evening in another part and it functioned in its
normal manner)
Although I have a long standing interest in the paranormal, I am
basically still a skeptic. That is why I focus on gathering whatever
"evidence" possible to support what my wife is saying about the place.
She has worked with me on my sensitivities, but I cannot imagine ever
approaching her ability to know when a spirit is present. However, when
bizarre malfunctions such as I experienced this night occur, it only
further proves to me that something is indeed there! For more on the US
Hotel, visit the AMG website at: "http://www.amghosthunters.com"

Note: Special thanks to member Dick McGee, who is originally from
Hollidaysburg and is assisting the AMG folks in providing some important
historical information on the U.S. Hotel that no one yet has discovered.
I think most of our members agree that history goes hand in hand with
hauntings and we always advise learning all you can about a site.

_____________

WEBSITE OF THE MONTH
_____________

After many months we are finally bringing back our Haunted Places
Website of the Month Award! Do you have a favorite ghostly website that
you think should win our award? If so please email the URL and your
reason that you think the site should win an award to:
Edi-@haunted-places.com

***
We are currently seeking nominations for the April Website of the month.
Send your suggestions!!!!

_____________

SEEKING INFORMATION
___________

email the senders.

***
From William at: aesga-@hotmail.com

I am looking for details about a haunted ghost town called Lincoln and
a nearby campsite named French Gulch in Colorado. Do either of these
sites exist and if so, where are they ?
The haunting phenomenon was described in the book "I Never Believed In
Ghosts Until...." by the Editors of USA Today
and supposedly concerns the ghosts of striking miners.

***
From Ed at: eclem-@yahoo.com

Have enjoyed your newsletter for several months now, You might even
remember a submission of mine about The Queen Mary and a home I had in
El Monte California.
Now I would like to join the "seeking Information" section. Has anybody
information on the Palm Springs/Coachella Valley area? With the
entertainment community and previous to that the spiritual Indian
community one would believe that this would be a hotbed of paranormal
activity, however the tourist bureau seems to completely cover any sign
of this in favor of golf. Maybe we have a haunted golf course.

***
From Roberta at: CTHOME-@aol.com

Does anyone have any info. on what is said to be haunting the Hawthorne
Hotel? I've been there numerous times & spoken with staff members whom I
think are accomodating those asking and wanting to believe ghosts are
there.
I've heard rumors of the elevators, basement, entire 6th floor, and a
couple of particular rooms. Of my last 3 visits, I've encountered
nothing. However, during my most recent visit this past weekend, my
infra-red motion sensor went off in a supposed haunted room at 3:39 a.m.
I haven't gotten the photos back yet, nor have I listened to all the
cassette tapes I've recorded. I'd like to hear from someone with
evidence of the place being haunted. Also, anywhere else in Salem, MA
for that matter.

***
From: Will at: whi-@kdw.com"

I was thinking of taking a little trip next year and was wondering
where the best places to go would be. It seems kind of odd but I want to
walk around the U.S. The places I have in mind range from
Hollywood and the beaches of California to places like where they shot
the Blair Witch Project (places with a strange, supernatural history).
I don't want to go to places where a lot of tourists go. I want the
place to still have somewhat its mystery left. The most remote the place
the better.
I don't know why I'm compelled to ask this of you or why I must go on
my journey. I just feel this "need" to go. Any information you could
give would help.

***
From Kitty at: Native-@aol.com

Last week I rented the video, ' The St. Francisville Experiment ', and
very pleased to relate some good news. A lot of the movies you go to
see, are almost disappointing, anymore. Only, because they are so
unbelievable, every once in awhile a movie (video) comes along and comes
across pretty realistic.
This movie was a low budget film, but so was Blair Witch - it blew away
all the charts for an amateur type based "home video" "documentary".
'St. Francisville Experiment' is basically filmed in the same type of
recognition as 'The Blair Witch'. This movie is, supposed to be a real
documentary, filmed in Louisiana, in one of the most supposedly haunted
houses that exist in America, it's advertised as a true story.
It is about 5 young people spending the night in this house to document
the phenomenon that goes on. Its started off kind of dumb, but towards
the last 20-30 minutes I actually had to stop the video twice to get a
grip & to catch my breathe.
Could you please let me know if this was based on a true story, or
actually a real documented film, I do recall seeing a video clip of the
chair that flew across the attic somewhere on the internet about 2
months ago, I cant remember on what site though.
Thank you for letting me share this, I enjoy your newsletter immensely,
and just cant wait to find it in the ol Email. I would like to get any
input on this or anything similar to the St. Francisville Experiment
Video!

***
From Tami at: Tami-@webtv.net

I am looking for any information on paranormal research groups in North
Carolina (preferably in the Charlotte area) that are accepting new
members.

___________

TRUE EXPERIENCES
___________

From: PslCuti-@cs.com

In Nov. 1995 on thanksgiving my family and I went to my aunts house in
Daytona Beach, Fla. We would always go there every 5 years for a family
reunion.
Anyway, she lived in a very old house probley built in the early
1800's. It is 2-stories and has a very dark, cold, kind of weird feeling
when you go into it.
My sister and I stayed in one of the bedrooms upstairs, and stayed up
later then any one else in the house that night. We started to lay down
and we heard sounds coming from downstairs. It sounded like cats meowing
and people talking but you really couldn’t make out
what they were saying. We got up and lit two candles and went down
stairs.
We looked all over and didn’t see anything but we could still hear the
sounds. All of a sudden someone tapped me on my shoulder, at first I
thought it was my sister trying to scare me but when I turned around we
both saw a white figure standing right in front of us. It said something
but I couldn't understand it so I said “What?”. And then the figure just
disappeared.
My sister and I ran up stairs and woke every one up and told them the
story but nobody believed us. And still to this day people think
we made up the whole thing.

***
From Tahni at: brat_c-@hotmail.com

I recently moved to the beautiful mountains of Blue Ridge and my
husband and I have devoted one day a week to exploring. Once when my
sister and her husband were visiting, we took a drive into the Cohuttas
and came across a small cemetery.
It seemed such an odd place for a cemetery so we stopped to look at the
dates on the headstones only to realize the majority of the sites were
of children. My sister and I started picking up the small flower
arrangements that were scattered around and placing them on grave sites.
I took a few pictures of the cemetery and we started loading up the car
to head on our journey. When we got in the car, I got in the back along
with my sister, my husband and brother-in-law in the front. My husband
was talking to me and when I went to look at him in the rearview mirror,
it was not my black haired dark eyed husband, but a blonde haired green
eyed little boy that looked no older than ten or twelve. Though it was
the voice of my husband, it was the smiling face of a beautiful little
boy.
I was totally mesmerized by the experience I was having and that no one
else saw it. My husband finally asked me what was wrong and my attention
was broken, only to realize that they were all looking at me like I was
crazy! I didn't tell them until later that evening what had happened. We
figure that someone was trying to say thanks for having respect for
their resting place. Now every time I visit a cemetery, I hope to get
the chance to experience the feeling I got that day in the Cohuttas

___________

UPCOMING EVENTS
___________

For complete details of all events listed in this section please visit:
http://www.haunted-places.com/tours.htm

***
APRIL 2002:

***
West Virginia State Penitentiary Ghost Hunt
Moundsville, West Virginia
Hosted by M.A.J.D.A. Paranormal Investigators ( Website:
http://www.majda.net/ )
April 12th - 100 tickets available - This is the first time ever that
this event is open to the public!
April 26th - 100 tickets available.
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
Tickets can be ordered at: http://www.majda.net/events.html
For more info contact John or Lisa at: MAJD-@aol.com

***
The Ohio State Reformatory Ghost Hunt
Mansfield, Ohio
April 12th
April 26th
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
For more info visit: http://www.mrps.org/ghost/index.html

***
April UFO, Bigfoot and Ghost Conference
The first annual Pennsylvania Paranormal Conference will be held April
13, 2002. It is the first of its kind in Pennsylvania and will feature
lectures on UFO's and Bigfoot sightings in Pennsylvania as well as
ghosts. This one day event is $85.00 per person plus tax and includes
admission to the conference, lunch and a walking ghost tour.
Investigation of a haunted site for the first 25 people who register.
Seating is limited to 70 people and reservations are required by calling
the Railroad House at (717) 426-4141. Registration begins at 8:15 AM
Saturday, April 13 and conference begins at 9:00 AM. This event will be
held at the Historic Railroad House Restaurant Bed & Breakfast in
Marietta, Pennsylvania.
Located on the corners of Front & Perry Streets. Guest speakers include
Stan Gordon, Eric Altman, Rick Fisher and Karl Silvius. Other speakers
to be announced. For more information contact Rick Fisher or go the PGHS
website at "http://home.supernet.com/~rfisher/para.html"

***
Southwestern Paranormal Ghost Conference
April 13th and 14th in beautiful sunny Yuma, Arizona
The Yuma Spirit Hunters in cooperation with the MVD Ghostchasers of
Mesa, AZ. Proudly present the 1st Annual Southwestern Paranormal Ghost
Conference.
You may register online at any of these web sites:
www.yumaspirithunters.com
www.spirithunter.faithweb.com
www.mvdghostchasers.iwarp.com

***
Independent Ghost Hunters Conference
Camp Hill, Pennsylvania
April 20
Hosted by Psychic/Medium and Ghosthunter Kelly L. Weaver, Founder of
Capital Ghost Forum
Contact is Kelly Weaver at: Weav-@aol.com

***
South Jersey Ghost Research will be conducting the following lecture.
For more information visit their website at: http://www.sjgr.org/

April 25th at 7pm - 9pm Free lecture with photos displays,
equipment displays, EVPs and videos.
Atlantic County Library: Galloway Twp Branch, Galloway, NJ
306 East Jimmie Leeds Road
609-652-2352

***
MAY 2002:
South Jersey Ghost Research will be conducting the following lecture.
For more information visit their website at: http://www.sjgr.org/

May 2nd at 7pm - Free lecture with photos displays,
equipment displays, EVPs and videos.
Bellmawr Public Library, Bellmawr, NJ
21 E. Browning Road, Bellmawr, NJ 08031
856-933-1319

***
History & Hauntings Tours
Hosted by: Troy Taylor
See the descriptions below or get more information about the tours at
"http://www.prairieghosts.com/tours.html"

Saturday, May 4 - 7:30 PM
New! Spirits of the Civil War Tour
Deluxe Dinner Tour: $45 per person
(Tickets on Sale - Starting March 25)

***
Gettysburg Ghost Conference–Voices from the Past: The Art of EVP
May 4th & 5th, 2002
Hosted by the International Ghost Hunters Society (Website:
www.ghostweb.com )

***
SEMINAR "PARANORMAL PLACES OF SOUTHERN WISCONSIN/NORTHERN ILLINOIS"
Saturday, May 11th 2002 - 1:00 PM
Best Western Conference Center
Janesville, WI 53546
For tickets, visit our website at:
http://www.paranormalresearchgroup.com/Seminar2002.html

LIMITED SEATING AVAILABLE
Admission: $16.00 per person
The Southern Wisconsin Paranormal Research Group is presenting a
seminar focusing on haunted locations in Southern Wisconsin and Northern
Illinois.
Investigators from different locations in Wisconsin and Illinois will
be
presenting video and photo evidence while discussing some of their most
interesting cases. Other areas of interest such as, Investigators
equipment and usage, common types of hauntings and psychic aspects of
paranormal investigations will also be covered.

***
Campout / Ghost Hunt in the ghost town of Sprucevale.
Near East Liverpool, Ohio
Hosted by M.A.J.D.A. Paranormal Investigators ( Website:
http://www.majda.net/ )
May 11th - Date subject to change due to the weather.
Free
Open to members only.
For more info contact John or Lisa at: MAJD-@aol.com

***
The Ohio State Reformatory Ghost Hunt
Mansfield, Ohio
May 17th
May 31st
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
For more info visit: http://www.mrps.org/ghost/index.html

***
West Virginia State Penitentiary Ghost Hunt
Moundsville, West Virginia
Hosted by M.A.J.D.A. Paranormal Investigators ( Website:
http://www.majda.net/ )
May 24th - 130 tickets available.
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
Tickets can be ordered at: http://www.majda.net/events.html
For more info contact John or Lisa at: MAJD-@aol.com

***

History & Hauntings Tours
Hosted by: Troy Taylor
See the descriptions below or get more information about the tours at
"http://www.prairieghosts.com/tours.html"

Saturday, May 25 - 7:30 PM
New! Spirits of the Civil War Tour
Standard Ghost Tour: $30 per person
(Tickets on Sale - Starting March 25)

***
Ghost Safari's 2002 Conference,
"Evidence and Enigmas" will convene May 25th all day and into the
evening at the Holiday Inn in Broken Arrow, OK. Ghost hunters,
researchers and paranormal enthusiasts are invited to attend this
informal but jam-packed conference. Featured will be some of the best
ghost investigators in the country presenting the current state of their
research along with photographic, video and audio evidence. The cost is
$30 and includes continental breakfast, afternoon snacks and exciting
door prizes including a Trifield Natural EM Meter, Vivitar 3-D camera,
Gauss Master meters and several other prizes. Attendees will be
encouraged to present their own evidence at several open "Show and Tell"
sessions so bring those photos, videotapes and EVP samples! We'll have
all the state-of-the-art presentation equipment and a bang-up sound
system! The conference will also include vendor and information tables
all in a huge conference room. Email rich-@ghostsafari.com and visit
www.ghostsafari.com for more information and to register on line.

***
JUNE 2002:

History & Hauntings Tours
Hosted by: Troy Taylor
See the description below or get more information about the tours at
"http://www.prairieghosts.com/tours.html"

Saturday, June 1 - 7:30 PM
Special! Haunted Greenwood Cemetery Walking Tour
Decatur, Illinois - Hosted by Troy Taylor
A walking tour of the most haunted cemetery in downstate Illinois, based
on the book "Where the Dead Walk" by Troy Taylor!
Special Thanks to the "Haunted Decatur Tours": $12 per person
(Tickets on Sale - Starting March 25)

***
West Virginia State Penitentiary Ghost Hunt
Moundsville, West Virginia
Hosted by M.A.J.D.A. Paranormal Investigators ( Website:
http://www.majda.net/ )
June 14th - 130 tickets available.
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
Tickets can be ordered at: http://www.majda.net/events.html
For more info contact John or Lisa at: MAJD-@aol.com

***
The Ohio State Reformatory Ghost Hunt
Mansfield, Ohio
June 14th
June 28th
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
For more info visit: http://www.mrps.org/ghost/index.html

***
American Ghost Society 2002 Haunted America National Conference
June 20 - 23, 2002
Hosted by Troy & Amy Taylor (American Ghost Society Founders)
at the History & Hauntings Book Co. Building
515 East Third Street - Haunted Alton, Illinois
Detailed information is available at: "http://www.prairieghosts.com".

***
On June 23-26, 2002, The Academy of Religion and Psychical Research
will sponsor its 27th annual conference on "MEDIUMSHIP: A DOORWAY TO
OTHER DIMENSIONS OF EXISTENCE" at Rosemont College, Rosemont,
Pennsylvania (11 miles west of Philadelphia).
For details of the program and to register, go to the ARPR Web site -
"http://www.lightlink.com/arpr/" - e-mail bat-@infi.net, phone
860-242-4593, or write to ARPR, P.O. Box 614, Bloomfield, CT 06002-0614.

For your information, the ARPR Web site has over 225 links separated
into 24 different categories such as Ghosts/Haunted Places, Near-Death
Experiences, Out-of-Body Experiences, Parapsychology, etc.

***
A special SPIRITS art show featuring photos shot during SPIRITS ghost
hunts, and art by SPIRITS members.
June 28 - Aug. 13
Snooty Judy's Gallery - Dunedin, Florida

Images will include "false positives", spectral shots, and "no result"
pictures that also capture and embody artistic qualities of
photography.
For more info contact Brandy at: sfcf-@scfn.thpl.lib.fl.us
The SPIRITS website is: http://centralflghosts.homestead.com/home.html

***
Campout / Ghost Hunt in the ghost town of Sprucevale.
Near East Liverpool, Ohio
Hosted by M.A.J.D.A. Paranormal Investigators ( Website:
http://www.majda.net/ )
June 29th - Date subject to change due to the weather.
Free
Open to members only.
For more info contact John or Lisa at: MAJD-@aol.com

***
JULY 2002:

West Virginia State Penitentiary Ghost Hunt
Moundsville, West Virginia
Hosted by M.A.J.D.A. Paranormal Investigators ( Website:
http://www.majda.net/ )
July 12th - 130 tickets available.
July 26th - 130 tickets available.
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
Tickets can be ordered at: http://www.majda.net/events.html
For more info contact John or Lisa at: MAJD-@aol.com

***
The Ohio State Reformatory Ghost Hunt
Mansfield, Ohio
July 12th
July 26th
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
For more info visit: http://www.mrps.org/ghost/index.html

***
History & Hauntings Tours
Hosted by: Troy Taylor
See the description below or get more information about the tours at
"http://www.prairieghosts.com/tours.html"

Saturday, July 13 - 6:30 PM
New! Special Ghost Hunter's Tour- "Behind the Scenes" of Haunted Alton!
Alton, Illinois - Hosted by Troy Taylor
A special four-hour ghost hunter's tour, beginning with a presentation
on ghosts, hauntings and ghost hunting by Troy Taylor and then an
in-depth tour of Alton's most haunted places! :$50 per person
(Tickets on Sale - Starting March 25)

***
AUGUST 2002:

The Ohio State Reformatory Ghost Hunt
Mansfield, Ohio
August 2nd
August 16th
August 30th
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
For more info visit: http://www.mrps.org/ghost/index.html

***
West Virginia State Penitentiary Ghost Hunt
Moundsville, West Virginia
Hosted by M.A.J.D.A. Paranormal Investigators ( Website:
http://www.majda.net/ )
August 9th - 130 tickets available.
August 23rd - 130 tickets available.
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
Tickets can be ordered at: http://www.majda.net/events.html
For more info contact John or Lisa at: MAJD-@aol.com

***
SEPTEMBER 2002:

The Ohio State Reformatory Ghost Hunt
Mansfield, Ohio
September 6th
September 14th
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
For more info visit: http://www.mrps.org/ghost/index.html

***
West Virginia State Penitentiary Ghost Hunt
Moundsville, West Virginia
Hosted by M.A.J.D.A. Paranormal Investigators ( Website:
http://www.majda.net/ )
September 20th - 130 tickets available - Last ghost hunt for 2002!
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
Tickets can be ordered at: http://www.majda.net/events.html
For more info contact John or Lisa at: MAJD-@aol.com

***
KateFest 2002 will be held on the weekend of September 28th and 29th in
Adams, Tennessee, and plans are underway for the biggest and best
KateFest ever!
Now in its third year, KateFest provides Bell Witch and other
paranormal enthusiasts the opportunity to swap stories, attend lectures
and workshops dealing with all areas of the paranormal, see stage
productions of the Bell Witch legend, listen to live music, eat good
food, buy or sell paranormal-related books, jewelry and other items,
tour public attractions, and have lots of fun in the heart of "Bell
Witch Country"--Adams, Tennessee. From children to professional ghost
hunters, and to paranormal researchers and skeptics alike--attendees
leave KateFest with a much greater knowledge and appreciation of the
paranormal, lots of good memories, and plenty of new friends.

KateFest 2002 will offer:

* Vendors featuring antiques, books, arts and crafts, jewelry, psychic
readings, spiritual consultation, and much more.
* A panel of experts will discuss various aspects of the Bell Witch and
other popular ghost stories.
* Prominent speakers will present lectures and workshops dealing with
topics such as spirituality, demonology, the Bell Witch, poltergeists,
ghost photography, ghost hunting, UFOs, remote viewing, and many other
topics.
* Authors of Bell Witch and other paranormal-related books will be on
hand to sell and sign copies of their works.
* There will be at least three (3) mystery "dare" type events. These are
generally unprecedented, once-in-a-lifetime events that you DON'T want
to miss! "Mystery" events are limited as to the number of participants,
and are kept secret until the time of the event.
* A full stage production of the Bell Witch legend.
* On-site "guides" dressed in period clothing (1820), representing some
members of the John Bell family and other major characters in the
legend.
* "John Bell" will provide a telling of the story to those who are
either new to the legend or just want to brush up.
* Musical entertainment ranging from bluegrass to country, to rock, and
who knows what else. Particular acts/showtimes will be announced in the
future.
* Concessions -- standard stuff; e.g., hot dogs, soft drinks, etc.
* There will also be plenty of good ol' Southern cookin,' compliments of
none other than the "Kate's Southern Kitchen Witchery" exhibit.
* Several fantastic KateFest t-shirt designs to choose from.
* Much, much more!

The KateFest Web page ("http://www.katefest.com") is constantly updated
as things come together. Please visit the site today for details on
KateFest 2002!

***
OCTOBER 2002:

HAUNTED NEWPORT
October 1-31, 2002
Newport, Rhode Island
"http://www.hauntednewport.com"

Largest month-long Halloween "spooktacular" in North America
established in 1999 to promote a positive view of Halloween. Featured
over 120 events in 2001,including: Halloween Market, haunted hayrides,
vampire and ghost tours, Halloween parties, murder mysteries, ghost
ships, psychic readings, author book signings, Edgar Allan Poe Weekend,
wizard workshops, Opening Day
Scaremony and more.

***
Campout / Ghost Hunt in the ghost town of Sprucevale.
Near East Liverpool, Ohio
Hosted by M.A.J.D.A. Paranormal Investigators ( Website:
http://www.majda.net/ )
October 19th - Date subject to change due to the weather.
Free
Open to members only.
For more info contact John or Lisa at: MAJD-@aol.com

***
NOVEMBER 2002:
The Ohio State Reformatory Ghost Hunt
Mansfield, Ohio
November 9th
November 23rd - Last ghost hunt for 2002!
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
For more info visit: http://www.mrps.org/ghost/index.html

___________

MEDIA LISTINGS
___________

   The media listing mainly cover the 8pm to 10pm time slots. Most
listed times are Eastern Standard Time. Please check your local listings
for the correct viewing times in your area.

***
ART BELL ( Website: http://www.artbell.com/index.html ):

04/07/02 - Sun/Mon
Host: George Noory ("http://www.georgenoory.com")
Guest: Heidi Hollis
Heidi Hollis is the president and founder of the group UFO2U. Heidi
possesses a Bachelor of Science degree that earned her certification as
an Occupational Therapist. She has written articles for various venues
and is now an advocate for speaking on the level about the conflict in
alien contact between benevolent and intruding beings. She is also the
author of her publishers Best-selling book written on the Shadow People,
which she wrote several years prior to their mentioning elsewhere-where
she speaks about the war between these beings and others.

04/08/02 - Mon/Tue
Guest: Russell Targ
Targ is a physicist and author who was a pioneer in the development of
laser, and cofounder of the Stanford Research Institute's investigation
into psychic abilities in the 1970s and 1980s.
Website: "http://www.espresearch.com/"

04/09/02 - Tue/Wed
Guest: Michael Brown
Michael studied Tesla and his inventions. He is currently working on a
tabletop model of a Tesla System for pulling lightning out of the sky,
using it to charge a capacitor, and then extracting the energy for
electric power.
Website: "http://www.mikebrownsolutions.com/"

04/10/02 - Wed/Thu
Guest: Stephen S. Mehler
Egyptologist Stephen S. Mehler has spent over 30 years researching the
answers to these questions: . Was there a advanced prehistoric
civilization in ancient Egypt? . Who were the people who built the great
pyramids? . Who carved the Great Sphinx? . Did the pyramids serve as
energy devices and not as tombs for kings? Mehler believes the answers
are "Yes!" An indigenous oral tradition still exists in Egypt, he has
been able to uncover and study it with the help of a living master of
this tradition, Abd'El Hakim Awyan.

04/11/02 - Thu/Fri
Guest: Sean David Morton
Morton has developed a network of psychics called "The Delphi
Associates", who specialize in month to month predictions of geological,
political and economic events.
Website: "http://www.delphiassociates.org"

04/12/02 - Fri/Sat
OPEN LINES

***
TNT:

Tue - 9th at 10pm - Charmed:

***
UPN:

Tue - 9th at 8pm - Buffy the Vampire Slayer:

***
NOGG (Children’s Programming ):

Sun thru Sat at 8pm - Ghostwriter

***
SCIFI:

Sunday thru Thursday at 11 and 11:30pm - Crossing Over With John Edwards

***
PAX:

Tue - 9th at 8pm - Mysterious Ways:
Fri - 12th at 9pm - Mysterious Ways:

***
DISCOVERY KIDS:

Fri - 12th at 8pm - Truth or Scare
Fri - 12th at 8:30pm - Truth or Scare
Sat - 13th at 8pm - Truth or Scare
Sat - 13th at 8:30pm - Truth or Scare
Sun - 14th at 8pm - Truth or Scare
Sun - 14th at 8:30pm - Truth or Scare

***
INTERNET RADIO PROGRAMS:

Jeff Rense: Listen at : http://www.sightings.com/
Mon. - Fri. at 7pm to 10 pm Pacific time
Sat. at 9pm to 3am Pacific time
Sun. at 8pm to 11pm Pacific time

***
http://www.pawebcast.cc/