Welcome Guest!
 Haunted Places
 Apr 14, 2002 16:45 PDT

* Seeking Information
* True Experiences
* Upcoming Events
* Media Listings

_____________

FROM THE EDITOR
_____________

From time to time we receive a request from subscribers asking us to
delete their old email address from our list and add their new one. Our
newsletter is sent out thru Topica and due to the way Topica is set up
we are unable to change your email address. This is something your must
yourself thru your Topica account.

_____________

LETTERS TO THE EDITOR
_____________

We invite your letters to the editor. Tell us how you feel about things
in the newsletter or in the ghost hunting community. All letters must be
accompanied by an email address so other readers can respond to you.

_____________

ANNOUNCEMENTS
_____________

Are you staring a new paranormal investigation group? Is your group
looking for new members? Does your group have an upcoming event? Has
your group done any interesting investigations? Has your group or
members of it appeared on any TV or radio programs? Do you have any
ghostly related news from your local area? If the answer to any of these
questions is “Yes”, please let us know so we can publish the information
in upcoming issues.

***
From Troy Taylor at: ttay-@prairieghosts.com

Thanks to all of our subscribers who have expressed interest and who
have already signed up for the "Ghost Research Home Study Course" that I
recently started offering through Dennis Hauck's Flamel College.
Dennis and I have both been very pleased with the unexpected response!
If you don't know about the home study course, check out the link below
and see what it's all about! Check out info about the course at:
http://www.flamelcollege.org/paranormal.htm

***
From Ghostvillage.com

Recently "http://www.ghostvillage.com/" has donned a new look and some
new features. The look is intended to be more modern and easy to
navigate. At the top of every page you will see a link that says "Launch
the Ghostvillage Marquee" clicking that link will launch a small window
that displays who is online and how many messages you have. The data
will automatically update itself about every minute. This small window
is intended to add to your community experience -- you can keep the
window open and see who is coming online while you browse other pages.
Basically, everything is a lot more integrated now.
We now have a new chatroom room that is integrated with the Town
Square. When browsing the Town Square you can see who is in the chat
room. Ghost Chat has been a lot more active since implementing this new
room so float on by soon! Ghost Chat is available anytime, but regular
chats are scheduled for Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays at 9 PM EST.

***
From: Kelly at: Weav-@aol.com

The countdown has begun to our first annual Independent Ghost Hunters
conference. I hope all of you are as excited as I am. The event is just
about full, ( 150) and I'm still getting people signing up daily.
A lot of work has gone into the planning to make this a great
experience for everybody. From the Welcome dinner, catering to all
levels of interest, taking time to see others work, having the media
interested, and more---and now for the "Awards" step.
After all, this is to see what others are capturing in the unseen
world, and learning from each other, sharing theories....
Most of you will have a table to be able to sell your books and related
products. If you would like to donate any of your books, t-shirts, gift
certificate, etc. Please let Valerie know via e-mail at
"Falli-@aol.com" or myself at: weaviate @aol.com
Under the direction of Valerie and Rob Moore, we have managed to come
up with some great things which include:

* A witches ball (large beautiful blown glass) These are from the 18th
century legend/belief that the spirit or any negative energy could be
sucked up into the balls for protection. (these are beautiful, and look
great hanging in your window) courtesy of the Inner Connection Book
Shoppe she will have 2 tables of merchandise. there.
* Dinner for 2 at the Ground Round (this is right by the restaurant)
* The entire 5 book series of the Ghosts of Gettysburg
* 2 free ghost walk tour tickets
* CD of Gettysburg Hunts all from Mark Nesbit
* Basket from Kelly's Magical Garden
A basket with candles, worry stone candle and holder (raffle item)

WAY TO GO GUYS! Good work! My goal is to send people home with the
feeling that they got something out of the whole weekend and made a few
friends. They will have "reminders" of friendliness and good energies.
Proceeds go toward the Rutherford House for letting us use it for an
investigation. and the cost to put this part together. We will gladly
take any and all donations. Thanks again! I look forward to meeting and
working with all of you.

***
From: Brandy B. Stark at: "sfcf-@scfn.thpl.lib.fl.us"

I came across this - it gave me a giggle!
An intrepid photographer went to a haunted castle determined to get a
picture of a ghost which was said to appear only once in a hundred
years. Not wanting to frighten off the ghost, the photographer sat in
the dark until midnight when the apparition became visible.
The ghost turned out to be friendly and consented to pose for one
snapshot. The happy photographer popped a bulb into his camera and took
he picture.
After dashing into his studio, the photographer developed the negative
and groaned. It was underexposed and completely blank. And why was this?

The spirit was willing, but the flash was weak.

***
From: Kristen at: GhEtTob-@aol.com

About 2 years ago I heard a story of a haunted school in Cedar Lake
Indiana. It was a all boys school and it was told that the head master
of the school killed all of the students in either one of the class
rooms or in the gym.
I believe this took place in either the 50's or 70's, but I'm not
exactly sure, there is also a door that people have tried to open but
have had no luck in doing so. Hopefully someone can help me with this
mystery, if you need more information I will do my best to collect it.

__________

FEATURED ARTICLE
__________

Submitted by Feature Writer Kelly Weaver at: Weav-@aol.com

WHAT IS "BEING PSYCHIC"?
By Kelly Weaver

To discover the answer, we must look at what makes up Spirit: the
energy around us. We must look at who and what we are. You are energy-
Spirit Energy. Your spirit is interconnected with all Spirit energy. In
Spirit, there is no time, no distance and no limitations. We are all one
with the Universe, a higher power.
Imagine yourself as a big ball of energy. Close your eyes for a moment
and allow yourself to float in your minds eye. This is the Real You. We
are our "minds." ( I had several out of body experiences lately, and it
is incredible when you realize that you are just your "spirit".) Being
Psychic, I can see that "little ball of energy" around you. It is the
result of where you are focusing. The focus of your attention has caused
the energy of you to vibrate. You have been focusing your attention for
many years now. You have joined a group of entities that are focusing
their attention on your reality. (Angels and Spirit Guides, your Loved
Ones). Your ball of energy reflects not only your thoughts, but the
thoughts of your "helpers". (This is how I do spirit readings).
Without looking at your physical body, but seeing and/or feeling your
energy, I can learn a lot about you. Things that are important to you in
this reality get more attention, and vibrate a little more in your
energy field. I can see your likes and dislikes. The things that bring
you pleasure and the things that pain you are vibrating here also. Your
"job" may be there - good or bad - according to how you feel about it.
The fact that someone is able to read the energy field around you does
not necessary make them a good counselor or good at giving spiritual
advice. It is often the case, though, that what the listener wants is
specific direction. They really want to be told what they should do.
Your answer is based on the information in your energy and your
tendencies.
A skilled psychic is an excellent source of information about what your
future CAN HOLD. They can see the energies that are around us and what
is about to come. When I do Spirit readings, your angels come through
with information on your path and where you are now. You have free will
to take the advice or not. Listen to the advice and direction, then
choose your course of action and take full responsibility for it. I've
seen many people change their lives for the better just by opening up
and letting their heart take them on their journey! We are all psychic
to some degree. Remember to follow your gut - you are the Master of your
reality. Creative energy extends out from you in response to your
attention. Follow your heart and Walk in Peace!

__________

GHOST HUNTING TIP
__________

Do you have a ghost hunting tip you’d like to share with our readers?
Send to us at: Edi-@haunted-places.com

___________

IN THE NEWS
___________

From Staff Member Linda Davis at: "jldav-@webtv.net"

Landlord Insures Against Ghosts Harming Drinkers
From Ananova News Service
Thu, 4 Apr 2002 18:41:54 GMT
All copyrights acknowledge

A pub landlord has taken out an insurance policy against ghosts
following fears that the resident poltergeist could hurt customers.
Terry Meggs, of the Royal Falcon Hotel, in Lowestoft, Suffolk, decided
he needed the cover after watching the ghost shoot glasses along the bar
one night.
The building, which is next to a disused graveyard, is the second
oldest in Lowestoft and was formerly Eastholme Girls School.

___________

INVESTIGATIVE RESULTS
___________

Has your group recently completely an interesting or unusual
investigation. We’d love to hear about it! Tell us a little history
about the site, why it is considered haunted, and the results of your
investigation. Email your report to: Edi-@haunted-places.com . Be sure
to put Investigative Results in the subject line.

***

Submitted by Feature Writer Brandy B. Stark at:
sfcf-@scfn.thpl.lib.fl.us

The home on 49th Avenue
By Brandy Stark co-founder of the SPIRITS of St. Petersburg.

There was always something a little different about the home on 49th
Avenue in Kennith City. Sometimes, it manifested in a lingering
sensation of being watched, at others it was captured in the sound of
footsteps walking down the hall. To homeowner Kay F. these simply became
part of the house she had lived in for the past 30 years.
However, when activity started to increase, culminating in an orb image
that appeared on a picture taken of family Christmas Day, she called in
the SPIRITS to investigate.
This haunting was different from others recently experienced by the
team. The potential entity was very subtle about revealing itself, and
the list of individuals possibly haunting the area was small. The house
was built in 1952 on land once belonging to an old orange grove. The
couple who built it sold it to the current owner, who has lived in the
home since. No deaths or acts of physical violence were recorded on the
property.
Much of the haunting activity started in 2001 when Kay decided to
remodel the bathroom to the master bedroom. Upon tearing out part of the
bathroom wall a razor storage space was revealed. Common to older
houses, the storage consisted of nothing more than a slit in the wall
where used razors were dropped and held in a hollowed out section of the
wall. The cartridges simply remained where they fell, as there was no
access to the area without removing sections of the siding to retrieve
them.
As the wall was pulled out, Kay's son-in-law, supervising the work, was
startled to hear conversations between several unseen people going on in
the living room. He also heard footsteps touring every room around him,
though there was no one else in the home at the time.
The construction workers also complained of an undefined unease.
Exasperated and frightened, the man laying tiles literally jumped out of
the bathroom one afternoon, believing that there was someone else
standing just behind him. The son-in-law, also experiencing similar
sensations within the room, found himself trying to convince the poor
man to stay and finish the job.
Then began the popping sounds and the creaking floorboards, until then
sounds foreign to the house. And there were the instances when Kay felt
someone or something jumping onto the bed next to her. Unable to
determine the culprit, and feeling no threat, however, she "simply
rolled over and went back to sleep."
Shortly before the SPIRITS arrived, the popping sounds were heard. The
pipes in this same bathroom clogged and backed up, causing a miniature
flood to spread into the master bedroom. As the mess was cleaned up, Kay
opted to continue with the investigation as planned.
EMF (electromagnetic fields) readings in the house were minimal. There
were no fluctuations in temperature, though a tapping sound was heard
coming from master bathroom. Upon requesting the potential entity to
reproduce the noises, nothing was heard.
Electronic recordings and video scans also produced little in the way
of results. However, digital and 35 mm film did pick up several
anomalous mages. Orbs appeared in the film of two individual teammates'
cameras. One photo showed three orbs above the head of team member,
resting on the bed in the haunted room. Another created lighter orbs
next to a cabinet located just outside the area.
During the interview, the SPIRITS learned a little more about the
previous tenants. A very unusual couple, they had sold the house to Kay,
then asked to live there during the time that their house was completed.
They remained in the home an additional 8 months until Kay requested
they leave as she had agreed to host a wedding in the house. The day she
moved in, they moved out. In addition, the man returned to the home on
three separate occasions, claiming to have left behind various tools in
the garage. After the third such visit, Kay requested that he take a
final look around for it would be his final time in her home. It was,
more than likely, his old razors deposited into the bathroom wall. Could
it be that the former owner, already past middle age when he sold the
house to Kay, has come back to revisit it in death over 30 years later?
It is also interesting to note that construction done the year prior to
her kitchen produced no such activities. By opening the wall, did the
contractors unleash some unseen force, connected with the DNA
undoubtedly clinging to the razors' edges? Or, is some other force at
work here? As long as the activity remains benign, Kay is all right with
her unseen house guest. "I just hope he approves of the way I am
remodeling the home. I think the changes are very nice. I'm sure he
must, too."
For more information, reports, and images about this investigation, or
to read about other ghost hunts, check out the SPIRITS site at:
"http://centralflghosts.homestead.com/home.htm"

_____________

WEBSITE OF THE MONTH
_____________

After many months we are finally bringing back our Haunted Places
Website of the Month Award! Do you have a favorite ghostly website that
you think should win our award? If so please email the URL and your
reason that you think the site should win an award to:
Edi-@haunted-places.com

***
We are currently seeking nominations for the April Website of the month.
Send your suggestions!!!!

_____________

SEEKING INFORMATION
___________

email the senders.

***
From Heather at: Tgh3a-@aol.com

I was wondering if anybody knows the name and location of an Inn,
haunted by a doll. I think the name is "Jeffery Doll". The man obsessed
with this doll gave it its own room. Now the doll can be seen in the
windows. I would love any information on this!

***
From: Vladimir Hornik at: "v_man-@yahoo.com"

I am a student of the Croatian University of Tourism. I am contacting
you because I would like to write my final paper on organizing haunted
tours for tourists. I got that idea because in these parts of Croatia we
have lots of stories about haunted places, even towns.
I don't have anyway of getting information about how these tours are
organized, because no one here is doing anything similar. I need info
about tourist practice of haunted tours. I am not even sure if it is
called haunted tours.
I would also like to know if there is any web-page where I could find
that stories. I would be grateful for any information possible.

***
From: "Swift-@aol.com"

I am writing a persuasive essay on ghost and the paranormal. I'm trying
to convince my class that they are real and if you could give me any
info please let me know.

***
From Pam at: pampi-@ync.net

My friend and I would like to know of any ghost hunting groups in or
near Chicago, IL. We live in the northwest suburbs of Chicago and would
enjoy joining a group and sharing our experiences with other like-minded
individuals.

***
From Dee at: spikean-@att.net

I am new to your e-mail newsletter, but no stranger to the spirit
world. My sister and I are planning a trip to the Boston/Salem area,
and we are looking for haunted happenings, we have researched some
sites on-line, but they seem limited, and we are sure there
are more out there, please help!

***
From Sue at: sueadk-@hotmail.com

I am torn between two locations to take vacation. One is Tombstone,
Arizona , and the other is Gettysburg, Pennsylvania. I was going to
combine ghost hunting and my vacation into one trip this year. Can
anyone give me any info on who, what and where to contact to get info
"spiritual and physical" on both these locations, as well as where to
find maps and lodging.

***
From Tory at: torysha-@monad.net

I am going to be vacationing in San Diego, CA within the next week and
am planning on relocating there soon. I was wondering if there were any
ghost tours or ghost hunting organizations for that area.
Any info would be much appreciated.

___________

TRUE EXPERIENCES
___________

From: The-@msn.com

I'm a Greek woman who was once in love with a Turkish man.
My parents have said that they would disown me if I did not break up
with him. Greeks and Turks are known to be big time enemies. Its also
our religions (Greek Orthodox and Muslim). I got so upset. I locked my
bedroom door, looked at the Icon of Jesus and started to say hateful
words to him. I blamed him for this. I also said that I would never pray
to him again. So I lay down in my bed. I cried and cried! I turned on my
side facing the wall. I tried to turn around again but something was
pinning me down.
I struggled to turn. I felt hands holding me down. They were strong.
They suddenly let me turn. I was still being held at the shoulders, then
I felt the inner me sit up (my soul?) out of my head. That's when I saw
a man in a white long robe with a gold belt. His face was a big bright
light. I could only see his chestnut straight brown hair, hanging close
to his neck. His hands were so close to my face. They were white, waxy
looking but very life like.
He held up his three fingers close together ( symbol of The Father, The
Son and, The Holy Spirit). He crossed me. I then noticed how bright he
really was. I was in such a curious state. He was brighter then anything
I ever saw but, my eyes didn't hurt. Then suddenly he vanished. I was so
shocked and scared when I realized what I have just experienced.
I zoomed out of my room into the living room totally out of breath. I
saw my mom and I told her the whole story. She said to me he came to you
because he did not want to lose you. You must be one of his favorites.
He loves you. I lit up a lantern, and prayed for forgiveness.
Ever since then I have to sleep with the door open. I also turn on the
bathroom light. I know he means well if it was HIM. But, I have a
problem now. I think I would like this vision when its time for me to
pass on.

***
From: "Jill JillM-@sitts-hill-engineers.com

We were stationed in England in the early 1970's. We moved into a new
residence in 1976 when my daughter was one and a half years old. She was
a very precocious child who started walking at ten months and had been
talking in complete sentences shortly after that.
After a couple of nights in the house, she told us about her new man
friend who came to see her at night and kept her company, but as I had
just recently divorced her father, we dismissed her claims of this new
friend as a result of the split.
Both my new husband and I were also seeing things, like someone or
something out of the corner of our eye, but neither of us mentioned it.
About six months after we'd moved in, we had a psychic friend to dinner
and when we were doing the dishes, I asked her point blank if we had a
ghost and her reply was, "Yes." She explained that he had been a farm
worker who was killed there and that he was keeping watch over the
cottage that we lived in. He had indeed been visiting with our daughter
and it was him that we kept catching out of the corner of our eyes. He
liked having us there.
We were away on a trip one time and had a village friend staying at the
house. He was reading the Sunday paper one morning and the door to the
hallway slowly opened and there was a man, dressed as described by our
psychic friend, standing in the hall staring at him. He stammered out
that he was supposed to be there watching the house and the man
disappeared.
Although my husband worked a variety of evening and night shifts, I was
never afraid of being alone in the house, even though we were in the
dark countryside with our closet neighbors being a great distance way,
simply because I knew our ghostly friend was watching over us.
When my Mom and brother, who was 12, came to visit, my brother was a
very disruptive presence, the bedroom door where they stayed was always
wide open in the morning as was the front gate, which we always kept
securely latched to keep our daughter out of the lane.
This was almost as if he wanted them to leave.
After their departure, we never had the door or the gate opened during
the night again. He was with us until we came back to the States in
1984. Our babysitter performed housekeeping duties for the new people
who had moved into our cottage and our friend evidently didn't care for
them as they had a variety of unexplained happenings, most of which
indicated that he preferred our presence versus the new lodgers. We sure
do miss him and our daughter still fondly remembers her nighttime
visitor.

___________

UPCOMING EVENTS
___________

For complete details of all events listed in this section please visit:
http://www.haunted-places.com/tours.htm

***
APRIL 2002:

***
West Virginia State Penitentiary Ghost Hunt
Moundsville, West Virginia
Hosted by M.A.J.D.A. Paranormal Investigators ( Website:
http://www.majda.net/ )
April 26th - 100 tickets available.
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
Tickets can be ordered at: http://www.majda.net/events.html
For more info contact John or Lisa at: MAJD-@aol.com

***
The Ohio State Reformatory Ghost Hunt
Mansfield, Ohio

April 26th
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
For more info visit: http://www.mrps.org/ghost/index.html

***
Independent Ghost Hunters Conference
Camp Hill, Pennsylvania
April 20
Hosted by Psychic/Medium and Ghosthunter Kelly L. Weaver, Founder of
Capital Ghost Forum
Contact is Kelly Weaver at: Weav-@aol.com

***
South Jersey Ghost Research will be conducting the following lecture.
For more information visit their website at: http://www.sjgr.org/

April 25th at 7pm - 9pm Free lecture with photos displays,
equipment displays, EVPs and videos.
Atlantic County Library: Galloway Twp Branch, Galloway, NJ
306 East Jimmie Leeds Road
609-652-2352

***
MAY 2002:
South Jersey Ghost Research will be conducting the following lecture.
For more information visit their website at: http://www.sjgr.org/

May 2nd at 7pm - Free lecture with photos displays,
equipment displays, EVPs and videos.
Bellmawr Public Library, Bellmawr, NJ
21 E. Browning Road, Bellmawr, NJ 08031
856-933-1319

***
History & Hauntings Tours
Hosted by: Troy Taylor
See the descriptions below or get more information about the tours at
"http://www.prairieghosts.com/tours.html"

Saturday, May 4 - 7:30 PM
New! Spirits of the Civil War Tour
Deluxe Dinner Tour: $45 per person
(Tickets on Sale - Starting March 25)

***
Gettysburg Ghost Conference–Voices from the Past: The Art of EVP
May 4th & 5th, 2002
Hosted by the International Ghost Hunters Society (Website:
www.ghostweb.com )

***
SEMINAR "PARANORMAL PLACES OF SOUTHERN WISCONSIN/NORTHERN ILLINOIS"
Saturday, May 11th 2002 - 1:00 PM
Best Western Conference Center
Janesville, WI 53546
For tickets, visit our website at:
http://www.paranormalresearchgroup.com/Seminar2002.html

LIMITED SEATING AVAILABLE
Admission: $16.00 per person
The Southern Wisconsin Paranormal Research Group is presenting a
seminar focusing on haunted locations in Southern Wisconsin and Northern
Illinois.
Investigators from different locations in Wisconsin and Illinois will
be presenting video and photo evidence while discussing some of their
most interesting cases. Other areas of interest such as, Investigators
equipment and usage, common types of hauntings and psychic aspects of
paranormal investigations will also be covered.

***
Campout / Ghost Hunt in the ghost town of Sprucevale.
Near East Liverpool, Ohio
Hosted by M.A.J.D.A. Paranormal Investigators ( Website:
http://www.majda.net/ )
May 11th - Date subject to change due to the weather.
Free
Open to members only.
For more info contact John or Lisa at: MAJD-@aol.com

***
History & Hauntings Tours
Hosted by: Troy Taylor
Haunted Greenwood Cemetery walking tours!
Friday night, May 31 and
Cost is $12 per person.
The tour is based on Troy Taylor's new edition of WHERE THE DEAD WALK,
For more information on this tour call toll-free at 1-888-446-7859 or
register at "http://www.prairieghosts.com/tours.html"

***
The Ohio State Reformatory Ghost Hunt
Mansfield, Ohio
May 17th
May 31st
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
For more info visit: http://www.mrps.org/ghost/index.html

***
West Virginia State Penitentiary Ghost Hunt
Moundsville, West Virginia
Hosted by M.A.J.D.A. Paranormal Investigators ( Website:
http://www.majda.net/ )
May 24th - 130 tickets available.
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
Tickets can be ordered at: http://www.majda.net/events.html
For more info contact John or Lisa at: MAJD-@aol.com

***

History & Hauntings Tours
Hosted by: Troy Taylor
See the descriptions below or get more information about the tours at
"http://www.prairieghosts.com/tours.html"

Saturday, May 25 - 7:30 PM
New! Spirits of the Civil War Tour
Standard Ghost Tour: $30 per person
(Tickets on Sale - Starting March 25)

***
Ghost Safari's 2002 Conference,
"Evidence and Enigmas" will convene May 25th all day and into the
evening at the Holiday Inn in Broken Arrow, OK. Ghost hunters,
researchers and paranormal enthusiasts are invited to attend this
informal but jam-packed conference. Featured will be some of the best
ghost investigators in the country presenting the current state of their
research along with photographic, video and audio evidence. The cost is
$30 and includes continental breakfast, afternoon snacks and exciting
door prizes including a Trifield Natural EM Meter, Vivitar 3-D camera,
Gauss Master meters and several other prizes. Attendees will be
encouraged to present their own evidence at several open "Show and Tell"
sessions so bring those photos, videotapes and EVP samples! We'll have
all the state-of-the-art presentation equipment and a bang-up sound
system! The conference will also include vendor and information tables
all in a huge conference room. Email rich-@ghostsafari.com and visit
www.ghostsafari.com for more information and to register on line.

***
JUNE 2002:

History & Hauntings Tours
Hosted by: Troy Taylor
See the description below or get more information about the tours at
"http://www.prairieghosts.com/tours.html"

Saturday, June 1 - 7:30 PM
Special! Haunted Greenwood Cemetery Walking Tour
Decatur, Illinois - Hosted by Troy Taylor
A walking tour of the most haunted cemetery in downstate Illinois, based
on the book "Where the Dead Walk" by Troy Taylor!
Special Thanks to the "Haunted Decatur Tours": $12 per person
(Tickets on Sale - Starting March 25)

***
West Virginia State Penitentiary Ghost Hunt
Moundsville, West Virginia
Hosted by M.A.J.D.A. Paranormal Investigators ( Website:
http://www.majda.net/ )
June 14th - 130 tickets available.
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
Tickets can be ordered at: http://www.majda.net/events.html
For more info contact John or Lisa at: MAJD-@aol.com

***
The Ohio State Reformatory Ghost Hunt
Mansfield, Ohio
June 14th
June 28th
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
For more info visit: http://www.mrps.org/ghost/index.html

***
American Ghost Society 2002 Haunted America National Conference
June 20 - 23, 2002
Hosted by Troy & Amy Taylor (American Ghost Society Founders)
at the History & Hauntings Book Co. Building
515 East Third Street - Haunted Alton, Illinois
Detailed information is available at: "http://www.prairieghosts.com".

***
On June 23-26, 2002, The Academy of Religion and Psychical Research
will sponsor its 27th annual conference on "MEDIUMSHIP: A DOORWAY TO
OTHER DIMENSIONS OF EXISTENCE" at Rosemont College, Rosemont,
Pennsylvania (11 miles west of Philadelphia).
For details of the program and to register, go to the ARPR Web site -
"http://www.lightlink.com/arpr/" - e-mail bat-@infi.net, phone
860-242-4593, or write to ARPR, P.O. Box 614, Bloomfield, CT 06002-0614.

For your information, the ARPR Web site has over 225 links separated
into 24 different categories such as Ghosts/Haunted Places, Near-Death
Experiences, Out-of-Body Experiences, Parapsychology, etc.

***
A special SPIRITS art show featuring photos shot during SPIRITS ghost
hunts, and art by SPIRITS members.
June 28 - Aug. 13
Snooty Judy's Gallery - Dunedin, Florida

Images will include "false positives", spectral shots, and "no result"
pictures that also capture and embody artistic qualities of
photography.
For more info contact Brandy at: sfcf-@scfn.thpl.lib.fl.us
The SPIRITS website is: http://centralflghosts.homestead.com/home.html

***
Campout / Ghost Hunt in the ghost town of Sprucevale.
Near East Liverpool, Ohio
Hosted by M.A.J.D.A. Paranormal Investigators ( Website:
http://www.majda.net/ )
June 29th - Date subject to change due to the weather.
Free
Open to members only.
For more info contact John or Lisa at: MAJD-@aol.com

***
JULY 2002:

West Virginia State Penitentiary Ghost Hunt
Moundsville, West Virginia
Hosted by M.A.J.D.A. Paranormal Investigators ( Website:
http://www.majda.net/ )
July 12th - 130 tickets available.
July 26th - 130 tickets available.
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
Tickets can be ordered at: http://www.majda.net/events.html
For more info contact John or Lisa at: MAJD-@aol.com

***
The Ohio State Reformatory Ghost Hunt
Mansfield, Ohio
July 12th
July 26th
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
For more info visit: http://www.mrps.org/ghost/index.html

***
History & Hauntings Tours
Hosted by: Troy Taylor
See the description below or get more information about the tours at
"http://www.prairieghosts.com/tours.html"

Saturday, July 13 - 6:30 PM
New! Special Ghost Hunter's Tour- "Behind the Scenes" of Haunted Alton!
Alton, Illinois - Hosted by Troy Taylor
A special four-hour ghost hunter's tour, beginning with a presentation
on ghosts, hauntings and ghost hunting by Troy Taylor and then an
in-depth tour of Alton's most haunted places! :$50 per person
(Tickets on Sale - Starting March 25)

***
AUGUST 2002:

The Ohio State Reformatory Ghost Hunt
Mansfield, Ohio
August 2nd
August 16th
August 30th
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
For more info visit: http://www.mrps.org/ghost/index.html

***
West Virginia State Penitentiary Ghost Hunt
Moundsville, West Virginia
Hosted by M.A.J.D.A. Paranormal Investigators ( Website:
http://www.majda.net/ )
August 9th - 130 tickets available.
August 23rd - 130 tickets available.
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
Tickets can be ordered at: http://www.majda.net/events.html
For more info contact John or Lisa at: MAJD-@aol.com

***
SEPTEMBER 2002:

The Ohio State Reformatory Ghost Hunt
Mansfield, Ohio
September 6th
September 14th
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
For more info visit: http://www.mrps.org/ghost/index.html

***
West Virginia State Penitentiary Ghost Hunt
Moundsville, West Virginia
Hosted by M.A.J.D.A. Paranormal Investigators ( Website:
http://www.majda.net/ )
September 20th - 130 tickets available - Last ghost hunt for 2002!
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
Tickets can be ordered at: http://www.majda.net/events.html
For more info contact John or Lisa at: MAJD-@aol.com

***
KateFest 2002 will be held on the weekend of September 28th and 29th in
Adams, Tennessee, and plans are underway for the biggest and best
KateFest ever!
Now in its third year, KateFest provides Bell Witch and other
paranormal enthusiasts the opportunity to swap stories, attend lectures
and workshops dealing with all areas of the paranormal, see stage
productions of the Bell Witch legend, listen to live music, eat good
food, buy or sell paranormal-related books, jewelry and other items,
tour public attractions, and have lots of fun in the heart of "Bell
Witch Country"--Adams, Tennessee. From children to professional ghost
hunters, and to paranormal researchers and skeptics alike--attendees
leave KateFest with a much greater knowledge and appreciation of the
paranormal, lots of good memories, and plenty of new friends.

KateFest 2002 will offer:

* Vendors featuring antiques, books, arts and crafts, jewelry, psychic
readings, spiritual consultation, and much more.
* A panel of experts will discuss various aspects of the Bell Witch and
other popular ghost stories.
* Prominent speakers will present lectures and workshops dealing with
topics such as spirituality, demonology, the Bell Witch, poltergeists,
ghost photography, ghost hunting, UFOs, remote viewing, and many other
topics.
* Authors of Bell Witch and other paranormal-related books will be on
hand to sell and sign copies of their works.
* There will be at least three (3) mystery "dare" type events. These are
generally unprecedented, once-in-a-lifetime events that you DON'T want
to miss! "Mystery" events are limited as to the number of participants,
and are kept secret until the time of the event.
* A full stage production of the Bell Witch legend.
* On-site "guides" dressed in period clothing (1820), representing some
members of the John Bell family and other major characters in the
legend.
* "John Bell" will provide a telling of the story to those who are
either
new to the legend or just want to brush up.
* Musical entertainment ranging from bluegrass to country, to rock, and
who knows what else. Particular acts/showtimes will be announced in the
future.
* Concessions -- standard stuff; e.g., hot dogs, soft drinks, etc.
* There will also be plenty of good ol' Southern cookin,' compliments of
none other than the "Kate's Southern Kitchen Witchery" exhibit.
* Several fantastic KateFest t-shirt designs to choose from.
* Much, much more!

The KateFest Web page ("http://www.katefest.com") is constantly updated
as things come together. Please visit the site today for details on
KateFest 2002!

***
OCTOBER 2002:

HAUNTED NEWPORT
October 1-31, 2002
Newport, Rhode Island
"http://www.hauntednewport.com"

Largest month-long Halloween "spooktacular" in North America
established in 1999 to promote a positive view of Halloween. Featured
over 120 events in 2001,including: Halloween Market, haunted hayrides,
vampire and ghost tours, Halloween parties, murder mysteries, ghost
ships, psychic readings, author book signings, Edgar Allan Poe Weekend,
wizard workshops, Opening Day
Scaremony and more.

***
Campout / Ghost Hunt in the ghost town of Sprucevale.
Near East Liverpool, Ohio
Hosted by M.A.J.D.A. Paranormal Investigators ( Website:
http://www.majda.net/ )
October 19th - Date subject to change due to the weather.
Free
Open to members only.
For more info contact John or Lisa at: MAJD-@aol.com

***
NOVEMBER 2002:
The Ohio State Reformatory Ghost Hunt
Mansfield, Ohio
November 9th
November 23rd - Last ghost hunt for 2002!
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
For more info visit: http://www.mrps.org/ghost/index.html

___________

MEDIA LISTINGS
___________

   The media listing mainly cover the 8pm to 10pm time slots. Most
listed times are Eastern Standard Time. Please check your local listings
for the correct viewing times in your area.

***
ART BELL ( Website: http://www.artbell.com/index.html ):

04/14/02 - Sun/Mon
Host: George Noory
Guest: Robert Felix
Beginning with the dinosaur extinction of 65 million years ago, Robert
Felix explores the relationship between mass extinctions, ice ages, and
magnetic reversals (times when compasses would have pointed south
instead of north).

04/15/02 - Mon/Tue
Guest: Dr. Steven M. Greer
The Disclosure Project: Dr. Greer, an emergency physician, is widely
regarded as the world's foremost authority on UFOs and Extraterrestrial
intelligence. In the past 4 or 5 months, CSETI has been able to
identify, contact and film nearly 90 military, intelligence and
government witnesses to UFO events and projects. Many of these
interviews and accompanying evidence are definitive and will establish
the reality of the UFO/ET subject as well as the nature and purpose of
the secrecy surrounding it.
Website: "http://www.cseti.org"
Website: "http://www.drgreer.com"
Website: "http://www.disclosureproject.org"

Guest: Warren Faidley
Warren Faidley is a renowned photographer and full-time storm chaser.
His work has been exhibited in major publications including Life and
National Geographic. Warren has also appeared as an on air severe
weather expert for MSNBC and Fox News.
Website: "http://www.stormchaser.com/"

04/16/02 - Tue/Wed
Guest: Richard C. Hoagland
Richard C. Hoagland, is the founder of The Enterprise Mission, recipient
of the Angstrom Medal, former science advisor to CBS News and Walter
Cronkite, author of "The Monuments of Mars", co-creator of the "Pioneer
Plaque", originator of the "Europa Proposal", and principal investigator
of The Enterprise Mission.
Website: "http://www.enterprisemission.com"

04/17/02 - Wed/Thu
Guest: Red Elk
He is a self-described half-breed Native American from both the
BlackFeet and Shoshoni Nations as well as part Irish and French. He is a
member of Heyoka (hi - OH - kah) a Contrarian group of Native American
lost boys which he is one of the twelve inner Heyoka. Red Elk is one of
the last nine members of the Red Web Society who are working to bring
understanding to Earth.
Contact: Send SASE to P.O. Box 166, Thorp, WA 98946

04/18/02 - Thu/Fri
Guest: John Zerzan
John Zerzan, ideological friend to Ted Kaczynski, and mentor to the
anti-Globalist anarchists, is well known for his anarchist critique of
technology and his work on the origins of our contemporary society in
crisis.

04/18/02 - Fri/Sat
OPEN LINES

***
DISCOVERY CHANNEL:

Thu - 18th at 8pm - Would You Believe It?

***
UPN:

Tue - 16th at 8pm - Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Doublemeat Palace
Tue - 16th at 9pm - Buffy the Vampire slayer: Dead Things

***
SCIFI:

Sunday thru Thursday at 11 and 11:30pm - Crossing Over With John Edwards

Tue - 16th at 8pm - Outer Limits: Resurrection
Wed - 17th at 8pm - Outer Limits: Vaccine
Wed - 17th at 9pm- Movie: John Carpenter’s Vampires
Thu - 18th at 8pm - Outer Limits: The Second Soul
Mon - 22nd at 8pm - Outer Limits: The voice of Reason

***
PAX:

Tue - 16th at 8pm - Mysterious Ways: A time for Every Purpose
Fri - 19th at 9pm - Mysterious Ways: Phoenix

***
DISCOVERY KIDS:

Fri - 19th at 8pm - Truth or Scare: Castle Ghosts of Scotland
Fri - 19th at 8:30pm - Truth or Scare: Bigfoot
Sat - 20th at 8pm - Truth or Scare: Night Visitors
Sat - 20th at 8:30pm - Truth or Scare: Dracula
Sun - 21st at 8pm - Truth or Scare: Castle Ghosts of Scotlland
Sun - 21st at 8:30pm - Truth or Scare: Bigfoot

***
INTERNET RADIO PROGRAMS:

Jeff Rense: Listen at : http://www.sightings.com/
Mon. - Fri. at 7pm to 10 pm Pacific time
Sat. at 9pm to 3am Pacific time
Sun. at 8pm to 11pm Pacific time

***
http://www.pawebcast.cc/