Welcome Guest!
 Haunted Places
Haunted Places Report 4/23/02  Rev. Ron Beach
 Apr 21, 2002 16:50 PDT
THE HAUNTED PLACES REPORT

Founded by: Dennis William Hauck
Edited by: Rev. Ronald E. Beach
Email: Edi-@haunted-places.com
Website: http://www.Haunted-Places.com

editor.

04/23/02

___________

CONTENTS:
___________

* From the Editor
* Letters to the Editor
* Announcements
* Featured Article
* Ghost Hunting Tip
* In the News
* Website of the Month
* Seeking Information
* True Experiences
* Upcoming Events
* Media Listings

_____________

FROM THE EDITOR
_____________

From time to time we receive a request from subscribers asking us to
delete their old email address from our list and add their new one. Our
newsletter is sent out thru Topica and due to the way Topica is set up
we are unable to change your email address. This is something your must
yourself thru your Topica account.

***
I received the following email. The author was hoping to have it posted
in our Investigative Results section. Before adding my comments I’ll let
you read the email. It is printed here just as I received it.

Hi,
my name is Adrenalin, There is much talk about the Albino Lady in
Rochester Cemetery, and the Poltergeist in the Gardner House.
But i have made a new discovery, It was Wednesday April 14, 2002, One of
my friends, Kie, took me and my girlfriend to this old mental insatution
(were they kept the crazys back in the 50's) for Photography class at
topeka west, just from the look of the building i could see "spirits"
all over, we parked out in front and walk up to the front door, but
first off this building is about 4 stories tall plus theres an
underground tunal going to who knows were, 2nd its been abandend for
years and years , well we look threw the front door and it just goes
strait back and the farther back it goes the darker it gets, i put my
camera up to the door and took a picture when i sudenly felt pain and
sadness like if someone jumped inside of me and clawed my spirit into
peaces. well later on that night me, my brother and some of his friends
went up there with video cameras. you would not beleave what we saw,
I never beleaved in spirits or any thing like that but now i do with
strong compasion and respect for the dead.
we had do be bad, and break in but it was most definitly worth it -
heres the storie-------------
We climbed threw a window well that led to the underground tunle that i
was telling you about, and the second we step in there all 3 of are
cameras shut off how creepy is that and it was very cold in there im
talkin maby 10 to 20 degrees we walked threw a long windy tunnel and
finaly found a stair case on the first floor there was a teribly long
hallway (or should i say hellway) i really cant see much but its scary
and i feel pain and suffering just like i felt earlyer we went up to
about the 3rd floor and sudenly the camera that me and my brother had
came on and then we saw a bright bluesh light down the hall in one of
the rooms so we went down there quietly and saw the most amazing sight
poseble a pregnent transperint woman with a blue ora staring at us she
smiled and disapeard that was the best feeling iv ever had, i mean that
was almost beter then sex any way we were still stund and didnt know
what to think as we walked back down the stairs jason ( one of my
brothers friends came runing down the hall way , "hes comming after me"
he gasped out "Who!" we asked then he fell to the floor and as i looked
up i saw a transperent man with a sheet over his head floting down the
hall way he didnt look as nice as the woman and he definatly wasnt
smiling, we started runing with out looking back and then we found the
rest of the guys and booked out the window we came in..
this is the most spirital activity iv ever seen, and iv never heard n e
thing like this in my life this building is GOING TO BE TORN DOWN i need
help keeping it alive
if your interested please contact me at (785) 224-1553
thank you very much these spirits need to stay there its there home i
need help.

Editor’s comments:

1) Once again here is what sounds like a bunch of thrill seekers instead
of serious ghost hunters. They were trespassing on this property and
admit to breaking into the place. I hope that someone who lives in area
will take the time to forward this email (complete with the phone number
and names) to the local law enforcement. People like this give serious
ghost hunters a bad name and I feel they should be prosecuted for
trespassing and breaking/entering.

2) When writing up a report from an investigation try to avoid
statements like “were they kept the crazies back in the 50's”. I’m sure
if a member of your family was confined in such a place you would not
like them being referred to as crazies. Also so, statements like “almost
better than sex” have no place in your reports.

3) After typing up your report take a few extra minutes to check the
grammar and than use your spell checker for spelling errors. The more
professional your report is the more you’ll be seen as a serious
investigator.

_____________

LETTERS TO THE EDITOR
_____________

We invite your letters to the editor. Tell us how you feel about things
in the newsletter or in the ghost hunting community. All letters must be
accompanied by an email address so other readers can respond to you.

***
From Robin at: skei-@maroon.tc.umn.edu

I love the HPR and look forward to it each week. The only thing that I
would like to see is, in the news items, etc., the name of the state
where the story takes place. Most of the time, only the city or town's
name is listed.
I am unfamiliar with so many of these locations and feel it would be
nice to know what state these stories and/or investigations are coming
from.
Thanks.

Editor’s Response:

If we know the name of the state we do print it. sometimes we receive
articles and the location is not included. As a reminder to our readers,
when submitting an item to be used in the newsletter, please include as
much information as possible.

***
From: Maureen at: "mikemos-@msn.com"

Just checked in your directory to see if you had our famous ghost
listed. Eva Tanguay was a burlesque entertainer in the 20's and her
spirit is said to reside in the Cohoes Music Hall in Cohoes, New York,
presently the home of the Eighth Step, a music venue for acoustic
performers. For more info you can go to the Cohoes Music Hall site.

_____________

ANNOUNCEMENTS
_____________

Are you staring a new paranormal investigation group? Is your group
looking for new members? Does your group have an upcoming event? Has
your group done any interesting investigations? Has your group or
members of it appeared on any TV or radio programs? Do you have any
ghostly related news from your local area? If the answer to any of these
questions is “Yes”, please let us know so we can publish the information
in upcoming issues.

***
From Troy Taylor at: ttay-@prairieghosts.com

Thanks to all of our subscribers who have expressed interest and who
have already signed up for the "Ghost Research Home Study Course" that I
recently started offering through Dennis Hauck's Flamel College.
Dennis and I have both been very pleased with the unexpected response!
If you don't know about the home study course, check out the link below
and see what it's all about! Check out info about the course at:
http://www.flamelcollege.org/paranormal.htm

***
From Jamie at: ghos-@yahoo.com

I have a ghost hunting group in the Chicagoland Area. We have been
around for 4 or 5 years. We are always looking for new members. Usually
we keep in touch by a mailing list. To sign up just send a blank email
to "Chicagolan-@yahoogroups.com"
Even if you already belong to another group your still welcome to join
us. My web site is: "http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Shadowlands/2007"

***
From: Allen Campbell"Ajrc-@aol.com"
Author of “Ghosts at Carlisle Barracks Army War College

The Carlisle Barracks Command has asked me to put a disclaimer in
my book, "Ghosts at Carlisle Barracks Army War College". The disclaimer
reads, "The information in this book are my views. They are not the
views of the U.S. Government or Carlisle Barracks."
All future copies of my book will contain this disclaimer.

***
From Rick Fisher at: rfis-@redrose.net

Coming Soon - “Paranormal Pennsylvania”
The magazine for the strange and unexplained in the Tri-State area and
Beyond. Each quarterly magazine will bring you the folklore, hauntings,
and legends of Bigfoot - Ghosts - Psychic Phenomena - UFO's and more.
This magazine will feature contributing consultants with years of
experience and research. Among them will be:
Eric Altman - Bigfoot
Rick Fisher - Ghost Hunting Tips and Haunted Places
Kelly Weaver - Psychic Phenomena
Stan Gordon - Bigfoot - UFO's and other Strange Occurrences

Other features will include:
*Interviews with authors and paranormal groups
*Place ads for Ghost Tours or Conferences
*Place an ad to buy or sell new or used equipment
*Place an ad to buy or sell new books
* Submit a story you know for our (I know a Story) section.

There are different opinions and beliefs and Paranormal Pennsylvania
magazine will not be bias towards any individual or group. If you submit
a story it must not be biased or bashing of any individual or group in
order to appear in the magazine.
A subscription to Paranormal Pennsylvania is $20.00 per year (four
issues). If you are interested send me an e-mail and you will be
notified when magazine becomes available.
You can go to "http://home.supernet.com/~rfisher/magazine.html" for
more information.

Paranormal Pennsylvania is owned and published and edited by:
Rick Fisher
Copyright 2002

***
From: "SU1-@aol.com"

C.P.P.R.A. Central Pennsylvania Paranormal Research Association’s
website is at: "http://www.pa-paranormal.com"

__________

FEATURED ARTICLE
__________

ONE THAT GOT AWAY
Submitted by Feature Writer John Weaver

Having been notified a crew from the Sally Jessy Raphael show was
coming to film at a place we know very well - the haunted Iron Kettle
restaurant - I decided to see if I could get anything new, particularly
in the warehouse area. Before the Saturday shooting, I visited the
restaurant by myself on Thursday night. Apprehensive about capturing
something without Kelly there to "stir things up" (she had clients
scheduled), it turns out I was not disappointed. I did get a couple
solid orb photos, noted some temperature drops that I am certain were
not drafts, and once again got strong EMF readings that were clearly not
caused by wiring or other explainable sources (these are all clearly
visible in the warehouse). However, what did disappoint me was NOT being
able to document what I briefly saw only 15 feet away: A Spirit
Apparition!
During the evening, I placed my IR camcorder on a tripod in several
different locations where it was darker (some lights had to be left on
for employee access); I had just finished re-locating it in a rear
section and moved up the main aisle toward the kitchen. Just before the
entrance to the kitchen is an aisle toward the west side of the
building; I turned here and walked back, with the intention of taking
additional readings and photos. I stopped, turned to my left and
glimpsed someone in the corner of my eye moving along the main aisle
toward the back. The "person" seemed to disappear as I turned my head
fully in that direction. Suddenly realizing this may have been an
apparition, I took a picture and then moved into the aisle, taking
another (both showed nothing - too late!) Of course, the skeptic in me
led me to enter the kitchen and verify both workers I spoke to earlier
were there. (They had been out in the warehouse several times during the
night) Not only did I confirm neither had been in the warehouse for
quite some time, they also assured me no one had recently come thru the
kitchen. (These fellows were unfazed when I mentioned what I had just
seen; after all, only a week before they had witnessed a large aluminum
pot FLY off a shelf and end up in the arms of a worker almost 10 feet
away!)
Along with getting nothing on my still digital camera, the camcorder
was filming in a rear corner at the time of my experience and hence
missed the action. Hopeful for a return "visit", I moved it to cover the
entire center aisle (other than some obvious dust particles, no
anomalies were found upon review). With my view of the apparition being
so brief, I cannot dismiss the possibility that instead of heading
straight toward the back, that it may have veered to the right, directly
into an area that constantly delivers strong EMF readings. (Perhaps this
is the energy vortex or portal Kelly feels is what draws spirits to the
Iron Kettle) How would I describe the apparition? Have someone walk by
about 15 feet away, but don't turn your head - only use your peripheral
vision. I did not note any details beyond it was light (but not bright
or glowing) in color, and seemed of normal (less than 6 ft) height. As I
turned my head, it seemed to fade out - that's when I sensed that I may
have just witnessed something supernatural.
Though "ghosting" for several years now, I must say its only the 3rd
time I actually saw an apparition with my own eyes. (The others are the
oft-repeated story of Kelly and I seeing our beloved German Shepherd the
day he died and an out-of-place girl who disappeared shortly after
passing her on a walk) Most of you know that I am fundamentally a
skeptic, with a stated mission of trying to capture evidence of the
spirits that my wife says exist in a certain place. It's one thing to
see moving orbs or ecto on IR video, or hear a clear clip of EVP, but
when you see something like I did that night, it is an experience
without comparison!

__________

GHOST HUNTING TIP
__________

Do you have a ghost hunting tip you’d like to share with our readers?
Send to us at: Edi-@haunted-places.com

___________

IN THE NEWS
___________

Submitted by Feature Writer Brandy B. Stark at:
"sfcf-@scfn.thpl.lib.fl.us”

Virtual Reality Hunt Examines Ghost Phenomenon
From the Ananova News Service
All copyrights acknowledged

Volunteers have taken part in a virtual reality ghost hunt to
investigate whether certain situations can evoke spooky experiences.
Ghost hunter Dr Richard Wiseman and video games researcher Jonathan
Sykes have devised a virtual reality tour of Edinburgh's South Vaults
for the experiment.
The study, which is part of the Edinburgh International Science
Festival program, allows the pair to manipulate the environment in an
attempt to scare participants. It is hoped the study will show what
makes certain situations appear spooky. It could also be used by video
game designers to make their games more frightening.
Volunteers for the experiment donned a computer headset for the virtual
reality tour - designed by computer expert Mr. Sykes from Glasgow
Caledonian University - of the reputedly haunted 18th century
underground chambers.
The researchers are able to alter the appearance of any room on the
tour by changing light levels, the presence of a staircase or door, or
the appearance of objects such as children's toys. During the tour
participants are encouraged to talk about their feelings, their comments
being recorded by the research team. The academics hope this will
produce links between certain situations and a "scared" response.
The research is a continuation of a high tech study last year into the
subterranean vaults in the capital which involved 250 people. The
experiment launched parapsychologist Dr Wiseman into the Guinness Book
of World Records for undertaking the biggest ghost hunt ever.
Dr Wiseman, of the University of Hertfordshire - who does not believe
in ghosts - said: "The great thing about the virtual ghost hunt is that
we have complete control over the environment. We've already had some
very interesting responses.
"One volunteer was convinced he saw an apparition of a little girl in
one of the rooms on the virtual tour. Another was convinced someone was
standing behind her in the little room where the participants stand
wearing the head set."

***
Submitted by Staff Member From: "Linda Davis"
Strange Happenings at Worcestershire Pub Blamed on Mean Ghost
From the Ananova News Service
All copyrights acknowledeged

Mysterious footsteps, smashed glasses and pint glasses swinging like
pendulums at The Mug House in Claines are thought to be the work of a
former drinker called Bert. Pub regular Peter Sansome says it's all down
to a challenge former landlord Wally Trow gave Bert when he used to
drink at the pub.
He told the Evening News: "Bert was mean, although he had money. Wally
says if he was a ghost he would be too mean to give anyone a fright".
Then Bert died. This would have been in the 1940s and that's when Wally
claimed the noises started. Wally said he started hearing the sound of
someone walking upstairs from the bedroom landing to where the safe was
kept.
"He was convinced it was the ghost of Bert. There was another landlord
who took over the pub after Wally and he also claimed he could hear
noises." Judy Allen, who has managed the pub for the past 13 years with
her son Russell, says strange things have been taking place since they
took on the tenancy. "There are so many stories about this place and the
older locals know the best ones," she said.
"I've had many things happen. For instance, once the front of a brass
ship clock blew off at quarter past two on a Saturday. It stopped, then
started up again at quarter past two the day after, so I can well
believe this story about Bert."

___________

INVESTIGATIVE RESULTS
___________

Has your group recently completely an interesting or unusual
investigation. We’d love to hear about it! Tell us a little history
about the site, why it is considered haunted, and the results of your
investigation. Email your report to: Edi-@haunted-places.com . Be sure
to put Investigative Results in the subject line.

_____________

WEBSITE OF THE MONTH
_____________

After many months we are finally bringing back our Haunted Places
Website of the Month Award! Do you have a favorite ghostly website that
you think should win our award? If so please email the URL and your
reason that you think the site should win an award to:
Edi-@haunted-places.com

***
We are currently seeking nominations for the April Website of the month.
Send your suggestions!!!!

_____________

SEEKING INFORMATION
___________

email the senders.

***
From Toni at: "tonia-@hotmail.com"

I have started an East Texas Based Group in Yahoo groups, "Pineywoods
Paranormal". We are looking for new members in the East TX. Area.
We are just now in the planning stages of our first investigation.
Some of our members have been wondering about seminars or study courses
in our area. Any help would be appreciated.

***
From Wendy at:"LIL1M-@aol.com"

I am looking for places like old prisons, hospitals, homes, or just
land sites that are considered haunted in the western Massachusetts
area, To Northern-western Connecticut areas. I have been searching the
web for days. I have a site awhile back but I didn't put it in my favs
or even e-mail it to myself. I guess I just got side tracked and
eye-boggled from looking at the screen for so long. Could you please
help me find a site that would help me find what I'm looking for or
maybe you know of places in the areas I've mentioned, Thank You for all
your help and it is greatly appreciated.

***
From: "Sassy-@cs.com"

I wanted to know if you have any info on the Matusita House ( La Casa
Matusita ) located in Lima, Peru?

___________

TRUE EXPERIENCES
___________

From "Fonixwer-@aol.com"

It was about 11 years ago my grandmother died. I was about 9 and was
sitting in my room, on my bed. Suddenly the bedroom door opened and then
shut. I smelled the smell of my grandmother and then the bed sunk down
next to me. I said “Granma please go out you are scarring me“. The bed
came back up, the door opened and closed and I knew she had came to say
good bye.

***
From: "machia-@charter.net"

WISCONSIN-
I lived in a house that was over 100 years old. The place always gave
me the creeps but I did not mention it to anyone because I did not want
to scare myself even more!
My husband worked the night shift and I was often left alone at night
with my newborn son and 6-year old daughter. In the summer of 1999, I
was awakened in the middle of the night by the sound of shuffling feet
entering my room. I thought it was my daughter asking for water (as she
usually did). I was extremely tired so I decided to pretend I was still
asleep so she could eventually get the water herself. I watched as the
black figure, which was the exact shape and size of my daughter, slowly
approached the foot of my water bed. I laid their quietly to gather up
some strength so I could eventually get up and get her some water.
"Mommy..." the figure whispered so faintly it sounded like the whisper
of the wind. "Mommy..." it whispered again and came closer. Now it was
at my feet. I could feel a hand on the frame of my water bed. For some
reason I had this hunch not to answer it, so I watched the figure walk
along the side of my bed toward my head. The figure lightly pressed down
on my water bed and I bobbed up and down slightly. I looked at my
digital alarm clock and it read 1:46 a.m. As I felt the figure
approaching my face, the red numbers on my alarm clock blurred as if a
glass sheet was passed over it. I felt a presence in front of my face,
staring. I blinked a couple times but the numbers were still blurry. The
numbers started to swirl a bit and I realized that something transparent
was definitely standing in front of my face!
I started to scream my daughter's name. I thought that if I remained
real still, it will eventually go away. The blur was still there. Panic
stricken, I jumped out of bed and turned on the light. Nothing. I tried
to shake it off as I went into the kitchen to pour formula for my infant
son. My teeth started to chatter in the middle of summer! My body broke
into a cold sweat and my hands were shaking uncontrollably. I grabbed my
kids and drove to my sister's that night. I decided I was not going to
spend another night in that house. We moved out in 2 weeks.

___________

UPCOMING EVENTS
___________

For complete details of all events listed in this section please visit:
http://www.haunted-places.com/tours.htm

***
APRIL 2002:

***
West Virginia State Penitentiary Ghost Hunt
Moundsville, West Virginia
Hosted by M.A.J.D.A. Paranormal Investigators ( Website:
http://www.majda.net/ )
April 26th - 100 tickets available.
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
Tickets can be ordered at: http://www.majda.net/events.html
For more info contact John or Lisa at: MAJD-@aol.com

***
The Ohio State Reformatory Ghost Hunt
Mansfield, Ohio

April 26th
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
For more info visit: http://www.mrps.org/ghost/index.html

***
South Jersey Ghost Research will be conducting the following lecture.
For more information visit their website at: http://www.sjgr.org/

April 25th at 7pm - 9pm Free lecture with photos displays,
equipment displays, EVPs and videos.
Atlantic County Library: Galloway Twp Branch, Galloway, NJ
306 East Jimmie Leeds Road
609-652-2352

***
MAY 2002:
South Jersey Ghost Research will be conducting the following lecture.
For more information visit their website at: http://www.sjgr.org/

May 2nd at 7pm - Free lecture with photos displays,
equipment displays, EVPs and videos.
Bellmawr Public Library, Bellmawr, NJ
21 E. Browning Road, Bellmawr, NJ 08031
856-933-1319

***
History & Hauntings Tours
Hosted by: Troy Taylor
See the descriptions below or get more information about the tours at
"http://www.prairieghosts.com/tours.html"

Saturday, May 4 - 7:30 PM
New! Spirits of the Civil War Tour
Deluxe Dinner Tour: $45 per person
(Tickets on Sale - Starting March 25)

***
Gettysburg Ghost Conference–Voices from the Past: The Art of EVP
May 4th & 5th, 2002
Hosted by the International Ghost Hunters Society (Website:
www.ghostweb.com )

***
SEMINAR "PARANORMAL PLACES OF SOUTHERN WISCONSIN/NORTHERN ILLINOIS"
Saturday, May 11th 2002 - 1:00 PM
Best Western Conference Center
Janesville, WI 53546
For tickets, visit our website at:
http://www.paranormalresearchgroup.com/Seminar2002.html

LIMITED SEATING AVAILABLE
Admission: $16.00 per person
The Southern Wisconsin Paranormal Research Group is presenting a
seminar focusing on haunted locations in Southern Wisconsin and Northern
Illinois.
Investigators from different locations in Wisconsin and Illinois will
be
presenting video and photo evidence while discussing some of their most
interesting cases. Other areas of interest such as, Investigators
equipment and usage, common types of hauntings and psychic aspects of
paranormal investigations will also be covered.

***
Campout / Ghost Hunt in the ghost town of Sprucevale.
Near East Liverpool, Ohio
Hosted by M.A.J.D.A. Paranormal Investigators ( Website:
http://www.majda.net/ )
May 11th - Date subject to change due to the weather.
Free
Open to members only.
For more info contact John or Lisa at: MAJD-@aol.com

***
History & Hauntings Tours
Hosted by: Troy Taylor
Haunted Greenwood Cemetery walking tours!
Friday night, May 31 and
Cost is $12 per person.
The tour is based on Troy Taylor's new edition of WHERE THE DEAD WALK,
For more information on this tour call toll-free at 1-888-446-7859 or
register at "http://www.prairieghosts.com/tours.html"

***
The Ohio State Reformatory Ghost Hunt
Mansfield, Ohio
May 17th
May 31st
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
For more info visit: http://www.mrps.org/ghost/index.html

***
West Virginia State Penitentiary Ghost Hunt
Moundsville, West Virginia
Hosted by M.A.J.D.A. Paranormal Investigators ( Website:
http://www.majda.net/ )
May 24th - 130 tickets available.
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
Tickets can be ordered at: http://www.majda.net/events.html
For more info contact John or Lisa at: MAJD-@aol.com

***

History & Hauntings Tours
Hosted by: Troy Taylor
See the descriptions below or get more information about the tours at
"http://www.prairieghosts.com/tours.html"

Saturday, May 25 - 7:30 PM
New! Spirits of the Civil War Tour
Standard Ghost Tour: $30 per person
(Tickets on Sale - Starting March 25)

***
Ghost Safari's 2002 Conference,
"Evidence and Enigmas" will convene May 25th all day and into the
evening at the Holiday Inn in Broken Arrow, OK. Ghost hunters,
researchers and paranormal enthusiasts are invited to attend this
informal but jam-packed conference. Featured will be some of the best
ghost investigators in the country presenting the current state of their
research along with photographic, video and audio evidence. The cost is
$30 and includes continental breakfast, afternoon snacks and exciting
door prizes including a Trifield Natural EM Meter, Vivitar 3-D camera,
Gauss Master meters and several other prizes. Attendees will be
encouraged to present their own evidence at several open "Show and Tell"
sessions so bring those photos, videotapes and EVP samples! We'll have
all the state-of-the-art presentation equipment and a bang-up sound
system! The conference will also include vendor and information tables
all in a huge conference room. Email rich-@ghostsafari.com and visit
www.ghostsafari.com for more information and to register on line.

***
JUNE 2002:

History & Hauntings Tours
Hosted by: Troy Taylor
See the description below or get more information about the tours at
"http://www.prairieghosts.com/tours.html"

Saturday, June 1 - 7:30 PM
Special! Haunted Greenwood Cemetery Walking Tour
Decatur, Illinois - Hosted by Troy Taylor
A walking tour of the most haunted cemetery in downstate Illinois, based
on the book "Where the Dead Walk" by Troy Taylor!
Special Thanks to the "Haunted Decatur Tours": $12 per person
(Tickets on Sale - Starting March 25)

***
West Virginia State Penitentiary Ghost Hunt
Moundsville, West Virginia
Hosted by M.A.J.D.A. Paranormal Investigators ( Website:
http://www.majda.net/ )
June 14th - 130 tickets available.
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
Tickets can be ordered at: http://www.majda.net/events.html
For more info contact John or Lisa at: MAJD-@aol.com

***
The Ohio State Reformatory Ghost Hunt
Mansfield, Ohio
June 14th
June 28th
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
For more info visit: http://www.mrps.org/ghost/index.html

***
American Ghost Society 2002 Haunted America National Conference
June 20 - 23, 2002
Hosted by Troy & Amy Taylor (American Ghost Society Founders)
at the History & Hauntings Book Co. Building
515 East Third Street - Haunted Alton, Illinois
Detailed information is available at: "http://www.prairieghosts.com".

***
On June 23-26, 2002, The Academy of Religion and Psychical Research
will sponsor its 27th annual conference on "MEDIUMSHIP: A DOORWAY TO
OTHER DIMENSIONS OF EXISTENCE" at Rosemont College, Rosemont,
Pennsylvania (11 miles west of Philadelphia).
For details of the program and to register, go to the ARPR Web site -
"http://www.lightlink.com/arpr/" - e-mail bat-@infi.net, phone
860-242-4593, or write to ARPR, P.O. Box 614, Bloomfield, CT 06002-0614.

For your information, the ARPR Web site has over 225 links separated
into 24 different categories such as Ghosts/Haunted Places, Near-Death
Experiences, Out-of-Body Experiences, Parapsychology, etc.

***
A special SPIRITS art show featuring photos shot during SPIRITS ghost
hunts, and art by SPIRITS members.
June 28 - Aug. 13
Snooty Judy's Gallery - Dunedin, Florida

Images will include "false positives", spectral shots, and "no result"
pictures that also capture and embody artistic qualities of
photography.
For more info contact Brandy at: sfcf-@scfn.thpl.lib.fl.us
The SPIRITS website is: http://centralflghosts.homestead.com/home.html

***
Campout / Ghost Hunt in the ghost town of Sprucevale.
Near East Liverpool, Ohio
Hosted by M.A.J.D.A. Paranormal Investigators ( Website:
http://www.majda.net/ )
June 29th - Date subject to change due to the weather.
Free
Open to members only.
For more info contact John or Lisa at: MAJD-@aol.com

***
JULY 2002:

West Virginia State Penitentiary Ghost Hunt
Moundsville, West Virginia
Hosted by M.A.J.D.A. Paranormal Investigators ( Website:
http://www.majda.net/ )
July 12th - 130 tickets available.
July 26th - 130 tickets available.
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
Tickets can be ordered at: http://www.majda.net/events.html
For more info contact John or Lisa at: MAJD-@aol.com

***
The Ohio State Reformatory Ghost Hunt
Mansfield, Ohio
July 12th
July 26th
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
For more info visit: http://www.mrps.org/ghost/index.html

***
History & Hauntings Tours
Hosted by: Troy Taylor
See the description below or get more information about the tours at
"http://www.prairieghosts.com/tours.html"

Saturday, July 13 - 6:30 PM
New! Special Ghost Hunter's Tour- "Behind the Scenes" of Haunted Alton!
Alton, Illinois - Hosted by Troy Taylor
A special four-hour ghost hunter's tour, beginning with a presentation
on ghosts, hauntings and ghost hunting by Troy Taylor and then an
in-depth tour of Alton's most haunted places! :$50 per person
(Tickets on Sale - Starting March 25)

***
AUGUST 2002:

The Ohio State Reformatory Ghost Hunt
Mansfield, Ohio
August 2nd
August 16th
August 30th
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
For more info visit: http://www.mrps.org/ghost/index.html

***
West Virginia State Penitentiary Ghost Hunt
Moundsville, West Virginia
Hosted by M.A.J.D.A. Paranormal Investigators ( Website:
http://www.majda.net/ )
August 9th - 130 tickets available.
August 23rd - 130 tickets available.
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
Tickets can be ordered at: http://www.majda.net/events.html
For more info contact John or Lisa at: MAJD-@aol.com

***
SEPTEMBER 2002:

The Ohio State Reformatory Ghost Hunt
Mansfield, Ohio
September 6th
September 14th
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
For more info visit: http://www.mrps.org/ghost/index.html

***
West Virginia State Penitentiary Ghost Hunt
Moundsville, West Virginia
Hosted by M.A.J.D.A. Paranormal Investigators ( Website:
http://www.majda.net/ )
September 20th - 130 tickets available - Last ghost hunt for 2002!
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
Tickets can be ordered at: http://www.majda.net/events.html
For more info contact John or Lisa at: MAJD-@aol.com

***
KateFest 2002 will be held on the weekend of September 28th and 29th in
Adams, Tennessee, and plans are underway for the biggest and best
KateFest ever!
Now in its third year, KateFest provides Bell Witch and other
paranormal enthusiasts the opportunity to swap stories, attend lectures
and workshops dealing with all areas of the paranormal, see stage
productions of the Bell Witch legend, listen to live music, eat good
food, buy or sell paranormal-related books, jewelry and other items,
tour public attractions, and have lots of fun in the heart of "Bell
Witch Country"--Adams, Tennessee. From children to professional ghost
hunters, and to paranormal researchers and skeptics alike--attendees
leave KateFest with a much greater knowledge and appreciation of the
paranormal, lots of good memories, and plenty of new friends.

KateFest 2002 will offer:

* Vendors featuring antiques, books, arts and crafts, jewelry, psychic
readings, spiritual consultation, and much more.
* A panel of experts will discuss various aspects of the Bell Witch and
other popular ghost stories.
* Prominent speakers will present lectures and workshops dealing with
topics such as spirituality, demonology, the Bell Witch, poltergeists,
ghost photography, ghost hunting, UFOs, remote viewing, and many other
topics.
* Authors of Bell Witch and other paranormal-related books will be on
hand to sell and sign copies of their works.
* There will be at least three (3) mystery "dare" type events. These are
generally unprecedented, once-in-a-lifetime events that you DON'T want
to miss! "Mystery" events are limited as to the number of participants,
and are kept secret until the time of the event.
* A full stage production of the Bell Witch legend.
* On-site "guides" dressed in period clothing (1820), representing some
members of the John Bell family and other major characters in the
legend.
* "John Bell" will provide a telling of the story to those who are
either
new to the legend or just want to brush up.
* Musical entertainment ranging from bluegrass to country, to rock, and
who knows what else. Particular acts/showtimes will be announced in the
future.
* Concessions -- standard stuff; e.g., hot dogs, soft drinks, etc.
* There will also be plenty of good ol' Southern cookin,' compliments of
none other than the "Kate's Southern Kitchen Witchery" exhibit.
* Several fantastic KateFest t-shirt designs to choose from.
* Much, much more!

The KateFest Web page ("http://www.katefest.com") is constantly updated
as things come together. Please visit the site today for details on
KateFest 2002!

***
OCTOBER 2002:

HAUNTED NEWPORT
October 1-31, 2002
Newport, Rhode Island
"http://www.hauntednewport.com"

Largest month-long Halloween "spooktacular" in North America
established in 1999 to promote a positive view of Halloween. Featured
over 120 events in 2001,including: Halloween Market, haunted hayrides,
vampire and ghost tours, Halloween parties, murder mysteries, ghost
ships, psychic readings, author book signings, Edgar Allan Poe Weekend,
wizard workshops, Opening Day
Scaremony and more.

***
Campout / Ghost Hunt in the ghost town of Sprucevale.
Near East Liverpool, Ohio
Hosted by M.A.J.D.A. Paranormal Investigators ( Website:
http://www.majda.net/ )
October 19th - Date subject to change due to the weather.
Free
Open to members only.
For more info contact John or Lisa at: MAJD-@aol.com

***
NOVEMBER 2002:
The Ohio State Reformatory Ghost Hunt
Mansfield, Ohio
November 9th
November 23rd - Last ghost hunt for 2002!
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
For more info visit: http://www.mrps.org/ghost/index.html

___________

MEDIA LISTINGS
___________

   The media listing mainly cover the 8pm to 10pm time slots. Most
listed times are Eastern Standard Time. Please check your local listings
for the correct viewing times in your area.

***
ART BELL ( Website: http://www.artbell.com/index.html ):

04/21/02 - Sun/Mon
Host: George Noory
Guest: Daniel David Durda, Ph.D.
Daniel Durda is a Planetary Scientist with Southwest Research
Institute. He has authored 48 scientific publications and given 15
presentations at professional conferences and meetings on the subject of
collisional and dynamical evolution of the asteroids. His space art has
been displayed in several galleries and exhibitions and has appeared in
Sky & Telescope, The Planetary Report, Final Frontier, and Alan Hale's
book Everybody's Comet.
Website: "http://pirl.lpl.arizona.edu/~durda/"

04/22/02 - Mon/Tue
Guest: Hal Lindsey
Website: "http://www.hallindseyoracle.com"

04/23/02 - Tue/Wed
Guest: Peter Von Puttkamer
Peter Von Puttkamer, documentary filmmaker, went on a journey that took
two years and visited five countries in search of the great monsters and
their hunters. He is back from this journey and has incredible stories
to tell about the Jersey Devil, Yowie, Chupacabras and more. Von
Puttkamer has been producing international award-winning films in the
United States and Canada over the last 20 years. His documentaries have
aired on Discovery Channel/TLC (Canada,US, Europe), GLOBAL-TV, C.B.C.,
CTV, S.B.S. (Australian Public Televison) and various Canadian specialty
channels.
Website: "http://www.monsterhunters.com/"
Guest: Jason Walton

Caddy Researcher
Website: "http://members.shaw.ca/caddyscan/"

04/24/02 - Wed/Thu
Guest: James Van Praagh
Van Praagh is recognized as one of the foremost mediums in the world
today. Using his talents as a medium, he has not only helped the
bereaved reach their lost ones and find peace, but he has also
illuminated the mysteries of death, the afterlife, and rebirth.
Website: "http://www.VanPraagh.com/"

04/25/02 - Thu/Fri
Guest: Dr. Stephen La Berge
Stephen LaBerge, Ph.D. is a world-renowned authority on lucid dreaming.
His pioneering studies at Stanford University have brought scientific
attention to this potentially illuminating state of consciousness. For
the past 20 years, Dr. LaBerge has researched methods for teaching
people to become lucid dreamers, developing techniques and lucid
dreaming induction devices. In 1988, he founded the Lucidity Institute.
Website: "Http://www.lucidity.com/"

04/26/02 - Fri/Sat
OPEN LINES

***
TRAVEL:

Sun - 28th at 8pm - World of Mysteries: On the Trail of Bigfoot
Sun - 28th at 9pm - World of Mysteries: Bermuda Triangle
Sun - 28th at 10pm - World of Mysteries: Quest for the Holy Grail
Sun - 28th at 11pm - World of Mysteries: On the Trail of Bigfoot

***
DISCOVERY:

Thu - 25th at 10pm - Beyond Bizarre: Sideshows and Skeletons
TNT:

Tue - 23rd at 8pm - Charmed: Bite Me

***
UPN:

Tue - 23rd at 8pm - Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Older and Far Away

***
SCIFI:

Sunday thru Thursday at 11 and 11:30pm - Crossing Over With John Edwards

Tue - 23rd at 8pm - Outer Limits: Paradise
Wed - 24th at 8pm - Outer Limits: Identity Crisis
Thu - 25th at 8pm - Outer Limits: Dark Matters
Fri - 26th at 8pm - Strange World: Down Came the Rain
Mon - 29th at 8pm - Outer Limits: Double Helix

***
PAX:

Tue - 23rd at 8pm - Mysterious Ways: doctor in the House
Fri - 19th at 9pm - Mysterious Ways: Phoenix

***
DISCOVERY KIDS:

Fri - 26th at 8pm - Truth or Scare: Psychic Science
Fri - 26th at 8:30pm - Truth or Scare: Castle Ghosts of Wales
Sat - 27th at 8pm - Truth or Scare: Wolfman: The Myth and the Science
Sat - 27th at 8:30pm - Truth or Scare: The Truth of Tutankhamun
Sat - 27th at 9pm - Truth or Scare: Castle Ghosts of England
Sat - 27th at 9:30pm - Truth or Scare: Night Vistors
Sat - 27th at 10pm - Truth or Scare: Dracula
Sat - 27th at 10:30pm - Truth or Scare: Wolfman The Myth and the Science
Sat - 27th at 11pm - Truth or Scare: The Truth of Tutankhamun
Sat - 27th at 11:30pm - Truth or Scare: Castle Ghosts of Ireland
Sun - 28th at 8pm - Truth or Scare: Psychic Science
Sun - 21st at 8:30pm - Truth or Scare: Castles Ghost of Wales
Sun - 28th at 9pm - Truth or Scare: Castle Ghosts of Ireland
Sun - 28th at 9:30pm - Truth or Scare: Ghosthunters
Sun - 28th at 10pm - Truth or Scare: UFOs over Phoenix
Sun - 28th at 10:30pm - Truth or Scare: America’s Haunted Houses
Sun - 28th at 11pm - Truth or Scare: Castle Ghosts of Scotland
Sun - 28th at 11:30pm - Truth or Scare: Bigfoot

***
INTERNET RADIO PROGRAMS:

Jeff Rense: Listen at : http://www.sightings.com/
Mon. - Fri. at 7pm to 10 pm Pacific time
Sat. at 9pm to 3am Pacific time
Sun. at 8pm to 11pm Pacific time

***
http://www.pawebcast.cc/