Welcome Guest!
 Haunted Places
 Apr 29, 2002 18:14 PDT

* Seeking Information
* True Experiences
* Upcoming Events
* Media Listings

_____________

FROM THE EDITOR
_____________

From time to time we receive a request from subscribers asking us to
delete their old email address from our list and add their new one. Our
newsletter is sent out thru Topica and due to the way Topica is set up
we are unable to change your email address. This is something your must
yourself thru your Topica account.

_____________

LETTERS TO THE EDITOR
_____________

We invite your letters to the editor. Tell us how you feel about things
in the newsletter or in the ghost hunting community. All letters must be
accompanied by an email address so other readers can respond to you.

***
From Patti at: mikep-@cs.com

What in the world do we teach in our schools these days? The story that
child wrote was horrible, and his/her grammar and English instructor
should be sent to live in the haunted asylum.

***
From Allen Campbell at: Ajrc-@aol.com
Author of "Ghosts at Carlisle Barracks Army War College"

I just came from the 1st annual Independent Ghost Conference in Camp
Hill, Pa hosted by Kelly and John Weaver. to say the least it was a
great experience. Everyone I talked to loved it. The dinner the night
before was terrific. It was held at the Iron Kettle Restaurant. A great
meal topped with great ghost investigations.
The next day, Saturday, April 20, was excellent as well. The lectures
and classes were extremely helpful and very interesting. Some guest
speakers included Kelly Weaver, John Weaver and Troy Taylor. That night
we had a ghost walk of the Rutherford House in Harrisburg,
unbelievable!!!
I am ready for next year. I suggest everyone attend, it truly is a
great convention, everyone was so nice and we got along so well with all
attendees.
Congratulations to Kelly and John for all their hard work putting it
together.

***
From Sue at: sueadk-@hotmail.com

I read the article from "Adrenalin", and I must agree with your
comments. It also would not have hurt for this person to get the date
correct, either. April 14,2002 was a Sunday - I should know, that is my
father's birthday.

***
From John Weaver at: Weav-@aol.com
Feature writer & founding member of the Capital Ghost Forum

Thanks for including and "critiquing" the, uh, "investigation report"
to open your most recent newsletter. Just as during our recent
conference, I showed pictures of dust orbs and other natural objects as
a "how not to" take ghost photos demonstration, this "report" was a
perfect example of how not to approach ghosthunting in general.
It's sad that despite the wealth of information available on the web
dealing with how to conduct investigations, many choose "Fear" and
"Scariest Places..." as their "textbook" and dwell on the overt
sensationalism that drives these programs. (You will recall my recent
comments on the ludicrous assertion by the owner of the Buck Hill Inn
property that our mention of Kelly's work on and dissatisfaction with
"Fear" and not the show itself is what drove many trespassers to the
site. I'm certain that other properties which have appeared on Fear have
encountered similar problems.)
Being regular visitors to the nearby Gettysburg Battlefield, we always
welcome the fine Spring/Summer weather with some trepidation, as it
brings nighttime crowds who disrupt this hallowed ground and dishonor
those who died here fighting for concepts most of these people in search
of a cheap thrill cannot even visualize. These rowdy crowds have caused
the township to close the historic Sachs Bridge area at dusk, and many
of us in the area fear that someday the National Park Service may do the
same for the battlefield itself. (A few years ago, we had a group member
who wanted to defy NPS regulations and "camp out all night at Devils
Den". Needless to say, this individual is no longer associated with us)

There are many different views, techniques and equipment options in
this fascinating field, but no matter which approach we choose, respect
for property (and the spirits themselves) should be paramount. Ron, I
fully support your suggestion that the local authorities be contacted
about the trespassing by these "investigators" and hope that every
serious ghosthunter will adopt a similar stance.

***
From Stacey at: lsjo-@localnet.com
From the Central New York Ghost Hunters Society

I just wanted to comment on the latest issue of the Haunted Places
Report dated 4/23/02.
I have noticed lately the glut of "Paranormal Research" groups out
there that fit the description of "Thrill Seekers" and not a
professional organization intended to investigate paranormal activity in
their areas. I don't think they know what harm they do to people who
seek out the help of Ghost Hunters Group and more importantly, the
people who seek them out. I am outraged of these "Groups" activities and
the trouble they can and do cause. It's obvious that they are people who
want to be entertained and not serious,
Recently I got a call from a client who was upset because a group who
had trespassed in a Cemetery was arrested and passed themselves off as
members of CNY Ghost Hunters. The crime was reported in a local paper
and this upset me because I did not want the public to see that these
people had anything to do with our group the paper printed the article
and stated they were our members. Of course, I have no way getting a
decent retraction printed.
It's hard enough to be taken seriously without having this kind of bad
press and activities taking place. If these people are not serious, they
should go find something else to do, and stop dragging the serious
investigators through the mud.
I also wanted to make a comment that Rick Fisher made about "group
bashing". If it wasn't for Rick Fisher, Dave Oester and Troy Taylor, the
majority of us would not be Ghost Hunters today. We all have to embrace
our differences as Ghost Hunters, because if we were all the same, the
strides we have made would not have taken place.
We all do not agree with the each other, but without these
disagreements this field we have chosen to pursue would not have
exploded into the main stream like it has, and challenged our beliefs.
If we can not count on and come to other groups for help and guidance,
what sense is it to have more than one group? I don't know about you,
but I need to be able to talk to other groups and get opinions and help
when I need it. Not one person knows "everything" about the
Unknown...maybe that is why they call it the "Unknown".

_____________

ANNOUNCEMENTS
_____________

Are you staring a new paranormal investigation group? Is your group
looking for new members? Does your group have an upcoming event? Has
your group done any interesting investigations? Has your group or
members of it appeared on any TV or radio programs? Do you have any
ghostly related news from your local area? If the answer to any of these
questions is “Yes”, please let us know so we can publish the information
in upcoming issues.

***
From Toni at: "tonia-@hotmail.com"

There is a paranormal group in East Texas just forming. We are looking
for members in the East Texas area. Most of us are not very experienced
and are just beginning. We have been eager to learn and have been
sharing our experienced, ideas and information. We have not gone on an
official hunt/investigation as group. (Yahoo groups-Pineywoods
Paranormal) Please join us at the ground level.

***
From: Troy Taylor at: ttay-@prairieghosts.com"

WARNING... there is a new virus that is being spread out there and I am
just finding out about it as I am catching up on my waiting email. I
wanted to warn everyone that if they receive any files through email
that are downloaded at 125 kbs or more, you do NOT want to open them.
These messages will appear to be from someone that you know, but like
many other worm viruses, are using someone's email address and/or
address book to send them out. Watch for over 125 kbs messages with
unusual subject lines and delete them immediately. Be sure to update
your anti-virus programs as well! Rumor has it that several ghost
websites and owners have been targeted, but this may only be a rumor.
Regardless, everyone should be very careful!

Editor’s Note: I have received at least a dozen emails containing a
virus this week. Most of them seem to be coming from AOL addresses. I
urge everyone to use anti-virus software. There are many good anti-virus
programs out there that will scan both your incoming and outgoing email.

__________

FEATURED ARTICLE
__________

Some Thoughts
By Feature Writer John Weaver at: "Weav-@aol.com"

Some thoughts on "Doubles": While reviewing hundreds of photos on my
hard drive to prepare for the conference, I was again reminded that 2
different cameras capturing the same anomaly offer some of the best
evidence possible of paranormal activity. 2 cases from the past year
support this: Last June, at the notorious Moonshine Church, both Ed
Dubil and I had captured the same orb near a large tombstone just prior
to darkness. (We were both about 12-15 ft. from it, and 6-8 ft. apart,
when he said he got something; I shot and captured the same orb - it had
moved perhaps 6-8 inches in my shot
compared to his) Last summer, during a lecture at Sickman's Mill, in
Lancaster County, I got 2 pics of a bright orb "moving" up Kelly's body
as she gave her impressions of a 3rd floor doorway where we later heard
a man was hung. Craig Telesha also captured the same anomaly higher up,
near Kelly's face. Orbs, of course are actually the most common
"anomaly" we capture - and the best example of a natural object being
mis-identified as a supernatural one.
Yet, when we consider that dust particles are actually the source of
most orb photos, and how close they must be to the lens to appear in the
image it makes shots such as those described above that much more
credible. Remember, when you're capturing dust, pollen or other small
particles it is very close to the lens - less than 6 inches. To
illustrate this, intentionally kick up some dust, and take a flash
picture, but do not look thru your viewfinder or screen - hold the
camera so you can see the flash, and you will see small sparkles just
inches from it. (This, of course, will produce a typical "dust cluster"
shot) The point is, when two cameras are many feet apart and capture an
anomaly in the same location, it certainly is not a dust particle!
A few months ago, Ed Dubil and I both captured ecto in the same basic
spot a few seconds apart in Reynolds Woods (Brutus, naturally, was
involved). However, I cannot recall seeing an instance of less-common
anomalies, such as vortices or supercharged orbs captured in "doubles".
Has anyone seen an example of this anywhere? As for IR video, I suggest
coordinating shooting locations for cameras sometime at known "hot"
areas - this would yield some fascinating stuff!

__________

GHOST HUNTING TIP
__________

Do you have a ghost hunting tip you’d like to share with our readers?
Send to us at: Edi-@haunted-places.com

___________

IN THE NEWS
___________

Submitted by Staff Member Linda Davis at: "jldav-@webtv.net"

From Ananova News Service
All copyrights acknowledged
Sex Shop Haunted by Messy Prostitutes' Ghosts

The owners of a sex shop in Kent claim their store is haunted by ghosts
which throw bras and knickers on the floor. Staff at Pillow Talk in
Margate arrive most mornings to find it in a
mess. Boss Alan Butler thinks the shop is haunted by the employees of a
brothel which once stood on the site.
He told the Sunday People the problem wouldn't be so bad if they tidied
up after themselves. He said, "It doesn't matter how tidy we leave the
place - it's wrecked by the next day. It's like an orgy's taken place."
Mr. Butler, 50, has ruled out pranksters, saying only he and his
manager have keys to the shop. He told the newspaper: "I've never really
believed in ghosts but there's definitely something weird going on.
"Knickers and bras are removed from pegs and left littering the floor.
French maid outfits are found lying over the back of chairs and from
door handles."
Shop assistant Sharon O'Connell, added: "It's becoming a pain. It takes
ages to clear up as the clothes have to be put back in the correct order
of sizes."
Mr. Butler is considering bringing in a psychic to try and solve the
problem.

___________

INVESTIGATIVE RESULTS
___________

Has your group recently completely an interesting or unusual
investigation. We’d love to hear about it! Tell us a little history
about the site, why it is considered haunted, and the results of your
investigation. Email your report to: Edi-@haunted-places.com . Be sure
to put Investigative Results in the subject line.

_____________

WEBSITE OF THE MONTH
_____________

After many months we are finally bringing back our Haunted Places
Website of the Month Award! Do you have a favorite ghostly website that
you think should win our award? If so please email the URL and your
reason that you think the site should win an award to:
Edi-@haunted-places.com

***
We are currently seeking nominations for the April Website of the month.
Send your suggestions!!!!

_____________

SEEKING INFORMATION
___________

email the senders.

***
From: "babyjes-@cox.net"

I’m looking for a place I saw on the Travel Channel. It was about a
haunted hotel that had been turned into a hospital. The hospital sits on
40 acres of land with 4 hot spring lakes. I’m not sure were it is, I do
know it is for sale. If anyone has any info please email me.

***
From ..Melissa at: Mjtoa-@aol.com"

I am REALLY interested in paranormal "things". Recently I saw a movie
on Lifetime TV called "Victim of the Haunt"; The Haunting of Emma
Johnson.
In the movie, the woman's name was "Patty". Anyway, she and her husband
Charles were haunted by Mr. Parrish. After moving into a newly built
home, the home displaced the Parrish family graveyard.
This was based on real happenings. I'm curious to know more about the
story; the "less Hollywood" version. If you are aware of a book or
website that may be useful to me, I'd greatly appreciate your response.
I don't know if the movie said what city in PA. I just know it was PA.
near lemon orchards!

***
From: Brandy B. Stark at: sfcf-@scfn.thpl.lib.fl.us"
Feature writer

I'm reading a book that has some technical info on paranormal
experiments. One thing it talks about is EVP....it recommends having a
white or pink noise generator.
This is a bit new to me. I don't think the SPIRITS group have ever used
a white noise generator when doing EVP. I thought it was also
interesting that it recommended AGAINST using digital
recorders....preferring external mikes on tape recorders.
If a white/pink noise generator is not available, running water, static
from an a.m. station, or in between stations on TV, also works. The idea
is that these white noise energy fields augment PSY energy by allowing
additional energy fields (I think).
I wanted to learn what others thought of this, or if anyone practiced
similar techniques with their EVP experiments.

***

From Goodyne-@aol.com

Does any have any information on haunted places, tours, websites, etc.,
in Italy?

___________

TRUE EXPERIENCES
___________

From: "Kay1-@worldnet.att.net"

Michigan
The event that will always be forever etched into my mind is one that
happened the night my uncle died. It happened on April 27th, 1995. I
stayed up late that night so I could watch one of my favorite movies
(The Secret Garden) which I had on video tape. In the middle of the
movie I found myself crying for no reason. The tears just started to
flow down my cheeks. Shaking my head, I started laughing at myself; the
movie wasn't really a tearful movie so I had no idea what I was crying
about.
I decided to shut the movie off and go to bed. I stuck with the same
routine I always had when going to bed. First I changed into my pajamas,
then I brushed my teeth and washed my face. Next I just off all the
lights and went into my dark bedroom. I went to my bed, which at the
time was positioned beside my closet near the door, and climbed on it to
get into bed. As I started to crawl towards the head of my bed a felt
someone watching me. I looked towards the closet but I didn't see a
thing. But I could actually feel something or someone there. I closed my
eyes and said a quick prayer to keep me safe. I laid down and closed my
eyes.
That's when a strange feeling of calm came over me. I wasn't frightened
of the thing by my bed any longer. As I was drifting off to sleep I
smelled the faint pungent smell of pipe tobacco. I knew then that it was
my Grandfather (who incidentally passed away when I was six years old)
standing by my bed. Then later that same night my mother burst through
my bedroom door crying hysterically that she had to go to the hospital
because my uncle--her brother--wasn't breathing. Later I learned that my
uncle died of a major heart attack. I know to this day that my
grandfather came to me that night to warn and comfort me of the upcoming
events. And the grandfather that came was my mother's father.

***
From: Elizabeth at: "tabooz-@cs.com"

I'm from a little town in South Carolina and ghost stories get around
pretty much to everyone. But there is one story in particular that I've
had a personal experience with.
The story goes that about 30 years ago, a woman by the name of Mary was
driving along a small back road in what is now Greenville County (Brushy
Creek Rd.) when her car stalled on a bridge. It was dark and she was
afraid, but she left the security of her car to find help. Upon emerging
from the car, a man approached her. He stabbed her and killed her,
throwing her body off the side of the bridge. That was years ago, of
course, and these days, due to the amount of subdivisions that have
popped up around the bridge, the story had been bottled up and mostly
forgotten. But some friends and I heard the haunted tale of the bridge.
Supposedly, you are to take your car and stop in on the bridge. The
ghost of Mary, who doesn't want you to meet the same fate she did, will
push your car up the bridge to the top of the hill. I must admit, upon
seeing the bridge, which is at the very bottom of a steep hill on both
sides, I didn't think anything would happen.
So my friends and I stopped our car, put it in neutral and turned
off the engine. We waited for several minutes, and nothing happened.
Then our car began to move slightly. We sat there in silence as our car
moved up the hill. It began slowly, then increased to a pretty good
speed. We were pushed all the way to the top of the hill. I am here to
tell you, I was scared senseless.
We drove to a nearby gas station to calm ourselves. We
got out, and someone noted the handprints on the back of the bumper.
Real handprints! Two of them. I encourage anyone whose ever doubted
ghost stories to try the Sugar Creek Bridge.

___________

UPCOMING EVENTS
___________

For complete details of all events listed in this section please visit:
http://www.haunted-places.com/tours.htm

***
MAY 2002:
South Jersey Ghost Research will be conducting the following lecture.
For more information visit their website at: http://www.sjgr.org/

May 2nd at 7pm - Free lecture with photos displays,
equipment displays, EVPs and videos.
Bellmawr Public Library, Bellmawr, NJ
21 E. Browning Road, Bellmawr, NJ 08031
856-933-1319

***
History & Hauntings Tours
Hosted by: Troy Taylor
See the descriptions below or get more information about the tours at
"http://www.prairieghosts.com/tours.html"

Saturday, May 4 - 7:30 PM
New! Spirits of the Civil War Tour
Deluxe Dinner Tour: $45 per person
(Tickets on Sale - Starting March 25)

***
Gettysburg Ghost Conference–Voices from the Past: The Art of EVP
May 4th & 5th, 2002
Hosted by the International Ghost Hunters Society (Website:
www.ghostweb.com )

***
SEMINAR "PARANORMAL PLACES OF SOUTHERN WISCONSIN/NORTHERN ILLINOIS"
Saturday, May 11th 2002 - 1:00 PM
Best Western Conference Center
Janesville, WI 53546
For tickets, visit our website at:
http://www.paranormalresearchgroup.com/Seminar2002.html

LIMITED SEATING AVAILABLE
Admission: $16.00 per person
The Southern Wisconsin Paranormal Research Group is presenting a
seminar focusing on haunted locations in Southern Wisconsin and Northern
Illinois.
Investigators from different locations in Wisconsin and Illinois will
be presenting video and photo evidence while discussing some of their
most interesting cases. Other areas of interest such as, Investigators
equipment and usage, common types of hauntings and psychic aspects of
paranormal investigations will also be covered.

***
Campout / Ghost Hunt in the ghost town of Sprucevale.
Near East Liverpool, Ohio
Hosted by M.A.J.D.A. Paranormal Investigators ( Website:
http://www.majda.net/ )
May 11th - Date subject to change due to the weather.
Free
Open to members only.
For more info contact John or Lisa at: MAJD-@aol.com

***
History & Hauntings Tours
Hosted by: Troy Taylor
Haunted Greenwood Cemetery walking tours!
Friday night, May 31 and
Cost is $12 per person.
The tour is based on Troy Taylor's new edition of WHERE THE DEAD WALK,
For more information on this tour call toll-free at 1-888-446-7859 or
register at "http://www.prairieghosts.com/tours.html"

***
The Ohio State Reformatory Ghost Hunt
Mansfield, Ohio
May 17th
May 31st
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
For more info visit: http://www.mrps.org/ghost/index.html

***
West Virginia State Penitentiary Ghost Hunt
Moundsville, West Virginia
Hosted by M.A.J.D.A. Paranormal Investigators ( Website:
http://www.majda.net/ )
May 24th - 130 tickets available.
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
Tickets can be ordered at: http://www.majda.net/events.html
For more info contact John or Lisa at: MAJD-@aol.com

***

History & Hauntings Tours
Hosted by: Troy Taylor
See the descriptions below or get more information about the tours at
"http://www.prairieghosts.com/tours.html"

Saturday, May 25 - 7:30 PM
New! Spirits of the Civil War Tour
Standard Ghost Tour: $30 per person
(Tickets on Sale - Starting March 25)

***
Ghost Safari's 2002 Conference,
"Evidence and Enigmas" will convene May 25th all day and into the
evening at the Holiday Inn in Broken Arrow, OK. Ghost hunters,
researchers and paranormal enthusiasts are invited to attend this
informal but jam-packed conference. Featured will be some of the best
ghost investigators in the country presenting the current state of their
research along with photographic, video and audio evidence. The cost is
$30 and includes continental breakfast, afternoon snacks and exciting
door prizes including a Trifield Natural EM Meter, Vivitar 3-D camera,
Gauss Master meters and several other prizes. Attendees will be
encouraged to present their own evidence at several open "Show and Tell"
sessions so bring those photos, videotapes and EVP samples! We'll have
all the state-of-the-art presentation equipment and a bang-up sound
system! The conference will also include vendor and information tables
all in a huge conference room. Email rich-@ghostsafari.com and visit
www.ghostsafari.com for more information and to register on line.

***
JUNE 2002:

History & Hauntings Tours
Hosted by: Troy Taylor
See the description below or get more information about the tours at
"http://www.prairieghosts.com/tours.html"

Saturday, June 1 - 7:30 PM
Special! Haunted Greenwood Cemetery Walking Tour
Decatur, Illinois - Hosted by Troy Taylor
A walking tour of the most haunted cemetery in downstate Illinois, based
on the book "Where the Dead Walk" by Troy Taylor!
Special Thanks to the "Haunted Decatur Tours": $12 per person
(Tickets on Sale - Starting March 25)

***
West Virginia State Penitentiary Ghost Hunt
Moundsville, West Virginia
Hosted by M.A.J.D.A. Paranormal Investigators ( Website:
http://www.majda.net/ )
June 14th - 130 tickets available.
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
Tickets can be ordered at: http://www.majda.net/events.html
For more info contact John or Lisa at: MAJD-@aol.com

***
The Ohio State Reformatory Ghost Hunt
Mansfield, Ohio
June 14th
June 28th
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
For more info visit: http://www.mrps.org/ghost/index.html

***
American Ghost Society 2002 Haunted America National Conference
June 20 - 23, 2002
Hosted by Troy & Amy Taylor (American Ghost Society Founders)
at the History & Hauntings Book Co. Building
515 East Third Street - Haunted Alton, Illinois
Detailed information is available at: "http://www.prairieghosts.com".

***
On June 23-26, 2002, The Academy of Religion and Psychical Research
will sponsor its 27th annual conference on "MEDIUMSHIP: A DOORWAY TO
OTHER DIMENSIONS OF EXISTENCE" at Rosemont College, Rosemont,
Pennsylvania (11 miles west of Philadelphia).
For details of the program and to register, go to the ARPR Web site -
"http://www.lightlink.com/arpr/" - e-mail bat-@infi.net, phone
860-242-4593, or write to ARPR, P.O. Box 614, Bloomfield, CT 06002-0614.

For your information, the ARPR Web site has over 225 links separated
into 24 different categories such as Ghosts/Haunted Places, Near-Death
Experiences, Out-of-Body Experiences, Parapsychology, etc.

***
A special SPIRITS art show featuring photos shot during SPIRITS ghost
hunts, and art by SPIRITS members.
June 28 - Aug. 13
Snooty Judy's Gallery - Dunedin, Florida

Images will include "false positives", spectral shots, and "no result"
pictures that also capture and embody artistic qualities of
photography.
For more info contact Brandy at: sfcf-@scfn.thpl.lib.fl.us
The SPIRITS website is: http://centralflghosts.homestead.com/home.html

***
Campout / Ghost Hunt in the ghost town of Sprucevale.
Near East Liverpool, Ohio
Hosted by M.A.J.D.A. Paranormal Investigators ( Website:
http://www.majda.net/ )
June 29th - Date subject to change due to the weather.
Free
Open to members only.
For more info contact John or Lisa at: MAJD-@aol.com

***
JULY 2002:

West Virginia State Penitentiary Ghost Hunt
Moundsville, West Virginia
Hosted by M.A.J.D.A. Paranormal Investigators ( Website:
http://www.majda.net/ )
July 12th - 130 tickets available.
July 26th - 130 tickets available.
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
Tickets can be ordered at: http://www.majda.net/events.html
For more info contact John or Lisa at: MAJD-@aol.com

***
The Ohio State Reformatory Ghost Hunt
Mansfield, Ohio
July 12th
July 26th
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
For more info visit: http://www.mrps.org/ghost/index.html

***
History & Hauntings Tours
Hosted by: Troy Taylor
See the description below or get more information about the tours at
"http://www.prairieghosts.com/tours.html"

Saturday, July 13 - 6:30 PM
New! Special Ghost Hunter's Tour- "Behind the Scenes" of Haunted Alton!
Alton, Illinois - Hosted by Troy Taylor
A special four-hour ghost hunter's tour, beginning with a presentation
on ghosts, hauntings and ghost hunting by Troy Taylor and then an
in-depth tour of Alton's most haunted places! :$50 per person
(Tickets on Sale - Starting March 25)

***
The Haunted West Virginia 2002 Ghost Hunters Conference will take place
on July 19th, 20th & 21st in downtown Parkersburg, West Virginia at the
haunted and historic Blennerhassett Hotel.
Speakers include Troy Taylor, Chanda Wright, Susan Sheppard, Richard
Southall, Donnie Sargeant and Jeff Wamsley.
Registration begins at 6:00 p.m. on Friday the 19th, in the Charleston
Ballroom at the hotel. For more info, go to
"http://www.hauntedparkersburg.com" or email directly to Susan Sheppard
at "shep-@wirefire.com" For a brochure or card with special
conference rates (around $60.00) write to Haunted WV 2002 Ghost
Conference with SASE at 917 26th Street, Parkersburg, WV 26104 or call
(304) 428-7978

***
AUGUST 2002:

The Ohio State Reformatory Ghost Hunt
Mansfield, Ohio
August 2nd
August 16th
August 30th
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
For more info visit: http://www.mrps.org/ghost/index.html

***
West Virginia State Penitentiary Ghost Hunt
Moundsville, West Virginia
Hosted by M.A.J.D.A. Paranormal Investigators ( Website:
http://www.majda.net/ )
August 9th - 130 tickets available.
August 23rd - 130 tickets available.
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
Tickets can be ordered at: http://www.majda.net/events.html
For more info contact John or Lisa at: MAJD-@aol.com

***
SEPTEMBER 2002:

The Ohio State Reformatory Ghost Hunt
Mansfield, Ohio
September 6th
September 14th
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
For more info visit: http://www.mrps.org/ghost/index.html

***
West Virginia State Penitentiary Ghost Hunt
Moundsville, West Virginia
Hosted by M.A.J.D.A. Paranormal Investigators ( Website:
http://www.majda.net/ )
September 20th - 130 tickets available - Last ghost hunt for 2002!
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
Tickets can be ordered at: http://www.majda.net/events.html
For more info contact John or Lisa at: MAJD-@aol.com

***
KateFest 2002 will be held on the weekend of September 28th and 29th in
Adams, Tennessee, and plans are underway for the biggest and best
KateFest ever!
Now in its third year, KateFest provides Bell Witch and other
paranormal enthusiasts the opportunity to swap stories, attend lectures
and workshops dealing with all areas of the paranormal, see stage
productions of the Bell Witch legend, listen to live music, eat good
food, buy or sell paranormal-related books, jewelry and other items,
tour public attractions, and have lots of fun in the heart of "Bell
Witch Country"--Adams, Tennessee. From children to professional ghost
hunters, and to paranormal researchers and skeptics alike--attendees
leave KateFest with a much greater knowledge and appreciation of the
paranormal, lots of good memories, and plenty of new friends.

KateFest 2002 will offer:

* Vendors featuring antiques, books, arts and crafts, jewelry, psychic
readings, spiritual consultation, and much more.
* A panel of experts will discuss various aspects of the Bell Witch and
other popular ghost stories.
* Prominent speakers will present lectures and workshops dealing with
topics such as spirituality, demonology, the Bell Witch, poltergeists,
ghost photography, ghost hunting, UFOs, remote viewing, and many other
topics.
* Authors of Bell Witch and other paranormal-related books will be on
hand to sell and sign copies of their works.
* There will be at least three (3) mystery "dare" type events. These are
generally unprecedented, once-in-a-lifetime events that you DON'T want
to miss! "Mystery" events are limited as to the number of participants,
and are kept secret until the time of the event.
* A full stage production of the Bell Witch legend.
* On-site "guides" dressed in period clothing (1820), representing some
members of the John Bell family and other major characters in the
legend.
* "John Bell" will provide a telling of the story to those who are
either new to the legend or just want to brush up.
* Musical entertainment ranging from bluegrass to country, to rock, and
who knows what else. Particular acts/showtimes will be announced in the
future.
* Concessions -- standard stuff; e.g., hot dogs, soft drinks, etc.
* There will also be plenty of good ol' Southern cookin,' compliments of
none other than the "Kate's Southern Kitchen Witchery" exhibit.
* Several fantastic KateFest t-shirt designs to choose from.
* Much, much more!

The KateFest Web page ("http://www.katefest.com") is constantly updated
as things come together. Please visit the site today for details on
KateFest 2002!

***
OCTOBER 2002:

HAUNTED NEWPORT
October 1-31, 2002
Newport, Rhode Island
"http://www.hauntednewport.com"

Largest month-long Halloween "spooktacular" in North America
established in 1999 to promote a positive view of Halloween. Featured
over 120 events in 2001,including: Halloween Market, haunted hayrides,
vampire and ghost tours, Halloween parties, murder mysteries, ghost
ships, psychic readings, author book signings, Edgar Allan Poe Weekend,
wizard workshops, Opening Day
Scaremony and more.

***
Campout / Ghost Hunt in the ghost town of Sprucevale.
Near East Liverpool, Ohio
Hosted by M.A.J.D.A. Paranormal Investigators ( Website:
http://www.majda.net/ )
October 19th - Date subject to change due to the weather.
Free
Open to members only.
For more info contact John or Lisa at: MAJD-@aol.com

***
NOVEMBER 2002:
The Ohio State Reformatory Ghost Hunt
Mansfield, Ohio
November 9th
November 23rd - Last ghost hunt for 2002!
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
For more info visit: http://www.mrps.org/ghost/index.html

___________

MEDIA LISTINGS
___________

   The media listing mainly cover the 8pm to 10pm time slots. Most
listed times are Eastern Standard Time. Please check your local listings
for the correct viewing times in your area.

***
ART BELL ( Website: http://www.artbell.com/index.html ):

04/29/02 - Mon/Tue
Guest: Nancy Sinatra
Website: "http://www.nancysinatra.com/"
Website: "http://www.sinatrafamily.com/"

Guest: Hal Lindsey
Website: "http://www.hallindseyoracle.com"

04/30/02 - Tue/Wed
Guest: Donald Wulfinghoff
Donald Wulfinghoff is one of the world's top experts on energy
conservation and alternative energy sources. He is a professional
engineer, licensed stationary engineer, certified automotive mechanic,
and licensed broadcast engineer. He is a founder of the ASHRAE Energy
Awards design competition. He has developed efficiency programs for
hundreds of facilities. He served on panels of the National Academy of
Sciences devoted to improving engineering practice. He is president of
Wulfinghoff Energy Services, Inc., which he established to advance the
standards of performance in energy conservation.
Website: "http://www.energybooks.com/"

05/01/02 - Wed/Thu
Guest: Tom Cameron
Tom Cameron, "The Human Stun Gun", has been involved in martial arts
for over thirty years and has developed the ability to knock down, knock
out or shut an attacker's organs off. The technique requires little more
than a touch and in many instances just the intent without physical
contact is sufficient.

05/02/02 - Thu/Fri
Guest: William J. Baldwin, Ph.D.
Dr. William Baldwin knows that evil exists. During his practice as a
dentist, Dr. Baldwin noticed that, while under anesthetic, some patients
exhibited a frightening dark side. Curious and unsettled by what he
witnessed, Dr. Baldwin decided to further explore this unusual
phenomenon. As a counselor and therapist, he developed a unique
cross-cultural approach to confronting the sinister forces that prey
upon humankind.
Website: "http://www.spiritreleasement.org/"

05/03/02 - Fri/Sat
OPEN LINES

***
ABC FAMILY CHANNEL:

Sat- 4th at 10pm - Movie: The Haunting of Sarah Hardy

***
COMEDY CHANNEL:

Tue - 30th at 7:30pm - Moive: Ghostbusters II

***
UPN:

Tue - 30th at 8pm - Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Seeing Red

***
SCIFI:

Sunday thru Thursday at 11 and 11:30pm - Crossing Over With John Edwards

Tue - 30 at 8pm - Outer Limits: The Orgin of the Species
Wed - 1st at 8pm - Outer Limits: First Anniversary
Thu - 2nd at 8pm - Outer Limits: Music of Spheres
Fri - 3rd at 8pm - Strange World: Age of Reason

***
PAX:

Tue - 30th at 8pm - Mysterious Ways

***
DISCOVERY KIDS:

Fri - 3rd at 8pm - Truth or Scare: Dracula
Fri - 3rd at 8:30pm - Truth or Scare: Wolfman: The Myth and the Science
Sat - 4th at 8pm - Truth or Scare: Castle Ghosts of Ireland
Sat - 4th at 8:30pm - Truth or Scare: Ghosthunters
Sun - 4th at 8pm - Truth or Scare: Castle Ghosts of England
Sun - 5th at 8:30pm - Truth or Scare: Night Vistors

***
INTERNET RADIO PROGRAMS:

Jeff Rense: Listen at : http://www.sightings.com/
Mon. - Fri. at 7pm to 10 pm Pacific time
Sat. at 9pm to 3am Pacific time
Sun. at 8pm to 11pm Pacific time

***
http://www.pawebcast.cc/