Welcome Guest!
 Haunted Places
 May 06, 2002 11:14 PDT

* Seeking Information
* True Experiences
* Upcoming Events
* Media Listings

_____________

FROM THE EDITOR
_____________

From time to time we receive a request from subscribers asking us to
delete their old email address from our list and add their new one. Our
newsletter is sent out thru Topica and due to the way Topica is set up
we are unable to change your email address. This is something your must
yourself thru your Topica account.

***
I’ll be a guest on "Exploring Unexplained Phenomena", hosted by Scott
H. Colborn. “Exploring Unexplained Phenomena" radio program is broadcast
by The KZUM 89.3 FM out of Lincoln, NE, USA. It has been on-air since
1984, making it one of the world's longest-running paranormal talk radio
programs.
The episode I’ll be on will be airing on Saturday, May 18th, 2002, from
10 - 11: 30 am Central Time (11 am - 12:30 pm Eastern). Listeners will
be welcome to call in questions during the show at: 402-474-5086.
Scott is the former International Director of the Fortean Research
Center (now defunct) which was based in Lincoln, NE. They did a series
of 8 international conferences on the paranormal in Lincoln, with a
wide range of speakers and topics.
Additionally, he was the former State Director for the Mutual UFO
Network for Nebraska, and helped to found and continue to facilitate a
"UFO/Paranormal Support Group of Lincoln, NE," meeting since
1988. Scott has done the "E.U.P." radio program since 1984 as well.
The website for his store “The Way Home Music & Books” can be found at:
"http://www.thewayhomestore.com" .

_____________

LETTERS TO THE EDITOR
_____________

We invite your letters to the editor. Tell us how you feel about things
in the newsletter or in the ghost hunting community. All letters must be
accompanied by an email address so other readers can respond to you.

***
From Billy York at: Boxer-@aol.com
Formerly of: North Texas Paranormal Investigation and Research Studies

I just wanted to make a statement about the virus info that is going
around. I feel I was targeted in a major way. I was sent a worm virus,
it completely wiped out my computer! Once I had everything repaired,
which was 3 days later, I got about 45 emails at various times telling
me that if I did not remove my web site from the Internet, I would be
plagued by virus and other means if necessary until it was removed!
I thought it over and figured it would be easier to avoid the problems
if I did remove it, so I did. Since the day it was removed, I have not
received another email virus. Someone is out there that is trying to
destroy the research that is going on. I just wanted to pass this along.

_____________

ANNOUNCEMENTS
_____________

Are you staring a new paranormal investigation group? Is your group
looking for new members? Does your group have an upcoming event? Has
your group done any interesting investigations? Has your group or
members of it appeared on any TV or radio programs? Do you have any
ghostly related news from your local area? If the answer to any of these
questions is “Yes”, please let us know so we can publish the information
in upcoming issues.

***
From Feature Writer Kelly Weaver at: Weav-@aol.com

How is everyone making out since the Independent Ghost Hunters
conference? I want to thank all of you for helping make it a success. It
was a highlight of my life for sure. To see it all come to life as I had
it in my head was amazing!
I would appreciate if you have any good photos/etc. to send them. I'd
love to check them out. If they are really great, we will put them on
our site, (with your permission of course, and give you the credit).
We are planning on another conference next year and plan to make it an
annual event. Who needs to be sane? huh?
I am also going to write for a new magazine called Paranormal
Pennsylvania. I'll keep you updated!
Here is a neat site done by Craig Telesha (who attended the
conference). It includes the rundown on what we did and some photos.
Interesting site: http://www.netlocity.net/ghost/
Please visit it!

***
From Feature Writer Brandy Stark at: "stark_-@hotmail.com"

I got Second Place in a ghost photo contest! I am so excited! Some
months ago I entered the ghost photo contest, evidentially
won! I received the following email:
Congratulations! you are the Second Place winner in the HORRORFIND
Ghost Photo contest. The prize you have won is "$25.00 and an
AUTOGRAPHED COPY OF GHOSTS AMONG US by Mollie Stewart".

Editor’s note: Congrats Brandy!!!

__________

FEATURED ARTICLE
__________

What is a Ghost?
By Feature Writer Brandy Stark at: sfcf-@scfn.thpl.lib.fl.us

Ghosts as we define them, are the appearances of the spirits of the
dead in a form visible to the living. One way to look at it is this:
What is the difference between life and death? Basically, it is the
possession of energy vs. the lack of energy. According to science,
energy can neither be created nor destroyed; it can only change forms.
If this is so, what happens to the energy that animates a living being?
There are a variety of answers found in religions, beliefs, and
philosophies the world over. For the ghost hunter, one possibility is
that this energy manifests itself in the form of a ghost.

Terms to know:

Parapsychology:
The field of study that relates to ghosts, ESP, and extra-ordinary
feats of the mind. It is a separate field from the paranormal and the
occult. Psychic research investigations are made by specially trained
people trying to find the reasons behind reported ghostly haunting.
Investigations normally start by sorting through the evidence and
eliminating any natural cause that might be mistaken for a haunting. The
aim of psychic research is to discover what the forces are which produce
ghostly events.

Types of Ghosts:

Site Hauntings:
An event or memory that has been "recorded" by the surrounding area and
is periodically witnessed being "played back". These ghosts can be seen
at different times and by different people. The ghost, however, is the
same person doing the same activity, over and over again, usually in the
same location. It seems to be totally unaware of living people.

Apparitions - purposeful ghosts:
A ghost that interacts with its surroundings or with the living. This
is what many people identify as a "ghost". Apparitions often give
warnings or messages to the living, usually to friends or close family,
rarely to strangers.

Living ghosts:
Strangely enough, many ghosts that are reported are of living people.
In this situation, a witness suddenly sees the ghost of a friend or
relative. Later, it is revealed that the person was in great distress
during the time of the manifestation. Such ghosts usually appear only
once. The person who manifests may report an OBE, or out of body
experience, at the same time the phantom manifested.
Example: A woman in England saw the phantom of her brother appear to her
during WWII. It was late at night, the image stood at the foot of her
bed, and had no face, but she knew it was her brother. The next day she
found out that her brother’s plane had been shot down. He had been
injured, but not killed. He crashed just at the tie she saw his image.
He remembers thinking of his sister as the plane crashed…wondering if he
would see her again.

Poltergeists: Poltergeists seem to be different for "normal ghosts."
They are usually annoying, angry, and target a person or a group or
people to torment. Objects behave very oddly, either becoming too hot to
handle, moving through doors or windows too small to let them through,
and appearing and/or disappearing. Poltergeist activity usually happens
when peoples between he ages of 12 and 16 are present, though its not
known why. One theory supposes that the minds of an adolescent may
psychokinetic energy. A less common theory believes that poltergeists
are individual entities attracted to the sexual energies of adolescents.

History:
Ghosts first appear in the Epic of Gilgamesh, written in 2, 000 BCE 94,
000 years ago). It tells of the hero and the specter of his dead friend
who appears to tell them of the underworld. Greek and Roman lore holds
many ghost stories.

Manifestations:
Many injuries reported from ghost sightings occur because the witness
panics and attempts to flee, often not paying attention to where they
are heading. To prepare anyone who might see a ghost here are some local
signs of spirit manifestation:

Cold Spots:
Ghosts are thought to create cold spots. These are usually localized
areas of unusual cold. They may also form as cold winds, or sudden drop
in temperature (like a refrigerator door being open and closed
suddenly). One theory believe that ghosts absorb a certain amount of
energy when they manifest in an area, thus creating a sensation of cold
to the living who often generate some of this energy. Occasionally, some
report feeling warm spots or heat generated by the entities.

Sudden Strange Behavior by animals:
If an animal suddenly acts in a hostile or scared manner for no
apparent reason, a ghost may be present. Some animals are known to be
more aware of ghosts than are people. They can be sensitive to the
changes in the local atmosphere that ghostly manifestation creates.
Animals may appear to be barking at nothing, lick the air, stare at a
spot for prolonged periods of time, or follow movement for which you can
find no known source.

Not everyone can see a ghost. There are different levels of ghostly
perception During a ghostly manifestation in a room full of people, some
may see a ghost, some may hear it, some may "sense" a change in the
room, while others may experience nothing.

Forms:
They may manifest as columns or balls of light, geometric shape,
animals, or as people. Their age may be older or younger than when they
died and the clothing is also variable.
Ghosts may also appear in photographic images. Often they show up only
when the film is developed as flashes of light or as shadowy images in
the picture. Many times these images can be scientifically explained or
fraud may be involved. However, a small percentage of the pictures
cannot be explained; it is those that scientists and amateur ghost
hunters study. Once again, not everyone has the ability to take ghost
pictures; some relate it to a form of psychic ability to imprint ghostly
manifestations on film.

***
From the
Shadowlands Newsletter
Website: http://theshadowlands.net/ghost/
All copyrights acknowledged

An Introduction to the History of Ghosts and Hauntings Pt 1
By James L. Choron at: "ji-@theshadowlands.net"

Everyone studies History while they are in school. It is a required
subject all the way through University. one that many of us
dread., because it is often taught as nothing more than a collection
of dry, "facts, names and dates". But. what if we were to examine
history in another way. in a different light?
What if we call it "History of Ghosts and Haunting 101"?
It's not that strange a notion. Paranormal activity has been with
us all through history. and before. If one counts the oral traditions
that have been handed down from generation to generation. But certainly,
we have accounts all through the "historic" period. that time, spanning
the last six to seven thousand years, in which the events of man have
been recorded in writing. Writing, that's the difference between
"history" and "pre- history", you know. History is, by definition, the
"written record of mankind". It is also, in many cases, the written
record of the spirit world, as well.
One of the very earliest reports of ghosts or hauntings comes to us
from Herodotus, a 5th-century B.C. Greek historian. According to
his writings, Periander, a 5th-century B.C. tyrant in the city of
Corinth, was visited by his wife, who returned from the dead to help
Periander find an object he had lost.
The noted Roman statesman and author Cicero (106-43 B.C.) told the
story of Simonides, who, in an act of kindness, buried the body of a
stranger. The stranger returned the kindness, later, by appearing
to Simonides and advising him not to board a ship on which he intended
to sail. Simonides heeded the warning, and it saved his
life. The ship was lost at sea. Over the years, centuries, in fact,
Ghosts and Hauntings continued to appear in classical Greek
and Roman literature, and a few examples include:

- The spirit of Patroclus appeared to Achilles during the siege of
Troy, asking to be properly cremated. He also brought the bad news
that Achilles, himself, would die on the plains before the City of
Troy.
- The wife of Aeneas was burned during the sacking of Troy but
returned from the dead to console her grieving husband.
- Ulysses was visited by the ghost of Elpenor, one of his
crewmembers who fell to his death on Circe's Island. Elpenor asked
that Ulysses return to the island to suitably bury his body.
- Roman emperor Caligula was assassinated and then quickly
cremated. He haunted the Lamian Gardens where his ashes were buried
until he was finally given what he considered a burial befitting an
emperor. He also was said to haunt the theater where he was murdered
until that structure was destroyed by fire some years later.
- Roman poet Ovid (43 B.C.-A.D. 18) speaks of the spirit of the
murdered Remus returning to name his killer.
- In "De Divinatione", Cicero describes two men staying at a tavern, in
which the innkeeper murders one of the men. His ghost then appears to
his friend to tell him where his body is hidden, and who killed him, so
that he may be decently buried.
- The Greek biographer Plutarch (A.D. 46?-120?), in his "Life
of Cimon", writes that the baths at Chaeronea were haunted. The
ghost was reported to be that of Damon, a violent man who was
murdered there and who returned regularly to moan and make other
noises that were so disturbing the baths were eventually sealed up
by nearby residents.

What may be the first written account of a haunted house can be
found in a letter written by Roman author, statesman and orator
Pliny the Younger (A.D. 62?-c.113). He wrote to his patron, Lucias Sura,
about a villa in Athens, which no one would rent the home because of its
resident ghost, who would scare overnight guests so badly that they
would abandon their belongings in a hasty escape from the place.
The spirit would awaken the household with the clanking of chains
and other horrific noises that would grow louder and louder, until,
suddenly, the hideous form of an old man would appear, complete with a
long, matted beard and disheveled white hair. He was the very
picture of abject filth and misery. His thick legs were loaded down
with heavy chains, which he was cursed to drag wearily along with
low, painful moans. His wrists were shackled, and he would stop
every so often to raise his arms and shake his bonds in either an
attempt to frighten those who saw him or in show of anger and
frustration at his miserable state of affairs.
The notorious reputation of the villa did not, however, stop
Athenian philosopher Athenodorus from leasing it. He was broke.
and found the inexpensive rent too much of a bargain to turn down.
According to Pliny, Athenodorus met the ghost during his first night
in the villa. Awakened by the rattle of chains, Athenodorus was met
by the ragged, bound old man. Deciding it was easier to be rightened
than to be homeless, he stood his ground. The old man beckoned
for the philosopher to follow him, but Athenodorus refused. Not to
be denied, the old man clanked his chains and moaned pitifully until
Athenodorus gave in and accompanied him. The spirit then led him
into the garden, and pointed to a spot on the ground. Then, he vanished.
The next morning, Athenodorus visited the local authorities and told his
story. The group returned to dig up the garden. There, exactly where the
spirit had indicated, they found a human skeleton, bound in chains. The
bones were reburied properly, the house was purified, and the ghost
never returned.
Nor are Greek and Roman writings alone in their accounts of ghosts
and hauntings. In fact, there is not a single culture, not one
worldwide, which does not have it's accounts of visitations by
and communication with the spirit world. The Orient, especially China
and India, are gold mines of accounts of paranormal activity, and
Norse mythology and tradition is full of accounts of ghosts, hauntings
and communication with the spirit world. In fact, one of the hallmarks
of the Norse religion is the belief that the "honored dead" went to
Valhalla, and would, in the final battle, return to earth and fight on
the side of the Gods at the battle of Ragnarok, the Gotterdamerung.

__________

GHOST HUNTING TIP
__________

Do you have a ghost hunting tip you’d like to share with our readers?
Send to us at: Edi-@haunted-places.com

***
Know Your Surroundings
By Dave Juliano at: shado-@theshadowlands.net"
Shadowlands Website: http://theshadowlands.net/ghost/

This is especially important when you are conducting a cemetery
investigation or one in an older building. You should always visit
these places in the day time to check out the area. Make sure you
look for anything that will be dangerous when it is dark. Make a
map of any potential dangers so they can be avoided during your
investigation.

___________

IN THE NEWS
___________

Submitted by Staff Member Linda Davis at: jldav-@webtv.net

Greenpeace Concerned over Location of Dracula Park
From the Ananova News Service
All copyrights acknowledged

Greenpeace has appealed to the Romanian government to postpone work on
a Dracula theme park until experts study its impact on natural and
historic sites. The group argues the project may threaten nearby
old-growth forests and a UNESCO-protected medieval citadel.
The park is to be built in the medieval Transylvanian city of
Sighisoara, the hometown of 15th century prince Vlad the Impaler, who
inspired Bram Stoker's "Dracula" novel. Vlad earned his nickname because
of his penchant for impaling captured Turks and other enemies on stakes.
Greenpeace said in a statement alternative locations should be
considered rather than Sigisoara, about 180 miles northwest of
Bucharest. "Greenpeace supports the idea of tourist development in
Romania, but this should be done without threatening or destroying
heritage of international significance," the statement said.
Romanian authorities have in the past rebuffed such concerns, saying
the park will bring people to see the nearby sites and help raise money
for conservation. The park, to be privately funded, will cost about
$15.6 million, with another $19 million needed for infrastructure
improvements. Some of the money will be used to restore the city's 15th
century fortress.
The park will include rides, a golf course, a Gothic castle wired with
spooky effects, a zoo, horseback riding, restaurants and shops.

___________

INVESTIGATIVE RESULTS
___________

Has your group recently completely an interesting or unusual
investigation. We’d love to hear about it! Tell us a little history
about the site, why it is considered haunted, and the results of your
investigation. Email your report to: Edi-@haunted-places.com . Be sure
to put Investigative Results in the subject line.

***

Haslam’s New & Used Bookstore
By Feature Writer Brandy Stark at: sfcf-@scfn.thpl.lib.fl.us

For those residents who enjoy haunting Haslam’s New & Used Bookstore
looking for little known literary treasures, know that you are not
alone. Haslam’s has its own supernatural book lover who haunts the store
in his own special way. Haslam’s books was begun by John and Mary Haslam
in 1933, during the Great Depression. Mary sold handcrafts, roses and
doilies, as well as used magazines. As the store’s reputation grew, so
did its merchandise. New books were added to the shelves during the
1950s. Haslam’s moved to accommodate its growing bulk of books, settling
in its current location in 1966. In the late 70s, the owners expanded
into the People’s Gas building next door. Later they bought the building
and combined the two buildings into one, making Haslam’s one of the
largest new and used bookstores in the Southeast. This was also the time
that the staff began to experience unusual phenomena in the store.
Customers and employees began to comment that they sensed someone
behind them, but when they turned no one was there. On occasion, some
felt an invisible hand tap them on the shoulder. Even Ray Hinst, who
currently co-owns and manages Haslam’s, has come across sporadic cold
spots in the building. Sometimes, books mysteriously fell off the
shelves. Several of those who know of the ghost legend believe that the
spirit of Jack Kerouac was responsible for the disturbances.
Kerouac was a writer who spent the last years of his life living in St.
Petersburg. He was infamous among the staff for coming into Haslam’s and
moving his books to locations that he felt better displayed them. He
often moved them to a higher spot, eye-level to patrons, so they would
be seen. This, however, ran contrary to Haslam’s style of arranging
books in alphabetical order. A few times, Charles Haslam, Hinst’s
father-in-law, would talk with Kerouac about not moving the books.
Kerouac, it seems, was little deterred. After the writer died, Hinst
often thought it was his spirit who returned to Haslam’s to rearrange
the books as he had in life.
The S.P.I.R.I.T.S. team set out to investigate. Immediately upon
arrival, shortly after the store closed to the public, Lee and Karen
West were drawn to the southwest section of the building. Prior to the
walk through, and arrival of other teammates, both of the Wests heard
noises coming from the area they were drawn to. Yet, they confirmed with
the manager that no one else was in the store.
The southwest section of the building houses the How To…, Careers,
Business, and Liberal Arts books. Through out the investigation, this
room provided the most activity. The S.P.I.R.I.T.S. team picked up
several high EMF (electromagnetic field) readings near a table
containing do-it-yourself home improvement books. There were no
electrical conduits in the area, nor any reason known to explain these
readings. Karen West also obtained a drop in temperature using the
digital thermometer, which showed a decrease from 73 to 67 degrees. "I
felt extremely cold and got goose bumps," she said, "This lasted for
approximately 2 seconds, then the thermometer registered 73 degrees
again."
The digital camera produced several light streaks and rainbow auras in
many of its photographs. The images remain unexplained, as there were no
light sources capable of producing such strong and well-defined lighted
areas. The video taken of the hunt also recorded up to 18 orbs of light.
Images also appeared on 35 mm 400 speed black and white film. One of the
most notable images is a slight fog produced in the southwest room.
Some also believe that the metaphysical room has attracted the
attention of some supernatural being. Though this area did have high
readings of EMF, the readings were explained by the presence of
circuitry boxes located on the outside wall to the metaphysical room.
The members of the S.P.I.R.I.T.S. team all sensed the presence of a
male entity and agreed that he seemed to have died during his mid-40’s
to late-50s. This does coincide with the death of the author, .Kerouac,
who was in his late 40s when he died, though whether it is the author’s
ghost remains unknown.
The spirit appeared to be enjoying the attention received by the ghost
hunters, and may have followed us throughout the old People’s Gas side
of Haslam’s. He seems to be benevolent, and simply enjoys observing
those who come into the store.
"I’m glad to hear there is no lingering malevolence and that all appear
to be positive and even happy. That can’t be beaten these days," Hinst
says of the ghost. "We have a live and let live attitude. After all,
there are many things that cannot be explained."

_____________

WEBSITE OF THE MONTH
_____________

After many months we are finally bringing back our Haunted Places
Website of the Month Award! Do you have a favorite ghostly website that
you think should win our award? If so please email the URL and your
reason that you think the site should win an award to:
Edi-@haunted-places.com

***
We are currently seeking nominations for the May Website of the month.
Send your suggestions!!!!

_____________

SEEKING INFORMATION
___________

email the senders.

***
From Toni at: tonia-@hotmail.com

If cemeteries are supposed to be full of supernatural activity of the
departed souls buried there, would an area dedicated to scattering the
ashes of the departed that have been cremated also be a site of spirit
activity?

***
From: fReAkYc-@hotmail.com

I’m new to this group and I was wondering if any body might know any
thing about any cases of hauntings or any paranormal groups that I could
check out in Edmonton, Alberta (or just Alberta itself.)

***
From Feature Writer Brandy Stark at: "sfcf-@scfn.thpl.lib.fl.us"

What does it mean when an orb comes in colors? Someone asked me, in
particular, about blue and red orbs. I'd assume Green is either healing
or demon (I have heard both)....white, regular....blue? Unsure.
Red...angry? Any ideas?

Editor’s note: Anyone have any ideas? Send them to us at:
Edi-@haunted-places.com and we’ll publish your thoughts in an upcoming
issue!

___________

TRUE EXPERIENCES
___________

From: ceci-@keyworld.net

Several years ago I was volunteering as a costumed interpreter for
Storrowton Village in West Springfield, MA. I was having lunch in an old
home which had been built in the 1770's by a man named Potter who had
served in the Revolution. He built this home himself and raised a total
of 15 children with two different wives.
Often, when I would go down the back stairway I would have a feeling
that someone was behind me. It was not a malevolent feeling but still,
at bit unsettling. One afternoon I was in the house by myself and had
just finished eating my lunch, I heard steps on the back stairs. They
were heavy steps, like a man would make. I thought that it was a friend
of mine who was working the same day. The steps came up the stairs, went
across the ballroom and stopped. I called out to my friend but when no
one answered, I went into the ballroom. I was, somehow, not surprised
when no one was there. I looked out all the windows but saw no one and
heard no one go down the stairs. As it was broad daylight, I didn't feel
frightened but if I had been alone in that house at night and that had
happened, it would have been a different story.
I later heard that I was not the only one to have heard the footsteps.
Perhaps Mr. Potter is still keeping his eye on the home he built with
his own hands.

___________

UPCOMING EVENTS
___________

For complete details of all events listed in this section please visit:
http://www.haunted-places.com/tours.htm

***
MAY:

Gettysburg Ghost Conference–Voices from the Past: The Art of EVP
May 4th & 5th, 2002
Hosted by the International Ghost Hunters Society (Website:
www.ghostweb.com )

***
SEMINAR "PARANORMAL PLACES OF SOUTHERN WISCONSIN/NORTHERN ILLINOIS"
Saturday, May 11th 2002 - 1:00 PM
Best Western Conference Center
Janesville, WI 53546
For tickets, visit our website at:
http://www.paranormalresearchgroup.com/Seminar2002.html

LIMITED SEATING AVAILABLE
Admission: $16.00 per person
The Southern Wisconsin Paranormal Research Group is presenting a
seminar focusing on haunted locations in Southern Wisconsin and Northern
Illinois.
Investigators from different locations in Wisconsin and Illinois will
be
presenting video and photo evidence while discussing some of their most
interesting cases. Other areas of interest such as, Investigators
equipment and usage, common types of hauntings and psychic aspects of
paranormal investigations will also be covered.

***
Campout / Ghost Hunt in the ghost town of Sprucevale.
Near East Liverpool, Ohio
Hosted by M.A.J.D.A. Paranormal Investigators ( Website:
http://www.majda.net/ )
May 11th - Date subject to change due to the weather.
Free
Open to members only.
For more info contact John or Lisa at: MAJD-@aol.com

***
History & Hauntings Tours
Hosted by: Troy Taylor
Haunted Greenwood Cemetery walking tours!
Friday night, May 31 and
Cost is $12 per person.
The tour is based on Troy Taylor's new edition of WHERE THE DEAD WALK,
For more information on this tour call toll-free at 1-888-446-7859 or
register at "http://www.prairieghosts.com/tours.html"

***
The Ohio State Reformatory Ghost Hunt
Mansfield, Ohio
May 17th
May 31st
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
For more info visit: http://www.mrps.org/ghost/index.html

***
West Virginia State Penitentiary Ghost Hunt
Moundsville, West Virginia
Hosted by M.A.J.D.A. Paranormal Investigators ( Website:
http://www.majda.net/ )
May 24th - 130 tickets available.
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
Tickets can be ordered at: http://www.majda.net/events.html
For more info contact John or Lisa at: MAJD-@aol.com

***

History & Hauntings Tours
Hosted by: Troy Taylor
See the descriptions below or get more information about the tours at
"http://www.prairieghosts.com/tours.html"

Saturday, May 25 - 7:30 PM
New! Spirits of the Civil War Tour
Standard Ghost Tour: $30 per person
(Tickets on Sale - Starting March 25)

***
Ghost Safari's 2002 Conference,
"Evidence and Enigmas" will convene May 25th all day and into the
evening at the Holiday Inn in Broken Arrow, OK. Ghost hunters,
researchers and paranormal enthusiasts are invited to attend this
informal but jam-packed conference. Featured will be some of the best
ghost investigators in the country presenting the current state of their
research along with photographic, video and audio evidence. The cost is
$30 and includes continental breakfast, afternoon snacks and exciting
door prizes including a Trifield Natural EM Meter, Vivitar 3-D camera,
Gauss Master meters and several other prizes. Attendees will be
encouraged to present their own evidence at several open "Show and Tell"
sessions so bring those photos, videotapes and EVP samples! We'll have
all the state-of-the-art presentation equipment and a bang-up sound
system! The conference will also include vendor and information tables
all in a huge conference room. Email rich-@ghostsafari.com and visit
www.ghostsafari.com for more information and to register on line.

***
JUNE 2002:

History & Hauntings Tours
Hosted by: Troy Taylor
See the description below or get more information about the tours at
"http://www.prairieghosts.com/tours.html"

Saturday, June 1 - 7:30 PM
Special! Haunted Greenwood Cemetery Walking Tour
Decatur, Illinois - Hosted by Troy Taylor
A walking tour of the most haunted cemetery in downstate Illinois, based
on the book "Where the Dead Walk" by Troy Taylor!
Special Thanks to the "Haunted Decatur Tours": $12 per person
(Tickets on Sale - Starting March 25)

***
West Virginia State Penitentiary Ghost Hunt
Moundsville, West Virginia
Hosted by M.A.J.D.A. Paranormal Investigators ( Website:
http://www.majda.net/ )
June 14th - 130 tickets available.
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
Tickets can be ordered at: http://www.majda.net/events.html
For more info contact John or Lisa at: MAJD-@aol.com

***
The Ohio State Reformatory Ghost Hunt
Mansfield, Ohio
June 14th
June 28th
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
For more info visit: http://www.mrps.org/ghost/index.html

***
American Ghost Society 2002 Haunted America National Conference
June 20 - 23, 2002
Hosted by Troy & Amy Taylor (American Ghost Society Founders)
at the History & Hauntings Book Co. Building
515 East Third Street - Haunted Alton, Illinois
Detailed information is available at: "http://www.prairieghosts.com".

***
On June 23-26, 2002, The Academy of Religion and Psychical Research
will sponsor its 27th annual conference on "MEDIUMSHIP: A DOORWAY TO
OTHER DIMENSIONS OF EXISTENCE" at Rosemont College, Rosemont,
Pennsylvania (11 miles west of Philadelphia).
For details of the program and to register, go to the ARPR Web site -
"http://www.lightlink.com/arpr/" - e-mail bat-@infi.net, phone
860-242-4593, or write to ARPR, P.O. Box 614, Bloomfield, CT 06002-0614.

For your information, the ARPR Web site has over 225 links separated
into 24 different categories such as Ghosts/Haunted Places, Near-Death
Experiences, Out-of-Body Experiences, Parapsychology, etc.

***
A special SPIRITS art show featuring photos shot during SPIRITS ghost
hunts, and art by SPIRITS members.
June 28 - Aug. 13
Snooty Judy's Gallery - Dunedin, Florida

Images will include "false positives", spectral shots, and "no result"
pictures that also capture and embody artistic qualities of
photography.
For more info contact Brandy at: sfcf-@scfn.thpl.lib.fl.us
The SPIRITS website is: http://centralflghosts.homestead.com/home.html

***
Campout / Ghost Hunt in the ghost town of Sprucevale.
Near East Liverpool, Ohio
Hosted by M.A.J.D.A. Paranormal Investigators ( Website:
http://www.majda.net/ )
June 29th - Date subject to change due to the weather.
Free
Open to members only.
For more info contact John or Lisa at: MAJD-@aol.com

***
JULY 2002:

West Virginia State Penitentiary Ghost Hunt
Moundsville, West Virginia
Hosted by M.A.J.D.A. Paranormal Investigators ( Website:
http://www.majda.net/ )
July 12th - 130 tickets available.
July 26th - 130 tickets available.
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
Tickets can be ordered at: http://www.majda.net/events.html
For more info contact John or Lisa at: MAJD-@aol.com

***
The Ohio State Reformatory Ghost Hunt
Mansfield, Ohio
July 12th
July 26th
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
For more info visit: http://www.mrps.org/ghost/index.html

***
History & Hauntings Tours
Hosted by: Troy Taylor
See the description below or get more information about the tours at
"http://www.prairieghosts.com/tours.html"

Saturday, July 13 - 6:30 PM
New! Special Ghost Hunter's Tour- "Behind the Scenes" of Haunted Alton!
Alton, Illinois - Hosted by Troy Taylor
A special four-hour ghost hunter's tour, beginning with a presentation
on ghosts, hauntings and ghost hunting by Troy Taylor and then an
in-depth tour of Alton's most haunted places! :$50 per person
(Tickets on Sale - Starting March 25)

***
The Haunted West Virginia 2002 Ghost Hunters Conference will take place
on July 19th, 20th & 21st in downtown Parkersburg, West Virginia at the
haunted and historic Blennerhassett Hotel.
Speakers include Troy Taylor, Chanda Wright, Susan Sheppard, Richard
Southall, Donnie Sargeant and Jeff Wamsley.
Registration begins at 6:00 p.m. on Friday the 19th, in the Charleston
Ballroom at the hotel. For more info, go to
"http://www.hauntedparkersburg.com" or email directly to Susan Sheppard
at "shep-@wirefire.com" For a brochure or card with special
conference rates (around $60.00) write to Haunted WV 2002 Ghost
Conference with SASE at 917 26th Street, Parkersburg, WV 26104 or call
(304) 428-7978

***
AUGUST 2002:

The Ohio State Reformatory Ghost Hunt
Mansfield, Ohio
August 2nd
August 16th
August 30th
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
For more info visit: http://www.mrps.org/ghost/index.html

***
West Virginia State Penitentiary Ghost Hunt
Moundsville, West Virginia
Hosted by M.A.J.D.A. Paranormal Investigators ( Website:
http://www.majda.net/ )
August 9th - 130 tickets available.
August 23rd - 130 tickets available.
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
Tickets can be ordered at: http://www.majda.net/events.html
For more info contact John or Lisa at: MAJD-@aol.com

***
SEPTEMBER 2002:

The Ohio State Reformatory Ghost Hunt
Mansfield, Ohio
September 6th
September 14th
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
For more info visit: http://www.mrps.org/ghost/index.html

***
West Virginia State Penitentiary Ghost Hunt
Moundsville, West Virginia
Hosted by M.A.J.D.A. Paranormal Investigators ( Website:
http://www.majda.net/ )
September 20th - 130 tickets available - Last ghost hunt for 2002!
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
Tickets can be ordered at: http://www.majda.net/events.html
For more info contact John or Lisa at: MAJD-@aol.com

***
KateFest 2002 will be held on the weekend of September 28th and 29th in
Adams, Tennessee, and plans are underway for the biggest and best
KateFest ever!
Now in its third year, KateFest provides Bell Witch and other
paranormal enthusiasts the opportunity to swap stories, attend lectures
and workshops dealing with all areas of the paranormal, see stage
productions of the Bell Witch legend, listen to live music, eat good
food, buy or sell paranormal-related books, jewelry and other items,
tour public attractions, and have lots of fun in the heart of "Bell
Witch Country"--Adams, Tennessee. From children to professional ghost
hunters, and to paranormal researchers and skeptics alike--attendees
leave KateFest with a much greater knowledge and appreciation of the
paranormal, lots of good memories, and plenty of new friends.

KateFest 2002 will offer:

* Vendors featuring antiques, books, arts and crafts, jewelry, psychic
readings, spiritual consultation, and much more.
* A panel of experts will discuss various aspects of the Bell Witch and
other popular ghost stories.
* Prominent speakers will present lectures and workshops dealing with
topics such as spirituality, demonology, the Bell Witch, poltergeists,
ghost photography, ghost hunting, UFOs, remote viewing, and many other
topics.
* Authors of Bell Witch and other paranormal-related books will be on
hand to sell and sign copies of their works.
* There will be at least three (3) mystery "dare" type events. These are
generally unprecedented, once-in-a-lifetime events that you DON'T want
to miss! "Mystery" events are limited as to the number of participants,
and are kept secret until the time of the event.
* A full stage production of the Bell Witch legend.
* On-site "guides" dressed in period clothing (1820), representing some
members of the John Bell family and other major characters in the
legend.
* "John Bell" will provide a telling of the story to those who are
either
new to the legend or just want to brush up.
* Musical entertainment ranging from bluegrass to country, to rock, and
who knows what else. Particular acts/showtimes will be announced in the
future.
* Concessions -- standard stuff; e.g., hot dogs, soft drinks, etc.
* There will also be plenty of good ol' Southern cookin,' compliments of
none other than the "Kate's Southern Kitchen Witchery" exhibit.
* Several fantastic KateFest t-shirt designs to choose from.
* Much, much more!

The KateFest Web page ("http://www.katefest.com") is constantly updated
as things come together. Please visit the site today for details on
KateFest 2002!

***
OCTOBER 2002:

HAUNTED NEWPORT
October 1-31, 2002
Newport, Rhode Island
"http://www.hauntednewport.com"

Largest month-long Halloween "spooktacular" in North America
established in 1999 to promote a positive view of Halloween. Featured
over 120 events in 2001,including: Halloween Market, haunted hayrides,
vampire and ghost tours, Halloween parties, murder mysteries, ghost
ships, psychic readings, author book signings, Edgar Allan Poe Weekend,
wizard workshops, Opening Day
Scaremony and more.

***
Campout / Ghost Hunt in the ghost town of Sprucevale.
Near East Liverpool, Ohio
Hosted by M.A.J.D.A. Paranormal Investigators ( Website:
http://www.majda.net/ )
October 19th - Date subject to change due to the weather.
Free
Open to members only.
For more info contact John or Lisa at: MAJD-@aol.com

***
NOVEMBER 2002:
The Ohio State Reformatory Ghost Hunt
Mansfield, Ohio
November 9th
November 23rd - Last ghost hunt for 2002!
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
For more info visit: http://www.mrps.org/ghost/index.html

___________

MEDIA LISTINGS
___________

   The media listing mainly cover the 8pm to 10pm time slots. Most
listed times are Eastern Standard Time. Please check your local listings
for the correct viewing times in your area.

***
ART BELL ( Website: http://www.artbell.com/index.html ):

05/06/02 - Mon/Tue
Guest: Gordon-Michael Scallion
Intuitive and teacher of consciousness studies, will reveal hi global
predictions for social and Earth changes between the years 1998 and
2012. In 1978, GM. Scallion experienced visions, in which showed that
the surface and continents of Earth are destined for a radical
transformation. He is the editor of Intuitive Flash newsletter where
many of his predictions are published.
Website: "http://matrixinstitute.com/"

05/07/02 - Tue/Wed
Guest: Stephen Quayle
Stephen Quayle is the author of the book, Breathe No Evil, a primer for
understanding Bio Terrorism, first published in 1996. For the past 7
years, he has been articulating the need for American citizens to become
aware of Bio Terrorism and weapons of mass destruction.

05/08/02 - Wed/Thu
Guest: David W. Wolfe
Dr. Wolfe argues convincingly that life on our planet most likely began
not in some primordial ocean but rather deep beneath the surface under
extreme temperature conditions, and that this information should be
considered in our search for extraterrestrial life. These largely unseen
ecological communities play surprisingly critical roles in human
civilization. Dr. Wolfe is Associate Professor of Plant Ecology in the
Department of Horticulture at Cornell University, and a member of
Cornell's Biogeochemistry Program.

05/09/02 - Thu/Fri
Guest: William Henry
William Henry describes himself as an investigative mythologist. His
mission is to search ancient texts, images and architecture for the
secrets of spiritual vision that once formed a lost technology of the
soul. His extensive database of Egyptian, Sumerian and Holy Grail
symbolism and mythology enable him to detect the startling ways history
is repeating itself today.
Website: "http://www.williamhenry.net/"

05/10/02 - Fri/Sat
OPEN LINES

***
Due to problems beyond our control TV listings for this week are not
complete!

***
UPN:

Tue - 7th at 8pm - Buffy the Vampire Slayer

***
SCIFI:

Sunday thru Thursday at 11 and 11:30pm - Crossing Over With John Edwards

Tue - 7yh at 8pm - Outer Limits
Wed - 8th at 8pm - Outer Limits
Thu - 9th at 8pm - Outer Limits

***
PAX:

Tue - 7th at 8pm - Mysterious Ways

***
DISCOVERY KIDS:

Fri - 10th at 8pm - Truth or Scare
Fri - 10th at 8:30pm - Truth or Scare
Sat - 11th at 8pm - Truth or Scare
Sat - 11th at 8:30pm - Truth or Scare
Sun - 12th at 8pm - Truth or Scare
Sun - 12th at 8:30pm - Truth or Scare

***
INTERNET RADIO PROGRAMS:

Jeff Rense: Listen at : http://www.sightings.com/
Mon. - Fri. at 7pm to 10 pm Pacific time
Sat. at 9pm to 3am Pacific time
Sun. at 8pm to 11pm Pacific time

***
http://www.pawebcast.cc/