Welcome Guest!
 Haunted Places
 May 12, 2002 15:42 PDT
THE HAUNTED PLACES REPORT

Founded by: Dennis William Hauck
Edited by: Rev. Ronald E. Beach
Email: Edi-@haunted-places.com
Website: http://www.Haunted-Places.com

editor.

05/14/02

___________

CONTENTS:
___________

* From the Editor
* Letters to the Editor
* Announcements
* Featured Article
* Ghost Hunting Tip
* In the News
* Seeking Information
* True Experiences
* Upcoming Events
* Media Listings

_____________

FROM THE EDITOR
_____________

From time to time we receive a request from subscribers asking us to
delete their old email address from our list and add their new one. Our
newsletter is sent out thru Topica and due to the way Topica is set up
we are unable to change your email address. This is something your must
yourself thru your Topica account.

***
I’ll be a guest on "Exploring Unexplained Phenomena", hosted by Scott
H. Colborn. “Exploring Unexplained Phenomena" radio program is broadcast
by The KZUM 89.3 FM out of Lincoln, NE, USA. It has been on-air since
1984, making it one of the world's longest-running paranormal talk radio
programs.
The episode I’ll be on will be airing on Saturday, May 18th, 2002, from
10 - 11: 30 am Central Time (11 am - 12:30 pm Eastern). Listeners will
be welcome to call in questions during the show at: 402-474-5086.
Scott is the former International Director of the Fortean Research
Center (now defunct) which was based in Lincoln, NE. They did a series
of 8 international conferences on the paranormal in Lincoln, with a
wide range of speakers and topics.
Additionally, he was the former State Director for the Mutual UFO
Network for Nebraska, and helped to found and continue to facilitate a
"UFO/Paranormal Support Group of Lincoln, NE," meeting since
1988. Scott has done the "E.U.P." radio program since 1984 as well.
The website for his store “The Way Home Music & Books” can be found at:
"http://www.thewayhomestore.com" .

_____________

LETTERS TO THE EDITOR
_____________

We invite your letters to the editor. Tell us how you feel about things
in the newsletter or in the ghost hunting community. All letters must be
accompanied by an email address so other readers can respond to you.

_____________

ANNOUNCEMENTS
_____________

Are you staring a new paranormal investigation group? Is your group
looking for new members? Does your group have an upcoming event? Has
your group done any interesting investigations? Has your group or
members of it appeared on any TV or radio programs? Do you have any
ghostly related news from your local area? If the answer to any of these
questions is “Yes”, please let us know so we can publish the information
in upcoming issues.

***
From: Kelly Weaver at: Weav-@aol.com

I have booked the Governors Ballroom, at the Radison Penn Harris in
Camp Hill, PA again for next years Second Annual Ghost Hunters
Conference. The date will be Saturday, April 12, 2003. Mark your
calendars. I have a limited number of seats, ( 150) and am sure to fill
them this year without any problem. If you are interested in attending
again next year, which will have FRESH, NEW information and lots of fun
activity, let me know so I can reserve your seat NOW.
As you can imagine, this will grow with each year, and I 'm sure by
2004, I'll need a larger room. (I tried for 2003 and everything was
booked, plus we would have to share a room and could not break it up in
the afternoon for workshops, so I kept the room we were in.)
We will have the food again this year and the sit down dinner. Prices
will change slightly to cover the increase in the room and set up.
Details and cost will be forth coming in the next few months for next
years conference.
I am also working on a monthly newsletter called Encounters to be
mailed out to this year’s conference attendees. If you have any
contributions or articles/photos you would like printed please contact
me via e-mail. I will focus on a different theme each month and am
asking for your true stories, etc. This is for all of us to keep in
touch with each other throughout the year and keep our ghostly
friendships alive (no pun intended, well OK, maybe) and to help each
other with situations/photos/ etc. Would you like to help? Let me know.
***
From: Ed Okonowicz at: ed-@mystandlace.com"

We have been working on compiling our e-mail list from Myst and Lace
newsletter responses we have received that listed an e-mail address.
These notices will be sent out periodically, whenever new events, books
or information that we think might be of interest to you develops. Since
errors occur in transferring information, if you have any corrections,
please send me a reply and I will do my best to correct the problem.
Names may be spelled wrong, or you may even get this message in error
because an incorrect address was copied. If so, sorry.
We will be sending out fewer notices through the mail, since the
updated info is available on line at our web site
"http://www.mystandlace.com" .Please check it out and read about the
following new developments:

1) A complete listing of the 2002 Fort Delaware Ghost Tours schedule has
been listed. These have just been set and this year there will be major
revisions to the tour, so if you have taken it in the past, consider
coming back and brining a friend. But, call early for reservations. The
first tour is in early June. LISTED on our web site under events
schedule.
2) I am working on Terrifying Tales 2 of the Beaches and Bays and we
should have it out in early May or sooner. It will be announced on our
web site.
3) A hardbound biography of Delaware sportswriter Matt Zabitka--who is
81 years old and still working full time--is going to the printer this
week and should be available in early April. He has interviewed Joe
DiMaggio, Ted Williams, and thousands of hometown athletes in Delaware
and Pennsylvania. Information on this book is listed under the
Biographies section of our web site.
4) Our ghost conference is scheduled for Sept. 21 in North East, Md.,
and full details are listed on our web site under What's New and Events.

Thanks for your interest in our books and programs. If you have any
comments or questions, drop me an e-mail note.

***
From Troy Taylor at: "ttay-@prairieghosts.com"

Virus Update!

Recently, I passed on some information about a new virus called the
KLEZ virus that is wreaking havoc on the internet and now we have more
information about how to avoid it and what you can do about it if you
have gotten it! Thanks for this information goes to Corey Null, the
American Ghost Society's top computer guru.
First, here's what to watch for and how to avoid getting the virus:

1. Make sure that your anti-virus program is working and up to date. You
should update it every 24 hours to make sure that you have all of the
available information.
2. Screen your emails to be sure that you don't even get a contaminated
in your inbox. All of the infected emails seem to run about 120 kbs
plus, so set your email program to only download mail
smaller than that.
3. Check the "from" section of the email carefully. Many of the infected
messages are coming from people you might know (without their knowledge,
of course) and also seemingly from people who are
not infected with the virus. For instance, there have been infected
messages on the internet that seem to be coming from
"ttay-@prairieghosts.com". Yes, this is my email address but the
messages are not from me! This virus "spoofs" email addresses and sends
out messages.
What has happened is that someone who has my address in their address
book has been infected with the virus and now the virus is sending out
messages from their system and it looks like the messages are coming
from those of us in the book. How can you catch this? Well, you can
always but in my case, the messages
appear to be from my email address but anyone who has ever received mail
from me knows that the email address in the "from" section of my email
is always "History & Hauntings Book Co."

So, what can you do if you have already been infected? It's a pretty
easy cure and this virus seems to be more of a nuisance than anything
else. To get more information about the virus and to download a file
that will clean it off your system, go to
"http://securityresponse.symantec.com/" and that will help you out.

__________

FEATURED ARTICLE
__________

Dealing With the Television Media
By Guest Writer TROY TAYLOR at: ttay-@prairieghosts.com
(C) Copyright 2002 All Rights Reserved

As just about any author or paranormal researcher can tell you, the
time is likely to come (if you get yourself noticed in the field) when
you will be approached by someone in the television media about doing an
interview or working with a documentary or show. Since many
"ghost-related" shows tend to air around Halloween, much of the filming
for these shows is done during the summer months.
It's likely that many of you will hear from the growing number of
paranormal programs during the weeks and months ahead, so hopefully the
information in this article will help you know what to
expect when your telephone rings and there is a producer on the other
end of the line!
The first thing to remember is to be cautious about any such call that
you might get. Remember that the show may be requiring not only your
photos, information, video footage and other material that you have
collected, but also your time and energy as well. Far too often,
the ghost hunter spends too much time working with (and for) the
production company, only to be cut from the show or worse yet, included
in an insipid and misleading program.
How can you keep this from happening to you? Hopefully, you can learn
from the mistakes that I have made in the past and actually come out
ahead with some of these programs. Many of us have been
burned at least once or twice by a media person but this is not to say
that all television and production companies are bad! There are many out
there who do a great job, are respectful of the subject matter and give
proper credit for stories and material. I even worked with one company
who gave me final say on the script for the segment that I appeared in!
Sadly though, such companies are few and far between and there are many
out there who are giving the good ones in the media a bad name. My
encounters with such companies have made me much more cautious than in
the past and leery of working with any companies at all. Obviously
though, this is not the best method of publicizing your work and so we
must work with the media, all the while being cautious of what we do
with them.
The information that follows is a guideline to help separate the
worthwhile media companies from the bad ones. It is designed to help you
deal on a level playing field when a producer is calling
to talk to you about doing an interview or about supplying footage,
photos, locations or information that you have collected. Note: Within
these guidelines, you will see mention of "value" for your time
and materials. This may not always mean a monetary value. Many companies
have small budgets to work with and so "good exposure" is a great reward
for the time you put into the show. The guidelines presented here are to
help you get that good exposure and to help you achieve "value" for your
material and services.
The guidelines begin after you have been contacted by someone from the
production company about their show. The first thing to do is to never
agree to do the program at the time of the first call unless you have
worked with this company in the past and are aware of their
good reputation. Tell the person that you speak with that you would like
them to fax something to you on their company letterhead that states in
detail what they want you to do for their program. This fax should
contain the following:

1. The name of the production company and producer.
2. Name of the program that your material / interview will be used on.
3. Purpose of the material / interview and how it will be used.
4. Format of the program (serious / history / research / etc.)

After they agree to send the fax (if they refuse to send it, you don't
want to work with them anyway!), you may want to check with some other
people in the field whose opinions you trust and see if they have ever
worked with this company before. I have been warned
away from several production companies after learning that other
researchers have been treated badly by them!
After you receive the fax and if it meets with your approval, you will
need to contact the company and ask to speak to one of the producers. Do
not bother to speak with a "researcher" for the show
(this is likely who would have called you in the first place) because
they have no say in what will be happening with the program and their
job is only to gather information.
Speaking of researchers, let me inject a note of caution here. It's
very possible that you may get a call from a researcher or an associate
producer who has no interest in using you for the program
at all. They may be just looking for information only and if they can,
they are likely to keep you on the telephone for a long time asking
numerous, detailed questions and pumping you for information. They may
have no intention of working with you at all! This can waste a huge
amount of your time and frankly, would never happen to someone in
another type of business. For instance, try picking an attorney out of
the phone book and cold-calling him for free legal advice!
If this happens to you, simply tell them that they should have a
"senior producer" get in touch with you and you will discuss their
request for information further with them. They may tell you that the
producer is too busy for that and if that's the case, they are not worth
your time anyway.
But once you have one of the producers on the line, it's time to find
out what they need from you and in turn, what you are willing to provide
and at what "value". Here are things that you need to know up front:

1. Make sure of their intentions! In other words, before you commit to
anything, know what type of show it is. A trashy news magazine show or
one with a questionable reputation for twisting the facts may jeopardize
your credibility down the line.
2. Your information, research, materials and footage must have a value
placed on it. If you don't place any value on it, neither will the
company and it's liable to get used in ways that you don't want. You
have to put a price on the material (monetary or otherwise).
3. If the company only wants information from you, and not materials or
an interview, you have to decide if you want to bother with it or not.
You can see how badly the company wants your information by charging a
"research fee" for the information you give them. You should be
compensated for providing research and /or locations, just as a member
of the company's staff would be.
4. If the production company will not be using any of your materials or
photos, but does want to feature you in an interview, value should still
be placed on your appearance and time. What this value may be will
depend on the company. Again, money is not always the issue here as many
legitimate companies are given a very limited budget to do a show. They
will usually do their best to feature you in a good light, but may not
be able to pay you for your time. There are other ways
that they can compensate you though but you will have to decide for
yourself what you want to do. Here's some information to work with
though:

A. If possible, you should try and be paid for your time. This is not as
mercenary as it sounds either. As a friend of mine (a performing
magician) once told me "if you don't place a value on your time, no one
else will". This is true when working with a television show or even
showing up to speak at your local library.
Anyway, you might start out by offering the producer your "day rate".
This is a certain amount of money that you receive for working one day
for a show or other type of production. I set my own day rate a number
of years ago and you might be surprised how often that it gets paid. Of
course, this usually means that you are dealing with a larger production
or film company, where a budget exists for this sort of payment. In most
cases, smaller companies who work for television networks will not have
the budgets for this, although you might be pleasantly surprised on
occasion. Regardless, it never hurts to ask, just don't let it become a
"deal breaker".
B. Most of the time, you won't be paid but you can be compensated in
other ways. You should make sure that the company properly bills you on
the show with your name, title, perhaps books that you have written or
perhaps the name of your organization. This should all appear on the
"slate" below your face during the interview (or aired with your footage
or photos) and should appear for an adequate length of time. In this
way, people can contact you, buy your books, etc. and in this way, you
have had value placed on your time and efforts.
C. Also, if you are not paid for the show but are asked to travel
somewhere for the interview, for an investigation on film, etc. you must
never, never pay for this yourself. Always require that the company pay
your travel expenses, meals, mileage and costs. This is
essential!
D. If the show wants to use video footage or photographs that you have
taken, I suggest asking for a fee for their use. You may decide that
good exposure is enough for you, but whatever you decide
to do, it is essential that you have a written agreement with the
production company about the use of the materials. The agreement should
cover the following:
1. State the price that will be paid for the use of the materials. Try
to negotiate a reasonable amount. Even if you will not be paid, have the
agreement state what you will be asking for in return for them using the
material (billing, credits, etc.)
2. Be sure that your interview is associated only with your materials.
It must be connected and associated with your time on screen and no one
else's. This is critical because it should not appear that the photo /
footage was acquired by anyone else who might be also featured in the
program. To do this, it must be accompanied by your voice-over or slated
with your name for a minimum of three seconds.
3. The end credits of the show must also contain your ownership and
credit for the material that was used.
4. Be sure that the agreement states that the company will not sell or
release any of your material to a third party without written consent
from you. Legitimate companies will have agreements that cover the use
of materials anyway, but you should be aware of what these agreements
should contain so that you will not end up sorry later on!

Hopefully, these guidelines will help you when the time comes for you
to deal with some of these issues. As stated already, there are a number
of good production companies out there that are great to work with and
who treat their contacts with respect. However, these
guidelines will help when a problem arises with a good company, or when
you are contacted by one that is not so legitimate.
Remember though to use this information with care. You have to draw the
line between protecting your credibility and you desire to work and to
do the interview. If you seem too difficult, the
producers will simply contact someone else, so always remain agreeable
to the point that you are still comfortable with what is going on. Use
your best judgment and approach everything with caution first and you'll
manage not to get taken advantage of later on! Good
luck!

__________

GHOST HUNTING TIP
__________

Do you have a ghost hunting tip you’d like to share with our readers?
Send to us at: Edi-@haunted-places.com

___________

IN THE NEWS
___________

Submitted by Staff Member Linda Davis at: jldav-@webtv.net"

400 Villagers Hold Farmers Hostage for Cursing Land
From the Ananova News Service
All copyrights acknowledged

More than 400 Vietnamese villagers have held three farmers from a
neighboring village hostage for four days. Police say the residents of
Vinh Phuc province believe the farmers bewitched the land by building
family graves close to it.
The villagers claimed the farmers had disturbed their village's
geomantic flow, resulting in the sudden deaths of three people and
injuries to two others in traffic accidents. Geomancy is a belief that
people are affected by subtle energies in nature and by the placement of
natural and other objects.
The villagers took the three farmers hostage while they were inspecting
the graves, a police spokesman said. He added that they were beating
drums as if they were observing a village festival while they seized the
three men. They later threw stones and bricks at a village official and
police officers who tried to calm the situation, seriously injuring
both.
The hostages were freed when police arrived and forced open the side
door of the communal house where they were being held. The three
hostages had been beaten and two were taken to hospital.
Police planned to investigate the unrest, but say that several key
suspects had fled.

___________

INVESTIGATIVE RESULTS
___________

Has your group recently completely an interesting or unusual
investigation. We’d love to hear about it! Tell us a little history
about the site, why it is considered haunted, and the results of your
investigation. Email your report to: Edi-@haunted-places.com . Be sure
to put Investigative Results in the subject line.

***
Roser Park
By: Feature Write Brandy Stark at: sfcf-@scfn.thpl.lib.fl.us

Roser Park is the aged heart of St. Petersburg. It is a place that is
both steeped in history and shrouded with mystery. Currently a historic
district, the energies of ages-old Roser Park merge with new
constructions, renovations, and families, setting up the contradictory
conditions perfect for specters of the past to reveal themselves.
Originally, the land surrounding Booker Creek belonged to the first
true Floridians: the Tocobagan Native American tribe. Though they had no
metal, nor had they discovered the wheel, the Tocobagans lived off the
land, they were well adapted to this region, surviving Florida in the
time before the invention of air conditioning. Though a flourishing
culture, the Tocobagans were quickly wiped out in the sixteenth century
with diseases, warfare, and the cultural clashes introduced by the
landing of the Europeans. They left behind little but their shell tools
and mounds.
Fast forward time to just after the turn of the 20th century. Charles
Martin Roser, a wealthy man, had just sold his unique cookie recipe, the
Fig Newton, and his factory to Nabisco. In 1911, he and his wife Ruth
moved into the area where his parents, John and Caroline Roser, already
lived: St. Petersburg. Enthralled with the land, Charles immediately
began to buy property along Booker Creek, and built a total of 80 houses
between 1911 and 1921.
Roser was one of the first substantial contributors to St. Petersburg.
He had 6th Street S. to Central Ave. paved in order to allow traffic to
come into his new development. He built and furnished the first nurses’
residence for Mound Park Hospital (now Bayfront Medical Center) and
helped to establish Mercy Hospital, St. Petersburg’s first hospital for
African Americans. He donated land for the Roser Park Elementary School,
originally located at Sixth Street and Ninth Avenue South (now a parking
lot for All Children’s Hospital).
Yet, for all that, Roser’s dream ended, like many other men’s’ dreams,
during the Great Depression when he had to sell his home for taxes. The
house was later demolished. Still, he had created his own legacy in St.
Petersburg, one that was destined to remain in tact for the next 60
years.
Which is where the S.P.I.R.I.T.S. team arrives on the scene. We were
called in to examine one residence in this area: a two-story house built
shortly before 1920, a grand old place sitting atop the Tocobagan
kitchen mound overlooking Booker Creek. In its long past, it had housed
a number of residents including an enlisted woman, who was rarely home
and a rather odd family who resided only on the first floor of the
house. For a time it stood boarded up and vacated and became the home to
several vagrant people before it was reopened and restored. In the next
chapter of its existence, the house is the home of a family of three,
"Jeff", "Valerie", and their 10-year-old daughter "Sydney".
Since moving into the house 8 months ago, "Jeff" has sensed a male
presence walking down the stairs and into the kitchen, then back up the
stairs late at night. Valerie, who often works at home, hears footsteps
on the second floor when she is alone at home. She has also noticed that
things she sets down in the kitchen appear to be relocated when she
returns to fetch them. Both parents experienced temperature fluctuations
in their bedroom, particularly at night, in which the temperatures
fluctuate from being very warm to quite cool. Even their daughter,
Sydney, has had some experiences. She was the first to sense the
presence and alert her parents to it, especially when it liked to open
the closet door in the guest bedroom when no one was looking.
This was a most unusual ghost hunt, which proved to be rather
enigmatic. Despite the total team’s agreement that there was something
in the house very little registered upon tape, video recorder, or film!
Yet, the sensations were quite often immediate: shortly after entering
the residence, one of the more sensitive S.P.I.R.I.T.S. members sensed
the presence of an old woman in the computer room located downstairs. He
did not feel that the ghost was happy or unhappy, merely confused.
Moving through the house to the stairwell, several members reported
feeling cold spots and goosebumps as they climbed. As the team moved to
the second floor, our EMF (electromagnetic field) meters registered high
levels of energy in a doorway-lined hallway coming off the stairs. Four
doorways face each other in a cross-like pattern, leading to a
guestroom, the master bedroom, the daughter’s room, and to a bathroom.
The readings remained consistent in the hallway itself, yet ended
several steps inside each doorway. Only the bathroom held no energy
inside (perhaps, as ghosts have no corporeal bodies they no longer need
to use it!) Inside the guestroom, another member sensed moving energy,
moving from one corner to the other, which she thought, was a male
presence.
Lastly, the area of the fireplace held great EMF energy. Could it be
that the house, built on or near the Kitchen Mounds of the Tocobagan
tribe, channels energy through what might be considered the hearth of
the home? "This was the strongest energy level I have experienced to
date," Lee said. "This high energy level may be from one or more of the
occupants, past residue from prior occupants, or may emanate from the
Indian mounds which surround the home."
It appears that, for now, Roser Park is unwilling to divulge its secrets
to outsiders. Only time and repeated investigations may help solve the
mystery of the miscellaneous tenants that reside inside.

_____________

SEEKING INFORMATION
___________

email the senders.

***
From: Bridget at: sweetbeb-@yahoo.com

I would like to know if there are any haunted places or even houses in
the Clearing neighborhood of Chicago, Illinois?

***
From Jackie at: Gambita-@suscom.net

I live in South Eastern Pennsylvania and I was wondering how I can find
any groups or ghosthunting societies in my area.

___________

TRUE EXPERIENCES
___________

From: Selena at: cheyenn-@msn.com

The Only reason I believe in ghosts is, because I live in my Great
Grandmother's house . I have never seen them, but myself and others have
heard them .Sometimes one of them likes to drive me crazy by moving a
pewter train. We haven't heard from them for awhile. They seem to have
known, I needed, someone from my family I trusted the most. I believe
they were here for me, and were watching over me. I knew who three of
them were, but there is a fourth one (a little girl), I have no clue who
she is . And they could only be heard in the original parts of this
house .
The rooms that were added on, they never come into them .But there was
a time in my life, when things were really going bad, and they were
here. I could feel their presence and we could hear them . Most of the
time they made me feel secure, but there were times
when they would scare me and my friends. I guess it was because I wasn't
expecting them , but after I got used to them being here, I just started
feeling happy knowing they were here for me .I know it sounds stupid,
but myself and some of my friends can tell you, they were really here .

___________

UPCOMING EVENTS
___________

For complete details of all events listed in this section please visit:
http://www.haunted-places.com/tours.htm

***
MAY:

History & Hauntings Tours
Hosted by: Troy Taylor
Haunted Greenwood Cemetery walking tours!
Friday night, May 31 and
Cost is $12 per person.
The tour is based on Troy Taylor's new edition of WHERE THE DEAD WALK,
For more information on this tour call toll-free at 1-888-446-7859 or
register at "http://www.prairieghosts.com/tours.html"

***
The Ohio State Reformatory Ghost Hunt
Mansfield, Ohio
May 17th
May 31st
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
For more info visit: http://www.mrps.org/ghost/index.html

***
West Virginia State Penitentiary Ghost Hunt
Moundsville, West Virginia
Hosted by M.A.J.D.A. Paranormal Investigators ( Website:
http://www.majda.net/ )
May 24th - 130 tickets available.
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
Tickets can be ordered at: http://www.majda.net/events.html
For more info contact John or Lisa at: MAJD-@aol.com

***

History & Hauntings Tours
Hosted by: Troy Taylor
See the descriptions below or get more information about the tours at
"http://www.prairieghosts.com/tours.html"

Saturday, May 25 - 7:30 PM
New! Spirits of the Civil War Tour
Standard Ghost Tour: $30 per person
(Tickets on Sale - Starting March 25)

***
Ghost Safari's 2002 Conference,
"Evidence and Enigmas" will convene May 25th all day and into the
evening at the Holiday Inn in Broken Arrow, OK. Ghost hunters,
researchers and paranormal enthusiasts are invited to attend this
informal but jam-packed conference. Featured will be some of the best
ghost investigators in the country presenting the current state of their
research along with photographic, video and audio evidence. The cost is
$30 and includes continental breakfast, afternoon snacks and exciting
door prizes including a Trifield Natural EM Meter, Vivitar 3-D camera,
Gauss Master meters and several other prizes. Attendees will be
encouraged to present their own evidence at several open "Show and Tell"
sessions so bring those photos, videotapes and EVP samples! We'll have
all the state-of-the-art presentation equipment and a bang-up sound
system! The conference will also include vendor and information tables
all in a huge conference room. Email rich-@ghostsafari.com and visit
www.ghostsafari.com for more information and to register on line.

***
JUNE 2002:

History & Hauntings Tours
Hosted by: Troy Taylor
See the description below or get more information about the tours at
"http://www.prairieghosts.com/tours.html"

Saturday, June 1 - 7:30 PM
Special! Haunted Greenwood Cemetery Walking Tour
Decatur, Illinois - Hosted by Troy Taylor
A walking tour of the most haunted cemetery in downstate Illinois, based
on the book "Where the Dead Walk" by Troy Taylor!
Special Thanks to the "Haunted Decatur Tours": $12 per person
(Tickets on Sale - Starting March 25)

***
West Virginia State Penitentiary Ghost Hunt
Moundsville, West Virginia
Hosted by M.A.J.D.A. Paranormal Investigators ( Website:
http://www.majda.net/ )
June 14th - 130 tickets available.
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
Tickets can be ordered at: http://www.majda.net/events.html
For more info contact John or Lisa at: MAJD-@aol.com

***
The Ohio State Reformatory Ghost Hunt
Mansfield, Ohio
June 14th
June 28th
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
For more info visit: http://www.mrps.org/ghost/index.html

***
American Ghost Society 2002 Haunted America National Conference
June 20 - 23, 2002
Hosted by Troy & Amy Taylor (American Ghost Society Founders)
at the History & Hauntings Book Co. Building
515 East Third Street - Haunted Alton, Illinois
Detailed information is available at: "http://www.prairieghosts.com".

***
On June 23-26, 2002, The Academy of Religion and Psychical Research
will sponsor its 27th annual conference on "MEDIUMSHIP: A DOORWAY TO
OTHER DIMENSIONS OF EXISTENCE" at Rosemont College, Rosemont,
Pennsylvania (11 miles west of Philadelphia).
For details of the program and to register, go to the ARPR Web site -
"http://www.lightlink.com/arpr/" - e-mail bat-@infi.net, phone
860-242-4593, or write to ARPR, P.O. Box 614, Bloomfield, CT 06002-0614.

For your information, the ARPR Web site has over 225 links separated
into 24 different categories such as Ghosts/Haunted Places, Near-Death
Experiences, Out-of-Body Experiences, Parapsychology, etc.

***
A special SPIRITS art show featuring photos shot during SPIRITS ghost
hunts, and art by SPIRITS members.
June 28 - Aug. 13
Snooty Judy's Gallery - Dunedin, Florida

Images will include "false positives", spectral shots, and "no result"
pictures that also capture and embody artistic qualities of
photography.
For more info contact Brandy at: sfcf-@scfn.thpl.lib.fl.us
The SPIRITS website is: http://centralflghosts.homestead.com/home.html

***
Campout / Ghost Hunt in the ghost town of Sprucevale.
Near East Liverpool, Ohio
Hosted by M.A.J.D.A. Paranormal Investigators ( Website:
http://www.majda.net/ )
June 29th - Date subject to change due to the weather.
Free
Open to members only.
For more info contact John or Lisa at: MAJD-@aol.com

***
JULY 2002:

West Virginia State Penitentiary Ghost Hunt
Moundsville, West Virginia
Hosted by M.A.J.D.A. Paranormal Investigators ( Website:
http://www.majda.net/ )
July 12th - 130 tickets available.
July 26th - 130 tickets available.
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
Tickets can be ordered at: http://www.majda.net/events.html
For more info contact John or Lisa at: MAJD-@aol.com

***
The Ohio State Reformatory Ghost Hunt
Mansfield, Ohio
July 12th
July 26th
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
For more info visit: http://www.mrps.org/ghost/index.html

***
History & Hauntings Tours
Hosted by: Troy Taylor
See the description below or get more information about the tours at
"http://www.prairieghosts.com/tours.html"

Saturday, July 13 - 6:30 PM
New! Special Ghost Hunter's Tour- "Behind the Scenes" of Haunted Alton!
Alton, Illinois - Hosted by Troy Taylor
A special four-hour ghost hunter's tour, beginning with a presentation
on ghosts, hauntings and ghost hunting by Troy Taylor and then an
in-depth tour of Alton's most haunted places! :$50 per person
(Tickets on Sale - Starting March 25)

***
The Haunted West Virginia 2002 Ghost Hunters Conference will take place
on July 19th, 20th & 21st in downtown Parkersburg, West Virginia at the
haunted and historic Blennerhassett Hotel.
Speakers include Troy Taylor, Chanda Wright, Susan Sheppard, Richard
Southall, Donnie Sargeant and Jeff Wamsley.
Registration begins at 6:00 p.m. on Friday the 19th, in the Charleston
Ballroom at the hotel. For more info, go to
"http://www.hauntedparkersburg.com" or email directly to Susan Sheppard
at "shep-@wirefire.com" For a brochure or card with special
conference rates (around $60.00) write to Haunted WV 2002 Ghost
Conference with SASE at 917 26th Street, Parkersburg, WV 26104 or call
(304) 428-7978

***
AUGUST 2002:

The Ohio State Reformatory Ghost Hunt
Mansfield, Ohio
August 2nd
August 16th
August 30th
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
For more info visit: http://www.mrps.org/ghost/index.html

***
West Virginia State Penitentiary Ghost Hunt
Moundsville, West Virginia
Hosted by M.A.J.D.A. Paranormal Investigators ( Website:
http://www.majda.net/ )
August 9th - 130 tickets available.
August 23rd - 130 tickets available.
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
Tickets can be ordered at: http://www.majda.net/events.html
For more info contact John or Lisa at: MAJD-@aol.com

***
SEPTEMBER 2002:

The Ohio State Reformatory Ghost Hunt
Mansfield, Ohio
September 6th
September 14th
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
For more info visit: http://www.mrps.org/ghost/index.html

***
West Virginia State Penitentiary Ghost Hunt
Moundsville, West Virginia
Hosted by M.A.J.D.A. Paranormal Investigators ( Website:
http://www.majda.net/ )
September 20th - 130 tickets available - Last ghost hunt for 2002!
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
Tickets can be ordered at: http://www.majda.net/events.html
For more info contact John or Lisa at: MAJD-@aol.com

***
KateFest 2002 will be held on the weekend of September 28th and 29th in
Adams, Tennessee, and plans are underway for the biggest and best
KateFest ever!
Now in its third year, KateFest provides Bell Witch and other
paranormal enthusiasts the opportunity to swap stories, attend lectures
and workshops dealing with all areas of the paranormal, see stage
productions of the Bell Witch legend, listen to live music, eat good
food, buy or sell paranormal-related books, jewelry and other items,
tour public attractions, and have lots of fun in the heart of "Bell
Witch Country"--Adams, Tennessee. From children to professional ghost
hunters, and to paranormal researchers and skeptics alike--attendees
leave KateFest with a much greater knowledge and appreciation of the
paranormal, lots of good memories, and plenty of new friends.

KateFest 2002 will offer:

* Vendors featuring antiques, books, arts and crafts, jewelry, psychic
readings, spiritual consultation, and much more.
* A panel of experts will discuss various aspects of the Bell Witch and
other popular ghost stories.
* Prominent speakers will present lectures and workshops dealing with
topics such as spirituality, demonology, the Bell Witch, poltergeists,
ghost photography, ghost hunting, UFOs, remote viewing, and many other
topics.
* Authors of Bell Witch and other paranormal-related books will be on
hand to sell and sign copies of their works.
* There will be at least three (3) mystery "dare" type events. These are
generally unprecedented, once-in-a-lifetime events that you DON'T want
to miss! "Mystery" events are limited as to the number of participants,
and are kept secret until the time of the event.
* A full stage production of the Bell Witch legend.
* On-site "guides" dressed in period clothing (1820), representing some
members of the John Bell family and other major characters in the
legend.
* "John Bell" will provide a telling of the story to those who are
either new to the legend or just want to brush up.
* Musical entertainment ranging from bluegrass to country, to rock, and
who knows what else. Particular acts/showtimes will be announced in the
future.
* Concessions -- standard stuff; e.g., hot dogs, soft drinks, etc.
* There will also be plenty of good ol' Southern cookin,' compliments of
none other than the "Kate's Southern Kitchen Witchery" exhibit.
* Several fantastic KateFest t-shirt designs to choose from.
* Much, much more!

The KateFest Web page ("http://www.katefest.com") is constantly updated
as things come together. Please visit the site today for details on
KateFest 2002!

***
OCTOBER 2002:

HAUNTED NEWPORT
October 1-31, 2002
Newport, Rhode Island
"http://www.hauntednewport.com"

Largest month-long Halloween "spooktacular" in North America
established in 1999 to promote a positive view of Halloween. Featured
over 120 events in 2001,including: Halloween Market, haunted hayrides,
vampire and ghost tours, Halloween parties, murder mysteries, ghost
ships, psychic readings, author book signings, Edgar Allan Poe Weekend,
wizard workshops, Opening Day
Scaremony and more.

***
Campout / Ghost Hunt in the ghost town of Sprucevale.
Near East Liverpool, Ohio
Hosted by M.A.J.D.A. Paranormal Investigators ( Website:
http://www.majda.net/ )
October 19th - Date subject to change due to the weather.
Free
Open to members only.
For more info contact John or Lisa at: MAJD-@aol.com

***
NOVEMBER 2002:
The Ohio State Reformatory Ghost Hunt
Mansfield, Ohio
November 9th
November 23rd - Last ghost hunt for 2002!
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
For more info visit: http://www.mrps.org/ghost/index.html

___________

MEDIA LISTINGS
___________

   The media listing mainly cover the 8pm to 10pm time slots. Most
listed times are Eastern Standard Time. Please check your local listings
for the correct viewing times in your area.

***
TELEVISION PROGRAMS:

HBO:

Sun - 19th at 10pm - The Young and the Dead

***
TNT:

Sun - 19th at 8pm - Movie: House on Haunted Hill
Sun - 19th at 10pm - Movie: House on Haunted Hill
***
TRAVEL:

Wed - 15th at 8pm - Haunted Hotels
Wed - 15th at 8pm - America’s Haunted Hotels
Wed - 15th at 10pm - America’s Most Haunted Places
Wed - 15th at 11pm - Haunted Hotels

***
BRAVO:

Tues - 14th at 8pm - Movie: The Omen
Sat - 18th at 8pm - Movie: The Omen
Sat - 18th at 10:30 - Movie: Damien - The Omen II

***
CARTOON NETWORK:

Tues - 14th at 10:30pm - Scooby, Where Are You?

***
UPN:

Tue - 14th at 8pm - Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Villains

***
SCIFI:

Sunday thru Thursday at 11 and 11:30pm - Crossing Over With John Edwards

Tue - 14th at 8pm - Outer Limits: I Hear You Calling
Wed - 15th at 8pm - Outer Limits: Something About Harry
Thu - 16th at 8pm - Outer Limits: The Joining
Mon - 20th at 8pm - Outer Limits: In Our Own Image

***
PAX:

Tue - 14th at 8pm - Mysterious Ways: Something Fishy

***
DISCOVERY:

Thu - 16th at 8pm - America’s Haunted Houses
Thu - 16th at 10pm - X Creatures
Thu - 16th at 11pm - America’s Haunted Houses

***
DISCOVERY KIDS:

Fri - 17th at 8pm - Truth or Scare: The Truth of Tutkhamun
Fri - 17th at 8:30pm - Truth or Scare: Castle Ghosts of Ireland
Sat - 11th at 8pm - Truth or Scare: Castle Ghosts of Scotland
Sat - 11th at 8:30pm - Truth or Scare: Bigfoot
Sun - 19th at 8pm - Truth or Scare: The Truth of Tutkhamun
Sun - 12th at 8:30pm - Truth or Scare: Castle Ghosts of Ireland

***
RADIO PROGRAMS:

ART BELL ( Website: http://www.artbell.com/index.html ):

05/12/02 - Sun/Mon
TBA

05/13/02 - Mon/Tue
Guest: Dr. Steven M. Greer M.D.
Dr. Steven M. Greer M.D., an emergency physician and Founder/Director
of The Disclosure Project is widely regarded as the world's foremost
authority on UFO's and Extraterrestrial Intelligence. The disclosure
Project has over 450 government, military, intelligence community and
defense contractor witnesses testifying to their direct, first hand
experience with UFOs, ETs, ET technology and the illegal cover-up
keeping this issue secret. Dr Greer will bring 2 Disclosure Project
witnesses;

Witness 1: Capt. Robert Salas graduated from the Air Force Academy and
spent 7 years in active duty as an air traffic controller and missile
launch officer for nuclear tipped Minuteman One missiles. He testifies
about a UFO incident on the morning of March 16, 1967 where 16 nuclear
missiles simultaneously became non-operational at two different launch
facilities while guards were observing UFOs hovering above and the
subsequent investigation and apparent cover-up by the Air Force.

Witness 2: Lt. Col. Dwayne Anson spent 26 years in the Air Force. He had
a top-secret SITKA clearance and at one time was the Director of
Logistics at Wright-Patterson AFB as well as cryptography officer for
the entire Ram stein AFB in Germany. He testifies to classified USAF
message traffic concerning UFOs including a crashed UFO in Norway and
the presence of UFOs hovering over missile silos concurrent with
missiles in those silos going "off line", independently corroborating
Capt. Salas' testimony.
Website: "http://www.disclosureproject.org"

05/14/02 - Tue/Wed
Guest: Ramon E. Lopez
We are now in the midst of a solar maximum, the effects of which are
expected to be felt all the way through the year 2004. Dr. Lopez,
co-author of Storms from the Sun, explores the emerging physical science
of space weather and traces its increasing impact on a society that
relies on space-based technologies. Ramon E. Lopez is the C. Sharp Cook
Distinguished Professor in the Department of Physics at the University
of Texas at El Paso. He received his B.S. degree in Physics from the
University of Illinois, and his M.S. and Ph.D. degrees in Space Physics
from Rice University.
Website: "http://www.stormsfromthesun.net"
Website: "http://aurora.physics.utep.edu/rlopez/"

05/15/02 - Wed/Thu
TBA

05/16/02 - Thu/Fri
Guest: Dr. Paul Steinhardt
What if the big-bang theory is wrong? Recently, Princeton University
physicist Paul Steinhardt and Neil Turok at Cambridge introduced the
``cyclic theory" of the early universe. In this picture, space and time
exist forever. The big bang is not the beginning of time. Rather, it is
a bridge to a pre-existing contracting era. Paul J. Steinhardt is the
Albert Einstein Professor in Science at Princeton University, a member
of the faculty in both the Department of Physics and in the Department
of Astrophysical Sciences. He received his B.S. in Physics at Caltech in
1974; his M.A. in Physics in 1975 and Ph.D. in Physics in 1978 at
Harvard University. He is a Fellow in the American Physical Society and
a member of the National Academy of Sciences.

05/17/02 - Fri/Sat
Open Lines

***
The "Exploring Unexplained Phenomena" radio program is on KZUM 89.3 FM,
Lincoln, NE, and has been on-air every Saturday morning since 1984, 10 -
11:30 am Central Time. The station phone number during the program only:
402-474-5086. The host is Scott H. Colborn, email at:
"kcol-@inebraska.com" and website is:
"http://www.thewayhomestore.com" .

May 11th:
Grant Cameron:
What did the past Presidents, and our government,
know about the UFO subject?
Website: "http://www.presidentialufo.com" .

May 18th:
Rev. Ron Beach:
Editor of The Haunted Places Report
Website: http://www.haunted-places.com/

May 25th:
Robert VanDerClock:
The UFO crash at Roswell in 1947, a look at the late Colonel Philip J.
Corso (author of "The Day After Roswell"), and views on "Project
Disclosure."

***
INTERNET RADIO PROGRAMS:

Jeff Rense: Listen at : http://www.sightings.com/
Mon. - Fri. at 7pm to 10 pm Pacific time
Sat. at 9pm to 3am Pacific time
Sun. at 8pm to 11pm Pacific time

***
http://www.pawebcast.cc/