Welcome Guest!
 Haunted Places
 May 19, 2002 16:04 PDT
THE HAUNTED PLACES REPORT

Founded by: Dennis William Hauck
Edited by: Rev. Ronald E. Beach
Email: Edi-@haunted-places.com
Website: http://www.Haunted-Places.com

editor.

05/21/02

___________

CONTENTS:
___________

* From the Editor
* Letters to the Editor
* Announcements
* Featured Article
* Ghost Hunting Tip
* In the News
* Seeking Information
* True Experiences
* Upcoming Events
* Media Listings

_____________

FROM THE EDITOR
_____________

From time to time we receive a request from subscribers asking us to
delete their old email address from our list and add their new one. Our
newsletter is sent out thru Topica and due to the way Topica is set up
we are unable to change your email address. This is something your must
yourself thru your Topica account.

***
There is a new virus hoax making the rounds . the subject of the hoax
is a file on your computer called: 'JDBGMGR.EXE'. This file is suppose
to be on your computer and is not a virus. For more information on this
hoax visit the newsbytes website at:
http://www.newsbytes.com/news/02/176442.html

***
Have you every wondered what the staff of The Haunted Places Report
looks like? Have you wanted to know more about them and their
backgrounds? Now you can find out by visiting our “Meet the Staff” page
at: http://www.haunted-places.com/meet_the_staff.htm

***
We are in the process of updating the paranormal groups link page at
Haunted-Places.com. If you would like your group added to the list
please send email to: “Webm-@haunted-places.com”. Be sure to include
a short bio (1 or 2 paragraphs) about your group. Also include in the
email the URL for your group’s website and the state you would like to
be listed under.
Haunted-Places.com has over 12,000 visitor’s a month, many who are
looking for groups in their area.

***
We are currently working on compiling a referance library about ghosts
and hauntings. If you have any paranormal related books, magazines, news
articles, etc... that you would like to donate please send them to:
The Haunted Places Report
P O Box 341
Damascus, Ohio 44619

***
Contest!!!!!

We are once again giving away a copy of the book: Electronic Projects
from the Next Dimension: Paranormal Experiments for Hobbyists.
To win just be the first to email me (Editor@ haunted-places.com) with
the answers to the following questions.

1. What type of racing did our Editor, Ron, used to be involved in?
2. Feature Writer Pat was raised in the area of what infamous haunting
of the nineteenth century?
3. What type of pets does Assistant Editor Tammy have?
4. Haunted Places founder Dennis is fluent in what other language
besides English?
5. Feature Writer Brandy is an artist specializing in what type of
sculptures?
6. What is the name of Feature Writer Kelly’s business?
7. John, one of our feature writers, holds a degree in what subject?
8. In what state does Patty, another feature writer, live in?

_____________

LETTERS TO THE EDITOR
_____________

We invite your letters to the editor. Tell us how you feel about things
in the newsletter or in the ghost hunting community. All letters must be
accompanied by an email address so other readers can respond to you.

***
Hi,
My name is Char. Some friends & I have started a new
paranormal investigation unit in Massachusetts. We are called
"MIST"--Massachusetts Investigative Spirit Trackers. Within a day of
posting this info on a Mass. yahoo groups list, we received our first
case located in New Bedford, Mass. The family has reported very active
poltergeist-like activity with physical manifestations.
We are looking for interested parties to join us. At this time, we
don't even have a web site up yet, but its coming soon. In the
meantime, anyone interested in joining MIST or participating in this
upcoming investigation, please e-mail me at "Gypsie-@hotmail.com".

Thank you for your time & consideration.
Sincerely~
Char

***
From Melanie at: budgi-@cableone.net

I just wanted to say how much I enjoy receiving your ezine. Although I
have only had a couple of "experiences" with the unexplained, I look
forward to reading every email I get from you.

Thanks for the work that you do!
Melanie

***
From Debbie at: "deb-@usadatanet.net"

I don’t believe in ghosts. To me, I’d think my Grandmother or my Dad
would have visited me by now. I really don’t believe in it. I have never
saw it happen but to tell you the truth I’d love to experience it. Till
then, I would let the people rest in peace. Thank you, please respond
to me if you think I’m wrong.

***
From Cathi at: "virg-@flash.net"

Well Ron I treated myself to a ghosthunting trip to Scotland.
It was incredible to say the least. I stayed in Edinburgh, across the
street from the most haunted cemetery in Scotland "Greyfriar's Kirk
Cemetery".
I also traveled to every remote and uninhabited castle in the
countryside that time would allow. The dead in Europe are so much older
than the dead in the states. Their characteristics are different also.
I thought your readers might enjoy hearing about the differences I found
in them while I was there. Animals (especially dogs) are even more
sensitive to the entities that are around. It actually seemed that they
were more apart of the dogs everyday lives.
I was taken by some friends to an old Templar Chapel outside of
Edinburgh in Borthwick. The keeper of the chapel had a Collie (of course
it was named Lassie) this dog was so tuned into the energy that haunts
this chapel. When the entity comes around she first shy's down and
cowers. After about a minute, it's as if she gains her composure and
starts chasing it as if to actually lure it out of the chapel. I have 20
minutes of video of this canine ghostchasing!
It's just too precious.
I also found that in the states, if my batteries on my camera are
getting drained by what is in my presence, the battery stays drained
after the entity leaves the area. In Scotland, I found that the battery
only drains when walking into an area that has an entity. Once you start
capturing them on film, the battery actually charges in their presence!
When they leave the battery goes back to it's previous level as if
nothing happened.
Scotland's past is steeped in Celtic, Pagan and Templar history. All of
these belief structures are based on the energy lines and grids of
scared geometry. Since these ghosts(the ones that I encountered at
least) are mostly from the same period, it's as if they have kept their
knowledge of energy patterns and they still are able to harness them in
a very evolved manner.
Well I have went on too long, I have posted 4 of 8 pages so far on my
site to be enjoyed by others. I'm am trying to give the reader as much
pleasure in my trip as I experienced. Here is the link to the beginning
pages of that trip.
"http://www.ghastlyghosthunter.com/investigations2.html" . I will be
going back in six months. I can't wait!

Cathi Bunn
The Ghastly Ghost Hunter

_____________

ANNOUNCEMENTS
_____________

Are you staring a new paranormal investigation group? Is your group
looking for new members? Does your group have an upcoming event? Has
your group done any interesting investigations? Has your group or
members of it appeared on any TV or radio programs? Do you have any
ghostly related news from your local area? If the answer to any of these
questions is “Yes”, please let us know so we can publish the information
in upcoming issues.

***

From: Sue at: ssmi-@mail.greatnorthbc.com

I'm finally finished with my book of Oregon's ghost stories and now am
working on the next one, Ghost Stories of New England. If anyone has any
information or contacts that would be helpful to my current book please
contact me at the above email address or at: mez-@telus.net

***
Coming Soon - Paranormal Pennsylvania

The magazine for the strange and unexplained in the Tri-State area and
Beyond. Each quarterly magazine will bring you the folklore, hauntings,
and legends of Bigfoot - Ghosts - Psychic Phenomena - UFO's and more.
This magazine will feature contributing consultants with years of
experience and research. Among the writers will be:
Eric Altman - Bigfoot
Rick Fisher - Ghost Hunting Tips and Haunted Places
Kelly Weaver - Psychic Phenomena
Stan Gordon - Bigfoot - UFO's and other Strange Occurrences

Other features will include:
- Interviews with authors and paranormal groups
- Place ads for Ghost Tours or Conferences
- Place an ad to buy or sell new or used equipment
- Place an ad to buy or sell new books
- Submit a story for our “I know a Story” section.
- And much more

There are many different opinions and beliefs, Paranormal Pennsylvania
magazine will not be bias towards any individual or group. If you submit
a story it must not be biased or bashing of any individual or group in
order to appear in an article.
A subscription to Paranormal Pennsylvania is $20.00 per year (four
issues). If you are interested send an e-mail to rfis-@redrose.net and
you will be notified when magazine becomes available. You can also
visit: http://home.supernet.com/~rfisher/magazine.html for more
information. Paranormal Pennsylvania is owned and published by Rick
Fisher.

__________

FEATURED ARTICLE
__________

Submitted by Guest Writer Troy Taylor
Website: "http://www.prairieghosts.com"

SPIRIT PHOTOGRAPHY COMES OF AGE
By: Troy Taylor at: ttay-@prairieghosts.com

Taken from Haunted America, Official Newsletter of Ghosts of the
Prairie.
Website: "http://www.prairieghosts.com"
(C) Copyright. All Rights Reserved. Used with permission.

The reason that is most given for the lack of widespread acceptance of
the credibility of spirit photographs is that the photographs of the
past were so riddled with fraud. Strangely though, it is spirit
photography that seems to provide the most scientific evidence of
ghosts. It is one of the only methods of capturing ghostly phenomena
that approaches the standards of science. Here are the reasons why:

1. Genuine spirit photos are clearly a physical phenomenon.
2. The amount of energy that goes into making such a photo can be
measured by the way it appears in the image.
3. A method of attempting to establish replication is possible.
4. It may be possible at some point to develop explanations for how
spirit photographs are made and why they exist.

Spirit photography is what seems to be the effect of radiation of some
sort on photosensitive film. The images may also be some sort of
spectrum of light as well, since types of cameras that don't use film
also seem capable of picking up these anomalous images. Unfortunately,
non-film cameras are highly unreliable as the images cannot be
reproduced and do not produce a negative that can be
studied. Regardless of this, many advances have been made in the study
of spirit photography over the last several decades (and before) and now
may be the time that this controversial science may finally come of age.
As mentioned already, the fraudulent spirit photography of the past has
damaged the reputation of modern efforts, making it difficult for
today's ghost hunter's to be taken seriously. Just the mention of
"spirit photography" tends to conjure up the images of days gone by, a
period that was plagued with the questionable methods of Spiritualism.
But were all of the photographs of the past fake images that were
created to bilk people out of their money? It has been
claimed that spirit photographs were first produced by accident and only
when unscrupulous photographers realized the wealth to be made from them
were the first fraudulent images produced.
The actual practice of attempting to capture ghosts on film dates back
to around 1861. The photographs taken in these days have been the
subject of much debate in the years since. The first
spirit photograph has been credited to a Boston engraver named William
Mumler. In 1861, he took a photograph of himself and to his surprise (or
that's what he claimed anyway), he discovered that a
ghost has managed to appear in the photo as well. The discovery of this
spirit "extra" came during the expansion of the Spiritualist movement
and soon other photographers (now billing themselves as
"mediums") claimed psychic powers to make dead relatives appear in
photographs taken of their grieving loved ones.
Spirit photography soon became a popular pastime and literally
thousands of dollars were made from those who came to have their
portraits taken. One photographer, William Hope, claimed to take more
than 2,500 spirit photographs during a period of about two decades. Few
of these photos appear to be in the least bit authentic.
Typically in the photographs, ghostly faces appear, floating above and
behind the living subjects. In others, fully formed spirits would
appear, usually draped in white sheets. Unfortunately, the methods of
producing such images were simple. The fraudulent photographers
became adept at doctoring their work, superimposing images on plates
with living sitters and adding ghostly apparitions and double exposures.
The appearance of the fully formed apparition was even easier. Old types
of cameras usually demanded that the subject of the photo remain
absolutely still for periods of up to one minute, all the while, the
shutter of the camera remains open. During this
time, it was very simple for the photographer's assistant to quietly
appear behind the sitter, dressed in appropriate "spirit attire". The
assistant remained in place for a few moments and then ducked back out
of the photo again. On the finished plate, it would seem
that a transparent "figure" had made an appearance.
By 1869, Mumler had taken up residence in New York and started his
business there. A short time later, he was brought up on charges of
"swindling credulous persons by what he called spirit photographs". His
trial was widely publicized and he was later acquitted. A former New
York State Senator and Judge named Edmonds spoke on Mumler's behalf and
announced that he was convinced of the phenomenon. In addition, a number
of professional photographers also testified that they had studied
samples of Mumler's work and had found no evidence of fakery. Many
modern researchers believe that Mumler may have actually captured
something genuine in some of his photos, however, the lure of money was
just too big a temptation for him and he supplemented his authentic
photos with fraudulent ones in order to pay the rent.
Mumler was not alone in the spirit photography business. At about the
time of his trial, a photographer named Hudson began operating in
London. He was investigated by a professional photographer named John
Beattie in 1873. Hudson fared better than some of his counterparts as
Beattie's report in the "British Journal of Photography" stated that two
of the images of people that appeared on Hudson's plates were not the
result of double exposure, mirrors or camera trickery. The
investigation, and the skepticism surrounding it, did little for his
business though and he soon went broke.
Of course his troubles hardly compared to those of a French
photographer named Buguet, who was arrested and reportedly told that he
would be released if he admitted his photographs were fake. He confessed
but then was sentenced to serve a year in prison. After his release, he
stated that his confession has been false but it was too little too,
late and his business was ruined.
The 1870's saw the first general acceptance that there might be
something credible to at least some aspects of spirit photography. A
number of references to it appeared in issues of the "British
Journal of Photography" and in other periodicals of the time. In the
1890's, J. Traille Taylor, the editor of the Journal, reviewed the
history of spirit photography and detailed the methods by which
fraudulent photos were sometimes produced. He approached the phenomenon
as a true skeptic, not immediately disbelieving it, but studying it in a
scientific manner. He used a stereoscopic camera
and noted that the psychically produced images did not appear to be in
three dimensions. He used his own camera and he and his assistants did
all of the developing and photographing. Strangely,
they were still able to produce mysterious results.
In 1891, the practice of spirit photography gained more credibility
when Alfred Russell Wallace, the co-developer of the theory of
evolution, spoke out with the belief that spirit photography should be
studied scientifically. He later wrote about his own investigations into
it and included a statement that he believed the possibility of it was
real. He did not feel that just because some of the photos that had been
documented were obviously fraudulent, that all of them could be
dismissed as hoaxes.
Despite such notable interest in the field, little was heard of spirit
photography (outside of Spiritualist circles) for a number of years. But
during this time, some fairly spectacular photos did manage to appear
and some of them have remained unexplained ever since.
Perhaps my favorite of this period has been referred to as the "Lord
Combermere Photograph". The photo was taken in 1891 (and first published
in 1895) by Sybell Corbett, who was staying with her
sister at Combermere Abbey in Cheshire, England. She decided to take a
photo of the large library there and used an exposure of about one hour,
a fact that she noted in her diary. Although no one was in the room when
the photo was taken, the developed plate showed the
faint image of a man seated in one of the chairs. The photograph was
shown to a relative of Lord Combermere and it was identified as being
the man himself. The problem with this was at the time the photo was
taken, Lord Combermere was being buried in a churchyard a few miles
away. He had been killed in an accident just five days before! The photo
has defied explanation ever since.
In 1911, spirit photography entered the mainstream with the publication
of the book PHOTOGRAPHING THE INVISIBLE by James Coates. It covered
dozens of cases of spirit photographs in detail and was later revised
and expanded in 1921. It remains one of the most comprehensive books on
the subject during this period and it managed to bring spirit
photography into the mainstream for the first time.
Following the publication of the book, several noteworthy articles
appeared on spirit photography, including one by James Hyslop, a
Columbia University professor. He wrote an introduction to a
series of experiments carried out by Charles Cook of two American spirit
photographers, Edward Wyllie of Los Angeles and Alex Martin of Denver.
Cook did extensive work with the two men in 1916
and provided them with his own plates and had them developed by a
commercial studio. In this way, he eliminated any opportunity that the
two men might have had to doctor the images. Cook concluded
that the photographs submitted were genuine but in these cases thought
the name "psychic photography" better matched the phenomenon. He
believed that the two men actually produced the
images through some psychical means, rather than actually photographing
ghosts.
One investigator of this period who investigated more than his share of
frauds was the famous magician, Harry Houdini. He had his own experience
with an unexplainable photograph though and this
incident is chronicled in my book INTO THE SHADOWS. An excerpt from this
strange experience appears on the website at
"http://www.prairieghosts.com/shadows_ex.html"
Despite the failure to debunk a number of the spirit photographs of the
time, the reality of the photographs was not accepted by the scientists
of the day. As it is today, the majority of them
simply refused to examine the data and assumed that fraud was more than
adequate to explain the findings. One of the few exceptions was Sir
William Crookes, the distinguished chemist and
physicist. For 30 years, he was a member of the Royal Society and was
known for his discovery of thallium, his studies of photography and
other scientific work. At the invitation of several skeptical members of
the Royal Society, he agreed to take on a six month
study of psychic phenomenon. Instead of just six months though, his work
continued for years and he came to the conclusion that much of what he
studied (including psychic photographs) was genuine. He presented his
findings in both book and article form but soon became discouraged about
convincing most of his scientific colleagues of the reality of what he
was doing. He endured ridicule and disdain, but never wavered from his
beliefs. More than 25 years later, he would maintain that spirit
photography could, and did, exist.
As time passed and photographic techniques and equipment became more
advanced, researchers began to discover that some of the photographs
being taken in allegedly haunted locations could not be
explained away as film flaws and tricks of light. Gone were the days of
phony photos that were taken by so-called spirit mediums in studios.
They had been replaced by often accidental photos
that defied all logic.
One of the most convincing photographs was the famous image of the
"Brown Lady" of Raynham Hall in Norfolk, England. The photo was taken
Captain Provand, a professional photographer, who was taking snapshots
of the house for Britain's Country Life magazine in September 1936. His
assistant, Indre Shira, actually saw the apparition coming down the
staircase and directed Provand to take the photo, even though the other
man saw nothing at the time. Experts have examined the resulting image
many times, although no explanation for it has ever been given.
Another amazing photograph is that of the Greenwich Ghost. Reverend RW
Hardy took this photo in 1966 at Queen's House, Greenwich, London.
Although nothing was seen at the time, the developed image clearly shows
a shrouded figure, bent over and climbing the stairs. The photo and
original negative were examined at length by Kodak and by other
photographic experts. They were unable to explain the figure and were
sure that the print had not been double-exposed.
And there are many others that have survived the efforts to debunk them
over the years. These strange photos remain an enigma to researchers and
skeptics alike.
The field of spirit photography today is far removed from its namesake
of the Victorian and Edwardian eras. The modern field of spirit
photography involves many kinds of advanced techniques.
It has also changed significantly in that most spirit photography is no
longer created by conscious effort (as with sitters and studios) but
rather in the course of paranormal investigations. While
capturing genuine images is undoubtedly still the main thrust of today's
spirit photography, this method of photographing investigation and
haunted sites actually makes it harder to discover how spirit photos are
actually created. In spite of these "accidental" type photos though,
many amazing images have been the result, thanks in large part to the
advances in cameras, film and equipment.
Despite the gains in technology though, spirit photography is still
(and should be) subjected to the same kind of scrutiny now as it was
many years ago. Just because someone claims that they have
a photo of a ghost, does not necessarily mean that they do. Many of the
same problems experienced with paranormal photographs in the past are
still problems today, including double exposures, tricks of light, and
yes, even obvious hoaxes. In addition, we have a whole
new set of problems that no one ever dreamed about in the past, from
camera straps to lens refractions.
But how does taking photographs of ghosts actually work? How do ghosts
end up on film when that cannot be seen with the human eye?
Unfortunately, no one really knows. Some believe that it has something
to do with the camera's ability to freeze a moment of time and space in
a way that the human eye cannot do. This ability may combine with the
intense energy pattern of the ghost, which
somehow imprints itself through emulsion onto the film itself. This goes
back to the theory that spirit energy is some sort of radiation, as of
yet unexplained by science.
In addition to those theories, it has also been suggested that ghosts
may be at a different spectrum of light than we are used to. This light
spectrum may be one that is not visible to the human eye and yet the
camera manages to sometimes pick it up, simply acting as a machine and
not being fallible like the human mind and body is. This may be the
reason that infrared film is often suggested as the best film to use
when hunting ghosts.
Once again, these are only theories. It may be a combination of any of
these methods and for all we know, every one of is correct - or perhaps
none of them are. As with anything else to do with the
paranormal, few researchers are ever in complete agreement as to how
something works. Most ghost hunters simply find a method for producing
ghost photographs and then adapt it to work in their own
research. Most often though, ghosts are captured quite by accident,
leaving no clues as to why a particular photo was successful.
Each photo that is taken and is displayed should be under intense
scrutiny by the researcher before he presents it to the public. There
are dozens (more likely hundreds!) of terrible photos out there that
claim to be authentic. Many of them are not! This sort of shoddy ghost
research is damaging to every legitimate ghost investigator because all
of us are constantly under tremendous pressure to
provide some kind of proof that ghosts exist.
Thanks to the fraud and trickery of the past (and also thanks to some
of the so-called "ghost photos" of today), the public questions nearly
every photo that is brought to light. This is where a ghost hunter's
knowledge of cameras, films and natural lens effects becomes so
important. I encourage anyone who wants to be a legitimate ghost hunter
to go out and purchase standard books on photography. You should know
your camera, your shutter speeds and what can happen with lens
refractions, light reflections and arcs. By doing this, you have
protected yourself from the arguments of the debunkers and perhaps have
spared yourself some embarrassment by finding your own flaws in some of
your photos. Once you understand the natural effects that can occur, you
will be confident about the photos you are taking.
More information about spirit photography and the how-to's of
techniques, films, lens and much more are available in Dale Kaczmarek's
new book, the FIELD GUIDE TO SPIRIT PHOTOGRAPHY and in my book, THE
GHOST HUNTER'S GUIDEBOOK. Both of them are available on the website at
"https://www.prairieghosts.com/ghh.html"

__________

GHOST HUNTING TIP
__________

Do you have a ghost hunting tip you’d like to share with our readers?
Send to us at: Edi-@haunted-places.com

___________

IN THE NEWS
___________

Submitted by Feature writer Brandy at: sfcf-@scfn.thpl.lib.fl.us"

Angels Around Lara?
Story originally published by: Beeld -South Africa - Liesl van Niekerk
All copyrights acknowledged

Port Elizabeth, SOUTH AFRICA - Big Brother series producers have
confirmed to Lara¹s father rumours that angel-like beings "surrounded"
Lara during her most vulnerable moment.
Michael Plumstead said a viewer sent an e-mail message to Big Brother
producers after seeing two "beings" surrounding Lara in her room on
Sunday between 9.30pm and 9.45pm.
"The woman said the two beings, a middle-aged man and woman with
shoulder-length hair, were around Lara’s head.
"The producers checked the video recordings and confirmed the incident.
My first impulse had been that it must have been a reflection on the
glass in front of the camera. However, the producers said the images
were recorded by an infra-red camera in the room itself," Plumstead
said.
Although Plumstead has not seen the video images himself, he believes
it could have been guardian angels, probably even his own father who
died a while ago. He added that his family grew up with the idea of
guardian angels and fairies and they are aware of these presences in
their lives.
"I believe that angels surround us constantly, and they affirm their
physical presence more strongly when somebody undergoes emotional
strain. The stress Lara experienced on Sunday following her nomination
was the worst stress she has had to sustain in her entire life,"
Plumstead said. "The people who saw the images said the presence of the
beings appeared to be sympathetic and comforting, and they seemed to be
part of her," he noted.
An informed source confirmed that guardian angels are often somebody
who had been close to you prior to their death and they protect you
during emotional trauma.
The producers reportedly told Plumstead that they would put the video
images up on the Internet.

___________

INVESTIGATIVE RESULTS
___________

Has your group recently completely an interesting or unusual
investigation. We’d love to hear about it! Tell us a little history
about the site, why it is considered haunted, and the results of your
investigation. Email your report to: Edi-@haunted-places.com . Be sure
to put Investigative Results in the subject line.

_____________

SEEKING INFORMATION
___________

email the senders.

***
From Stacey at:staceydi-@yahoo.com

I was wondering if there are any haunted places in Westmoreland county
PA?

***
From Steven at: "slign-@ets.org"

Do you by any chance have a list of haunted sites in NJ? Preferably
Central NJ?

***
From: R. Lee at: “rle-@uswest.net"

I am extremely interested in hearing from anyone who knows anything
about the so-called "Monster" or "Creature" of Conser Lake in
Millersburg, Oregon in 1960. Serious replies only, confidentially
respected.
Contact R. Lee at "rle-@uswest.net" or write:
P.O. Box 23931
Eugene Oregon 97402.

___________

TRUE EXPERIENCES
___________

From: Kali Morgassa at: “XxJen-@aol.com”

I live in Florida near the old tower on bird Street. That is in Tampa.
When I was just a little girl I used to always play in the old tower. My
friends and I would run around and scream listening to our voices echo.

One day while we were playing I saw this man. He looked at me and told
me to get out of there before something bad would happen. We thought he
was playing a joke on us since we were little. Of course we didn't
listen. Soon he went away, but didn't disappear.
Then we heard a loud crack and screech and we saw a lady. She looked at
us and mouthed what we thought to be,"Help." We were so scared, we ran
out screaming.
I remember this moment so precisely because it was the only paranormal
thing I had ever witnessed. I couldn't forget it. I returned when I was
older. The tower looked even more deserted then ever. I didn't see
anything but I knew I felt a presence. There were also many bats.

___________

UPCOMING EVENTS
___________

For complete details of all events listed in this section please visit:
http://www.haunted-places.com/tours.htm

***
MAY:

History & Hauntings Tours
Hosted by: Troy Taylor
Haunted Greenwood Cemetery walking tours!
Friday night, May 31 and
Cost is $12 per person.
The tour is based on Troy Taylor's new edition of WHERE THE DEAD WALK,
For more information on this tour call toll-free at 1-888-446-7859 or
register at "http://www.prairieghosts.com/tours.html"

***
The Ohio State Reformatory Ghost Hunt
Mansfield, Ohio
May 17th
May 31st
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
For more info visit: http://www.mrps.org/ghost/index.html

***
West Virginia State Penitentiary Ghost Hunt
Moundsville, West Virginia
Hosted by M.A.J.D.A. Paranormal Investigators ( Website:
http://www.majda.net/ )
May 24th - 130 tickets available.
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
Tickets can be ordered at: http://www.majda.net/events.html
For more info contact John or Lisa at: MAJD-@aol.com

***

History & Hauntings Tours
Hosted by: Troy Taylor
See the descriptions below or get more information about the tours at
"http://www.prairieghosts.com/tours.html"

Saturday, May 25 - 7:30 PM
New! Spirits of the Civil War Tour
Standard Ghost Tour: $30 per person
(Tickets on Sale - Starting March 25)

***
Ghost Safari's 2002 Conference,
"Evidence and Enigmas" will convene May 25th all day and into the
evening at the Holiday Inn in Broken Arrow, OK. Ghost hunters,
researchers and paranormal enthusiasts are invited to attend this
informal but jam-packed conference. Featured will be some of the best
ghost investigators in the country presenting the current state of their
research along with photographic, video and audio evidence. The cost is
$30 and includes continental breakfast, afternoon snacks and exciting
door prizes including a Trifield Natural EM Meter, Vivitar 3-D camera,
Gauss Master meters and several other prizes. Attendees will be
encouraged to present their own evidence at several open "Show and Tell"
sessions so bring those photos, videotapes and EVP samples! We'll have
all the state-of-the-art presentation equipment and a bang-up sound
system! The conference will also include vendor and information tables
all in a huge conference room. Email rich-@ghostsafari.com and visit
www.ghostsafari.com for more information and to register on line.

***
JUNE 2002:

History & Hauntings Tours
Hosted by: Troy Taylor
See the description below or get more information about the tours at
"http://www.prairieghosts.com/tours.html"

Saturday, June 1 - 7:30 PM
Special! Haunted Greenwood Cemetery Walking Tour
Decatur, Illinois - Hosted by Troy Taylor
A walking tour of the most haunted cemetery in downstate Illinois, based
on the book "Where the Dead Walk" by Troy Taylor!
Special Thanks to the "Haunted Decatur Tours": $12 per person
(Tickets on Sale - Starting March 25)

***
West Virginia State Penitentiary Ghost Hunt
Moundsville, West Virginia
Hosted by M.A.J.D.A. Paranormal Investigators ( Website:
http://www.majda.net/ )
June 14th - 130 tickets available.
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
Tickets can be ordered at: http://www.majda.net/events.html
For more info contact John or Lisa at: MAJD-@aol.com

***
The Ohio State Reformatory Ghost Hunt
Mansfield, Ohio
June 14th
June 28th
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
For more info visit: http://www.mrps.org/ghost/index.html

***
American Ghost Society 2002 Haunted America National Conference
June 20 - 23, 2002
Hosted by Troy & Amy Taylor (American Ghost Society Founders)
at the History & Hauntings Book Co. Building
515 East Third Street - Haunted Alton, Illinois
Detailed information is available at: "http://www.prairieghosts.com".

***
On June 23-26, 2002, The Academy of Religion and Psychical Research
will sponsor its 27th annual conference on "MEDIUMSHIP: A DOORWAY TO
OTHER DIMENSIONS OF EXISTENCE" at Rosemont College, Rosemont,
Pennsylvania (11 miles west of Philadelphia).
For details of the program and to register, go to the ARPR Web site -
"http://www.lightlink.com/arpr/" - e-mail bat-@infi.net, phone
860-242-4593, or write to ARPR, P.O. Box 614, Bloomfield, CT 06002-0614.

For your information, the ARPR Web site has over 225 links separated
into 24 different categories such as Ghosts/Haunted Places, Near-Death
Experiences, Out-of-Body Experiences, Parapsychology, etc.

***
A special SPIRITS art show featuring photos shot during SPIRITS ghost
hunts, and art by SPIRITS members.
June 28 - Aug. 13
Snooty Judy's Gallery - Dunedin, Florida

Images will include "false positives", spectral shots, and "no result"
pictures that also capture and embody artistic qualities of
photography.
For more info contact Brandy at: sfcf-@scfn.thpl.lib.fl.us
The SPIRITS website is: http://centralflghosts.homestead.com/home.html

***
Campout / Ghost Hunt in the ghost town of Sprucevale.
Near East Liverpool, Ohio
Hosted by M.A.J.D.A. Paranormal Investigators ( Website:
http://www.majda.net/ )
June 29th - Date subject to change due to the weather.
Free
Open to members only.
For more info contact John or Lisa at: MAJD-@aol.com

***
JULY 2002:

West Virginia State Penitentiary Ghost Hunt
Moundsville, West Virginia
Hosted by M.A.J.D.A. Paranormal Investigators ( Website:
http://www.majda.net/ )
July 12th - 130 tickets available.
July 26th - 130 tickets available.
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
Tickets can be ordered at: http://www.majda.net/events.html
For more info contact John or Lisa at: MAJD-@aol.com

***
The Ohio State Reformatory Ghost Hunt
Mansfield, Ohio
July 12th
July 26th
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
For more info visit: http://www.mrps.org/ghost/index.html

***
History & Hauntings Tours
Hosted by: Troy Taylor
See the description below or get more information about the tours at
"http://www.prairieghosts.com/tours.html"

Saturday, July 13 - 6:30 PM
New! Special Ghost Hunter's Tour- "Behind the Scenes" of Haunted Alton!
Alton, Illinois - Hosted by Troy Taylor
A special four-hour ghost hunter's tour, beginning with a presentation
on ghosts, hauntings and ghost hunting by Troy Taylor and then an
in-depth tour of Alton's most haunted places! :$50 per person
(Tickets on Sale - Starting March 25)

***
The Haunted West Virginia 2002 Ghost Hunters Conference will take place
on July 19th, 20th & 21st in downtown Parkersburg, West Virginia at the
haunted and historic Blennerhassett Hotel.
Speakers include Troy Taylor, Chanda Wright, Susan Sheppard, Richard
Southall, Donnie Sargeant and Jeff Wamsley.
Registration begins at 6:00 p.m. on Friday the 19th, in the Charleston
Ballroom at the hotel. For more info, go to
"http://www.hauntedparkersburg.com" or email directly to Susan Sheppard
at "shep-@wirefire.com" For a brochure or card with special
conference rates (around $60.00) write to Haunted WV 2002 Ghost
Conference with SASE at 917 26th Street, Parkersburg, WV 26104 or call
(304) 428-7978

***
AUGUST 2002:

The Ohio State Reformatory Ghost Hunt
Mansfield, Ohio
August 2nd
August 16th
August 30th
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
For more info visit: http://www.mrps.org/ghost/index.html

***
West Virginia State Penitentiary Ghost Hunt
Moundsville, West Virginia
Hosted by M.A.J.D.A. Paranormal Investigators ( Website:
http://www.majda.net/ )
August 9th - 130 tickets available.
August 23rd - 130 tickets available.
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
Tickets can be ordered at: http://www.majda.net/events.html
For more info contact John or Lisa at: MAJD-@aol.com

***
SEPTEMBER 2002:

The Ohio State Reformatory Ghost Hunt
Mansfield, Ohio
September 6th
September 14th
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
For more info visit: http://www.mrps.org/ghost/index.html

***
West Virginia State Penitentiary Ghost Hunt
Moundsville, West Virginia
Hosted by M.A.J.D.A. Paranormal Investigators ( Website:
http://www.majda.net/ )
September 20th - 130 tickets available - Last ghost hunt for 2002!
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
Tickets can be ordered at: http://www.majda.net/events.html
For more info contact John or Lisa at: MAJD-@aol.com

***
KateFest 2002 will be held on the weekend of September 28th and 29th in
Adams, Tennessee, and plans are underway for the biggest and best
KateFest ever!
Now in its third year, KateFest provides Bell Witch and other
paranormal enthusiasts the opportunity to swap stories, attend lectures
and workshops dealing with all areas of the paranormal, see stage
productions of the Bell Witch legend, listen to live music, eat good
food, buy or sell paranormal-related books, jewelry and other items,
tour public attractions, and have lots of fun in the heart of "Bell
Witch Country"--Adams, Tennessee. From children to professional ghost
hunters, and to paranormal researchers and skeptics alike--attendees
leave KateFest with a much greater knowledge and appreciation of the
paranormal, lots of good memories, and plenty of new friends.

KateFest 2002 will offer:

* Vendors featuring antiques, books, arts and crafts, jewelry, psychic
readings, spiritual consultation, and much more.
* A panel of experts will discuss various aspects of the Bell Witch and
other popular ghost stories.
* Prominent speakers will present lectures and workshops dealing with
topics such as spirituality, demonology, the Bell Witch, poltergeists,
ghost photography, ghost hunting, UFOs, remote viewing, and many other
topics.
* Authors of Bell Witch and other paranormal-related books will be on
hand to sell and sign copies of their works.
* There will be at least three (3) mystery "dare" type events. These are
generally unprecedented, once-in-a-lifetime events that you DON'T want
to miss! "Mystery" events are limited as to the number of participants,
and are kept secret until the time of the event.
* A full stage production of the Bell Witch legend.
* On-site "guides" dressed in period clothing (1820), representing some
members of the John Bell family and other major characters in the
legend.
* "John Bell" will provide a telling of the story to those who are
either
new to the legend or just want to brush up.
* Musical entertainment ranging from bluegrass to country, to rock, and
who knows what else. Particular acts/showtimes will be announced in the
future.
* Concessions -- standard stuff; e.g., hot dogs, soft drinks, etc.
* There will also be plenty of good ol' Southern cookin,' compliments of
none other than the "Kate's Southern Kitchen Witchery" exhibit.
* Several fantastic KateFest t-shirt designs to choose from.
* Much, much more!

The KateFest Web page ("http://www.katefest.com") is constantly updated
as things come together. Please visit the site today for details on
KateFest 2002!

***
OCTOBER 2002:

HAUNTED NEWPORT
October 1-31, 2002
Newport, Rhode Island
"http://www.hauntednewport.com"

Largest month-long Halloween "spooktacular" in North America
established in 1999 to promote a positive view of Halloween. Featured
over 120 events in 2001,including: Halloween Market, haunted hayrides,
vampire and ghost tours, Halloween parties, murder mysteries, ghost
ships, psychic readings, author book signings, Edgar Allan Poe Weekend,
wizard workshops, Opening Day
Scaremony and more.

***
Campout / Ghost Hunt in the ghost town of Sprucevale.
Near East Liverpool, Ohio
Hosted by M.A.J.D.A. Paranormal Investigators ( Website:
http://www.majda.net/ )
October 19th - Date subject to change due to the weather.
Free
Open to members only.
For more info contact John or Lisa at: MAJD-@aol.com

***
NOVEMBER 2002:
The Ohio State Reformatory Ghost Hunt
Mansfield, Ohio
November 9th
November 23rd - Last ghost hunt for 2002!
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
For more info visit: http://www.mrps.org/ghost/index.html

***
APRIL 2003:

Second Annual Ghost Hunters Conference.
Governors Ballroom
Radison Penn Harris
Camp Hill, PA
Saturday, April 12, 2003.
Limited number of seats (150)
If you are interested in attending next year, which will have fresh, new
information and lots of fun activity, reserve your seat now.
For more info contact Kelly at: "Weav-@aol.com"

___________

MEDIA LISTINGS
___________

   The media listing mainly cover the 8pm to 10pm time slots. Most
listed times are Eastern Standard Time. Please check your local listings
for the correct viewing times in your area.

***
TELEVISION PROGRAMS:

Due to problems beyond our control TV listing this week are not complete
and may not be accurate. Please check your local listings.

***
UPN:

Tue - 14th at 8pm - Buffy the Vampire Slayer:
***
SCIFI:

Sunday thru Thursday at 11 and 11:30pm - Crossing Over With John Edwards

Tue - 14th at 8pm - Outer Limits:
Wed - 15th at 8pm - Outer Limits:
Thu - 16th at 8pm - Outer Limits:
Mon - 20th at 8pm - Outer Limits:

***
PAX:

Tue - 14th at 8pm - Mysterious Ways:

***
DISCOVERY KIDS:

Fri - 17th at 8pm - Truth or Scare:
Fri - 17th at 8:30pm - Truth or Scare:
Sat - 11th at 8pm - Truth or Scare:
Sat - 11th at 8:30pm - Truth or Scare:
Sun - 19th at 8pm - Truth or Scare:
Sun - 12th at 8:30pm - Truth or Scare:
***
RADIO PROGRAMS:

ART BELL ( Website: http://www.artbell.com/index.html ):

05/19/02 - Sun/Mon
Host: George Noory
Guest: David Hatcher Childress
At the age of 19 David Hatcher Childress left the United States on a
six-year research and adventure odyssey. Childress would study firsthand
the ancient civilizations of Africa, the Middle East and China; along
with journeying into dangerous territory occasionally, like Uganda
during the overthrow of Idi Amin. Further expeditions to South America,
Africa and remote Pacific Islands, along with his books and media
attention certified Childress as the Real Life Indiana Jones. From
Childress further 20 years of global search for lost cities, ancient
mysteries and clues of humankind's origins, The LOST CITIES SERIES of 8
titles has come about.
Website: "http://adventuresunlimited.co.nz/"

05/20/02 - Mon/Tue
Guest: Dr. Gregory Stock
Rather than worry about the ethics of human cloning, Gregory Stock,
director of the UCLA School of Medicine's Program of Medicine,
Technology and Society, believes we should focus our attention on the
idea that we'll soon be able to genetically manipulate embryos to
develop desired traits a more immediate and enticing possibility for
most parents than cloning.
Website: "http://research.mednet.ucla.edu/pmts"

05/21/02 - Tue/Wed
Guest: Bryan Jameison
Long acclaimed as a Master Past-Life regressionist, Bryan also is
internationally recognized as a true pioneer in the field of past-life
therapy. After creating his own non-hypnotic method of past-life
regression in 1968, he went on to facilitate more than 25,000
regressions and train nearly 2,000 others to become past-life
regressionists in the United States, Canada and Western Europe.
Website: "http://www.adventuresinreincarnation.com/"

05/22/02 - Wed/Thu
TBA

05/23/02 - Thu/Fri
Guest: Donna Good Higbee
In 1994, Donna Good Higbee began an investigation into HSII (human
spontaneous involuntary invisibility). In every HSII case she has
researched, the person is physically still present, although unable to
be seen or heard. From the point of view of the invisible person, the
world looks normal and they have no idea that they cannot be seen or
heard by people around them. Donna continues to receive reports of human
spontaneous involuntary invisibility.
Website: "http://members.aol.com/Rapunz1/DH_index.html"

05/24/02 - Fri/Sat
OPEN LINES

***
The "Exploring Unexplained Phenomena" radio program is on KZUM 89.3 FM,
Lincoln, NE, and has been on-air every Saturday morning since 1984, 10 -
11:30 am Central Time. The station phone number during the program only:
402-474-5086. The host is Scott H. Colborn, email at:
"kcol-@inebraska.com" and website is:
"http://www.thewayhomestore.com" .

May 25th:
Robert VanDerClock:
The UFO crash at Roswell in 1947, a look at the late Colonel Philip J.
Corso (author of "The Day After Roswell"), and views on "Project
Disclosure."

***
INTERNET RADIO PROGRAMS:

Jeff Rense: Listen at : http://www.sightings.com/
Mon. - Fri. at 7pm to 10 pm Pacific time
Sat. at 9pm to 3am Pacific time
Sun. at 8pm to 11pm Pacific time

***
http://www.pawebcast.cc/