Welcome Guest!
 Haunted Places
 May 26, 2002 17:51 PDT
THE HAUNTED PLACES REPORT

Founded by: Dennis William Hauck
Edited by: Rev. Ronald E. Beach
Email: Edi-@haunted-places.com
Website: http://www.Haunted-Places.com

editor.

05/28/02

___________

CONTENTS:
___________

* From the Editor
* Letters to the Editor
* Announcements
* Featured Article
* Ghost Hunting Tip
* In the News
* Seeking Information
* True Experiences
* Upcoming Events
* Media Listings

_____________

FROM THE EDITOR
_____________

From time to time we receive a request from subscribers asking us to
delete their old email address from our list and add their new one. Our
newsletter is sent out thru Topica and due to the way Topica is set up
we are unable to change your email address. This is something your must
yourself thru your Topica account.

***
Have you every wondered what the staff of The Haunted Places Report
looks like? Have you wanted to know more about them and their
backgrounds? Now you can find out by visiting our “Meet the Staff” page
at: http://www.haunted-places.com/meet_the_staff.htm

***
We are in the process of updating the paranormal groups link page at
Haunted-Places.com . If you would like your group added to the list
please send email to: “Webm-@haunted-places.com”. Be sure to include
a short bio (1 or 2 paragraphs) about your group. Also include in the
email the URL for your group’s website and the state you would like to
be listed under.
Haunted-Places.com has over 12,000 visitor’s a month, many who are
looking for groups in their area

***
We are currently working on compiling a reference library about ghosts
and hauntings. If you have any paranormal related books, magazines, news
articles, etc... that you would like to donate please send them to:
The Haunted Places Report
P O Box 341
Damascus, Ohio 44619

***
We have a winner for last week’s contest! The first to correctly answer
all the questions is Pam & Dave Curry. They will be receiving a copy of
the book “Electronic Projects from the Next Demension”. The correct
answers were:

1. Q: What type of racing did our Editor, Ron, used to be involved in?
    A: Drag racing

2. Q: Feature Writer Pat was raised in the area of what infamous
haunting of the nineteenth century?
    A: Bell Witch Haunting

3. Q: What type of pets does Assistant Editor Tammy have?
   A: 2 Parakeets, 2 Guinea Pigs, 3 Cats

4. Q: Haunted Places founder Dennis is fluent in what other language
besides English?
   A: German

5. Q: Feature Writer Brandy is an artist specializing in what type of
sculptures?
   A: Hand-wrapped metal wire sculptures

6. Q: What is the name of Feature Writer Kelly’s business?
   A: Kelly's Magical Garden

7. Q: John, one of our feature writers, holds a degree in what subject?
   A: Art Degree

8. Q: In what state does Patty, another feature writer, live in?
   A: Central Pennsylvania

_____________

LETTERS TO THE EDITOR
_____________

We invite your letters to the editor. Tell us how you feel about things
in the newsletter or in the ghost hunting community. All letters must be
accompanied by an email address so other readers can respond to you.

***
From: VAI-@aol.com

I really enjoy your awesome newsletter keep up the good work. These
stories have always fascinated me. I just sympathize with these restless
spirits which roam these most intriguing places, because I can’t say
exactly what they must feel but, in a similar way I too feel as if I
have died long ago. Where or why will forever remain a mystery to those
around me.
Just like hauntings will always be a mystery to us all. Because I too
feel so numb and lost. True my pain cannot compare to theirs but similar
in some ways.
My heart and prayers go out to those who are so lost and are unable to
find the peace I too wish to find one day. Once again my friend keep up
the wonderful work Thank you and you staff for your time.

_____________

ANNOUNCEMENTS
_____________

Are you staring a new paranormal investigation group? Is your group
looking for new members? Does your group have an upcoming event? Has
your group done any interesting investigations? Has your group or
members of it appeared on any TV or radio programs? Do you have any
ghostly related news from your local area? If the answer to any of these
questions is “Yes”, please let us know so we can publish the information
in upcoming issues.

***

From: Sue at: ssmi-@mail.greatnorthbc.com

I'm finally finished with my book of Oregon's ghost stories and now am
working on the next one, Ghost Stories of New England. If anyone has any
information or contacts that would be helpful to my current book please
contact me at the above email address or at: mez-@telus.net

***

From Kelly Weaver at: "Weav-@aol.com"

I've made it! I'm alive and well after the Independent Ghost Hunters
Conference that was held on April 19 & 20th! I can hardly believe it is
over. I'll have all of you know, I went through Conference withdraw,
that is after I slept most of the day on Sunday! A great time seemed to
be had by all and new friends were made. I want to thank all of you for
participating and helping John and me. It was everything I had hoped for
and more.
The energy was fabulous and vibrant, plus we managed to scrounge up a
few spooks along the way between the Iron Kettle and Rutherford House.
We were able to donate $200 to the home that night and Jean was
thrilled! She purchased some furniture for the members and thanks
everyone for helping. THANK YOU! THANK YOU!
I really am grateful to those of you who helped me with this
conference. The Krouch's and Brenda Rudy manned the front door. (Ray did
very well with my filing system). Valerie & Rob Moore did a great job
getting door prizes and food for us. Sandy, Georgann, Elaine, Annie.
Rebecca, Thank you. Ed, Ed Jr., Brutus, Craig, Mark, Ralph, Allen,
(appreciated the books from both of you too!) Michelle Post had the task
of trying to tally up the winners. I also loved the thought behind the
"cows, fish and chicken cards) Marica Shore assisted Michelle during the
tally phase. Thanks for working under pressure, no pressure, I know! We
love Ed Sr. for supplying the volunteers with a nice white polo shirt
screened with our Capital Ghost Forum logo. What a nice touch! I
appreciated the "name tag ladies" who buzzed right along while stringing
my tags Friday night.
WE love ABC-27 and Flora Posterro for interviewing me twice in one week
for GREAT COVERAGE of our conference! Could John hold any more cameras
around his neck on the newscast? He was finding anomalies and was very
busy... (Sorry, private joke with my doggie Teddy Bear) Thanks to
Richard Shenk of Delaware, who loaned me the photos to use on the
newscast when we only had 10 minutes to find some cool ghost pics.
Thanks go out to the Inner Connection for having beautiful jewelry for
sale along with a nice selection of books. The Allegheny Ghost Hunters
made a fun filled presentation with the novelty items. Loved the ghost
poop! (See end of this announcement to order products. There are still
some cool things left!)
I hear the workshops I missed while doing my own were very informative!
Thanks Jon, Ben and Craig. You too helper/husband John! (He too is soon
going to need an agent). Kudos go to Al Brindza for being such a good
sport while his video was being shown on "what not to do when ghost
hunting" in our workshop on the Sensitive Side. Remember, he was the
DON'T EXAMPLE! He did win the "Spirit Award" voted on by his ghost
hunting peers! Way to go Al. By the way, Al hasn't fallen down since
that video was shot! HE is in control and is doing fine. The 2nd Annual
Independent Ghost Hunters Conference will be held April 11-12, 2003.
Same Location: The Governor's Ballroom at Radisson Penn Harris in Camp
Hill. Space limited to 150. Watch for periodic updates on speakers &
other activities.

Ghost Conference Merchandise is still available with Fun Designs and
Conference Logo! Missed the event or want another shirt, mug or other
great item? They're still available (and at discounted rates!) thru our
good friends Jon, Marty, Al, Jo & Ben at The Allegheny Mountain
Ghosthunters - visit their merchandise page at
http://www.amghosthunters.com/ghosty%20things.html

***
Also from Kelly:

Visions from the Other Side is going LIVE again! Beginning Wed. May 22,
2002 we will be broadcasting LIVE almost every Wed. night between 8:00
PM and 9:00 PM. This will allow for the chat-room to be open, and
call-ins can be taken. (And are encouraged!) Tune in and help us
continue to make this show a success! (Go to Pawebcast.com and Click on
our photo to listen live or check out the archives anytime.)

Editor’s note: See our media section at the end of the newsletter for
more information on this outstanding program.

***
Coming Soon: Paranormal Pennsylvania:

The magazine for the Strange and Unexplained in the Tri-State Area and
Beyond. Each quarterly magazine will bring you folklore, hauntings, and
legends of Big Foot, Ghosts, Psychic Phenomena, UFO's and more.
This magazine will feature contributing consultants with years of
experience and research. Contributors Include: Eric Altman - Bigfoot;
Rick Fisher - Ghost Hunting Tips and Haunted Places; Kelly Weaver -
Psychic Phenomena; Stan Gordon - Bigfoot, UFO's and other Strange
Occurrences. Also providing articles will be Troy Taylor, Mark Nesbitt,
Ed Oconowicz and others. There will also be a section for submitting
your stories. For more details, go to -
http://home.supernet.com/~rfisher/magazine.html

***
From: Conrad at: "cjer-@cogeco.ca"

Hello my name is Conrad. I am 32, I live in Canada, Ont in the city of
Burlington I am trying to start up a group to investigate the
paranormal. Right now there is just me and my two assistants Jeff and
Scott. If there are any other people in my area wanting to join my
group they can e-mail me.

***
From Rick Fisher at: "rfis-@redrose.net

The Other Side Society a Society for all paranormal groups. The Society
was formed in the hopes of bringing people together no matter what their
beliefs and opinions are.
There are two sides in ghost hunting, one uses the scientific methods
the other uses psychics. I was told there are lines being drawn if you
are not for one then you are against why? There are those who profess to
be open minded and spiritual yet condemn others for their beliefs. There
is no governing body in ghost hunting yet some believe there is.
Wouldn't it be nice if everyone could just put their hearts and minds
together and work as one?
That is the purpose of the Other Side Society. Remember that most of
what we know about ghosts are just theories, lets work together and
learn from each other and find ways to prove these theories are real. If
you are interested in joining the Other Side Society send an e-mail to
me. Membership is free.

__________

FEATURED ARTICLE
__________

Weeping Icons
By Feature Writer Brandy B. Stark
Email: sfcf-@scfn.thpl.lib.fl.us

Tarpon Springs is an unusual place with an unusual history. Greek
emigrants from the Dodecanses Islands populated it, utilizing their
knowledge of diving to create a thriving sponge diving industry. As
commerce grew, so did the Greek population. Greek culture, traditions
and religion rose to prominence in the area. Yet, in addition to this,
one other new element was introduced to Tarpon Springs: the weeping
icons.
Icons are pictures of holy people and are venerated as sacred in the
Greek Orthodox Church. Often, they depict Jesus, Mary, or special
saints. Some icons, for reasons unexplained, shed tears that create
mixed reactions from the public. Often, the tears were thought to be
warnings of doom. Weeping icons have a history of accurately predicting
earthquakes and war in Greece. Others believe it is an uplifting
experience that reveals the divine’s interaction with mankind.
The story of the Tarpon Springs icons begins at St. Nicholas Greek
Orthodox Cathedral. On Dec. 5, 1970, a woman cleaning the Church noticed
something odd about the Icon of the church’s patron saint, St. Nicholas:
drops of moisture had formed around the eyes of the image. Yet, the icon
was tightly enclosed in a glass frame.
In the following days, other parishioners reported seeing droplets on
the icon. On Dec. 14, Father Elias, the Church Pastor, also became an
eyewitness to the tears. Skeptical, Father Elias called a carpenter to
examine the icon’s case. The carpenter announced it to be airtight. Even
when exposed to the drying effect of the sun’s rays, the icon still
wept. Others have since examined the icon, none have come to a
conclusion as to why it wept.
The Icon ceased its tears Dec. 8, 1973. For a time, nothing else
happened. Then, in August of 1992, St. Nicholas began to cry again. The
last tear fell Feb. 15, 1996 and since that time the icon has lain
dormant. Dried tear tracks can be seen in the glass that covers St.
Nicholas. No one knows why this icon cried, or why it stopped.
"It may be trying to tell us something…to behave," said one man, who
declined to give his name.
The second weeping icon of Tarpon Springs is located in the Shrine of
Saint Michael Taxiarchis. This small shrine is hidden away between
houses on Hope Street. A grateful mother whose son recovered from a
mysterious illness built the Shrine. The boy attributed his recovery to
the intervention of St. Michael, an Archangel, who requested a shrine be
built in his name.
In 1989, thousands of visitors were drawn to the shrine when tears were
seen flowing from an icon of the Virgin and Christ. Of the two figures
in the icon, only Mary appeared to cry at first. After a Greek Orthodox
service to celebrate the event, tears began flowing from five other
icons, according to witnesses who attended the service. One person
tasted the tears, and reported that they were both salty and oily.
Two years prior to this event in Tarpon Springs, tears were seen
flowing from an icon of the Virgin and the Christ at a church in
Chicago. This icon in the Tarpon Springs shrine is a copy of that icon.
Though candles burn in front of the image and holy oil is dipped from a
bowl housed under the icon’s gaze, the icon has also ceased to weep.
Yet, deep tear tracks remain evident on Mary’s face, remains of tears
that, remarkably, appear to be in proportion to the size of the icon’s
eyes.
The tear residues surprised Scott Harper, a New Port Richey resident
who works in Tarpon Springs. Also interested in the supernatural, he
came out to investigate the mysterious icons.
"I don’t know what could cause this," he said, "Humidity in the air
condensing might be one reason for the tears, but condensation should
appear all over the icon, not only the eyes. I really don’t know what to
make of it."

__________

GHOST HUNTING TIP
__________

Do you have a ghost hunting tip you’d like to share with our readers?
Send to us at: Edi-@haunted-places.com

___________

IN THE NEWS
___________

Submitted by Feature Writer Brandy Stark
Email: "sfcf-@scfn.thpl.lib.fl.us"

GHOSTS FORCE CLYDE TO CLOSE STUDIO
Lorna Hughes
All copyrights acknowledged

Bosses at Radio Clyde have been forced to close one of their studios
after scared DJs said it was haunted. Sunday Mail astrologer Frank
Pilkington says he was attacked and suffered mysterious scratches on his
arm during his regular phone-in slot in Studio Three. He and presenter
Bill Smith were also plagued by technical faults and falling
microphones. Frank said: "Something strange has happened here in the
past. I can feel it.
"Bill and Frank have vowed never to work in there again. But they took
Clyde's Eye in the Sky girl Sharon Oakley along yesterday for a final
look. Bill said: "We'd only been in there a few minutes when equipment
started playing up. Then the microphones came tumbling down on top of
us."The next thing I heard was a yelp from Frank and he said something
had attacked him."I thought he was winding me up but when I looked over,
I could see marks on his arm." Frank said, "It's a disturbing place and
you can feel it immediately. There has definitely been a tragedy or
death on the site which would explain the feelings I got."
Frank offered to do a blessing to exorcise the bad spirits. But Clyde
bosses have decided to close the studio, which is on the site of the old
Singer factory in Clydebank. A spokeswoman said: "The studio is avoided
by all the presenters because they just don't feel comfortable in
there."It used to be a storeroom. Due to recent events, we are thinking
about changing it back and building a new studio elsewhere.

___________

INVESTIGATIVE RESULTS
___________

Has your group recently completely an interesting or unusual
investigation. We’d love to hear about it! Tell us a little history
about the site, why it is considered haunted, and the results of your
investigation. Email your report to: Edi-@haunted-places.com . Be sure
to put Investigative Results in the subject line.

***
Ninth Street Ghost Hunt
An investigation by the S.P.I.R.IT.S.
Website at: http://centralflghosts.homestead.com/home.html
Written by: Brandy Buchanan

Ghost hunting is many things, but it is neither boring nor predictable.
The SPIRITS most certainly recognize this, yet even we were unprepared
for the events that unfolded during a routine investigation.
The inspection took place in a private residence located off Ninth
Street North in St. Petersburg. The home belongs to an older woman ("M")
and her daughter ("S"), who share the two bedroom, 1 bath dwelling with
two cats and a dog. The house itself was built in 1952 and was a rental
property for many years before the mother bought it in 1998.
Of the two, "S" believes in ghosts, and "M" a skeptic. The younger
woman, who moved in with her mother in late 2001, had strange feelings
about the house from prior experiences.
"Before I moved in, Mom asked me to pick up her mail and newspapers
while she was away on a trip. I was about to go over one afternoon when
the words "he doesn't want you there" popped into my mind," "S"
explains. "I had no idea who "he" was, but I didn't want to go that
day!"
The following afternoon, "S" went to the home. Still feeling watched
and unwanted, she grabbed the mail and left as quickly as possible.
When she moved in, the situation became stranger. On several different
occasions, "S" found her cats acting as if there was someone else in the
room. Sometimes, from the corner of her eye she caught movement, while
at other times, she sensed a presence standing in different parts of the
building. Finally, one evening she saw a shadow standing in the doorway
to the computer room. When she turned on the lights, it vanished. Still,
enough was enough. She called for an investigation.
The night the SPIRITS arrived, two guests accompanied the team. "S"
granted permission for the extra personnel, who were interested in the
ghost hunting procedures. In all, 6 people were present, including 1
homeowner, the SPIRITS team and the guests.
The hunt proved, at first, to be disappointing. One room captured the
attention of the guests and the investigation focused on the area for
some time. However, no readings were present, and there were no
anomalies captured on film. The rest of the house proved to have similar
results.
Shortly after the two guest investigators left, and the SPIRITS packed
their equipment away, the ghost made itself known.
Several teammates stood outside talking, while "S" and Karen West, of
the SPIRITS, went back inside for a moment. Upon entering, the women
found "S's" normally quiet dog madly howling as an intense energy
engulfed the room.
"The hairs on my arm just stood straight up," Karen said. "S" felt
herself being insistently pushed forward by an unseen hand. She
grabbed onto her computer desk for support as Karen alerted the others
that something was going on.
Without much warning, the teammates grabbed for the equipment at hand.
Both Brandy and Karen pulled out digital cameras, while Lee went to
offer "S" support through the ordeal.
Now even the equipment defied the rules. Brandy noticed towards the end
of the initial hunt that her camera was dangerously low on batteries.
"It took a full five seconds of depressing the button for the camera to
respond and take a picture, which I remember demonstrating to the
others. When I reached for it again, the camera had been off for about
10 minutes, and I hoped that I'd have enough juice left to at least snap
one or two pictures." The camera took 12 snapshots with flash, the
button depressing easily and the camera readily available. Of those,
three returned with orb images, one where the orb is clearly
distinguishable against "S"'s dark blue shirt.
Karen also had luck. Heading to the other side of the room, and
carefully timing her shots against Brandy's, she found a startling pink
image on one of her pictures. Karen wore no pink, nor did anyone else
present. Subsequent investigation located no pink in the room, on
furniture or otherwise. Karen's nails were unpainted, and too short to
interfere with the camera. The pink anomaly, which drapes over "S"'s
legs and lower body like a skirt, remains a mystery.
Could this entity have been upset that the initial results yielded no
clue that he was there? Or was he simply waiting for a time when the
team would be less distracted by the guests and their equipment to make
himself known?
The identity of the being is truly lost. Police records record no
deaths on the premises, and with a multitude of renters coming and
going, it becomes nearly impossible to determine who, exactly, is within
the home.
Regardless, since this night of acknowledgment, things have settled
within the household. The activity has died down, as have the ominous
feelings. Perhaps this entity was frustrated living in a world unseen
and unrecognized. It appears that even the dead want their share of time
in the spotlight.

____________

SEEKING INFORMATION
___________

email the senders.

***
From: Michelle at: michelle-@hotmail.com"

I am trying to find any information on hauntings at the Pest House in
Knightstown, Indiana and another mansion said to have housed small pox
patients in Knightstown.
I grew up in this area and was doing research on the Pest House. The
house shown as the Pest House on the Knightstown web page, I don't
believe, is the same house as the one my mother calls the Pest House. I
am familiar with both houses and would like any information or links you
might know of that would help me in my research of these two places. I
found one website containing a brief description of each place and the
second is only described as a mansion on a winding road. I can't find
that site again. Regretfully I didn't write it down. Thank you for any
information you might have.

___________

TRUE EXPERIENCES
___________

From: josh at: Filmmak-@cs.com"

My name is Josh and I am a member of the International Ghost Hunters
Society. I am 14 and my home is a very old 19th Century house, in
Huntington, WV. It is filled with angry spirits, but I was used to it at
the time since well, you know, it is my old house
I had a friend stay the night, we slept in my bedroom, which is right
next to a bathroom. We were sleeping and it was about 2:30 am and I
started hearing sounds in the bathroom. That’s normal, it is a
paranormally disturbed house, lots of activity. Suddenly, about 10
minutes later the bathroom window just bust and shattered all over the
ground outside. There was no evidence to anyone being outside and
anyways how can the glass fall outside the window if the blow came from
outside? So apparently the blow to the window came from the inside. My
friend was scared stiff, but he sure ran home fast let me tell you that!
Shortly after we sold the house and it was torn down.

___________

UPCOMING EVENTS
___________

For complete details of all events listed in this section please visit:
http://www.haunted-places.com/tours.htm

***
MAY:

History & Hauntings Tours
Hosted by: Troy Taylor
Haunted Greenwood Cemetery walking tours!
Friday night, May 31 and
Cost is $12 per person.
The tour is based on Troy Taylor's new edition of WHERE THE DEAD WALK,
For more information on this tour call toll-free at 1-888-446-7859 or
register at "http://www.prairieghosts.com/tours.html"

***
The Ohio State Reformatory Ghost Hunt
Mansfield, Ohio
May 17th
May 31st
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
For more info visit: http://www.mrps.org/ghost/index.html

***
West Virginia State Penitentiary Ghost Hunt
Moundsville, West Virginia
Hosted by M.A.J.D.A. Paranormal Investigators ( Website:
http://www.majda.net/ )
May 24th - 130 tickets available.
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
Tickets can be ordered at: http://www.majda.net/events.html
For more info contact John or Lisa at: MAJD-@aol.com

***

History & Hauntings Tours
Hosted by: Troy Taylor
See the descriptions below or get more information about the tours at
"http://www.prairieghosts.com/tours.html"

Saturday, May 25 - 7:30 PM
New! Spirits of the Civil War Tour
Standard Ghost Tour: $30 per person
(Tickets on Sale - Starting March 25)

***
Ghost Safari's 2002 Conference,
"Evidence and Enigmas" will convene May 25th all day and into the
evening at the Holiday Inn in Broken Arrow, OK. Ghost hunters,
researchers and paranormal enthusiasts are invited to attend this
informal but jam-packed conference. Featured will be some of the best
ghost investigators in the country presenting the current state of their
research along with photographic, video and audio evidence. The cost is
$30 and includes continental breakfast, afternoon snacks and exciting
door prizes including a Trifield Natural EM Meter, Vivitar 3-D camera,
Gauss Master meters and several other prizes. Attendees will be
encouraged to present their own evidence at several open "Show and Tell"
sessions so bring those photos, videotapes and EVP samples! We'll have
all the state-of-the-art presentation equipment and a bang-up sound
system! The conference will also include vendor and information tables
all in a huge conference room. Email rich-@ghostsafari.com and visit
www.ghostsafari.com for more information and to register on line.

***
JUNE 2002:

June 1 in Downtown Decatur, Illinois
Haines & Essick Bookstore
A book signing with author Troy Taylor, from 11:00 AM till 1:00 PM.

At 2:00 PM, Troy will be at the Avon Theatre, introducing the chilling
ghost film, "The Devil's Backbone", a subtle horror story about a
haunted orphanage during the Spanish Revolution.

Troy will be in town for two sold-out ghost tours of haunted Greenwood
Cemetery(See below).

***
History & Hauntings Tours
Hosted by: Troy Taylor
See the description below or get more information about the tours at
"http://www.prairieghosts.com/tours.html"

Saturday, June 1 - 7:30 PM
Special! Haunted Greenwood Cemetery Walking Tour
Decatur, Illinois - Hosted by Troy Taylor
A walking tour of the most haunted cemetery in downstate Illinois, based
on the book "Where the Dead Walk" by Troy Taylor!
Special Thanks to the "Haunted Decatur Tours": $12 per person
(Tickets on Sale - Starting March 25)

***
West Virginia State Penitentiary Ghost Hunt
Moundsville, West Virginia
Hosted by M.A.J.D.A. Paranormal Investigators ( Website:
http://www.majda.net/ )
June 14th - 130 tickets available.
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
Tickets can be ordered at: http://www.majda.net/events.html
For more info contact John or Lisa at: MAJD-@aol.com

***
The Ohio State Reformatory Ghost Hunt
Mansfield, Ohio
June 14th
June 28th
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
For more info visit: http://www.mrps.org/ghost/index.html

***
American Ghost Society 2002 Haunted America National Conference
June 20 - 23, 2002
Hosted by Troy & Amy Taylor (American Ghost Society Founders)
at the History & Hauntings Book Co. Building
515 East Third Street - Haunted Alton, Illinois
Detailed information is available at: "http://www.prairieghosts.com".

***
On June 23-26, 2002, The Academy of Religion and Psychical Research
will sponsor its 27th annual conference on "MEDIUMSHIP: A DOORWAY TO
OTHER DIMENSIONS OF EXISTENCE" at Rosemont College, Rosemont,
Pennsylvania (11 miles west of Philadelphia).
For details of the program and to register, go to the ARPR Web site -
"http://www.lightlink.com/arpr/" - e-mail bat-@infi.net, phone
860-242-4593, or write to ARPR, P.O. Box 614, Bloomfield, CT 06002-0614.

For your information, the ARPR Web site has over 225 links separated
into 24 different categories such as Ghosts/Haunted Places, Near-Death
Experiences, Out-of-Body Experiences, Parapsychology, etc.

***
A special SPIRITS art show featuring photos shot during SPIRITS ghost
hunts, and art by SPIRITS members.
June 28 - Aug. 13
Snooty Judy's Gallery - Dunedin, Florida

Images will include "false positives", spectral shots, and "no result"
pictures that also capture and embody artistic qualities of
photography.
For more info contact Brandy at: sfcf-@scfn.thpl.lib.fl.us
The SPIRITS website is: http://centralflghosts.homestead.com/home.html

***
Campout / Ghost Hunt in the ghost town of Sprucevale.
Near East Liverpool, Ohio
Hosted by M.A.J.D.A. Paranormal Investigators ( Website:
http://www.majda.net/ )
June 29th - Date subject to change due to the weather.
Free
Open to members only.
For more info contact John or Lisa at: MAJD-@aol.com

***
JULY 2002:

West Virginia State Penitentiary Ghost Hunt
Moundsville, West Virginia
Hosted by M.A.J.D.A. Paranormal Investigators ( Website:
http://www.majda.net/ )
July 12th - 130 tickets available.
July 26th - 130 tickets available.
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
Tickets can be ordered at: http://www.majda.net/events.html
For more info contact John or Lisa at: MAJD-@aol.com

***
The Ohio State Reformatory Ghost Hunt
Mansfield, Ohio
July 12th
July 26th
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
For more info visit: http://www.mrps.org/ghost/index.html

***
History & Hauntings Tours
Hosted by: Troy Taylor
See the description below or get more information about the tours at
"http://www.prairieghosts.com/tours.html"

Saturday, July 13 - 6:30 PM
New! Special Ghost Hunter's Tour- "Behind the Scenes" of Haunted Alton!
Alton, Illinois - Hosted by Troy Taylor
A special four-hour ghost hunter's tour, beginning with a presentation
on ghosts, hauntings and ghost hunting by Troy Taylor and then an
in-depth tour of Alton's most haunted places! :$50 per person
(Tickets on Sale - Starting March 25)

***
The Haunted West Virginia 2002 Ghost Hunters Conference will take place
on July 19th, 20th & 21st in downtown Parkersburg, West Virginia at the
haunted and historic Blennerhassett Hotel.
Speakers include Troy Taylor, Chanda Wright, Susan Sheppard, Richard
Southall, Donnie Sargeant and Jeff Wamsley.
Registration begins at 6:00 p.m. on Friday the 19th, in the Charleston
Ballroom at the hotel. For more info, go to
"http://www.hauntedparkersburg.com" or email directly to Susan Sheppard
at "shep-@wirefire.com" For a brochure or card with special
conference rates (around $60.00) write to Haunted WV 2002 Ghost
Conference with SASE at 917 26th Street, Parkersburg, WV 26104 or call
(304) 428-7978

***
AUGUST 2002:

The Ohio State Reformatory Ghost Hunt
Mansfield, Ohio
August 2nd
August 16th
August 30th
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
For more info visit: http://www.mrps.org/ghost/index.html

***
Annual Haunted Halloween Night
Lincoln Theater in Decatur, Illinois
Hosted by Troy Taylor
August 2
Tickets on Sale for the An All-Night Ghost Hunt at the Most Haunted
Theater in downstate Illinois! More Information will
be posted later!

***
Ghost Hunter's Tour
Alton, Illinois
Hosted by Troy Taylor
August 3
A History & Hauntings Tour, special behind the scenes tour that includes
a ghostworkshop and tour. Four hours of Ghosts!
More info at: "http://www.prairieghosts.com/tours.html"

***
West Virginia State Penitentiary Ghost Hunt
Moundsville, West Virginia
Hosted by M.A.J.D.A. Paranormal Investigators ( Website:
http://www.majda.net/ )
August 9th - 130 tickets available.
August 23rd - 130 tickets available.
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
Tickets can be ordered at: http://www.majda.net/events.html
For more info contact John or Lisa at: MAJD-@aol.com

***
SEPTEMBER 2002:

The Ohio State Reformatory Ghost Hunt
Mansfield, Ohio
September 6th
September 14th
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
For more info visit: http://www.mrps.org/ghost/index.html

***
West Virginia State Penitentiary Ghost Hunt
Moundsville, West Virginia
Hosted by M.A.J.D.A. Paranormal Investigators ( Website:
http://www.majda.net/ )
September 20th - 130 tickets available - Last ghost hunt for 2002!
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
Tickets can be ordered at: http://www.majda.net/events.html
For more info contact John or Lisa at: MAJD-@aol.com

***
KateFest 2002 will be held on the weekend of September 28th and 29th in
Adams, Tennessee, and plans are underway for the biggest and best
KateFest ever!
Now in its third year, KateFest provides Bell Witch and other
paranormal enthusiasts the opportunity to swap stories, attend lectures
and workshops dealing with all areas of the paranormal, see stage
productions of the Bell Witch legend, listen to live music, eat good
food, buy or sell paranormal-related books, jewelry and other items,
tour public attractions, and have lots of fun in the heart of "Bell
Witch Country"--Adams, Tennessee. From children to professional ghost
hunters, and to paranormal researchers and skeptics alike--attendees
leave KateFest with a much greater knowledge and appreciation of the
paranormal, lots of good memories, and plenty of new friends.

KateFest 2002 will offer:

* Vendors featuring antiques, books, arts and crafts, jewelry, psychic
readings, spiritual consultation, and much more.
* A panel of experts will discuss various aspects of the Bell Witch and
other popular ghost stories.
* Prominent speakers will present lectures and workshops dealing with
topics such as spirituality, demonology, the Bell Witch, poltergeists,
ghost photography, ghost hunting, UFOs, remote viewing, and many other
topics.
* Authors of Bell Witch and other paranormal-related books will be on
hand to sell and sign copies of their works.
* There will be at least three (3) mystery "dare" type events. These are
generally unprecedented, once-in-a-lifetime events that you DON'T want
to miss! "Mystery" events are limited as to the number of participants,
and are kept secret until the time of the event.
* A full stage production of the Bell Witch legend.
* On-site "guides" dressed in period clothing (1820), representing some
members of the John Bell family and other major characters in the
legend.
* "John Bell" will provide a telling of the story to those who are
either
new to the legend or just want to brush up.
* Musical entertainment ranging from bluegrass to country, to rock, and
who knows what else. Particular acts/showtimes will be announced in the
future.
* Concessions -- standard stuff; e.g., hot dogs, soft drinks, etc.
* There will also be plenty of good ol' Southern cookin,' compliments of
none other than the "Kate's Southern Kitchen Witchery" exhibit.
* Several fantastic KateFest t-shirt designs to choose from.
* Much, much more!

The KateFest Web page ("http://www.katefest.com") is constantly updated
as things come together. Please visit the site today for details on
KateFest 2002!

***
OCTOBER 2002:

HAUNTED NEWPORT
October 1-31, 2002
Newport, Rhode Island
"http://www.hauntednewport.com"

Largest month-long Halloween "spooktacular" in North America
established in 1999 to promote a positive view of Halloween. Featured
over 120 events in 2001,including: Halloween Market, haunted hayrides,
vampire and ghost tours, Halloween parties, murder mysteries, ghost
ships, psychic readings, author book signings, Edgar Allan Poe Weekend,
wizard workshops, Opening Day
Scaremony and more.

***
Campout / Ghost Hunt in the ghost town of Sprucevale.
Near East Liverpool, Ohio
Hosted by M.A.J.D.A. Paranormal Investigators ( Website:
http://www.majda.net/ )
October 19th - Date subject to change due to the weather.
Free
Open to members only.
For more info contact John or Lisa at: MAJD-@aol.com

***
NOVEMBER 2002:
The Ohio State Reformatory Ghost Hunt
Mansfield, Ohio
November 9th
November 23rd - Last ghost hunt for 2002!
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
For more info visit: http://www.mrps.org/ghost/index.html

***
APRIL 2003:

Second Annual Ghost Hunters Conference.
Governors Ballroom
Radison Penn Harris
Camp Hill, PA
Saturday, April 12, 2003.
Limited number of seats (150)
If you are interested in attending next year, which will have fresh, new
information and lots of fun activity, reserve your seat now.
For more info contact Kelly at: "Weav-@aol.com"

___________

MEDIA LISTINGS
___________

   The media listing mainly cover the 8pm to 10pm time slots. Most
listed times are Eastern Standard Time. Please check your local listings
for the correct viewing times in your area.

***
TELEVISION PROGRAMS:

Once again, due to problems beyond our control TV listing this week are
not complete and may not be accurate. The service that provides our
listings have been having internet related problems. hopefully these
will be resolved in time for next week’s issue.
Please check your local listings.

***
UPN:

Tue - 14th at 8pm - Buffy the Vampire Slayer:
***
SCIFI:

Sunday thru Thursday at 11 and 11:30pm - Crossing Over With John Edwards

Tue - 14th at 8pm - Outer Limits:
Wed - 15th at 8pm - Outer Limits:
Thu - 16th at 8pm - Outer Limits:
Mon - 20th at 8pm - Outer Limits:

***
PAX:

Tue - 14th at 8pm - Mysterious Ways:

***
DISCOVERY KIDS:

Fri - 17th at 8pm - Truth or Scare:
Fri - 17th at 8:30pm - Truth or Scare:
Sat - 11th at 8pm - Truth or Scare:
Sat - 11th at 8:30pm - Truth or Scare:
Sun - 19th at 8pm - Truth or Scare:
Sun - 12th at 8:30pm - Truth or Scare:
***
RADIO PROGRAMS:

ART BELL ( Website: http://www.artbell.com/index.html ):

05/26/02 - Sun/Mon
Host: George Noory
Guest: Michael Lynch Ph. D.
Para-Vision has lead the way in ghost and entity investigations for over
six years. Using the most advanced digital infrared video system, Para -
Vision has video taped hours of Entity Consciousness.
Website: "http://www.paravision.homestead.com/"

05/27/02 - Mon/Tue
Guest: Replay of Nancy Sinatra from 4/29/02
Website: "http://www.nancysinatra.com/"
Website: "http://www.sinatrafamily.com/"

Guest: Replay of Dr. Paul Pearsall from 3/20/02
Psychologist Pearsall had a personal experience with "energy cardiology"
when he had hip cancer. He went on to study heart transplants and how
the background of a new heart could affect its recipient; for example,
one man began to yearn for spicy foods and to study Spanish before he
knew that his donor had been Hispanic. He finds evidence in the
experiences of heart transplant recipients to support his claim that the
heart thinks and the cells remember.

05/28/02 - Tue/Wed
Guest: James Cox
James Cox, editor of AntiGravity News, researches and promotes the
experiments that will eventually lead to development of practical
antigravity propulsion systems that can be used to alleviate the
problems of current transportation systems. AGN publishes a lengthy
bi-monthly technical review and newsletter concerning antigravity
history, research, data, and results. Cox himself is working on an
antigravity backpack that he claims is nearing the patent stage.
Website: "http://www.padrak.com/agn/"

05/29/02 - Wed/Thu
Guest: Major Ed Dames
The world's foremost remote viewing teacher, Edward A. Dames, Major,
U.S. Army (Ret.), is the creator of Technical Remote Viewing, and
director of The Technical Remote Viewing Institute. An original member
of the U.S. Army remote viewing training program, he subsequently served
as the training and operations officer for the Defense Intelligence
Agency's psychic intelligence (PSIINT) collection unit, and currently
serves as executive director for the Matrix Intelligence Agency, a
private consulting group.
Website: "Http://www.mindazzle.com"
Website: "http://www.trvinstitute.com"

05/30/02 - Thu/Fri
Guest: Harvey Wasserman
Harvey Wasserman is author of The Last Energy War: The Battle over
Utility Deregulation (Seven Stories Press) is senior advisor to
Greenpeace USA and the Nuclear Information & Resource Service. He has
been active on energy issues since 1973 and is known as one of the
world's leading advocates for renewable power.
Website: "http://www.greenpeace.org/"
Website: "http://www.nirs.org/"

05/31/02 - Fri/Sat
OPEN LINES

***
The "Exploring Unexplained Phenomena" radio program is on KZUM 89.3 FM,
Lincoln, NE, and has been on-air every Saturday morning since 1984, 10 -
11:30 am Central Time. The station phone number during the program only:
402-474-5086. The host is Scott H. Colborn, email at:
"kcol-@inebraska.com" and website is:
"http://www.thewayhomestore.com" .

***
INTERNET RADIO PROGRAMS:

Jeff Rense: Listen at : http://www.sightings.com/
Mon. - Fri. at 7pm to 10 pm Pacific time
Sat. at 9pm to 3am Pacific time
Sun. at 8pm to 11pm Pacific time

***
http://www.pawebcast.cc/