Welcome Guest!
 Haunted Places
 Jun 08, 2002 20:39 PDT
THE HAUNTED PLACES REPORT

Founded by: Dennis William Hauck
Edited by: Rev. Ronald E. Beach
Email: Edi-@haunted-places.com
Website: http://www.Haunted-Places.com

editor.

06/11/02

___________

CONTENTS:
___________

* From the Editor
* Letters to the Editor
* Announcements
* Featured Article
* Ghost Hunting Tip
* In the News
* Seeking Information
* True Experiences
* Upcoming Events
* Media Listings

_____________

FROM THE EDITOR
_____________

From time to time we receive a request from subscribers asking us to
delete their old email address from our list and add their new one. Our
newsletter is sent out thru Topica and due to the way Topica is set up
we are unable to change your email address. This is something your must
yourself thru your Topica account.

***
Have you every wondered what the staff of The Haunted Places Report
looks like? Have you wanted to know more about them and their
backgrounds? Now you can find out by visiting our “Meet the Staff” page
at: http://www.haunted-places.com/meet_the_staff.htm

***
We are in the process of updating the paranormal groups link page at
Haunted-Places.com . If you would like your group added to the list
please send email to: “Webm-@haunted-places.com”. Be sure to include
a short bio (1 or 2 paragraphs) about your group. Also include in the
email the URL for your group’s website and the state you would like to
be listed under.
Haunted-Places.com has over 12,000 visitor’s a month, many who are
looking for groups in their area.

***
We are currently working on compiling a reference library about ghosts
and hauntings. If you have any paranormal related books, magazines, news
articles, etc... that you would like to donate please send them to:
The Haunted Places Report
P O Box 341
Damascus, Ohio 44619

***
From Scott Colborn at: KCol-@inetnebr.com
Host of Exploring Unexplained Phenomena radio program ( E.U.P. ).

The "E.U.P." program has been on-air since 1984 and is 90 minutes long,
starting at 10 am Central Time. The "E.U.P." radio program is one of the
world's longest-running paranormal talk radio programs.
If would like to be on my private e-mail list to receive information on
the radio program, and to receive interesting articles and e-mails that
I send out, you may e-mail me at "kcol-@inebraska.com" and ask to be
on the private e-mail list.
Thanks for your support of the "E.U.P." radio program. Thanks to my
team of producers for making my job so easy! Special thanks to those who
step up to the plate and support KZUM FM with your pledge of financial
support during the KZUM FM station fundraisers. Additionally, you may
also support the "E.U.P." radio program directly in several ways.
First, by supporting the authors, researchers and guests on the program
by purchasing their books, tapes, CD's, etc and supporting their life
work. Secondly, you are encouraged to donate pre-paid phone cards,
preferably at least 90 minutes, to the "E.U.P." program so that we can
help defray the long-distance costs of the radio program. Among the
people who have donated pre-paid phone cards are:
Randy Vaupel (Northeast Body Shop, Lincoln, NE)
Gary Carey (writer and editor extraordinaire)
Jean at Page One Bookstore
Bodhi Imports
Lon and Mary
Mertha
Deb's Canine Cuties
Stephanie S.
...and others I've forgotten to mention.

The U.S. postal mailing address is:
Scott H. Colborn
c/o The Way Home Music & Books
3231 S. 13th St.
Lincoln, NE. 68502
USA
Phone: 402-421-1701

_____________

LETTERS TO THE EDITOR
_____________

We invite your letters to the editor. Tell us how you feel about things
in the newsletter or in the ghost hunting community. All letters must be
accompanied by an email address so other readers can respond to you.

_____________

ANNOUNCEMENTS
_____________

Are you staring a new paranormal investigation group? Is your group
looking for new members? Does your group have an upcoming event? Has
your group done any interesting investigations? Has your group or
members of it appeared on any TV or radio programs? Do you have any
ghostly related news from your local area? If the answer to any of these
questions is “Yes”, please let us know so we can publish the information
in upcoming issues.

***
From: "renri-@elp.rr.com"

There is a hill in El Paso where a bus full of children where killed.
They were going to school but the bus driver was drunk and when they
were at their last stop to pick up kids the bus driver passed out on
some railroad tracks. It is said that if you stop in the middle of the
railroad tracks they will push you down the hill. I personally went to
see if it was true. I dumped flower on my car and when I got off there
were little kids hand prints on my car.
(located next to the Don Haskin Center)

***
From Keith Age at: bruno11-@yahoo.com
AGS Ky. Rep. / Pres. of The Louisville Ghost Hunters Society

The LGHS was founded in 1998 by American Ghost Society Kentucky Rep.
Keith Age. This was done with the hopes of contacting other people that
were interested in paranormal research and to help anyone in the
Louisville, Ky. and Southern Indiana areas that were experiencing any
type of paranormal activity. Since then the LGHS has become the largest
paranormal investigation group in the area with over 300 members and has
earned a high reputation in the paranormal field. If you are interested
in investigating the paranormal or if you know of someone that is
experiencing paranormal activity please feel free to contact us.

***
We are currently working on compiling a reference library about ghosts
and hauntings. If you have any paranormal related books, magazines, news
articles, etc... that you would like to donate please send them to:
The Haunted Places Report
P O Box 341
Damascus, Ohio 44619

__________

FEATURED ARTICLE
__________

Wet and Weird in Gettysburg
Report by Feature Writer John D Weaver
Email: jwea-@flightsystems.com
Capital Ghost Forum website:
"http://community.pennlive.com/cc/capitalghostforum"

On Sunday May 26, several CGF members had arranged to help people from
the NJ/NY area explore the battlefield. Some had been at our conference,
but only a couple had been to Gettysburg before. Of course, just as
twilight arrived it started to rain. Any type of rain will negate camera
use, but with conditions being far from a downpour, all were still
willing to proceed. While many of those present seemed to have at least
a working knowledge of ghost photography, I still reminded them of the
uselessness of photos as long as even a little rain was falling, but
also suggested that gathering EVP might be attempted, if the sound of
the rain was not too loud. Kelly related that using one's intuition --
and senses -- would perhaps be easier without having to concentrate on
using cameras.
Despite her usual aversion to the place, Kelly chose Iverson's Pits as
our first destination. Around 3pm on July 1, 1863, General Alfred
Iverson, until this point, one of the Army of Northern Virginia's more
respected brigade commanders, led his unit headlong into a strong
Federal position. Veteran NY and PA regiments from the Union First Corps
(who's commander Gen. John Reynolds had been killed only hours earlier)
waited behind a low stone wall, their position further obscured by smoke
from the intense fighting all around. They watched incredulously as the
5th, 12th, 20th and 23d North Carolina regiments approached them,
obviously unaware they were closing within 100 yards of an enemy force.
At this range, even a raw recruit could hit the tightly grouped targets,
and about 80 yards came the command "Fire!" Within seconds, nearly 500
husbands, fathers and sons fell dead or wounded on the rich Pennsylvania
farmland. Estimates vary as to the number who were killed outright, but
afterwards, somewhere around 300 bodies were buried in shallow trenches
following the lines in which they fell. Here they lay until a few years
after the war, when finally they were disinterred and moved South along
with thousands of their comrades. Even after the "Pits" were emptied of
their gruesome bounty, locals avoided the area and spread stories about
strange glows, mists and apparitions here; according to author and
historian Mark Nesbitt, this is where the first reported ghost stories
involving the battle dead came from.
Before moving through the woods in back of the Federal position, I
shared the story of what happened here -- at least the historical one.
While some chose to stay in the woods, many elected to follow me to the
marker 80 yards ahead, amongst where so many souls took their final
breath. Many years ago, when I brought Kelly here for the first time,
she encountered a spirit who's name I forget but when she said he was
from "Durrim" (Durham, NC) I was astounded! (This was only the second
time she had ever been to Gettysburg and I can assure she had no prior
knowledge of who fought at which locations) I do not claim to have the
sensitivity that my wife or others have, but I can bluntly state this
place has always given me the creeps! A soft but steady rain and
occasional flash of distant lightning certainly added to the mood. I
heard someone saying that one of the girls from NY had "partially
disappeared" when wandering amongst the former burial pits. An
overactive imagination fueled by spooky surroundings? Mist obscuring her
lower body? (Although I saw none at this point of the evening) Or,
perhaps, something truly supernatural. Later, I learned another of the
girls from NY was physically pushed in the chest by unseen hands and
immediately related this in an obviously disturbed manner - what she did
not know is that this has happened to Kelly many different times here!
(Hence her aversion to it) Evidently a spirit here does not like
"sensitive" women who intrude on his "space". Could it be the spirit
knows this "new" visitor was from the state who's men caused his demise?
Perhaps he knows Kelly is the descendent of Capt. John B. Dibeler, 45th
PA?
With the rain making still cameras useless, but equipped with a large
golf umbrella, (approx 5' diameter) I decided to attempt using the
camcorder and I have noted 2 "good" fast-moving anomalies captured in IR
mode. With the rain keeping dust & pollen grounded, only easily
identified insects need be worried about in identifying "natural"
objects. (And I might add it is fascinating to do a frame by frame
review of a large bug being pelted by a raindrop!) The rain on umbrellas
pretty much complicates the effort of reviewing EVP, which several were
attempting to get. For their own amusement, a few people nonetheless
insisted on using cameras, and will at least have some cool pics of
raindrops!
For the last 35-40 min, we visited the Point of Woods, which was the
center point from which Pickett's Charge emanated. Thousands of men
huddled in these woods during the 2 hour cannon barrage prior to the
assault, knowing they would have to march nearly a mile in open fields
toward Federal positions on Cemetery Ridge. Unlike Iverson's Pits, only
a few casualties from the artillery took place in this area, but the
sheer emotion has always been intense! I had walked on a path 40 feet
into the woods with some of the NY girls in tow, when one exclaimed she
saw a misty figure and surged ahead. I quickly aimed the camcorder
toward the spot which she stopped and pointed to and did get a bit of
mist which under the conditions is very suspect. By this time the rain
had stopped but "natural" mist was rising, particularly near the road.
However, I did get a "hot" reading on the Tri-Field meter in this spot
which quickly dissipated when she said "it" had moved back into the deep
woods.
Sadly, by now it was 10pm and we had to be off NPS land. Except for the
sporadic patches of mist, this would have offered perfect shooting
conditions - with dust and pollen staying on the ground. Even though
conditions for most of the night were hardly conducive for gathering
evidence, the dreary rain plus some thunder/lightning that was far
enough in the distance to pose no safety concerns made this a
"Hollywood-perfect" night to be amongst the "other side"!

For a great review/pics of another recent (and "dry") night at
Gettysburg, see CGF member Craig Telesha's report at:
http://www.netlocity.net/ghost/investigations.php?PG=getty_2

___________

IN THE NEWS
___________

Spirit of Admiral Grog Returns to Pub
From The Evening Star
Suffolk, U.K.
Submitted by Feature Writer Brandy Stark
All copyrights acknowledged

SPIRITS of a rather different kind have descended on an Ipswich pub -
led by a 18th century admiral nicknamed 'Grog'. The ghost of Admiral
Edward Vernon, who died in 1757, is reckoned to have
surfaced at the town's Woolpack pub at the head of a 'bevvie' of ghouls,
including a persecuted monk, a drowned seaman and a long-dead publican
called George.
These are the revelations of Suffolk clairvoyant Sue Knock as she
declared the Tuddenham Road inn "the most haunted" pub in the county.
Despite her years of experience, Ms Knock has been bowled over by her
latest discoveries, which she has backed up with hours of research at
the county public records office.
Live-in chef Justin Hurn, 20, was left terrified when an apparition
scamper through his bedroom at the pub, which has parts dating back to
the 16th century. Scared out of his wits, he contacted medium Mrs Knock
­ who unearthed more spooks than she bargained for!
Without telling renowned Mrs. Knock a thing of his own experience, she
saw exactly the same ghost when she stepped into his room.
"As I entered the bedroom immediately in front of me, I noticed an ash
gray figure scuttle across the wall where it then disappeared. I had to
grab the bedpost in desperation. It ran in a crouch just like a spider,"
she said.
The bedroom is right next to an ancient priest hole ­ in which Roman
Catholics used to hide their priests during times of persecution in the
late 16th century. Mrs. Knock said that it was a member of the order of
Greyfriars who had died as he tried to escape from the authorities ­ by
suffocating in a barrel. "They used to hide Catholics in wooden barrels
in a bid to let them escape to the docks," she said. "This one didn't
get that far. That's why I felt I couldn't breathe as soon as I stepped
inside. He's trapped in time."
She reckoned a landlord called George, whom she saw dressed in clothes
of the same period, had been helping him in his bid for freedom as he
tried to enter a tunnel that ran back to Christchurch Mansion. She added
that, according to her research, it was common practice for Catholic
holy men to hold secret services in pubs after their religion was
outlawed by Henry VIII.
In the notorious back bar ­ which Justin said punters hardly ever want
to sit in ­ the ghost of a pony-tailed Mediterranean sailor appeared to
walk right through landlord Stuart Appleby, 31. Sue saw it happen and
said that he told her he was "looking for Mary". But the most startling
of her ghostly findings was spotting Admiral Vernon,who was Ipswich MP
from 1741 to 1754, during her psychic investigation last month.
He is best known for introducing watered-down rum into the British Navy
­ and lent the mixture his own nickname of 'Grog'. Though he is buried
at Claydon, Ms Knock claimed he was standing fully formed in the pub
"and appeared very authoritative". Mr. Appleby has also seen the Admiral
­ who Ms Knock claimed was responsible for tearing down a screwed-down
ad for her Ghost Tour last Monday when a
couple of drinkers began to mock it.
Pub regular Rick Hayman also witnessed the paranormal strop ­ and
couldn't believe his eyes. "They were taking the mickey and then the
sign tilted off the wall and came clattering down," he said. "I can't
understand it ­ it was fixed to the wall," added an astounded Mr.
Appleby.

____________

SEEKING INFORMATION
___________

email the senders.

***
From Allen at: Ajrc-@aol.com

I am looking for haunts in Albany, N.Y. area, specifically Waterford.

***
From Heidi at: swiss_-@yahoo.com

My family has a house in Shell Knob, MO, right on Table Rock Lake. We
go down there a lot, usually for just a week. For as long as I can
remember, I have never heard any talk about any hauntings in the area
other than Pea Ridge Battlefield, AR. If anyone knows of any hauntings
in the area, great! Let me know please. Label the subject heading "I
know something..."

___________

TRUE EXPERIENCES
___________

From: "lvei-@SNET.Net"

I went to a restaurant with my boyfriend. The restaurant was called
Carousel Gardens located in Connecticut. My boyfriend had proposed to me
and we were planning our wedding. We wanted to make reservations there
for the rehearsal party, this was in 1998.
We were sad when we heard we could not make any reservations because
they were selling it and closing the restaurant. When we were at this
restaurant we heard it was haunted by the owner, and saw how gorgeous
the whole restaurant was.
When I went to the Ladies Room it felt like someone had entered the
bathroom. The door opened, while I was on the inside of the restroom.
Let me explain, when you enter the restroom in there are others doors.
When you go in them you have your own toilet /space.
I felt like someone was there so, I said “Hello“. I did not get any
answer back. When I went to wash my hands, I looked in the mirror and
felt like if someone was next to me. Then the door opened like someone
was leaving. When I step out of the restroom to see who had left the
ladies room, no one was out in hall way area.
I went back to my seat and asked the one waitress if she had went into
the restroom, she said “No“. There were not many people in the
restaurant at this time, was late. and they were about to close.
I asked one of the female guests if she had gone to the restroom when I
was in there, she said “no”.
some of the people were talking about the place being haunted and that
people claim to see a girl there at times.
They sold the place: And one year later we were married and
bought a house not far from where this restaurant was. When we had our
phone put in, we were given the restaurant’s old number.
People were calling asking for reservations and menus. etc. When I
asked where they the number, they said there was an ad still in place
that listed the number for the restaurant. When I complained to the
phone company they gave us another number.
I thought this was really unbelievable, getting the same number one year
after eating there.
When new owners reopened the restaurant, my husband and I planned to
have a celebration there. I got really spooked about going to the
restroom there, and remembered we had their phone number. But I still
love the place, Very Nice restaurant.

___________

UPCOMING EVENTS
___________

For complete details of all events listed in this section please visit:
http://www.haunted-places.com/tours.htm

***
JUNE 2002:

“Book signing for Patti Starr”
Author of "Ghost Hunting in Kentucky and Beyond"
Saturday, June 15, 7:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Barnes and Noble, Lexington, KY.

***
“Fort Delaware Ghost/Lantern Tours”
Friday, June 21st
Fort Delaware
Call Fort Delaware for reservations and exact departure times at (302)
834-7941.
For additional information, call Ed at 410 398-5013 or send an e-mail at
"ed-@mystandlace.com"

***
“West Virginia State Penitentiary Ghost Hunt”
June 14th
Moundsville, West Virginia
For more info contact John or Lisa at: "MAJD-@aol.com" or visit their
website at: "http://www.majda.net/"

***
“The Ohio State Reformatory Ghost Hunt”
June 14th
June 28th
Mansfield, Ohio
For more info visit: "http://www.mrps.org/ghost/index.html"

***
“American Ghost Society 2002 Haunted America National Conference”
June 20 - 23, 2002
History & Hauntings Book Co. Building
515 East Third Street
Alton, Illinois
Hosted by Troy & Amy Taylor (American Ghost Society)
Detailed information is available and linked from their website at:
http://www.prairieghosts.com"???

***
"MEDIUMSHIP: A DOORWAY TO OTHER DIMENSIONS OF EXISTENCE"
June 23-26, 2002
Rosemont College, Rosemont, Pennsylvania (11 miles west of Philadelphia)
For details of the program and to register:
ARPR website: "http://www.lightlink.com/arpr/" -
Email: "mailto:bat-@infi.net",
Write: ARPR
P.O. Box 614
Bloomfield, CT 06002-0614
Phone: 860-242-4593

***
"SPIRITual Encounters"
June 28-August 11.
Snooty Judy's Fine Art Gallery
514 Skinner Blvd., Dunedin, Florida
Gallery hours: Wednesday - Saturday 10am - 5pm, Sunday noon-4.
Gallery phone: (727) 734-9835
Contact Brandy Stark for more information at: (727) 821-5759 or by email
at: "mailto:sfcf-@scfn.thpl.lib.fl.us"
process which continues today.

***
“Campout / Ghost Hunt in the ghost town of Sprucevale.”
June 29th
Near East Liverpool, Ohio
For more info contact John or Lisa at: "MAJD-@aol.com" or visit their
website at: "http://www.majda.net/"

***
"Investigating the Paranormal: Ghosts and Hauntings"
Saturday afternoon, June 29th, 2002 from 1 to 5 p.m.
Metropolitan Hotel in midtown Manhattan
The contact information for the Foundation is: Parapsychology
Foundation, Inc., 228 East 71st Street, New York, NY 10021, tel:
212-628-1550; fax: 212-628-1559; email: "off-@parapsychology.org;"
Website: "http://www.parapsychology.org/"

***
JULY 2002:

“Book signing for Patti Starr’
Author of "Ghost Hunting in Kentucky and Beyond"
Saturday, July 6, 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm,
Bardstown Booksellers, Bardstown, KY.

***
“Ghost Hunter's Tour- "Behind the Scenes" of Haunted Alton!”
Saturday, July 13 - 6:30 PM
Alton, Illinois
Hosted by: Troy Taylor
More information about the tour at:
"http://www.prairieghosts.com/tours.html"

***
“Fort Delaware Ghost/Lantern Tours”
Friday, July 15th
Fort Delaware
Call Fort Delaware for reservations and exact departure times at (302)
834-7941.
For additional information, call Ed at 410 398-5013 or send an e-mail at
"ed-@mystandlace.com"

***
“West Virginia State Penitentiary Ghost Hunt”
July 12th
July 26th
Moundsville, West Virginia
For more info contact John or Lisa at: "MAJD-@aol.com" or visit their
website at: "http://www.majda.net/"

***
“The Ohio State Reformatory Ghost Hunt”
July 12th
July 26th
Mansfield, Ohio
For more info visit: "http://www.mrps.org/ghost/index.html"

***
“The Haunted West Virginia 2002 Ghost Hunters Conference”
July 19th, 20th & 21st
Parkersburg, West Virginia
For more info visit: "http://www.hauntedparkersburg.com" or email Susan
Sheppard at: "shep-@wirefire.com"

***
“Fort Delaware Ghost/Lantern Tours”
Friday, July 19th
Fort Delaware
Call Fort Delaware for reservations and exact departure times at (302)
834-7941.
For additional information, call Ed at 410 398-5013 or send an e-mail at
"ed-@mystandlace.com"

***
“Annual Fall Festival”
Alton, Illinois
July 26
Hosted by Troy Taylor
Contact Troy at: "ttay-@prairieghosts.com"

***
AUGUST 2002:

“Annual Haunted Halloween Night”
August 2
Lincoln Theater in Decatur, Illinois
Hosted by Troy Taylor
Contact Troy at: “tta-@prairieghosts.com"

***
“Ghost Hunter's Tour”
August 3
Alton, Illinois
Hosted by Troy Taylor
More info at: "http://www.prairieghosts.com/tours.html"

***
“Fort Delaware Ghost/Lantern Tours”
Friday, August 2nd
Fort Delaware
Call Fort Delaware for reservations and exact departure times at (302)
834-7941.
For additional information, call Ed at 410 398-5013 or send an e-mail at
"ed-@mystandlace.com"

***
“The Ohio State Reformatory Ghost Hunt”
Mansfield, Ohio
August 2nd
August 16th
August 30th
For more info visit: "http://www.mrps.org/ghost/index.html"

***
“West Virginia State Penitentiary Ghost Hunt’
August 9th
August 23rd
Moundsville, West Virginia
For more info contact John or Lisa at: "MAJD-@aol.com" or visit their
website at: "http://www.majda.net/"

***
“Fort Delaware Ghost/Lantern Tours”
Friday, August 23rd
Fort Delaware
Call Fort Delaware for reservations and exact departure times at (302)
834-7941.
For additional information, call Ed at 410 398-5013 or send an e-mail at
"ed-@mystandlace.com"

***
SEPTEMBER 2002:

“The Ohio State Reformatory Ghost Hunt”
September 6th
September 14th
Mansfield, Ohio
For more info visit: "http://www.mrps.org/ghost/index.html

***
“Fort Delaware Ghost/Lantern Tours”
Friday, September 6th
Fort Delaware
Call Fort Delaware for reservations and exact departure times at (302)
834-7941.
For additional information, call Ed at 410 398-5013 or send an e-mail at
"ed-@mystandlace.com"

***
“Fort Delaware Ghost/Lantern Tours”
Saturday, September 7th
Fort Delaware
Call Fort Delaware for reservations and exact departure times at (302)
834-7941.
For additional information, call Ed at 410 398-5013 or send an e-mail at
"ed-@mystandlace.com"

***
“Fort Delaware Ghost/Lantern Tours”
Friday, September 13th
Fort Delaware
Call Fort Delaware for reservations and exact departure times at (302)
834-7941.
For additional information, call Ed at 410 398-5013 or send an e-mail at
"ed-@mystandlace.com"

***
“History and Haunts Cemetery Walk”
Saturday, September 14
St. Peters Cemetery, Smyrna, Del.
For additional information, call Ed at 410 398-5013 or send an e-mail
to: "ed-@mystandlace.com"

***
“Fort Delaware Ghost/Lantern Tour (departure from NEW JERSEY)”
Friday, Sept. 20
Fort Delaware
Call Fort Delaware for reservations and exact departure times at (302)
834-7941.
For additional information, call Ed at 410 398-5013 or send an e-mail at
"ed-@mystandlace.com"

***
“West Virginia State Penitentiary Ghost Hunt“
September 20th
Moundsville, West Virginia
Last ghost hunt for 2002!
For more info contact John or Lisa at: "MAJD-@aol.com" or visit their
website at: "http://www.majda.net/"

***
“Ghost/History Gathering”
Saturday, Sept. 21
North East, Md.
For additional information, call Ed at 410 398-5013 or send an e-mail
at "ed-@mystandlace.com"

***
“Mid-South Paranormal Convention”
Sept. 21st & 22nd from 9am - 5pm, both days.
EXPO FIVE 2900
South 7th Street
Louisville, Ky .
For more information or if you interested in renting booth space please
visit the LGHS website at:
"http://www.louisvilleghosthunters.homestead.com/"

***
“KateFest 2002”
Adams, Tennessee
September 28th and 29th
The KateFest Web page (""http://www.katefest.com"") is constantly
updated as things come together.

***
“History and Haunts Cemetery Walk”
Saturday, Sept. 28 at 7 p.m.
St. Mary Anne's Cemetery, North East, Md.
For additional information, call Ed at 410 398-5013 or send an e-mail at
“e-@mystandlace.com"

***
OCTOBER 2002:

“HAUNTED NEWPORT”
October 1-31, 2002
Newport, Rhode Island
More info at: "http://www.hauntednewport.com"

***
"Confessions of a Ghost Hunter" by Troy Taylor
October 3, - 7: 00 pm
Eastern Illinois University
Charleston, Illinois
For more info contact Troy Taylor at: "ttay-@prairieghosts.com"

***
“The annual Fall Festival”
Saturday, October 5 from 12-5
The History & Hauntings Book Co.
Alton, Illinois
For more info contact Troy Taylor at: "ttay-@prairieghosts.com"

***
“Twilight Dinner Tour”
A History & Hauntings Tour
Hosted by author Troy Taylor
October 5
Alton, Illinois
For more info visit: "http://www.prairieghosts.com/tours.html"

***
"Confessions of a Ghost Hunter" by Troy Taylor
October 7at 6:00 pm
St. Louis Community College (Florissant Valley)
For more info contact Troy Taylor at: "ttay-@prairieghosts.com"

***
"Spirits of the Civil War" by Troy Taylor
October 10 at 7:00 pm
Fairview Heights Public Library
Fairview Heights, Illinois
For more info contact Troy Taylor at: "ttay-@prairieghosts.com"

***
“Twilight Dinner Tour”
A History & Hauntings Tour
Hosted by author Troy Taylor
October 11
Alton, Illinois
For more info visit: "http://www.prairieghosts.com/tours.html"

***
“Haunted History Cemetery Tour”
Friday, Oct. 11 at 6:30 and 8 p.m.,
Head of Christiana Cemetery, north of Newark, Del.
For additional information, call Ed at 410 398-5013 or send an e-mail at
"ed-@mystandlace.com"

***
“Twilight Tour”
A History & Hauntings Tour
Hosted by author Troy Taylor
October 12
Alton, Illinois
For more info visit: "http://www.prairieghosts.com/tours.html"

***
“Haunted Corn Maze”
Last three weekends of October
Leonard Michigan (North Oakland County)
For more info call (248)628-4014

***
“Twilight Tour”
A History & Hauntings Tour
Hosted by author Troy Taylor
October 13
Alton, Illinois
For more info visit: "http://www.prairieghosts.com/tours.html"

***
“Twilight Tour”
A History & Hauntings Tour
Hosted by author Troy Taylor
October 16
Alton, Illinois
For more info visit: "http://www.prairieghosts.com/tours.html"

***
“Twilight Tour”
A History & Hauntings Tour
Hosted by author Troy Taylor
October 17
Alton, Illinois
For more info visit: "http://www.prairieghosts.com/tours.html"

***
“Fort Delaware Ghost/Lantern Tours”
Friday, Oct. 18
Fort Delaware
Call Fort Delaware for reservations and exact departure times at (302)
834-7941.
For additional information, call Ed at 410 398-5013 or send an e-mail at
"ed-@mystandlace.com"

***
“Twilight Dinner Tour”
A History & Hauntings Tour
Hosted by author Troy Taylor
October 18
Alton, Illinois
For more info visit: "http://www.prairieghosts.com/tours.html"

***
“History and Haunts Cemetery Walk”
Oct. 19, Saturday, 5:30 and 7:30 p.m.
Old Drawyers Cemetery, north of Odessa, Del. (or perhaps a new cemetery
site).
For additional information, call Ed at 410 398-5013 or send an e-mail at
"ed-@mystandlace.com"

***
“Campout / Ghost Hunt in the ghost town of Sprucevale”
October 19th - Date subject to change due to the weather.
Near East Liverpool, Ohio
For more info contact John or Lisa at: "MAJD-@aol.com" or visit their
website at: "http://www.majda.net/"

***
“Haunted Decatur Tour”
Special Event co-hosted by Skip Huston &
Troy Taylor
October 19
Decatur, Illinois
More Information available at (217) 422-1776

***
“Twilight Tour”
A History & Hauntings Tour
Hosted by author Troy Taylor
October 20
Alton, Illinois
For more info visit: "http://www.prairieghosts.com/tours.html"

***
"Confessions of a Ghost Hunter" by TroyTaylor
October 21, 6:30 pm
Pekin Public Library
For more info contact Troy Taylor at: "ttay-@prairieghosts.com"

***
“Twilight Tour”
A History & Hauntings Tour
Hosted by author Troy Taylor
October 23
Alton, Illinois
For more info visit: "http://www.prairieghosts.com/tours.html"

***
“A History & Hauntings Tour”
Hosted by author Troy Taylor
October 24
Alton, Illinois
For more info visit: "http://www.prairieghosts.com/tours.html"

***
“Fort Delaware Ghost/Lantern Tours”
Friday, Oct. 25
Fort Delaware
Call Fort Delaware for reservations and exact departure times at (302)
834-7941.
For additional information, call Ed at 410 398-5013 or send an e-mail at
"ed-@mystandlace.com"

***
“Twilight Dinner Tour”
A History & Hauntings Tour
Hosted by author Troy Taylor
October 25
Alton, Illinois
For more info visit: "http://www.prairieghosts.com/tours.html"

***
“Ghost Tour of the Haunted Village”
Saturday, Oct. 26 at 6:30 and 8:30 p.m.,
Dover, Delaware
For additional information, call Ed at 410 398-5013 or send an e-mail at
"ed-@mystandlace.com"

***
“Twilight Dinner Tour”
A History & Hauntings Tour
Hosted by author Troy Taylor
October 26
Alton, Illinois
For more info visit: "http://www.prairieghosts.com/tours.html"

***
“Paranormal Conference”
October 26-27
Haunted Fourth Ward School Center in historic Virginia City, south of
Reno
For more information contact Mark Guilford at "mguil-@earthlink.net"
or Janice Oberding at "obee-@aol.com".
Conference registration page:
"http://www.sacramentoparanormal.com/vcpc2002.html"

***
“Twilight Tour”
A History & Hauntings Tour
Hosted by author Troy Taylor
October 27
Alton, Illinois
For more info visit: "http://www.prairieghosts.com/tours.html"

***
"History & Hauntings" by Troy Taylor
October 29, 7:00 pm
Taylorville Public Library
Taylorville, Illinois
For more info contact Troy Taylor at: "ttay-@prairieghosts.com"

***
“Annual Haunted Halloween Night at the Lincoln Theater”
An All-Night Ghost Hunt at the Most Haunted Theater
Hosted by Troy Taylor
October 31
Decatur, Illinois
For more info contact Troy Taylor at: "ttay-@prairieghosts.com"

***
NOVEMBER 2002:

“The Ohio State Reformatory Ghost Hunt”
November 9th
November 23rd - Last ghost hunt for 2002!
Mansfield, Ohio
For more info visit: "http://www.mrps.org/ghost/index.html"

***
APRIL 2003:

“Second Annual Ghost Hunters Conference”
Saturday, April 12, 2003
Governors Ballroom, Radison
Penn Harris in Camp Hill, Pa.
For more info contact Kelly Weaver at: "mailto:Weav-@aol.com"

___________

MEDIA LISTINGS
___________

   The media listing mainly cover the 8pm to 10pm time slots. Most
listed times are Eastern Standard Time. Please check your local listings
for the correct viewing times in your area.

***
TELEVISION PROGRAMS:

TLC:

Tue - 11th at 9pm - Hauntings Across America

***
TRAVEL CHANNEL:

Thur - 13th at 8pm - World’s Creepiest Destinations

***
UPN:

Tue - 11th at 8pm - Buffy the Vampire Slayer: After Life

***
SCIFI:

Sunday thru Thursday at 11 and 11:30pm - Crossing Over With John Edwards

***
PAX:

Tue - 11th at 8pm - Mysterious Ways: Logan Miller

***
DISCOVERY KIDS:

Fri - 14th at 8pm - Truth or Scare
Fri - 14th at 8:30pm - Truth or Scare
Sat - 15th at 8pm - Truth or Scare
Sat - 15th at 8:30pm - Truth or Scare
Sun - 16th at 8pm - Truth or Scare
Sun - 16th at 8:30pm - Truth or Scare

***
RADIO PROGRAMS:

ART BELL ( Website: http://www.artbell.com/index.html ):

06/08/02 - Sat/Sun
Host: Barbara Simpson
Guest: Dr. Nicholas J. Begich
Dr. Begich has published articles in science, politics and education and
is a well known lecturer, having presented throughout the United States
and in nineteen countries. He has been featured as a guest on thousands
of radio broadcasts reporting on his research activities including new
technologies, health and earth science related issues. Dr. Begich is the
eldest son of the late United States Congressman from Alaska, Nick
Begich Sr. He is the publisher and co-owner of Earthpulse Press and is,
also, under contract as Tribal Administrator for the Chickaloon Village
Council, a federally recognized American Indian Tribe of the Athabascan
Indian Nation.
Website: "http://www.earthpulse.com"

06/09/02 - Sun/Mon
Host: George Noory
Guest: Philip Plait, Ph.D.
Dr. Plait works in the physics and astronomy department at Sonoma State
University in California. He maintains the Web site badastronomy.com and
writes monthly articles on astronomy for the German newspaper Die
Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung. His work has appeared in the
Encyclopedia Britannica Yearbook of Science and the Future and Astronomy
magazine.
Website: "http://www.badastronomy.com/"

06/10/02 - Mon/Tue
Guest: Gordon-Michael Scallion
Intuitive and teacher of consciousness studies, will reveal hi global
predictions for social and Earth changes between the years 1998 and
2012. In 1978, GM. Scallion experienced visions, in which showed that
the surface and continents of Earth are destined for a radical
transformation. He is the editor of Intuitive Flash newsletter where
many of his predictions are published.
Website: "http://matrixinstitute.com/"

06/11/02 - Tue/Wed
Guest: Nancy Lieder
Nancy Lieder, a contactee, claims to be in telepathic communication with
visitors from Zeta Reticuli. The Zetas reveal to Nancy information about
life on other worlds; the ET origins of the human species; the origins
of the pyramids and the Sphinx; the Zeta Reticuli people and their
nature, the Nibiruans from the 12th Planet and its imminent return; and
much more. Nancy Lieder is a computer professional who wrote ZetaTalk
after awakening late in life to her contactee status.
Website: "http://www.zetatalk.com/"

06/12/02 - Wed/Thu
Guest: Dr. Carl Edward Baugh
Baugh is founder and director of Creation Evidence Museum, Glen Rose,
Texas; scientific research director for world's first hyperbaric
biosphere; scientific research director for water reclamation and
energized plant systems; and the discoverer and excavation director of
two major dinosaurs: Acrocanthosaurus in Texas and Stegosaurus stenops
in Colorado. He holds a degree in theology from Baptist Bible College, a
Masters in archaeology, and a Ph.D. in education, both from Pacific
College of Graduate Studies.
Website: "http://www.creationevidence.org/"

06/13/02 - Thu/Fri
TBA

06/14/02 - Fri/Sat
OPEN LINES

***
The "Exploring Unexplained Phenomena" radio program is on KZUM 89.3 FM,
Lincoln, NE, and has been on-air every Saturday morning since 1984, 10 -
11:30 am Central Time. The station phone number during the program only:
402-474-5086. The host is Scott H. Colborn, email at:
"kcol-@inebraska.com" and website is:
"http://www.thewayhomestore.com" .

***
INTERNET RADIO PROGRAMS:

Jeff Rense: Listen at : http://www.sightings.com/
Mon. - Fri. at 7pm to 10 pm Pacific time
Sat. at 9pm to 3am Pacific time
Sun. at 8pm to 11pm Pacific time

***
http://www.pawebcast.cc/