Welcome Guest!
 Haunted Places
 Jun 16, 2002 12:58 PDT

* Seeking Information
* True Experiences
* Upcoming Events
* Media Listings

_____________

FROM THE EDITOR
_____________

From time to time we receive a request from subscribers asking us to
delete their old email address from our list and add their new one. Our
newsletter is sent out thru Topica and due to the way Topica is set up
we are unable to change your email address. This is something your must
yourself thru your Topica account.

***
Have you every wondered what the staff of The Haunted Places Report
looks like? Have you wanted to know more about them and their
backgrounds? Now you can find out by visiting our “Meet the Staff” page
at: http://www.haunted-places.com/meet_the_staff.htm

***
We are in the process of updating the paranormal groups link page at
Haunted-Places.com . If you would like your group added to the list
please send email to: “Webm-@haunted-places.com”. Be sure to include
a short bio (1 or 2 paragraphs) about your group. Also include in the
email the URL for your group’s website and the state you would like to
be listed under.
Haunted-Places.com has over 12,000 visitor’s a month, many who are
looking for groups in their area.

_____________

LETTERS TO THE EDITOR
_____________

We invite your letters to the editor. Tell us how you feel about things
in the newsletter or in the ghost hunting community. All letters must be
accompanied by an email address so other readers can respond to you.

***
From Brandy at: sfcf-@scfn.thpl.lib.fl.us

Glad to see that SPIRITual Encounters is listed in the Upcoming Events
section. I just finished working on the finishing touches for some of
the photographs (getting them in frames, with glass, sealing, backing,
etc.) WOW! A lot of work, as this is the first time I've actually made
my own frames. Wish us luck.

_____________

ANNOUNCEMENTS
_____________

Are you staring a new paranormal investigation group? Is your group
looking for new members? Does your group have an upcoming event? Has
your group done any interesting investigations? Has your group or
members of it appeared on any TV or radio programs? Do you have any
ghostly related news from your local area? If the answer to any of these
questions is “Yes”, please let us know so we can publish the information
in upcoming issues.

***
THE WORLD HAS A NEW GHOST HUNTER!!!!!!
From Troy Taylor at: "ttay-@prairieghosts.com"

Margaret (Maggie) Opal Taylor came into the world on Wednesday, June 12
at 4:45 pm. She weighed 7 lbs. 6 oz. and has a full head of dark auburn
hair. Luckily, she looks just like her mother (except for her weird
toes, which are courtesy of me!) and both she and Amy are doing great!

Editor’s Note: The entire staff says "Congratulations on the new
arrival"! We wish you all the best!

***
The editor would like to thank author Allen Campbell for donating a
copy of his book “Ghosts At Carlisle Barracks Army War College” to our
growing list of research material. The stories are based on tales of
ghost, hauntings and spirits at the most historic army base in the USA,
Carlisle Barracks Army War College, Carlisle PA.
Allen Campbell, an employee at Carlisle barracks youth services, has
heard many tells about ghost and spirits at his work. With the
encouragement of a friend and his interest in ghost Mr. Campbell wrote
this book.
Mr. Campbell grew up a military child and as a child traveled a lot
through out the USA. In every state Allen has lived in he has experience
some from of the paranormal. This very interesting paperback book can be
purchased thru amazon.com for $5.99. It has over 40 pages including many
B&W photos.

***
We are currently working on compiling a reference library about ghosts
and hauntings. If you have any paranormal related books, magazines, news
articles, etc... that you would like to donate please send them to:
The Haunted Places Report
P O Box 341
Damascus, Ohio 44619

***
From Debbie Lowery at: "djlo-@famvid.com"
Founder/President of The Springfield Ghost Society
Website: "http://www.angelfire.com/il/ghostsociety"

The Springfield Ghost Society of Springfield Illinois is a non-profit
organization that was established in January of 2000. The purpose of the
organization is for its members to research and investigate a reported
alleged haunted home, business or any other reported alleged haunting.
Anyone wishing to become a member of the SGS must be at least 18 years
of age. There is an annual membership fee to cover expenses in providing
the membership package, newsletter, and to purchase supplies and
equipment.
The SGS also provides monthly meetings for its members. The purpose of
such meetings is to discuss investigations performed by members, or any
issue any member requests to discuss, so long as the issue is paranormal
or relating to the paranormal. The SGS will occasionally provide guest
speakers. The SGS will also provide speakers for any group or
organization upon request.

***
From: Jason Hawes at: "RAVE-@aol.com"
Founder of The Atlantic Paranormal Society
Website: "http://www.The-Atlantic-Paranormal-Society.com"

I would like to invite everyone to take a minute and look at T.A.P.S
and let us know your thoughts on the page. We have been receiving over
1000 hits a day from all over the world. We have also set the sight up
in 9 different languages to make it easier for the many international
visitors we are receiving each day. Hope you enjoy and appreciate what
we are trying to do. Thanks for your time.
Be sure to watch for watch for our upcoming T.A.P.S International Ghost
Conference 2002.

***
From Jill at: "DrJ-@neo.rr.com"
Website: "http://communities.msn.com/NEOPRO"

I have an organization called NEO-PRO (NE Ohio- Paranormal Research
Organization), I am looking for a few interested members who would be
interested in going to nearby places to investigate.

***
Visions From The Other Side With Kelly And John Weaver is now broadcast
live every Wednesdays from 8 to 9pm EST
Listen at:
http://www.pawebcast.com/visions/visions_from_the_other_side.htm

The archives of our previous shows are at:
"http://www.pawebcast.cc/kw5_22.ram" Listen while you work!

***
From: "Charl-@aol.com"

Danvers State Mental Hospital overlooks Rt1 in Danvers, Mass. The
building is designed like a castle with gothic towers. It is the site
where the movie Session 9 was filmed. During filming the crew reported
strange activities.

__________

FEATURED ARTICLE
__________

Spooky Places Report
From Bryon Smith at: dire-@loosecanon.tv
Director Loose Canon Productions
Website: www.Loosecanon.tv

The Spooky Places crew was shooting production in the Virginia City
area early this month. On 6-8-02 we worked at the very haunted Gold Hill
Hotel. We had some interesting encounters.
When we arrived in the north parking lot at the Gold Hill Hotel, Laura
described smelling the strong smell of tobacco in the air. I didn't
smell anything until I reached the front steps to the building where the
sweet smell of what I would describe as a fancy pipe tobacco filled the
air. There was no one anywhere at that time who was smoking. We went
inside to talk to Viki who described a ghost, she refers to as William,
who when he is present a strong fancy tobacco smell is always present. I
then realized what we had experienced was a smell associated with this
ghost. We found William in several places while working shooting
pictures and video inside the hotel but found he lingered on the
stairway that leads from the Great Room to the hotel level longer than
any place else during our visit. Everyone smells the tobacco smell when
he is near. We also captured a large ghost orb on or near the stairway
while we were shooting digital pictures in that area. We captured some
ghost orbs on IR video in the Great Room while there but have not yet
had time to examine all the video.
Viki told us a story about some ghost children who like to lock the
door to the bathroom in room 11 so we set up in room 11 to observe and
try to capture some ghost orbs on night vision and with a digital
camera. The moment we set up to observe the bathroom we saw many small
golf ball sized orbs moving back and forth in the room almost as if
chasing each other. When I placed an EMF meter in the bathroom of room
11 the ghost orbs that had been frequenting the room apparently didn't
like the device. When I realized they were not returning I said, "I
guess they don't like that." A moment or so later something hit me
across the back of my legs just below my knees. There was nothing behind
me but the wall. I removed the EMF meter from the room at that time.
Laura and Kristy said they encountered a ghost Viki describes as Rosie
who has a smell of rose water perfume that lingers when she is present.
I personally do not remember smelling this smell but the girls insisted
they did several times while there.
The 10th, we visited and investigated the Fourth Ward School in
Virginia City, NV. We worked with Janice Oberding (Haunted Nevada) as
she gave us a very special tour of the school and told us stories from
her experiences. We managed to capture many ghost orbs on digital camera
and some on IR video. That's the Spooky Places crew report for the time
being.

___________

VIDEO REVIEW
___________

“America’s Most Haunted Town”
A Move Beyond Fear
By Luminence Films / Rob Child & Associates
Website: "http://www.luminencefilms.com"

America's Most Haunted Town is a very moving program on
spirits and the afterlife. When it was released it rose to #330 on
Amazon.com's sales charts.
The reviewer found this video to be very well made and down to earth.
Missing is all the typical “Hollywood” glitz that makes up most videos
dealing with this type of subject matter.
Follow the cameras as they take you to the haunted locations of New
Hope, Pennsylvania. You’ll see actually images of spirits exactly as
they were revealed to the cameras. You’ll hear the stories from town
residents who have experienced the hauntings. This video is a “must
have” for everyone’s collection. I continue to watch it time and time
again!
Robert Child, Producer/Director of the film adds the following to this
review:
Everyone obviously has a right to think what they want but the public
is so "conditioned" to see "reenactments" of ghostly happenings and
phenomena from mainstream shows on the History channel and Discovery
channel that they assume that is what this program is about. Those
programs prey on fear, my program takes the opposite approach and this
is why I personally believe we were able to record so much unexplained
phenomena. Absolutely everything in the program is recorded as it
happened on location, NO EFFECTS were added and nothing in it is faked.
As a matter a fact, during the last scene in the cemetery while shooting
the "basic soul form," "orb," I could not see it with my naked eye, it
only appeared in the view finder. This was chilling as I have never
filmed anything, that I could not "see."
The video is available in VHS and DVD versions. VHS version 19.95, DVD
version 24.95. Shipping is normally $3.50 or less. It is available at
amazon.com, barnesandnoble.com, CD now.com blockbuster.com and of course
at Luminence Films’ web site luminencefilms.com. You can also order by
sending a check or money order made to:
Rob Child & Assoc. Inc.
P O Box 514
Washington Crossing PA 18977

___________

IN THE NEWS
___________

Claudia's Frightening New House
From the East Anglian Daily Times
All Copyrights Acknowledged
Submitted by Feature Writer Brandy Stark at: sfcf-@scfn.thpl.lib.fl.us

Supermodel Claudia Schiffer could be for a fright at her new
Elizabethan mansion because it is supposed to be haunted. The German
beauty and her film producer husband Matthew Vaughn have been warned to
beware of ghostly goings-on at 16th Century Coldham Hall in
Stanningfield, near Bury St Edmunds. The ghost of a 17th Century nun
called Penelope is said to haunt the house, where the celebrity couple
held their wedding reception at the weekend.
It is also believed to have a pair of "cursed" paintings of a nun and a
mother superior that bring bad luck to anyone who takes them down.
The Ghost Club, which investigates paranormal sightings across Britain,
has written to Schiffer, 31, to tell her about the spooks at the
12-bedroom mansion. Alan Murdie, chairman of the Ghost Club, which is
Britain's oldest paranormal society, said: "Claudia is very fortunate to
own a house with its very own ghost. She has nothing to worry about
because ghosts do no harm. If Claudia is lucky enough to see the nun,
she should certainly not panic or be alarmed. We would love to hear from
her to get her account of what she sees. We have written to her and her
husband because we want to tell them about
the nun and also the two 'cursed' paintings. We want to know if they are
still hanging on the walls. If they are still there, we feel strongly
that they should be preserved and left in place because they are part of
Britain's supernatural heritage."
Mr. Murdie, 38, from Bury St Edmunds, said he had been shown the
paintings in Coldham Hall by its former owner when he was a teenager. "I
remember the suggestion then was that the pictures had hung on the wall
for years and there was some sort of covenant on the house which meant
the paintings would stay there if the property was sold," he added.
Penelope the nun is said to be a member of the Rookwood family which
owned the house for several generations after it was built in 1575 by
Sir Robert Rookwood. Local legend has it that Penelope is normally
sighted at the hall during the summer when she would have spent holidays
there away from her convent.
A spokeswoman for Schiffer said: "She and Matthew are away on honeymoon
at the moment. This is the first I have heard of any ghost stories.
Maybe when they come back, I will tell them about it."
Schiffer fans have been warned not to try to catch of glimpse of the
German supermodel at her new home as she will not be there for months.
Multi-millionaire Danish businessman Jens Pilo, the current owner of
the 12-bedroom mansion, issued a statement yesterday warning fans of the
superstar couple not to get excited too soon. "The property has actually
not yet been sold to Claudia Schiffer and Matthew Vaughn, but they have
signed an agreement to purchase," he added. "However, the completion
will not take place until around November and, hence, it will only be my
wife and I living there. "I am writing this in order not to disappoint
your readers if they want a glimpse of the newlywed couple as they
simply will not be here for half a year or so."
Mr. Pilo, a property dealer, spent a fortune on restoring the mansion
and its ground to their original condition after buying the historic
hall in the 1990s from wealthy financier David Hart, a former adviser to
Margaret Thatcher.

____________

SEEKING INFORMATION
___________

email the senders.

***
From Barb at: Suesue-@cs.com

Last month I drove into a small Arizona town with my boyfriend. We were
going to go fishing. As we rounded the corner at 8:40 PM on a Saturday
night we saw a half a block away a tall luminous figure in the middle of
the well lit main street of town.
We both saw the same thing. I was so stunned I drove right up to it,
and both of us saw if fade before our eyes. It was the most exciting
experience I've ever had.
My question is: Why are some ghosts luminous as the moon and some dark
gray shadows? Also, why did this ghost appear to us, or is there a
reason at all?

***
From: Kathleen at: kkfa-@hotmail.com

I'm going to New Orleans July 6 for 4 days and I would like to get any
"haunted" info anyone has. I'm planning on taking the ghost tour so far.

***
From Joanna at: "joa-@termprovider.com"

Was Rose Red an actual house or just a figment of Stephen Kings
imagination. I have tried to look it up on the internet and the only
sites that keep coming up are the Stephen King sites and sites for the
Diary of Ellen Rimbauer. I read the Diary and the book says to visit
beaumontuniversity.net for additional information on the house and
history, but I found that is was basically everything that was gone over
in the diary.
I enjoyed the diary and was intrigued with the house, but I would like
to know if any of it is based on actual fact, because I can't find any
information on it.

___________

TRUE EXPERIENCES
___________

From: Margaret at: "mgram-@att.com"

In July of 1979, I was married, but the marriage was on the rocks.
After a particularly nasty argument, I needed to cool off, so I stepped
out for a walk. At that time, we lived in a townhouse in Littleton,
Colorado, near Broadway and Ridge Road. Just west of this intersection
is one of many entrances to the Highline Canal trail, which follows a
74-mile long irrigation canal, constructed in 1879.
The trail is now part of the Denver parks system. It's a nice place to
stroll, ride bikes, walk dogs, and a great place to picnic. The canal
winds all through Denver and is scenic and restful.
Well, I stormed down the trail, furious, worried and distracted, still
angry from the argument. Abruptly, I was flooded with a feeling of
complete fear, very strong, But I ignored the feeling, telling myself
"I'm a grown woman, I'm not afraid of the dark" and resumed my fast walk
through the woods, the sound of the water in the canal to my left. About
100 yards later, the feeling of fear and dread came back, even stronger
this time, enough to stop me in my tracks. I paid a little more
attention this time, wondering why I was suddenly so frightened, but I
felt that these feelings were coming from the sense of impending doom I
had about my marriage. I kept walking.
The third time, the fear was so strong, so real, so very overwhelming,
that it felt as though someone had put a hand over my heart and shoved
me backwards to make me stop. I was puzzled, and a bit spooked, and
thought I'd rest at the bottom of a huge old cottonwood tree just off
the trail.
I'd been sitting there about 15 minutes, trying to figure out if I was
crazy, trying to calm down before I headed back home, when I heard a car
coming down the trail. Now I was really afraid...no motor traffic is
allowed on the trail at any time, officially the parks closed at 10pm,
and I had nowhere to go, between the canal and the trail. I turned my
head toward the oncoming car, but closed my eyes so the headlights
wouldn't blind me, and sat absolutely still, hoping the car would go
flying by and that the driver wouldn't see me. But no...I could see the
headlights go by, but then I heard the car shivering to a stop on the
dirt trail, and heard a car door opening. Then I realized this was a
Police car, and the Policeman jumped out, grabbed me by the shoulders
and yelled "Are you alright? Are you alright?" I replied that I was ok,
that I'd had a fight with my husband and was walking it off, to which he
replied "I thought you were the body!" Then the Policeman said "Honey,
you'd better get your ass home, there's been a murder down this trail 20
minutes ago!" And as he got back in the car, I ran home, and could hear
something crashing through the brush alongside the trail.
I got home, breathless, freaked out, and when I calmed down, I realized
that perhaps it was the spirit of that poor murder victim I'd felt. I
read in the paper the next day that a woman had been stabbed to death as
I'd been walking, about 300 feet from where I'd been sitting. Maybe
she's the one who stopped me, maybe it was her dread and fear I felt on
that dark trail. I believe she saved my life that night. And whoever she
was, I thank her with all my heart.

___________

UPCOMING EVENTS
___________

For complete details of all events listed in this section please visit:
http://www.haunted-places.com/tours.htm

***
JUNE 2002:

“Fort Delaware Ghost/Lantern Tours”
Friday, June 21st
Fort Delaware
Call Fort Delaware for reservations and exact departure times at (302)
834-7941.
For additional information, call Ed at 410 398-5013 or send an e-mail at
"ed-@mystandlace.com”

***
“The Ohio State Reformatory Ghost Hunt”
June 28th
Mansfield, Ohio
For more info visit: "http://www.mrps.org/ghost/index.html"

***
“American Ghost Society 2002 Haunted America National Conference”
June 20 - 23, 2002
History & Hauntings Book Co. Building
515 East Third Street
Alton, Illinois
Hosted by Troy & Amy Taylor (American Ghost Society)
Detailed information is available and linked from their website at:
http://www.prairieghosts.com"???

***
"MEDIUMSHIP: A DOORWAY TO OTHER DIMENSIONS OF EXISTENCE"
June 23-26, 2002
Rosemont College, Rosemont, Pennsylvania (11 miles west of Philadelphia)
For details of the program and to register:
ARPR website: "http://www.lightlink.com/arpr/" -
Email: "mailto:bat-@infi.net",
Write: ARPR
P.O. Box 614
Bloomfield, CT 06002-0614
Phone: 860-242-4593

***
"SPIRITual Encounters"
June 28-August 11.
Snooty Judy's Fine Art Gallery
514 Skinner Blvd., Dunedin, Florida
Gallery hours: Wednesday - Saturday 10am - 5pm, Sunday noon-4.
Gallery phone: (727) 734-9835
Contact Brandy Stark for more information at: (727) 821-5759 or by email
at: "mailto:sfcf-@scfn.thpl.lib.fl.us"
process which continues today.

***
“Campout / Ghost Hunt in the ghost town of Sprucevale.”
June 29th
Near East Liverpool, Ohio

Hosted by M.A.J.D.A. Paranormal Investigators ( Website:
"http://www.majda.net/" )
Date subject to change due to the weather.
Free
Open to members only.
For more info contact John or Lisa at: "MAJD-@aol.com" or visit their
website at: "http://www.majda.net/"

***
"Investigating the Paranormal: Ghosts and Hauntings"
Saturday afternoon, June 29th, 2002 from 1 to 5 p.m.
Metropolitan Hotel in midtown Manhattan
The contact information for the Foundation is: Parapsychology
Foundation, Inc., 228 East 71st Street, New York, NY 10021, tel:
212-628-1550; fax: 212-628-1559; email: "off-@parapsychology.org;"
Website: "http://www.parapsychology.org/"

***
JULY 2002:

“Book signing for Patti Starr’
Author of "Ghost Hunting in Kentucky and Beyond"
Saturday, July 6, 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm,
Bardstown Booksellers, Bardstown, KY.

***
“Ghost Hunter's Tour- "Behind the Scenes" of Haunted Alton!”
Saturday, July 13 - 6:30 PM
Alton, Illinois
Hosted by: Troy Taylor
More information about the tour at:
"http://www.prairieghosts.com/tours.html"

***
“West Virginia State Penitentiary Ghost Hunt”
July 12th
July 26th
Moundsville, West Virginia
For more info contact John or Lisa at: "MAJD-@aol.com" or visit their
website at: "http://www.majda.net/"

***
“Fort Delaware Ghost/Lantern Tours”
Friday, July 15th
Fort Delaware
Call Fort Delaware for reservations and exact departure times at (302)
834-7941.
For additional information, call Ed at 410 398-5013 or send an e-mail at
"ed-@mystandlace.com“

***
“The Ohio State Reformatory Ghost Hunt”
July 12th
July 26th
Mansfield, Ohio
For more info visit: "http://www.mrps.org/ghost/index.html"

***
"Ghost Hunter's Tour"
A History & Hauntings Tour
July 13
Hosted by Troy
Taylor Alton, Illinois
Sold Out!
Contact Troy at: "ttay-@prairieghosts.com"

***
“The Haunted West Virginia 2002 Ghost Hunters Conference”
July 19th, 20th & 21st
Parkersburg, West Virginia
For more info visit: "http://www.hauntedparkersburg.com" or email Susan
Sheppard at: "shep-@wirefire.com"

***
“Fort Delaware Ghost/Lantern Tours”
Friday, July 19th
Fort Delaware
Call Fort Delaware for reservations and exact departure times at (302)
834-7941.
For additional information, call Ed at 410 398-5013 or send an e-mail at
"ed-@mystandlace.com"

***
“Annual Fall Festival”
Alton, Illinois
July 26
Hosted by Troy Taylor
Contact Troy at: "ttay-@prairieghosts.com"

***
AUGUST 2002:

“Annual Haunted Halloween Night”
August 2
Lincoln Theater in Decatur, Illinois
Hosted by Troy Taylor
Contact Troy at: “tta-@prairieghosts.com"

***
“Ghost Hunter's Tour”
August 3
Alton, Illinois
Hosted by Troy Taylor
More info at: "http://www.prairieghosts.com/tours.html"

***
“Fort Delaware Ghost/Lantern Tours”
Friday, August 2nd
Fort Delaware
Call Fort Delaware for reservations and exact departure times at (302)
834-7941.
For additional information, call Ed at 410 398-5013 or send an e-mail at
"ed-@mystandlace.com"

***
“The Ohio State Reformatory Ghost Hunt”
Mansfield, Ohio
August 2nd
August 16th
August 30th
For more info visit: "http://www.mrps.org/ghost/index.html"

***
“West Virginia State Penitentiary Ghost Hunt’
August 9th
August 23rd
Moundsville, West Virginia
For more info contact John or Lisa at: "MAJD-@aol.com" or visit their
website at: "http://www.majda.net/"

***
“Fort Delaware Ghost/Lantern Tours”
Friday, August 23rd
Fort Delaware
Call Fort Delaware for reservations and exact departure times at (302)
834-7941.
For additional information, call Ed at 410 398-5013 or send an e-mail at
"ed-@mystandlace.com"

***
SEPTEMBER 2002:

“Tickets on Sale for the Halloween History & Hauntings Tours” September
3
Hosted by Troy Taylor and based on his book "Haunted Alton"! Join us for
public tours through the month of October! Alton, Illinois - More info
at:"http://www.prairieghosts.com/tours.html"

***
“The Ohio State Reformatory Ghost Hunt”
September 6th
September 14th
Mansfield, Ohio
For more info visit: "http://www.mrps.org/ghost/index.html

***
“Fort Delaware Ghost/Lantern Tours”
Friday, September 6th
Fort Delaware
Call Fort Delaware for reservations and exact departure times at (302)
834-7941.
For additional information, call Ed at 410 398-5013 or send an e-mail at
"ed-@mystandlace.com"

***
“Fort Delaware Ghost/Lantern Tours”
Saturday, September 7th
Fort Delaware
Call Fort Delaware for reservations and exact departure times at (302)
834-7941.
For additional information, call Ed at 410 398-5013 or send an e-mail at
"ed-@mystandlace.com"

***
“Fort Delaware Ghost/Lantern Tours”
Friday, September 13th
Fort Delaware
Call Fort Delaware for reservations and exact departure times at (302)
834-7941.
For additional information, call Ed at 410 398-5013 or send an e-mail at
"ed-@mystandlace.com"

***
“History and Haunts Cemetery Walk”
Saturday, September 14
St. Peters Cemetery, Smyrna, Del.
For additional information, call Ed at 410 398-5013 or send an e-mail
to: "ed-@mystandlace.com"

***
“Fort Delaware Ghost/Lantern Tour (departure from NEW JERSEY)”
Friday, Sept. 20
Fort Delaware
Call Fort Delaware for reservations and exact departure times at (302)
834-7941.
For additional information, call Ed at 410 398-5013 or send an e-mail at
"ed-@mystandlace.com"

***
“West Virginia State Penitentiary Ghost Hunt“
September 20th
Moundsville, West Virginia
Last ghost hunt for 2002!
For more info contact John or Lisa at: "MAJD-@aol.com" or visit their
website at: "http://www.majda.net/"

***
“Ghost/History Gathering”
Saturday, Sept. 21
North East, Md.
For additional information, call Ed at 410 398-5013 or send an e-mail
at "ed-@mystandlace.com"

***
“Mid-South Paranormal Convention”
Sept. 21st & 22nd from 9am - 5pm, both days.
EXPO FIVE 2900
South 7th Street
Louisville, Ky .
For more information or if you interested in renting booth space please
visit the LGHS website at:
"http://www.louisvilleghosthunters.homestead.com/"

***
“KateFest 2002”
Adams, Tennessee
September 28th and 29th
The KateFest Web page (""http://www.katefest.com"") is constantly
updated as things come together.

***
“History and Haunts Cemetery Walk”
Saturday, Sept. 28 at 7 p.m.
St. Mary Anne's Cemetery, North East, Md.
For additional information, call Ed at 410 398-5013 or send an e-mail at
“e-@mystandlace.com"

***
OCTOBER 2002:

“HAUNTED NEWPORT”
October 1-31, 2002
Newport, Rhode Island
More info at: "http://www.hauntednewport.com"

***
"Confessions of a Ghost Hunter" by Troy Taylor
October 3, at 7: 00 pm
Eastern Illinois University
Charleston, Illinois
For more info contact Troy Taylor at: "ttay-@prairieghosts.com"

***
“The Annual Fall Festival”
Saturday, October 5 from 12-5
The History & Hauntings Book Co.
Alton, Illinois
For more info contact Troy Taylor at: "ttay-@prairieghosts.com"

***
“Twilight Dinner Tour”
A History & Hauntings Tour
Hosted by author Troy Taylor
October 5
Alton, Illinois
For more info visit: "http://www.prairieghosts.com/tours.html"

***
"Confessions of a Ghost Hunter" by Troy Taylor
October 7at 6:00 pm
St. Louis Community College (Florissant Valley)
For more info contact Troy Taylor at: "ttay-@prairieghosts.com"

***
"Spirits of the Civil War" by Troy Taylor
October 10 at 7:00 pm
Fairview Heights Public Library
Fairview Heights, Illinois
For more info contact Troy Taylor at: "ttay-@prairieghosts.com"

***
“Twilight Dinner Tour”
A History & Hauntings Tour
Hosted by author Troy Taylor
October 11
Alton, Illinois
For more info visit: "http://www.prairieghosts.com/tours.html"

***
“Haunted History Cemetery Tour”
Friday, Oct. 11 at 6:30 and 8 p.m.,
Head of Christiana Cemetery, north of Newark, Del.
For additional information, call Ed at 410 398-5013 or send an e-mail at
"ed-@mystandlace.com"

***
“Twilight Tour”
A History & Hauntings Tour
Hosted by author Troy Taylor
October 12
Alton, Illinois
For more info visit: "http://www.prairieghosts.com/tours.html"

***
“Haunted Corn Maze”
Last three weekends of October
Leonard Michigan (North Oakland County)
For more info call (248)628-4014

***
“Twilight Tour”
A History & Hauntings Tour
Hosted by author Troy Taylor
October 13
Alton, Illinois
For more info visit: "http://www.prairieghosts.com/tours.html"

***
“Twilight Tour”
A History & Hauntings Tour
Hosted by author Troy Taylor
October 16
Alton, Illinois
For more info visit: "http://www.prairieghosts.com/tours.html"

***
“Twilight Tour”
A History & Hauntings Tour
Hosted by author Troy Taylor
October 17
Alton, Illinois
For more info visit: "http://www.prairieghosts.com/tours.html"

***
“Fort Delaware Ghost/Lantern Tours”
Friday, Oct. 18
Fort Delaware
Call Fort Delaware for reservations and exact departure times at (302)
834-7941.
For additional information, call Ed at 410 398-5013 or send an e-mail at
"ed-@mystandlace.com"

***
“Twilight Dinner Tour”
A History & Hauntings Tour
Hosted by author Troy Taylor
October 18
Alton, Illinois
For more info visit: "http://www.prairieghosts.com/tours.html"

***
“History and Haunts Cemetery Walk”
Oct. 19, Saturday, 5:30 and 7:30 p.m.
Old Drawyers Cemetery, north of Odessa, Del. (or perhaps a new cemetery
site).
For additional information, call Ed at 410 398-5013 or send an e-mail at
"ed-@mystandlace.com"

***
“Campout / Ghost Hunt in the ghost town of Sprucevale”
October 19th - Date subject to change due to the weather.
Near East Liverpool, Ohio
For more info contact John or Lisa at: "MAJD-@aol.com" or visit their
website at: "http://www.majda.net/"

***
“Haunted Decatur Tour”
Special Event co-hosted by Skip Huston &
Troy Taylor
October 19
Decatur, Illinois
More Information available at (217) 422-1776

***
“Twilight Tour”
A History & Hauntings Tour
Hosted by author Troy Taylor
October 20
Alton, Illinois
For more info visit: "http://www.prairieghosts.com/tours.html"

***
"Confessions of a Ghost Hunter" by TroyTaylor
October 21, 6:30 pm
Pekin Public Library
For more info contact Troy Taylor at: "ttay-@prairieghosts.com"

***
“Twilight Tour”
A History & Hauntings Tour
Hosted by author Troy Taylor
October 23
Alton, Illinois
For more info visit: "http://www.prairieghosts.com/tours.html"

***
“A History & Hauntings Tour”
Hosted by author Troy Taylor
October 24
Alton, Illinois
For more info visit: "http://www.prairieghosts.com/tours.html"

***
“Fort Delaware Ghost/Lantern Tours”
Friday, Oct. 25
Fort Delaware
Call Fort Delaware for reservations and exact departure times at (302)
834-7941.
For additional information, call Ed at 410 398-5013 or send an e-mail at
"ed-@mystandlace.com"

***
“Twilight Dinner Tour”
A History & Hauntings Tour
Hosted by author Troy Taylor
October 25
Alton, Illinois
For more info visit: "http://www.prairieghosts.com/tours.html"

***
“Ghost Tour of the Haunted Village”
Saturday, Oct. 26 at 6:30 and 8:30 p.m.,
Dover, Delaware
For additional information, call Ed at 410 398-5013 or send an e-mail at
"ed-@mystandlace.com"

***
“Twilight Dinner Tour”
A History & Hauntings Tour
Hosted by author Troy Taylor
October 26
Alton, Illinois
For more info visit: "http://www.prairieghosts.com/tours.html"

***
“Paranormal Conference”
October 26-27
Haunted Fourth Ward School Center in historic Virginia City, south of
Reno
For more information contact Mark Guilford at "mguil-@earthlink.net"
or Janice Oberding at "obee-@aol.com".
Conference registration page:
"http://www.sacramentoparanormal.com/vcpc2002.html"

***
“Twilight Tour”
A History & Hauntings Tour
Hosted by author Troy Taylor
October 27
Alton, Illinois
For more info visit: "http://www.prairieghosts.com/tours.html"

***
"History & Hauntings" by Troy Taylor
October 29, 7:00 pm
Taylorville Public Library
Taylorville, Illinois
For more info contact Troy Taylor at: "ttay-@prairieghosts.com"

***
“Annual Haunted Halloween Night at the Lincoln Theater”
An All-Night Ghost Hunt at the Most Haunted Theater
Hosted by Troy Taylor
October 31
Decatur, Illinois
For more info contact Troy Taylor at: "ttay-@prairieghosts.com"

***
NOVEMBER 2002:

“The Ohio State Reformatory Ghost Hunt”
November 9th
November 23rd - Last ghost hunt for 2002!
Mansfield, Ohio
For more info visit: "http://www.mrps.org/ghost/index.html"

***
APRIL 2003:

“Second Annual Ghost Hunters Conference”
Saturday, April 12, 2003
Governors Ballroom, Radison
Penn Harris in Camp Hill, Pa.
For more info contact Kelly Weaver at: "mailto:Weav-@aol.com"

___________

MEDIA LISTINGS
___________

   The media listing mainly cover the 8pm to 10pm time slots. Most
listed times are Eastern Standard Time. Please check your local listings
for the correct viewing times in your area.

***
TELEVISION PROGRAMS:

***
TLC:

Tue - 18th at 10pm - Mostly True Tales: Urban Legends Revealed

***
UPN:

Tue - 18th at 8pm - Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Flooded
***
SCIFI:

Sunday thru Thursday at 11 and 11:30pm - Crossing Over With John Edwards

Wed - 19th at 8pm - Outer Limits
Thu - 20th at 8pm - Outer Limits: Caught In The Act
Thu - 20th at 9pm - Movie: Nightmare On Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors

***
PAX:

Tue - 18th at 8pm - Mysterious Ways: Friends In Need

***
DISCOVERY KIDS:

Fri - 21st at 8pm - Truth or Scare
Fri - 21st at 8:30pm - Truth or Scare
Sat - 22nd at 8pm - Truth or Scare
Sat - 22nd at 8:30pm - Truth or Scare
Sun - 23rd at 8pm - Truth or Scare
Sun - 23rd at 8:30pm - Truth or Scare
***
RADIO PROGRAMS:

ART BELL ( Website: http://www.artbell.com/index.html ):

06/16/02 - Sun/Mon
Host: George Noory
Guest: Scott Flansberg
The computational skills of Scott Flansburg (a.k.a. The Human
Calculator) are listed in the 2001 Guinness Book of World Records; he
holds a record for adding a sequence of numbers in his head faster than
an accountant using a calculator. Recently, he invented The Human
Calendar, which is a 13-month alternative to the Gregorian calendar.
Website: "http://www.humancalculator.com/"

06/17/02 - Mon/Tue
Guest: Neal Sibley
Neal Sibley, Screenplay Writer, has put together a screenplay on the
subject of the Bell Witch of Tennessee, which was a documented case of a
demon spirit that tormented a family during the 1820s. While working on
the project, Neal claims to have experienced an incredible series of
bizarre events.

06/18/02 - Tue/Wed
Guest: Stanton Friedman
Stanton Friedman often referred to as the "Father of Roswell", Stanton
Friedman was the first to investigate the incident beginning in 1978. He
has been investigating UFO incidents since the mid 1950's. Since 1967,
Friedman has lectured on the topic of UFOs at more than 600 colleges and
over 100 professional groups in 50 states, 9 Provinces, England, Italy,
Germany, Holland, France, Finland, Brazil, Australia, Korea, Mexico,
Turkey, Argentina, and Israel.

Guest: Dr. H. Paul Shuch
Dr. H. Paul Shuch, also known as Dr. SETI, is something of a cross
between Carl Sagan and Tom Lehrer. The aerospace engineer credited with
the design of the world's first commercial home satellite TV receiver
now directs his microwave interests toward the search for life in space.
Dr. Shuch received his Ph.D. in Engineering from the University of
California, Berkeley. Before joining The SETI League as its Executive
Director, he served as an engineering professor on various campuses for
a total of 24 years.
Website: "http://www.setileague.org/"

06/19/02 - Wed/Thu
Guest: Ramon E. Lopez
We are now in the midst of a solar maximum, the effects of which are
expected to be felt all the way through the year 2004. Dr. Lopez,
co-author of Storms from the Sun, explores the emerging physical science
of space weather and traces its increasing impact on a society that
relies on space-based technologies. Ramon E. Lopez is the C. Sharp Cook
Distinguished Professor in the Department of Physics at the University
of Texas at El Paso. He received his B.S. degree in Physics from the
University of Illinois, and his M.S. and Ph.D. degrees in Space Physics
from Rice University.
Website: "http://www.stormsfromthesun.net"
Website: "http://aurora.physics.utep.edu/rlopez/"

06/20/02 - Thu/Fri
TBA

06/21/02 - Fri/Sat
OPEN LINES

***
The "Exploring Unexplained Phenomena" radio program is on KZUM 89.3 FM,
Lincoln, NE, and has been on-air every Saturday morning since 1984, 10 -
11:30 am Central Time. The station phone number during the program only:
402-474-5086. The host is Scott H. Colborn, email at:
"kcol-@inebraska.com" and website is:
"http://www.thewayhomestore.com".

***
INTERNET RADIO PROGRAMS:

Jeff Rense: Listen at : http://www.sightings.com/
Mon. - Fri. at 7pm to 10 pm Pacific time
Sat. at 9pm to 3am Pacific time
Sun. at 8pm to 11pm Pacific time

***
http://www.pawebcast.cc/

Live every Wednesdays from 8 to 9pm EST.
Listen at:
http://www.pawebcast.com/visions/visions_from_the_other_side.htm

***
The Lou Gentile Show