* Feature Story
* Seeking Information
* True Stories
* Upcoming Events
* Media Listings

_____________

FROM THE EDITOR
_____________

Are you staring a new paranormal investigation group? Is your group
looking for new members? Does your group have an upcoming event? Has
your group done any interesting investigations? Has your group or
members of it appeared on any TV or radio programs? Do you have any
ghostly related news from your local area? If the answer to any of these
questions is “Yes”, please let us know so we can publish the information
in upcoming issues

_____________

LETTERS TO THE EDITOR
_____________

We invite your letters to the editor. Tell us how you feel about things
in the newsletter or in the ghost hunting community. All letters must be
accompanied by an email address so other readers can respond to you.

_____________

ANNOUNCEMENTS
_____________

We are currently working on compiling a reference library about ghosts
and hauntings. If you have any paranormal related books, magazines, news
articles, etc... that you would like to donate please send them to:
The Haunted Places Report
35934 Glasgow Road
Salineville, Ohio 43945

***
From Brittany at mrs_croc-@hotmail.com"

There is a haunted mission in Lompoc, CA. It was featured on the
television show "The World's Scariest Places".It is haunted by a priest
who used to live there. He has been seen by several park rangers. A
local college did a paranormal investigation recently. And discovered
many truths to this phenomenon. He wanders through the corridors of the
remaining buildings. He has also been seen walking across the grounds.
This mission is very well known to the locals for it's paranormal
activity. The name of the mission is La Purisima. I believe this may be
something you would like to investigate further.

***
From: Stewart at: smcda-@intlaquatic.com

We recently visited the Mitzpah Inn in Tonapah, NV, (near goldfield). A
beautiful turn of the century hotel in a once booming mining town, it
still has its original turn of the century feel.
Being in Nevada, there were a number of slot machines some of them
being moved. I noticed a blinking light on one machine which I didn't
think much of until I walked past the machine and noticed it was
unplugged! I then asked the manager about this strange sight and she
explained to me that it was the ghost. Apparently, blinking lights on
unplugged machines was only one way this ghost made its presence known.
People have seen a woman in a red dress roaming the halls and in the
lobby and elevator. She is said to be the ghost of a prostitute who was
murdered in her room on the 5th floor at the turn of the century.
Other weird things have also occurred. People have also been locked in
their rooms, the elevator will sometimes take itself up to the 5th floor
with no one in it. The room where this woman died is apparently very
haunted also.
Someone needs to look into this place. In really is a paranormal
goldmine.

***

____________

FEATURE STORY
____________

Solar Weather & Ghost Hunting
By Patti Starr, Certified Ghost Hunter
Copyright 2001 -2002 © Patti Starr, All rights reserved.
"http://www.ghosthunter.com"

" Ghosts! There are nigh a thousand million walking the earth openly at
noontide. O Heaven, it is mysterious, it is awful to consider that we
not only carry each a future ghost within, but are in very deed,
ghosts!"
Thomas Carlyle

The one thing I do each morning is check the solar weather data along
with the local weather forecast and list this information in a small
weekly diary I keep beside my computer. Example:

Saturday, August 4, 2002
Solar Rays = Active
Geo & Electro-magnetic Field = Quiet
Barometer = 29.9 inches & steady
Humidity = 100%
Winds = South/South East at 6 MPH
Local weather = T-storms/ hi 85/low 68

Before I could understand how geo- and electromagnetic fields affected
the outcome of my ghost investigations and spirit activity, I had to
learn where these fields originate. Solar flares are created by the
magnetic fields of the sun. The Coronal Hole is where particles can
escape from the sun without being stopped by the magnetic field. These
particles pass by earth within five days, with a speed of around 700
kilometers per second, or 1.5
million miles per hour. When this happens they cause auroras or polar
lights, interference in radio receptions, and interrupt the navigation
of birds.
A solar flare occurs when there is a violent, sudden eruption on the
surface of the sun. These flares only last a few minutes and during that
time, release energies equivalent to millions of hydrogen bombs. Flares
become more frequent near sunspots maximum, when smaller flares can
occur daily and large flares occur about once a week. During a flare,
the components in the flare may be heated as high as temperatures of 10
million K. Elements at these temperatures can discharge copious amounts
of UV and x-rays, as well as visible light. Flares can also eject
matter, mostly in the form of protons and electrons, into space at
speeds that can advance to 1000 KM/second. These occurrences are called
coronal mass ejections and create bursts in the solar wind that will
influence much of the solar system, including the auroras and other
related activity, several days from when the ejected burst hits earth.
Though the cause of such flares is not completely comprehended, flares
are known to be associated with magnetic fields of the sun. One
preferred explanation is that they occur when magnetic fields in the
sun, pointing in opposite directions, interact powerfully with each
other. These events can be brought about by the churning motion of solar
material near the surface and are more likely to happen during periods
of the active sun. Typically, there is a direct correlation between the
frequency of flares and the numbers of sunspots.
Flares are recognized by their brightness in x-rays (x-ray flux). The
largest flares are X-class flares. The M-class flares contain a tenth of
the energy found in the X-class flares. The C-class flares are rated to
have a tenth of the x-ray flux found in the M-class flares.
It is believed by some that ghosts and spirits are composed of both
geo- and electromagnetic fields. It stands to reason that these solar
flares transmit a charge of energy from which the spirits can pull these
energies, ultimately causing an increase in their energy and intensity.
It is also believed that the moon phases play an important role in
energies for the spirits and that the best time for this to happen is
during a new and full moon.
When I send out the schedule for the next ghost investigation to my
students I always factor in the solar weather and moon phases. In some
cases we are already seeing a pattern in some of the haunted places that
we return to during the same solar conditions.
I would like to invite and welcome you to my tutorial sections of my
website at Ghost Chasers International, Inc.
"http://www.ghostchasers.com". Or "http://www.ghosthunter.com" . While
you are there please check out the "Shop" for great buys in equipment,
devices, and other ghost hunter aids.

____________

SEEKING INFORMATION
___________

email the senders.

***
From Gus at: orlo-@hotmail.com

I have been interested in the Paranormal for a very long time. My
friend and I have found a graveyard by our house that we believe
contains paranormal activity. We have even taken a photograph of a orb
of light coming out of the cemetery. We live in Georgia and would like
to find out about a group that is out of Atlanta or in the State. Could
you please help us with finding a group? Also how do we go about
investigating this activity more? I would like to become a Ghost Hunter
and Researcher but I do not know how to start off. Please if you can
help in any way just let me know.

***
From Daniel at: eichs-@msn.com

Does anyone know of any haunted sites in Tulsa, Ok. or Sand Springs. I
heard there is a cemetery in Sand Springs called Postok but cant find
it. Can anyone out there who can help me?

***
From P. Schutts at: ohsch-@yahoo.com

I have a question and I hope it doesn't seem too awfully weird, but
I've gotten so many varied responses and opinions at gatherings over
this. The question is - "when people or beloved pets die is it always
possible to contact them and are their spirits close enough to us that
they see and hear us?" I'm amazed at the number of people that believe
in ghosts these days and the many different ideas on life after death.
I've had some ghostly experiences myself and enjoy talking with others
on the subject.
Thank you for any information or opinion you can send my way!

***
From Eileen Flanagan at: scully-@nyc.rr.com

My friend and I are looking for a paranormal research group in the New
York City area to work with. We have no previous experience but have
open minds and are willing to learn.

***
From: BSBLaD-@aol.com

Is there any haunted houses in Fairfield, CT.

***
From: MaryAnn at: MIAMI-@aol.com

Hello my name is MaryAnn I was wondering about the haunted cemetery in
Grand Island, New York. Whitehaven Cemetery. I was wondering when is a
good time to go and where the women holding the baby tomb stone is? And
the man that is looking for his pregnant wife and which tomb stone
glows. I know its one of the nice family but which one and what do you
recommend to do to take pictures there or should we call them in a
certain way to see if they are really there thank you MaryAnn

***
From: Rick at: tony.-@verizon.net

Do you know if there are any tours of Rose Red? If you know, can you
please email me this information? My email address is
"fancyr-@yahoo.com"

___________

TRUE STORIES
___________

From: JR2-@aol.com

The year was 1986, Danville, Indiana. I was 12 years old at the time. I
had stayed home from school, playing "hooky." I was laying on the couch
during the day watching cartoons and I looked over to the left to see an
old woman with long white hair and the most frightful of features
staring right at me, she was on her front forearms. At that moment when
I realized what was going on she looked at me and screamed, her tongue
came out like a serpent and in that instant she moved quickly out of the
room. I jumped up from the couch and ran out the back door to the
neighbors house, we lived in the country so neighbors weren't very
close. I had been so petrified by my experience that I had never
discussed or told anyone about it. I did not want people to think that I
was insane. Strange things happened before in that house. It was a newly
built home and I had lived there since I was 7 years old.
There had been talk that a longtime before it was farm land it had been
an Indian burial ground. Whatever lurked in that area did not want me
there. Also, there was another time before that incident when I had been
playing basketball outside, as I walked into the house I heard shuffling
of paper coming from my bedroom, my bedroom window as straight to the
back of the house and I could hear it so loudly. I began to shake and my
brother arrived home and asked what was wrong, I told him that I felt
someone was in the house. My brother picked up a baseball bat and
carried it to the bedroom. He came out and said that it had been the
blind on the window swaying in the breeze, and not to worry. Funny thing
was and he knew it too that the central air conditioning system was on
and I never was allowed to have my windows open. All the while living in
that house, when my parents weren't home I would open the doors, the
front door and the back because I had the intense feeling that it wasn't
what I was afraid of coming in, it was afraid of what was already there.
We moved when I was 15 and I have never been afraid of any other home
that I have lived in.
That house to me was haunted by a spirit. The feelings of cold air
sometimes when it was hot. The feeling of someone behind you when you
were doing something. It was not a good spirit. At night I felt that
someone was in the room with me, watching me, waiting and watching.
___________

UPCOMING EVENTS
___________

For complete details of all events listed in this section please visit:
http://www.haunted-places.com/tours.htm

***

SEPTEMBER 2002:

“The Ohio State Reformatory Ghost Hunt”
September 14th
Mansfield, Ohio
For more info visit: "http://www.mrps.org/ghost/index.html

***
“Fort Delaware Ghost/Lantern Tours”
Friday, September 13th
Fort Delaware
Call Fort Delaware for reservations and exact departure times at (302)
834-7941.
For additional information, call Ed at 410 398-5013 or send an e-mail at
"ed-@mystandlace.com"

***
“History and Haunts Cemetery Walk”
Saturday, September 14
St. Peters Cemetery, Smyrna, Del.
For additional information, call Ed at 410 398-5013 or send an e-mail
to: "ed-@mystandlace.com"

***
“Fort Delaware Ghost/Lantern Tour (departure from NEW JERSEY)”
Friday, Sept. 20
Fort Delaware
Call Fort Delaware for reservations and exact departure times at (302)
834-7941.
For additional information, call Ed at 410 398-5013 or send an e-mail at
"ed-@mystandlace.com"

***
“West Virginia State Penitentiary Ghost Hunt“
September 20th
Moundsville, West Virginia
Last ghost hunt for 2002!
For more info contact John or Lisa at: "MAJD-@aol.com" or visit their
website at: "http://www.majda.net/"

***
“Ghost/History Gathering”
Saturday, Sept. 21
North East, Md.
For additional information, call Ed at 410 398-5013 or send an e-mail
at "ed-@mystandlace.com"

***
“Mid-South Paranormal Convention”
Sept. 21st & 22nd from 9am - 5pm, both days.
EXPO FIVE 2900
South 7th Street
Louisville, Ky .
For more information or if you interested in renting booth space please
visit the LGHS website at:
"http://www.louisvilleghosthunters.homestead.com/"

***
“KateFest 2002”
Adams, Tennessee
September 28th and 29th
The KateFest Web page (""http://www.katefest.com"") is constantly
updated as things come together.
???
***
“History and Haunts Cemetery Walk”
Saturday, Sept. 28 at 7 p.m.
St. Mary Anne's Cemetery, North East, Md.
For additional information, call Ed at 410 398-5013 or send an e-mail at
“e-@mystandlace.com"

***
OCTOBER 2002:

“HAUNTED NEWPORT”
October 1-31, 2002
Newport, Rhode Island
More info at: "http://www.hauntednewport.com"

***
"Confessions of a Ghost Hunter" by Troy Taylor
October 3, at 7: 00 pm
Eastern Illinois University
Charleston, Illinois
For more info contact Troy Taylor at: "ttay-@prairieghosts.com"

***
“The Annual Fall Festival”
Saturday, October 5 from 12-5
The History & Hauntings Book Co.
Alton, Illinois
For more info contact Troy Taylor at: "ttay-@prairieghosts.com"

***
“Twilight Dinner Tour”
A History & Hauntings Tour
Hosted by author Troy Taylor
October 5
Alton, Illinois
For more info visit: "http://www.prairieghosts.com/tours.html"

***
"Confessions of a Ghost Hunter" by Troy Taylor
October 7at 6:00 pm
St. Louis Community College (Florissant Valley)
For more info contact Troy Taylor at: "ttay-@prairieghosts.com"

***
"Spirits of the Civil War" by Troy Taylor
October 10 at 7:00 pm
Fairview Heights Public Library
Fairview Heights, Illinois
For more info contact Troy Taylor at: "ttay-@prairieghosts.com"

***
“Twilight Dinner Tour”
A History & Hauntings Tour
Hosted by author Troy Taylor
October 11
Alton, Illinois
For more info visit: "http://www.prairieghosts.com/tours.html"

***
“Haunted History Cemetery Tour”
Friday, Oct. 11 at 6:30 and 8 p.m.,
Head of Christiana Cemetery, north of Newark, Del.
For additional information, call Ed at 410 398-5013 or send an e-mail at
"ed-@mystandlace.com"

***
“Twilight Tour”
A History & Hauntings Tour
Hosted by author Troy Taylor
October 12
Alton, Illinois
For more info visit: "http://www.prairieghosts.com/tours.html"

***
“Haunted Corn Maze”
Last three weekends of October
Leonard Michigan (North Oakland County)
For more info call (248)628-4014

***
“Twilight Tour”
A History & Hauntings Tour
Hosted by author Troy Taylor
October 13
Alton, Illinois
For more info visit: "http://www.prairieghosts.com/tours.html"

***
“Twilight Tour”
A History & Hauntings Tour
Hosted by author Troy Taylor
October 16
Alton, Illinois
For more info visit: "http://www.prairieghosts.com/tours.html"

***
“Twilight Tour”
A History & Hauntings Tour
Hosted by author Troy Taylor
October 17
Alton, Illinois
For more info visit: "http://www.prairieghosts.com/tours.html"

***
“Fort Delaware Ghost/Lantern Tours”
Friday, Oct. 18
Fort Delaware
Call Fort Delaware for reservations and exact departure times at (302)
834-7941.
For additional information, call Ed at 410 398-5013 or send an e-mail at
"ed-@mystandlace.com"
???
***
“Twilight Dinner Tour”
A History & Hauntings Tour
Hosted by author Troy Taylor
October 18
Alton, Illinois
For more info visit: "http://www.prairieghosts.com/tours.html"

***
“History and Haunts Cemetery Walk”
Oct. 19, Saturday, 5:30 and 7:30 p.m.
Old Drawyers Cemetery, north of Odessa, Del. (or perhaps a new cemetery
site).
For additional information, call Ed at 410 398-5013 or send an e-mail at
"ed-@mystandlace.com"
???
***
“Campout / Ghost Hunt in the ghost town of Sprucevale”
October 19th - Date subject to change due to the weather.
Near East Liverpool, Ohio
For more info contact John or Lisa at: "MAJD-@aol.com" or visit their
website at: "http://www.majda.net/"

***
“Haunted Decatur Tour”
Special Event co-hosted by Skip Huston &
Troy Taylor
October 19
Decatur, Illinois
More Information available at (217) 422-1776

***
“Twilight Tour”
A History & Hauntings Tour
Hosted by author Troy Taylor
October 20
Alton, Illinois
For more info visit: "http://www.prairieghosts.com/tours.html"

***
"Confessions of a Ghost Hunter" by TroyTaylor
October 21, 6:30 pm
Pekin Public Library
For more info contact Troy Taylor at: "ttay-@prairieghosts.com"

***
“Twilight Tour”
A History & Hauntings Tour
Hosted by author Troy Taylor
October 23
Alton, Illinois
For more info visit: "http://www.prairieghosts.com/tours.html"

***
“A History & Hauntings Tour”
Hosted by author Troy Taylor
October 24
Alton, Illinois
For more info visit: "http://www.prairieghosts.com/tours.html"

***
“Fort Delaware Ghost/Lantern Tours”
Friday, Oct. 25
Fort Delaware
Call Fort Delaware for reservations and exact departure times at (302)
834-7941.
For additional information, call Ed at 410 398-5013 or send an e-mail at
"ed-@mystandlace.com"
???
***
“Twilight Dinner Tour”
A History & Hauntings Tour
Hosted by author Troy Taylor
October 25
Alton, Illinois
For more info visit: "http://www.prairieghosts.com/tours.html"

***
“Ghost Tour of the Haunted Village”
Saturday, Oct. 26 at 6:30 and 8:30 p.m.,
Dover, Delaware
For additional information, call Ed at 410 398-5013 or send an e-mail at
"ed-@mystandlace.com"

***
“Twilight Dinner Tour”
A History & Hauntings Tour
Hosted by author Troy Taylor
October 26
Alton, Illinois
For more info visit: "http://www.prairieghosts.com/tours.html"

***
“Paranormal Conference”
October 26-27
Haunted Fourth Ward School Center in historic Virginia City, south of
Reno
For more information contact Mark Guilford at "mguil-@earthlink.net"
or Janice Oberding at "obee-@aol.com".
Conference registration page:
"http://www.sacramentoparanormal.com/vcpc2002.html"

***
“Twilight Tour”
A History & Hauntings Tour
Hosted by author Troy Taylor
October 27
Alton, Illinois
For more info visit: "http://www.prairieghosts.com/tours.html"

***
"History & Hauntings" by Troy Taylor
October 29, 7:00 pm
Taylorville Public Library
Taylorville, Illinois
For more info contact Troy Taylor at: "ttay-@prairieghosts.com"

***
“Annual Haunted Halloween Night at the Lincoln Theater”
An All-Night Ghost Hunt at the Most Haunted Theater
Hosted by Troy Taylor
October 31
Decatur, Illinois
For more info contact Troy Taylor at: "ttay-@prairieghosts.com"

***
NOVEMBER 2002:

“The Ohio State Reformatory Ghost Hunt”
November 9th
November 23rd - Last ghost hunt for 2002!
Mansfield, Ohio
For more info visit: "http://www.mrps.org/ghost/index.html"

***
APRIL 2003:

“Second Annual Ghost Hunters Conference”
Saturday, April 12, 2003
Governors Ballroom, Radison
Penn Harris in Camp Hill, Pa.
For more info contact Kelly Weaver at: "mailto:Weav-@aol.com"

___________

MEDIA LISTINGS
___________

   The media listing mainly cover the 8pm to 10pm time slots. Most
listed times are Eastern Standard Time. Please check your local listings
for the correct viewing times in your area.

***
TELEVISION PROGRAMS:
T.V. listings will return next week!

***
INTERNET RADIO PROGRAMS:

***
The "Exploring Unexplained Phenomena" radio program is on KZUM 89.3 FM,
Lincoln, NE, and has been on-air every Saturday morning since 1984, 10 -
11:30 am Central Time. The station phone number during the program only:
402-474-5086. The host is Scott H. Colborn, email at:
"kcol-@inebraska.com" and website is:
"http://www.thewayhomestore.com" .

Jeff Rense: Listen at : http://www.sightings.com/
Mon. - Fri. at 7pm to 10 pm Pacific time
Sat. at 9pm to 3am Pacific time
Sun. at 8pm to 11pm Pacific time

***
http://www.pawebcast.cc/

Live every Wednesdays from 8 to 9pm EST.
Listen at:
http://www.pawebcast.com/visions/visions_from_the_other_side.htm

***
The Lou Gentile Show