_____________

From: Jeff at: umal-@charter.net

The Blue Ridge Parkway has many haunted stories from the Moses Cone
Manor ,to the Green Park Inn which both places are in Blowing Rock Grove
Park Inn in Ashville.

***
From: Francesca at: fsb-@msa.attmil.ne.jp

In Evansville Indiana, there are several haunted houses, often
documented in their local paper. I'm quite certain you've probably heard
of the Grey Lady at the Evansville Public Library, but she's well
covered elsewhere. I am pretty certain the Reitz Home is haunted as
well.
Also, across the river in Henderson, KY, there is an area called Wolf
Hills. While I know of no official documentation of ghosts, I know of
several incidences, including my own experiences when driving through
the area. It's downright eerie. My ex-husband had an event there, where
he and a friend got out of their car, and after they walked away, the
car started and rolled down the road. While young, I was (with a friend)
chased by some 'fog' on the way back to her house from a friend's place.
This house is just south of Wolf Hills.    Maybe some research into
these places could lead to some more interesting finds.

***
From: Mai-Lee at: MaiMo-@aol.com

About three years ago, while camping in Idaho, my father had decided to
take us to the ghost town of Florence, Idaho. One of the bigger gold
rushes in the state of Idaho.
We read the sign where the town site used to be, which told of a town
bully who was murdered by two other men, the exhumed graves of the
Chinese miners, etc. I took a picture of the sign, and when I got it
developed, you could clearly make out a misty face on the sign, where
there was none.
I believe this town was quite busy in the early second half of the 19th
century, and when you go there, you can see that the miners were so
desperate for gold, they dug and trenched up everything, wherever there
was a trickle of water. There is a graveyard in the town, which is
probably kept up by the forest service. Sorry I don't have any more
details for you at this time.
I lived several years in a house that was haunted by my own close
family members, and I know the signs of a haunting.
I had my radios turn on at full blast in the middle of the night, had
the dog start growling at thin air, lights flickering on and off,
voices, footsteps, etc. I'm 100% positive that there is something
haunting my old house, as much as i'm positive that the ghost town of
Florence is haunted.

____________

FEATURE STORY
____________
John's Pass
Written by Feature Writer Brandy stark

Ghosts are notoriously shy creatures. Often, they shun the daylight,
inhabit areas infrequently visited, and leaving intangible proofs of
their passing.
That is what makes paranormal investigation so fascinating. One never
knows what investigation will land the proverbial gold mind or be the
ultimate bust.
John's Pass held promise. Several local sources sited rumors that the
Pass was haunted by the restless ghosts of two dead brothers. Soldiers
for the wrong side during the Civil
War, the Yankee brothers' loyalties earned the wrath of local townsfolk
who killed them, burying their bodies in unmarked graves near the area
of the channel.
The Tampa Triangle Dead Zone, by Capt. Bill Miller, a handbook for the
paranormal in the tri-county area, hosts a chapter on ghosts. Documented
within is the eerie sighting of
the two dank figures by "Harold" and "Donny," fishermen out for a bit of
early morning sport.
Described by the Captain as "pale and scrawny, with mold and grease
dripping from their tattered clothes," the unearthly shades are
witnessed drifting with the current northward, ducking first under the
bridge as they headed towards the Bay.
The SPIRITS decided to investigate, but there was one hitch: according
to legend, the brothers only show themselves during the pre-dawn morning
after the new moon of each month.
The late-night ghost hunters would have to prepare for an early morning
get together.
The bleary-eyed teammates gathered themselves at 5 a.m., Saturday,
April 12th, for the investigation. Research and equipment in hand, the
group headed for the bridge to await the
drab ghosts and the odor of decay that accompanied them.
Arriving in the still dark morning, the SPIRITS encountered their first
obstacle: the bridge. Though a beautiful and historic structure, a long
grounding wire stretched alongside the bridge and emitted more than
enough EMF (electromagnetic energy fields) to make all of the team's
meters ineffective.
The pre-dawn sea air also held a thin fog. Though barely visible, and
dissipating with the coming dawn, the droplets of water took on
distinction when the team used either flashlights or camera flash to
record the earliest part of the event.
Mapping the area was easy. A walkway existed beneath the bridge
allowing a view to both sides of the waterways. Several support beams
and columns held the hand written warning
"Something is out there."Evidentially, the story of the ghosts had
inspired a fan of the X-Files to comment about the local lore.
The remainder of the time was spent visually scanning for the ghosts
and the occasional quip to keep one another awake. One member, suffering
from a cold, retreated from the investigation to warm herself in the
car.
Other than the occasional splashing of a shark, a crab swimming in the
current, a gathering of fishing boats, and a beautiful sunrise, very
little spectral happened that morning. Despite a valiant effort,
including interviewing our lone companion, a fisherman who had never
heard the story, the team left
empty handed.
However, if specters were spotted at every site the SPIRITS visited
something would be wrong. Supernatural phenomena is based upon ruling
out natural causes, which may be varied, particularly when combined with
human imagination.
So, what of the rumors of the ghosts at John's Pass? There may be
several explanations. Could the story be an urban legend? Bridges are
often featured as the focus of paranormal
stories. Perhaps it is the interaction of human made structures over the
unpredictable forces of nature that make them seem
supernatural.
The Pass itself, an attraction for fishers, also known for their tall
tales, can be eerily quite despite being in the heart of a populated
area. The combination of sea mist, with strong brackish breezes, and
predawn silence can create specters of imagination.
Perhaps the brothers are real, but simply put off by the high activity
of the day. Or, maybe they have finally discovered the rest that had
eluded them so long ago and have ceased
their nightly activities.
Only the creatures of the deep and the two Yankee spirits know for
sure.

____________

SEEKING INFORMATION
___________

email the senders.

***
From: Dave at: Dave.F-@rexnord.com

Was wondering if there is a listing available which would show haunted
houses to visit for Halloween in the Milwaukee area.

***
From: chngd-@yahoo.com

Do you any bed and breakfast places in New Orleans in the French
Quarter or close to that area?

___________

TRUE STORIES
___________

From: James at: jmbi-@earthlink.net

I have had many different things happen to me different times of my
life. When I was young, I often heard foot steps in the hallway of the
house I grew-up in. I once saw a man in a wool coat float over my bed (
I didn't sleep in that bedroom for 2 nights). My father rented the
basement and on day the renter told me he heard someone walking upstairs
when he knew we weren't at home. I was stationed in Germany in the Army.
The Kassern I was on was once an Nazi airport. Many times during the
night (guard duty) I would see tracer bullets hit the ground and bounce
all around, I was quite scared the first time I saw that happen. My
current house, seems to have things happen . Doors open and shut by
them-self. Keys and watches disappear and turn up later, light flicker,
the old phone (that is not hooked up) rings, and lights turn them selfs
on from time to time. My wife and I never feel scared of these things
just ! surprised from time to time.

___________

UPCOMING EVENTS
___________

For complete details of all events listed in this section please visit:
http://www.haunted-places.com/tours.htm

***
OCTOBER 2002:

“HAUNTED NEWPORT”
October 1-31, 2002
Newport, Rhode Island
More info at: "http://www.hauntednewport.com"

***
"Confessions of a Ghost Hunter" by Troy Taylor
October 3, at 7: 00 pm
Eastern Illinois University
Charleston, Illinois
For more info contact Troy Taylor at: "ttay-@prairieghosts.com"

***
“The Annual Fall Festival”
Saturday, October 5 from 12-5
The History & Hauntings Book Co.
Alton, Illinois
For more info contact Troy Taylor at: "ttay-@prairieghosts.com"

***
“Twilight Dinner Tour”
A History & Hauntings Tour
Hosted by author Troy Taylor
October 5
Alton, Illinois
For more info visit: "http://www.prairieghosts.com/tours.html"

***
"Confessions of a Ghost Hunter" by Troy Taylor
October 7at 6:00 pm
St. Louis Community College (Florissant Valley)
For more info contact Troy Taylor at: "ttay-@prairieghosts.com"

***
"Spirits of the Civil War" by Troy Taylor
October 10 at 7:00 pm
Fairview Heights Public Library
Fairview Heights, Illinois
For more info contact Troy Taylor at: "ttay-@prairieghosts.com"

***
“Twilight Dinner Tour”
A History & Hauntings Tour
Hosted by author Troy Taylor
October 11
Alton, Illinois
For more info visit: "http://www.prairieghosts.com/tours.html"

***
“Haunted History Cemetery Tour”
Friday, Oct. 11 at 6:30 and 8 p.m.,
Head of Christiana Cemetery, north of Newark, Del.
For additional information, call Ed at 410 398-5013 or send an e-mail at
"ed-@mystandlace.com"

***
“Twilight Tour”
A History & Hauntings Tour
Hosted by author Troy Taylor
October 12
Alton, Illinois
For more info visit: "http://www.prairieghosts.com/tours.html"

***
“Haunted Corn Maze”
Last three weekends of October
Leonard Michigan (North Oakland County)
For more info call (248)628-4014

***
“Twilight Tour”
A History & Hauntings Tour
Hosted by author Troy Taylor
October 13
Alton, Illinois
For more info visit: "http://www.prairieghosts.com/tours.html"

***
“Twilight Tour”
A History & Hauntings Tour
Hosted by author Troy Taylor
October 16
Alton, Illinois
For more info visit: "http://www.prairieghosts.com/tours.html"

***
“Twilight Tour”
A History & Hauntings Tour
Hosted by author Troy Taylor
October 17
Alton, Illinois
For more info visit: "http://www.prairieghosts.com/tours.html"

***
“Fort Delaware Ghost/Lantern Tours”
Friday, Oct. 18
Fort Delaware
Call Fort Delaware for reservations and exact departure times at (302)
834-7941.
For additional information, call Ed at 410 398-5013 or send an e-mail at
"ed-@mystandlace.com"

***
“Twilight Dinner Tour”
A History & Hauntings Tour
Hosted by author Troy Taylor
October 18
Alton, Illinois
For more info visit: "http://www.prairieghosts.com/tours.html"

***
“History and Haunts Cemetery Walk”
Oct. 19, Saturday, 5:30 and 7:30 p.m.
Old Drawyers Cemetery, north of Odessa, Del. (or perhaps a new cemetery
site).
For additional information, call Ed at 410 398-5013 or send an e-mail at
"ed-@mystandlace.com"

***
“Campout / Ghost Hunt in the ghost town of Sprucevale”
October 19th - Date subject to change due to the weather.
Near East Liverpool, Ohio
For more info contact John or Lisa at: "MAJD-@aol.com" or visit their
website at: "http://www.majda.net/"

***
“Haunted Decatur Tour”
Special Event co-hosted by Skip Huston &
Troy Taylor
October 19
Decatur, Illinois
More Information available at (217) 422-1776

***
“Twilight Tour”
A History & Hauntings Tour
Hosted by author Troy Taylor
October 20
Alton, Illinois
For more info visit: "http://www.prairieghosts.com/tours.html"

***
"Confessions of a Ghost Hunter" by TroyTaylor
October 21, 6:30 pm
Pekin Public Library
For more info contact Troy Taylor at: "ttay-@prairieghosts.com"

***
“Twilight Tour”
A History & Hauntings Tour
Hosted by author Troy Taylor
October 23
Alton, Illinois
For more info visit: "http://www.prairieghosts.com/tours.html"

***
“A History & Hauntings Tour”
Hosted by author Troy Taylor
October 24
Alton, Illinois
For more info visit: "http://www.prairieghosts.com/tours.html"

***
“Fort Delaware Ghost/Lantern Tours”
Friday, Oct. 25
Fort Delaware
Call Fort Delaware for reservations and exact departure times at (302)
834-7941.
For additional information, call Ed at 410 398-5013 or send an e-mail at
"ed-@mystandlace.com"

***
“Twilight Dinner Tour”
A History & Hauntings Tour
Hosted by author Troy Taylor
October 25
Alton, Illinois
For more info visit: "http://www.prairieghosts.com/tours.html"

***
“Ghost Tour of the Haunted Village”
Saturday, Oct. 26 at 6:30 and 8:30 p.m.,
Dover, Delaware
For additional information, call Ed at 410 398-5013 or send an e-mail at
"ed-@mystandlace.com"

***
“Twilight Dinner Tour”
A History & Hauntings Tour
Hosted by author Troy Taylor
October 26
Alton, Illinois
For more info visit: "http://www.prairieghosts.com/tours.html"

***
“Paranormal Conference”
October 26-27
Haunted Fourth Ward School Center in historic Virginia City, south of
Reno
For more information contact Mark Guilford at "mguil-@earthlink.net"
or Janice Oberding at "obee-@aol.com".
Conference registration page:
"http://www.sacramentoparanormal.com/vcpc2002.html"

***
“Twilight Tour”
A History & Hauntings Tour
Hosted by author Troy Taylor
October 27
Alton, Illinois
For more info visit: "http://www.prairieghosts.com/tours.html"

***
"History & Hauntings" by Troy Taylor
October 29, 7:00 pm
Taylorville Public Library
Taylorville, Illinois
For more info contact Troy Taylor at: "ttay-@prairieghosts.com"

***
“Annual Haunted Halloween Night at the Lincoln Theater”
An All-Night Ghost Hunt at the Most Haunted Theater
Hosted by Troy Taylor
October 31
Decatur, Illinois
For more info contact Troy Taylor at: "ttay-@prairieghosts.com"

***
NOVEMBER 2002:

“The Ohio State Reformatory Ghost Hunt”
November 9th
November 23rd - Last ghost hunt for 2002!
Mansfield, Ohio
For more info visit: "http://www.mrps.org/ghost/index.html"

***
APRIL 2003:

“Second Annual Ghost Hunters Conference”
Saturday, April 12, 2003
Governors Ballroom, Radison
Penn Harris in Camp Hill, Pa.
For more info contact Kelly Weaver at: "mailto:Weav-@aol.com"

___________

MEDIA LISTINGS
___________

   The media listing mainly cover the 8pm to 10pm time slots. Most
listed times are Eastern Standard Time. Please check your local listings
for the correct viewing times in your area.

***
INTERNET RADIO PROGRAMS:

***
The "Exploring Unexplained Phenomena" radio program is on KZUM 89.3 FM,
Lincoln, NE, and has been on-air every Saturday morning since 1984, 10 -
11:30 am Central Time. The station phone number during the program only:
402-474-5086. The host is Scott H. Colborn, email at:
"kcol-@inebraska.com" and website is:
"http://www.thewayhomestore.com" .

Jeff Rense: Listen at : http://www.sightings.com/
Mon. - Fri. at 7pm to 10 pm Pacific time
Sat. at 9pm to 3am Pacific time
Sun. at 8pm to 11pm Pacific time

***
http://www.pawebcast.cc/

Live every Wednesdays from 8 to 9pm EST.
Listen at:
http://www.pawebcast.com/visions/visions_from_the_other_side.htm

***
The Lou Gentile Show