Welcome Guest!
 Haunted Places
 Jan 06, 2003 16:12 PST

_____________

LETTERS TO THE EDITOR
_____________

We invite your letters to the editor. Tell us how you feel about things
in the newsletter or in the ghost hunting community. All letters must be
accompanied by an email address so other readers can respond to you.

***

From: VAI-@aol.com

I am very elated that you are finally back. But the question is just
for how long!? I always get so into your material and what happens? You
people come into some technicality and guess what? There I go again, I
lose out on events and happenings... so how long will it be with you
before you people will decide whose is staying on or what! I really
enjoy your material but how long will it be before you go off again! I
understand things happen but C'mon this is really frustrating . I'd like
some kind of response before I get thrown in the trash. I really like
your information I just wish you'd stay long enough to know what's up.
Before I don’t hear from you people again.

Editor’s response: I can understand your frustrations. However, you must
understand somethings. First are the technical problems we encounter
awhile back. These were problems we our internet service provider and we
had no control over them.
Secondly, the most recent problem was with some very difficult times I
was going thru (divorce and moves). I had to put everything on hold and
get my life moving again. I’m sorry if you can not understand this and
only hope you never have to go thru anything like it. The newsletter and
the website take up a lot of my time (for which I do not get paid) but
I’m happy to do it and I enjoy doing it. As founder of the newsletter
Dennis knew what I was going thru and even offered to release me as the
Editor. This is something I did not want to do and I very grateful to
him for giving me the time I needed to get my life back together. I also
want to thank everyone for their letters of support and prayers during
what was a very difficult time.

_____________

ANNOUNCEMENTS
_____________

From: Mark at: seb-@sebar.com

Here is the link to my web page. I doing research on this small park to
see if a future fiction project is viable. While taking pictures in late
November 2002 strange things began showing up. I took these with a
digital Toshiba camera. When I took the photos the first time nothing
seemed to show up after I downloaded them to my computer. But this
second trip I experienced several strange incidences. I was alone that
afternoon after having visited the super indents office of parks. We had
a friendly chat and he hinted their may have been weird instances from
the past. Also a Simi Valley engineer of the parks department had
mentioned that the area is steeped in Chumash Indian history.
I took many photos that clear and breezy afternoon and there was a
strange guy in old clothing who watched me walking around snapping
photos. When I hiked down toward the supposedly haunted rock, I noticed
him watching me. I snapped a few shots and then hiked back to the top of
the field. He was gone in seconds. Disappeared and there didn't seem to
be anywhere he could go in a few moments time. I though he was kind of
weird, something that bugged me, because I was by myself and he seemed
out of place, perhaps as much as I did. Anyhow I posted many pictures
and had a friend who is a psychic review them including the shocking
photos I got. At the bottom of my web I set up for this project, there
are three specific photos. One is are two sets of glowing eyes looking
out from under a large fallen tree trunk off path. When I shot this
photo it was of nothing unusual. Note the sun is up and over the tree,
so the chances of this being a reflection of sunlight evenly spaced
apart without a light stream behind it are next to nil. This shot
appears with a set of eyes looking at the camera. Since it was in the
afternoon, I had the flash turned off. This means that whatever is
shining in the center dark area and at the left end of the log was not
from a reflection or flash.
Two, in the upper branches of a sycamore tree is an object about the
size of a small child. It shows up purple in color. However in a
negative or what I call night vision mode, it appears as a green color.
Three, in front of the haunted rock I snapped a photo of a bush.
Nothing out of the ordinary here when I snapped it. No ghosts right?
look at the normal photo again. Purple haze at the foot of the bush and
surrounding it. My first though was a solar camera flare. Not the case
here. When in the negative mode, the energy is green. There is something
there in the photo that did not show up in the time I had been snapping
it.
I questioned Toshiba's tech support and also Adobe on the use of
Photoshop, and they feel the shots were taken in the camera. In addition
Toshiba seems to think they are not the results of lens problems
including solar flare or lens bubbles.
Here is the link to my site. In the photo with the eyes I added thick
blue arrows to point them out, though they are very obvious.
I plan to go back for several more pictures. Let me know your thoughts
on these.
"http://www.sebar.com/haunted/"

***
From: Billy at: true-@classicnet.net

I just wanted to announce that the North Texas Paranormal Investigation
and Research Studies now has a host for our domain. We are still
updating all the pages, but hope to have them finished after the first
of the year. I hope everyone will stop by and let us know what you
think.
http://www.geocities.com/boxer75161/NTPRS.html

***
From staff writer Brandy B. Stark at: sfcf-@scfn.thpl.lib.fl.us

I'm excited toannounce that Santa thought I was a good enough ghost
hunter to allow me the Trifield Meter which scans for EMF, Electric, and
Radio/Microwave frequencies. Can't wait for the next investigation! I
also got new rechargeable batteries, which is quite lovely.

***
From: boo_-@hauntednewport.net

It's true--hauntednewport.com is dead! But fear not! Haunted Newport
2003 is still very much alive. (Actually, maybe you SHOULD be afraid.)
We've grown so much over the past 5 years that we have widened our NET
to lure even more folks to our boo-tiful city!
Please change the URL for all of your Haunted Newport and Haunted
Newport Horror Film Festival listings to:
"http://www.hauntednewport.net"

***
From: uncov-@ic24.net

My name is Barry Fitzgerald and I’m based here in Ireland. Currently I
run my own tourist business called Brise d’ espirit which can be found
at "http://www.espirit.0catch.com/" .It allows members of the public the
ability to stay in haunted locations through out Ireland. Currently Ross
Castle is the favourite location offer the guests lists of activity.
I have researched the paranormal seriously for the past 9 years and I
was serious about finding locations that currently produced activity and
not stories which fell into legend.

***
From Joe at: jmes-@sympatico.ca

There is a haunted road in Amherstburg, Ontario (Canada). Amherstburg
is about 20 miles south of the Detroit/Windsor border. There have been
many stories about who haunts the road and for what reasons the road is
haunted. Texas Road (the road that is haunted), is a few miles long. It
starts at 18 highway (I think the highway might be called "Highway 20"
now) and runs east for a few miles. At the other end, you will hit the
forest. In the forest is a grave yard.
People say that is where the ghost comes from, but who knows. There
have been many experiences with the "Ghost of Texas Road" so the people
of this tiny town have heard of this ghost. Come and visit us if you are
close to the area! Just ask someone where to find the road and he/she
will tell ya!!!

____________

FEATURE STORY
____________

Local Haunts:
The Spirit of St. Petersburg
The Ghost of Nelson Poynter

It is said that the ghost of Nelson Poynter still travels on the
elevator located in the Bayboro Building. The sight of abnormal activity
for both the living and the dead, this elevator has been prone to
strange behavior that some have blamed on the ghost. The Bayboro
Building now houses a variety of important campus services including the
Registrar’s Office, Student Services, Financial Aid, and the campus
cashier on the first floor. The second floor has the computer center,
classrooms, and the Dean’s suite, among other offices for staff and
faculty. However, at one point in time, not so long ago, it was the home
of the Bayboro campus library named in honor of Nelson Poynter, a man
who loved to spend time among its books. While the building was still a
library the elevator within was already known for its unusual behavior.
"Well, I never saw it. I heard them say that one of the night crew saw
the ghost and there was talk about it, but I never knew if it was a joke
or not," said Jan Boyd, a library staff member. Jan worked in the "old
building" her first year at the library and was one of the staff who
helped move the Nelson Poynter library into its new home.
"Sometimes, it [the elevator] would sit there and not move. It was an
old cranky elevator."
Letta Ramsay, of Student Services, presently works in the office
located right beside the elevator in question. Since the Bay building’s
restructuring the elevator has been reconditioned, but not replaced. So
far, though, she also has noted nothing unusual.
"I never heard anything about a ghost or the elevator before you asked,"
she said.
Well, perhaps the newness of the campus Bay building is not what the
spirit of Poynter Nelson is interested in. Maybe his ghost departed when
the library was transferred to a newer building and the old Bay building
was gutted for office space. Perhaps he was never there in the first
place, but was merely a creative way to explain a quirky old elevator.
Or maybe, just maybe, he moved into the new building to remain a
guardian over the faculty, staff, and books that it houses. But, the
next time you find yourself alone in the library, or if the Bay building
elevator acts up while you in it, say hello to Mr. Poynter. I’m sure
he’d be glad for a little conversation.

This article has been printed with the permission of all parties
involved. Do you have a ghost story to share or a haunted sight you’d
like investigated? If so, please contact Brandy Buchanan via Bayside
News at (727) 502-0867.

____________

SEEKING INFORMATION
___________

email the senders.

***
From Kari at: karia-@yahoo.com

Hi everyone! I was wondering if anybody knew if there is a paranormal
website / club around the middle of Virginia. Mostly in the Richmond
area. Thanks!

***
From Chuck at:Oh501-@aol.com

Hi everyone... I’m looking to become involved in paranormal research
groups here in the Columbus, Ohio area. Haven’t been able to find any
legitimate groups. Can anyone help me out?

***
From Frank at: FElli-@aol.com

I am Looking For Haunted in New London New Hampshire. ? Can you help.

***
From Kelly at: scooby-@yahoo.com

I was wondering if there were any haunted places and/or paranormal
groups in the Boise, Idaho area. Thanks!

***
From Sue at: sueadk-@hotmail.com

I'm absolutely fascinated with a house and wanted to know if anyone
could give me any further info. It's called the Bagby ( pronounced bag
bee) House, not certain of the spelling. It was built in 1855 and is the
second oldest house in Ashland Kentucky. It does have spirits, 3 or 4
that I could sense. Three are light and airy like children, one is much
darker. The house is on the national historical register, and is located
on Lexington Avenue. The residents of the home report noises on the
stairs, cold spots, cold breezes that whisk by you, and an occasional
moan or whisper. I was a guest at a Christmas dinner, so I don't know
just how well these good people would take to others snooping around for
ghosts, you might say I did my investigating on the Q.T.
If anyone can give me any history on the home I would really
appreciated it, I'm fascinated by history as well as hauntings.

Also from Sue:

I was wondering if someone could tell me about the haunt history of
Woodsfield Ohio. A friend of mines' father was simply crossing a street
downtown, (there's a church, drug store, and a McDonalds close together)
and he said that something actually GRABBED his leg, made him fall, he
ended up breaking his hip. It really bothered her, so I told her I would
check it out. I appreciate any help and / or info you can give me.

***
From Terra at: booksi-@cs.com

I am working on a book about the paranormal of southern Nevada, Las
Vegas, Laughlin, Boulder City, etc. I would also like to start or join a
paranormal group in Las Vegas area.

***
From: MADAM-@aol.com

A friend of mine is really interested in staying at a haunted
house/hotel. I would love some info on where in England there are such
places. Wales or Cleveleys would be a good one for him. I would
appreciate it very much if you could forward this info ASAP. Thank you!

___________

TRUE STORIES
___________

I was on a tour with my mother, Aunt and cousin and after the usual
'Jack The Ripper' sites the tour guide directed the bus driver to a
mansion outside of the city. From our recollection it was called the
"Clarendon House", but searching that does not come up with the house
that we went to.
It was a large mansion that was occupied in the 16th or 17th century by
an older wealthy man and his younger wife. The owner had a chapel room
that he kept locked and no one was allowed to enter. The wife was never
very happy in the house and after her husband died she decided to sell.
When they went into the room, there was an altar with human skeleton
parts in it and it was determined that the Mr. worshipped the devil or
dark forces in the house.
Over years of public use of the house, many occurrences happened and
women claimed to have been raped several times. Eventually, the house
was completely closed to the public and only paranormal psychologists
were allowed to study the house.
We snapped a photo into the window of the chapel. We could see in the
window that the room was empty except for a couple chairs. The picture
was developed and in the window (actually appearing to
have it's face pressed against the window) is the image of a large
animal like demon looking face. It has big orange eyes and a muzzle.
There is no way that was in the room because the face takes up a large
portion of the window. It is truly terrifying, but we have tried
unsuccessfully to find out from the tour company and other sources more
about the house and cannot find a thing. If someone knows of this house
or the story, I really want to find out more about where we got this
picture. I might even go back to the house, but maybe not. Please
e-mail me at Mccra-@hotmail.comif you know what I'm referring to.

***
From: Javys-@aol.com

It happen around the early 70's. My aunt was up stair listening to
music. Suddenly she notice a figure run into the bathroom. She slowly
walked to the door to see what was wrong but the door was locked. She
thought it was my Mom but my Mom was in the basement looking her
favorite sweater. To this day they both say it was a ghost.

___________

UPCOMING EVENTS
___________

For complete details of all events listed in this section please visit:
http://www.haunted-places.com/tours.htm

***
JANUARY 2003:

PSI CLASSES by Loyd Auerbach, M.S.
I am continuing my offering of Parapsychology Seminars
this month on Saturday, January 18th, from 9:30 to 5:30 in
Pleasant Hill. I plan on offering one seminar per month,
and more if there is interest.
As people who have attended my past sessions know, I offer
a decent discount after your first session if you bring
someone new to the next one you attend. I am also working
out a frequent-class-taker discount, so ask about it. And
of course, members of the California Society for Psychical
Study (CSPS) get discounts on all classes.
Please do let other folks know about the classes. This
month’s class is:

GHOST HUNTING 201: CASE STUDIES
[Note: You do NOT have to have taken the initial Ghost
Hunting 101 class to take this one. Please tell all your
friends who might like a day of ghost stories, bring a friend, get a
discount!]
This seminar will look at paranormal investigations from
the perspective of what actual cases can teach us about the
actual phenomena of apparitions, hauntings and
poltergeists, how the cases can shape the methodologies one
uses to investigate, and a variety of means for resolution
of the cases. We’ll take a look at how normal happenings get mistaken
for paranormal ones, and the role fraud might
play in deceiving the witnesses (and the investigators).
Throughout the day, we’ll review specific cases
handled by Loyd Auerbach, the Office of Paranormal
Investigations, and other parapsychologists over the years.
We’ll review cases such as:
· a couple haunted by amorous spirits
· an apparition of a living woman in an otherwise haunted
house
· a woman seemingly choked by a ghost (in front of
investigators)
· the case that convinced Loyd Auerbach that apparitions do
exist
· a poltergeist that douses the ceilings of a home with
water
· a case right out of the horror movies that turned out to
be an environmental nightmare
· the long-term haunting of the Banta Inn, Tracy, CA
· the long-term haunting of the Moss Beach Distillery, Moss
Beach, CA
· the long-term haunting of the USS Hornet Aircraft Carrier
Museum
· and much more.
Cases will be reviewed, and in some instances, attendees
will be able to watch video of the investigation and of the
witness testimony. We’ll also focus on a few cases where something was
caught on video, and what that means.
Think of this as a day of in-depth ghost stories, with the
twist that attendees will learn how the different fact patterns and
phenomena of each case plays into understanding what’s going on, how to
investigate and assess it, and how to deal with the phenomena to a
satisfactory resolution (satisfactory as far as the people living or
working in the situation are concerned).
The instructor is parapsychologist/paranormal investigator
and author Loyd Auerbach, M.S. Auerbach is President of the California
Society for Psychical Study, a Consulting Editor for FATE magazine, an
Adjunct Professor in Consciousness Studies at John F.
Kennedy University and President of the Psychic Entertainers
Association. He is the author of 4 books and 2 audiotapes, and has
appeared on dozens of national and local television programs as an
expert on ghosts and poltergeists. Visit his website at
"http://www.mindreader.com"

Space is strictly limited!

COST: $95 per person / $80 for Seniors and Students (with
current school ID)
CSPS Members $80 / CSPS Seniors/Students: $70
Attendees of past classes should contact Loyd for info on a
discount.

Space is strictly limited! Advance reservations are a
must!

Note: Lunch is not provided. There are a number of
restaurants in the immediate area.
Students of these seminars, along with the instructor,
usually adjourn to one of them as a group.

Pastries, coffee, tea and other soft drinks will be
provided in the morning and throughout the day.

For Information, contact Loyd Auerbach via email at
esp-@california.com or call him at (925) 518-4071.
(or call the Office of Paranormal Investigations at (415)
249-9275 and leave a message).

***
MARCH 2003:

Second Annual Paranormal Pennsylvania Conference
March 22, 2003 Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
All day event featuring lectures on Bigfoot, Ghosts, Psychic Phenomena,
UFO's and more.
author book signings and walking ghost tour of Gettysburg.
$75.00 per person must register before February 1, 2003
For more information contact Rick Fisher (717) 871-8610
rfis-@redrose.net or visit
"http://home.supernet.com/~rfisher/pghs.html"

***
APRIL 2003:

“Second Annual Ghost Hunters Conference”
Saturday, April 12, 2003
Governors Ballroom, Radison
Penn Harris in Camp Hill, Pa.
For more info contact Kelly Weaver at: Weav-@aol.com

___________

TOURS
___________

Gettysburg Civil War Era Theater is a "Live", One-Man-Show featuring a
Civil War Era Magic Show, an "Old Timer" who talks about life as a
civilian in Gettysburg at the time of the great battle and shares some
of the more popular GHOST STORIES which have been associated with the
town and concludes with a Theatrical Re-Creation of a Civil War Era
Seance.
The program has been skillfully choreographed by Magician, Actor &
Author Joe Kerrigan to be educational as well as entertaining.
Affordably priced for the entire family tickets are $17.95 for Adults-
$10.95 12 and under. Shows nightly at 7:00PM.
BEST INN
301 STEINWEHR AVE., GETTYSBURG, PA.
(717) 642-9215
Website: http://civilwartheater.com

***

Where: Downtown Orlando Florida
When: 8pm EVERY Saturday
Cost: $10
What: 90 minute lantern lead walking tours of historic downtown Orlando.
Orlando's ORIGINAL Ghost Tour departs from Guinevere's Coffeehouse (on
the corner of Pine and Magnolia).
Call 407-992-1200 for tickets and details.
Website: http://www.orlandohauntings.com
Email: Webma-@Orlandohauntings.com

***
Simply Spooky! (tm)
200 years in 2 hours!
Join us on this Ghostly Ghost Walk and Tour of the Historic Town of
Burlington, Ontario (Canada) where we explore 200 years of history in 2
hours.
Informative, Educational and Accurate Accounts of the history makers
from early 1700's to the present. Conducted by Patrick Cross-Canada's
top Ghost Researcher.
2003 Season is June 1st-November 10th, 2003
Cost: $10.00 for adults, $2.00 for children 10-16 years of age.
For Bookings, Contact: 416-201-4670
Email: sci-@globalserve.net
Website: http://www.globalserve.net/~scifi/latestnews.htm

___________

MEDIA LISTINGS
___________

   The media listing mainly cover the 8pm to 10pm time slots. Most
listed times are Eastern Standard Time. Please check your local listings
for the correct viewing times in your area.

***
INTERNET RADIO PROGRAMS:

***
The "Exploring Unexplained Phenomena" radio program is on KZUM 89.3 FM,
Lincoln, NE, and has been on-air every Saturday morning since 1984, 10 -
11:30 am Central Time. The station phone number during the program only:
402-474-5086. The host is Scott H. Colborn, email at:
"kcol-@inebraska.com" and website is:
"http://www.thewayhomestore.com" .

Jeff Rense: Listen at : http://www.sightings.com/
Mon. - Fri. at 7pm to 10 pm Pacific time
Sat. at 9pm to 3am Pacific time
Sun. at 8pm to 11pm Pacific time

***
http://www.pawebcast.cc/

Live every Wednesdays from 8 to 9pm EST.
Listen at:
http://www.pawebcast.com/visions/visions_from_the_other_side.htm

***
The Lou Gentile Show