Welcome Guest!
 Haunted Places
 Jan 28, 2003 16:41 PST
THE HAUNTED PLACES REPORT

Founded by: Dennis William Hauck
Edited by: Rev. Ronald E. Beach
Email: Edi-@haunted-places.com
Website: http://www.Haunted-Places.com

editor.

01/28/03

_____________

FROM THE EDITOR
_____________

Are you staring a new paranormal investigation group? Is your group
looking for new members? Does your group have an upcoming event? Has
your group done any interesting investigations? Has your group or
members of it appeared on any TV or radio programs? Do you have any
ghostly related news from your local area? If the answer to any of these
questions is “Yes”, please let us know so we can publish the information
in upcoming issues.

_____________

LETTERS TO THE EDITOR
_____________

We invite your letters to the editor. Tell us how you feel about things
in the newsletter or in the ghost hunting community. All letters must be
accompanied by an email address so other readers can respond to you.

***
From Mary Lou at: mlwre-@aol.com

I just wanted to add my two cents to the words of encouragement. I
receive you newsletter regularly, and enjoy reading it. Not only that,
but it is wonderful to see a creative effort such as your newsletter,
because it is obviously something that comes from your own passion and
interest in the paranormal. We could all do well to take a page out of
your book and follow your example by following our own passion. I say,
well done!
Thanks for the heads up on the Haunted Lighthouse book. I am so
intrigued by lighthouses. They seem so mysterious, and they all have
wonderful history. I am going to get my hands on the book and wanted to
thank you for bringing it to our attention.

Blessings on your continued endeavors.

***
From Kimberly at: Kimber-@aol.com
As I know others have already said, I'm truly sorry for your recent
personal troubles. I'm also sorry about that jerk's remarks. Some people
take themselves so seriously that no one else has to. I really enjoy
your newsletters and admire your ability to keep up with it. I would
never be self-disciplined enough to pull it off.

***
From Brandy at: sfcf-@scfn.thpl.lib.fl.us

Just as an FYI: I agree with others on the status of the newsletter. It
is hard to do something on this scale with a voluntary force. I know the
amount of time and dedication that you must be putting in; I think many
of we in the ghosting field are the same.
While consistency is important in a publication, real life happens and
priorities must be made. I'm just glad it's back on line and moving
foreword.

***
From L. Rapoza at: rily-@ix.netcom.com

Greetings from the Sprague Mansion,
Thank you for including the mansion on your webpage! Most of what you
say is true. One mistake is that Amasa Sprague was murdered Dec. 31,
1843 and not in 1864. It is an easy mistake to make because all the
Sprague's seemed to be named William or Amasa!
Thank you again.
Check us out at:
http://www.geocities.com/rilydia/ghost.html

_____________

ANNOUNCEMENTS
_____________

From Rick at: avt-@aol.com

We are big fans of the Haunted Places Report.
We have operate the Southeastern Paranormal Research Foundation in
Miami, FL and are looking for new members in our area. Its free and we
have 16 researchers on the roll now. We also have a website at
"spiritualsoulutions.com" with stories, pictures and writings.
Would love for your readers to check it out and respond to us. Just
click on the On-Line Response on the home page.

____________

FEATURE STORY
____________

The In-Betweeners
By Brandy Buchanan Stark

Paranormal investigation can be a tricky thing. Results often vary
from the positive signs of manifestation to the flat line readings of a
“null” hunt. However, not all investigations are quite so cut and dry.
Several fall into a middle category, showing signs of unusual energies
but none of the other hallmarks of ghostly intrusion.
Late in 2000, one of the first SPIRITS investigations brought the team
to the home of two sisters residing on the edge of downtown St.
Petersburg. They lived in an apartment constructed out of a renovated
old house, an eclectic mix of old style masonry merged with modern
construction. Walking to their area, the small team noticed the
cherubim statuary around the house had been decapitated; it was truly an
eerie sight.
Inside the apartment, the sisters proved to be good hostesses.
However, there was a tangible shift in the atmosphere, immediately
sensed by all three investigators. The place seemed heavy and dark,
despite the presence of a big bounding blonde dog and colorful Christmas
lights hung on the door.
EMF was recorded, but could easily be explained as a large circuitry
box was stationed outside. Temperature fluctuations were at a minimal.
Photographs showed only trace amounts of haunting activity, mostly auras
and possible odd shadows. EVP attempts caught the ticking of the clock,
and no other sounds.
Yet, during the interview, the women described symptoms classically
associated with ghosts: a shadowy presence, abnormal and antisocial
behavior by the otherwise friendly dog, and strange noises that couldn’t
be explained. During the interview, one teammate even sensed the
presence of energy in an area where, revealed later that night, the
ladies explained they captured odd images in photographs.
For the SPIRITS, nothing manifested on the first or second visit, but
the sensations associated with the place were too hard to dismiss.
Several believed it was the tension felt by the sisters, both young, as
they struggled day to day with jobs, school, and relationship. It fell
into the “maybe” category. Before any further research was done, the
sisters moved their separate ways out of the apartment.
In the spring of 2002, a larger SPIRITS team set in for a new
investigation. Three apartments in a single building on Horatio Street
reported strange happenings. The first attempt was scrapped as one
distraught SPIRITS member’s car alternator died on the way to Tampa.
The individuals who did arrive that night decided to reschedule the
investigation for later. Nothing was discussed of the potential
activities, though a couple of people correctly sensed areas of reported
haunting activities.
The return visit allowed everyone access to all three apartments. One
hosted the spirit of the woman’s deceased grandmother, who had formerly
acted as the building manager. At night, she would wake to the sounds
of shuffling feet or the grandmother’s call for help when, in life, she
fell in the kitchen, breaking a hip.   Another had utensils disappear
and reappear, cold breezes, and smelled perfume. From time to time an
abnormally dark area that manifested late at night. The third had the
simple sensation of a presence sitting down on her bed as she rested.
The building, itself, consisted of tenants who had lived there for a
number of years, but this record mingled with a high number of tenant
deaths. A couple died in traffic fatalities, one died from choking.
Those who remained knew each other well; few moved out, and those who
did eventually returned.
Again, unusual amounts of EMF were picked up through the building, but
EVP sessions were negative. Temperatures did not fluctuate, and only
one orb image appeared. Some who considered themselves normally
sensitive felt very little during the investigation, other than an
occasional sense of an entity that quickly faded again. What could be
said for the investigation and what about the sensations from the first
visit? Until the SPIRITS do a secondary visit, this falls into an
intermediate category.
It is always interesting to investigate beings that fall “somewhere in
the middle” of life and death. Yet, inquiries become more complicated
when entities act in ways that elude understanding. However, this does
pique curiosity and keeps paranormal explorers intrigued. It also
allows for continued definition of the afterlife, the possibility of its
existence, and brings life to the age-old question “What really happens
to us when we die?” One day, it’s an answer we’ll all come to know.
(734)

For more information, please check:
http://centralflghosts.homestead.com/7thaven.html
and http://centralflghosts.homestead.com/7thaven.html

____________

SEEKING INFORMATION
___________

email the senders.

***
From William at: aesga-@hotmail.com

I've got an uncle in Germany and I'd like to get him to get a picture
of a few haunted sites there that interest me. Can anyone pin-point the
location of Schloss Altebar from Mr. Hauck's book on International
Haunted Sites?

***
From Marla at: crabtr-@yahoo.com

Looking for hauntings to investigate or people interested in
investigations in the Northern Ky/Cincinnati Oh area. Please contact
mysticalm-@yahoo.com Thanks & Happy Hauntings

***
From Kevin at: kevin-@netscape.net

I am very interested in haunted places in and around southern IN. If
anyone has knowledge of hauntings or a good story to tell, please let me
and my small group know about it. Your timeto write me is greatly
appreciated!

***
We're 2 women from New York City who are looking for a paranormal group
to work with. If you are interested or know anyone who is, please
contact Eileen or Nadja at: scully-@nyc.rr.com

___________

TRUE STORIES
___________

From Michelle at: MICHELLE-@tdprs.state.tx.us

I live in Austin Texas and lots of strange things happen. Like here
when I live in some apartments called Booker T Washington
Apartments I had my own room and I live there with my brother's and
mother and one night I was asleep and I always face towards the window
because I had a strange feeling about the house and I didn't like to
face the closet because I always saw shadows coming in and out and I
always heard foot steps down the hallway I thought it was just me but
one day I found my brother in my bed and I ask him whets wrong and he
says someone was in his room .so I told him what vie been seeing and we
told my mom and come to find out that the whole apparent complex was
build over a grave yard the.
and so that would explain the whole time of why we were seeing and
feeling things so I got a lot more if you want them ..,

___________

UPCOMING EVENTS
___________

For complete details of all events listed in this section please visit:
http://www.haunted-places.com/tours.htm

***
JANUARY 2003:

PSI CLASSES by Loyd Auerbach, M.S.
I am continuing my offering of Parapsychology Seminars
this month on Saturday, January 18th, from 9:30 to 5:30 in
Pleasant Hill. I plan on offering one seminar per month,
and more if there is interest.
As people who have attended my past sessions know, I offer
a decent discount after your first session if you bring
someone new to the next one you attend. I am also working
out a frequent-class-taker discount, so ask about it. And
of course, members of the California Society for Psychical
Study (CSPS) get discounts on all classes.
Please do let other folks know about the classes. This
month’s class is:

GHOST HUNTING 201: CASE STUDIES
[Note: You do NOT have to have taken the initial Ghost
Hunting 101 class to take this one. Please tell all your
friends who might like a day of ghost stories, bring a friend, get a
discount!]
This seminar will look at paranormal investigations from
the perspective of what actual cases can teach us about the
actual phenomena of apparitions, hauntings and
poltergeists, how the cases can shape the methodologies one
uses to investigate, and a variety of means for resolution
of the cases. We’ll take a look at how normal happenings get mistaken
for paranormal ones, and the role fraud might
play in deceiving the witnesses (and the investigators).
Throughout the day, we’ll review specific cases
handled by Loyd Auerbach, the Office of Paranormal
Investigations, and other parapsychologists over the years.
We’ll review cases such as:
· a couple haunted by amorous spirits
· an apparition of a living woman in an otherwise haunted
house
· a woman seemingly choked by a ghost (in front of
investigators)
· the case that convinced Loyd Auerbach that apparitions do
exist
· a poltergeist that douses the ceilings of a home with
water
· a case right out of the horror movies that turned out to
be an environmental nightmare
· the long-term haunting of the Banta Inn, Tracy, CA
· the long-term haunting of the Moss Beach Distillery, Moss
Beach, CA
· the long-term haunting of the USS Hornet Aircraft Carrier
Museum
· and much more.
Cases will be reviewed, and in some instances, attendees
will be able to watch video of the investigation and of the
witness testimony. We’ll also focus on a few cases where something was
caught on video, and what that means.
Think of this as a day of in-depth ghost stories, with the
twist that attendees will learn how the different fact patterns and
phenomena of each case plays into understanding what’s going on, how to
investigate and assess it, and how to deal with the phenomena to a
satisfactory resolution (satisfactory as far as the people living or
working in the situation are concerned).
The instructor is parapsychologist/paranormal investigator
and author Loyd Auerbach, M.S. Auerbach is President of the California
Society for Psychical Study, a Consulting Editor for FATE magazine, an
Adjunct Professor in Consciousness Studies at John F.
Kennedy University and President of the Psychic Entertainers
Association. He is the author of 4 books and 2 audiotapes, and has
appeared on dozens of national and local television programs as an
expert on ghosts and poltergeists. Visit his website at
"http://www.mindreader.com"

Space is strictly limited!

COST: $95 per person / $80 for Seniors and Students (with
current school ID)
CSPS Members $80 / CSPS Seniors/Students: $70
Attendees of past classes should contact Loyd for info on a
discount.

Space is strictly limited! Advance reservations are a
must!

Note: Lunch is not provided. There are a number of
restaurants in the immediate area.
Students of these seminars, along with the instructor,
usually adjourn to one of them as a group.

Pastries, coffee, tea and other soft drinks will be
provided in the morning and throughout the day.

For Information, contact Loyd Auerbach via email at
esp-@california.com or call him at (925) 518-4071.
(or call the Office of Paranormal Investigations at (415)
249-9275 and leave a message).

***

MARCH 2003:

Second Annual Paranormal Pennsylvania Conference
March 22, 2003 Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
All day event featuring lectures on Bigfoot, Ghosts, Psychic Phenomena,
UFO's and more.
author book signings and walking ghost tour of Gettysburg.
$75.00 per person must register before February 1, 2003
For more information contact Rick Fisher (717) 871-8610
rfis-@redrose.net or visit
"http://home.supernet.com/~rfisher/pghs.html"

***
West Virginia State Penitentiary Ghost Hunt
Moundsville, West Virginia
March 28th
For more info contact John or Lisa at: jo-@majda.net or visit their
website at: http://www.majda.net/

***

APRIL 2003:

Second Annual Ghost Hunters Conference
Saturday, April 12, 2003
Governors Ballroom, Radison
Penn Harris in Camp Hill, Pa.
For more info contact Kelly Weaver at: Weav-@aol.com

***
West Virginia State Penitentiary Ghost Hunt
Moundsville, West Virginia
April 18th
For more info contact John or Lisa at: jo-@majda.net or visit their
website at: "http://www.majda.net/"

***
MAY 2003

West Virginia State Penitentiary Ghost Hunt
Moundsville, West Virginia
May 16th
For more info contact John or Lisa at: jo-@majda.net or visit their
website at: "http://www.majda.net/"

***
JUNE 2003

West Virginia State Penitentiary Ghost Hunt
Moundsville, West Virginia
June 14th
For more info contact John or Lisa at: jo-@majda.net or visit their
website at: "http://www.majda.net/"

***
Member’s Only Ghost Hunt / Campout
West Virginia State Penitentiary Moundsville, West Virginia
June 28th
For more info contact John or Lisa at: jo-@majda.net or visit their
website at: "http://www.majda.net/"

***
JULY 2003

West Virginia State Penitentiary Ghost Hunt
Moundsville, West Virginia
July 12th
For more info contact John or Lisa at: jo-@majda.net or visit their
website at: "http://www.majda.net/"

***
AUGUST 2003

West Virginia State Penitentiary Ghost Hunt
Moundsville, West Virginia
Aug 8th
Aug 22nd
For more info contact John or Lisa at: jo-@majda.net or visit their
website at: "http://www.majda.net/"

***
SEPTEMBER 2003

West Virginia State Penitentiary Ghost Hunt
Moundsville, West Virginia
Sept 12th
For more info contact John or Lisa at: jo-@majda.net or visit their
website at: "http://www.majda.net/"

___________

TOURS
___________

Gettysburg Civil War Era Theater is a "Live", One-Man-Show featuring a
Civil War Era Magic Show, an "Old Timer" who talks about life as a
civilian in Gettysburg at the time of the great battle and shares some
of the more popular GHOST STORIES which have been associated with the
town and concludes with a Theatrical Re-Creation of a Civil War Era
Seance.
The program has been skillfully choreographed by Magician, Actor &
Author Joe Kerrigan to be educational as well as entertaining.
Affordably priced for the entire family tickets are $17.95 for Adults-
$10.95 12 and under. Shows nightly at 7:00PM.
BEST INN
301 STEINWEHR AVE., GETTYSBURG, PA.
(717) 642-9215
Website: http://civilwartheater.com

***

Where: Downtown Orlando Florida
When: 8pm EVERY Saturday
Cost: $10
What: 90 minute lantern lead walking tours of historic downtown Orlando.
Orlando's ORIGINAL Ghost Tour departs from Guinevere's Coffeehouse (on
the corner of Pine and Magnolia).
Call 407-992-1200 for tickets and details.
Website: http://www.orlandohauntings.com
Email: Webma-@Orlandohauntings.com

***
Simply Spooky! (tm)
200 years in 2 hours!
Join us on this Ghostly Ghost Walk and Tour of the Historic Town of
Burlington, Ontario (Canada) where we explore 200 years of history in 2
hours.
Informative, Educational and Accurate Accounts of the history makers
from early 1700's to the present. Conducted by Patrick Cross-Canada's
top Ghost Researcher.
2003 Season is June 1st-November 10th, 2003
Cost: $10.00 for adults, $2.00 for children 10-16 years of age.
For Bookings, Contact: 416-201-4670
Email: sci-@globalserve.net
Website: http://www.globalserve.net/~scifi/latestnews.htm

___________

MEDIA LISTINGS
___________

   The media listing mainly cover the 8pm to 10pm time slots. Most
listed times are Eastern Standard Time. Please check your local listings
for the correct viewing times in your area.

***
INTERNET RADIO PROGRAMS:

***
The "Exploring Unexplained Phenomena" radio program is on KZUM 89.3 FM,
Lincoln, NE, and has been on-air every Saturday morning since 1984, 10 -
11:30 am Central Time. The station phone number during the program only:
402-474-5086. The host is Scott H. Colborn, email at:
"kcol-@inebraska.com" and website is:
"http://www.thewayhomestore.com" .

Jeff Rense: Listen at : http://www.sightings.com/
Mon. - Fri. at 7pm to 10 pm Pacific time
Sat. at 9pm to 3am Pacific time
Sun. at 8pm to 11pm Pacific time

***
http://www.pawebcast.cc/

Live every Wednesdays from 8 to 9pm EST.
Listen at:
http://www.pawebcast.com/visions/visions_from_the_other_side.htm

***
The Lou Gentile Show