Welcome Guest!
 Haunted Places
Haunted Places Report Resend  Rev. Ron Beach
 Feb 24, 2003 07:02 PST
Once again this week there seems to be trouble with Topica. I believe
they are in the process of upgrading thier system. Many subscribers
(myself included) did not receive a copy of the newsletter. I'm sending
it out again in hopes that everything is now up and running at Topica.

THE HAUNTED PLACES REPORT

Founded by: Dennis William Hauck
Edited by: Rev. Ronald E. Beach
Email: Edi-@haunted-places.com
Website: http://www.Haunted-Places.com

editor.

02/23/03

_____________

FROM THE EDITOR
_____________

Are you staring a new paranormal investigation group? Is your group
looking for new members? Does your group have an upcoming event? Has
your group done any interesting investigations? Has your group or
members of it appeared on any TV or radio programs? Do you have any
ghostly related news from your local area? If the answer to any of these
questions is “Yes”, please let us know so we can publish the information
in upcoming issues.

_____________

LETTERS TO THE EDITOR
_____________

We invite your letters to the editor. Tell us how you feel about things
in the newsletter or in the ghost hunting community. All letters must be
accompanied by an email address so other readers can respond to you.

***
From Joyce at: jmar-@parallax.ws

I love your newsletter! I know its hard work and time consuming to put
one out. You're doing a great job! Can't wait for the next issue!

_________________

ANNOUNCEMENTS
_________________

From Brandy at: sfcf-@scfn.thpl.lib.fl.us

Whew, it's been a busy month! The SPIRITS have added three new
investigations to the site, including a new ghost walking tour in New
Port Richie. We've received several requests to do investigations
throughout the months of March and April, so new pages will go up very
quickly.
http://centralflghosts.homestead.com/Newportrichieghostwalk.html

This month's featured page is "Cranberry Lane." This was an
investigation we had to do twice, with different results per
investigation. Also check out our "Stillview Circle" page. A secondary
update will include some video camera coverage, where a potential orb
was spied moving across one area of the screen. We're still extracting
that information and hope to have it on line soon.
http://centralflghosts.homestead.com/cranberry.html

If anyone knows how to upload sound files (.wav) onto Homestead, your
assistance would be appreciated. Or, perhaps we can catalog them with
our video files. This way, you'll be able to experience our
investigations in a whole new way.
http://centralflghosts.homestead.com/stillview.html

No poll this month, though last month's had a whopping response. The
SPIRITS are always looking for new images to put up for a poll. This
allows you, the reader, a more interactive forum. If you have an image
you'd like posted, please let me know.
We've streamlined our "client's letter" page to include more info on
potential signs of manifestation, and the team has augmented our
research procedures to include some streamlining, and multiple site walk
through.
http://centralflghosts.homestead.com/whattoexpect.html

***
From Cathy at: ladyspir-@yahoo.com

I’m putting together another team in the Tampa Bay
(Florida) area. Please contact me at:

TAMPA BAY AREA PARANORMAL RESEARCH SOCIETY
P.O. Box 8692
Clearwater, Florida 33758-8672

Websites:
http://pub98.ezboard.com/bbayareaparanormalresearchanddiscoverysociety
and:
http://pub24.ezboard.com/bparanormalresearch32456
and:
http://groups.msn.com/TheShadowWalkerParanormalGroup

***
Pennsylvania author and paranormal investigator, Patty Wilson, is
attempting to put together a directory of reputable investigators in PA
for a new book. If you want to be listed there, please contact Ms.
Wilson at pineycre-@yahoo.com for more information about this
unique project.

***
From Erin at: Crowle-@aol.com

Just thought you should check out the Jameson Hotel in Wallace, Idaho.
I lived in Wallace and experienced a lot of supernatural things at my
apt on cedar St. The whole town is filled with ghosts. But the most
vividly haunted is the Jameson Hotel. The third floor in particular has
been the most active. There are a couple maids who refuse to even
service that floor. You have probably investigated this already since it
is public knowledge, I just thought you should know it is an extremely
haunted place.

____________

FEATURE STORY
____________

Ninth Street North (St. Petersburg) Ghost Hunt
By Brandy Buchanan
Email: sfcf-@scfn.thpl.lib.fl.us

Ghost hunting is many things, but it is neither boring nor
predictable.
The SPIRITS most certainly recognize this, yet even we were unprepared
for the events that unfolded during a routine investigation.
The inspection took place in a private residence located off Ninth
Street North in St. Petersburg. The home belongs to an older woman ("M")
and her daughter ("S"), who share the two bedroom, 1 bath dwelling with
two cats and a dog. The house itself was built in 1952 and was a rental
property for many years before the mother bought it in 1998.
Of the two, "S" believes in ghosts, and "M" a skeptic. The younger
woman, who moved in with her mother in late 2001, had strange feelings
about the house from prior experiences.
"Before I moved in, Mom asked me to pick up her mail and newspapers
while she was away on a trip. I was about to go over one afternoon when
the words "he doesn't want you there" popped into my mind," "S"
explains. "I had no idea who "he" was, but I didn't want to go that
day!" The following afternoon, "S" went to the home. Still feeling
watched and unwanted, she grabbed the mail and left as quickly as
possible.
When she moved in, the situation became stranger. On several different
occasions, "S" found her cats acting as if there was someone else in the
room. Sometimes, from the corner of her eye she caught movement, while
at other times, she sensed a presence standing in different parts of the
building.
Finally, one evening she saw a shadow standing in the doorway to the
computer room. When she turned on the lights, it vanished. Still,
enough was enough. She called for an investigation.
The night the SPIRITS arrived, two guests accompanied the team.
"S"granted permission for the extra personnel, who were interested in
the ghost hunting procedures. In all, 6 people were present, including 1
homeowner, the SPIRITS team and the guests.
The hunt proved, at first, to be disappointing. One room captured the
attention of the guests and the investigation focused on the area for
some time. However, no readings were present, and there were no
anomalies captured on film. The rest of the house proved to have similar
results. Shortly after the two guest investigators left, and the SPIRITS
packed their equipment away, the ghost made itself known.
Several teammates stood outside talking, while "S" and Karen West, of
the SPIRITS, went back inside for a moment. Upon entering, the women
found "S's" normally quiet dog madly howling as an intense energy
engulfed the room. "The hairs on my arm just stood straight up," Karen
said."S" felt herself being insistently pushed forward by an unseen
hand. She grabbed onto her computer desk for support as Karen alerted
the others that something was going on.
Without much warning, the teammates grabbed for the equipment at hand.
Both Brandy and Karen pulled out digital cameras, while Lee went to
offer "S" support through the ordeal.
Now even the equipment defied the rules. Brandy noticed towards the end
of the initial hunt that her camera was dangerously low on batteries.
"It took a full five seconds of depressing the button for the camera to
respond and take a picture, which I remember demonstrating to the
others. “When I reached for it again, the camera had been off for about
10 minutes, and I hoped that I'd have enough juice left to at least snap
one or two pictures." The camera took 12 snapshots with flash, the
button depressing easily and the camera readily available. Of those,
three returned with orb images, one where the orb is clearly
distinguishable against "S"'s dark blue shirt.
Karen also had luck. Heading to the other side of the room, and
carefully timing her shots against Brandy's, she found a startling pink
image on one of her pictures. Karen wore no pink, nor did anyone else
present. Subsequent investigation located no pink in the room, on
furniture or otherwise. Karen's nails were unpainted, and too short to
interfere with the camera. The pink anomaly, which drapes over "S"'s
legs and lower body like a skirt, remains a mystery.
Could this entity have been upset that the initial results yielded no
clue that he was there? Or was he simply waiting for a time when the
team would be less distracted by the guests and their equipment to make
himself known?
The identity of the being is truly lost. Police records record no
deaths on the premises, and with a multitude of renters coming and
going, it becomes nearly impossible to determine who, exactly, is within
the home.
Regardless, since this night of acknowledgment, things have settled
within the household. The activity has died down, as have the ominous
feelings. Perhaps this entity was frustrated living in a world unseen
and unrecognized. It appears that even the dead want their share of time
in the spotlight.

____________

SEEKING INFORMATION
___________

email the senders.

___________

TRUE STORIES
___________

From: April at: april.-@opaskwayak.mb.ca

A few years ago, I was moving into this small 2 bedroom house. My
boyfriend told me to be careful because no one ever stayed (rented) the
place very long. I paid no mind and moved in with my 3 year old daughter
and 5 month daughter.
It didn't take very long for weird stuff to happen. When I would put my
infant daughter down for naps, I would return to check on her and find
things like ropes, pillows around her neck or on her face. This would
really upset me so I started taking naps with her. We would wake up to
find the radio and TV. turned on and all the cupboards open.
Not only these things but my family and friends did not like to visit
me at my home because they always had an uneasy feeling of being
watched. There would be a cool draft that would drift over the house.
Corners would darken, it was scary. I finally moved out when my
daughter’s toys flew across the room by themselves. I got the hell out
of there. I returned a few days later to pack up and clean the house for
the next renters. My friend Christy came to help me. As we were washing
out the shower stall, she and I both saw faces appear from the wall.
That was it, we left and I never went back.
Later the landlord asked me why I moved, I reluctantly told him his
house was haunted (I didn't want to sound crazy). He just smiled and
told me I was crazy.
About a year or two ago, I found out that around 14 years ago, a house
had burned down killing a family of three. A mother, father and 3 year
old son. I still have no idea why they wanted to pick on my infant
daughter. Maybe they were jealous of her life?

***
From: Mandy at: annie-@hotmail.com

My friend and I are really interested in paranormal activities. So
obviously we're always trying something new. Well there are orchards by
her house and we would always go out there walking around seeing what we
could find.
It was getting really dark one afternoon when we decided to go on one
of our "walks." We always felt that the atmosphere was iffy, like
someone was watching us as we were walking around. We never actually saw
anything, just felt eerie. Well, at the time we weren't expecting to see
anything, but we did.
We were walking out of the orchards when we looked around and saw a
tall dark figure gliding to our right. We started to run and then
stopped and turned around and it was gone. This all happened in a matter
of seconds and there were trees on all sides with for this "thing" to
go. Because weird things happen on both sides of our families, we knew
it wasn't just our imagination.
This is one of the many things that happens to both of us even when we
are not together. Obviously this is hard to believe if you've never
experienced something like this first hand, so it's up to you to believe
it, but we know what we saw. If you'd like to ask us a question or
comment on this, please write to claudi-@worldnet.att.net

___________

UPCOMING EVENTS
___________

For complete details of all events listed in this section please visit:
http://www.haunted-places.com/tours.htm

***
FEBRUARY 2003:

St. Louis Community College (Florissant Valley) "GraveyardGhosts"
February 24
Hosted by Troy Taylor
6:00 pm
For more info, send email to: ttay-@prairieghosts.com

***
MARCH 2003:

William Woods University - Fulton, Missouri - "Confessions of a
Ghost Hunter" by Troy Taylor
March 4 at 7:00 pm
For more info, send email to: ttay-@prairieghosts.com

***
Candlelight Walking Tour
March 22
History & Hauntings Tour of spirited sites in old downtown Alton and
lasts approximately 2 1/2 - 3 hours. $15 per person.
More info at: "http://www.prairieghosts.com/tours.html"

***
Second Annual Paranormal Pennsylvania Conference
March 22, 2003 Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
All day event featuring lectures on Bigfoot, Ghosts, Psychic Phenomena,
UFO's and more.
Author book signings and walking ghost tour of Gettysburg.
$75.00 per person must register before February 1, 2003
For more information contact Rick Fisher (717) 871-8610
rfis-@redrose.net or visit
"http://home.supernet.com/~rfisher/pghs.html"

***
West Virginia State Penitentiary Ghost Hunt
Moundsville, West Virginia
March 28th
For more info contact John or Lisa at: jo-@majda.net or visit their
website at: http://www.majda.net/

***
Dayton Ghost Hunter’s Society Paranormal Conference
March 29
Hosted by the Dayton Ghost Hunter’s Society and featuring authors and
speakers on ghosts and hauntings, including American Ghost Society
founder Troy Taylor. Event held from 9-5 pm at the Charity Grange,
located at the corner of Grange Hall Road and Dayton-Xenia Road in
Dayton,Ohio.
Contact Howard Collins at "hccs-@aol.com" for more details and
reservations!

***
APRIL 2003:

Candlelight Walking Tour - History & Hauntings
April 4
Tour of spirited sites in old downtown Alton and lasts approximately 2
1/2 - 3 hours. $15 per person.
More info at: "http://www.prairieghosts.com/tours.html"

***
Second Annual Ghost Hunters Conference
Saturday, April 12, 2003
Governors Ballroom, Radison
Penn Harris in Camp Hill, Pa.
For more info contact Kelly Weaver at: Weav-@aol.com

***
Spirits of the Civil War
April 15
7 pm
Prairie Commons Library, St. Louis, Missouri
With Troy Taylor, including haunted battlefields, prisons and haunts of
Abraham Lincoln.
For more info, send email to: ttay-@prairieghosts.com

***
Special Ghost Hunter's Tour
April 26
A special edition of the History & Hauntings Tour that
includes not only the ghost tour, but also a one-hour presentation by
authorTroy Taylor about the secrets of ghost hunting. The evening lasts
approximately 4 hours - $40 per person.
More info at: "http://www.prairieghosts.com/tours.html"

***
West Virginia State Penitentiary Ghost Hunt
Moundsville, West Virginia
April 18th
For more info contact John or Lisa at: jo-@majda.net or visit their
website at: "http://www.majda.net/"

***
MAY 2003

Ghost TrackerTs Conference
May 2
San Francisco, California
Reps and Speakers from the American Ghost Society include Gloria Young
and Janice Oberding(Haunted
Nevada). Event will be held at the haunted Queen Anne Hotel and will
include walking tours of the city and a special late night tour of
Haunted Alcatraz! Reservations are a must andmore information is
available from Gloria at "ghosttr-@yahoo.com"

***
Special Ghost Hunter's Tour
May 10
A special edition of the History & Hauntings Tour that includes not only
the ghost tour, but also a one-hour presentation by author Troy Taylor
about the secrets of ghost hunting. The evening lasts approximately 4
hours - $40 per person.
More info at: "http://www.prairieghosts.com/tours.html"

***
West Virginia State Penitentiary Ghost Hunt
Moundsville, West Virginia
May 16th
For more info contact John or Lisa at: jo-@majda.net or visit their
website at: "http://www.majda.net/"
***
Second Annual Paranormal Places Seminar
"HEARTLAND HAUNTINGS"
Hosted by the Southern Wisconsin Paranormal Research Group
Sunday, May 18, 2003
Best Western Conference Center
Janesville, WI
12:00 - 5:00 p.m.
$25.00 per person (advanced ticket purchase)
This year's theme is centered around the Heartland of America and we
are very pleased to welcome some very exciting heartland speakers such
as Authors, Troy Taylor and Dave Goodwin.
Tours, workshops and other weekend events will be offered as well as
great presentations on Haunted Highways, Haunted Military Bases and a
slide show presentation on some of the most haunted locations in Rock
County, WI.
For more information or to purchase tickets online, please visit our
website at: "http://www.ParanormalResearchGroup.com"

***
Candlelight Walking Tour
May 23
History & Hauntings Tour of spirited sites in old downtown
Alton and lasts approximately 2 1/2 - 3 hours. $15 per person.
More info at: "http://www.prairieghosts.com/tours.html"

***
Candlelight Walking Tour
May 24
History & Hauntings Tour of spirited sites in old downtown Alton and
lasts approximately 2 1/2 - 3 hours. $15 per person.
More info at: "http://www.prairieghosts.com/tours.html"

***
JUNE 2003

Special Ghost Hunter's Tour
June 7
A special edition of the History & Hauntings Tour that includes not only
the ghost tour, but also a one-hour presentation by author Troy Taylor
about the secrets of ghost hunting. The evening lasts approximately 4
hours - $40 per person.
More info at:"http://www.prairieghosts.com/tours.html"

***
Spirits of theCivil War
June 10
7 pm
Tesson Ferry Library - St. Louis, Missouri
With Troy Taylor, including haunted battlefields, prisons and haunts of
Abraham Lincoln.
For more info, send email to: ttay-@prairieghosts.com

***
Candlelight Walking Tour
June 13
History & Hauntings Tour of spiritedsites in old downtown Alton and
lasts approximately 2 1/2 - 3 hours. $15 per person.
More info at: "http://www.prairieghosts.com/tours.html"

***
West Virginia State Penitentiary Ghost Hunt
Moundsville, West Virginia
June 14th
For more info contact John or Lisa at: jo-@majda.net or visit their
website at: "http://www.majda.net/"

***
Seventh Annual Haunted America Conference
June 19-22
Hosted by Troy Taylor and the American Ghost Society. Special Tours,
Events and Speakers including Loyd Auerbach, David
Hatchers Childress, Dale Kaczmarek, Rene Kruse, Troy Taylor, John Brill
and more! Details are now available on the website at
"http://www.prairieghosts.com/conference.html"

***
Member’s Only Ghost Hunt / Campout
West Virginia State Penitentiary Moundsville, West Virginia
June 28th
For more info contact John or Lisa at: jo-@majda.net or visit their
website at: "http://www.majda.net/"

***
JULY 2003

West Virginia State Penitentiary Ghost Hunt
Moundsville, West Virginia
July 12th
For more info contact John or Lisa at: jo-@majda.net or visit their
website at: "http://www.majda.net/"

***
AUGUST 2003

West Virginia State Penitentiary Ghost Hunt
Moundsville, West Virginia
Aug 8th
Aug 22nd
For more info contact John or Lisa at: jo-@majda.net or visit their
website at: "http://www.majda.net/"

***
SEPTEMBER 2003

West Virginia State Penitentiary Ghost Hunt
Moundsville, West Virginia
Sept 12th
For more info contact John or Lisa at: jo-@majda.net or visit their
website at: http://www.majda.net/

___________

TOURS & SHOWS
___________

Gettysburg Civil War Era Theater is a "Live", One-Man-Show featuring a
Civil War Era Magic Show, an "Old Timer" who talks about life as a
civilian in Gettysburg at the time of the great battle and shares some
of the more popular GHOST STORIES which have been associated with the
town and concludes with a Theatrical Re-Creation of a Civil War Era
Seance.
The program has been skillfully choreographed by Magician, Actor &
Author Joe Kerrigan to be educational as well as entertaining.
Affordably priced for the entire family tickets are $17.95 for Adults-
$10.95 12 and under. Shows nightly at 7:00PM.
BEST INN
301 STEINWEHR AVE., GETTYSBURG, PA.
(717) 642-9215
Website: http://civilwartheater.com

***

Where: Downtown Orlando Florida
When: 8pm EVERY Saturday
Cost: $10
What: 90 minute lantern lead walking tours of historic downtown Orlando.
Orlando's ORIGINAL Ghost Tour departs from Guinevere's Coffeehouse (on
the corner of Pine and Magnolia).
Call 407-992-1200 for tickets and details.
Website: http://www.orlandohauntings.com
Email: Webma-@Orlandohauntings.com

***
Simply Spooky! (tm)
200 years in 2 hours!
Join us on this Ghostly Ghost Walk and Tour of the Historic Town of
Burlington, Ontario (Canada) where we explore 200 years of history in 2
hours.
Informative, Educational and Accurate Accounts of the history makers
from early 1700's to the present. Conducted by Patrick Cross-Canada's
top Ghost Researcher.
2003 Season is June 1st-November 10th, 2003
Cost: $10.00 for adults, $2.00 for children 10-16 years of age.
For Bookings, Contact: 416-201-4670
Email: sci-@globalserve.net
Website: http://www.globalserve.net/~scifi/latestnews.htm

***
Haunts of the World's Most Famous Beach
Where: Daytona Beach Florida
When: 7:30pm EVERY Thursday-Sunday
Cost: $8.00
What: We offer three different 90 minute lantern lead walking tours of
historic downtown Daytona Beach and Deland.

The Original Ghost Walk departs from the northwest corner of Main St &
Peninsula Dr. (Friday & Saturday)

The Riverfront Park Walk departs from the northeast corner of Orange
Ave. & Beach St. (Thursday & Sunday)

The Deland Ghost Walk departs from the corner of Woodland Blvd. &
Indiana Ave. (Friday &Saturday)

Proceeds from these tours help benefit our research and our two
cemetery preservation & restoration projects. This is the first ghost
tour in Florida that is owned and operated by a certified ghost hunter
and active certified paranormal researcher.

Call (386) 253-6034 for reservations and/or more information.
Website: http://www.hauntsofdaytona.com
Email: hauntsof-@aol.com

___________

MEDIA LISTINGS
___________

   The media listing mainly cover the 8pm to 10pm time slots. Most
listed times are Eastern Standard Time. Please check your local listings
for the correct viewing times in your area.

***
INTERNET RADIO PROGRAMS:

***
The "Exploring Unexplained Phenomena" radio program is on KZUM 89.3 FM,
Lincoln, NE, and has been on-air every Saturday morning since 1984, 10 -
11:30 am Central Time. The station phone number during the program only:
402-474-5086. The host is Scott H. Colborn, email at:
"kcol-@inebraska.com" and website is:
"http://www.thewayhomestore.com" .

Jeff Rense: Listen at : http://www.sightings.com/
Mon. - Fri. at 7pm to 10 pm Pacific time
Sat. at 9pm to 3am Pacific time
Sun. at 8pm to 11pm Pacific time

***
http://www.pawebcast.cc/

Live every Wednesdays from 8 to 9pm EST.
Listen at:
http://www.pawebcast.com/visions/visions_from_the_other_side.htm

***
The Lou Gentile Show