Welcome Guest!
 Haunted Places
 Mar 03, 2003 08:41 PST
THE HAUNTED PLACES REPORT

Founded by: Dennis William Hauck
Edited by: Rev. Ronald E. Beach
Email: Edi-@haunted-places.com
Website: http://www.Haunted-Places.com

editor.

03/04/03

_____________

FROM THE EDITOR
_____________

Are you staring a new paranormal investigation group? Is your group
looking for new members? Does your group have an upcoming event? Has
your group done any interesting investigations? Has your group or
members of it appeared on any TV or radio programs? Do you have any
ghostly related news from your local area? If the answer to any of these
questions is “Yes”, please let us know so we can publish the information
in upcoming issues.

***
Over the last week or so then was a problem with email being forwarded
from our mail server therefore a lot of email was lost. If you sent an
announcement, comment, etc.. and do not see it in this issue that means
it was lost. Please feel free to resend it and we’ll post it in the next
issue.

***
I’ll soon be updating our website: Haunted-Places.com . If you like your
group listed on our site please email a brief description of your group
along with the URL for your website.

***
Does your group have an upcoming event or meeting? Want to get the word
out that your looking for new members? Trying to find a group in your
area? Let’s know, we’ll post it in future issues.

_____________

LETTERS TO THE EDITOR
_____________

We invite your letters to the editor. Tell us how you feel about things
in the newsletter or in the ghost hunting community. All letters must be
accompanied by an email address so other readers can respond to you.

_________________

ANNOUNCEMENTS
_________________

"Alchemy of the Paranormal" is the title of a lecture by
author/researcher Dennis William Hauck to be given at Truckee Meadows
Community College in Reno, Nevada, on Saturday, October 25, 2003.
In this slide presentation, best selling author Dennis William Hauck
relates his best cases from over 20 years of paranormal research. He
will focus on the personal aspects of otherworldly encounters and how
they affect the lives and belief systems of witnesses.
The campus is at 7000 Dandini Blvd., Reno, NV.
Phone: 702-673-7000.
Map: http://www.tmcc.edu/about/maps/pdf/VICINITY-3.pdf
Website: http://www.TMCC.edu
Email: kbe-@tmcc.edu

____________

FEATURE STORY
____________

Analytical Approach
By ; Zafar Haider
Email: zafarh-@hotmail.com

Long ago I have received your mail but could not reply you for which I
am really very sorry. As I have wrote you earlier that due to my wife's
sickness I was very disturbed, she has Thyroid problem & nowadays she is
undergoing nuclear medicine therapy, however, by the grace of God she is
improving.
As I discussed in my last mail that we must have some analytical
approach towards paranormal events or experiences despite of a mere
tale. I personally use to visit the sites or persons having these
experiences & try to find some reasons of happening.
In the mid of May last year some people contacted me to visit a house
where some boys seen a paranormal event. In a afternoon three brothers
were playing cricket with their two friends in a playground in front of
their house in a newly developed locality.
The other family members were not at home that day. After some time the
elder one of the three brothers aged 16, came to his house to take a
cane of drinking water for his fellow players, the boy opened the gate &
went into kitchen, while filling the can he looked at the inside back
area of the house through the open window, what he saw there he never
seen before, in the bright sunshine he saw four white paws of cat moving
slowly as a pet cat use to walk, they have no pet cat nor the boy saw
any cat roaming in their house before.
In the mean time his younger brother aged 14, entered in the kitchen to
drink the water, saw the water falling from the overfilled can & his
brother staring outside the window in a strange manner,. The younger one
did not understand what happened to his brother, he asked him to turn
off the tap. but despite of giving any answer or turning off the tap,
the elder one turned his jerking fingers towards the window. In the
meantime the four paws had traveled about 10 yards & were coming near
outside wall of the kitchen, the younger brother was smart enough to
react instantly. He screamed & jumped outside the kitchen running
towards the main gate of house, the elder brother, coming to his senses
followed him. They reached the playground with their fearful faces and
horrible news.
It took about 10 minutes to them to recovered from the shock then they
told their friends what they have seen in the house. The boys took the
cricket bats, wickets & stones and rushed towards the house, but they
found nothing there, the paws were disappeared. There was no noise of
any cat, only the noise of water coming from the kitchen falling from
the tap into the overfilled can.
ANALYSIS:
I visited the house & found no sign of being haunted, either from
inside or outside. After a detailed discussion with the boys I reached
the following conclusion;
We the human beings, the animals & plants in the surface and fishes &
other creatures in the water lives in a given condition, that is called
a System. In other words we are living in a defined system, which is
clearly defined to every individual living under that system. Obviously
some things are very, very essential for every one to survive in this
system such as oxygen, sunlight, water etc. Besides our system there are
few other systems (among those, one system is confirmed, which we will
discuss later on)
The living objects, I mean life in any shape of that other system
always try to enter into our system & by the principle of the survival
of the fittest they have to acquire the physical properties of any
living object belonging to our system for some essential phenomena like
breathing, walking in the surface or act as any other living object of
our system.
In the case of the house discussed above the creature of some other
system was trying to enter into our system by acquiring the shape of a
cat, the boys saw the process in its very beginning, when the paws were
completed but the other part of the cat's body was in process and yet to
exist.
This is my analysis, if any of our readers have some different approach
please let me know about their analysis.

____________

SEEKING INFORMATION
___________

email the senders.

___________

TRUE STORIES
___________

From: Kristen - Email address will not be released due to age of person

I am 12 years old and I would like to share an encounter with you that
I had almost 3 months ago. I was sitting in my bathroom doing my hair
when I noticed something in the mirror. I turned to see what it was and
there was nothing there. So I went back to doing my hair and a few
seconds later I noticed it again.
Once again I turned around and saw a man standing in the doorway of my
house. I got really frightened and turned around again, hoping that it
was all my imagination. As I turned around slowly hoping not to see any
thing it was gone. Almost like I had thought the whole thing up. I told
my mother and I honestly don t think she believed me.
Also I have to mention I have a cemetery in the back of my house dated
back to the 1860s. I do believe I saw something that day and will never
really forget it.

***
From: scas-@yahoo.ca

My husband and I were living in a old remodeled farm house in a town of
Agassiz, British Columbia. We had just moved in (no more than 2 or 3
weeks after) and things started happening. One night my husband and I
were lying in our bed when “crash“, it sounded like someone had dropped
a load of lumber off at the end of our bed. My husband checked all over
in & out the house and could not find one thing wrong.
As months followed more things happened. Sounds of old music playing
(around where a stove used to be in the living room). It was to sound
more like coming out of the wall. Then this one mid afternoon we both
saw what looked to be a smoky mist form in mid air then dissolve.
We never told people but whoever stayed at our house would ask
questions the next day like “Did you have a radio on at night?” or “I
woke up to music playing.“ or even “I felt something touch my legs last
night and it #%&$% scared me, I'm not staying here anymore“ and even “I
heard glass smashing, the basement door dragging open & shutting“.
We stayed for 2 years and moved, so much more happened during that
time. The house is still standing but I don't know if the new people
have had this sort have stuff happen to then. (I sure do feel like
asking them!)

___________

UPCOMING EVENTS
___________

For complete details of all events listed in this section please visit:
http://www.haunted-places.com/tours.htm

***
MARCH 2003:

William Woods University - Fulton, Missouri - "Confessions of a
Ghost Hunter" by Troy Taylor
March 4 at 7:00 pm
For more info, send email to: ttay-@prairieghosts.com

***
Candlelight Walking Tour
March 22
History & Hauntings Tour of spirited sites in old downtown Alton and
lasts approximately 2 1/2 - 3 hours. $15 per person.
More info at: "http://www.prairieghosts.com/tours.html"

***
Second Annual Paranormal Pennsylvania Conference
March 22, 2003 Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
All day event featuring lectures on Bigfoot, Ghosts, Psychic Phenomena,
UFO's and more.
Author book signings and walking ghost tour of Gettysburg.
$75.00 per person must register before February 1, 2003
For more information contact Rick Fisher (717) 871-8610
rfis-@redrose.net or visit
"http://home.supernet.com/~rfisher/pghs.html"

***
West Virginia State Penitentiary Ghost Hunt
Moundsville, West Virginia
March 28th
For more info contact John or Lisa at: jo-@majda.net or visit their
website at: http://www.majda.net/

***
Dayton Ghost Hunter’s Society Paranormal Conference
March 29
Hosted by the Dayton Ghost Hunter’s Society and featuring authors and
speakers on ghosts and hauntings, including American Ghost Society
founder Troy Taylor. Event held from 9-5 pm at the Charity Grange,
located at the corner of Grange Hall Road and Dayton-Xenia Road in
Dayton,Ohio.
Contact Howard Collins at "hccs-@aol.com" for more details and
reservations!

***
APRIL 2003:

Candlelight Walking Tour - History & Hauntings
April 4
Tour of spirited sites in old downtown Alton and lasts approximately 2
1/2 - 3 hours. $15 per person.
More info at: "http://www.prairieghosts.com/tours.html"

***
Second Annual Ghost Hunters Conference
Saturday, April 12, 2003
Governors Ballroom, Radison
Penn Harris in Camp Hill, Pa.
For more info contact Kelly Weaver at: Weav-@aol.com

***
Spirits of the Civil War
April 15
7 pm
Prairie Commons Library, St. Louis, Missouri
With Troy Taylor, including haunted battlefields, prisons and haunts of
Abraham Lincoln.
For more info, send email to: ttay-@prairieghosts.com

***
Special Ghost Hunter's Tour
April 26
A special edition of the History & Hauntings Tour that
includes not only the ghost tour, but also a one-hour presentation by
author Troy Taylor about the secrets of ghost hunting. The evening lasts
approximately 4 hours - $40 per person.
More info at: "http://www.prairieghosts.com/tours.html"

***
West Virginia State Penitentiary Ghost Hunt
Moundsville, West Virginia
April 18th
For more info contact John or Lisa at: jo-@majda.net or visit their
website at: "http://www.majda.net/"

***
MAY 2003

Ghost Tracker's Conference
May 2
San Francisco, California
Reps and Speakers from the American Ghost Society include Gloria Young
and Janice Oberding (Haunted Nevada). Event will be held at the haunted
Queen Anne Hotel and will include walking tours of the city and a
special late night tour of Haunted Alcatraz! Reservations are a must and
more information is available from Gloria at "ghosttr-@yahoo.com"

***
Special Ghost Hunter's Tour
May 10
A special edition of the History & Hauntings Tour that includes not only
the ghost tour, but also a one-hour presentation by author Troy Taylor
about the secrets of ghost hunting. The evening lasts approximately 4
hours - $40 per person.
More info at: "http://www.prairieghosts.com/tours.html"

***
West Virginia State Penitentiary Ghost Hunt
Moundsville, West Virginia
May 16th
For more info contact John or Lisa at: jo-@majda.net or visit their
website at: "http://www.majda.net/"
***
Heartland Hauntings
Second Annual Paranormal Places Seminar
Hosted by the Southern Wisconsin Paranormal Research Group
Sunday, May 18, 2003
Best Western Conference Center
Janesville, WI
12:00 - 5:00 p.m.
$25.00 per person (advanced ticket purchase)
This year's theme is centered around the Heartland of America and we
are very pleased to welcome some very exciting heartland speakers such
as Authors, Troy Taylor and Dave Goodwin.
Tours, workshops and other weekend events will be offered as well as
great presentations on Haunted Highways, Haunted Military Bases and a
slide show presentation on some of the most haunted locations in Rock
County, WI.
For more information or to purchase tickets online, please visit our
website at: "http://www.ParanormalResearchGroup.com"

***
Candlelight Walking Tour
May 23
History & Hauntings Tour of spirited sites in old downtown
Alton and lasts approximately 2 1/2 - 3 hours. $15 per person.
More info at: "http://www.prairieghosts.com/tours.html"

***
Candlelight Walking Tour
May 24
History & Hauntings Tour of spirited sites in old downtown Alton and
lasts approximately 2 1/2 - 3 hours. $15 per person.
More info at: "http://www.prairieghosts.com/tours.html"

***
JUNE 2003

Special Ghost Hunter's Tour
June 7
A special edition of the History & Hauntings Tour that includes not only
the ghost tour, but also a one-hour presentation by author Troy Taylor
about the secrets of ghost hunting. The evening lasts approximately 4
hours - $40 per person.
More info at:"http://www.prairieghosts.com/tours.html"

***
Spirits of the Civil War
June 10
7 pm
Tesson Ferry Library - St. Louis, Missouri
With Troy Taylor, including haunted battlefields, prisons and haunts of
Abraham Lincoln.
For more info, send email to: ttay-@prairieghosts.com

***
Candlelight Walking Tour
June 13
History & Hauntings Tour of spirited sites in old downtown Alton and
lasts approximately 2 1/2 - 3 hours. $15 per person.
More info at: "http://www.prairieghosts.com/tours.html"

***
West Virginia State Penitentiary Ghost Hunt
Moundsville, West Virginia
June 14th
For more info contact John or Lisa at: jo-@majda.net or visit their
website at: "http://www.majda.net/"

***
Seventh Annual Haunted America Conference
June 19-22
Hosted by Troy Taylor and the American Ghost Society. Special Tours,
Events and Speakers including Loyd Auerbach, David
Hatchers Childress, Dale Kaczmarek, Rene Kruse, Troy Taylor, John Brill
and more! Details are now available on the website at
"http://www.prairieghosts.com/conference.html"

***
Member’s Only Ghost Hunt / Campout
West Virginia State Penitentiary Moundsville, West Virginia
June 28th
For more info contact John or Lisa at: jo-@majda.net or visit their
website at: "http://www.majda.net/"

***
JULY 2003

West Virginia State Penitentiary Ghost Hunt
Moundsville, West Virginia
July 12th
For more info contact John or Lisa at: jo-@majda.net or visit their
website at: "http://www.majda.net/"

***
AUGUST 2003

West Virginia State Penitentiary Ghost Hunt
Moundsville, West Virginia
Aug 8th
Aug 22nd
For more info contact John or Lisa at: jo-@majda.net or visit their
website at: "http://www.majda.net/"

***
SEPTEMBER 2003

West Virginia State Penitentiary Ghost Hunt
Moundsville, West Virginia
Sept 12th
For more info contact John or Lisa at: jo-@majda.net or visit their
website at: http://www.majda.net/
***
OCTOBER 2003:

Alchemy of the Paranormal
Truckee Meadows Community College
7000 Dandini Blvd.
Reno, NV.
Phone: 702-673-7000.
Saturday, October 25, 2003
A lecture by best selling author/researcher Dennis William Hauck. In
this slide presentation Dennis relates his best cases from over 20 years
of paranormal research. He will focus on the personal aspects of
otherworldly encounters and how they affect the lives and belief systems
of witnesses.
Map: http://www.tmcc.edu/about/maps/pdf/VICINITY-3.pdf
Website: http://www.TMCC.edu
Email: kbe-@tmcc.edu

___________

TOURS & SHOWS
___________

Gettysburg Civil War Era Theater is a "Live", One-Man-Show featuring a
Civil War Era Magic Show, an "Old Timer" who talks about life as a
civilian in Gettysburg at the time of the great battle and shares some
of the more popular GHOST STORIES which have been associated with the
town and concludes with a Theatrical Re-Creation of a Civil War Era
Seance.
The program has been skillfully choreographed by Magician, Actor &
Author Joe Kerrigan to be educational as well as entertaining.
Affordably priced for the entire family tickets are $17.95 for
Adults,$10.95 12 and under. Shows nightly at 7:00PM.
Best Inn
301 Steinwehr Ave.
Gettysburg, Pa.
(717) 642-9215
Website: http://civilwartheater.com

***
Where: Downtown Orlando Florida
When: 8pm EVERY Saturday
Cost: $10
What: 90 minute lantern lead walking tours of historic downtown Orlando.
Orlando's ORIGINAL Ghost Tour departs from Guinevere's Coffeehouse (on
the corner of Pine and Magnolia).
Call 407-992-1200 for tickets and details.
Website: http://www.orlandohauntings.com
Email: Webma-@Orlandohauntings.com

***
Simply Spooky! (tm)
200 years in 2 hours!
Join us on this Ghostly Ghost Walk and Tour of the Historic Town of
Burlington, Ontario (Canada) where we explore 200 years of history in 2
hours.
Informative, Educational and Accurate Accounts of the history makers
from early 1700's to the present. Conducted by Patrick Cross-Canada's
top Ghost Researcher.
2003 Season is June 1st-November 10th, 2003
Cost: $10.00 for adults, $2.00 for children 10-16 years of age.
For Bookings, Contact: 416-201-4670
Email: sci-@globalserve.net
Website: http://www.globalserve.net/~scifi/latestnews.htm

***
Haunts of the World's Most Famous Beach
Where: Daytona Beach Florida
When: 7:30pm EVERY Thursday-Sunday
Cost: $8.00
What: We offer three different 90 minute lantern lead walking tours of
historic downtown Daytona Beach and Deland:

The Original Ghost Walk departs from the northwest corner of Main St &
Peninsula Dr. (Friday & Saturday)

The Riverfront Park Walk departs from the northeast corner of Orange
Ave. & Beach St. (Thursday & Sunday)

The Deland Ghost Walk departs from the corner of Woodland Blvd. &
Indiana Ave. (Friday &Saturday)

Proceeds from these tours help benefit our research and our two
cemetery preservation & restoration projects. This is the first ghost
tour in Florida that is owned and operated by a certified ghost hunter
and active certified paranormal researcher.

Call (386) 253-6034 for reservations and/or more information.
Website: http://www.hauntsofdaytona.com
Email: hauntsof-@aol.com

___________

MEDIA LISTINGS
___________

   The media listing mainly cover the 8pm to 10pm time slots. Most
listed times are Eastern Standard Time. Please check your local listings
for the correct viewing times in your area.

***
INTERNET RADIO PROGRAMS:

***
The "Exploring Unexplained Phenomena" radio program is on KZUM 89.3 FM,
Lincoln, NE, and has been on-air every Saturday morning since 1984, 10 -
11:30 am Central Time. The station phone number during the program only:
402-474-5086. The host is Scott H. Colborn, email at:
"kcol-@inebraska.com" and website is:
"http://www.thewayhomestore.com" .

Jeff Rense: Listen at : http://www.sightings.com/
Mon. - Fri. at 7pm to 10 pm Pacific time
Sat. at 9pm to 3am Pacific time
Sun. at 8pm to 11pm Pacific time

***
http://www.pawebcast.cc/

Live every Wednesdays from 8 to 9pm EST.
Listen at:
http://www.pawebcast.com/visions/visions_from_the_other_side.htm

***
The Lou Gentile Show