Welcome Guest!
 Haunted Places
The Haunted Places Report  Rev. Ron Beach
 Apr 06, 2003 11:12 PDT
THE HAUNTED PLACES REPORT

Founded by: Dennis William Hauck
Edited by: Rev. Ronald E. Beach
Email: Edi-@haunted-places.com
Website: http://www.Haunted-Places.com

editor.

04/08/03

_____________

FROM THE EDITOR
_____________

We are in the process of updating our website: Haunted-Places.com The
will be many new features added to the website as well has an update of
the old ones. We are trying to make the site a “one stop” reference for
those interested in ghost hunting. You can help us in the following
ways:

1. If you like your group listed on our site please email a brief
description of your group along with the URL for your website. In order
to be listed your group must have a website. In your description please
include an email address for people to contact. Due to security issues
we will not list snail mail addresses (unless it is a P.O. Box) or phone
numbers.

2. Is your group having an upcoming event or any meetings this year? Let
us know and we’ll list it in the “Upcoming Events” section.

3. Have you done any interesting investigation? Send us a report and
we’ll post it in the “Investigations” section.

Please visit the site at: Haunted-Places.com and let us know your
thoughts & comments. Anything you like to see added to the site? All
items should be emailed to us at: Webma-@haunted-places.com

_____________

LETTERS TO THE EDITOR
_____________

We invite your letters to the editor. Tell us how you feel about things
in the newsletter or in the ghost hunting community. All letters must be
accompanied by an email address so other readers can respond to you.

_________________

ANNOUNCEMENTS
_________________

Its finally out!! The second addition to "Ghosts at Carlisle Barracks
Army War College," author Allen Campbell. Mr. Campbell is an active
member of the Capital Ghost Forum in Camp Hill, Pa and will be
personally hosting the Carlisle Barracks ghost walk the night prior to
the second annual Pennsylvania Ghost Hunters Convention being held at
the Radisson Inn, Camp Hill, Pa. The ghost walk is at 7pm on April 11,
2003 and the convention is being held the next day on April 12, 2003.
This book is interesting for several reasons. One reason, of course, is
all the exciting stories told in the book. Another reason is because it
is a rare look into ghost stories on a military base. There are not many
books out there where all the stories are from a military base. It is
extremely hard to get on a military base these days. It is really hard
to get permission to go on a ghost walk on a military base. It is twice
has hard to do a paranormal investigation on a military base. However,
the author did all three and wrote a book to tell about it. The author
adds, please DO NOT attempt to go on any military base or post without
express written permission by proper authorities. If you do and you do
not get permission most likely you will be arrested.
You can pick up a book at Borders or go to Civilwarandmore.com and
request a copy.

***

RESURRECTED AFTER MORE THAN 3 YEARS!
With the launch of our brand new website -- Ghosts of the Prairie --
back in 1997, we also started a new print magazine to explore the most
haunted places, and the strangest unsolved mysteries, in
American history. Unfortunately though, in late 1999, the magazine
folded due to rising print and postage costs. But now, more than three
years later, we have resurrected the magazine and it's back with all new
stories, new authors, new features and articles and now -- in full color
throughout! Don't miss the new incarnation of the acclaimed magazine --
Available starting in April 2, 2003!

Issue Number 12 -- the first new issue in three years -- will include
authors like Rosemary Ellen Guiley, Troy Taylor, Dale Kaczmarek, David
Goodwin, Alan Brown and others! Delve into the mysteries of the Mad
Gasser of Mattoon, The Flaming Ghost, A night in the Lemp Caverns, the
Blue Man of the St. Louis Arsenal, Mysteries of Mt. Shasta -- and much
more. $4.95

AVAILABLE TO ORDER & SUBSCRIBE ON APRIL 2, 2003!
Individual Issues Available -- $4.95 (plus $1.50 shipping / handling)
One Year (6 Issues) Subscriptions Available -- $35 per year (postage
included)

Call toll-free to order or subscribe at 1-888-446-7859 or online at
"https://www.prairieghosts.com/magazine.html"

***
From: tnj_is-@yahoo.com

Check out Beardsley castle in NY. Seen the ghost myself!

***
Author D.B. Lyn will be in the Cincinnati, Ohio area from May 15th to
the 18th looking for true ghost stories from the area for a her next
book. an ad will be running in area newspapers or you can contact her
at: jjfe-@valunet.com

***
If you or anyone you know has had a ghostly or supernatural experience,
I would like to hear your story. I am looking for experiences for a true
haunting book that I am writing! Please E-mail me at:
AGhost-@hotmail.com

***
From: Tammy at: phfr-@cablerocket.com

Call the main office at Fort Riley in Fort Riley, Kansas next to
Junction City and every Halloween they conduct tours in many of the
buildings and across the area telling of all the ghosts that actually
haunt there from the past outbreaks of disease and military personnel
that haunt the buildings too. I have not seen any of this on the
internet pages yet but have been on a tour.

______________

BOOK REVIEW
______________

HAUNTED ARIZONA
A ghostly guide to Arizona’s most spirited spots!
Written by: Ellen Robson
Published by: Golden West Publishers
ISBN: 1-885590-90-3
Paperback, over 126 pages with B/W photos

Once again author Ellen Robson takes you on a haunted vacation. This
time you’ll cross the state of Arizona in search of it’s haunted
history. She has included fifty stories of haunted locations.
The author gives you a complete and informative history of each
location and it’s haunting. Included are interviews from those who
actually witnessed the hauntings. Since each location is open to the
public she has even provided contact information and clear concise
directions.
This is a must have book for any ghost hunter living in or visiting the
state of Arizona. You can order this fascinating book by visiting the
author’s website at: “ http://www.spirits66.com/ ” . Mention that you
are a subscriber of The Haunted Places Report to receive a special price
of $12.00 which includes S/H. As an added bonus the author will include
a genuine toe tag for use as a bookmaker!

______________

FEATURE STORY
_______________

SPB GHOSTHUNT
By Brandy Buchanan

It was a dark and stormy night. Thunder rattled the heavens as pregnant
storm clouds threatened those below with all-consuming rain. A tall
building stood against the skyline, a monument against nature’s fury.
However, unlike in the novels, this building was not old, nor was it a
house. It did have some supernatural happenings, however, and the
S.P.I.R.I.T.S. team was called in to investigate.
The structure in question is a high rise condominium complex. As with
many buildings in Florida, which was lightly populated until the 1970s,
this area was relatively newly constructed, originating in 1985.
However, the "youth" of an area does not mean it doesn’t have a few
ghosts!
The homeowners, Leigh and Kevin East, bought the condo in February
2000. The previous owner was a woman recently widowed the preceding May.
After a prolonged illness, the widow’s husband died in the condominium,
his final days spent in a room towards the back of the home.
Neither Leigh nor Kevin, who have lived in several haunted homes
before, felt any negativity in the condo. Attracted by its charm, and
planning to do some renovations of their own, the couple moved in May of
2000, 1 year after the man’s death.
During the first stages of remodeling came early indications the area
was haunted. Renovations often awaken dormant ghosts who are upset at
the changes to their former residences. Kevin, who initially worked
alone during the preliminary stages of the remodeling, began to notice a
tension within the building. The negative energy started to have an
impact on him, making him feel a "sense of anger" which he did not, at
first, understand. One room, which the couple made into an artist
studio, seemed to be the center of these heavy feelings, and it did not
"feel" the same as the surrounding layout.
A short time thereafter, noises began to manifest in the hallway
outside one of the bathrooms. Kevin worked in the construction industry
for a number of years, yet these noises seemed inconsistent with a
structural deficiency.
Shadowy images appeared near the hall and outside the bathroom. Kevin
occasionally caught a movement from the corner of his eye, though
turning to see who was there found no one. Their pets, a cat and small
dog, sometimes stared at the walls and ceiling, their eyes following
something the Easts could not see.
"Sometimes, I wake up late at night. A lot of streetlights illuminate
the area, often providing a little light in our place, even with the
blinds closed. On two different occasions when I woke up I could see a
person at the far end of the living room, though my wife was asleep next
to me. Upon investigating we found no one. Nothing was disturbed," Kevin
East explains.
Leigh also has had her share of experiences with the unknown. She often
has the sensation of being watched from the studio area. Late at night,
Leigh has felt someone following her from the bathroom back to their
bedroom. She no longer traverses through the artist studio at night, the
shortest route to the bathroom, preferring to go around the room in
question.
More recently, the doorbell started to ring on its own accord. The
Easts investigated to find out if anyone in the building had a doorbell
similar to their own that might be triggering the mysterious ringing,
but found none. . On two occasions, either Leigh or Kevin stood at the
door when it rang, and immediately answered it, hoping to solve the
dilemma. No one was there, nor could they find anyone in the corridors
outside their entranceway. Frustrated, they removed the batteries,
though that still did not stop its mysterious chiming.
The Easts began to ask their neighbors about the history of the
location. It was then they discovered that the previous household was
wrought with tension: the husband suffered escalating pain from his
illness, and the wife was overwrought with his care. The man’s suffering
intensified until the day he climbed out of bed, fell down in front of
the bathroom and died.
Yet, what finally led them to call on the S.P.I.R.I.T.S. team to
investigate was another late night event in June. At 2 a.m. Leigh was
awakened by the low long moan of a man coming from the studio area.
Though her husband did not awaken, the family dog did and intensely
concentrated on the shadow-shrouded studio. That was enough for her to
ask for a second opinion.
When the S.P.I.R.I.T.S. arrived on that rainy evening, they first did a
"cold" sweep of the house. EMF (electromagnetic field) readings showed
slight increase in the art studio and the studio closet. The needle also
continued to minutely fluctuate, though no conduits ran in that section
of the home and all electrical items were turned off. The highest
readings took place in one corner of the room. There, one member of the
team, who does not consider herself to be sensitive, felt a sensation of
dizziness and immediately had the impression of a bed. Leigh and Kevin
later revealed that neighbors confirmed the dying man’s bed had
originally been placed in that area of the room.
Temperature readings remained steady, though during the post-interview
re-examination of the house a cold spot, felt by S.P.I.R.I.T.S. member
Sandy, was detected in the hallway outside of the bathroom. No EMF
corresponded, but photographs revealed a light aura-like image around
her lower legs as she examined the cold spot.
Leigh, Kevin, along with S.P.I.R.I.T.S. members Brandy, Lee and Karen
all heard the prolonged sound of a ringing bell. The sound lasted
approximately 10 seconds, and EMF spiked in the area immediately after
the noise died.
Video and three attempts at EVP (electronic voice phenomena, in which
questions are asked to a potential ghost and answers may be recorded on
tape), revealed no results.
No one in the group, including the homeowners, felt the presence was
dangerous. Most concluded that the entity was fairly mild, and was
probably the restless spirit of the previous owner, perhaps still
seeking the peace he desired during the last days of his life.

____________

SEEKING INFORMATION
___________

email the senders.

***
I am still looking for some haunted tours in Wisconsin. Please help me
find one so I have something to do on my weekends off. Contact me
at:"Bigdog-@yahoo.com"

***
From Natalie at: tilly-@hotmail.com

I'm from East Sussex in the UK and was just wondering if you knew of
any paranormal groups or investigators in the UK as I'm finding it
difficult to find any reliable contacts.
Also my mother was walking into our front room when she heard my niece
talking to a male voice, but when she walked in there was no-one there.
She asked my niece, who is two years old, who she was talking to and she
said the man is in the wall! I've always felt a presence in my house and
silly things happen like the TV changing channels and the stereo coming
on full blast. There is a story about the man who built the building
jumping off the roof of the penthouse which is where I live, because the
train station that was going to be built fell through and the hotel he
had just built went bust. Should I investigate further or leave him be?

***
I am looking for haunted hotels, motels and B&B's in Ohio. Any info. you
have would be greatly appreciated! Please send all email to:
"mrsrent-@insightbb.com".

___________

TRUE STORIES
___________

From Tom at: till-@tampabay.rr.com

On June 7th, 2000 I was in a terrible accident. I was in a coma for 48
days. Right before I awoke, I was visited by 2 different spirits. One of
the spirits was a lady, and told me "It goes to show you that as easily
as life was given....it can also be taken away!". The second spirit,
which was a man, told me "You have to go back now....you haven't told
him what you are supposed to tell him yet!" He gave me a feeling that
what I tell him brings him closer to God.
I'm not what you would classify as "religious" by any means, I was
running with the devil according to my actions before the wreck. I've
been to prison twice, hanging out on the streets and what not. Now I'm
86%paralyzed on my right side, and I have brain damage. But, I am very
much so a "spiritual"person and the man "spirit" also told me upon my
asking him, I would know what to say when the time comes! I know that I
was blessed by God and given a second chance at life....the right way
this time around! I just want people to know what happened to me, so it
won't take a tragedy like mine for them to turn their life around.

___________

UPCOMING EVENTS
___________

For complete details of all events this year please visit:
"http://www.haunted-places.com/tours.htm"

Upcoming events for April are:

Storytelling from the Brandywine to the Bay
Tuesday, April 8 at 7 p.m.,
Claymont, Del. library
Presented by Ed Okonowicz
For more info call: 302 798-6973
***
Storytelling from the Brandywine to the Bay
Thursday, April 10 at7 p.m.
Bear, Del. library.
Presented by Ed Okonowicz
For more info call:302 838-3300
***
Second Annual Ghost Hunters Conference
Saturday, April 12, 2003
Governors Ballroom, Radison, Penn Harris in Camp Hill, Pa.
If you are interested in attending reserve your seat NOW.
For more info contact Kelly Weaver at: "Weav-@aol.com
***
Spirits of the Civil War
April 15 at 7 pm
Prairie Commons Library, St. Louis, Missouri
With Troy Taylor, including haunted battlefields, prisons and haunts of
Abraham Lincoln.
For more info, send email to: "ttay-@prairieghosts.com"
***
Special Ghost Hunter's Tour
April 26
A special edition of the History & Hauntings Tour that includes not only
the ghost tour, but also a one-hour presentation by author Troy Taylor
about the secrets of ghost hunting. The evening lasts approximately 4
hours. Cost is $40 per person.
More info at: "http://www.prairieghosts.com/tours.html"
***
West Virginia State Penitentiary Ghost Hunt
April 18th
Moundsville, West Virginia
For more info contact John or Lisa at: "jo-@majda.net"
or visit their website at: "http://www.majda.net/"

___________
TOURS & SHOWS
___________

Gettysburg Civil War Era Theater is a live, one man show featuring a
Civil War Era Magic Show, an "old timer" who talks about life as a
civilian in Gettysburg at the time of the great battle and shares some
of the more popular ghost stories which have been associated with the
town and concludes with a theatrical recreation of a civil war era
seance.
The program has been skillfully choreographed by magician, actor &
author Joe Kerrigan to be educational as well as entertaining.
Affordably priced for the entire family tickets are $17.95 for Adults,
$10.95 12 and under. Shows nightly at 7:00PM.
Best Inn
301 Steinwehr Ave.
Gettysburg, Pa.
(717) 642-9215
Website: http://civilwartheater.com

***
Downtown Orlando Florida
8pm EVERY Saturday
90 minute lantern lead walking tours of historic downtown Orlando. Cost
is $10 per person. Orlando's ORIGINAL Ghost Tour departs from
Guinevere's Coffeehouse (on the corner of Pine and Magnolia).
Website: http://www.orlandohauntings.com
Email: Webma-@Orlandohauntings.com
Phone: 407-992-1200

***
Simply Spooky! (tm)
200 years in 2 hours!
Join us on this Ghostly Ghost Walk and Tour of the Historic Town of
Burlington, Ontario (Canada) where we explore 200 years of history in 2
hours. Informative, educational and accurate accounts of the history
makers from early 1700's to the present. Conducted by Patrick Cross,
Canada's top ghost researcher.
2003 Season is June 1st - November 10th
Cost: $10.00 for adults, $2.00 for children 10-16 years of age.
Email: sci-@globalserve.net
Website: http://www.globalserve.net/~scifi/latestnews.htm
Phone: 416-201-4670

***
Haunts of the World's Most Famous Beach
Daytona Beach Florida
7:30pm EVERY Thursday-Sunday
We offer three different 90 minute lantern lead walking tours of
historic downtown Daytona Beach and Deland:

The Original Ghost Walk departs from the northwest corner of Main St &
Peninsula Dr. (Friday & Saturday)

The Riverfront Park Walk departs from the northeast corner of Orange
Ave. & Beach St. (Thursday & Sunday)

The Deland Ghost Walk departs from the corner of Woodland Blvd. &
Indiana Ave. (Friday &Saturday)

Cost is$8.00 per person. Proceeds from these tours help benefit our
research and our two cemetery preservation & restoration projects. This
is the first ghost tour in Florida that is owned and operated by a
certified ghost hunter and active certified paranormal researcher.
Website: http://www.hauntsofdaytona.com
Email: hauntsof-@aol.com
Phone: (386) 253-6034

____________

INTERNET RADIO PROGRAMS:
____________

The "Exploring Unexplained Phenomena" radio program is on KZUM 89.3 FM,
Lincoln, NE, and has been on-air every Saturday morning since 1984, 10 -
11:30 am Central Time. The station phone number during the program only:
402-474-5086. The host is Scott H. Colborn, Email:
kcol-@inebraska.com
Website is: http://www.thewayhomestore.com

***
Jeff Rense: Listen at : http://www.sightings.com/
Mon. - Fri. at 7pm to 10 pm Pacific time
Sat. at 9pm to 3am Pacific time
Sun. at 8pm to 11pm Pacific time

***
http://www.pawebcast.cc/

Live every Wednesdays from 8 to 9pm EST.
Listen at:
http://www.pawebcast.com/visions/visions_from_the_other_side.htm

***
The Lou Gentile Show