Welcome Guest!
 Haunted Places
 Apr 14, 2003 20:20 PDT
THE HAUNTED PLACES REPORT

Founded by: Dennis William Hauck
Edited by: Rev. Ronald E. Beach
Email: Edi-@haunted-places.com
Website: http://www.Haunted-Places.com

editor.

04/15/03

_____________

FROM THE EDITOR
_____________

Please visit our website at: Haunted-Places.com and let us know your
thoughts & comments. Anything you like to see added to the site? All
items should be emailed to us at: Webma-@haunted-places.com

_____________

LETTERS TO THE EDITOR
_____________

We invite your letters to the editor. Tell us how you feel about things
in the newsletter or in the ghost hunting community. All letters must be
accompanied by an email address so other readers can respond to you.

***
From Robin at: skei-@tc.umn.edu

It would be nice if the writers who contribute stories to The Haunted
Places Report would write the state from which their stories originate.
For example, I have no idea where Wapakoneta is, the supposed location
of a story that appeared in your last newsletter. Other than that, I
love The Haunted Places Report and look forward to receiving it each and
every week.

(Editor’s note: Wapakoneta, which is the home town of Neil Armstrong, is
in Ohio)

_________________

ANNOUNCEMENTS
_________________

RESURRECTED AFTER MORE THAN 3 YEARS!
With the launch of our brand new website -- Ghosts of the Prairie --
back in 1997, we also started a new print magazine to explore the most
haunted places, and the strangest unsolved mysteries, in
American history. Unfortunately though, in late 1999, the magazine
folded due to rising print and postage costs. But now, more than three
years later, we have resurrected the magazine and it's back with all new
stories, new authors, new features and articles and now -- in full color
throughout! Don't miss the new incarnation of the acclaimed magazine --
Available starting in April 2, 2003!

Issue Number 12 -- the first new issue in three years -- will include
authors like Rosemary Ellen Guiley, Troy Taylor, Dale Kaczmarek, David
Goodwin, Alan Brown and others! Delve into the mysteries of the Mad
Gasser of Mattoon, The Flaming Ghost, A night in the Lemp Caverns, the
Blue Man of the St. Louis Arsenal, Mysteries of Mt. Shasta -- and much
more. $4.95

AVAILABLE TO ORDER & SUBSCRIBE ON APRIL 2, 2003!
Individual Issues Available -- $4.95 (plus $1.50 shipping / handling)
One Year (6 Issues) Subscriptions Available -- $35 per year (postage
included)

Call toll-free to order or subscribe at 1-888-446-7859 or online at
"https://www.prairieghosts.com/magazine.html"

***
Author D.B. Lyn will be in the Cincinnati, Ohio area from May 15th to
the 18th looking for true ghost stories from the area for a her next
book. an ad will be running in area newspapers or you can contact her
at: jjfe-@valunet.com

***
From: Joseph at: J_bene-@msn.com

Haunted Skyscraper:
http://www.geocities.com/epacel/The_Haunted_Skyscraper.html.htm

______________

FEATURE STORY
_______________

The Spirit of St. Petersburg: The Ghost of Nelson Poynter
By Brandy Buchanan

It is said that the ghost of Nelson Poynter still travels on the
elevator located in the Bayboro Building. The sight of abnormal activity
for both the living and the dead, this elevator has been prone to
strange behavior that some have blamed on the ghost. The Bayboro
Building now houses a variety of important campus services including the
Registrar’s Office, Student Services, Financial Aid, and the campus
cashier on the first floor. The second floor has the computer center,
classrooms, and the Dean’s suite, among other offices for staff and
faculty. However, at one point in time, not so long ago, it was the home
of the Bayboro campus library named in honor of Nelson Poynter, a man
who loved to spend time among its books. While the building was still a
library the elevator within was already known for its unusual behavior.
"Well, I never saw it. I heard them say that one of the night crew saw
the ghost and there was talk about it, but I never knew if it was a joke
or not," said Jan Boyd, a library staff member. Jan worked in the "old
building" her first year at the library and was one of the staff who
helped move the Nelson Poynter library into its new home.
"Sometimes, it [the elevator] would sit there and not move. It was an
old cranky elevator." Letta Ramsay, of Student Services, presently works
in the office located right beside the elevator in question. Since the
Bay building’s restructuring the elevator has been reconditioned, but
not replaced. So far, though, she also has noted nothing unusual. "I
never heard anything about a ghost or the elevator before you asked,"
she said.
Well, perhaps the newness of the campus Bay building is not what the
spirit of Poynter Nelson is interested in. Maybe his ghost departed when
the library was transferred to a newer building and the old Bay building
was gutted for office space. Perhaps he was never there in the first
place, but was merely a creative way to explain a quirky old elevator.
Or maybe, just maybe, he moved into the new building to remain a
guardian over the faculty, staff, and books that it houses. But, the
next time you find yourself alone in the library, or if the Bay building
elevator acts up while you in it, say hello to Mr. Poynter. I’m sure
he’d be glad for a little conversation.

This article has been printed with the permission of all parties
involved. Do you have a ghost story to share or a haunted sight you’d
like investigated? If so, please contact Brandy Buchanan via Bayside
News at (727) 502-0867.

____________

SEEKING INFORMATION
___________

email the senders.

___________

TRUE STORIES
___________

From: Megan at: twizz-@aldelphia.net

My best friend's grandfather said that on Halloween he and his friends
would run by Orchard Hall because every Halloween they would see a ghost
of a little girl in the window of the attic. And just a few weeks ago my
friend saw a hand in the window.
My other best friend has a friend who went to dinner at Orchard Hall
with her mother and father. When she was done eating, she went into
another room to read an article about a little girl. After she was done
reading it she looked up and saw the little girl's ghost smiling at her.

When you go near the stairwell and look up you get a really scary
feeling. Orchard Hall was even on the news once. My friends and I truly
believe that Orchard Hall is haunted and we do believe in ghosts.
Orchard Hall's ghost seems friendly. She has never hurt anyone. We know
that the little girl died in the attic but we don't know any of the
details. Orchard Hall is in Sauquoit, New York.

___________

UPCOMING EVENTS
___________

For complete details of all events this year please visit:
"http://www.haunted-places.com/tours.htm"

Upcoming events for April are:

Spirits of the Civil War
April 15 at 7 pm
Prairie Commons Library, St. Louis, Missouri
With Troy Taylor, including haunted battlefields, prisons and haunts of
Abraham Lincoln.
For more info, send email to: "ttay-@prairieghosts.com"
***
Special Ghost Hunter's Tour
April 26
A special edition of the History & Hauntings Tour that includes not only
the ghost tour, but also a one-hour presentation by author Troy Taylor
about the secrets of ghost hunting. The evening lasts approximately 4
hours. Cost is $40 per person.
More info at: "http://www.prairieghosts.com/tours.html"
***
West Virginia State Penitentiary Ghost Hunt
April 18th
Moundsville, West Virginia
For more info contact John or Lisa at: "jo-@majda.net"
or visit their website at: "http://www.majda.net/"

___________

TOURS & SHOWS
___________

Gettysburg Civil War Era Theater is a live, one man show featuring a
Civil War Era Magic Show, an "old timer" who talks about life as a
civilian in Gettysburg at the time of the great battle and shares some
of the more popular ghost stories which have been associated with the
town and concludes with a theatrical recreation of a civil war era
seance.
The program has been skillfully choreographed by magician, actor &
author Joe Kerrigan to be educational as well as entertaining.
Affordably priced for the entire family tickets are $17.95 for Adults,
$10.95 12 and under. Shows nightly at 7:00PM.
Best Inn
301 Steinwehr Ave.
Gettysburg, Pa.
(717) 642-9215
Website: http://civilwartheater.com

***
Downtown Orlando Florida
8pm EVERY Saturday
90 minute lantern lead walking tours of historic downtown Orlando. Cost
is $10 per person. Orlando's ORIGINAL Ghost Tour departs from
Guinevere's Coffeehouse (on the corner of Pine and Magnolia).
Website: http://www.orlandohauntings.com
Email: Webma-@Orlandohauntings.com
Phone: 407-992-1200

***
Simply Spooky! (tm)
200 years in 2 hours!
Join us on this Ghostly Ghost Walk and Tour of the Historic Town of
Burlington, Ontario (Canada) where we explore 200 years of history in 2
hours. Informative, educational and accurate accounts of the history
makers from early 1700's to the present. Conducted by Patrick Cross,
Canada's top ghost researcher.
2003 Season is June 1st - November 10th
Cost: $10.00 for adults, $2.00 for children 10-16 years of age.
Email: sci-@globalserve.net
Website: http://www.globalserve.net/~scifi/latestnews.htm
Phone: 416-201-4670

***
Haunts of the World's Most Famous Beach
Daytona Beach Florida
7:30pm EVERY Thursday-Sunday
We offer three different 90 minute lantern lead walking tours of
historic downtown Daytona Beach and Deland:

The Original Ghost Walk departs from the northwest corner of Main St &
Peninsula Dr. (Friday & Saturday)

The Riverfront Park Walk departs from the northeast corner of Orange
Ave. & Beach St. (Thursday & Sunday)

The Deland Ghost Walk departs from the corner of Woodland Blvd. &
Indiana Ave. (Friday &Saturday)

Cost is$8.00 per person. Proceeds from these tours help benefit our
research and our two cemetery preservation & restoration projects. This
is the first ghost tour in Florida that is owned and operated by a
certified ghost hunter and active certified paranormal researcher.
Website: http://www.hauntsofdaytona.com
Email: hauntsof-@aol.com
Phone: (386) 253-6034

____________

INTERNET RADIO PROGRAMS:
____________

The "Exploring Unexplained Phenomena" radio program is on KZUM 89.3 FM,
Lincoln, NE, and has been on-air every Saturday morning since 1984, 10 -
11:30 am Central Time. The station phone number during the program only:
402-474-5086. The host is Scott H. Colborn, Email:
kcol-@inebraska.com
Website is: http://www.thewayhomestore.com

***
Jeff Rense: Listen at : http://www.sightings.com/
Mon. - Fri. at 7pm to 10 pm Pacific time
Sat. at 9pm to 3am Pacific time
Sun. at 8pm to 11pm Pacific time

***
http://www.pawebcast.cc/

Live every Wednesdays from 8 to 9pm EST.
Listen at:
http://www.pawebcast.com/visions/visions_from_the_other_side.htm

***
The Lou Gentile Show