Welcome Guest!
 Haunted Places
 Aug 21, 2003 06:13 PDT

THE HAUNTED PLACES REPORT

Founded by: Dennis William Hauck
Edited by: Rev. Ronald E. Beach
Email: Edi-@haunted-places.com
Website: http://www.Haunted-Places.com

editor.

08/19//03

_____________

FROM THE EDITOR
_____________

Please visit our website at: Haunted-Places.com and let us know your
thoughts & comments. Anything you like to see added to the site? All
items should be emailed to us at: Webma-@haunted-places.com

______________

LETTERS TO THE EDITOR
_____________

We invite your letters to the editor. Tell us how you feel about things
in the newsletter or in the ghost hunting community. All letters must be
accompanied by an email address so other readers can respond to you.

_________________

ANNOUNCEMENTS
_________________

Troy Taylor has been added to the list of guest speakers for next years
3rd annual Pennsylvania Paranormal Conference. Troy Taylor is the author
of many books on the paranormal and heads the American Ghost Society. He
is considered by many to be the leading authority on the subject of
ghosts. Registration has started and seating is limited.
The 3rd annual Pennsylvania Paranormal Conference will be held March
20, 2004 at the Holiday Inn Battlefield - Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
If you never believed in the paranormal you will. Roswell meets
Kecksburg “The two most famous cases of a UFO crash come together in
Gettysburg, PA”. Plus lectures on Bigfoot - Ouija Boards - Mysteries of
the Stone Chambers - Spontaneous Human Combustion

Guest Speakers:
Rick Fisher – History & Mystery of Talking Boards
Stan Gordon – UFO researcher – Kecksburg UFO crash & mysterious events
in PA
Mike Frizzell – The Enigma Project – Mysterious Stone Chambers
Eric Altman – Bigfoot researcher – Bigfoot sightings & reports in PA
Larry Arnold – Spontaneous Human Combustion
Robert Van Der Clock – Roswell UFO crash
Troy Taylor - Confessions of a Ghost Hunter
Speakers and topics subject to change without notice. Conference
schedule and speaker bios coming soon.

Seating will be limited register early to ensure a seat, last years
event drew 200 people and we expect the same turnout. No registrations
will be taken at the door unless seating is available.

When: Saturday March 20, 2004 - Time: 8:45 AM to 11:00 PM
Doors open at 8:00 AM

Where: Holiday Inn Battlefield Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
PA Rt. 97 & Bus. Rt. 15 S. (717) 334-6211

Cost: $70.00 per person – (does not include dinner buffet) Pay in full
or 2 payments of $35.00
Cost $90.00 per person Conference and Dinner Buffet pay in full or 3
payments of $30.00 (When sending payment please list names of those who
will be attending with you). Registrations must be received by January
31, 2004 (no refunds after January 31, 2004)
Reservations can be made by sending a check or money order to
Rick Fisher/ Fisher Productions
1033 Williamsburg Road
Lancaster, Pennsylvania 17603
For more information call (717) 871-8610 or e-mail:
"rfis-@redrose.net"

***
From: Richard Senate at: "rsen-@ci.ventura.ca.us"

There is a new TV show coming out that will feature ghost stories sent
in by viewers on Video tape. I am acting as a consultant for the Show
that will make a pilot on the 18th. He will pay $100 for any Video he
uses.
A story, a ghost hunt, a re-enactment of what you saw--anything in any
format. The tapes should be short--8 minutes tops. I believe it would be
a great way to let the public know that ghosts are not really
supernatural at all but really very natural. It isn't a de-bunking show.
Now they can't return tapes so what ever you send make sure its
nothing you can live without.
Send copies if you like--they will do all the editing. They want good
compelling stories.

Address to send tapes is:
The Ghost Show
P.O. Box 470
Hollywood, CA 90078

***
"Tours of Terror," who have presented the highly acclaimed "Dracula
Tour: Vampire Vacation to Transylvania" every Halloween for the past six
years, have announced the dates of the 2nd annual "GHOSTour." Anyone who
appreciates haunted castles, the world's scariest places, and all areas
of the unknown, the paranormal, the supernatural and the unexplained are
invited to participate in this unique vacation to England from June
6-13, 2004. In future years, we plan to visit Scotland and other
locations.
Any GHOST-related group or society or investigators are invited to
participate. Not only would we love to have you join us on the next
trip, we'd love for you to make money on it. How? By promoting it to
your members, associates, clients, friends, etc. Anyone who you know is
interested in this field is a potential traveler! You could spread the
word via your website, newsletter, ads, at meetings, or any way you
desire. You have nothing to lose. Everyone benefits: we get more
tour-members, the travelers have the time of their lives, and you pocket
a nice commi$$ion. Recruit enough travelers (20) and we'll reward you
with a free tour for yourself. Contact us so we can discuss the
possibilities.
The inaugural "GHOSTour" visited Highgate Cemetery in London
(inspiration for Bram Stoker's "Dracula,"), Hampstead Heath, the London
Dungeon, the Tower of London, the Borley rectory (known as the most
haunted spot in Great Britain), the Crown Inn, Castle Rising, York
Dungeon, Swinton Castle, Whitby and many other haunted locations. We did
numerous haunted pub crawls, followed in the footsteps of Jack The
Ripper, entered haunted houses, churches and graveyards, and made the
obligatory visits to the London Tower and The London Dungeon. We ended
the week with a gala masquerade ball with a chilling and thrilling
costume contest, seance and dance party. There were spirits of all kinds
at this party. The tour report is on the website, so you can read all
about the past trip.
"GHOSTour" includes airfare to England, deluxe hotel accommodations,
special guest ghost-hunters and mediums, tour-guides, coach transfers,
breakfasts, some meals, plus all admissions-events-attractions.
Whether you believe in ghosts or not, you or your
clients/friends/followers will have the time of your lives (even if
you're sharing space with the undead!). No other tour offers the scares
and fun of this professionally escorted, fully guided week-long trip,
open to all ages, with activities both during the day and also at night.

For a free printed brochure with complete itinerary and details, call
us toll-free:
(866) T-E-R-R-O-R-T-O-U-R (direct line 203-795-4737), email us at
ToursOf-@aol.com or visit the website: "www.GHOSTour.com".
For info on the annual Dracula Tour, visit "www.DracTour.com". We offer
a similar incentive offer if you recruit travelers for the vampire
vacation as well.

***
From: Rick Fisher at: rfis-@redrose.net

Hello all, hope your having a great summer. If you have an article for
the next Paranormal Pennsylvania & Beyond magazine the deadline is
September 8 for the October issue. If you don't have anything at that
time please advise me as well. Troy if you have something or want me to
use something from your site let me know.

***
The Utah Paranormal and Psychical Research Society (U.P.P.R.S.) would
like to hear from you! We are Utah's oldest and most prestigious
scientific research organization dedicated exclusively to the study of
paranormal & parapsychological phenomena. Founded in 1978 and
headquartered in Ogden, Utah, we are a likeable & openminded group of
individuals composed of citizens, scientists, scholars and paranormal
enthusiasts from across the state of Utah (and across the U.S. as well)
... (all of) whom share a common interest in the many things that are
not-so-easily explained. We invite you to share your personal story or
your brush with the unknown ... or, if you prefer: Tell us something
about your club or organization ... we'd love to hear from you!

Utah Paranormal and Psychical Research Society
P.O. Box 13164, Ogden UT 84412-3164
Telephone {Leave A Message}: (801) 393-9789 / 24 Hour Fax: (801)
393-3722
e-mail: "outerl-@mailstation.com"

______________

FEATURE STORY
_______________

Due to the length of this week’s newsletter there is no Feature Story

____________

SEEKING INFORMATION
___________

email the senders.

***
I have written various articles and a book about the Underground
Railroad. One of my friends suggested that because of the drama and
secrecy surrounding Underground Railroad activities, there would also be
paranormal activity associated with UGGR sites. So, I set about
compiling a list of historical societies and developing a questionaire.
Unfortunately, there wasn't much response. I was wondering if your
organization and newsletter could help me.
I'd like to request that if anyone has a paranormal story linked to an
Underground Railroad event or location that they contact me: Ann
Eskridge, "ann-@ameritech.net". I will e-mail them a questionaire
that they can fill out and e-mail back to me or mail to me. Or if you
can suggest other organizations that I might send my questionaire to,
I'd greatly appreciate it.
Thank you for any suggestions you may have. Please feel free to e-mail
me with questions.

***
I am currently gathering information for a travel book. This is no
ordinary travel book.
Travelling across Canada and stopping in at haunted places along the
way. I'm looking for private homes, hotels & motels, museums,
cemeteries, art galleries, any place that could be travelled by car,
motorcycle, bicycle, train or bus. Any information your readers could
pass on to me, especially if they are off the beaten track I would
really appreciate it. Thank you in advance.
Sue Floyd
email: "sueflo-@hotmail.com"

___________

TRUE STORIES
___________

Due to the length of this week’s newsletter there is no true life
stories.

___________

UPCOMING EVENTS
___________

West Virginia State Penitentiary Ghost Hunt
Aug 22nd
Moundsville, West Virginia

For more info contact John or Lisa at: "jo-@majda.net"
or visit their website at: "http://www.majda.net/"

***
Fort Delaware Ghost Lantern History Tour
Aug 29th, Friday, 7 p.m.
Delaware City, Delaware
With author Ed Okonowicz
For more info call: 302 834-7941

***
SEPTEMBER

West Virginia State Penitentiary Ghost Hunt
Sept 12th
Moundsville, West Virginia

For more info contact John or Lisa at: “jo-@majda.net"
or visit their website at: "http://www.majda.net/"

***
Fort Delaware Ghost Lantern History Tour
Sept 12th, Friday, 7 p.m.
Delaware City, Delaware
With author Ed Okonowicz
For more info call: 302 834-7941

***
Fort Delaware Ghost Lantern History Tour
Sept 19th, Friday, 7 p.m.
Delaware City, Delaware
With author Ed Okonowicz
For more info call: 302 834-7941

***
Mid-South Paranormal Convention
September 27th & 28th 2003
EXPO FIVE 2900
2900 South 7th Street
Louisville, KY
For more information or if you are interested in renting a booth please
call Keith at (502) 636-3532 or email Lisa at
"mailto:myshado-@yahoo.com"
The Louisville Ghost Hunters Society invites you to it's second annual
Mid-South Paranormal Convention
Special Guests and Speakers will be:
Troy Taylor, famed author of more than 27 books, ghost hunter and
President of the American Ghost Society .
Kriss Stephens, Paranormal Investigator for MTV'S FEAR.
David Goodwin, author of "Ghosts of Jefferson Barracks" AGS
Represenative for St. Louis, and a member of the Ghost Research Society.

Dr. Alan Brown, author of "Shadows and Cypress" and Professor of English
at University of West Alabama

Others to be announced
We will have plenty of booths on all subjects of the paranormal,
including tarot cards, psychics, jewerly, ghost equipment
demonstrations, photos, and much more. We also have a special ghost
hunters event lined up just for Sunday evening. Watch
"http://www.louisvilleghs.com/" for all the updates.

___________

TOURS & SHOWS
___________

Gettysburg Civil War Era Theater is a live, one man show featuring a
Civil War Era Magic Show, an "old timer" who talks about life as a
civilian in Gettysburg at the time of the great battle and shares some
of the more popular ghost stories which have been associated with the
town and concludes with a theatrical recreation of a civil war era
seance.
The program has been skillfully choreographed by magician, actor &
author Joe Kerrigan to be educational as well as entertaining.
Affordably priced for the entire family tickets are $17.95 for Adults,
$10.95 12 and under. Shows nightly at 7:00PM.
Best Inn
301 Steinwehr Ave.
Gettysburg, Pa.
(717) 642-9215
Website: http://civilwartheater.com

***
Downtown Orlando Florida
8pm EVERY Saturday
90 minute lantern lead walking tours of historic downtown Orlando. Cost
is $10 per person. Orlando's ORIGINAL Ghost Tour departs from
Guinevere's Coffeehouse (on the corner of Pine and Magnolia).
Website: http://www.orlandohauntings.com
Email: Webma-@Orlandohauntings.com
Phone: 407-992-1200

***
Simply Spooky! (tm)
200 years in 2 hours!
Join us on this Ghostly Ghost Walk and Tour of the Historic Town of
Burlington, Ontario (Canada) where we explore 200 years of history in 2
hours. Informative, educational and accurate accounts of the history
makers from early 1700's to the present. Conducted by Patrick Cross,
Canada's top ghost researcher.
2003 Season is June 1st - November 10th
Cost: $10.00 for adults, $2.00 for children 10-16 years of age.
Email: sci-@globalserve.net
Website: http://www.globalserve.net/~scifi/latestnews.htm
Phone: 416-201-4670

***
Haunts of the World's Most Famous Beach
Daytona Beach Florida
7:30pm EVERY Thursday-Sunday
We offer three different 90 minute lantern lead walking tours of
historic downtown Daytona Beach and Deland:

The Original Ghost Walk departs from the northwest corner of Main St &
Peninsula Dr. (Friday & Saturday)

The Riverfront Park Walk departs from the northeast corner of Orange
Ave. & Beach St. (Thursday & Sunday)

The Deland Ghost Walk departs from the corner of Woodland Blvd. &
Indiana Ave. (Friday &Saturday)

Cost is$8.00 per person. Proceeds from these tours help benefit our
research and our two cemetery preservation & restoration projects. This
is the first ghost tour in Florida that is owned and operated by a
certified ghost hunter and active certified paranormal researcher.
Website: http://www.hauntsofdaytona.com
Email: hauntsof-@aol.com
Phone: (386) 253-6034

____________

INTERNET RADIO PROGRAMS:
____________

The "Exploring Unexplained Phenomena" radio program is on KZUM 89.3 FM,
Lincoln, NE, and has been on-air every Saturday morning since 1984, 10 -
11:30 am Central Time. The station phone number during the program only:
402-474-5086. The host is Scott H. Colborn, Email:
kcol-@inebraska.com
Website is: http://www.thewayhomestore.com

***
Jeff Rense: Listen at : http://www.sightings.com/
Mon. - Fri. at 7pm to 10 pm Pacific time
Sat. at 9pm to 3am Pacific time
Sun. at 8pm to 11pm Pacific time

***
http://www.pawebcast.cc/

Live every Wednesdays from 8 to 9pm EST.
Listen at:
http://www.pawebcast.com/visions/visions_from_the_other_side.htm

***
The Lou Gentile Show