Welcome Guest!
 Haunted Places
The haunted Places Report 01/04/04  Rev. Ron Beach
 Jan 04, 2004 15:23 PST

THE HAUNTED PLACES REPORT

Founded by: Dennis William Hauck
Edited by: Rev. Ronald E. Beach
Email: Edi-@haunted-places.com
Website: http://www.Haunted-Places.com

editor.

01/04/04

_____________

FROM THE EDITOR
_____________

Please visit our website at: Haunted-Places.com and let us know your
thoughts & comments. Anything you like to see added to the site? All
items should be emailed to us at: Webma-@haunted-places.com

______________

LETTERS TO THE EDITOR
_____________

We invite your letters to the editor. Tell us how you feel about things
in the newsletter or in the ghost hunting community. All letters must be
accompanied by an email address so other readers can respond to you.

***
From: songs-@hotmail.com

I am writing in response to grvrobber1's request for haunted places in
Ohio. About 5 years ago, my husband and I stopped for the night at The
Comfort Inn North hotel, located at 500 N. Trimble Rd, Mansfield, Ohio.
(just off the interstate).
I can't remember our room number, but at some point in the middle of
the night, I was awakened. I couldn't put my finger on what had made me
wake, and as I was lying there, I distinctly felt someone sit down on my
side of the bed, and even felt the bed depress next to me! We had left
the bathroom light on and I could clearly see that there was nobody (at
least physically) there! As I continued to lie there, with my heart
pounding in my ears, I began to feel silly and decided that I must have
imagined it. Just as I was closing my eyes to go back to sleep, I felt
my side of the bed rise, as if the "someone" who had sat down, suddenly
got up off of the bed. Needless to say, I didn't sleep the rest of the
night.
The next morning, while checking out, I questioned the front desk clerk
about a ghost & she looked at me as if I were nuts. I'd love to hear if
anyone knows anything about this location, as I've been unable to find
anything about any pertinent history of the hotel or the land.

_________________

ANNOUNCEMENTS
_________________

There is a new poll on the SPIRITS site. Check it out at the bottom of:
"http://centralflghosts.homestead.com/home.html"
Take the time to vote!

Also, this month's featured article is Oak Moss Drive...dreams and
ghosts, ghosts and dreams...are the two dissimilar? Find out:
"http://centralflghosts.homestead.com/Oakmoss.html"

***
I’m embarking on my fifth book for Lone Pine Publishing (Ghost House
Books) and this one is a little more challenging to research than my
past books on ghost stories. They have commissioned me to collect true
stories of people’s encounters with guardian angels or spirits. Ideally,
these are personal stories, which is why they are more difficult to
find.
If you have a story, or know of a family member or friend who has an
encounter that they would share, please let me know or forward this
message onward. I can guarantee anonymity for anyone who feels
uncomfortable having their name printed – that’s no problem. My email is
"mez-@telus.net". I will need to contact sources to confirm the
information, so if you are sending a third person account, please also
include an email address or phone number for follow up.

Thanks very much for your help!
Susan Smitten

_______________

FEATURE STORY
_______________

Discussion on EVP
By: David Ring
Email: davi-@earthlink.net

I have recently heard anecdotal material that would indicate it
is possible to hold extended conversations with ghostly image
figures seem to be as solid and real as fleshly human beings. Paul
Devereux tells the story of a man who had a pleasant social conversation
with a ghost that inhabited a house he was visiting. Art Bell /Coast to
Coast had a show some time ago where a woman told a fascinating story
about the ghost of a drowned man who came to comfort her son while they
were on a camping/fishing trip.
It has indicated that from time to time the EVP voices will either
answer specific questions that you ask or make a comment relating to
some topic of conversation you might be having while you are making
recordings. More often than not the EVP material represents some sort of
emotional outburst or comment about the individual's situation/condition
on the other side.
Depending on whether you are simply recording some kind of residual
impressions embedded in your surroundings or the emanations of an
intelligent interactive deceased individual you have the potential of
being able to have a dialogue with the source of the EVP. In the former
case you don't in the latter case you do. In most cases though you only
record one or at most two EVPs from the same voice in the same place and
they may or may not relate to the topic of a coherent dialogue. So in my
view EVPs are more like brief sonic photos of some past event than the
basis for any kind of telephonic communication. The process of
collecting the EVPs is part of the problem because one doesn't know that
one has captured an EVP until sometime after the event. If a read head
were placed in series with the write head on you recorder and the signal
was immediately run through your cleanup software with the result being
immediately played back through earphones or a speaker THEN there might
be a better shot at developing a possible dialogue... depending on what
you are interacting with during the EVP collection.
Note that for the most part where the televisions psychics appear to
be presentating communications from those who have passed the
communication seems to flow mostly in one direction....from the other
side through the sensitive to the audience/individual. The same also
appears to be true for EVP. A question arises as to what kind of
additional energy or other parameters are necessary to enable the more
intense forms of ghostly experience to occur...as in, those that seem
more like everyday life?
Also EVP seem to be very short. What is the longest EVP that you have
uncovered to date? What is the typical length or average length? The
suggestion has always been that it is difficult to communicate from the
other side and that it takes a lot of "energy" which is why the
encounters, sonic or visual, are always so brief. What if that is not
the correct model and there is really some other reason? For example if
one has a drawing of a location there is a certain amount of information
represented in the drawing in symbolic fashion. If one has a photograph
of a location there is usually more information than in the drawing, but
again there is a finite amount of data recorded in that medium. If one
were to take a holographic photographic or a 3 dimensional photograph,
there would be additional information captured and so on up to the full
blown reality. Possibly, the medium that holds the "ghostly impressions"
of human activity in any give location ( and we see that ghostly
activity may not necessarily be limited to a location since the witness
may carry the seeds of a ghostly experience within himself) is limited
in the amount of data it can collect and once that data is represented
to an observer in whatever fashion there is no more information
available to be gathered or "interacted with." So most ghostly
experiences are like "selected short subjects" rather than feature
length films.
This 'recorded data base model' of ghostly experience may account
for the patterns where ghostly interactions tend to occur in the same
place over time and often with the same person. Quite often the range of
experience is either repeated or tends to be limited in its
variation.

____________

SEEKING INFORMATION
___________

email the senders.

***
From: "AbcCA-@aol.com"

Could you please help me find a haunted location within Lancashire, as
a party of around 30 people wanted to spend an evening there in
September. I have already tried Chingle Hall but they cant accommodate
30 people wondered if you could help.

(Editor’s note: I assume this is from Great Briton)

***
From Trevor at: trevor.-@optusnet.com.au

Could you please advise if you have any information regarding haunted
places in Australia, or if any other correspondence has been received
from Australia.

___________

TRUE STORIES
___________

From: jeda-@telusplanet.net"

I grew up in a small town in Alberta, Canada. I was always skeptical
about ghosts, paranormal, and the likes. But I would still help my
friends hold séances and talk about ghost stories and urban legends. It
was fun …. until I had a couple of encounters myself. And they were not
pleasant encounters either!!!
The house I grew up in has no stories or the land around it has none
either that I know of. It was a new house when we moved into it, in a
new area of town. When I was in grade seven, my best friend, Erin and I
threw a slumber party, asking all the girls in the seventh grade to
come. At this slumber party we decided to tell ghost stories. Erin, and
I made up this ghost story to really freak everyone out. We said that
when my house was being built, a name named Henry died during the
construction to a violet act. And to cover up their crimes, the men that
murdered him buried his body in the concrete and he was still buried in
the basement to this day. Being young, and believing everything,
everyone believed us!! They were all a little freaked to know that they
were sleeping ‘on the spot where he was buried’. Anyway, we all went to
bed that night, three on the bed and eight on the floor. My basement is
a big open floor plan, so you can see all corners from the bed. There
was only one room, a furnace room, which held the furnace & freezer.
Anyway, it must have been 3 in the morning, when one of the girls was
screaming, waking all of us up! She said she saw something in the corner
of the room, adjacent to where she was sleeping. It was a white glow,
with purple to it. She couldn’t make it out but she sensed it was evil.
By then all the other girls jumped on the bed, and tried to go back to
sleep. My friend and I went to sleep easily, thinking she was just
trying to scare us. Then about an hour later, two other girls screamed.
Amanda said something grabbed her ankle, and Jennifer said something
grabbed her arm. Both girls had red marks on them from whatever grabbed
them. Needless to say, everyone moved upstairs, where we slept on the
living room floor. I never really thought about it again. Thinking it
was just the girls trying to scare me.
When I was 16 years old, in grade 10, I had another experience. I have
no idea what happened, but I am pretty sure now that the girls at the
slumber party in grade seven were telling the truth. I was having a
sleep over with two of my best pals. Erin and Becky. We watched sappy
movies, talked about boys and school, in the basement. Erin and I were
laughing about how we freaked everyone out in grade seven about ‘Henry’.
Becky laughed about it too, even though she hadn’t been there. We
eventually turned off the light and went to sleep. Later, about 3:30 am,
Becky woke me up, shaking me hard, and whispered that there was
something in the corner of the basement. I opened my eyes, and
immediately was filled with fear. I could not move and I could not
scream. Something was standing in the corner, looking at us; I was tall,
with whitish mist around it and purple hue to it too. I shook Erin
awake, and the three of us lay on the floor, close together, shivering.
Afterwards, we all mentioned we were frozen, literally paralyzed and
could not move, even if we wanted too. I managed to yelled out, “F&$
you!” and whatever it was faded away. As soon as it was gone, the three
of us jumped and ran upstairs!
Now, you think it’s over… well its not. The reason why I told you I
yelled at the misty figure is because I think I made it mad, and it came
back to get even with me.
I was sleeping soundly in my room about two weeks later. It was a school
night, so I went to bed early. I remember I was having a dream, which I
was struggling with something I could not see. I could actually feel
myself swinging my arms. Then something put ‘its’ hand around my throat
and started choking me. I woke up and found I could not breath.
Something was choking me!! I couldn’t breath; I was swinging my arms
trying to protect myself, when this ‘thing’ started lifting me off the
bed. I really thought I was going to die; I kicked my legs hard and
managed to knock over my bedside lamp, making a huge crashing noise. My
parents heard this, and I could hear them both running down the stairs,
their bedroom is on the top floor, mine was on the main. Anyway,
whatever had me, dropped me and let go of my throat. My parents rushed
in and when my mom saw me she started crying. My neck was all red and
bruised, in the shape of a handprint, from whatever was grabbing me, my
stomach and back had scratches all over them. My parents put me in the
spare bedroom and later that week put the house up for sale. According
to them, this had happened before, to my brother. My brother is much
older than me and was in college. At the time, my parents had thought,
he might have done it to himself, but after they saw me, and the
injuries I suffered, they sold the house!
If anyone has had an experience like this, please email me. It was a
horrifying experience that I never talked about to anyone, except my
parents.

UPCOMING EVENTS

No listings for this month.