Welcome Guest!
 Haunted Places
The haunted Places Report 02/15/04  Rev. Ron Beach
 Feb 15, 2004 09:21 PST

THE HAUNTED PLACES REPORT

Founded by: Dennis William Hauck
Edited by: Rev. Ronald E. Beach
Email: Edi-@haunted-places.com
Website: http://www.Haunted-Places.com

editor.

02/15/04

_____________

FROM THE EDITOR
_____________

Please visit our website at: Haunted-Places.com and let us know your
thoughts & comments. Anything you like to see added to the site? All
items should be emailed to us at: Webma-@haunted-places.com

***
Hi everyone. Here is another issue of the Report. Once the weather gets
warmer up North here and more people get active again with their ghost
hunting we’ll we going back to a weekly format. Please be sure to keep
us informed of all your upcoming ghost hunts!

______________

LETTERS TO THE EDITOR
_____________

We invite your letters to the editor. Tell us how you feel about things
in the newsletter or in the ghost hunting community. All letters must be
accompanied by an email address so other readers can respond to you.

_____________

ANNOUNCEMENTS
_________________

I’m embarking on my fifth book for Lone Pine Publishing (Ghost House
Books) and this one is a little more challenging to research than my
past books on ghost stories. They have commissioned me to collect true
stories of people’s encounters with guardian angels or spirits. Ideally,
these are personal stories, which is why they are more difficult to
find.
If you have a story, or know of a family member or friend who has an
encounter that they would share, please let me know or forward this
message onward. I can guarantee anonymity for anyone who feels
uncomfortable having their name printed – that’s no problem. My email is
"mez-@telus.net". I will need to contact sources to confirm the
information, so if you are sending a third person account, please also
include an email address or phone number for follow up.

Thanks very much for your help!
Susan Smitten

***
From: Brandy at: puggodd-@yahoo.com

I have finally gotten to update the SPIRITS site for this month.
We have a new investigation listed for 80th Ave., and this month's
article is The Angel Cabaret. We have a new poll on the main site, too,
so be sure to scroll down and take a look.
"http://centralflghosts.homestead.com/home.html"

***
From: jbfr-@juno.com

Hello, my name is Joanna B. Fry, Ph.D., and I would like to thank you
for the newsletter. I am a writer, consultant, and speaker as well as a
professional professional psychic and researcher of paranormal activity.
I would like to alert you to an annual event that is held in San
Antonio, Texas at the historic Menger Hotel ( the oldest continuously
operating hotel west of the Mississippi River.) The Menger is populated
with numerous ghosts of both high and low positions when they were
living in the flesh. I am sure you are aware of this haunted hotel.
On May 21-23 the Menger will be the site of the International Ghost
Disclosure Gathering. There will be internationally know speakers and
psychics speaking on the 22nd of May. This is an informative, reputable
group that some of your people might enjoy. For further information you
may contact the director, Ernesto Malacara, Public Relations Director at
the Menger and founder of GDG, or you may contact me for more
information.

***
From: Cassie at: jeremies-@hotmail.com"

There is a hotel in Mineral Wells, Texas that for a while was the
vacation spot for many stars. It is said to be haunted by the ghost of a
boy who was cut in half by the service elevator and the mistress of the
hotel owner who lived in the penthouse suite. You should definitely
check it out, not only is it haunted by these two particular ghosts, but
there have been several people who have seen spirits in other rooms of
the hotel, particularly the indoor pool which was filled with the
"healing water" that mineral wells was famous for at the time.

***
Ghosts, Hauntings, Spirits and the Paranormal Online Community is
hosting a not-for-profit two day spring paranormal get together and
ghostly getaway in Southwestern Pennsylvania, Saturday, April 24, thru
Sunday, April 25, 2004. Day one's activities include lunch and dinner in
haunted restaurants, with the option to stay overnight at a haunted bed
and breakfast. Day two includes professional tours and ghost hunts of
haunted locations, with the possibility of a seance as well. Whether
you're a hardcore ghost hunter or just simply interested by the
paranormal, you will want to be a part of this! If interested, more
information is available at
"http://www.ghostchatter.com/gettogether.html"

***
You are cordially invited to visit the ISPR Booth, located just inside
the main Exhibit Hall entrance of the Los Angeles Convention Center,
during the very first Paranormal World's Fair - ParaWorldExpo '04
(October 21 - October 24, 2004). For more info visit:
http://www.ParaWorldExpo.Com
You are also invited to attend an exclusive screening of the
Award-Winning documentaries, ISPR Investigates Ghosts of England and
ISPR Investigates Ghosts of Belgrave Hall, followed by a Q & A session
(ISPR Reps TBA). Special screenings of the upcoming ISPR documentary
series, New Orleans Rich & Haunted, will also include
Q & A sessions.

***
My name is Kenneth Rathburn. I am the webmaster for:
http://www.geocities.com/bmore_ghosts I have designed this site to
document all happenings at the Potapsco Female Institute, in Ellicott
City, Maryland.

***
From: Sonja at: angelg-@hotmail.com
Came across your site and thought you would be interested in two well
known places that are definitely haunted. Both are in Calgary, Alberta.
The first is The Deane House near the Fort Calgary site.
( http://www.fortcalgary.com/deane.shtml ).There was a murder/suicide
here and the blood stain in the upstairs room(in the closet) is still
there even after many attempts to remove it. They have even said that it
changes in size and in color. I've been to this room and find it very
unsettling.
The second is at Heritage Park.
( http://www.heritagepark.ca/visitor.htm ). The Prince House, the
Canmore Opera House and the Wainwright Hotel are all said to be haunted.

***
From: Scott Colborn at: kcol-@inebraska.com
Here is a "beginning" resource list, initially consisting of website
addresses of some of the people who have been guests on my "E.U.P."
radio program. I receive periodic updates from each of them and want you
to also be aware of their work. In most cases at the websites below you
can sign up to receive information from each of them in the form of
newsletters or periodic e-mails.

1) Donna Seebo:
"http://www.delphiinternational.com"
Donna does a daily radio program and can take calls from anywhere. She
will do a mini-reading for you as part of that call to her radio
program. Information on Donna, her radio program and her work at the
site above as well as how you can sign up for her free newsletter.

2) Patti Conklin:
"http://www.patticonklin.com"
Patti does a Tuesday evening internet radio program - see her website
above for details, and on her work and interests, and classes and events
she conducts and for newsletter info.

3) George Filer:
"http://www.georgefiler.com"
George is the East Coast Mutual UFO Network co-ordinator and about once
a week he puts out a summary of sightings and current reports. Very
interesting reading - sign up on his website for the e-mailed
newsletter.

4) Rev. Ron Beach:
"http://www.Haunted-Places.com"
Rev. Beach puts out the periodic "Haunted Places" report. You can e-mail
him at Edi-@haunted-places.com" and ask to be put on the list to
receive this free periodic e-mailed report.

I'll add to this resource list as time goes by. If you don't see your
website here (and if you are a past guest on the "E.U.P." program), it's
not meant as a slight to you. More will be added as time goes by.
Meanwhile, happy surfing!
More great guests coming up on the "Exploring Unexplained Phenomena"
program that I host Saturdays, 10 - 11:30 am Central Time. You can tell
your friends anywhere in the world to listen via the internet at
"http://www.kzum.org" . Thank you for the great comments the last 3
weeks or so on the guests and the program content. I appreciate you
listening!

***
From: mark.wr-@ntlworld.com

I represent a small UK based group called Ghost Hunters. We have just
got our site up & running at "http://www.ghost-hunters.org.uk" . We need
to generate some traffic to our website & wondered if you would be able
to add us to your links page, of course, we will return the favour once
our links page has been uploaded to the website.

_______________

FEATURE STORY
_______________

(Editor’s note: I found this some where on the internet years ago.
Thought you’d enjoy reading it.)

Actual epitaphs from grave stones ...

Lester Moore was a Wells, Fargo Co. station agent for Naco, Arizona in
the cowboy days of the 1880's. He's buried in the Boot Hill Cemetery in
Tombstone, Arizona:
Here lies Lester Moore
Four slugs from a .44
No Les No More.

In a Georgia cemetery:
"I told you I was sick!"

Playing with names in a Ruidoso, New Mexico, cemetery:
Here lies
Johnny Yeast
Pardon me
For not rising.

Memory of an accident in a Uniontown, Pennsylvania cemetery:
Here lies the body
of Jonathan Blake
Stepped on the gas
Instead of the brake.

In a Silver City, Nevada, cemetery:
Here lays Butch,
We planted him raw.
He was quick on the trigger,
But slow on the draw.

In a Thurmont, Maryland, cemetery:
Here lies an Atheist
All dressed up
And no place to go.

In a London, England cemetery:
Ann Mann
Here lies Ann Mann,
Who lived an old maid
But died an old Mann.
Dec. 8, 1767

In a Ribbesford, England, cemetery:
Anna Wallace
The children of Israel wanted bread
And the Lord sent them manna,
Old clerk Wallace wanted a wife,
And the Devil sent him Anna.

A lawyer's epitaph in England:
Sir John Strange
Here lies an honest lawyer,
And that is Strange.

On Margaret Daniels grave at Hollywood Cemetery Richmond, Virginia:
She always said her feet were killing her
but nobody believed her.

Anna Hopewell's grave in Enosburg Falls, Vermont has an epitaph that
sounds like something from a Three Stooges movie:
Here lies the body of our Anna
Done to death by a banana
It wasn't the fruit that laid her low
But the skin of the thing that made her go.

Someone in Winslow, Maine didn't like Mr. Wood:
In Memory of Beza Wood
Departed this life
Nov. 2, 1837
Aged 45 yrs.
Here lies one Wood
Enclosed in wood
One Wood
Within another.
The outer wood
Is very good:
We cannot praise
The other.

On a grave from the 1880's in Nantucket, Massachusetts:
Under the sod and under the trees
Lies the body of Jonathan Pease.
He is not here, there's only the pod:
Pease shelled out and went to God.

Harry Edsel Smith of Albany, New York:
Born 1903--Died 1942
Looked up the elevator shaft to see if
the car was on the way down. It was.

Someone determined to be anonymous in Stowe, Vermont:
I was somebody.
Who, is no business
Of yours.

____________

SEEKING INFORMATION
___________

email the senders.

***
From: cybercow-@hotmail.com"

I was wondering if you had anything about places in Utah being haunted?

***
From: Natalie at: Mghty-@aol.com

Came across a site about a house on "H" street in Sacramento, Ca.
reportedly haunted, however now unable to find which site it was and
did not write the address of the house. Was interested in taking a few
shots of the property to see what haunts there I can entice for a photo
shot or two. If anyone has any information about this house please let
me know.

***
My name is Thomas D'Agostino. I have written stories for the
newsletter in the past.
I am looking for anyone who receives your newsletter that might have
knowledge of any haunted places in Rhode Island as I am finishing a book
on the haunts of the state.
Although I have tons of places I would like to be as thorough as
possible. I hope you could send the message out in your next
newsletter. My e-mail address is ramt-@aol.com

***
From: Nick at: Drave-@aol.com

I’m trying to do some research to shed some light on an unusual
occurrence. Has anyone ever heard of unusual/possibly paranormal
occurrences in Cobble Hill, Brooklyn, NY? Specifically, Verandah Place,
Henry Street or the intersection of the two?
Many thanks for any info you could provide!

***
Hi there, I am hoping that you can help me. My husband and I saw a show
on TV last October, haunted hotels or something, on the travel channel
and they did a story on the Mt. Washington Resort/Hotel in New
Hampshire. We loved the look of the hotel and decided it would be
interesting to go there and see if we find anything interesting.
Unfortunately, the travel channel website doesn't list that program or
its contents anymore, and I've come across very few bits of information
about this hotel.
The Shadowlands Ghosts and Hauntings website had a haunted places index
and lists a very tiny bit of information, but oddly enough none of what
they list was included in the TV show. I also purchased the Haunted
Places National Directory listed on your website (the book I got months
ago, the website I found today accidentally!) and I cant remember as of
right now if there was anything at all written in the book about the
hotel. If there was, it isn't of great depth, or else I wouldn't be
sending out this email! I've sent out numerous other emails to various
websites, and those gracious enough to get back to me, all basically
said that they didn't know anything at all, but want to hear back if we
encounter anything.
I am just wondering if you possibly have any information on this hotel
that may be of use to me when I go there. Any information you have, or
could give, would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.
Krista Faria
kfa-@rwmc.org

***
From: Barbara at: barb-@bostonpost.com

Is there any haunted places in my area ? I live in NH near Litchfeild
and Londenderry and Derry.

***
I am looking for information on the haunt at the Grand
Opera House in Oshkosh Wisconsin. Actually any
haunted locations in Wisconsin would be helpful.
Thanks,
Rachel
msghost-@yahoo.com

***
From: Brandy at: puggodd-@yahoo.com

Hey, all...wondering if anyone knew of any reliable and academic sources
on animal consciousness/animal mind? I am going to do my paper for the
Phi./Metaphysics on the animal mind, and then branch it out to include
animal ghosts.

___________

TRUE STORIES
___________

From: Cantp-@aol.com

One night while trying to fall asleep I spotted a small, round, bright
light on my bedroom ceiling. I thought it might be a reflection of the
street light that was out side my bed room window on to my make up
mirror on the floor of my bedroom. I took my hand and waved it over the
mirror and nothing happened. About 2 to 3 days later, again at night, I
was going to sleep when i felt something get into bed with me. I felt a
body lie down with me and I thought it was my cat who like to sleep with
me but when i looked around my cat was no where to be found and the
pressure was also gone. To this day i think it was my mother who had
pass away a few years earlier.

UPCOMING EVENTS

No Listing this month.