Welcome Guest!
 Haunted Places
The Haunted-Places Report 05/08/2005  Rev. Ron Beach
 May 08, 2006 16:19 PDT

THE HAUNTED PLACES REPORT

Founded by: Dennis William Hauck
Edited by: Rev. Ronald E. Beach
Email: Edi-@haunted-places.com
Website: http://www.Haunted-Places.com

editor.

05/08/06

_____________

FROM THE EDITOR
_____________

Please visit our website at: Haunted-Places.com and let us know your
thoughts & comments. Anything you like to see added to the site? All
items should be emailed to us at: Webma-@haunted-places.com

******
With the upcoming spring and summer everyone’s ghost hunting
activities are going to start increasing. We’re hoping to start
receiving enough info to once again publish the newsletter on a weekly
basis.
Please let us know about your groups upcoming 2006 ghost hunts /
events so we can post them in the newsletter and on the website.
Information can be sent to: edi-@haunted-places.com

_______________

ANNOUNCEMENTS
_______________

I would like for the public to know that the Maryland Paranormal
Research Team will be filming a documentary about Ghost road in Chase
Md. The filming will start the 2nd week of June. We are seeking those
who would be interested in sharing a story, photo's, or an experience
that they have encountered at Ghost Road. They can contact founder Dave
Weigert @ mpr-@yahoo.com

_______________

FEATURE STORY
_______________

Williams House Investigation
By: Brandy Stark

Williams House in St. Petersburg is a historic registry home moved to
USF and converted into office space.

Oct. 14, 2005
Waxing Moon to full
Present: Sudsy (who left after letting us in), Kate (student), and
myself

Notes:
Building surrounded by power lines, cable lines reported to be running
up trees and in the far side of the house. A/C on in building.
History: Williams House is allegedly haunted by Alma Ward Flint, the
late mother in law of John Williams (via his second wife, Sara). John
William helped to found St. Petersburg and is the builder of the Detroit
Hotel. He talked Peter Demens into coming to St. Petersburg, and
bringing the railways with him.
Born in Detroit, Michigan, Williams was married to two women. He
divorced his first wife, who was not happy in Florida. His second wife,
Sara, loved Florida. She was known as a good woman who improved the
town. Though she remarried (Capt. James Armistead – who became mayor of
St. Petersburg) when Sara died, she was buried next to her beloved John.
(Incidentally, John also ran for mayor of St. Petersburg but failed to
get the position. Why? He favored leaving bars open during the height of
the temperance movement in St. Petersburg. His temperance-supporting
opponent won).
Sudsy gave us both more information on the history of the Williams home
– dates and details, including John’s move back to the home in 1891, and
his death a year later. Could he also haunt the house?
Sudsy toured us through a bit, leaving us at the 3rd floor to
investigate. We started around 6:45 p.m. I did ask the entity to
interact with us nicely on both the second and third floors, and the
second floor balcony.

3rd Floor:
1.2 – 1.4 base EMF
Temp: 85 degrees
Slight EMF flux of .2 - .4, small sporadic spikes with EMF rising about
.6th of a point.

One image of the room showed a very bright white orb, with striation.
Multiple pictures in the area could not duplicate the orb. Is it a
possible light refraction? Again, other images show the flash reflected
in the window, but no orbs.
Kate took some images of the cubby area and later told me she “felt
something” there.
Cubby temperature was 88 degrees, with small spikes of EMF.
Heading down the stairs I had a strange phenomena. Kate went down first.
As I walked down, taking pictures (I remembered getting orbs there the
last time I was in Williams House). In the middle of the stairwell, my
digital camera began to whine. This camera has NEVER ever done this. Nor
have any of the 12 other digital cameras I’ve owned. It sounded as if it
was going to explode. I quickly shut it off.
Images coming down the stairwell include several sets of multi-orb
images. One orb appears to be a double orb, unlike one I’ve seen before.
I am unsure if these are dust orbs (light and scattered) or something
more.
Temperature in the hall was 78 degrees, as a/c from the second floor
drifted up through the door opening into the heated area upstairs.
Reaching downstairs, Kate said that she had just seen something that she
described as a mist image. I asked her if she was sensitive and she said
that she had been told she was, but hadn’t really tried it before. We
took multiple images of the areas, but to no result.

2nd Floor:

I again asked the entity to interact with us in a friendly manner. As
soon as I said that, I heard a noise coming from one of the offices
behind us. Went in to check it out and found nothing. (Infrared Video
used).
EMF was decreased on the 2nd floor, though Sudsy had told us that she
thought there would be more activity on the 2nd floor than on the third
floor. It was the area of former occupant’s living quarters.
EMF read 1.6 on average. A/C was turned on the second floor negating
temperature readings (73 – 77 degrees)
We walked through the offices of the area taking readings but there
were no unusual variations in the area. We opted to take pictures in the
area where Kate saw the mist. In taking her picture, my camera shut down
telling me that the batteries were depleted. However, when we moved out
of that area, the camera worked normally and took another 35 to 50 shots
without giving any warning of depletion or power failures.
We attempted 1 Polaroid image, which worked out to be too dark to see
anything (unusual for this camera, which, when used later in similar
lighting, took a decent picture of the stairwell leading to the first
floor).
We went to the back porch and took more images (one former employee
reported seeing the glider rocking and claimed that “Alma” stayed out
there with her). We had no results. EMF was 1.2 as a base and it was 82
degrees outside.
We finished at 7:45 p.m. Kate went to get Sudsy while I packed up my
equipment. I did take several more photos (including the second Polaroid
picture). One image produced a light but large orb with striation. It is
too light to see clearly, and almost appears to be a double orb image.
It is rounder than the orb upstairs, but, again, there is a light source
outside reflecting in. It could be light refraction.
Overall results: I did take multiple images of the 3rd floor stairwell.
I had some images without orbs (included one, which I lightened to
verify there were no orbs present). Two images did have orbs. The other
8 did not. We had the two orb images, 1 on the 3rd floor, 1 on the 1st
floor, but it is hard to determine if these are naturally produced.
EVP: Nothing. Session ended at 7:44 p.m. Though I attempted a video
record of the EVP, the session did not record on video.
Video: I noted that the video had problems focusing in the offices. It’s
possible that the windows with varying light sources were the reason for
the camera’s fuzziness. However, it went in and out of focus with or
without the window present.
I also left the camera on while we went outside to investigate the
porch. In the images, one can see slight movement of handles on the desk
across from the camera as they move – a/c breeze or ground vibration.
However, there appears to be no other phenomena recorded.

Conclusion:

What surprised me most were 1) My digital camera’s whining sound. It
has not done this since I’ve been home to use it. 2) The batteries
depleting then the camera working for the rest of the night, taking more
images than it could have on depleted batteries (with flash).The area of
depletion is also an area where the Polaroid failed to work, and where
Kate saw the mist.

____________

SEEKING INFORMATION
___________

email the senders.

___________

TRUE EXPERIENCES

From: cowgi-@sbcglobal.net

In Victoryville there is Calico Ghost Town they say at night you can
see people, from back in the mining days, walking up and down the
street. You can ride a train though the mines, and they now have a night
tours to go though the town to see ghosts. They say you can hear people
and dance hall girls laughing and talking in the saloon. I live in
Tehachapi which is about 2 hours from Calico. the Knott's Berry farm
family owed this from way back. The town has been there since 1785.