Welcome Guest!
 Haunted Places
Tha Haunted-Places Report 11/19/2006  Rev. Ron Beach
 Nov 19, 2006 16:04 PST

THE HAUNTED PLACES REPORT
"Some things exist whether you believe in them or not!"

Founded by: Dennis William Hauck
Edited by: Ronald E. Beach
Email: Edi-@haunted-places.com
Website: http://www.Haunted-Places.com

editor.

11/19/06

_____________

FROM THE EDITOR
_____________

Please visit our website at: Haunted-Places.com and let us know your
thoughts & comments. Anything you like to see added to the site? All
items should be emailed to us at: Web-@haunted-places.com

*****
Greetings to all our subscribers,

I think we are finally getting enough submissions that we can, at long
last, go back to being a weekly newsletter. As you can see there are
lots of items in this issue. We encourage everyone to send us stories,
upcoming events, news, or anything else that is ghost related.
If you have a group that is not listed in the Haunted-Places State by
State listing we invited you to submit your group to:
Webma-@haunted-places.com

________________________

LETTERS TO THE EDITOR
________________________

Hi Ron,

I'm working on a documentary show for A&E Network featuring Penn
State's nationally recognized Paranormal Research Group. Our show
features the student group helping out families who are experiencing
paranormal activity and don't know where else to turn.
I thought you might get emails or requests that come in from time to
time with similar problems.
I was wondering if you would mind letting me know if you've met any
people or families like this who need help.

Best Regards,
Drew Brown
Producer, A & E's "Dead Time"
Email: dbrow-@earthlink.net

Editor’s Note: I told Drew I would publish his request in the
newsletter. Anyone in need of assistance or knowing of someone who does,
please email Drew.

******
Hi Ron and Dennis:

Could you post our new TV show in your newsletter and on your website?
Cindy Corriveau; Author and historian and Nancy Krissoff of
Interdimensional Investigations broadcasting original television show
called Ghost Chat New England: History, Mystery, Legends and Ghosts out
of Adelphia Channel 14 Norwich CT. They will be broadcasting out of
Groton and New Haven CT areas in the near future.
See their website for more information. www.freewebs.com/ghostlady40

Sincerely,
Cindy and Nancy

******
Hello Folks,

If you have a few friends who would be interested, perhaps we should
consider doing another "Ghosts of Lincoln" (Nebraska) bus tour this
winter. This title has been suggested: The "Dead of Winter Ghost tour."
   If I have at least 30 people who respond, we could schedule a Tuesday
or Wednesday evening for a two-hour tour. Perhaps a January or February
event or two?
   If you would be interested, simply e-mail me at:
scottc-@inebraska.com and put "Ghosts of Lincoln" in the subject
line
It might be a cool gift this Holiday season to consider giving a gift
certificate good for a "Ghosts of Lincoln" tour as well - e-mail me for
details
   Should we fail to get the 30 people minimum, then I would return all
money to the ticket purchasers.
   Let me know via reply e-mail if you're interested. Talk it up at the
office or your social groups - we had a number of groups that had fun
doing the tours this fall.

All the best.
Walk in Beauty, Peace.
Scott Colborn

******
Dear Paranormal Community Members:

Greetings from ISIS Paranormal Investigations. Our team has decided
to launch a campaign against Paranormal Poetic License. Below is an
article about the use of poetic license in the act of representing
paranormal occurrences, either in written or visual format. Our team
believes that poetic license is not only unneeded, but it discredits the
real evidence researchers are discovering each day.
   We ask that you join us in our quest to end the use of poetic license
when reporting the paranormal! Included is a graphic "Say No to
Paranormal Poetic License!" We hope you will use the graphic to support
this extremely important cause. Let's work together, and finally get
the truth out there about paranormal occurrences!

Thanks so much for your time and consideration.
Dayna Winters
ISIS Paranormal Investigations
www.isisinvestigations.com

**************************************************************Paranormal
or Poetic License: Getting at the Truth about Paranormal Encounters

Have you ever watched a non-fiction or reality show about the
paranormal and believed all of the retelling or depictions to be true?
Think again. Believe it or not, what seems to be the case is usually
just the opposite. Unfortunately a little thing like poetic license
creeps into the picture, which either eliminates critical documentation
pertaining to the case or blows the story out of proportion. Why would
anyone bother with poetic license when it comes to talking about the
paranormal and paranormal research? Ratings, recognition, competition,
and, in some cases, for monetary reasons.
   Before we examine the issue of poetic license and its use in
paranormal documentation of any form, it is imperative that we note that
no one group from the paranormal community is being singled out, and
that this article is not an effort to defame, slander, ridicule or judge
any individual, group or organization. Rather, this article is
examining the use of poetic license only and questioning what place
poetic license has, if any, in the documentation of paranormal
encounters.
   It’s strange that so many paranormal investigators are striving to
find and reveal the truth about paranormal encounters to the public;
only to have the truth of the matter degraded by acts of poetic license.
Such acts totally defeat the original purpose and the public sees a
fluffed up version of paranormal instances instead of actual case facts.
The question arises why the retelling of paranormal encounters requires
poetic license at all. Aren’t paranormal encounters interesting enough
in their own right? We are dealing with the paranormal—the “beyond
normal” which should be intriguing enough in the mere accurate
retelling. In fact, even a little of bit paranormal activity on its
own, is incredible and miraculous.
   Poetic license is used to either add extraordinary descriptions to
something that is already extraordinary, or it is used to eliminate or
omit certain facts, either for the sake of time or page space. Further,
poetic license often results in elaborations that never really occurred;
instead the result is an ostentatious presentation of something that is
already incredible: an encounter that really requires no special effect
to be retold or to have an impact.
   Relying on poetic license to report paranormal encounters becomes an
act of trying to see the forest through the trees. The truth is there,
but it is buried under exaggerated, fantastical, and unneeded
elaboration. While paranormal encounters are very real, there is little
need to embellish the documentation in an effort to obtain ratings,
acknowledgement, or acclaim. In actuality, poetic license is ruining
the credibility of all paranormal investigators, their research, and
their findings. How can paranormal research ever be brought into a
serious light, when it is presented so light heartedly? How can the
truth ever be reasonably and effectually presented to the public when it
is shaded by special effects and inflated presentations?
   Sadly, seeing is not necessarily believing—real life cases are often
tainted by falsifications—falsifications, that are used to exaggerate
the truth. Inaccurate documentation, whether unintentional or
otherwise, really has no place in the representation of paranormal
encounters and makes it next to impossible for the truth to be revealed.
Isn’t that what we are all striving for? Isn’t that what the
paranormal community, as a whole, should be striving for? “The truth is
out there” buried beneath the rubble of inflated presentations; thus, it
becomes necessary as a paranormal community to make every attempt to
clear away the rubble and the falsehoods so that truth about paranormal
activity finally has its day in the light.

_______________

ANNOUNCEMENTS
_______________

From: Kristi

I would like to add that you've missed out on a great haunted place,
The Wyoming Frontier Prison. Opened in 1901 it was in operation until
1981. Male and female inmates were incarcerated in the facility until
1909 when they moved all the female inmates to Colorado and Nebraska.
The prison is a very actively haunted place, mostly with audio
hauntings, but also moving objects and a couple of apparitions. Please
contact usu-@yahoo.com for more info.

_______________

FEATURE STORY
_______________

I thought this week we’d take a little break from ghost related articles
and instead publish a little humor. Scott Colborn forwarded this to us.
I’m not sure were it came from originally. Enjoy!

Why We Love Children!

1) NUDITY
I was driving with my three young children one warm summer evening when
a woman in the convertible ahead of us stood up and waved. She was
stark naked! As I was reeling from the shock, I heard my 5-year-old
shout from the back seat, "Mom! That lady isn't wearing a seat belt!"

2) OPINIONS
On the first day of school, a first-grader handed his teacher a note
from his mother. The note read, "The opinions expressed by this child
are not necessarily those of his parents."

3) KETCHUP
A woman was trying hard to get the ketchup out of the jar. During her
struggle the phone rang so she asked her 4-year-old daughter to answer
the phone "Mommy can't come to the phone to talk to you right now.
She's hitting the bottle."

4) MORE NUDITY
A little boy got lost at the YMCA and found himself in the women's
locker room. When he was spotted, the room burst into shrieks, with
ladies grabbing towels and running for cover. The little boy watched in
amazement and then asked, "What's the matter, haven't you ever seen a
little boy before?"

5) POLICE # 1
While taking a routine vandalism report at an elementary school, I was
interrupted by a little girl about 6 years old. Looking up and down at
my uniform, she asked, "Are you a cop?" "Yes," I answered and continued
writing the report. "My mother said if I ever needed help I should ask
the police. Is that right?" "Yes, that's right," I told her. "Well,
then," she said as she extended her foot toward me, "would you please
tie my shoe?"

6) POLICE # 2
It was the end of the day when I parked my police van in front of the
station. As I gathered my equipment, my K-9 partner, Jake, was barking,
and I saw a little boy staring in at me "Is that a dog you got back
there?" he asked. "It sure is," I replied. Puzzled, the boy looked at
me and then towards the back of the van. Finally he said, "What'd he
do?"

7) ELDERLY
While working for an organization that delivers lunches to elderly
shut-ins, I used to take my 4-year-old daughter on my afternoon rounds.
She was unfailingly intrigued by the various appliances of old age,
particularly the canes, walkers and wheelchairs. One day I found her
staring at a pair of false teeth soaking in a glass. As I braced myself
for the inevitable barrage of questions, she merely turned and
whispered, "The tooth fairy will never believe this!"

8) DRESS-UP
A little girl was watching her parents dress for a party. When she saw
her dad donning his tuxedo, she warned, "Daddy, you shouldn't wear that
suit." "And why not, darling?" "You know that it always gives you a
headache the next morning "

9) DEATH
While walking along the sidewalk in front of his church, our minister
heard the intoning of a prayer that nearly made his collar wilt.
Apparently, his 5-year-old son and his playmates had found a dead robin.
Feeling that proper burial should be performed, they had secured a
small box and cotton batting, then dug a hole and made ready for the
disposal of the deceased. The minister's son was chosen to say the
appropriate prayers and with sonorous dignity intoned his version of
what he thought his father always said: "Glory be unto the Faaather,
and unto the Sonnn, and into the hole he goooes."

10) SCHOOL
A little girl had just finished her first week of school. "I'm just
wasting my time," she said to her mother. "I can't read, I can't write
and they won't let me talk!"

11) BIBLE
A little boy opened the big family bible. He was fascinated as he
fingered through the old pages. Suddenly, something fell out of the
Bible. He picked up the object and looked at it. What he saw was an
old leaf that had been pressed in between the pages. "Mama, look what I
found," the boy called out. " What have you got there, dear?" With
astonishment in the young boy's voice, he answered, "I think it's Adam's
underwear."

____________

SEEKING INFORMATION
___________

email the senders.
Ed-@haunted-places.com. Please be sure to include your email address so
our readers can respond to your request. Due to the vast number of

___________

TRUE EXPERIENCES
___________

From: Mwmath-@aol.com

My father passed away in 1959. I was 10 yrs. old. About 2 weeks
after he passed, I was on the phone at the bottom of the stairs. My
father, being ill, would always stand at the top of the stairs and yell
for Mom or me when he needed something. I continued to talk till my dad
called my name out 3 different times. Being only 10, I ran and hid
under my mother.
He has never contacted me again and I have heard that they won't if
you don't answer them. My mother and my Uncle said that about a month
after he passed they heard him walk down the stairs and go out the front
door. That was the last time any of us heard from him. I've heard that
their spirit remains in the house for a month or so after they pass. I
wish I had answered him when he called out for me. Now I'll never know
what he wanted to say to me.