Welcome Guest!
 Haunted Places
The Haunted-Places Report  Rev. Ron Beach
 Oct 14, 2007 08:56 PDT

THE HAUNTED PLACES REPORT
"Some things exist whether you believe in them or not!"

Founded by: Dennis William Hauck
Edited by: Ronald E. Beach
Email: Edi-@haunted-places.com
Website: http://www.Haunted-Places.com
editor.

10/14/07

_____________________

FROM THE EDITOR
_____________________

        Please visit our website at: Haunted-Places.com and let us know
your thoughts & comments. Anything you like to see added to the site?
All items should be emailed to us at:
Edi-@haunted-places.com

******
         We are in the process of updating the Haunted-Places website
with upcoming events for 2007. Please email us with your upcoming
meetings, conferences, classes, or other events. Just email a short
description including dates, times, prices, & contact info to:
Edi-@Haunted-Places.com .

________________________

LETTERS TO THE EDITOR
________________________

Hello Mr. Beach,

I happened upon your site by accident and thought our ongoing blog
series on haunted libraries might very well interest you and your
readers. These biweekly posts, which are getting a lot of attention,
are written by George Eberhart of the American Library Association.
Libraries in virtually all of the 50 states, as well as libraries in a
few other countries, will be covered in these posts between now and
Halloween.

Here’s links to the first three posts; another group of states will be
dealt with next week:

http://blogs.britannica.com/blog/main/2007/09/haunted-libraries-in-the-us-alabama-dc/

http://blogs.britannica.com/blog/main/2007/10/haunted-libraries-in-the-us-florida-maryland/

http://blogs.britannica.com/blog/main/2007/10/haunted-libraries-in-the-us-massachusetts-missouri/

All the best,
Barbara Schreiber
The Britannica Blog
Encyclopaedia Britannica, Inc.
Chicago, Illinois USA 60610

________________________

FEATURE STORY
________________________

The Wagon Wheel
By: Steve Garner

       There is a location in Randolph County, just outside of Asheboro
in the Franklinville area, where there are a number of hauntings and
ghost sightings have occurred over the years. The road, once named Wagon
Wheel Road, is located between Highway 64 south of Ramseur and Andrew
Hunter Road, which runs into downtown Franklinville. The road is now
named Faith Rock Road in honor of the Faith Rock on Deep River. The
actual property is about ˝ mile from the Andrew Hunter Road entrance on
the left. The is a dirt road that runs through the property but is not
accessible from it’s east entrance to the property because of
overgrowth. There are a number of old houses on the road.
         The front structure on this property just next to the road was
locally known as the Wagon Wheel Club, a bootleg and illegal gambling
house throughout the 70's and 80's. During this time a number of
reported and unreported murders took place. Some say that the bodies of
men who were killed over a drunken brawl or cheating were buried in the
back of the property and throughout the woods. The club is a small block
building but is under renovations and may not look the same when you see
it. A 2-story farmhouse sits to the east of the building and is
overgrown with vegetation.
       Another structure on the property is well known as the location
where 2 young girls were found murdered in the early 1970's. Their
bodies were found under a floor that had been recently replaced, months
after they were buried there. The ghosts of the young girls have been
seen numerous times wandering the property. The house is a small
gingerbread type stucco house with a high-pitched roof and sits back off
the road.
       Of the most famous ghost that is believed to haunt the property
is that of Andrew Hunter. In 1780, Hunter rode through the woods of the
Fear Zone location to escape being killed by David Fanning, a notorious
Tory, during the Revolutionary War. At night the figure of a horse
racing through the trails can be seen and the sounds of gunshots heard
throughout the woods. During the war, Fanning also hung and killed
numerous victims on the property and over other parts of Randolph &
Chatham Counties. The sound of drums is also frequently heard coming
from the river where soldiers camped.
        There are also stories of a young woman who was murdered and
dropped by the riverside in the 1940's. She was found months later. Her
ghost seems to wander the riverbanks now looking for the man who killed
her. Her ghost has only been known to bother males and is rarely ever
seen now since the river has changed its direction over the years. A
narrow trail winds along side the old riverbank where she was reportedly
seen.
        Locals in the area have reported hearing gunshots and screams
coming from the old bootleg joint late at night and finding no one
there. A little girls voice can be heard at night screaming for her
mother and evil laughs will echo the property at times. The location has
been used during Halloween for a Haunted House attraction for a few
years and as is leased by a production company. The email for the
production company is fearzo-@yahoo.com. They let us check it out
during the off-season so there’s a chance you might get as lucky. This
place was even spooky during the daytime without and Halloween
decorations. Definitely a place to visit!

________________________

SEEKING INFORMATION
________________________

        This section is devoted to helping those looking for paranormal
groups near their home or seeking information about various hauntings.
If you can provide answers or help to any of these requests please feel
free to email the senders.

******
From Debbie at: tkdbra-@yahoo.com

       I went all through the Haunted-Places site to see if I could find
Channing Elementary School in Elgin IL. I could not find it. It is
really tragic what these children endure everyday when they go to
school.
       The rumor is that the school is built on an old cemetery, which
is true. It is also said that the bodies were not removed (a little like
the movie Poltergeist). What was witnessed was enough bodies being
removed to build the basement. Residents around the school stole as
many head stones as they could for
preservation sake.
          Since the school has been open the children have experienced
cold spots, seeing spirits, and orbs. I am a sensitive, as is my
granddaughter who attends this school. She once told me she saw a lady
walk through a wall. Most of the activity is on the third floor. See if
the school will let you check into it.

_____________________

UPCOMING EVENTS
______________________

Detroit's Historic Fort Wayne Hosts Ghost Hunts

       Why sit on your couch watching ghost hunters on television when
you can be a ghost hunter yourself? Beginning Saturday, October 6, 2007,
Historic Fort Wayne will host all-night ghost hunts on Saturdays in
October and November.
       The ghost hunts will begin at 8:00 p.m. until 4:00 a.m. the
following day. The evening will begin with a tour of the fort, focusing
on the hauntings and ghosts. You will hear about the Civil War soldier
who, after being killed in battle, returned to the place where he
mustered; the soldier forever "doing time" in the guardhouse; the
commandant who maintains watch over his house; and more. The
participants will then be free to ghost hunt on their own.
       The ghost hunts are sponsored by the Historic Fort Wayne
Coalition (HFWC)-a non-profit organization dedicated to the preservation
and restoration of the fort-and operated by Detroit Ghosts. The cost
per participant is $40; reservations are required and can be made at
www.detroitghosts.com. Proceeds from the ghost hunts will go to the
HFWC and to the City of Detroit Recreation Department, which oversees
the operations of the fort.
       Participants are encouraged to bring their "ghost hunting
equipment" (cameras, video cameras, audio recorders, flashlights,
dowsing rods, etc.) in order to capture evidence of the paranormal.
       Historic Fort Wayne is located at 6325 West Jefferson
Avenue-where Livernois "dead-ends" at Jefferson in Detroit, Michigan.

*********
Maryland Paranormal Research Team presents Halloween Bash Fundraiser and
Bull Roast
Friday - October 26, 2007
UAW Hall
1010 S. Oldham St. at O'Donnell St.
7 pm to 12 am

        Silent Auction - Wheels and Raffles. Book signing Vince Wilson
author of Ghost Tech, and Bill Bean from the Discovery Channels A
Haunting! Music by DJ and a 1-hour and a half show by Big El..... Elvis
comes back.
        Tickets $30 per person (Must be 21 to attend.) for more info
call Dave 443-216-7413. Website
http://www.webspawner.com/users/mrcasper6728/index.html

*******

8th Annual GHOST HUNTING EXPERIENCE

Historic Gabreil Daveis Tavern
4th & Floodgate, Glendora, NJ

Saturday, October27th, 2007
6:00pm-10:30pm

Funds raised support this historic site

$8 for adults, $3 for kids under 12
For advance ticket information, contact Joanne Carr at: 856-784-5243

Visit a REAL HAUNTED HOUSE!!... Listen to ghost voices! Use real ghost
hunting equipment inside the house!
Talk with real ghost hunters!
There’s even SJGR Kids Club activities
Visit SOUTH JERSEYGHOST RESEARCH on the Web at:
WWW.HAUNTEDHELP.ORG

SJGRis a nonprofit 501 (c)(3) organization

*******
2007 South Jersey Ghost Research Lecture and Seminar Schedule

Free lectures begin at 7pm unless otherwise noted and include
video/audio presentation, ghost voices recorded during actual cases,
photo displays, equipment displays, and Q & A. Our seminars** (details
below) raise money for local historic sites & offer more activities.
Admission prices vary by location.

OCTOBER 2007 FREE LECTURES:

10-15-07 – Central Library of Philadelphia 1901 Vine St, Philadelphia,
PA 19103 (215-686-5415)

10-16-07 – Library Company of Burlington 23 W. Union St, Burlington NJ
08016 (609-386-1273)

10-17-07 – Torresdale Women’s Committee (Hollen Funeral Home) 3160 Grant
Ave Philadelphia PA (215-518-3699)

10-18-07 – Maple Shade Library 200 Stiles Ave, Maple Shade, NJ 08052
(856-779-9767)

10-19-07 – Riverton Library 306 Main St, Riverton, NJ (856-354-1177)

10-22-07 – Mt Laurel Library 100 Walt Whitman Ave, Mt Laurel, NJ 08054
(856-234-7319)

10-23-07 – Cinnaminson Branch Library 1619 Riverton Rd, Cinnaminson, NJ
08077 (856-829-9340) TEENS+

10-24-07 – Ocean City Library 1735 Simpson Avenue, Ocean City, NJ
(609-399-2434 x223)

10-25-07 – Ocean County Library, Manchester Branch 21 Colonial Dr.,
Manchester Twp, NJ 08759 (732-657-7600)

10-26-07 - Woodbury Public Library 33 Delaware St., Woodbury NJ
08096-5900
10-29-07 – Bellmawr Branch of the Camden County Library 35 E. Browning
Road, Bellmawr, NJ 08031 (856-931-1400)
10-30-07 – Gloucester Township Library 15 S. Black Horse Pike, Blackwood
NJ (856-228-0022)

2007 SEMINARS INFORMATION:

Get to use our equipment in haunted houses with our investigators as
guides. Video and audio presentations, SJGR Kids Club events, Hear
Real Ghost Voices we have recorded on cases, A History of Ghost Hunting
presentation, photo displays from actual cases, use our equipment in
haunted locations and lots more! Events are primarily held indoors and
are either continuous and/or repeat every 15-20 minutes.   Bring your
cameras! Funds raised here help support these historic sites!
10-20-07 – 5th Annual Ghost Hunting Experience at The Olde Stone House
Village Egg Harbor Rd, Washington Twp, NJ 7pm – 11pm. Adults $6 and
Kids $4 For information, email us at pubrel-@sjgr.org. Funds
raised here help support this historic site.
10-27-07 – 9th Annual Ghost Hunting Experience at Gabriel Davies Tavern
4th and Floodgate, Glendora, NJ 6pm – 10:30pm. Adults $8 and Kids $3
For advance ticket information, call Joann Carr at 856-784-5243. Funds
raised here support this National Historic site. Rain date: 10-28-07.

For more for information on upcoming Seminars and local appearances
visit www.hauntedhelp.org or email us at pubrel-@sjgr.org