Welcome Guest!
 Haunted Places
The Haunted-Places Report 12/10/2007  Rev. Ron Beach
 Dec 10, 2007 10:14 PST

THE HAUNTED PLACES REPORT
"Some things exist whether you believe in them or not!"

Founded by: Dennis William Hauck
Edited by: Ronald E. Beach
Email: Edi-@haunted-places.com
Website: http://www.Haunted-Places.com

editor.

12/10/2007

_____________________

FROM THE EDITOR
_____________________

        Please visit our website at: Haunted-Places.com and let us know
your thoughts & comments. Anything you like to see added to the site?
All items should be emailed to us at:
Edi-@haunted-places.com

******
         We are in the process of updating the Haunted-Places website
with upcoming events for 2007. Please email us with your upcoming
meetings, conferences, classes, or other events. Just email a short
description including dates, times, prices, & contact info to:
Edi-@Haunted-Places.com .

*******
       The staff at Haunted-Places Report would like to wish everyone
HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

________________________

ANNOUNCEMENTS
________________________

Dear Friends,

         Since the first newsletter PASC has grown in size and knowledge
but most of all, it has created a link in the paranormal community that
has brought friends all over the world with a mutual interest.
        We would like to thank all of you for your support and we are
looking forward to a very successful 2008.
        We would also like to mention that with a new year comes new and
more responsibilities for PASC. We are at this moment recruiting
volunteers in various positions. If you are outside of the South Florida
area you can always help by providing tax-deductible financial
assistance. If you live in South Florida you can do the same but in
addition you can help us by volunteering. We are looking for volunteers
to be in "full charge" of the fund raising, grant writing, and of
course, we always need team members who will commit to PASC and will
make it a bigger and better organization than we already are. Another
way to help PASC is by advertising your business in the newsletter
(complete information is on the link below).
       The December newsletter has been posted on PDF and JPEG mode on
our official web site. Some of you have had difficulties loading the PDF
attachment through your emails so we have decided to give you the chance
to explore what best fits your computer system.
Below is the link to our December Newsletter. Enjoy it!
http://www.paranormalawarenesssociety.org/newsletter.htm

We all wish you a prosperous and a happy new year!!
Lourdes, Bill, and the PASC Family

________________________

FEATURE STORY
________________________

The Brisket Basket
Written by; Brandy Stark

        Though there exists some tension concerning the topic of ghosts,
many religions do have stories associated with the spiritually restless.
Often, the topics presented in scripture address how the living should
(or should not) interact with the dead. However, in paranormal
investigation there is an interesting reversal of this idea: how do
ghosts deal with religious concepts when interacting with the living?
        In November 2007, the SPIRITS investigated the Brisket Basket.
While it appeared to be a fairly inactive investigation at first,
several interesting results came from it.
        The Brisket Basket, itself, has a long history. Located across
the street from St. Petersburg High School, also a reputed haunted hot
spot, it was originally opened as Triplett’s (fondly called “Trip’s” by
the locals) in 1946. The original owner sold it in 1969, and, though it
went through several changes of management, it remained known as
Triplett’s until 1982. A new owner changed the name to Harry’s Red
Hots, though this incarnation ended later in the decade. The current
ownership bought the business and reopened it as the Brisket Basket in
2007.
        Several of the SPIRITS of St. Petersburg members reported fond
memories of eating at Triplett’s during various decades when they were
students at St. Petersburg High, whose mascot is, ironically, the “Green
Devils”.
        The investigation started out on a strange note. There was very
little interaction inside the building, itself. Sensitives could feel
something hovering about, but it was keeping its distance and often felt
“out of reach.” It would interact briefly with EMF, but after a time
ceased to use the meter as a communication device. Temperature remained
consistent and images showed few to no orbs. However, when the team
went outside, things started to change. The entity continued to “hover”
and remain distant but it did interact with us somewhat. One unusual
image appeared along the back wall. An investigator asked if the ghost
was a “Green Devil.” The EMF meter spiked, and an image taken shortly
thereafter produced a light green mist along the back wall of the
building. Several cameras and many shots taken to replicate it produced
only a small second green mist, located lower than the first one.
        When no other results were produced, one member attempted to try
a variety of questions, using the meter as a tool for the entity to
respond. The question that first brought response concerned ethnicity.
After a series of options were offered, the EMF meter spiked on
“Jewish”. When asked to confirm “Jewish”, the needle spiked again. At
this, the entity became more active. Sensitives were able to feel the
entity’s hesitancy to interact with the team, partially because it was
not supposed to communicate with “necromancers” (the EMF meter also
spiked to confirm this).
        When the aspect of Judaism was revealed, the SPIRITS turned to
their knowledge of the religion to learn more about it. The entity
identified itself as a dybbuk, a type of ghost derived from a person who
died in a state of sin. According to Jewish folklore, the dybbuks are
said to either be escapees from Gehenna (“hell”) or barred entry into
the afterlife because of extremely serious spiritual sins, such as
suicide.
EVPs (electronic voice phenomena) taken on the site and reviewed later
revealed one odd statement: “I killed him, Michael…. I killed him.”
Could this be the act to which the spirit referred as being spiritually
unclean? Was this what created a dybbuk? So far, there is no research
that supports this finding, and no known reason for the entity to be
near the area. The entity does not appear dangerous, but is remorseful
and standoffish.
        The owner of the Brisket Basket reports other, milder phenomena.
On occasion, small items, such as a broom and a spatula, appear to have
been moved. Also, many employees have heard a phantom delivery truck
pulling up to the building. The sound is so real that even customers
have asked if anyone was going to go out back to pick up the delivery.
Local lore says that many years ago, some high school students rented a
truck and drove it in circles around the building as a revenge-joke
against the owner. The truck fell over onto its side, ending the prank,
though no one died or was injured. This may have created some sort of
impression in the location that is “heard” by others from time to time.
        The only other news items worthy of interest involve memories of
stories about students who were killed crossing the street from St. Pete
High in front of Triplett’s. No recent deaths have occurred, though
sensitives wondered if one spirit there was of a Sophomore-aged male who
had been killed in the area. Again, information was sketchy, as it did
not interact much with the team equipment or sensitives. If there is a
secondary ghost, it may be the prankster who moves items to gain
attention. He is harmless and seems comfortable with the staff that is
present. Thus far, articles have not been produced though the current
business owner has worked to create a safer school zone in the area.
The bus stop has been moved, and a walk way created, to ensure student
safety.

________________________

SEEKING INFORMATION
________________________

        This section is devoted to helping those looking for paranormal
groups near their home or seeking information about various hauntings.
If you can provide answers or help to any of these requests please feel
free to email the senders.

*******
From: Scott at: zodiac_-@yahoo.com

        My name is Scott Mccurry and I am the (Central Ohio Paranormal
Research Group) Case Manager. I received The Haunted-Places Report on
the "Star Inn" located somewhere in Kentucky. We are interested in
conducting an investigation of this inn and were wandering if anyone
could send us the location. All the report stated was that the Inn was
somewhere between Bardstown and Louisville Ky. Any information would be
helpful. Thank you for your time.

*******
From Barry at: barc-@earthlink.net

      Just a note to mention that if anyone is experiencing paranormal
phenomena in the Southern California area, the Unknown Encounter Group
conducts research in a professional manner. There is no charge for our
services. For more information, please see our website:
www.worldoftheunknown.com

*******
From Josh at: joshua-@gmail.com

       Does anyone know of any haunted locations that I can investigate
in the twin cities area? I live in Eagan, so anywhere close to there
would be great. I have tons of equipment and I will share any research.