Welcome Guest!
 Haunted Places
The Haunted-Places Report 12/17/07  Rev. Ron Beach
 Dec 17, 2007 13:00 PST

THE HAUNTED PLACES REPORT
"Some things exist whether you believe in them or not!"

Founded by: Dennis William Hauck
Edited by: Ronald E. Beach
Email: Edi-@haunted-places.com
Website: http://www.Haunted-Places.com

editor.
12/17/07

_____________________

FROM THE EDITOR
_____________________

Please visit our website at: Haunted-Places.com and let us know your
thoughts & comments. Anything you like to see added to the site? All
items should be emailed to us at:
Edi-@haunted-places.com

******
We are in the process of updating the Haunted-Places website with
upcoming events for 2007. Please email us with your upcoming meetings,
conferences, classes, or other events. Just email a short description
including dates, times, prices, & contact info to:
Edi-@Haunted-Places.com

________________________

LETTERS TO THE EDITOR
________________________

From Brandy at: puggodd-@yahoo.com

Well, after all of that build up I was pretty disappointed. I don't
like TAPS because it makes this look like an "everyman" job that is
equipment heavy, and homeowners may be regarded as crazy.

I wasn't thrilled with this because it went the opposite way: too
occultish. I'm watching them chant "The light of God surrounds us",
then refuse to say a "demonic name" -- or to even air it (lots of camera
angles of the information being written or passed, but intentionally
blocked so we poor viewers don't get this sucked into our TV sets). I
figured this would be rather Hollywoodish, especially as the "Paranormal
State" logo is "bleeding" upside down and other clips include calling a
home a "demon portal to hell" and refer to the cross revolving to hang
upside down.

I rolled my eyes when they had the cute kid with the childish voice
saying, "I don't know, but I think that they're after me" -- phonetics
included. Plus, there were even more dramatic camera angels spliced
about (half shots close to the face, showing the eyes, then drawing away
to show a poor beleaguered man who saw a ghost slouching in a chair, all
filmed in black and white, of course). I almost felt that I was
supposed to be watching the "Blair Witch" with fewer "running" camera
shots.

And what the heck was up with the woman who kept calling everyone "hon"?
And the deep-seated secrets of the homeowner being revealed ("When we
got divorced, his father wouldn't have anything to do with him")? Was
any of this really necessary to the investigation? Were they trying to
show the psychology of the family?

WHY can't they do a decent paranormal show? The only one that I saw
that I liked was on TLC for a while. No running, no screaming, good
equipment, researched as the investigation was going on, mediums and
equipment used (blended method). This team had its own van, an artist
who was able to sketch the likeness of the entity based upon
description, good questions and interactions (even, gasp, rechecks) with
the homeowners....that show I miss. It was still dramatic (a 48 hour
investigation condensed into an hour would have to be) but I still had a
sense of time with it.

Ah well. Another interesting thing to feed to the public.
Brandy

________________________

ANNOUNCEMENTS
________________________

Ghosts of Christmas Past Ghost Tours
By Appalachian GhostWalks and Ghost Tours

TRICITIES, Tennessee - Winter is on it's way and Christmas is fast
approaching. Now is the time when we start to turn our attention to
brightly colored lights, decorations, and other festive holiday
activities. Appalachian GhostWalks and Ghost Tours is offering "Ghosts
of Christmas Past" in select locations across the Southern Appalachian
region now through January 15th, 2008. The company invites you to start
a new holiday ritual this year and bring your whole family, or tour
group on a Christmas adventure to learn the history and origins of our
most beloved Christmas Traditions with Appalachian GhostWalks' Holiday
Ghost Tours.

There are seven different tours in the Northeastern Tennessee mountains
presently available to choose from all located just a short drive from
Dollywood, Ober Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge, and the Great Smoky Mountains
National Park. These include haunted and historic Erwin and Jonesborough
- Tennessee's oldest town, Blountville, Greeneville, and Rogersville; in
Johnson City, formerly known as "Johnson's Depot" two different tours
include the "Little Chicago GhostWalk" as well as the campus of East
Tennessee State University with ghostly stories of hauntings as told by
the faculty and staff from 1911 forward through present day.

In Southern Appalachian Highlands they offer their oldest tour known as
the "Historic Abingdon Virginia GhostWalk", which features a package to
encompass discounts on a play at The Barter Theatre, including the
upcoming performance of "A Christmas Carol", the Abingdon Carriage
Company offering nostalgic carriage rides of the historic district, to
be followed by one of Appalachian GhostWalks romantic and enthralling,
lantern-lit tours - perfect for a holiday getaway.

Each of their historical tours offer a small piece of a much larger
puzzle as your very own Certified Ghost Hunter Guide and Historian
weaves a chilly tale of our region's vast cultural heritage, and history
coupled with true, spine-tingling ghost stories. Catering to both
couples, as well as larger groups, one simple phone call to their
knowledgeable staff will help you create a memorable Tennessee Vacation
designed specifically for you and your travel companions.

Appalachian GhostWalks is proud to have won a Merit Award at the
Pinnacle Awards early in 2007 as presented by the Northeast Tennessee
Tourism Association and the company continues to grow. A spokesperson
for the company announced that visits to their award winning website for
this year had grown more than four hundred percent above this time last
year with over five million hits.

On September 1st, 2007, Appalachian GhostWalks and Ghost Tours was voted
one of the top five ghost tour companies in America by Haunted America
in New Orleans, Louisiana. Offering a wide variety of vacation packages
featuring many types of activities and area attractions to include both
day and night activities there is something to keep you and your travel
companions enchanted and entertained during your visit to the mountains.

Travel discounts are available on accommodations for recreational
vehicles and tourists including a wonderful choice of very historic and
sometimes haunted bed and breakfasts, camping, white water rafting,
caving, bike and horseback riding, a local gem mine, a day at the spa,
planetarium shows, barge and carriage rides, area museums and exhibits,
visits to local water parks, skiing, seeing a live play, or a concert,
casual and fine dining, with more on the way.

Now offering so many ways to save and make the most of your visit to the
Southern Appalachian Mountains, Appalachian GhostWalks invites you and
that special someone, or group to join them in saying, "Tennessee Sounds
Good To Me"! Visit them online at www.AppalachianGhostWalks.com for
additional information, or for a SPOOK-tacular good time please call
(423) 743-WALK (9255) for reservations.

________________________

FEATURE STORY
________________________

8th Avenue Mist
Written by: Brandy Stark

It’s late and the house is quiet. The phone isn’t ringing, the neighbors
are asleep and nobody‘s home but you. It’s the perfect time to unwind
and relax. And then an old familiar feeling starts to creep into the
back of your mind: someone is watching you. Shaking your head in
self-recrimination for such skittishness, you arise to prepare for some
well-deserved sleep.

As you move towards the beckoning bed, you feel it again. You swing
around and find…nothing but empty air. You must be more tired than you
thought. Still, just to be safe you decide to sleep with the lights on.

Does this sound familiar? If so, you may be dealing with more than lack
of sleep and excessive caffeine consumption. These vague experiences
may point to an unseen tenant within your home, a spectral spy keeping
an eye on you.

Like their living counterparts, ghosts can take on all number of manners
and personalities. Some appear very brazen, displaying raw emotions and
interfering with the lives of the living. Others, like that described
above, are much more subtle.

Both scenarios were met with a home located on 8th Avenue North in St.
Petersburg. Activity started the day the sale closed on the house:
Oct. 31, 2001. The new homeowner planned to do some remodeling of the
house. She went in to snap a couple of quick photographs as reminders
of the “before” image. As she held up the camera, she felt it being
slapped out of her hands. It slid across the room and a wall,
shattering.

Still undeterred, she continued with her plans to renovate and move in.
However, several times she arrived to find the construction works near
the verge of panic. They felt that they had an unusually high number of

on-the-job minor accidents, and sustained higher rates of scratches and
scrapes then normal. Several walked off the job.

A cleaning man called the homeowner one morning to inform her that a
large glass door from her entertainment set flew off the console and
slammed into the floor. It was lodged so tightly that it took the
construction crews to pull it out.

More disturbing was the reaction of her computer equipment in the
in-home office. Though it worked well before the move, in this house
she had gone through three hard drives, 4 mother boards, and 2 DVD
players on her stationary computer, and her laptop was in a state of
needing constant repair. The technicians could not explain why the
computer problems occurred.

She witnessed her elderly dog sit up in bed late at night, wagging her
tail as if greeting someone coming into the room. She saw shadows out
of the corner of her eyes, her keys vanish, and locked doors appeared to
unlock themselves.

She called in the SPIRITS to investigate.

During the investigation few images were captured, though the team
sensitives felt the presence of a kindly old woman. She seemed to stay
upstairs where her bedroom used to be. Research showed it might be the
former homeowner who, with her first husband, built the house. After
her husband died, she remarried and continued working on the house, with
the biggest addition being the garage out back.

The garage also contained a male presence. Sensitives felt him asking
about the whereabouts of a tree that he had liked. The homeowner
explained later that the tree was sick when she bought the house and she
had to have it cut down. Yet, his intimate knowledge of the house led
the homeowner to conclude from her own research that he was related to
the old woman, either as the second husband or as a grounds keeper.

The SPIRITS also thought there may be a third presence related to the
house, perhaps that of a wandering ghost.   He was possibly a thief who
had broken into the house before, and was quite discontent with his life
and his passing.   He held a fascination for electronic equipment and it
was he who was responsible for breaking it.

The homeowner is taking this in stride. She has asked the entities to
stop unlocking the doors and taking her things.

“I smudge monthly,” the homeowner explains. Smudging is the standard
practice of burning sage and wafting the smoke throughout the household.
It is believed to remove negative presences. She believes that the old
woman’s ghost left at the time of the first smudging.

As for the computer-tampering ghost, “I often yell at him when the
computer acts us now and tell him to go towards the light. Brightening
up the area of the office has changed things significantly, but he still
has an attitude and messes with the computer. It crashed again on April
30 and then the laptop went down on the 7th of May.

________________________

SEEKING INFORMATION
________________________

email the senders.

____________________

TRUE EXPERIENCES
_____________________

From: Robert Litogot
I live in Grand Rapids Michigan, downtown at the Morton house that use
to be a motel several years ago. My landlord believes that the building
maybe haunted because it had been burned down three times over the years
and now it's made into a rental place owned by a company in Detroit.
I didn't believe in ghost, and the only scary thing I ever had happen
was when I was a kid. I had a devil chase me once when I was a kid but
that’s a different story, time and place. Two weeks ago I must have
eaten too much junk food or something and I was having a bad dream. In
the dream, I was somewhere in a town that I had never been before; it
was a huge 5 story house that was like a mansion.
I remember a beautiful woman with blonde hair and blue eyes telling me I
have to leave this house at once because there is a ghost coming after
me, and he is going to kill anyone who is still living in the house. I
remember trying to find my way out of the house, but I couldn't find
away out.
I woke up it about 8:00am, just in time to see a brown haired woman
standing next to my bed looking at me for only a couple of seconds. Not
saying anything, just starring at me as if she was looking right through
me. Before I could move she faded away.
That’s the first time I ever saw this woman, and to this day I am still
waiting for her return.