Welcome Guest!
 Haunted Places
The Haunted-Places Report 12/31/07  Rev. Ron Beach
 Dec 31, 2007 10:10 PST

THE HAUNTED PLACES REPORT
"Some things exist whether you believe in them or not!"

Founded by: Dennis William Hauck
Edited by: Ronald E. Beach
Email: Edi-@haunted-places.com
Website: http://www.Haunted-Places.com

editor.
12/31/07

_____________________

FROM THE EDITOR
_____________________

Please visit our website at: Haunted-Places.com and let us know your
thoughts & comments. Anything you like to see added to the site? All
items should be emailed to us at:
Edi-@haunted-places.com

******
We are in the process of updating the Haunted-Places website with
upcoming events for 2007. Please email us with your upcoming meetings,
conferences, classes, or other events. Just email a short description
including dates, times, prices, & contact info to:
Edi-@Haunted-Places.com

_____________________

ANNOUNCEMENTS
_____________________

OHIO STATE REFORMATORY in Mansfield Ohio announces:

We are now taking reservations for private ghost hunts on any available
dates in 2008. For private hunts you must have a minimum of 30 people
and you must be 21 or older, private hunts are run just like our regular
hunts. The price is $50 per person and pizza and pop are provided. Now
if your part of a small ghost hunting group and you don't have enough
members to book a private hunt then join us on March 15th 2008. For the
first time we are offering small ghost hunting groups the chance to come
in together to ghost hunt. The idea is to provide a night for seasoned
ghost hunters to investigate the building without any first timers or
adventure seekers that you get in the public ghost hunts. I think it
would be great chance for groups to meet, talk shop, swap theories and
ideas, and most of all have a great time. Now to qualify your small
group we will need either a business card, letter head or a website to
validate your group. You can call or email your questions or
reservations to Susan Nirode at cont-@mrps.org or 419-522-2644. Our
website is: www.mrps.org.

________________________

FEATURE STORY
________________________

54th AVE.
Written by: Brandy Stark

One of the more interesting aspects of paranormal investigation is the
difference in perception of the investigators and the homeowners.
Perhaps investigators have a stronger connection to the dead, or that
studies of post-life existence have rendered them a less fearful complex
than the average individual. Homeowners, who are sometimes experiencing
the paranormal for the first time, are much closer to the source of the
disturbance. The home, a place of sanctity, becomes filled with
discomfort with the invasion of the unknown.

In the triplex at 54th Avenue, a husband, wife, roommate and two young
children resided with one disembodied housemate. The family called the
SPIRITS in when their son claimed to be playing with a ghost boy named
“Jack” whose mouth was taped shut. This ghostling was interactive with
the family, speaking to the mother to say “hello” one night. The
animals acted up, shadow figures were seen and cold drafts felt.

Yet, the SPIRITS members had an entirely different experience upon
arrival. For the team, a female entity manifested. She was a quite
middle-aged or older woman, associated with the Master bedroom but who
checked on the children. She did not heavily interact with equipment,
other than to record a humming sound, which, oddly, sounded like the
Campbell Soup jingle. (Note that all TVs and radios were off in the
house, the sound was only heard on the recording devices that the
SPIRITS utilized in the production of EVPs).

The sensitive on the investigation believed that the entity was a female
who died in the home. She may or may not be related to the child. It
was the children’s description of the ghost child, though, that brought
additional attention. We did learn that they watched a cartoon show on
TV dealing with a “ghost boy” who is both “real” and a “ghost” (Danny
Phantom – a superhero). However, that does not explain why they see
their ghost boy with his mouth taped shut. In speaking with the
children further, they revealed that “Jack” plays only in their room,
has blonde hair, dark eyes, and he can’t speak. One child said that
“someone came into the house and did something to him.”

A second, later investigation of the home revealed nearly the same
information as the first. The two areas of activity remained active
according to homeowner reports, SPIRITS sensitives, and equipment. Yet,
no child manifested; again, everything centered on the older woman.
However, homeowners also reported that the boy had been quiet since the
first investigation, though spectral manifestation had continued.

It is hard to know what to take from this. In addition to the
multi-person household, there were several pets in the home. The family
did smoke which, when combined with natural pet odor, was a deterrent to
the investigation. The sheer amount of living activity evident in the
home may have caused the entities to move about to less active areas
within the triplex, as it had, in the past, been a single home. The
SPIRITS’ presence may have simply encouraged the entities futher in
leaving the area as a large group of investigators moved through.

Perhaps spectral manifestation is truly one aspect of the human mind.
If, indeed, a living presence must be present for the supernatural to
appear that indicates a strong level of subjectivity. Could the
SPIRITS, a largely female investigation team, interpret a matronly
woman, while the children see someone more their own age with whom they
can identify? Or is it simply a matter of suggestion coming from
television and the growing popularity of paranormal TV shows? Only more
research, and time, will tell.

________________________

SEEKING INFORMATION
________________________

email the senders.

____________________

TRUE EXPERIENCES
_____________________

From Layne at: laynew-@charter.net

My friend Kyle and I do a lot of traveling through northern Alabama
every day. One day last year he showed me a list of haunted places in
Alabama and sure enough some are on our routes. We had planned on going
to the Musgrave Cemetery for about a year. Just didn’t have the time to
look for it. But today was a different day. We actually found the
cemetery. I didn’t have a camera, but you bet I will next time!!

What we saw was the grave of Robert Musgrave. The 8 foot tall obelisk is
half the size now. It seems the top of the obelisk has been knocked
over. Anyways, we found it and examined it. You can tell (compared to
other gravestones) that it has definitely been sandblasted. We did not
find a silhouette. But, and here is one of the kickers, on the front of
the stone (the name side), we saw what looks like a face with hands
grasped (praying)! It reminds me of the Shroud of Turin kind of face. It
clearly looks like a woman.

Freaked, we both went back to the truck to mark the site on our GPS
program. We went back to the gravesite for one last look. Here’s the
second kicker, believe my friend and me I would not lie about this was
there as a witness. We must have overlooked it but we did NOT see the
two yellow daffodils that had been placed on the ground RIGHT UNDER
where we were looking at the face! It baffled us. I looked at him and he
looked at me. He said “Man, quit messing with me!” I said, “ Dude, I
didn’t see these when we first got here”.

We didn’t say another word about it. Now its 8:30 at night and I am
typing this out so I wont forget anything. I think that this site is
definitely worth a look for anyone who is interested. I am going to try
and make another trip to it and CARRY A CAMERA this time.