Welcome Guest!
 Haunted Places
The Haunted-Places Report 03/24/08  Rev. Ron Beach
 Mar 24, 2008 11:05 PST

THE HAUNTED PLACES REPORT
"Some things exist whether you believe in them or not!"

Founded by: Dennis William Hauck
Edited by: Ronald E. Beach
Email: Edi-@haunted-places.com
Website: http://www.Haunted-Places.com

be used in any format without the express written permission ofthe
editor.

03/24/2008

_____________________

FROM THE EDITOR
_____________________

Please visit our website at: Haunted-Places.com and let us know your
thoughts & comments. Anything you like to see added to the site? All
items should be emailed to us at:
Edi-@haunted-places.com

******
We are in the process of updating the Haunted-Places website with
upcoming events for 2007. Please email us with your upcoming meetings,
conferences, classes, or other events. Just email a short description
including dates, times, prices, & contact info to:
Edi-@Haunted-Places.com .

*******
Starting with our next issue we are going to be including book reviews,
equipment reviews, ghost related jokes, and maybe even a few
ghosthunting tips!

________________________

ANNOUNCEMENTS
________________________

“Ghost” author Karen Laven (Cincinnati Ghosts and other Tri-State
Haunts, Schiffer Publishing) is looking for YOUR TRUE paranormal
accounts for possible inclusion in her next book(s). Do you have an
experience that chilled you to the core? Have you seen/heard/felt
something that is not of humankind? Did you once live in a haunted
house? Did you visit a widely-believed-to-be-haunted business, park or
theater and experience something, firsthand? There are numerous
scenarios of the paranormal, and if you believe you have, indeed,
experienced ghostly phenomena, she wants to talk with you! Karen is
looking for true tales t/o Ohio -- and possibly paranormal photos, as
well. (Photos must either be 35 mm or 6.0 mega pixel high resolution
digitals or higher.) The person who took the photo will be credited in
the book, directly in the caption. Please, visit: www.karenlaven.com
and contact Karen through the contact page to share your account. She
will get back in touch with you soon. Thanks!

********
It seems that every week someone is trying to sell a new ghosthunting
gadget. Does it work? Should I buy it? Will be useful or just gather
dust on my shelf? How do I find out?

Have you recently purchased some new equipment? Is it what you thought
it would be? Dennis and I would like to know. Send us a review on your
best piece of ghosthunting equipment or your anything that you purchased
and feel was a waste of money.

We’ll print your reviews in the newsletter. If we get enough reviews,
we’ll post them on the Haunted-Places website. Sort of a “research
before you buy” type page. When submitting reviews please include where
you purchased to item from, price, why you like or dislike it about it,
etc…

If you have an item you are marketing, please send us a sample of it and
we’ll do some testing with it and print our results in the newsletter
and on the website.

For info on where to send sample products or to submit a review please
email me at: Edi-@haunted-places.com

________________________

FEATURE STORY
________________________

How much of an impact does psychic residue have upon an investigation?
Submitted by Brandy Stark

The SPIRITS of St. Petersburg were called in to investigate a
condominium in Pinellas County. This was a control investigation in
which the homeowners had no reported haunted activity but called the
SPIRITS in for an investigation, as per the request on the website.
This procedure helps keep the team alert as only one person knows if a
place is haunted or not. Information on the location is kept secret
until the time of the investigation and only after the SPIRITS has
concluded its work is anything revealed from the contact and by the
homeowners.
The SPIRITS were quite accurate with their findings. Very few
discovered anything of any remarkable degree. There were EMF spikes
that were recorded; though the group quickly discovered areas of
electronics that caused the manifestation. Some hidden EMF was caused
by recharging stations and one floor cleaning robot hidden from view.
Orb shots were captured in certain areas of the home as well, though
they were light and easily dismissed.
However, several did note that there was a sense of sadness and
oppression in the guest room. This was, perhaps, one of the oddest
aspects of the investigation. Only as things concluded did anyone learn
that the guest room had recently housed a distraught woman who was
battling a serious illness.   The homeowners had not thought to reveal
that to the contact for the SPIRITS, so there was absolutely no
foreknowledge existing within the team at all. Yet, multiple sensitives
within the team, including some of the probationary members looking to
join the group, reported the feeling of oppression. Much of the
investigation featured this area of the home, though no true paranormal
phenomena happened.
This is where the control investigations help to support the notion of a
tri-fold investigation, as utilized by this group. The SPIRITS is not a
strictly technically-based team, as the underlying philosophy includes
the use of the participant as an instrument.   Though the equipment
could not pick up on any potential psychic residue, the sensitives
could.
This revelation, then, leads to another question: Could there be some
sort of psychological nature to the room that caused the feelings of
oppression and sadness? The guest room was richly furnished with darker
colors. This, combined with a ghost hunt and a dark night could create
a sense of oppression. Yet, the master bedroom also had an intensive
color scheme that contrasted sharply with the lighter beige coloration
of the rest of the building. Why was this room, alone, singled out by
most members there?
The control also served one more purpose: if the area was not haunted,
where did the orbs come from? In today’s ghost hunting culture, the use
of orbs as proof is waning. This is another example of these white
circles manifesting as part of a natural phenomena, likely dust or pet
dander stirred up as the group moved through the area.    At the very
least, this is a reminder that orb phenomena needs to be heavily
scrutinized by investigators before being accepted as proof.
It is through the use of homes, such as the one provided here, that
allows investigators to continue to move into greater depth of skill.
It also brings up more questions for consideration when dealing with the
scope of the supernatural.

________________________

SEEKING INFORMATION
________________________

email the senders.

____________________

TRUE EXPERIENCES
_____________________

From: Edythe at: ESDa-@mmecpc.com <ESDa-@mmecpc.com>

In 1997, my Aunt Victoria went house hunting in Hanover County, near New
Kent County. She wanted to find a house for her and her new husband
Robert. My aunt always lived in old Civil War homes and she was
determined to find one that was available. Well, she found one and she
fell in love with it. It was a historical landmark called Westwood. It
was an old home built in 1830 and in excellent condition. Usually a
house of this nature is very, very expensive but she got it for $90,000.
A BARGAIN!! She bought it immediately. Victoria and Robert wondered
why the house was so inexpensive and they never got an explanation from
the previous owners. They moved in and they both loved their new home.
It had all the standing buildings like the slave quarters and the
original barn. Victoria soon found out she was going to have a baby.
Things couldn't get better for the two of them. After the baby was born
strange things started to happen. Furniture would move from their place
and chamber music would play. (They have no instruments or CD's that
play chamber music). The strangest thing that happened to Victoria was
when she was vacuuming and in the corner of her eye a man walked right
past her. She thought it was Robert but Robert was at the barn feeding
the horses. She saw the man again a few weeks later walk right in front
of her while she was coming out of the bedroom. She has also sighted a
little blond haired boy play pranks on her. Four years later after
witnessing strange occurrences, Robert and Victoria were used to what
was going on. I went to visit one day and Victoria and I were talking
in the kitchen. A little red, rubber ball sat in the middle of her
kitchen table because her little boy got in trouble with it and she had
to take it away from him. We got up to go outside and we heard a noise
behind us and we turned around and the red ball was bouncing up and down
on the floor as if someone had thrown it.