Welcome Guest!
 Haunted Places
 Nov 04, 2001 13:54 PST
The Haunted Places Report
Founded by: Dennis William Hauck
Edited by: Rev. Ronald E. Beach
Website: "http://www.Haunted-Places.com"
11/06/01

___________

CONTENTS:
___________

* From The Editor
* Announcements
* Featured Article
* In The News
* Seeking Information
* True Experiences
* Upcoming Events
* Media Listings

___________

FROM THE EDITOR
___________

Almost weekly we receive email from our readers asking for information
about hauntings in their areas, groups they can join, groups to do an
investigation, etc... Because of these email we have added a new section
to the newsletter titled “Seeking Information”.
If you can provide help or information to the senders of these emails
please do. If you are sending us a question to be used in this section
please be aware that your email address will be included so people can
respond to you. Also remember, that due to the vast number of

***
Are you staring a new paranormal investigation group? Is your group
looking for new members? Does your group have an upcoming event? Has
your group done any interesting investigations? Has your group or
members of it appeared on any TV or radio programs? Do you have any
ghostly related news from your local area? If the answer to any of these
questions is “Yes”, please let us know so we can publish the information
in upcoming issues.

_____________

ANNOUNCEMENTS
_____________

Here's the latest from Central New York Ghost Hunters Society. Submitted
by Stacey at: lsjo-@localnet.com :

Featured on:
Time Warner Ted and Amy's TV Show
Cover of Syracuse New Times and featured story ( link to story
"http://newtimes.rway.com" )
93Q Morning Show
95X Radio
Channel 5 News Feature story
Feature Story Syracuse Post Standard

Check out our web site at: "http://www.gotghosts.org"

***
The following two announcements concern some of the programs listed in
our media section. If you use the internet to listen to these radio
programs be sure to carefully read these.:

This is from GnomeREPORT, a daily computer related newsletter, edited
by noted computer geek and Tech TV personality Chris Pirillo.
( more info on this great newsletter can be found at:
http://www.lockergnome.com/about.html ):

Premiere Radio Premiere
Scribbled by John Latimer
Premiere Radio recently started a subscription service for listening to
Coast to Coast with Art Bell via an audio stream. My wife loves to
listen to Art's show and signed up for the new service; it's a little
wacky for me, but hey - she IS my wife! My rant is not about the fact
they suddenly decided to charge - or even that they announced it only a
week before they started it. Nope. My complaint is that it took them
days to track down why Windows Media Player would kick up errors and not
play the show.
On the first day of the fee-based service, the link to listen to any
show did not work. "Change the ampersand to a question mark in the URL"
was Customer Service's response. This did not work. Day 2 had WiMP
launching and giving an invalid data error; no response from Customer
Service on this problem. Day 3 had my wife begging me to figure it out.
I tried from work (at lunch) and got the same error. That night, I tried
again from home on my computer - and it worked! Same Netscape version -
but I had WiMP 6.4 and she had upgraded to the latest version per
Customer Service's initial suggestion. So, I uninstalled her version of
WiMP and reinstalled an older version of WiMP. By golly, it worked! Now
I am the hero! We did receive another e-mail from Customer Service
saying they had found some problems with older versions of browsers and
WiMP. Blah, blah, blah.
Did they not do any testing? I know if I had put out a Web app that did
not work, I would be in trouble. Do they not care about having a product
that can work on many versions of software? Do they do any planning? Do
they really expect paying customers to a) put up with no service and b)
beta test their applications? Apparently so. This is the third time
Premiere has changed their streaming delivery. Each time, it took days
for ME to figure out how to get it to work.
Chris’ note: You can still use and associate media files with the
classic version of Windows Media Player. It's still there, despite the
dominance of it's bulkier successor. Big is not necessarily better. Do a
search on your hard drive for "MPLAYER2" and you're bound to find it.

***
This was sent from the PAwebcasting Network at: hel-@pawebcast.cc
Due to continuing problems with LIVE365.com, we are going to be
offering a Real Media Stream as well as the LIVE365 stream. We know they
will eventually fix the problem, but we do NOT want to frustrate and
turn away our valued listeners.
Starting November 1st there will be NO automatic launches of the
player. There will be two prominent links
on the home page to listen. One for LIVE365 One for Real Player. We
RECOMMEND the Real Player link.
If you don't have the FREE player just go to "http://www.real.com" and
look for Real Player 8 BASIC.
We have contracted with Millenia Net out of Philadelphia for this new
stream and hope it provides a suitable and reliable alternative while
LIVE365 gets their act together.
The WHOLE PAwebcast crew would like to offer our apologies to anyone
having problems connecting and staying connected for any length of time.
Thanks for your loyalty in the past!

***
Lori and Jim from the Western Pennsylvania Ghost Hunters invite you to
visit their website at:
"http://hometown.aol.com/spiritsearcherpa/wpgheasy.html" . Their E-mail
is: SpiritSe-@aol.com
They are an investigation group out of Westmoreland County, PA. The
group covers PA, MD, WV and OH. Jim and Lori remind us, "Keep an open
mind, always!"
We look forward to hearing more about their investigations and future
events.

***
From Rick and Victoria at: Ssoul-@aol.com
We have started a new research team in the Miami area. Our
organization, the Southeastern Paranormal Research Foundation has been
active from Key West to Georgia. We have taken some very unusual
photographs and recently researched a 180 year old house, in south
Georgia that belongs to the Daughters of the American Revolution ---
with a very unexpected results. The full story of our research and
findings was covered by the local newspaper of the town.

We just completed a new website which contains thoughts and excerpts
from a book I have been researching and writing now for over seven
years. The website also contains photographs that should be of interest
to you. In the middle of November, I plan to include the story of the
180 year old house in the website section known as "Soul Notes". A link
to our website is: http://www.spiritualsoulutions.com/

***
John and Lisa Cox of the paranormal investigative group M.A.J.D.A. based
in Alliance, Ohio have just added some great video, showing paranormal
activity, to their website. You can view this outstanding footage at:
http://www.majda.net/

_________

FEATURED ARTICLE
__________

The following article is from the About Paranormal Phenomena website at:
http://paranormal.about.com/mbody.htm .

How To Create A Ghost

In the 1970s, a psychical research group "invented" a spirit named
Philip. To their astonishment, Philip actually made contact with them
through a host of incredible psychokinetic phenomena.
A group of teenagers gathered around a Ouija board receives mysterious
messages from a person's spirit who claims to have died 40 years ago. A
paranormal society conducts a séance where they contact a ghost that
communicates though table rappings. The residents of a century-old home
continually see the spirit of a young child playing in the hallway.
What are these manifestations? Are they truly the ghosts of departed
people? Or are they creations of the minds of the people who see them?
Many researchers of the paranormal suspect that ghostly manifestations
and poltergeist phenomena (objects flying through the air, unexplained
footsteps and door slammings) are products of the human mind. To test
that idea, a fascinating experiment was conducted in the early 1970s by
the Toronto Society for Psychical Research (TSPR) to see if they could
create a ghost. The idea was to assemble a group of people who would
make up a completely fictional character and then, through séances, see
if they could contact him and receive messages and other physical
phenomena - perhaps even an apparition. The results of the experiment -
which were fully documented on film and audiotape - are astonishing.

The Birth of Philip
The TSPR, under the guidance of Dr. A.R.G. Owen, assembled a group of
eight people culled from its membership, none of whom claimed to have
any psychic gifts. The group, which became known as the Owen group,
consisted of Dr. Owen's wife, a woman who was the former chairperson of
MENSA (an organization for high-IQ people), an industrial designer, an
accountant, a housewife, a bookkeeper and a sociology student. A
psychologist named Dr. Joel Whitton also attended many of the group's
sessions as an observer.
The group's first task was to create their fictional historical
character. Together they wrote a short biography of the person they
named Philip Aylesford. Here, in part, is that biography:
Philip was an aristocratic Englishman, living in the middle 1600s at the
time of Oliver Cromwell. He had been a supporter of the King, and was a
Catholic. He was married to a beautiful but cold and frigid wife,
Dorothea, the daughter of a neighboring nobleman. One day when out
riding on the boundaries of his estates Philip came across a gypsy
encampment and saw there a beautiful dark-eyed girl raven-haired gypsy
girl, Margo, and fell instantly in love with her. He brought her back
secretly to live in the gatehouse, near the stables of Diddington Manor
- his family home. For some time he kept his love-nest secret, but
eventually Dorothea, realizing he was keeping someone else there, found
Margo, and accused her of witchcraft and stealing her husband. Philip
was too scared of losing his reputation and his possessions to protest
at the trial of Margo, and she was convicted of witchcraft and burned at
the stake. Philip was subsequently stricken with remorse that he had not
tried to defend Margo and used to pace the battlements of Diddington in
despair. Finally, one morning his body was found at the bottom of the
battlements, whence he had cast himself in a fit of agony and remorse.
The Owen group even enlisted the artistic talents of one of its members
to sketch a portrait of Philip. With their creation's life and
appearance now firmly established in their minds, the group began the
second phase of the experiment: contact.

The Séances Begin
In September 1972, the group began their "sittings" - informal
gatherings in which they would discuss Philip and his life, meditate on
him and try to visualize their "collective hallucination" in more
detail. These sittings, conducted in a fully lit room, went on for about
a year with no results. Some members of the group occasionally claimed
they felt a presence in the room, but there was no result they could
consider any kind of communication from Philip.
So they changed their tactics. The group decided they might have better
luck if they attempted to duplicate the atmosphere of a classic
spiritualist séance. They dimmed the room's lights, sat around a table,
sang songs and surrounded themselves with pictures of the type of castle
they imagined Philip would have lived in, as well as objects from that
time period.
It worked. During one evening's séance, the group received its first
communication from Philip in the form of a distinct rap on the table.
Soon Philip was answering questions asked by the group - one rap for
yes, two for no. They knew it was Philip because, well, they asked him.
The sessions took off from there, producing a range of phenomena that
could not be explained scientifically. Through the table-rapping
communication, the group was able to learn finer details about Philip's
life. He even seemed to exhibit a personality, conveying his likes and
dislikes, and his strong views on various subjects, made plain by the
enthusiasm or hesitancy of his knockings. His "spirit" was also able to
move the table, sliding it from side to side despite the fact that the
floor was covered with thick carpeting. At times it would even "dance"
on one leg.

Philip's Limitations and Power
That Philip was a creation of the group's collective imagination was
evident in his limitations. Although he could accurately answer
questions about events and people of his time period, it did not appear
to be information that the group was unaware of. In other words,
Philip's responses were coming from their subconscious - their own
minds. Some members thought they heard whispers in response to
questions, but no voice was ever captured on tape.
Philip's psychokinetic powers, however, were amazing and completely
unexplained. If the group asked Philip to dim the lights, they would dim
instantly. When asked to restore the lights, he would oblige. The table
around which the group sat was almost always the focal point of peculiar
phenomena. After feeling a cool breeze blow across the table, they asked
Philip if he could cause it to start and stop at will. He could and he
did. The group noticed that the table itself felt different to the touch
whenever Philip was present, having a subtle electric or "alive"
quality. On a few occasions, a fine mist formed over the center of the
table. Most astonishing, the group reported that the table would
sometimes be so animated that it would rush over to meet latecomers to
the session, or even trap members in the corner of the room.
The climax of the experiment was a séance conducted before a live
audience of 50 people. The session was also filmed as part of a
television documentary. Fortunately, Philip was not stage shy and
performed above expectations. Besides table rappings, other noises
around the room and making lights blink off and on, the group actually
attained a full levitation of the table. It rose only a half inch above
the floor, but this incredible feat was witnessed by the group and the
film crew. Unfortunately, the dim lighting prevented the levitation from
being captured on the film.
Although the Philip experiment gave the Owen group far more than they
ever imagined possible, it was never able to attain one of their
original goals - to have the spirit of Philip actually materialize.

The Aftermath
The Philip experiment was so successful that the Toronto organization
decided to try it again with a completely different group of people and
a new fictional character. After just five weeks, the new group
established "contact" with their new "ghost," Lilith, a French Canadian
spy. Other similar experiments conjured up such entities as Sebastian, a
medieval alchemist and even Axel, a man from the future. All of them
were completely fictional, yet all produced unexplained communication
through their unique raps.
Recently, a Sydney, Australia group attempted a similar test with "The
Skippy Experiment." (
ite.htm?site=http://www.strangenation.com.au/Ghostwatch/sng%5Fskippy.htm
) The six participants created the story of Skippy Cartman, a
14-year-old Australian girl. The group reports that Skippy communicated
with them through raps and scratching sounds.

Conclusions
What are we to make of these incredible experiments? While some would
conclude that they prove that ghosts don't exist, that such things are
in our minds only, others say that our unconscious could be responsible
for this kind of the phenomena some of the time. They do not (in fact,
cannot) prove that there are no ghosts.
Another point of view is that even though Philip was completely
fictional, the Owen group really did contact the spirit world. A playful
(or perhaps demonic, some would argue) spirit took the opportunity of
these séances to "act" as Philip and produce the extraordinary
psychokinetic phenomena recorded.
In any case, the experiments proved that paranormal phenomena are quite
real. And like most such investigations, they leave us with more
questions than answers about the world in which we live. The only
certain conclusion is that there is much to our existence that is still
unexplained.
(Used with permission)

__________

IN THE NEWS
___________

Submitted by: jelt-@msn.com
Editors note: I’m not sure if this was sent as a news story or a
political ad, but either way it’s interesting

Researcher Blends Interests in Ghosts, Government
By: Gary Gould, of The Oakland Press
October 28, 2001
He's taken on government conspiracies, searched for proof of UFOs and
tracked down ghosts for 15 years, but now John Tenney is pursuing
something truly unknown to him. He's running for mayor of Royal Oak.
"I think I'd be a good mayor," said Tenney, 30, who founded The Great
Lakes Ghost Hunters Society and the Michigan Anomalous Information
Network in 1997.
Tenney will face challengers Mike Andrzejak, a city councilman, and
resident Bill Urich for a two-year term as mayor in the Nov. 6 election.
Incumbent Dennis Cowan is not running after 14 years on the City
Commission."I'm a person who always wanted answers to my questions, and
I think Iwould do that for the residents (as mayor)," he said.
A lifelong resident of Royal Oak, Tenney is making the leap from
research and lectures about the unexplained to politics in part because
of his love for the community.
Tenney, a graphic designer, is assistant manager of the Preston Burke
art gallery in Royal Oak, and he's the owner/creator of the online city
guide Royal Oak Online He also is an ordained minister - sort of.
The designation reverend, which appears as part of his title on his
paranormal web sites, is something of an inside joke. "Many paranormal
researchers get as many mail-order degrees as they can to lend
credibility to their research," Tenney said. "So it was sort of an
in-joke with other researchers when I became a mail-order minister."
Unlike many researchers, he tries to have a sense of humor about the
topic. His paranormal Web site is designed to resemble the cover of a
supermarket tabloid, complete with the sensational headline: "Now the
Startling Truth Can Be Told!"
While he may have fun with his research, Tenney is very serious about
finding answers to the unknown. This desire led him to research
government conspiracies when he was just 15 years old. "I started out
studying the Kennedy assassination," Tenney said. "When you are dealing
with the government, you'll find that conspiracy theories are passed
down from generation to generation." He later turned to researching UFO
sightings and then took an interest in the supernatural.
Through his research, he tries to prove the paranormal exists - though
often his findings disprove common ghostly myths and perceived
phenomena. Of all the hauntings and other paranormal occurrences he's
studied, Tenne said only about 10 percent of those can't be explained.
One of the strangest and still unexplained incidents was a Bigfoot
"attack"in Monroe County in 1965, which Tenney investigated years after
the fact. "A creature, which fit the common description of Bigfoot,
grabbed a woman through the window of her car on a remote road in Monroe
County one night and tried to pull her from the car before it fled,"
Tenney said. "There was a countywide search for the creature for weeks
after that, but nothing was found."
Closer to home, he said Oakland County is host to many of its own
unexplained phenomena. "There are a lot of UFO reports in Oakland
County," Tenney said. "People report that a lot of the cemeteries here
are haunted, but a lot of that is active imagination."
One of the more prominent ghost stories in Royal Oak is that of a
spirit that haunts the railroad tracks between Washington and Main
streets. Accounts of a ghostly woman with no legs floating along the
tracks have been told for several years now, he said. Tenney said a
number of people have been killed in car-train accidents in that area of
Royal Oak, including a woman who fits the description of the ghost many
have seen. She died in the 1980s.
UFOs are another phenomenon often difficult to explain, especially
since the government maintains a veil of secrecy around the subject.
Tenney's search for answers about UFOs led him to approach
then-presidentialcandidate George W. Bush on a visit to Royal Oak on
Feb. 22, 2000. According to the online magazine UFOcity.com, Bush met
with some residents at a local restaurant while campaigning in Michigan,
and Tenney saw this as an opportunity to ask a presidential candidate
about UFOs.
At the conclusion of the visit, Tenney placed himself in Bush's path
and shook the candidate's hand while asking, "As a presidential
candidate, would you like to issue a statement concerning the American
public's right to access whatever information the United States
government currently has available on the topic of UFO..." Before Tenney
could finish his question, he told UFOcity.com, he was grabbed by the
arm by a Texas Ranger, who was protecting Bush, and was pulled from the
crowd. In the meantime, Bush was pushed onto a van by another officer
and was gone.
Though he was not successful in receiving an answer from the future
president, Tenney told UFOcity.com that the reaction he received said
enough - and it continued to fuel his desire - and that of his
organization - for answers.
The Michigan Anomalous Information Network has 15 active members who
assist Tenney in his investigations. Through his organization, he said
he conducts two or three lectures each year on topics related to his
study. Tenney said he also is writing a couple of books about strange
happenings inMichigan, including one about a military plane from
Michigan that disappeared while pursuing a UFO.
But first, he said, he'll have to put the Nov. 6 election behind him.
Having spent most of his life in disagreement with the government, he
said he's now ready to make a difference.
"There's a truly amazing groundswell throughout Royal Oak," he said of
the supporters who have encouraged his bid for mayor. "I've spent my
entire life disenchanted with the government - I say, who better to
represent the people?"

On the Net:

John Tenney for Mayor - "http://www.votetenney.com"

Michigan Anomalous Information Network - "http://mainorg.tripod.com"

The Great Lakes Ghost Hunters Society - "http://www.ghost.web.com"

___________

SEEKING INFORMATION
___________

near thier home or seeking information about various hauntings. If you
can provide answers to any of these requests please feel free to email
the senders.
Questions for this section can be emailed to: Haunted-@neo.rr.com
. Please be sure to include your email address so our readers can
respond to your request. Due to the vast number of subscribers, we at
The Haunted Places Report can not be held responsible for the types or
quality of answers and /or help you receive.

***
From Dennis at: dm-@optonline.net
I fairly recently got a computer and was happy to discover several
organizations that deal with ghosts and hautings on the internet.
Actually I am trying to find one located in the NYC/Long Island area
that has events such as lectures, forums discussions etc. Perhaps you
can help me.

***
From:Raley-@aol.com

Hello, we wanted to know if you guys have heard about Geiger Corrections
Center in Spokane, Wa.? Alot of Corrections Officers believe our
facility is haunted.
There are several good stories, but I have a tape with what appears to
be a man screaming. No one can explain this. Our famous chow hall is the
place where I recorded the scream. It is the place that has the most
activity. Other places on site have had strange things happen like
radios coming on and people feeling like someone watching them in the
bathroom.
How can we test for more ghost activity? Let us know please contact
atBuckk1@MSN or Raley-@aol.com
***
From Genine at: GDEL-@msn.com
My husband and I are interested in finding haunted sites in our back
yard (Western New York). Could you please tell me where to find
information on hauntings in Western New York? I have already visited
Shadowlands on the net. I am looking for more detailed sites. I would
greatly appreciate any information you could send to me.

___________

TRUE EXPERIENCES
___________

From Judy Ritchie-Ramirez at: judyri-@earthlink.net
I would like to tell my experiences with my friend who I have named
(Charlie). About 11 years ago we moved to Texas from California, into a
normal home in a normal neighborhood. My daughter was 14 years old at
the time. We have a three bedroom home and two of the bedrooms are
separated by a bathroom with a hallway.
My daughter would tell us that the house was haunted and we would tell
her it was just her imagination. However, I had heard what sounded like
someone walking in the attic, and other unexplained noises. But as for
myself that was all ( I did not believe in ghosts). But my daughter
would tell me that on occasion she would see a green shadow move down
the hallway. And our dog would go crazy barking some nights for no
reason at all.
We moved, after 4 years, to another town, my daughter said that the
ghost went with us but, that she did not notice it as much as she did
when we lived in the old house. We lived there 5 years, when my husband
and I divorced. I moved to an apartment, my daughter stayed with my
husband.
At that time I had purchased a lamp and the touch adapter to make it a
touch lamp. Soon the lamp began to come on all by itself. At first I
thought I had forgotten to turn it off, but would jokingly say my ghost
had turned it on. When my old house was vacant (we still owned it) I
moved back in. I had at that time purchased another touch lamp that is a
wall lamp. I’d come home in the evenings from work and the lamp in the
den would be on, and I still jokingly said it was the ghost.
Well, my boyfriend definitely would not accept the fact that it was
anything but a short in the lamp, so he removed the touch adapter, and
the lamp stopped coming on. But a short time later the other touch lamp
(which by the way was purchased that way) started coming on after we'd
turned it off and left the room, or it would be on when we came home. I
told my daughter and she said "I told you that you had a ghost".
One night I saw him out of the corner of my eye as I was leaning over
the kitchen counter. I thought it was my boyfriend who had gone into the
bedroom, but when I looked up, my boyfriend was sitting on the couch.
When I questioned him, he said he had not even left the couch!. I then
told him that we did indeed have a ghost and that it was a male. That
was when I started calling him Charlie.
My boyfriend’s daughter took care of the house when we went on vacation
last year and the ghost played the same little tricks on her and she
kept thinking she'd forgotten to turn off the light.
When my son came to live with us for 4 months, it all stopped. When a
couple of days after my son had moved out, my boyfriend (by than
husband) told me "Charlie is back!". I asked “How to you know?” and he
said, “Because he is playing with the lamp again. When you try to turn
off the lamp he blinks it quickly 4 or 5 times, or when you turn it off
he turns it back on, and sometimes he will play like this for a full 3
minutes or so“. I spoke to Charlie just like I would anyone else, at
first I got angry because he wouldn't let me turn off the lamp. He
wouldn't not communicate with me for about a month, then he started up
again.
I have felt him touch my arm at night. And a week ago my daughter came
over and he touched her arm, just to let her know he was there I guess,
because when we were talking he turned on the light, and I said "Thank
you" and then a few minutes later he turned it off again.
When we went to go to dinner, he would not let me turn the light off
with out playing awhile. One day when I went to use the computer, the
keyboard would not work. When my husband went to check the connections,
it was unplugged. I had not unplugged it nor had my husband, and it is
to far from my feet for me to have done it accidentally. One night
Charlie knocked a large bottle of water off a table in the bedroom. Last
night while I was in front of the window in the kitchen he was rattling
the mini blinds. I don't know who he is but he has followed me from home
to home. I think he is great, not everyone can say they have a ghost.

***
From: Mel at: mark.-@gte.net>
My husband and I own a house that was built in 1912 and believe we have
two ghosts in our house. One of them is a dog, my husband bumped into it
one night on the way to bed. He said it was a fairly large dog and he
thought it was our own dog till he saw her in bed with me. He simply
said, "Go to bed pooch." and the presence disappeared.
We have both seen and felt the covers on our bed moving around as if a
large dog is rolling around on it. We have also heard its toenails
clicking on the linoleum of the kitchen floor and noticed our dog
running around and playing as if with another dog.
The second ghost is of a man. He does the same thing every time he is
seen or heard. He walks in the front door of our house, walks into the
kitchen, then comes back into the living room, walks up the stairs and
into the bathroom then disappears. Neither ghost has ever tried to harm
us in any way so we are quite
comfortable sharing our house with them.

***
From: Emily at: lev-@earthlink.net
A few years back I was living in a Co-op in Davis, California, a house
built about a century ago. One night I was awakened by the fire alarm in
my room. I thought it was strange and asked my housemates about it
later. My room was somewhat remote from the others and most people there
were very heavy sleepers. They hadn't even heard the alarm.
Weeks later the alarm went off again. I got out of bed, this time
frightened. I went into the adjoining room, a large living room and sat
alone in the chilly early morning dark. Things started to happen.
I heard soft footsteps but no one appeared. The phone cord in the
hallway started shaking as though a huge gust was passing through the
hall but there were no windows opened. A door knob began to rattle
violently.   All this went on for an hour or so. My roommates told me
the next day that they thought there was a ghost in the house.
Other strange things had happened like a window falling out of its
frame when they had discussed renovating the house and were sitting
beneath the window.
I have to be a skeptic and add that perhaps my housemates didn't like
me and were trying to scare me enough that I would move out.

___________

UPCOMING EVENTS
___________

Pat Fitzhugh author of The Bell Witch: The Full Account will be
appearing at following conference. You can visit his website at:
"http://www.bellwitch.org" and view the press release of his book at:
("http://www.armandpress.com/new_releases.htm")

Friday November 9th
Lecture
8:30-10:00 AM
Journeys Beyond Paranormal Conference
Adams Mark Hotel
Mobile, AL
More info: "http://www.journeysbeyond.com"

***
Upcoming events of the Parapsychology Foundation :
PF OUTREACH PROGRAM
Carlos S. Alvarado, PhD, the Foundation ’s Chairman of Domestic and
International Programs and noted researcher, will discuss ghosts and
apparitions within the context of parapsychological research, including
experience reports and field investigations.
Thursday, November 8, 2001 6:30 PM
Merchant ’s House Museum, 29 East 4th Street, NYC
Reservations required. Call 212-777-1089. $20 donation.

PERSPECTIVES FILM PRESENTATION
Selections drawn from PF ’s extensive audio-visual archive including the
US premier of Adrin Neatrour ’s "Spoonbenders ."
Thursday, November 15, 2001 7:00 PM
New York Academy of Sciences, 2 East 63rd Street, NYC
$10 donation.

PERSPECTIVES LECTURE
Renowned author of Edgar Cayce, An American Prophet, Sidney D.
Kirkpatrick, will present: "Dueling psychics: Edgar Cayce and Eileen J.
Garrett." Book signing.
Tuesday, November 20, 2001 7:00 PM
Parapsychology Foundation, 228 East 71st Street, NYC
Reservations required. Call 212-628-1550. $10 donation.

***
Independent Ghost Hunters Conference
April 20, 2002 Camp hill, Pa

*Hear Ghost Stories from Nationally Famous Paranormal Authors &
Investigators
*Learn About the Latest Ghosthunting Techniques & Equipment
*View Ghost Photos and Videos; Hear Recordings of Spirit Entities (EVP)
*Discover how your own intuitive abilities can help you communicate with
the "Other Side"
*Learn about the "Dark Side" of the spirit world and how to protect
yourself
*From Beginners to Experienced Ghosthunters, this Conference offers
something for Everyone!
*Hosted by Psychic/Medium and Ghosthunter Kelly L. Weaver, Founder of
Capital Ghost Forum

Why This Conference is Unique?
This conference will offer something for everyone interested in this
fascinating segment of the paranormal, be they a raw beginner or
experienced ghosthunter, or even someone who just likes to hear a good
scary story! We have structured our workshops to different levels of
experience - you won't be bored hearing things you already know, nor
will you feel isolated if this is new to you. There are many different
opinions on and approaches to the subject of Ghosts, and we have
assembled a variety of authors and researchers to share their
experiences and views.

A Full Day and Night of Activities
Registration starts at 8:30am. Conference begins at 9am. Seasonal Fruit
and Berries, Granola Bars, Cereal Bars, Rice Krispie Treats, coffee,
tea, iced tea and sodas will be waiting for you. During the morning, you
will hear from several authors who specialize in writing about ghosts
and hauntings. (They will also be offering their books for sale
throughout the day) We will break for lunch around mid-day; lunch is on
your own. (Besides the hotel restaurant, there are several fast-food
restaurants only a minute or two away)
The afternoon will feature a variety of workshops, presented by
knowledgeable individuals. Some are for beginning ghosthunters, others
are structured for those with more experience. You can select any 2
workshops; videos will be available for purchase of any workshop you may
not have taken. Some of the workshops planned are:

*Ghost Hunting for Beginners *How to Use the Latest Ghosthunting
Equipment: Film and digital cameras, Video Cameras, Audio recorders
(EVP), Thermal Scanners, EMF Meters, etc.
* Using your Intuition for Ghost Hunting: Developing your psychic
abilities, protecting yourself from unwanted (and negative) energies!
(Other workshops to be announced closer to conference)

A full course dinner will be held early evening (menu selections to be
announced closer to the event). During the dinner, the floor will be
open for questions, discussion, etc. We are making arrangements to visit
hauntedsites in the greater Harrisburg area, beginning around 7:30-8pm.
An actual itinerary with specific times to be released later

About The Authors/Lecturers/Instructors
TROY TAYLOR - Noted Author and ghost researcher. Troy is the founder
and president of the American Ghost Society, one of the nation's largest
ghost research groups. He has appeared on numerous television programs.
Troy also keeps readers up-to-date with his "Ghosts of the Prairie" web
page, (www.prairieghosts.com), the Haunted America Update Newsletter,
and offers a huge selection of supernatural books through his History
and Hauntings Book Co. (1-888-ghostly) Troy has written many books
including: The GhostHunters Guide Book, and his latest "spirited work"
is titled No Rest for the Wicked. Troy's topic will be Graveyard Ghosts
- a lively presentation on haunted graveyards & burial grounds,
including: how cemeteries become haunted, common cemetery lore,
vanishing hitchhikers and even how best to investigate your local
cemetery. Troy will present first-hand accounts of his experiences in
haunted cemeteries and some of the most famous graveyards in America!
Hear the legends and real-life accounts behind Bachelor's Grove,
Resurrection Mary and much more!

ED OKONWICZ - An accomplished speaker, author, professional story
teller and member of the National Story Telling Association. He has
written 13 books on the paranormal, including ghosts and spirits that
haunt the Delaware & Chesapeake Bays, as well as topics related to
Maryland's Eastern Shore. Ed is employed as a writer & editor at the
University of Delaware where he received his bachelors degree in
education and his masters in Communication. Based on his 2 unique books
on Possessed Possessions, Ed will discuss how he located the owners of
haunted objects, share their stories and present tips on how to find--or
avoid--bringing home something that has failed to give up the ghost. You
are sure to enjoy Ed'shumor!

RENE KRUSE - A field investigator with the American Ghost Research
Society with over 20 years experience. She has many stories of both
haunted sites as well as varying conditions under which investigations
have been conducted, with interesting results. She will be showing us
some wonderful pictures and video she has collected over the years.

PATTY WILSON - Author of Haunted Pennsylvania, Pa. Ghost Guide Vol. 1 &
Pa. Ghost Guide Vol. 2. Co-founder of the Paranormal Research
Foundation, located in Western, PA. Patty has made a career of writing
about Pennsylvania's wonderful and weird history. She will discuss PA's
most haunted sites. She masterfully tells these spooky stories that will
make your hair stand on end!

D.B. LYN: A member of the Board of Directors for the Tri State
Paranormal Research Group, D.B. Lyn is an LPN and has a life long
interest in the paranormal, having grown up in a haunted house. She
lives next to the site of her childhood home and it too is haunted. She
has co-authored The Dead Won't Hurt You, about her childhood
experiences. Currently, D.B. is writing another book and working on
different ways to photograph ghostly images. "Do ghosts exist? Is there
proof? Growing up in an active haunted house, I have found that what
dies here returns. I enlisted the help of two mediums to help me rid the
house of the entities. Join me in the house after the first exorcism,
when I realized that it hadn't worked, only to make things worse!"

BEN MAZUR and JOHN McCLINTOCK are owners of Digitize-Media, South
Central PA's leading production firm. They have won over three dozen
major awards for their corporate-rate, commercial and institutional
clients. These talented video producer/directors have been active in the
field since 1992. They will be presenting a workshop on filming spirits.
Scott Crownover of the Paranormal Research Foundation will be assisting
them in their presentation.

REV. RON BEACH - Director of the Tri State Paranormal Research Group
(www.tristateghosts.homestead.com/home.html) and an ordained minister
with the non - denominational Church of Radiant Lights. A 14 year Navy
Vet, he served with Special Operations, various MP units and as a
Quality Control Inspector with the Nuclear Sub Force. Ron has formal
training in computers and photography and is working on a degree in
Metaphysical & Paranormal studies. He has been an active investigator
for over 12 years, including several European countries as well as the
US. He is a founding member of the IGHS. Ron is also the editor of the
Hauck Report and an Rep for Homestead.com.

LOU GENTILE - Demonologist, Paranormal Investigator & Nationally
Syndicated Radio Talk Show Host. Lou has been featured on such shows as
Fox Family Channel's "The Scariest Places on Earth", MTV "Fear",
Unsolved Mysteries, In Search of, The Discovery Channel, TLC along with
hosts of Magazine & Radio Interviews. Lou is one of Ed & Lorraine
Warrens top students and was Ed Warrens last student to date. Lou brings
to you the knowledge and experience that not many can say they had nor
compete with! Learn about the Construction of a Haunting, Possession &
Exorcism, The Real Deal with Orbs & Globules, Ghosts, Poltergeists,
Angels, Demons & Devils. Lou offers a Slide show featuring some of his
most interesting cases, some you may have seen some you have not! See
what Demons & Devils look like caught on film. See a REAL Night Hag!
What does a REAL Possessed person look like? Hear the voices of Demons
Screaming at a Priest during a normal house blessing. Hear EVP's
(Electronic Voice Phenomena) of Evil Spirits screaming and calling
blasphemies! Does this all exist? You be the Judge! WARNING! NO CHILDREN
UNDER 12 PLEASE! They might not sleep again!

KELLY L. WEAVER - A well respected psychic/medium, and the founder of
the Capital Ghost Forum. She has appeared on MTV's Fear as a psychic
consultant, and has done countless television, radio, magazine, book and
newspaper interviews throughout the years. Kelly and her husband John
host a weekly show on pawebcast.com called Visions from the Other Side.
They are also contributing authors for the website PARASEEK.com.

JOHN WEAVER - An art director/illustrator and photographer who does
investigations with Kelly. He also has a long standing interest in all
paranormal subjects, especially UFOs. Once a "skeptic", John now enjoys
using his instruments to "prove what his psychic wife is saying!"

Hotel Reservations
For those coming from out of town, rooms are available for $89.00
double occupancy. Call the Radisson Penn Harris Hotel and Convention
Center direct @ (717) 763-7117. Please mention you are attending the
conference. Room reservations MUST be made by April 5, 2002. The hotel
offers free shuttle service to & from Harrisburg Intl. Airport, Amtrak &
Greyhound/Trailways.

How to Register for the Conference
Conference cost is $85.00 per person, which includes the lectures,
morning snack, workshops, sit down dinner and ghost hunting until
midnight. (Lunch is on your own) Hotel rooms are separate.
If you wish, 2 payments can be made: The first $42.50 is due by Jan.
25, 2002 (You must pay at least this amount by that date to reserve a
spot). The second payment is due by March 25, 2002. Sorry, but we do not
have secure on-line ordering available; To register by phone using your
Credit Card, call Kelly Weaver at 717-737-7623
To Register by Mail, send your MC or VISA Card Information or Check /
money order payable to Kelly's Magical Garden to:
Kelly's Magical Garden
43 Essex Road Camp Hill, PA 17011

Note: At least 1/2 or Full Payment MUST be received by Jan. 25, 2002 to
guarantee your spot.

Conference Location: Radisson Penn Harris Hotel and Convention Center
1150 Camp Hill Bypass Camp Hill, Pa. 17011 (Held in Governors Ballroom)

Directions to Radisson Penn Harris Hotel
From West: East on PA Turnpike (I-76) to Exit 17. North on Rt 15 for
six miles to Erford Road Exit.
From North: South on I-81 to Exit 21 (Enola Exit). Take 11 & 15 South
through three lights (approx. five miles). Turn right at third stop
light. Follow straight through two more stop lights. Radisson on the
right.
From East: West on I-78 which turns into South I-81. Follow I-81 South
to Exit 21 (Enola Exit). Take 11 & 15 South through three lights
(approx. five miles). Turn right at third stop light. Follow straight
through two more stop lights. Radisson on the right. From South: North
on I-83 to Route 581 split (toward Camp Hill) to Route 15. North on
Route 15 for two miles to Erford Road Exit. Go to the "Maps" section of
expedia.com to download a detailed map

___________

MEDIA LISTINGS
___________

   The media listing mainly cover the 8pm to 10pm time slots. Most
listed times are Eastern Standard Time. Please check your local listings
for the correct viewing times in your area.

ART BELL:

11/04/01 - Sun/Mon
Host: Ian Punnett
Guest: Michael E. Bell Close your eyes and imagine a Vampire. Bela
Lugosi as Count Dracula. But another kind of vampire was believed to
live in rural New England, where on March 17, 1892, three corpses were
exhumed from Rhode Island cemetery. One of the bodies was that of Mercy
Brown, who had succumbed to consumption. It appeared to her family that
she had turned over in her grave. They cut out her heart, which still
had blood in it, burned it on a nearby rock, and fed her ashes to her
ailing brother. In his fascinating investigation of this shocking
custom, Bell relates the stories of twenty families who dug up their
loved ones to save the living.

11/05/01 - Mon/Tue
Guest: Ian Gurney
Ian Gurney has studied theology and eschatology for the last thirty
years and is considered to be one of the foremost authorities on the
Biblical Books of Daniel and Revelation, together with the prophecies of
Nostradamus and the Papal predictions of Malachy. He has written many
articles over the years on "the end times" and has presented and
produced numerous BBC radio programs on the same subject. The end result
of his research led Gurney to an astonishing conclusion that is
currently shaking the theological establishment. Ancient prophecy and
world events appear to be running in parallel, and mankind's destiny
seems to have already been foretold.
Website: "http://www.caspro.com"

11/06/01 - Tue/Wed
Guest: Dean Radin, Ph.D.
Topic: Random Number Generators
Dr. Dean Radin is presently Senior Scientist at the Institute of Noetic
Sciences, in Petaluma, California. For over 20 years he has conducted
research on exceptional aspects of human consciousness, including
psychic phenomena. He has held appointments at Princeton University, the
University of Edinburgh, and the University of Nevada, was a staff
scientist at Bell Laboratories and Interval Research, and co-founded the
Boundary Institute in Silicon Valley. He also spent a year on what is
now known as the CIAÕs STARGATE program, a formerly secret government
project investigating psychic phenomena.
Website: "http://www.ions.org"
Website: "http://www.boundaryinstitute.org"

11/07/01 - Wed/Thu
Guest: Bill Stanton
With the horrific events of September 11th, 2001 still all-too fresh on
the American consciousness, what do we do if something else happens? In
The Anti-Terror Checklist security expert and former New York City
police officer Bill Stanton lays out the specifics: how different types
of terrorist acts happen and what their effects are, and, most
importantly, how we can be ready and fully-prepared in the face of such
situations.

11/08/01 - Thu/Fri
Guest: William Bastone
Editor of The Smoking Gun web site (which he founded in April 1997 along
with Daniel Green and Barbara Glauber). Until last year, Bastone was a
staff writer at The Village Voice, New York's leading weekly newspaper.
During his 15 years at The Voice, Bastone worked as an investigative
reporter covering local politics, criminal justice matters, and--for the
last decade--organized crime. In May 2001, Bastone managed the launch of
WMOB.com, a sister site that offers FBI wiretaps of New York gangsters.
In September 2001, Little, Brown & Co, published "The Smoking Gun," the
first book based on documents gathered by the web site's founders.
Bastone, 40, is a lifelong New York City resident.
Website: "http://www.thesmokinggun.com"
Website: "http://www.wmob.com"

11/09/01 - Fri/Sat
OPEN LINES

***
PAX TV

Tue - 6th at 8pm - Mysterious Ways: The Big Picture
Fri - 9th at 9pm - Encounters with the Unexplained: How Old Are Humans /
The Mysterious Mount Sinai
Sun -11th at 10pm - Mysterious Ways: The Big Picture

***
THE TRAVEL CHANNEL

Tue - 6th at 9pm - America’s Most haunted Places: Las Vegas

***
THE DISCOVERY CHANNEL

Tue - 6th at 8pm - Ghost Detectives
Tue - 6th at 9pm - Scared Places and Mystic Souls
Tue - 6th at 10pm - Secrets of Levitation

***
SCIFI:

Sunday thru Thursday at 11 and11:30pm - Crossing Over With John Edwards

***
INTERNET RADIO PROGRAMS:

Jeff Rense: Listen at : ""http://www.sightings.com/""
Mon. - Fri. at 7pm to 10 pm Pacific time
Sat. at 9pm to 3am Pacific time
Sun. at 8pm to 11pm Pacific time

***
The Bell Witch and Other Paranormal Mysteries
The NightSearch Paranormal Network ("http://www.nightsearch.net")
Host: Pat Fitzhugh, Noted author and researcher
Bi-weekly on Mondays
9P-10P ET / 8P-9P CT

***
http://www.pawebcast.cc/