Welcome Guest!
 Haunted Places
 Jun 23, 2002 12:25 PDT
THE HAUNTED PLACES REPORT

Founded by: Dennis William Hauck
Edited by: Rev. Ronald E. Beach
Email: Edi-@haunted-places.com
Website: http://www.Haunted-Places.com

editor.

06/25/02

___________

CONTENTS:
___________

* From the Editor
* Letters to the Editor
* Announcements
* Seeking Information
* Upcoming Events
* Media Listings

_____________

FROM THE EDITOR
_____________

I sorry that this week’s newsletter is a short one, but I was informed
by my wife this week that we are getting a divorce, and we have both
been very busy getting ready to move to separate apartments. There may
not be a newsletter next week. It will depend on how fast the cable
company can transfer the internet service to my new apartment. However,
I would assume that the newsletter and I will be back by the following
week at the latest.
If any of our readers live in this area of the country (Salem /
Youngstown, Ohio) we are looking for a GOOD home for two young cats. We
would prefer they stay together but would be willing to give them to
separate homes.
Also I am in the need of a sofa, if anyone in the area has one for
sale.
_____________

LETTERS TO THE EDITOR
_____________

We invite your letters to the editor. Tell us how you feel about things
in the newsletter or in the ghost hunting community. All letters must be
accompanied by an email address so other readers can respond to you.

_____________

ANNOUNCEMENTS
_____________

Are you staring a new paranormal investigation group? Is your group
looking for new members? Does your group have an upcoming event? Has
your group done any interesting investigations? Has your group or
members of it appeared on any TV or radio programs? Do you have any
ghostly related news from your local area? If the answer to any of these
questions is “Yes”, please let us know so we can publish the information
in upcoming issues.

***
We are currently working on compiling a reference library about ghosts
and hauntings. If you have any paranormal related books, magazines, news
articles, etc... that you would like to donate please send them to:
The Haunted Places Report
P O Box 341
Damascus, Ohio 44619

***
From: Brandy at: bbbl-@iowatelecom.net

Hello. This is something that I would like to tell people that need
help because of a haunting or other paranormal experience. Make sure
that they are a legitimate group. Do research on them. Ask for
references and make sure that they are who they say they are. I live in
a haunted home and have had different groups here in the last few years
to investigate and rid my home of the spirits that torment my family. I
messed up I wanted help so much that I skipped these steps and now I
still have the bad spirit and have become very skeptical of Ghost
Hunting Groups. Don't get me wrong, their are GOOD groups out their but
you just have to look and be careful of who you contact. Good luck and
thank you for this opportunity to help other readers and to give Ghost
Hunters something to think about when you talk to someone about a
'spiritial' problem. Thank you for your time.

***
From Troy Taylor at: "ttay-@prairieghosts.com"

I would like to thank all of you who called and wrote to congratulate
us on the birth of our daughter last week. Your kind thoughts and
comments meant a lot to us.

***
From Mary at: SELL-@amerinetcentral.org

I have just replied to the e-mail from "Joanna" who asked for
information on the mansion used in the filming of the Stephen King movie
"Rose Red". I gave her the URL of a site that provides a lot of history
of Thornewood Castle, Mr. Thorne who built the mansion, and the people
who own it now.
If you have more questions from your subscribers regarding this
beautiful old place, please tell them to go to
"http://www.thornewoodcastle.com/" for the whole story.

____________

SEEKING INFORMATION
___________

email the senders.

***
From Tim at :TiMysti-@aol.com"

Are there any haunted places in eastern Nebraska? I’ve heard our Ball
Cemetery was haunted. If you could help out please email me.

***
From bbbl-@iowatelecom.net

Can anyone tell me of any haunted places in Iowa, Nebraska or Missouri?
I live in SW Iowa and am trying o find more places to go see.

***
From Nick at: "tama-@platinumoffice.com"

I am trying to find as much information as possible on haunted hotels
and such in Wisconsin. I want to eventually, if possible, create a
Haunted Travel Guide for Wisconsin with Haunted places to stay and
visit, and right now am concentrating on the Hotels. Anybody know
anyplace good to stay?

___________

UPCOMING EVENTS
___________

For complete details of all events listed in this section please visit:
http://www.haunted-places.com/tours.htm

***
JUNE 2002:

“The Ohio State Reformatory Ghost Hunt”
June 28th
Mansfield, Ohio
For more info visit: "http://www.mrps.org/ghost/index.html"

***
“American Ghost Society 2002 Haunted America National Conference”
June 20 - 23, 2002
History & Hauntings Book Co. Building
515 East Third Street
Alton, Illinois
Hosted by Troy & Amy Taylor (American Ghost Society)
Detailed information is available and linked from their website at:
http://www.prairieghosts.com"???

***
"MEDIUMSHIP: A DOORWAY TO OTHER DIMENSIONS OF EXISTENCE"
June 23-26, 2002
Rosemont College, Rosemont, Pennsylvania (11 miles west of Philadelphia)
For details of the program and to register:
ARPR website: "http://www.lightlink.com/arpr/" -
Email: "bat-@infi.net",
Write: ARPR
P.O. Box 614
Bloomfield, CT 06002-0614
Phone: 860-242-4593

***
"SPIRITual Encounters"
June 28-August 11.
Snooty Judy's Fine Art Gallery
514 Skinner Blvd., Dunedin, Florida
Gallery hours: Wednesday - Saturday 10am - 5pm, Sunday noon-4.
Gallery phone: (727) 734-9835
Contact Brandy Stark for more information at: (727) 821-5759 or by email
at: "sfcf-@scfn.thpl.lib.fl.us"
process which continues today.

***
“Campout / Ghost Hunt in the ghost town of Sprucevale.”
June 29th
Near East Liverpool, Ohio

Hosted by M.A.J.D.A. Paranormal Investigators ( Website:
"http://www.majda.net/" )
Date subject to change due to the weather.
Free
Open to members only.
For more info contact John or Lisa at: "MAJD-@aol.com" or visit their
website at: "http://www.majda.net/"

***
"Investigating the Paranormal: Ghosts and Hauntings"
Saturday afternoon, June 29th, 2002 from 1 to 5 p.m.
Metropolitan Hotel in midtown Manhattan
The contact information for the Foundation is: Parapsychology
Foundation, Inc., 228 East 71st Street, New York, NY 10021, tel:
212-628-1550; fax: 212-628-1559; email: "off-@parapsychology.org;"
Website: "http://www.parapsychology.org/"

***
JULY 2002:

“Book signing for Patti Starr’
Author of "Ghost Hunting in Kentucky and Beyond"
Saturday, July 6, 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm,
Bardstown Booksellers, Bardstown, KY.

***
“Ghost Hunter's Tour- "Behind the Scenes" of Haunted Alton!”
Saturday, July 13 - 6:30 PM
Alton, Illinois
Hosted by: Troy Taylor
More information about the tour at:
"http://www.prairieghosts.com/tours.html"

***
“West Virginia State Penitentiary Ghost Hunt”
July 12th
July 26th
Moundsville, West Virginia
For more info contact John or Lisa at: "MAJD-@aol.com" or visit their
website at: "http://www.majda.net/"

***
“Fort Delaware Ghost/Lantern Tours”
Friday, July 15th
Fort Delaware
Call Fort Delaware for reservations and exact departure times at (302)
834-7941.
For additional information, call Ed at 410 398-5013 or send an e-mail at
"ed-@mystandlace.com“

***
“The Ohio State Reformatory Ghost Hunt”
July 12th
July 26th
Mansfield, Ohio
For more info visit: "http://www.mrps.org/ghost/index.html"

***
"Ghost Hunter's Tour"
A History & Hauntings Tour
July 13
Hosted by Troy
Taylor Alton, Illinois
Sold Out!
Contact Troy at: "ttay-@prairieghosts.com"

***
“The Haunted West Virginia 2002 Ghost Hunters Conference”
July 19th, 20th & 21st
Parkersburg, West Virginia
For more info visit: "http://www.hauntedparkersburg.com" or email Susan
Sheppard at: "shep-@wirefire.com"

***
“Fort Delaware Ghost/Lantern Tours”
Friday, July 19th
Fort Delaware
Call Fort Delaware for reservations and exact departure times at (302)
834-7941.
For additional information, call Ed at 410 398-5013 or send an e-mail at
"ed-@mystandlace.com"

***
“Annual Fall Festival”
Alton, Illinois
July 26
Hosted by Troy Taylor
Contact Troy at: "ttay-@prairieghosts.com"

***
AUGUST 2002:

“Annual Haunted Halloween Night”
August 2
Lincoln Theater in Decatur, Illinois
Hosted by Troy Taylor
Contact Troy at: “tta-@prairieghosts.com"

***
“Ghost Hunter's Tour”
August 3
Alton, Illinois
Hosted by Troy Taylor
More info at: "http://www.prairieghosts.com/tours.html"

***
“Fort Delaware Ghost/Lantern Tours”
Friday, August 2nd
Fort Delaware
Call Fort Delaware for reservations and exact departure times at (302)
834-7941.
For additional information, call Ed at 410 398-5013 or send an e-mail at
"ed-@mystandlace.com"

***
“The Ohio State Reformatory Ghost Hunt”
Mansfield, Ohio
August 2nd
August 16th
August 30th
For more info visit: "http://www.mrps.org/ghost/index.html"

***
“West Virginia State Penitentiary Ghost Hunt’
August 9th
August 23rd
Moundsville, West Virginia
For more info contact John or Lisa at: "MAJD-@aol.com" or visit their
website at: "http://www.majda.net/"

***
“Fort Delaware Ghost/Lantern Tours”
Friday, August 23rd
Fort Delaware
Call Fort Delaware for reservations and exact departure times at (302)
834-7941.
For additional information, call Ed at 410 398-5013 or send an e-mail at
"ed-@mystandlace.com"

***
SEPTEMBER 2002:

“Tickets on Sale for the Halloween History & Hauntings Tours” September
3
Hosted by Troy Taylor and based on his book "Haunted Alton"! Join us for
public tours through the month of October! Alton, Illinois - More info
at:"http://www.prairieghosts.com/tours.html"

***
“The Ohio State Reformatory Ghost Hunt”
September 6th
September 14th
Mansfield, Ohio
For more info visit: "http://www.mrps.org/ghost/index.html

***
“Fort Delaware Ghost/Lantern Tours”
Friday, September 6th
Fort Delaware
Call Fort Delaware for reservations and exact departure times at (302)
834-7941.
For additional information, call Ed at 410 398-5013 or send an e-mail at
"ed-@mystandlace.com"

***
“Fort Delaware Ghost/Lantern Tours”
Saturday, September 7th
Fort Delaware
Call Fort Delaware for reservations and exact departure times at (302)
834-7941.
For additional information, call Ed at 410 398-5013 or send an e-mail at
"ed-@mystandlace.com"

***
“Fort Delaware Ghost/Lantern Tours”
Friday, September 13th
Fort Delaware
Call Fort Delaware for reservations and exact departure times at (302)
834-7941.
For additional information, call Ed at 410 398-5013 or send an e-mail at
"ed-@mystandlace.com"

***
“History and Haunts Cemetery Walk”
Saturday, September 14
St. Peters Cemetery, Smyrna, Del.
For additional information, call Ed at 410 398-5013 or send an e-mail
to: "ed-@mystandlace.com"

***
“Fort Delaware Ghost/Lantern Tour (departure from NEW JERSEY)”
Friday, Sept. 20
Fort Delaware
Call Fort Delaware for reservations and exact departure times at (302)
834-7941.
For additional information, call Ed at 410 398-5013 or send an e-mail at
"ed-@mystandlace.com"

***
“West Virginia State Penitentiary Ghost Hunt“
September 20th
Moundsville, West Virginia
Last ghost hunt for 2002!
For more info contact John or Lisa at: "MAJD-@aol.com" or visit their
website at: "http://www.majda.net/"

***
“Ghost/History Gathering”
Saturday, Sept. 21
North East, Md.
For additional information, call Ed at 410 398-5013 or send an e-mail
at "ed-@mystandlace.com"

***
“Mid-South Paranormal Convention”
Sept. 21st & 22nd from 9am - 5pm, both days.
EXPO FIVE 2900
South 7th Street
Louisville, Ky .
For more information or if you interested in renting booth space please
visit the LGHS website at:
"http://www.louisvilleghosthunters.homestead.com/"

***
“KateFest 2002”
Adams, Tennessee
September 28th and 29th
The KateFest Web page (""http://www.katefest.com"") is constantly
updated as things come together.

***
“History and Haunts Cemetery Walk”
Saturday, Sept. 28 at 7 p.m.
St. Mary Anne's Cemetery, North East, Md.
For additional information, call Ed at 410 398-5013 or send an e-mail at
“e-@mystandlace.com"

***
OCTOBER 2002:

“HAUNTED NEWPORT”
October 1-31, 2002
Newport, Rhode Island
More info at: "http://www.hauntednewport.com"

***
"Confessions of a Ghost Hunter" by Troy Taylor
October 3, at 7: 00 pm
Eastern Illinois University
Charleston, Illinois
For more info contact Troy Taylor at: "ttay-@prairieghosts.com"

***
“The Annual Fall Festival”
Saturday, October 5 from 12-5
The History & Hauntings Book Co.
Alton, Illinois
For more info contact Troy Taylor at: "ttay-@prairieghosts.com"

***
“Twilight Dinner Tour”
A History & Hauntings Tour
Hosted by author Troy Taylor
October 5
Alton, Illinois
For more info visit: "http://www.prairieghosts.com/tours.html"

***
"Confessions of a Ghost Hunter" by Troy Taylor
October 7at 6:00 pm
St. Louis Community College (Florissant Valley)
For more info contact Troy Taylor at: "ttay-@prairieghosts.com"

***
"Spirits of the Civil War" by Troy Taylor
October 10 at 7:00 pm
Fairview Heights Public Library
Fairview Heights, Illinois
For more info contact Troy Taylor at: "ttay-@prairieghosts.com"

***
“Twilight Dinner Tour”
A History & Hauntings Tour
Hosted by author Troy Taylor
October 11
Alton, Illinois
For more info visit: "http://www.prairieghosts.com/tours.html"

***
“Haunted History Cemetery Tour”
Friday, Oct. 11 at 6:30 and 8 p.m.,
Head of Christiana Cemetery, north of Newark, Del.
For additional information, call Ed at 410 398-5013 or send an e-mail at
"ed-@mystandlace.com"

***
“Twilight Tour”
A History & Hauntings Tour
Hosted by author Troy Taylor
October 12
Alton, Illinois
For more info visit: "http://www.prairieghosts.com/tours.html"

***
“Haunted Corn Maze”
Last three weekends of October
Leonard Michigan (North Oakland County)
For more info call (248)628-4014

***
“Twilight Tour”
A History & Hauntings Tour
Hosted by author Troy Taylor
October 13
Alton, Illinois
For more info visit: "http://www.prairieghosts.com/tours.html"

***
“Twilight Tour”
A History & Hauntings Tour
Hosted by author Troy Taylor
October 16
Alton, Illinois
For more info visit: "http://www.prairieghosts.com/tours.html"

***
“Twilight Tour”
A History & Hauntings Tour
Hosted by author Troy Taylor
October 17
Alton, Illinois
For more info visit: "http://www.prairieghosts.com/tours.html"

***
“Fort Delaware Ghost/Lantern Tours”
Friday, Oct. 18
Fort Delaware
Call Fort Delaware for reservations and exact departure times at (302)
834-7941.
For additional information, call Ed at 410 398-5013 or send an e-mail at
"ed-@mystandlace.com"

***
“Twilight Dinner Tour”
A History & Hauntings Tour
Hosted by author Troy Taylor
October 18
Alton, Illinois
For more info visit: "http://www.prairieghosts.com/tours.html"

***
“History and Haunts Cemetery Walk”
Oct. 19, Saturday, 5:30 and 7:30 p.m.
Old Drawyers Cemetery, north of Odessa, Del. (or perhaps a new cemetery
site).
For additional information, call Ed at 410 398-5013 or send an e-mail at
"ed-@mystandlace.com"

***
“Campout / Ghost Hunt in the ghost town of Sprucevale”
October 19th - Date subject to change due to the weather.
Near East Liverpool, Ohio
For more info contact John or Lisa at: "MAJD-@aol.com" or visit their
website at: "http://www.majda.net/"

***
“Haunted Decatur Tour”
Special Event co-hosted by Skip Huston &
Troy Taylor
October 19
Decatur, Illinois
More Information available at (217) 422-1776

***
“Twilight Tour”
A History & Hauntings Tour
Hosted by author Troy Taylor
October 20
Alton, Illinois
For more info visit: "http://www.prairieghosts.com/tours.html"

***
"Confessions of a Ghost Hunter" by TroyTaylor
October 21, 6:30 pm
Pekin Public Library
For more info contact Troy Taylor at: "ttay-@prairieghosts.com"

***
“Twilight Tour”
A History & Hauntings Tour
Hosted by author Troy Taylor
October 23
Alton, Illinois
For more info visit: "http://www.prairieghosts.com/tours.html"

***
“A History & Hauntings Tour”
Hosted by author Troy Taylor
October 24
Alton, Illinois
For more info visit: "http://www.prairieghosts.com/tours.html"

***
“Fort Delaware Ghost/Lantern Tours”
Friday, Oct. 25
Fort Delaware
Call Fort Delaware for reservations and exact departure times at (302)
834-7941.
For additional information, call Ed at 410 398-5013 or send an e-mail at
"ed-@mystandlace.com"

***
“Twilight Dinner Tour”
A History & Hauntings Tour
Hosted by author Troy Taylor
October 25
Alton, Illinois
For more info visit: "http://www.prairieghosts.com/tours.html"

***
“Ghost Tour of the Haunted Village”
Saturday, Oct. 26 at 6:30 and 8:30 p.m.,
Dover, Delaware
For additional information, call Ed at 410 398-5013 or send an e-mail at
"ed-@mystandlace.com"

***
“Twilight Dinner Tour”
A History & Hauntings Tour
Hosted by author Troy Taylor
October 26
Alton, Illinois
For more info visit: "http://www.prairieghosts.com/tours.html"

***
“Paranormal Conference”
October 26-27
Haunted Fourth Ward School Center in historic Virginia City, south of
Reno
For more information contact Mark Guilford at "mguil-@earthlink.net"
or Janice Oberding at "obee-@aol.com".
Conference registration page:
"http://www.sacramentoparanormal.com/vcpc2002.html"

***
“Twilight Tour”
A History & Hauntings Tour
Hosted by author Troy Taylor
October 27
Alton, Illinois
For more info visit: "http://www.prairieghosts.com/tours.html"

***
"History & Hauntings" by Troy Taylor
October 29, 7:00 pm
Taylorville Public Library
Taylorville, Illinois
For more info contact Troy Taylor at: "ttay-@prairieghosts.com"

***
“Annual Haunted Halloween Night at the Lincoln Theater”
An All-Night Ghost Hunt at the Most Haunted Theater
Hosted by Troy Taylor
October 31
Decatur, Illinois
For more info contact Troy Taylor at: "ttay-@prairieghosts.com"

***
NOVEMBER 2002:

“The Ohio State Reformatory Ghost Hunt”
November 9th
November 23rd - Last ghost hunt for 2002!
Mansfield, Ohio
For more info visit: "http://www.mrps.org/ghost/index.html"

***
APRIL 2003:

“Second Annual Ghost Hunters Conference”
Saturday, April 12, 2003
Governors Ballroom, Radison
Penn Harris in Camp Hill, Pa.
For more info contact Kelly Weaver at: "mailto:Weav-@aol.com"

___________

MEDIA LISTINGS
___________

   The media listing mainly cover the 8pm to 10pm time slots. Most
listed times are Eastern Standard Time. Please check your local listings
for the correct viewing times in your area.

***
TELEVISION PROGRAMS:

UPN:

Tue - 18th at 8pm - Buffy the Vampire Slayer

***
SCIFI:

Sunday thru Thursday at 11 and 11:30pm - Crossing Over With John Edwards

***
PAX:

Tue - 18th at 8pm - Mysterious Ways

***
DISCOVERY KIDS:

Fri - 21st at 8pm - Truth or Scare
Fri - 21st at 8:30pm - Truth or Scare
Sat - 22nd at 8pm - Truth or Scare
Sat - 22nd at 8:30pm - Truth or Scare
Sun - 23rd at 8pm - Truth or Scare
Sun - 23rd at 8:30pm - Truth or Scare
***
The "Exploring Unexplained Phenomena" radio program is on KZUM 89.3 FM,
Lincoln, NE, and has been on-air every Saturday morning since 1984, 10 -
11:30 am Central Time. The station phone number during the program only:
402-474-5086. The host is Scott H. Colborn, email at:
"kcol-@inebraska.com" and website is:
"http://www.thewayhomestore.com" .

***
INTERNET RADIO PROGRAMS:

Jeff Rense: Listen at : http://www.sightings.com/
Mon. - Fri. at 7pm to 10 pm Pacific time
Sat. at 9pm to 3am Pacific time
Sun. at 8pm to 11pm Pacific time

***
http://www.pawebcast.cc/

Live every Wednesdays from 8 to 9pm EST.
Listen at:
http://www.pawebcast.com/visions/visions_from_the_other_side.htm

***
The Lou Gentile Show