Welcome Guest!
 Haunted Places
Haunted-Places Report 11/26/07  Rev. Ron Beach
 Nov 26, 2007 05:40 PST

THE HAUNTED PLACES REPORT
"Some things exist whether you believe in them or not!"

Founded by: Dennis William Hauck
Edited by: Ronald E. Beach
Email: Edi-@haunted-places.com
Website: http://www.Haunted-Places.com
editor.
11/26/07

_____________________

FROM THE EDITOR
_____________________

        Please visit our website at: Haunted-Places.com and let us know
your thoughts & comments. Anything you like to see added to the site?
All items should be emailed to us at:
Edi-@haunted-places.com

******
         We are in the process of updating the Haunted-Places website
with upcoming events for 2007. Please email us with your upcoming
meetings, conferences, classes, or other events. Just email a short
description including dates, times, prices, & contact info to:
Edi-@Haunted-Places.com .

******
        Well we're all moved in (took longer than I thought) and back in
production. Hope everyone had a great turkey day. I’ve just heard from
Dennis, there were some tech issues with the website. These have been
corrected and updates to the group listings will soon be posted. Once
again, I apologize to everyone for the delay.

________________________

LETTERS TO THE EDITOR
________________________

        If anyone is looking for an awesome ghost tour, check out the
Fright Night Bus Tours in Naperville, Ill. (FrightNightTours.com). I
took the tour on Saturday night with some friends and we were knocked
out. This wasn't just the same old worn-out urban legend crap. It was
well worth the cost.
     The host, Kevin (don't know his last name) is a real ghosthunter
and researcher and told the stories where we actually got goosebumpts.
There was a story about a corpse dentist another about shadow people,
and we even did some real ghosthunting with real equipment. They even
have a Victorian/Gothic store with gorgeous jewelry, crystal ball, tarot
cards, books, etc. Fright Night also has haunted dinners with seances in
December, which I'm definitely gonna do. Tours go all year, not just
Halloween. Make sure you check it out online. FrightNightTours.com

Janice Sanders

*******
Hello Mr. Beach,

        I happened upon your site by accident and thought our ongoing
blog series on haunted libraries might very well interest you and your
readers. These biweekly posts, which are getting a lot of attention, are
written by George Eberhart of the American Library Association.
Libraries in virtually all of the 50 states, as well as libraries in a
few other countries, will be covered in these posts in the future.
       Here’s links to the first three posts; another group of states
will be dealt with next week:
"http://blogs.britannica.com/blog/main/2007/09/haunted-libraries-in-the-us-alabama-dc/"

"http://blogs.britannica.com/blog/main/2007/10/haunted-libraries-in-the-us-florida-maryland/"

"http://blogs.britannica.com/blog/main/2007/10/haunted-libraries-in-the-us-massachusetts-missouri/"

All the best,
Barbara Schreiber
The Britannica Blog
Encyclopaedia Britannica, Inc.
Chicago, Illinois USA 60610

*******
      Love your newsletter, but I feel I have to make a comment. My
comment is that alot of people write in and give us information and they
only tell what city or town it is in, but not the state. Perhaps you
could mention this in your next newsletter. In a previous newsletter, it
mentioned Randolph. It doesn’t say what state. I live near Randolph,
Mass. What is described doesn’t sound like the Randolph in my state. But
I have no idea where this Randolph is if they don’t give a state.

Thank you for your time,
Patti Craig.

________________________

FEATURE STORY
________________________

8th Avenue
Written by; Brandy Stark

        It’s late and the house is quiet. The phone isn’t ringing, the
neighbors areasleep and nobody‘s home but you. It’s the perfect time to
unwind and relax. And then an old familiar feeling starts to creep into
the back of your mind: someone is watching you. Shaking your head in
self-recrimination for such skittishness, you arise to prepare for some
well-deserved sleep.
       As you move towards the beckoning bed, you feel it again. You
swing around and find…nothing but empty air. You must be more tired
than you thought. Still, just to be safe you decide to sleep with the
lights on.
       Does this sound familiar? If so, you may be dealing with more
than lack of sleep and excessive caffeine consumption. These vague
experiences may point to an unseen tenant within your home, a spectral
spy keeping an eye on you.
       Like their living counterparts, ghosts can take on all number of
manners and personalities. Some appear very brazen, displaying raw
emotions and interfering with the lives of the living. Others, like
that described above, are much more subtle.
       Both scenarios were met with a home located on 8th Avenue North
in St. Petersburg. Activity started the day the sale closed on the
house: Oct. 31, 2001. The new homeowner planned to do some remodeling
of the house. She went in to snap a couple of quick photographs as
reminders of the “before” image. As she held up the camera, she felt it
being slapped out of her hands. It slid across the room and a wall,
shattering.
       Still undeterred, she continued with her plans to renovate and
move in. However, several times she arrived to find the construction
works near the verge of panic. They felt that they had an unusually
high number of on-the-job minor accidents, and sustained higher rates of
scratches and scrapes then normal. Several walked off the job.
       A cleaning man called the homeowner one morning to inform her
that a large glass door from her entertainment set flew off the console
and slammed into the floor. It was lodged so tightly that it took the
construction crews to pull it out.
       More disturbing was the reaction of her computer equipment in the
in-home office. Though it worked well before the move, in this house
she had gone through three hard drives, 4 mother boards, and 2 DVD
players on her stationary computer, and her laptop was in a state of
needing constant repair. The technicians could not explain why the
computer problems
occurred.
      She witnessed her elderly dog sit up in bed late at night, wagging
her tail as if greeting someone coming into the room. She saw shadows
out of the corner of her eyes, her keys vanish, and locked doors
appeared to unlock themselves.
      She called in the SPIRITS to investigate.
      During the investigation few images were captured, though the team
sensitives felt the presence of a kindly old woman. She seemed to stay
upstairs where her bedroom used to be. Research showed it might be the
former homeowner who, with her first husband, built the house. After
her husband died, she remarried and continued working on the house, with
the biggest addition being the garage out back.
       The garage also contained a male presence. Sensitives felt him
asking about the whereabouts of a tree that he had liked. The homeowner
explained later that the tree was sick when she bought the house and she
had to have it cut down. Yet, his intimate knowledge of the house led
the homeowner to conclude from her own research that he was related to
the old woman, either as the second husband or as a grounds keeper.
       The SPIRITS also thought there may be a third presence related to
the house, perhaps that of a wandering ghost.   He was possibly a thief
who had broken into the house before, and was quite discontent with his
life and his passing. He held a fascination for electronic equipment and
it was he who was responsible for breaking it.
       The homeowner is taking this in stride. She has asked the
entities to stop unlocking the doors and taking her things.
       “I smudge monthly,” the homeowner explains. Smudging is the
standard practice of burning sage and wafting the smoke throughout the
household. It is believed to remove negative presences. She believes
that the old woman’s ghost left at the time of the first smudging.
       As for the computer-tampering ghost, “I often yell at him when
the computer acts us now and tell him to go towards the light.
Brightening up the area of the office has changed things significantly,
but he still has an attitude and messes with the computer. It crashed
again on April 30 and then the laptop went down on the 7th of May.

________________________

SEEKING INFORMATION
________________________

        This section is devoted to helping those looking for paranormal
groups near their home or seeking information about various hauntings.
If you can provide answers or help to any of these requests please feel
free to email the senders.

____________________

TRUE EXPERIENCES
_____________________

From: Jinny

Kentucky Bardstown/Louisville/Mt. Washington

       I lived in Kentucky until I was 14 and there were stories of this
old colonial house on Bardstown Rd (sometimes called Louisville Road,
depending on what direction you are travelling) called the Star Inn. The
stories were that when it rained, blood would come out of the stairs and
the walls, there was a room with a canopy bed, and if you spent the
night in there you would end up under the bed.
       There were a lot of other stories associated with the inn, but I
can't seem to remember them. The most frequently told was the bed
though. I never knew if the stories were really true until a friend told
me her dad had slept in the canopy room when he was a teenager (he was
friends with a boy who lived there at the time) and he and his friend
woke up under the bed at one point and my friend's dad thought his
friend was playing a trick, but then it happened two more times that
night and he became convinced his friend wasn't doing it. I thought she
was full of it until I asked her dad about it and he got very nervous
and shaky and refused to talk about it and that I shouldn't have
mentioned it. Who knows?
       Anyway, the house changes hands all the time because people move
in thinking they'll be able to find a rational explanation (like red
paint behind the wallpaper) but move when they can't. It's a private
residence. But most people who travel down that road know exactly where
it is. It's directly on the side of the road, has five stars or so
running horizontally between the windows of the upper and lower floors,
and is on a hillside on the descending side of the road about halfway
between Bardstown and Louisville.