Welcome Guest!
 Haunted Places
 Dec 14, 2002 12:02 PST
THE HAUNTED PLACES REPORT

Founded by: Dennis William Hauck
Edited by: Rev. Ronald E. Beach
Email: Edi-@haunted-places.com
Website: http://www.Haunted-Places.com

editor.

10/17/02

___________

CONTENTS:
___________

* From the Editor
* Letters to the Editor
* Announcements
* Feature Story
* Seeking Information
* True Stories
* Upcoming Events
* Media Listings

_____________

FROM THE EDITOR
_____________

Are you staring a new paranormal investigation group? Is your group
looking for new members? Does your group have an upcoming event? Has
your group done any interesting investigations? Has your group or
members of it appeared on any TV or radio programs? Do you have any
ghostly related news from your local area? If the answer to any of these
questions is “Yes”, please let us know so we can publish the information
in upcoming issues.

***
Well, the Haunted Places Report back! I have to say I’m really sorry
about the length of time between now and the last issue. I’ve really
been going thru some rough times with my divorce and life in general but
everything is looking better. I want to thank everyone for their prayers
and words of encourage meant. It really helped me get thru things.

_____________

LETTERS TO THE EDITOR
_____________

We invite your letters to the editor. Tell us how you feel about things
in the newsletter or in the ghost hunting community. All letters must be
accompanied by an email address so other readers can respond to you.

***

_____________

ANNOUNCEMENTS
_____________

We are two women from New York City who are still looking for a
paranormal group to work with. If anyone is interested in taking us on,
please contact Eileen or Nadja at: scully-@nyc.rr.com

***
From: Chris & Ginger Pennell, Founders, Spring Spirit Seekers
http://www.springspiritseekers.com
http://www.americanparanormalpages.com

We have started a new paranormalweb-zine. We are a Texas based group,
Spring Spirit Seekers. We developed the webzine for all paranormal
investigative groups as well as anyone with an interest in the
paranormal.
The paranormal web-zine features informative articles, regular columns,
photo contests, reader submission stories and photos, and classified ad
spaces just to name a few things!
There will also be complimentary space provided for paranormal
investigative groups to announce any special events coming up that
they'd like to get the word out about!
It's a paranoraml web-zine geared towards everyone! To check it out go
to“ http://www.americanparanormalpages.com

***
From: bean-@hotmail.com

The Sears on Aurora Ave in Shoreline is haunted by
a ex-employee and a murder victim.

***
From: Todd Shepard at: tshe-@uwpv.org

Hi, I'm in the Springfield, Mass. area and have a few come upon a few
tips I think you'll find worthy of investigation .
There's a well known local nightspot/restaurant here, situated in the
heart of the 'entertainment district' called "Theodores" at 201
Worthington St. (413)736-6000. The place itself is incredibly old. Very
19th century, high backed wooden booths, hardwood floor, Victorian era
bar and stage area, etc. From what I gather has been a local watering
hole in one form or another since the 1880's.
I've been a regular periodic patron for a number of years to the point
where I've developed a decent rapport with the two owners. Very
pragmatic sorts I might add, and certainly not the types one would
perceive as given to flights of fancy. In conversation with a friend of
mine, who is a certified medium that does various investigations in this
region, it was mentioned that "Theodore's" is a hotbed of paranormal
activity, although as to what it is anyone's guess.
A few weeks later I casually asked one of the longtime bartenders if
there was any truth to this, and she completely froze up in mid
sentence. Becoming very hyper and agitated. Wanted to know "What I knew
about it?" When I explained that I knew very little save what I'd been
told, she grew noticably more animated and then quickly went to find one
of the owners. I was as much suprised by her reaction as anything as it
seemed somewhat over the top. Now I was definitely intrigued. The owner
who having recognized me from across the crowded room came over, bought
me a round and engaged me in conversation regarding what I may or may
not have been aware of.
He was friendly enough about it but very matter of fact as he told me
how they have a recurring problem with different manifestations,
disembodied footsteps, moving cold spots, told me most of the wait staff
refuse to go into the basement alone and that he himself is of the
opinion there's something a miss. Pretty compelling all told. The place
most definitely has a certain 'feel' to it that one picks up on almost
immediately upon entering.
ALSO.....I wanted to clarify that your records currently have another
listing for a restaurant as being on Route 5 in Springfield, Mass.
called the 'Ashley House' I believe.
It's actually in WEST Springfield, Mass. just across the Connecticut
River from the city of Springfield. And has been reborn as an
establishment called the "Piccadilly Pub" now for a few years running.
To the best f my knowledge, it's still a pretty "active" location.

***
From: ChillHu-@aol.com

Berks/Schuylkill Counties in Pennsylvania at:
www.chill2thebone.fearhunter.penns.us

***
From: le-@southernalabamaparanormalinvestigations.com

My name is Leya Schindler, founder of SAPI. We have just heard about
your website! It seems very interesting. I hope to enjoy the upcoming
newsletters. In this particular newsletter, it asked to let you know of
any organizations in this field and any media attention. So, here we
are!
We are always looking for members. In fact, we are trying to form in
all 50 states at this time. We recently were featured here, locally on
NBC/WPMI, Mobile, Alabama and surrounding areas. They covered a story on
local investigators/hunters, which featured SAPI only. They also were
able to get great footage of some of our investigations. We are still
awaiting the unseen footage to arrive, along with copies of the show.

***
From Bryan at: bry-@rockymountainparanormal.com

We are a Colorado based paranormal research group that is dedicated to
helping people with paranormal problems and documenting paranormal
events. Visit our site at: http://www.rockymountainparanormal.com

***
From Trisha at: nitab-@hotmail.com

I used to live in Midlothian, Il. and I was very surprised to not see
Bachelors Grove Cemetery is not in your list. If you go to any other
site it can be found and it is considered the number one haunted place
in the Chicago area. It's located in Midlothian just off of the
Midlothian Turnpike and I believe 143 Street. Check it out. I've been
there only two times but only during the day and I didn't see anything
but maybe you will.

***
From: Shannon at: butterfl-@yahoo.com

There is one place in Washington state you should add which is the
Borst mansion in Centralia Washington lots of strange things happen
there.
The Borst family house was moved from its original location, to where
it now sits. The ghosts have been seen around the house and cemetery
where there children lie. The children's bodies were also dug up from
there grave sight and moved to a different cemetery. Their mother’s
spirit has been seen and heard looking for her children. No one knows
how the children died.
There is also a old school house next to the house where the Borst
children attended. Ghostly apparitions have been seen in the school
house. For more information you can email me.

***
From: Sender requested we not use their name

Mary Todd Lincoln and her children from Washington D.C., spent two
summers at The Equinox, built in 1769, in Manchester Village, Vt. The
family planned to return the summer of 1865, but plans changed after the
assassination of Abraham Lincoln. The family's ties to the area
continued and strengthened with son Robert Todd Lincoln's purchase of
neighboring estate Hildene. Employees at the hotel report seeing images
on the third floor of a woman and a child that are consistent with
descriptions of Mary Todd Lincoln and one of her sons. Perhaps through
their visits they are trying to recapture the care free days of those
summers.

____________

FEATURE STORY
____________

Searching for Spirits at the Presidio
Manuel Ramos

The future of the Presidio is the source of much debate, but what about
its past? It sounds a bit farfetched, but a team of locals has been
combing San Francisco's old army base with cameras and tape recorders
for ten months.
They are searching for spirits and what they're hearing are spooky
stories about shadowy figures moving around the Old Fort. "I saw an
image out of the side of my head," Mia Andrade said. "Often people say
when they see an image, it is dressed in a military uniform. And that's
what I saw a green coat."
Andrade is the manager of the café at the old Officers Club. She said
she also hears dead people. Maybe a spirit banging on the old bar
demanding a drink. "I heard a very distinctive knock, knock, knock,
knock. It freaked me out cause no one else was in the building."
While skeptics will call these reports nothing but active imaginations
in full throttle, we decided to visit some of the locations for
ourselves. We went to places like the Ballroom where flames in the
fireplace, according to a Presidio Employee, suddenly go out and then
start up again.
Tony Ortega said he couldn't explain the feeling of being shoved when
no one else was in the room. At first, he thought it was a co-worker.
"I thought he came up behind me and pushed me in the back. I turned
around and there was nobody there. It scared the heck out of me
though."
None of the team of locals studying the reports of ghostly appearances
agreed to talk to us. But, when reached by phone, spokesperson Sharon
Maher, confirms they are looking into these strange reports.
A Muni driver said he picked up an army officer at the bus stop across
from the old Letterman site. The officer was in full dress uniform and
got on the bus. When the driver looked in his rearview mirror, he was
gone.
Since we don't scare easily, we asked the local team for a first-hand
glimpse at hard evidence. Alas, the spirit chasers are not ready to make
themselves visible, at least not yet. But they say they have the goods,
both photos and video. They told us to wait and see.
The Presidio is helping the group conduct the survey. One of them is a
psychic. "Many of them, from her perspective, have a reason for being
here," said Presidio spokesperson Jackie Michaels. "They have a need to
express something. She (the psychic) gets that message from them and
then they are able to go on."
The people trying to contact the Presidio spirits call themselves
"intuitive archeologists." And they want themselves and the spirits
taken seriously.

____________

SEEKING INFORMATION
___________

email the senders.
***
From: Y2Cu-@aol.com

I would like to know if there is such a place called "Curtain Hill" and
if this place does so exist, where on earth would it be located? I have
only found one contact online so far who can reference this name at all,
and he places it in a small non-existant town called Stubban, Ohio.
He says there is a mansion whose owner was tortured and killed inside,
but I can not confirm whether any of what he says is true. I only can
validate that everything I know of so far was literally dreamed up just
last night. I would greatly appreciate any help anybody can give me as
to the existence and location of a place called "CURTAIN HILL."

***
From: Tara at: thompso-@sbcglobal.net

I was curious about some haunted places to go to in my state. I would
like to know of any in central Arkansas. I have been very interested in
this for a long time.

***
From Brandy at: sfcf-@scfn.thpl.lib.fl.us

I am curious: has anyone here used Kirilian (SP?) photography? If so,
can it be utilized on a large scale or for a large sized object? I was
talking to a reporter today about a semi-local (Tarpon Springs) shrine.
It almost holds a palpable energy, and several miracles of healing have
been attributed to the shrine and it's patron (St. Michael of
Taxigarkis, spelling again....my materials are not with me. I'm getting
ready to teach my night world religions class!) I was talking about
kirilian photography and how it captures the basic biofield around
living creatures.
I wonder if there is a palpable field around an area of healing? It may
not be a biofield, so it may not work for kirilian. I'd be curious to
see how such places did when photographed. I know that the placed
emitted NO EMF, but its atmosphere was very powerful. Any thoughts would
be appreciated.

***
From Sue at: sueadk-@hotmail.com

I am interested in "Rose Red". Does it really exist, if so where is it
located.

***
From: Janie at: JGant-@aol.com

Are there ever any tours anywhere near Dayton, Ohio?

***
From: cand-@msn.com"

I was recently doing some research on Moody's light outside
Francisville, IN. About 10 years ago while attending college I was able
to witness this occurrence.
Apparently an individual from Purdue University had the same
experience..... "http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~behnkear/Moodyslight.htm"
Do you have any additional information or have you every experienced
this?

***
From: Jeff at: chiefsf-@juno.com"

I am interested in finding paranormal activity in or around the
Danville, VA area. Do you have any information about this topic?

***
From: MC at: meli-@oneworldbdc.com

I was wondering if you know of a more thorough listing of haunts in
central Florida. I've heard rumors about Deland, any others you can tell
me how to find?

***
From:TaraFor-@aol.com

I was wondering if you have any Information on the legend of the Jersey
Devil. I’ve heard so many tales about it, but never a complete history.

***
From:thompso-@sbcglobal.net

I'm very interested in haunted houses/hotels in Arkansas.

___________

TRUE STORIES
___________

From: Lori at: twopa-@yahoo.com

My ex-husband and I took a trip about 3 years ago to Chickamauga
(spelling) in Georgia, cause we are both civil war buffs, anyway, we
went on a self-guided tour of the battlefield and were studying the
placements and so forth for the skirmishes. One place we stopped was on
a hill, a memorial dedicated to the men who had died there, and if you
looked down the hill, you saw woods, anyway, we were standing there
talking and taking pictures and I just happened to look down the hill
where I saw a man coming out of the woods dressed in Confederate
uniform, everything but his shoes and his uniform looked the worse for
wear. We just thought maybe they were doing some sort of reenactment (
and wanted everything to look as original as possible). When we got back
to the visitor's center and asked about attending we were met with blank
stares, he explained that they only had reenactments at certain times
and this wasn't one of them. When he inquired as to what prompted us to
ask, we just! looked at each other and changed the subject, have always
wanted to go back and see if I see the same man again, or someone
different.

___________

UPCOMING EVENTS
___________

For complete details of all events listed in this section please visit:
http://www.haunted-places.com/tours.htm

***
APRIL 2003:

“Second Annual Ghost Hunters Conference”
Saturday, April 12, 2003
Governors Ballroom, Radison
Penn Harris in Camp Hill, Pa.
For more info contact Kelly Weaver at: "Weav-@aol.com"

___________

MEDIA LISTINGS
___________

   The media listing mainly cover the 8pm to 10pm time slots. Most
listed times are Eastern Standard Time. Please check your local listings
for the correct viewing times in your area.

***
INTERNET RADIO PROGRAMS:

***
The "Exploring Unexplained Phenomena" radio program is on KZUM 89.3 FM,
Lincoln, NE, and has been on-air every Saturday morning since 1984, 10 -
11:30 am Central Time. The station phone number during the program only:
402-474-5086. The host is Scott H. Colborn, email at:
"kcol-@inebraska.com" and website is:
"http://www.thewayhomestore.com" .

Jeff Rense: Listen at : http://www.sightings.com/
Mon. - Fri. at 7pm to 10 pm Pacific time
Sat. at 9pm to 3am Pacific time
Sun. at 8pm to 11pm Pacific time

***
http://www.pawebcast.cc/

Live every Wednesdays from 8 to 9pm EST.
Listen at:
http://www.pawebcast.com/visions/visions_from_the_other_side.htm

***
The Lou Gentile Show