Welcome Guest!
 Haunted Places
The Haunted-Places Report 07/13/2006  Rev. Ron Beach
 Jul 13, 2006 10:58 PDT

THE HAUNTED PLACES REPORT

Founded by: Dennis William Hauck
Edited by: Rev. Ronald E. Beach
Email: Edi-@haunted-places.com
Website: http://www.Haunted-Places.com

editor.

07/13/06

_____________

FROM THE EDITOR
_____________

Please visit our website at: Haunted-Places.com and let us know your
thoughts & comments. Anything you like to see added to the site? All
items should be emailed to us at: Webma-@haunted-places.com

******
With the upcoming spring and summer everyone’s ghost hunting
activities are going to start increasing. We’re hoping to start
receiving enough info to once again publish the newsletter on a weekly
basis.
Please let us know about your groups upcoming 2006 ghost hunts /
events so we can post them in the newsletter and on the website.
Information can be sent to: edi-@haunted-places.com

_______________

ANNOUNCEMENTS
_______________

The winners of the Sci-Fi Ghost Hunters contest were KW of Indiana and
JP of Ohio. Congrats!!!

*****

Announcing the much requested return of...

The Ghosts of Lincoln Tour!

   We'll do four tours in October (one per week). We'll have a chartered
bus. The itinerary will be the famous and the not-so-well-known sites in
Lincoln of alleged sightings of ghosts and other ghostly apparitions.
Because of respect for private property and privacy this is a drive-by
tour.
Join us and hear ghost stories and tales of the unknown as we drive
around Lincoln and see the sites and hear the tales on the Ghosts of
Lincoln Tour. Telling stories and anecdotes will be local ghost
historian and researcher Dale Bacon, who has conducted numerous tours in
the past.
Final details will be forthcoming, the dates and times of each tour in
October. etc. I'll have various locations around Lincoln selling
tickets, including a postal box. Your prepaid ticket will be your
guarantee of a seat. Sorry - no tickets will be held without payment.
One price for all - the bus has limited seats so children and adult
prices are the same.
If you are a member of the media and would like to interview Dale
Bacon or myself, please contact Scott Colborn at:
scottc-@inebraska.com .
In prior Ghosts of Lincoln Tours, I had entire offices going,
families, couples, singles, etc. Most people called in or mailed
multiple ticket requests. This is a fun event and will be suitable for
all ages - parents will need to be with their children. I've facilitated
many of these tours in the past, and each tour will fill quickly as more
publicity is generated.
The Ghosts of Lincoln Tour is sponsored by "Buy Lincoln: Lincoln's
Free Guide to Locally Owned Businesses," and, "Good Eating: Lincoln's
Restaurant, Food & Entertainment Guide," as well as select Lincoln
businesses. The first ad will appear in the current edition of "Buy
Lincoln" magazine, on the streets July 15th - September 15th.

All the best.
Walk in Beauty, Peace.
Scott
Host of the "Exploring Unexplained Phenomena" radio program, Saturdays
10 - 11:30 am Central Time, on KZUM 89.3 FM, Lincoln, NE, and worldwide
via "http://www.kzum.org" . Archived for listening and Pod-casting on
"http://friends-of-eup.mypodcasts.net" , with a link to a free
pod-catcher utility here: "http://ipodder.sourceforge.net/index.php" .

******
I have a person who has contacted me from my interview
from Coast to Coast. She lives in California and
claims to have strong demonic possession/problems.
In speaking with her, I'm not sure exactly what the
issue is (a lot revolves around a disliked former
neighbor and her mother's death). I cannot claim
certainty to what is going on, other than she needs
help.
I cannot help her much from Florida, but wondered if
you had recommendations for folks who might be able to
contact and help her...? She claims that she has gone
to doctors and priests and has found no help....and
that these attacks includes sexual issues, and so on.
Is there someone in California who can contact her
ASAP? E-mail me and I'll be happy to pass on her
phone number (with her permission) or pass yours to
hers.

Thank you,
Brandy Stark
SPIRITS of St. Petersburg
puggodd-@yahoo.com

******
There has been some new material posted at Massachusetts Paranormal
Crossroads...
1) There have been additions and updates added to the haunted sites
pages at "http://www.masscrossroads.com/counties" .
2) At "http://www.masscrossroads.com/newschool" is the classic case of
a haunted schoolhouse in Newburyport.
3) We were lucky enough to get an interview with Loren Coleman and
were able to speak about the Bridgewater Triangle, the Dover Demon and
other cases he was involved in. "http://www.masscrossroads.com/coleman"
4) At "http://www.masscrossroads.com/penguin" there is a new twist on
an old urban legend involving an autistic child, a trip to the New
England Aquarium and a new take on man's best friend.

As always, we are looking for your stories, and right now we are doing
research about Freetown, Massachusetts and Northampton Hospital, so if
you have heard stories or have had experiences yourself, please write.

Christopher Balzano
Massachusetts Paranormal Crossroads
www.masscrossroads.com

******
This is Susie Burnett from Rescue Mediums TV show writing to you once
again.
I hope this letter finds you very well! I just wanted to drop you a
line
to say Hi and to update you with what's been happening with our show.
We've been on air now since February and the response has been
fantastic! It's been so good, in fact, that W Network has given us
another 2 seasons!
As well, our producers have just made some deals with distributors in
4 different countries, including the US, so Rescue Mediums will soon be
going international. It's all very exciting but now the work begins
again. And this brings me to why I'm contacting you now.
I am once again looking for those haunted places to film at. With our
new contract, we are no longer limited to ONLY residential houses, nor
do we have to film only in Canada. The creator of our show, Michael
Lamport, is looking to include both the US and the UK in the filming of
our second and third seasons. He specifically mentioned that he would
love to shoot in Salem, Mass. and Savannah, Georgia (for obvious
reasons :), but anyplace is a possibility. As before, I'm wondering if
you have any suggestions for me of haunted places we may be able to
shoot at.
With our new mandate, we are a lot more flexible to the types of
haunted buildings we can visit as well as their locations.
Also, Michael will soon be giving me an updated casting notice for
Rescue Mediums and I was hoping that you might be able to include it in
your newsletters for awhile again.
I guess that's about it for now. Again, any suggestions you may have
would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks so much, Ron, and I hope all is really well with you.

Best regards,
Susie Burnett
Researcher
Rescue Mediums
crazyp-@hotmail.com

_______________

FEATURE STORY
_______________

ORBS
Brandy Stark
"http://centralflghosts.homestead.com/49th.html"

Orbs: These are perhaps the most debated aspect of paranormal
investigation. Soft white to nearly solid in appearance, textured or
flat, tail or no tail, these mysterious images appear in every ghost
hunter’s photo album. While there is no doubt to the existence of orbs,
the question comes down to definition. What exactly are they?
To some, orbs represent what is described as condensed spiritual
activity. This is seen as a strong spiritual presence, the ghost at an
intensive focus. Orbs often appear during ghost hunts, or hovering
around family members during memorial sessions and holidays. They
manifest during EMF sessions and at the fingertips of sensitives,
pointing the way to the deceased.
To others, there are many natural causes for orbs. With the advent of
digital cameras, whose flash is very close to the lens, orbs have
manifested in mass. Simply running a finger over a bookshelf and
unsettling dust can replicate them. The heat in Florida leads to closed
homes and running air conditioners; the same air is cycled allowing dust
to remain. Additionally, the very thing we seek shelter from, humidity,
also creates light refractions and false positives.
So, how do ghost hunters know when an orb is legitimate or not? This
particular investigation was a “control” investigation, to the
homeowner’s knowledge. The house had little to no anomalous phenomena
(no temperature fluctuations and little in the way of unexplained EMF).
The SPIRITS did take time to experiment with lens flairs created by
high-lighted sources (such as other camera flashes). As predicted, we
did get “false positive” flash images to add to our continuing research.

However, sensitives picked up three names associated with the house –
“Eleanor”, “John” and “Mable”. Orbs also appeared in photographs that
were not part of a testing process.
So, what explanations fit with this scenario? The homeowner knew the
man who built the home and interviewed him on our findings. No one lived
in the homes matching the names described. However, recently an Aunt of
the homeowners, named “Mable” had died. Could she be a “drop in” entity,
who also produced the orbs we captured?
Or was there something in the home that produced the images? The
homeowner was undergoing some construction in the weeks before the
SPIRITS arrived.
Overall, this investigation does leave some questions to be answered.
Unfortunately, the SPIRITS did not have another opportunity to
investigate the home since the owner moved out and left the area a short
time later. Only continued efforts, experiments, improvements in
technology, and more investigations can help to solve this often-debated

topic in ghost investigation.

____________

SEEKING INFORMATION
___________

email the senders.

*****
From: Wendy at: wmars-@rogers.ca

I am from Canada and was wondering if you have done any research on
the Donnolley farm in Lucan. My family lived on the roman line and
actually dealt with the Donnollys in the 1800's. We owned a farm on
Waylens Corners near the Roman Line. The barn is original as is the
cemetery at St Patricks church where the Donnollys attended.
Sightings are frequent as are the clarauditory sounds associated with
them. I plan on making a trip to the church again in the very near
future. My family has told of many tales regarding the Roman Line. I
would be interested in knowing if you have information on this sight.

*****
From Trixie at: trixi-@hotmail.com

I live in Rocky Mount North Carolina. If you know of any good haunted
places within a 50 or so mile radius from me I would love to know about
them. I am a first grade teacher so I will be out for the summer soon
and am ready to go hunting!

___________

TRUE EXPERIENCES
___________

From: charlie-@hotmail.com

My friend told me this story about when she was up north in Wisconsin
staying in some cabins with family during the summer. A few things
happened. One time, during the night, the radio just suddenly turned on,
the dial moved around playing different stations- mostly static. He got
off and unplugged it, and for the rest of the night it stopped. But
then, a couple nights later, the same thing happened.
This time, her dad got up to turn it off, but when he turned it off it
kept going. When he unplugged it, it kept on playing! He finally
resorted to throwing the radio on the ground, smashing it into pieces-
which is what it took to turn it off. After that, they figured it was
time to leave, so they planned to take off the next evening.
During the last day they were there, my friend decided to use the
sauna. The sauna was very safe. Since it's not good to be in a sauna for
too terrible long, you want to avoid getting locked in there. That's why
whoever had made the sauna put the lock on the inside. But when my
friend tried to open the door, she realized it was locked. The thing
that is most interesting is that the lock was not one that you could
pick or lock if you had a key from the outside. It was one where the
metal clasp fits inside the hole on the wall. When she asked someone who
had used it, they told her that the lock could've never done that by
itself, for it was hard enough to lock when you were in the inside.