Welcome Guest!
 Haunted Places
 Nov 03, 2006 11:04 PST

THE HAUNTED PLACES REPORT
"Some things exist whether you believe in them or not!"

Founded by: Dennis William Hauck
Edited by: Rev. Ronald E. Beach
Email: Edi-@haunted-places.com
Website: http://www.Haunted-Places.com

editor.

11/03/06

_____________

FROM THE EDITOR
_____________

Please visit our website at: Haunted-Places.com and let us know your
thoughts & comments. Anything you like to see added to the site? All
items should be emailed to us at: Web-@haunted-places.com

*****
Greetings to all our subscribers,

I think we are finally getting enough submissions that we can, at long
last, go back to being a weekly newsletter. As you can see there are
lots of items in this issue. We encourage everyone to send us stories,
upcoming events, news, or anything else that is ghost related. The
newsletter will be published each Sunday evening so we'll need your
submissions by Saturday.
If you have a group that is not listed in the Haunted-Places State by
State listing we invited you to submit your group to :
Webma-@haunted-places.com

________________________

LETTERS TO THE EDITOR
________________________

We welcome and will publish any and all letters to the Editor.

_______________

ANNOUNCEMENTS
_______________

From: Brian at: doorwa-@yahoo.com

You're invited to check my new Paranormal website out.

www.doorwaysmagazine.com

*****
From: Rob McConnell - The 'X' Zone Radio & TV Show
Back By Popular Demand: Stories from The ‘X’ Zone Radio Show Archives

1.‘Hobbit’ Discovered: Tiny Human Ancestor Found in Asia -
www.xzone-radio.com/hobbiy.htm

2.‘Psychic Surgeon’ A Heel Not A Healer. Police Say -
www.xzone-radio.com/psychicsurgeon.htm

3. 1970 Poltergeist in St. Catharines Documented by Police -
www.xzone-radio.com/stcatharines.htm

4.Canadian Paranormal Broadcaster Take of the Mexican UFO Incident of
March 5 2004 -
www.xzone-radio.com/rmmexufo.htm

5. How to Receive The ‘X’ Zone Radio Show by Satellite -
www.xzone-radio.com/satellite.htm

6. Is This The Hand of Bigfoot? -
www.xzone-radio.com/thehand.htm

7. Lochness Monster Tooth Proven To Be A Hoax -
www.xzone-radio.com/lochnesstooth.htm

8. McMaster Researchers Rewire Spinal Cord Nerves To Produce Functionary
Recovery -
www.xzone-radio.com/research.htm

9. Mitchell Hedges Crystal Skull of Doom -
www.xzone-radio.com/crystalskull.htm

10. Skulls >From The Triangle Of The Ancient Gods -
www.xzone-radio.com/skulls.htm

11. South Pole Telescope and the Planet X Connection -
www.xzone-radio.com/planetx.htm

12. Stabilized Footage of the Bigfoot 1967 Patterson Film -
www.xzone-radio.com/stabilized_sasquatch_film_media.htm

13. Trivia from The ‘X’ Zone Radio Show -
www.xzone-radio.com/trivia.htm

14. Truth About the 1967 Roger Patterson Bigfoot Hoax -
www.xzone-radio.com/sasquatch1.htm

15. UFO in Utah? -
www.xzone-radio.com/utah_ufo.htm

16. US Forces’ Use Depleted Uranium Is Illegal -
www.xzone-radio.com/sundayherald.htm
17. Uses of Seaweed for Humans -
www.xzone-radio.com/seaweed.htm

18. Your Horoscope -
www.xzone-radio.com/horoscope.htm

*****
From Patti at: Patti Starr pat-@ghosthunter.com

Please be sure to visit the:
Ghost Hunter Shop
835 Porter Place, Lexington, KY 40508
859-576-5517
Website: http://www.ghosthunter.com/

*****
From: Michael at: mmaso-@yahoo.com>

In Houston TX, there is an old abandoned hospital. It was built on top
of the second oldest Cemetery in Houston, and was a Confederate
cemetery. It still stands erect with large windows busted out,
and two large pillars that stand on each side of the main entrance.
I WAS LUCKY ENOUGH TO VISIT HERE! I went at night with a friend and it
was very eerie! We had flashlights and saw spooky stuff still inside.
We saw old hospital beds, mini blinds still on some of
The windows. You just had a feeling of un-ease. Only the local
Houstonians are aware of its exact location(near the older part of
downtown).
I didn’t see anything when I went, but rumor has it apparitions of
nurses and doctors are said to occasionally appear on different floors.
There is also a "ghost town" neighborhood called BRIO TOXIC It was a
subdivision bought by a chemical company and was built on top of toxic
land making all the residents sick and killing 2 children. So the
neighborhood was boarded up and unfinished. It still stands today!! You
are supposed to be able to hear babies crying in one of the houses past
the wooded are there. I will included a link to this place:
http://www.ghosttowns.com/states/tx/briotoxicneighborhood.html

*****
From: Mary

I worked at Everly's Funeral Home in Fairfax, VA back in the 1980's.
I had the cleaning contract for four years and during that time I came
to know that spirits indeed do exist. The original building was built
in the 1800's and still had some of the original, antiquated equipment
stored in the attic including body removal baskets and old embalming
tools. One side of this funeral home was extremely uncomfortable to
remain in for any length of time.
   This side was part of the original building. Both the gold colored
viewing room and the Smoking Room directly below it would give every one
who went in or walked past them a feeling of dread and for boding. One
of the funeral directors who lived on the top floor of the funeral home
reported hearing footsteps and slamming doors at night and other times
after hours.
In my mind's eye, I envisioned a thin elderly woman who occupied the
Gold Room. She wore a long black morning dress from the early 1900"s
and was very upset. When I finally relayed this "vision" to one of the
morticians he said he had the exact same experience. He and I could
also tell when the body that was laid out for viewing, belonged to
someone who had committed suicide. It was as though, the closer we got
to the body, the more intense we would experience feelings of sadness
and anxiety. As soon as the body was removed for burial, the feelings
would abate.
The funeral home is located in Old Town Fairfax, Virginia on Main
Street.

*****
From: VALERIE

Anoka, Minnesota has at least 3 haunted buildings that I've heard about:

The old Pierce Motel (Now Billy's bar) on Jackson Street
The old State Hospital at the end of 4th Avenue
Sandberg Middle School
_______________

FEATURE STORY
_______________

Is EVP proof that we survive death?
By Paul Curran Paul Curran
Email: paulmartint-@yahoo.co.uk
©2006 Paul Curran

   Many of us have lost loved ones and wonder how they are in the next
life. The afterlife is an important issue for everyone as our physical
bodies won’t exist forever but instead decay and rot away in coffins.
Will we be OK after we leave this world? Will evil people go to hell?
Will the good people meet their loved ones in heaven? Will we be
reincarnated and return to this world again? Could the dead really be
just gone? Why was life unjust? Fear of death is common as it involves
a lot of unknowns. Losing a friend or relative is so painful, scary,
anger-provoking, sad, heartbreaking…
   Some believe communication with spirits who have passed away is
possible via Electronic Voice Phenomena, which may not be unrealistic.
I wanted to know that my loved ones still exist. Mediums typically are
not common and are likely to be expensive and possibly frauds as no
physical evidence is obtained. In contrast setting up recording
equipment is a practical method of making contact.
   I personally captured EVPs among my recordings and found messages
from friends who died and even from strangers, who I didn’t know when
they were in their physical form. During one recording session I asked,
“What is your name” and heard “Anna”. In another occasion I heard a
male voice attempting to contact someone called Paula. Some of my EVPs
are incredibly clear and sound unmistakable including those which I did
not edit in any way.
   I enjoyed the movie WHITE NOISE, which is about a man who makes
contact with his dead wife through EVP and I found the DVD amazing as it
includes three different features, which explored EVP and presented
strong evidence supporting it. In the show Ghost Whisperer an episode
titled “Voices” covered EVP and the matter is being increasingly studied
among researchers who attempt to prove the spirit does survive physical
death. There is a lot of documented evidence but if EVP can be proven
and people accept it as real our way of thinking about death would
change to something such as change form.
   The suggestion that EVP is dangerous is probably the biggest
misconceptions portrayed in WHITE NOISE as many thousands of people who
record EVP do so safely. Paranormal Investigators Tom and Lisa Butler
explained this on their website and have spent the past 15 years
exploring the phenomena. The movie may have been to boring without the
danger element.
   A convincing argument for the reality of EVP is presented in Media of
the official WHITE NOISE website. It becomes obvious that there are
many believers in EVP with examples they are able to play although EVP
doesn’t contradict or cause offence to any major religion.
Tom and Lisa Butler set up The American Association of Electronic
Voice Phenomena to educate the public about EVP. Actual examples of
valid EVPs are available to listen to on www.aaevp.com and Karen Mossey
contributed a clip of her father telling her “I love you” from beyond
the grave. Sound Interestingly Engineers and scientists have not
provided an earthly explanation of these unexpected voices, which would
otherwise not be there.
   I was convinced by the accounts of people who believed they were
hearing messages from loved ones no longer here. Unlike many other
supernatural films, WHITE NOISE takes a realistic approach to a
real-life occurrence. I already had a laptop and a microphone so I
decided to experiment with EVP and heard interesting results, which I
know were not the result of a hoax. As I listened back to my recordings
I could hear words being said such as “hello” and “hi”.
   I continued to make recordings and could hear “Dimmy” (his nickname)
among other voices who said “Paula” among other things. Two of my
school friends, Paul Gurney and Damien McKinney died in a train accident
when we were 15 and I could hear their voices in my recordings! “Move
on” was found after a brief session. I now make recordings every night
at 9pm in my home in Derry, Northern Ireland.
   I use modern high-tech technology to make recordings and a lot of
this equipment would not have been developed in the past and so they
were unable to experiment with EVP. In my town Derry FOYLESIDE Shopping
Centre and City of Derry Airport has been reportedly haunted but
although I visited both many times I have yet to have any ghostly
experiences there. But what is important to me is that I found EVP
helpful in allowing me to contact Paul & Dimmy and understand there is
more to reality than what I’m experiencing at this point in time. I
will move on with my life and get an education but having recorded EVP
I’m not longer fearful about death and I’m sure I don’t need to worry
about Paul & Dimmy anymore.

Reference:
1. White Noise DVD (2005)
2. Ghost Whisperer “Voices” (2005)
3. www.aaevp.com (2006)
4. www.authorzone.com (2006)

____________

SEEKING INFORMATION
___________

email the senders.
Ed-@haunted-places.com. Please be sure to include your email address so
our readers can respond to your request. Due to the vast number of

*****
From: Connie at: conni-@hotmail.com

I was wondering if anyone knows the name to the prison that is in the
movie "Haunted Prison" on the Sci-Fi Channel.

*****
From Brandy at: puggodd-@yahoo.com

I'm curious to hear from folks in states where houses have to be
declared haunted. There is a local group here in Florida that is
pushing to have that done here. I'm rather at odds: I do feel badly
for people who buy houses then discover that they are haunted. It's not
fair to them. However, at the same time, I suspect it will have a
negative impact upon ghost investigation groups, who would want their
home declared haunted when they were trying to sell it?
   So, I was curious as to how other states that must declare a ghost at
the sale of the house, have fared. What are your thoughts on this?

___________

TRUE EXPERIENCES
___________

From Cheryl at: sombu-@hotmail.com

   As a sensitive, I have experienced supernatural phenomenon all my
life, beginning with several "imaginary" playmates in my childhood.
   I have rented all my life and have become intimately familiar with
many types of hauntings, apparitions, and various phenomena and
manifestations. Even a bar I managed for years was a hotbed of residual
activity, most of which I would experience first-hand when in the
building after closing time...and I have several witnesses to our
pool-shooting apparition!
   This time around, I am living in a welll-over-100-yr-old converted
farm equipment garage now made into a small house. From the beginning,
I was aware of one of our "tenants", a pleasant-faced large man dressed
in farm clothes. My pets have also seen him and seem very drawn to him.
He is quite benign, but did seem to have a desire to scare the bejesus
out of my ex. My ex was a cruel, abuse, negative person. Our ghost.
who at times appears almost solid but never fails to smile...would sit
at the end of the bed when my ex was asleep and wake him up...then do
"parlor tricks" for him. Needless to say, the ex hung religious icons on
the walls and refused to sleep without the light on! This ghost is
interactive and lively with a marvelous sense of humor. He also enjoys
shutting the basement door loudly several times a night.
   The other apparition I just became aware of last week. My cat
suddenly burst in the screen door and flew past me. I was sitting at my
computer desk in the living room. I suddenly got that "altered sense of
reality" feeling I get just before an incident and was aware of someone
brushing past me behind my chair. I looked to my right and saw a very
handsome, youngish man dressed in a 40's style brown suit standing by
the entrance to the kitchen. He was semi-transparent and seemed unaware
of me or of his surroundings. He had blond hair, combed neatly, and
seemingly blue eyes...he bent slightly forward as if reaching down to
pet the cat then vanished.
   The kitchen is part of the new additions to this building and both
the 40's man and the farmer never go in there but instead "vanish" upon
reaching the doorway. They are both benign presences and seem in no
hurry to go anywhere. I feel not so alone here at night when my son is
working.
   There are the usual "footsteps in the attic" things and the "out of
the corner of the eye" things, but the farmer usually gives a glimpse of
himself, and as for 40's man, that is the first time I have seen him.
   My experiences are too numerous to tell, so I thought I would give
you my recent current ones.
   My son is scared of the farmer and the farmer is aware of it. He
will play gentle pranks on my son like knocking the phone off the
receiver at night so the operator telling him to hang it up awakens my
son, or something will go missing that was in an obvious place. One time
my son’s glasses disappeared off the nightstand. After searching all
morning for them, we found them...on the nightstand. I had to do a
little farmer scolding that day since, well, the poor kid can’t see
without them.
   We are quite comfortable with one another, besides the occasional
startle when I can feel the presence suddenly without feeling the
altered state first.
   I have experienced "Shadow People" in one very active apartment. And
experience I do not ever want to repeat, various relatives and pets come
back to visit, and whispers in my ear. It has been a wonderful way to
experience life from both sides...albeit a little scary at times. I use
the resources on the net and read a great deal so that
I can further understand myself and the gifts I have and put them to
good use.