Welcome Guest!
 Haunted Places
The Haunted-Places Report 12/05/06  Rev. Ron Beach
 Dec 05, 2006 15:15 PST

THE HAUNTED PLACES REPORT
"Some things exist whether you believe in them or not!"

Founded by: Dennis William Hauck
Edited by: Ronald E. Beach
Email: Edi-@haunted-places.com
Website: http://www.Haunted-Places.com

editor.

12/05/06

_____________

FROM THE EDITOR
_____________

Please visit our website at: Haunted-Places.com and let us know your
thoughts & comments. Anything you like to see added to the site? All
items should be emailed to us at: Web-@haunted-places.com

*****
Greetings to all our subscribers,

I think we are finally getting enough submissions that we can, at long
last, go back to being a weekly newsletter. As you can see there are
lots of items in this issue. We encourage everyone to send us stories,
upcoming events, news, or anything else that is ghost related.
If you have a group that is not listed in the Haunted-Places State by
State listing we invited you to submit your group to:
Webma-@haunted-places.com

_______________

FEATURE STORY
_______________

It looks like the recent “Poetic License “ letter has caused quite a
stir. Here is some more input of members of the SPIRITS group. You can
visit their website at: www.spiritsofstpetersburg.com

Poetic licensing and mainstreaming the paranormal.
By: Debbie S.

   Whether you term it ghost hunting, paranormal scientific research or
paranormal investigation, the sudden rise of ghost hunting in popular
media is endangering decades of valuable work, by both dedicated lay
persons and those holding professional degrees, to substantiate
paranormal evidence and govern paranormal research and investigations.
   Having no training, no guides or mentors these newbie “ghost hunter
wannabes” see a couple of TV shows and assume enough knowledge to run
off and “do investigations” proclaiming instant evidence and success
without understanding concepts like pareidolia and apophenia, where
every image becomes the face of a spirit, every EVP a voice of the dead.
Even far worse than these false-positives results by the well
intentioned, is the newest element of “thrill seekers” who simply are
seeking out the scare they will get by hearing a loud noise in a pitch
dark room. A perfect example of this is the newest ratings grabber,
‘Celebrity Paranormal Project’. This show, if nothing else, is a
perfect example of what NOT to do if you find yourself investigating the
paranormal.
   Worst of all is the total lack of acceptance or even consideration
for the psychological conditions greeting them by a client looking for
help. Failing to recognize underlying causations to a “haunting” by
ignoring a client’s emotional, psychological or life crises status, a
newbie stands a very good chance of worsening any imbalances an
individual may be experiencing in their personal lives. Where do you
draw the line?
   Should you find a need for help with what you feel may be paranormal
in nature, please, do closely consider the experience and reputation of
a person or group you call to help. Ask questions; how long has the
group been in existence? How many investigations has your group done?
What skills are used during an investigation? What guarantees are
offered to protect confidentiality? Can you provide references? Just
who the heck are you people anyway?

Poetic License in the Realm of Paranormal Activity
By: Mary N.

   Reality is certainly not the by-word in televised paranormal shows.
Crammed into the space of 60 minutes are instances of supposed activiity
that would leave the average viewer in awe. Certainly the
"ghost-hunting" team on the TV screen has indeed entered into the unseen
realm of the paranormal. After all, we can hear the footsteps of
"unseen entities", see the door that
was previously open now closed..the list goes on. How cooperative the
spirit world is! If only it were so for those of us involved in
serious paranormal research!
   The VH1 entry into this arena of the unseen, "Celebrity Paranormal,"
centers around actors who are given an assignment at a location that is
considered haunted. They are given the story of the haunting/s and
then, "guided" by a computer to the site of the apparition, they
attempt to re-create the haunt. Amazingly enough immediately things
begin to "happen." Has the other world responded to these celebrities
on cue? Consider this: what we watch unfold are merely ACTORS being
given their CUE to perform and to follow their SCRIPT in order to make a
"successful" EPISODE. Poetic license at its best (or worst)!
   Sincere researchers into the field of the paranormal have no cues, no
script to follow. Hours of thorough investigation may uncover little or
nothing. Certainly the typical hunt does not yield the abundance of
phenomena that occurs in shows like "Celebrity Paranormal." Instead,
dedicated professionals, such as the SPIRITS, continue to research and
explore, seeking to learn from every investigation for the sake of the
learning itself..not for the money and the viewer ratings.

Use of Poetic License in Paranormal “Reality” Shows
By: Jennifer

   Poetic Llicense: Also, artistic license. The liberty taken by a
writer or artist in deviating from conventional form or fact to achieve
an effect. For example, I've never seen grass or a tree of that color;
but that's artistic license. [Late 1700s

   In addition to what my fellow SPIRITS of St. Pete members have added
I decided to focus on the safety issues or shall I say, non-safety
issues stemming from the use of poetic license in the recent surge of
ghost hunting “reality” shows.
I have seen several paranormal “reality” shows that utilize occult
practices which are used to encourage or even enrage entities into
performing on camera. I have heard investigators invite entities to hit
one of their group members and even ask to have something throw at them.
Other occult practices that are engaged in are Ouija Board use, table
tipping, and even going so far as to allow an investigator to channel a
spirit. Without appropriate knowledge of protective shielding, etc.,
these shows might entice inexperienced and naive investigators to open
themselves up to a "world" of trouble, ask and you shall receive! I
know of only one show that provided some form of ancient protection
rituals, I am unsure if these were even legit since all signs point to
the added hype of the shows as these were sometime offerings of chicken
blood poured on a candle, etc. The thrills and freak show factors are
sill much more entertaining then the explanation of shielding yourself
in the protective white light! Which is more attention getting for
ratings? Such occult practices may also not only place an investigator
in an uncompromising position but also the homeowner who is reaching out
for help in either proving or disproving a haunting. Toying with or
riling up an entity might only result in worse situations for the
homeowners or business owners.
   The SPIRITS of St. Pete are huge advocates of non-evocations,
channeling, use of Ouija boards and such. We believe in safe and
scientific practices using even “controlled hunts.” This is not common
place on these “reality” shows. There is a reason for using such safety
factors which only experienced and professional paranormal investigators
tend to abide by, not only for themselves but for the people who so
desperately place their trust in these groups.   Poetic license: great
for ratings, not so great for tried and true paranormal investigators.

____________

SEEKING INFORMATION
___________

email the senders.
Ed-@haunted-places.com. Please be sure to include your email address so
our readers can respond to your request. Due to the vast number of

___________

TRUE EXPERIENCES
___________

From: Jim at: Jric-@aol.com

Hello, I wanted to share with you a unique experience I had when I was
younger. I live in a house that was built in the late 1800's in Duluth,
MN. Well one night I had went to go to bed in my room. I was the only
one upstairs, my family downstairs. Well I laid down and closed my eyes
for a brief period of time laying on top of my blankets with my clothes
on. Well I wasn't falling asleep so I reopened my eyes and saw a
glowing figure only a few feet away from me perfectly stationary in the
center of my room. It was oh I would say a little bigger than the size
of a softball and it had an irregular shape which resembled s scroll of
paper.   Well It was generating it's own light and was very white and
perfectly visible. It was 100%white. The object added know light to
the room but yet was very white like a light bulb; only it wasn't like a
light bulb because the light was in! No way hard to look at or hurt the
eyes. So I sat up and stared right at it, I wasn't afraid at all for
some reason.   I decided that I would touch it and see what would
happen. Well I reached out and slowly from left to right used my left
hand to move through the object. Well as my hand touched the object it
literally disappeared in my hand as I touched it. It was like my hand
just erased it from being. It seemed like my hand was passing through
it but yet the way it disappeared it looked kind of like my hand was
passing in front of it to. I just stared and nothing happened and then
I immediately walked down stairs and told my parents what happened and
they said I must have been dreaming but I wasn't dreaming, I am sure of
it. This is the one and only time I have ever seemed a white brilliant
white so perfectly.   I swore I have heard voices though and my brother
had claimed that someone grabbed his legs and pulled on! Them when he
was laying on his bed before, also he complained of being touched while
laying in bed, I can say I have had that happen once as well. Thing is
no one else was there. Also one time my brother and me were both on our
bed at night once playing like ghosts in the dark under the covers and
when we peaked out from under the covers the whole room was glowing with
a weird mix of colors. I ducked under the covers and the glow went away
when I had looked out after that.
      Really the experience with the glowing object that looked like a
scroll actually similar to a biblical scroll which would be found in
bible literature is something I definitely did see.