Welcome Guest!
 Haunted Places
The Haunted places Report 2/18/2008  Rev. Ron Beach
 Feb 18, 2008 11:44 PST

THE HAUNTED PLACES REPORT
"Some things exist whether you believe in them or not!"

Founded by: Dennis William Hauck
Edited by: Ronald E. Beach
Email: Edi-@haunted-places.com
Website: http://www.Haunted-Places.com

editor.

02/18/2008

_____________________

FROM THE EDITOR
_____________________

Please visit our website at: Haunted-Places.com and let us know your
thoughts & comments. Anything you like to see added to the site? All
items should be emailed to us at: Edi-@haunted-places.com

******
We are in the process of updating the Haunted-Places website with
upcoming events for 2007. Please email us with your upcoming meetings,
conferences, classes, or other events. Just email a short description
including dates, times, prices, & contact info to:
Edi-@Haunted-Places.com

________________________

ANNOUNCEMENTS
________________________

For Immediate Media Release
Contact: Sherri Brake-Recco
Haunted Heartland Tours
330-412-6114
www.HauntedHistory.net

Travel Channel Films with Local Ghost Tour Owner

January 13th 2008 found local Haunted Heartland Tours owner Sherri
Brake-Recco filming a show for the Travel Channel. The location? The
most haunted building in Ohio, the former Mansfield Reformatory.

Sharp Entertainment Company will produce a new series debuting in
October on the Travel Channel. The series is a paranormal themed show
called "Americas Top 10 Scariest Places" and will include locations such
as St Louis Cemetery in New Orleans, Waverly Hills Sanatorium in
Louisville Kentucky, Myrtles Plantation in Louisiana, and the Mansfield
Reformatory in Richland county Ohio.

Canal Fulton resident Sherri Brake-Recco owns Haunted Heartland Tours,
which has made the Top 10 Best Ghost Tours in the nation for the last 2
years according to Haunted America Tours in New Orleans. She was
approached in early January by Mansfield Reformatory Director Susan
Nirode in regards to the upcoming filming of the show and was asked to
lead the ghosthunt portion of the show. Brake-Recco along with
Reformatory volunteers and guides found themselves braving near freezing
temperatures inside the gothic fortress for nearly 12 hours as filming
took place. Two new ghost hunters were trained and instructed by
Brake-Recco in the correct protocol for investigating the paranormal and
then were filmed with infrared cameras as they searched the shadows for
ghostly activity.

Brake-Recco leads year round ghosthunts, Haunted History Walks of Canal
Fulton, Gravestones, Lanterns, and Legends night walks at Massillon
cemetery and also instructs Ghosthunting classes at the former West
Virginia Penitentiary. Her bus tours for 2008 will be to local spots
such as Fort Laurens in Bolivar Ohio, Rogues Hollow in Wayne County, and
also out of state to Kentucky, West Virginia, Michigan, and
Pennsylvania.

And did they find anything other worldly while filming at the Mansfield
Reformatory? Well, you'll just have to wait until October and haunt the
Travel Channel to see for yourself!

For more information visit Haunted Heartland Tours at
www.HauntedHistory.net

********
OHIO STATE REFORMATORY in Mansfield Ohio:

We are now taking reservations for private ghost hunts on any available
dates in 2008. For private hunts you must have a minimum of 30 people
and you must be 21 or older, private hunts are run just like our regular
hunts. The price is $50 per person and pizza and pop are provided. Now
if your part of a small ghost hunting group and you don't have enough
members to book a private hunt then join us on March 15th 2008. For the
first time we are offering small ghost hunting groups the chance to come
in together to ghost hunt. The idea is to provide a night for seasoned
ghost hunters to investigate the building without any first timers or
adventure seekers that you get in the public ghost hunts. I think it
would be great chance for groups to meet, talk shop, swap theories and
ideas, and most of all have a great time. Now to qualify your small
group we will need either a business card, letter head or a website to
validate your group. You can call or email your questions or
reservations to Susan Nirode at cont-@mrps.org or 419-522-2644. Our
website is www.mrps.org.

Frank Horvath
MRPS Board Member & Ghost Hunt Coordinator

________________________

FEATURE STORY
________________________

55th Street House
Written by: Brandy Stark

Though many paranormal investigators are excited by contact with the
supernatural, site visits reveal just as much about those still working
within the mortal coil. It is fascinating to note the reaction factor
of those who host the SPIRITS in their pursuit of otherworldly
phenomena.

Home and business owners display a range of emotions when it comes to
having an investigation. Some are terrified, despite the passivity of
the entity residing with them. There are those who have the nagging
sensation that something is there, but are not certain of their
perceptions. They leave it to us to determine proof, or lack thereof,
of ghostly presence. The same procedures, to those who have already
acknowledged and learned to live with their spectral company, enthrall
others.

While all three reactions are more than valid, there is a sort of
refreshing attitude in working with the final of the aforementioned
groups. Their relaxed philosophies show a certain understanding of the
world and the way it works. They are not afraid of the dead but simply
learn to live with unusual encounters from the other side.

The investigation on 55th Street housed one such family. The homeowners
had lived there for over 20 years. They knew the quirks of their
building, and had come to deal with it. When they contacted the SPIRITS
they held an interest in the investigation and were open to discussions
on various psi-abilities.

The SPIRITS visited the home on multiple occasions, each one with a
different mixture of teammates, and producing unique results. The first
trip through revealed a myriad of entities, all desiring attention.
Many appeared curious about the group trooping through, EMF meters in
hand.

All visits responded to phenomena in the hallway. Homeowners complained
of feeling followed or watched walking down the hall. They installed a
mirror at the end of the relatively short hallway as a comfort, in order
to see what might be following the family as they moved about.

The SPIRITS confirmed this as an area of activity. Orbs appeared in
photographs. Members reported feeling cool breezes blowing by them, as
if someone was rushing from one room to the next.

The guest room hosted “Lizzy,” a cigarette-smoke smelling entity that
could be sensed throughout the house. She caused two strong spikes in
the guest room, and may have been whispering to the homeowners. Lizzy
may have been present for two of the investigations, but did not always
prove to be cooperative. When the group specifically tried to contact
her for information, she simply did not respond. She decided that she
would “do it in her own time.”

Departed family members also made an appearance. One of the more
remarkable ones was “Uncle Joe” who was related to one of the
homeowners. He was frustrated because he wanted to communicate with the
family, but knew he should not interfere. One sensitive thought that
“Joe” was not his name, but picked up “Dan” or “Stan”, and saw him as a
brother-figure. The homeowners clarified that his real name was “Stan”
and that “Stan” was his uncle.

Some of the sensations began to dim, as the weaker entities appeared to
lose interest and depart. Several strong personalities still remained,
and to concentrate the experience the team switched to a new technique
for the SPIRITS. Using the trifield meter as a guide, we asked the
entity to “push or spike the needle to the right” to indicate ‘yes’, to
the left for ‘no’”. We combined this with the psi-sensitives abilities
to have a “dialogue” with the stronger personas in the room.

One message concerned the homeowner’s son, serving in the military.
There was something about a trip, and Michigan or Maryland, not to go,
and don’t trust it. Though this was May of 2003, when hostilities were
tense between the Middle East and America, the Persian Gulf War had not
yet begun. Yet, when asked if there would be a war, the needle again
spiked.

We later learned that the son, in his travels, had been assigned a plane
transfer in Michigan through the military, which had run afoul in
scheduling. He was temporarily stranded in the city.

A message came through about their other son, who resided with the
homeowners. The entities, as reported by the family, always seemed
drawn to him. He would complain to the others when his sleep, or
schedule, was interrupted. The entity that bothered him most, possibly
an acquaintance from childhood, picked up on that behavior. Though the
phenomena were not violent towards the son, it did bother him.   It
became a form of bullying; the entity liked getting a reaction out of
the son.

To alleviate the behavior, the SPIRITS advised him to pause before
reacting, then very quietly ask the entity to leave him alone. It may
take a few tries, but we hope it will be successful for him.

Some of the entities appear to have more messages for the homeowner.
However, they would not cooperate with the SPIRITS. Our suggestion for
the family is to leave a sound-activated tape recorder in a quiet room,
invite the entity to leave a message for them on the tape, and to see
how that works for them.

The family also plans to ask the entities to pass over into the light;
they do not wish to hold anyone earth-bound. They are willing to work
with the entities to get them to cross over through repeated, polite but
firm, requests.

Overall, the results of all three investigations are quite remarkable.
The patience and willingness of the homeowners to cooperate and
participate in working with the SPIRITS (and the spirits) is immensely
helpful. It is households like this that makes the investigations more
meaningful as we continue to quest into the ideas of life after death.

________________________

SEEKING INFORMATION
________________________

email the senders.

********
From Jamie at: f8fu-@yahoo.ca

Any information on groups in Toronto, Ontario, Canada would be
appreciated.

____________________

TRUE EXPERIENCES
_____________________

From: Vstro-@aol.com

We moved into a small 3 bedroom home here in Klamath Falls, Oregon about
March of 1995 and lived there until December of 1996.

We noticed the house was very noisy; it would creak and pop all the
time. Not in just one room but all over the house and not just in the
evening.

The bedrooms were in the back of the house. Many times there would be an
extremely loud cracking noise as if a piece of wood was splitting. It
was so loud that it would shake you inside when it happened.

My husband got up several times while there to see if someone was in the
front part of the house. The noises would make you think someone was
walking around in the kitchen or living room area.

My youngest son, who was living with us at the time, thought I came home
one day. While he was using the bathroom, he heard footsteps coming
toward the bathroom. When he opened the door no one was there.

We had a fan, on the dresser in the bedroom, which we used at night to
keep cool. It fell as if someone had pushed it. The fan was not on at
the time. I was standing at the side of the dresser talking to my
husband when it happened the second time.

One night, my husband was in bed and I had just got out of the shower.
He called to me asking what the H... is going on. I asked what he meant
.He said someone or something was just shaking the H... out of the bed
and woke him up.

So many things happened that we just got use to most of them. I did
have some things that happened while I was home alone that truly
frightened me. The door that went out to the garage slamming at an
early hour. It was a heavy door and always rattled the house when it
shut. I, needless to say, got out of bed shaking in my boots and turned
every light on in the house and checked every crack and corner.

We had a Pekingese dog that was laying in the living room one evening
when my son and I were watching TV. All of a sudden we saw him slowly
raise his head looking toward the front door and turn his head as if he
were watching someone walk in and head for the kitchen. He gave this
real low growl and got up and looked around the corner of this brick
partition to see where whatever it was went. My son and I got up to look
where he was looking. Nothing was there.

I would certainly like to know why this happened. The house was built in
the late 1970`s so it wasn’t an old home. There are many things that
happened but I’ve written enough. My sister would always say "Get the
heck out of there." Before we moved the noise was less but there were
still things happening.

Since we moved only two families have been there and neither stayed that
long. It is in the process of having some other family move in and it
looks like they are doing some work to it. I feel very strange every
time we drive by.