Welcome Guest!
 Haunted Places
 Dec 14, 2003 13:09 PST

THE HAUNTED PLACES REPORT

Founded by: Dennis William Hauck
Edited by: Rev. Ronald E. Beach
Email: Edi-@haunted-places.com
Website: http://www.Haunted-Places.com

editor.

12/14/03

_____________

FROM THE EDITOR
_____________

Please visit our website at: Haunted-Places.com and let us know your
thoughts & comments. Anything you like to see added to the site? All
items should be emailed to us at: Webma-@haunted-places.com

______________

LETTERS TO THE EDITOR
_____________

We invite your letters to the editor. Tell us how you feel about things
in the newsletter or in the ghost hunting community. All letters must be
accompanied by an email address so other readers can respond to you.

_________________

ANNOUNCEMENTS
_________________

I thought everyone might like this. I have preformed 3 investigations
so far, or hunts as I am calling them. One at the El Tovar hotel at the
grand canyon, then at the old Apollo launch pad at NASA in Florida, and
finally I just finished putting up the hunt from the Waverly Hills TB
Sanitarium in Louisville Kentucky.
With each hunt I explain the legend. Then I research the place and
explain the history as best as I can, then I list our findings with
video and pictures...and deem the place haunted or not.
Anyway, my website is "http://www.SpookHunters.com", please let me know
what you think.
Thanks, Owen

***
I wanted to let you know that I am going to be in the Avant Garde show
at the Tampa Museum of Art Dec. 18. I will be there for the start of the
show (5 p.m. until 9 p.m.) but will leave to administer a final exam for
a class in downtown St. Petersburg. The Maternal Stark will hold my
table in my absence (she knows quite a bit and has assisted with my art
in the past), and I should be back once the last exam is completed to
finish the show (It is a smaller class, so I'd estimate my return
anywhere from 6:30 to 7:30 or so).
I am very excited about this. I have shown in the "Fairly Lillith" show
at the Museum of Fine Art in downtown St. Petersburg, I have presented
three workshops at the Dali Museum, but this is my first show with the
Tampa Museum of Art.
It's a wonderful way to end 2003. Please wish me luck, and if anyone is
in the area you're more than welcome to come!
Tampa Museum of Art
600 Ashley Street, Tampa

Brandy Stark
Email: puggodd-@yahoo.com
Website: http://starkimages.homestead.com/Main.html

***
Spirit Society of Pa's new website:
http://www.spiritsocietyofpa.com/ will take you to our NEW site which is
still being worked on. REMINDER, our meeting is Monday night at our NEW
meeting place in the New Cumberland SR. Citizens Center at 7:00. ( 122
Geary Avenue) Refreshments will be available. If you would like to bring
a snack, fee free to do so. Great stuff ahead! See you then.

_______________

FEATURE STORY
_______________

Why Can't Everyone See Ghosts
by Dave Juliano
Email: shado-@theshadowlands.net
From the Shadowlands newsletter. Used with permission.
Let me first start off by saying that everyone has the potential to
see a spirit. Maybe that will happen once just briefly or it could
happen many times, but the thing to remember is that everyone can see
them given the right factors.
Why only some people will see a ghost in a certain location can be
explained in many ways but let me put it in simple real world terms that
most people will understand. Let's pretend you and two friends are in
the woods and you all have AM/FM radios with you. You are all standing
side by side and each of you is trying to tune in a very weak signal
from some small radio station. Your one friend has a great radio and
they easily tune in the station clearly. Your other friend has an
average model radio and they can get the signal briefly but it is filled
with static. Your radio is the cheap model and you cannot get the
station tuned in at all. Even though you are all standing next to each
other and trying to tune in the same station you are getting three
different results. Now picture each person as a "radio" that can
"receive" the signals that a spirit is transmitting. One person may get
the spirits signal string and they will see the spirit. The next person
is not as tuned in and they may see something briefly but they may not
be able to make out all the details. The third person cannot receive the
spirit's signal at all and will not see anything. Hopefully this gives
you an idea of how this tends to work. Each person is actually a
receiver of the signals or energy that a spirit gives off. Sometimes the
signal can be tuned in and other times it can not.
There are varying conditions that may interfere with the spirits "radio
signal" and may only let people with really good "radios" see them. We
call these people sensitives or psychics. They are able to tune in more
often to the spirits and see, hear, feel, etc. the signal and energy the
spirit is sending. Some locations may make some people more sensitive
than other locations and they will see something in just those places
while they will see nothing in others. Sometimes even the people who
have the "cheap radio" can get a brief signal tuned in and that is what
happens when someone who has never seen anything all of a sudden has
their once in a lifetime ghost sighting. Some of the things that can
make our ability to receive these signals are our relation to the
spirits, how comfortable we are in a location and our frame of mind at
the time, etc. For example many people just see the spirits in their
home and no where else. This is where the person is probably the most
relax and comfortable and that will raise their ability to receive the
signals. If the spirit is a relative or a friend you are already on that
"frequency" so you will be more likely to be able to tune into that
spirit.
Hopefully I haven't confused you all with the radio and signal talk but
it really does seem to be that we are sort of receivers or spirit
"signals" and this is the explanation is use at all the lectures and
most people seem to understand it better this way than
going into all the theories.

____________

SEEKING INFORMATION
___________

email the senders.

***
From Samantha at: sbrit-@yahoo.com

I'm a student reporter for the Daily 49er newspaper at California State
University Long Beach. I'm contacting you because I'm researching
information for a story on haunted places, ghosts etc.
Do you have any data, reports, spreadsheets or anything of like on
either the number of haunted places there are. Where are the most
places... Which country or state has the most haunted places. Or number
of hauntings etc.
My assignment is to use actual data from a table or report to make it
valid. Can you help, as I'm very interested in pursuing this topic.

***
From Elizabeth at: Princess-@aol.com

I lived in Huntsville,Texas for two years and I have experienced
Hauntings, paranormal activity. I was wondering if I left my e-mail
address if someone could write me back and let me know if this could
really happen. I would greatly appreciate it.

***
From: Janet at: Jane-@cox.net

My boyfriend stayed at the Fairfield Inn in Albuquerque - I believe it
was this summer - and he had an experience one night. He was awakened by
someone coming into his room. It was a lady. She went over to stand by
the curtains. He was very scared told her to go away. She didn't leave.
He went over to turn on the lamp, and when he did, she disappeared.
Do you know anything about this hotel? It didn't appear to be a very
old hotel. I couldn't find any thing about the hotel concerning death,
murder, suicide, or haunting online.

***
From: grvro-@glwb.net

I would like to know if there are any haunted sites to visit in the
Ohio area during the winter months. Preferably indoors. Know of a few,
need more if anyone knows.

***
This is for Smoses1234, fireguards to your inquiry regarding a
reputable psychic detective near Dallas Tx. Try to get a hold of Franny
Baskerville of Baskerville Investigations. She should be able to help
and has a true Investigation Business.

***
From Daine at: tabo-@qwickconnect.net

Perhaps you could give me some advice about my house--we
are pretty sure it is haunted--there is something in the
attic; perhaps your crew would be interested in checking it
out--an "empath" (sp)said that I had "something in the
house, but not to worry.

___________

TRUE STORIES
___________

From: Megan at: twizz-@aldelphia.net

My best friend's grandfather said that on Halloween he and his friends
would run by Orchard Hall because every Halloween they would see a ghost
of a little girl in the window of the attic. And just a few weeks ago my
friend saw a hand in the window.
My other best friend has a friend who went to dinner at Orchard Hall
with her mother and father. When she was done eating, she went into
another room to read an article about a little girl. After she was done
reading it she looked up and saw the little girl's ghost smiling at her.

When you go near the stairwell and look up you get a really scary
feeling. Orchard Hall was even on the news once. My friends and I truly
believe that Orchard Hall is haunted and we do believe in ghosts.
Orchard Hall's ghost seems friendly. She has never hurt anyone. We know
that the little girl died in the attic but we don't know any of the
details. Orchard Hall is in Sauquoit, New York.

UPCOMING EVENTS

No listings for this month.