Welcome Guest!
 Herb Evans
Praise The Lord And Pass The Ammunition!  John Henry
 Sep 12, 2003 00:59 PDT

By Herb Evans<br>
Let the high praises of God be in their mouth, and a two-edged sword in
their hand ...  -- Psa. 149:6<br>
This charge I commit unto thee, son Timothy, according to the prophecies
which went before on thee, that thou by them mightest war a good warfare;
-- 1 Tim. 1:1<br>
Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou
art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many
witnesses.     -- 1 Tim. 6:12<br>
I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept
the faith:  -- 2 Tim. 4:7<br>
As a boy, during the 2nd big war,  America's number one song
was not any  heavy metal rendition but was "Praise the Lord and
Pass the Ammunition." Saved and lost people would sing it,
encouraging one another and standing behind their country and military
men.<br>
The 1st, 2nd, and 3rd stanza were "Praise the Lord and Pass the
Ammunition." The fourth stanza was "And we'll all stay free.
And of course, the familiar "Onward Christian soldiers, marching as
to war"  and "like a mighty army moves the church of
God," comes to our minds  as well as "Sound the Battle
Cry, see  the foe is nigh, while our cause  we know must
prevail" and "stand firm everyone, rest your cause upon His
holy word. "<br>
Modern religious thought can only appreciate vocal praises, worship,
singing, prayer, music, and raising ones hands to heaven (without the
hand being holy hands) as ways to praise God. Never could  they
understand or think or believe that God could be praised in warfare or
battle or confrontation. Rather, they will confront your proof-texts with
empty platitudes. It is not right for you to wage war on apostasy,
immorality, compromise, and false doctrine, but it is all right for them
to wage war on your actions as such. A strange religious world. An insane
asylum run by the inmates.<br>
We are at war, and it is time for Fundamental Baptists to realize
it.  Marshmallow Baptists and Powder Puff Protestants (with lace on
their drawers) have  influenced our thinking too much in these last
few  decades. We have one compromiser running around
complaining  about shooting our own wounded. Well, that happens in
war. Often,  the non-wounded are shot by our own troops.  And
more often, innocent civilians are shot. These are the misfortunes of
war. Yet we are sure that God is able to sort out the collateral. We are
at war!  Still, He is the commander and chief in this war. He wants
us to carry and use the two-edged  sword,  the sword of the
Spirit, the word of God, to wage warfare. We are to fight the good fight
of faith and hopefully to be able to say that we finished our course and
kept the faith. Not the faith bound up in some creed or church council, a
catechism or the scholars, but the faith that was once delivered to the
saints.<br>