Welcome Guest!
 Indaba
Re: [zimsite] Re: [Mwananchi] Libya's NTC  Jupiter Punungwe
 Oct 29, 2011 10:28 PDT
Well Prof, if having 30% support was grounds for having Gadhafi murdered
then why not do the same for David Cameroon. His party won only 36% of
the votes last election.

On 29/10/2011 19:04, Prof. Reuben H Simoyi wrote:

Jupiter;

You have got to be saying this with your tongue in your cheek, right?
Where have you seen a homogenous society in which 100% of the
population supports the leader? Then why bother with elections?
Realistically, Gadhafi might have had maybe 30% support of the Libyan
population. And now, due to the very unstable time the country has
gone through, a period with no real law; police, army, national guard,
etc.. the population is highly armed with guns stolen from government
armories and all those rag-tag bands of 'rebels' who still have their
guns with them. It does not even take 2% of the population to be
dissatisfied for there to be massive instability, hit and run guerilla
warfare, suicide bombers, hostage takers.. you name it.

I pray for Libya and Libyans. The hard part now starts. At least,
apart from Mugabe, the rest of Africa now supports their cause. The
UN recognizes them, the Libyan money reserves have now been released
to the NTC; and the NTC has promised fresh elections soon. Good Luck
Libya!

Prof.

Ishe komborera Africa (Enoch Sontonga, 1897)

*From: *"Jupiter Punungwe" <punu-@gmail.com>