Welcome Guest!
 Indaba
Re: [Mwananchi] Libya's NTC  Jupiter Punungwe
 Oct 29, 2011 18:14 PDT
Prof

Your mistake is thinking that I am worried about Gadhafi. I am worried
about the thousands if Libyans whose lives would have been saved by a
negotiated exit for Gadhafi. It was not Libyans themselves who refused
to negotiate but NATO proxies.

One can understand why. A negotiate solution would have left Libya
strong and intact. Now Libya is teetering on the brink of long term
instability with it's army destroyed, infrastructure destroyed. I am
sure you are aware that Gadhafi was trying to defend all these things
for all Libyans not just for himself.

Surely you cannot claim that given the standard of life that Temba
posted about a few days ago Libyans wanted to fight till their country
was unstable.

However someone must have known that a weak and unstable Libya would be
unable to assert strong control over their resources. Outsiders could
easily walk in and extract those resources as is already happening.

Only a fool can believe that the ultimate objective was to destroy
Gadhafi. The ultimate objective was to structurally weaken Libya, leave
her open to exploitation and then rule by proxy-colonialism as is
happening in Iraqi. For a long time to come Libya's new leaders cannot
do anything without approval from Western capitals. Creating that
dependence was the objective of NATO bombing, not freeing Libyans.

Libyans still nee to be free. Gadhafi was a dictator over them but right
now they are much worse off than they were eight months ago.

Jupiter

On 30/10/2011 01:40, George Ayittey wrote:

Jupiter,

You are either for change or not for change. Asking such silly
questions will NOT bring Ghaddafi back. In the struggle for democracy,
you lead, follow or clear the hell out of the way.

Neither me or Prof Simoyi said everything is going to be rosy after
Ghaddafi. In the initial stages of/*every*/ successful revolution,
there are bound to be mistakes. Hopefully, the NTC will learn from
them. If they don't and start repeating the same old stupid mistakes
Ghaddafi made, I will go after them with a vengeance. This has
happened too often in Africa. We struggle very hard to remove one
cockroach from power and the next rat comes to do the same thing.

Now, if you are going to stand by the sidelines and cheer hysterically
every little misstep the NTC makes, then your head needs to be examined.

George

On Sat, Oct 29, 2011 at 12:47 PM, Jupiter Punungwe <punu-@gmail.com
<mailto:punu-@gmail.com>> wrote:

     Profs Simoyi and Ayittey

     If Libyans love the NTC so much why is it asking NATO to protect
     it from
     Libyans?

     Jupiter

     --
     "I don't have prejudice against meself. My father was a white and
     my mother was black. Them call me half-caste or whatever. Me don't

__._,_.___

Join us at Mwananchi an African Forum at
http://www.yahoogroups.com/group/mwananchi

Mwananchi is now on facebook join us at
http://www.facebook.com/groups.php#/group.php?gid=61997445929
This online initiative is part of an ongoing dialogue among Africans
about how to address the challenges facing the continent.

Change settings via the Web
<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Mwananchi/join;_ylc=X3oDMTJmdm42ZGtvBF9TAzk3NDc2NTkwBGdycElkAzI0OTg4NjIEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1NDQ0NTk1BHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA3N0bmdzBHN0aW1lAzEzMTk5MzE2MTM->
(Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest
<mailto:Mwananch-@yahoogroups.com?subject=Email%20Delivery:%20Digest>
| Switch to Fully Featured
<mailto:Mwananchi-f-@yahoogroups.com?subject=Change%20Delivery%20Format:%20Fully%20Featured>

Visit Your Group