Welcome Guest!
 Indaba
Re: [zimsite] Re: [Mwananchi] Libya's NTC  Jupiter Punungwe
 Oct 29, 2011 18:22 PDT
I know very well that Libya and UK are not the same. But it was still
wrong to deny the Libyan people are chance to talk among themselves.
Many more lives could have been saved by allowing a negotiated exit.
Gadhafi could have later been shipped to the Hague as happened with
Charles Taylor. Charles Taylor was 10 times worse than Gadhafi but he
was allowed a negotiated exit wasn't he?

Jupiter

On 29/10/2011 19:42, Prof. Reuben H Simoyi wrote:

Apples and oranges, Jupiter; they are not even in the same parameter
space, or within hailing distance. One is a mature democracy that has
been around since 1215 when King John signed the Magna Carta at
Runnymede, and the other was/is a feudal system that was run by a
madman for 42 years. Second, the people who are/were opposing Cameron
do not have AK47's; they reason out their differences in those ornate
buildings by the Thames River. Libya does not even have a parliament
(thanks to Gadhafi!).

Prof.

Ishe komborera Africa (Enoch Sontonga, 1897)

*From: *"Jupiter Punungwe" <punu-@gmail.com>
*To: *munhu-@googlegroups.com, pad-@yahoogroups.com,
zimba-@yahoogroups.com, mwana-@yahoogroups.com,
zims-@yahoogroups.com, ind-@topica.com