Welcome Guest!
 Indaba
Re: [Mwananchi] The President is God-given: Tsvangirai  Jupiter Punungwe
 Feb 12, 2012 12:43 PST
How many times have I said that Tsvangirai is an admirer and emulator of
Robert Mugabe. How many times have I said the MDC's greatest weakness is
that they are trying to walk in Zanu-PF's footsteps.

Jupiter

On 12/02/2012 20:05, James Chikonamombe wrote:

If Jesus of Nazareth were to return to Earth, I'm sure he'd say,
"Mugabe? God-given? Don't slander my name!"

My two cents
James Chikonamombe

*From:* Jupiter Punungwe <punu-@gmail.com>
*To:* zimba-@yahoogroups.com; zims-@yahoogroups.com;
pad-@yahoogroups.com; munhum-@googlegroups.com;
mwana-@yahoogroups.com
*Sent:* Saturday, February 11, 2012 10:16 PM
*Subject:* [Mwananchi] The President is God-given: Tsvangirai

No comment

Jupiter
=============================
http://www.sundaymail.co.zw/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=27125:the-president-is-god-given-tsvangirai&catid=37:top-stories&Itemid=130

The President is God-given: Tsvangirai

Sunday, 12 February 2012 00:00
*Kuda Bwititi and Tinashe Farawo*
Prime Minister Morgan Tsvangirai yesterday described President Robert
Mugabe as a "God-given" leader chosen to guide Zimbabwe into prosperity.
While urging Zimbabweans to pray for the President, Prime Minister
Tsvangirai told a Chitungwiza Peace Prayer meeting - organised by the
Zimbabwe Pastors' Fellowship - that President Mugabe was chosen by God
to lead the country.
"President Mugabe is chosen by God, he is God-given and all leaders
are chosen by God, so it is important for all Zimbabweans to pray for
their leaders," he said, amid ululation from the audience.
Prime Minister Tsvangirai added that it was every Zimbabwean's
obligation to pray for the leadership all the time, despite their
political differences.
"Whether you like us or not, but as your leaders you are obliged to
pray for us, so that we develop the vision and wisdom needed to lead
the country. You can like (President) Mugabe or hate him, but that
should not stop you from praying for him.
"In the same vein, you can dislike the Prime Minister, but that should
also not stop you from praying for me. You should pray for the leaders
so that they can have the vision and foresight that the country needs
to succeed."
The premier also took the opportunity to speak against violence,
adding that peace was the foundation for progress.
"We should desist from violence because chibharanzi (it's backward);
we must also pray for peace in this country and for that demon which
causes violence to go away," said Prime Minister Tsvangirai.
"Peace is the foundation for economic and social progress of a
country. Violence is like a demon which has the knack of manifesting
itself whenever elections are approaching. So we should pray for this
spirit to go away," he said.
He said the three principals in the inclusive Government were
committed to peace and development.
"I can speak on behalf of President Mugabe and categorically say that
I know he has made a commitment for peace.
"Deputy Prime Minister Mutambara is also committed to non-violent
conduct and that is why we decided to hold the anti-violence
conference last year," he said.
Co-odinator of Zimbabwe Pastors' Fellowship Rev Watson Furayi said the
gathering, which was meant to encourage Zimbabweans to pray for their
leaders, had been successful.
"We are encouraging people to pray for our leaders so that they get
the vision to lead the country and we also want to make sure that as
countrymen we are at peace with each other," he said.
The event was attended by several pastors and thousands of people from
Chitungwiza.
Gospel musicians Charles Charamba and his wife Olivia as well as new
sensation Blessing Shumba entertained the crowd.

--
a Yahoo ID

__._,_.___

Join us at Mwananchi an African Forum at
http://www.yahoogroups.com/group/mwananchi

Mwananchi is now on facebook join us at
http://www.facebook.com/groups.php#/group.php?gid=61997445929
This online initiative is part of an ongoing dialogue among Africans
about how to address the challenges facing the continent.

Change settings via the Web
<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Mwananchi/join;_ylc=X3oDMTJmYzM5ZnN0BF9TAzk3NDc2NTkwBGdycElkAzI0OTg4NjIEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1NDQ0NTk1BHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA3N0bmdzBHN0aW1lAzEzMjkwNjk5NjE->
(Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest
<mailto:Mwananch-@yahoogroups.com?subject=Email%20Delivery:%20Digest>
| Switch to Fully Featured
<mailto:Mwananchi-f-@yahoogroups.com?subject=Change%20Delivery%20Format:%20Fully%20Featured>

Visit Your Group