Welcome Guest!
 Indaba
Re: [Mwananchi] The President is God-given: Tsvangirai  Jupiter Punungwe
 Feb 12, 2012 20:13 PST
I almost fell off my chair, not with laughter but in utter disbelief.
Maybe I misunderstand it so let me ask again, are you agreeing with
Tsvangirai that Mugabe is godgiven to Zimbabwe?

I am atheist. So frankly speaking the notion that someone is ordained by
god, spirits, ancestors or whatever supernatural being or beings one
might like to call upon, is nonsense to me. Every human being is useful
up to a point. Mugabe has gone well beyond his 'use by' date and is now
an albatross hanging around Zimbabwe's neck, in more ways than one.

Firstly he is not allowing Zimbabwe to grow politically. He is not
nurturing the population to greater political maturity but is instead
encouraging the same kind of intolerance that we faced under
colonialism. He is following the colonial habit of having opponents
imprisoned, detained, beaten or even murdered. That what he is doing is
less severe than what they did to him at Gonakudzingwa and Hwahwa does
not make it right.

Secondly he is breeding dangerous political factions within Zanu-PF that
could at some point distabilise the country as they fight each other.
The only way to start reducing this factionalism is to allow Zanu-PF
leadership to progress to the next generation something which been held
back for too long.

Jupiter

On 13/02/2012 05:50, E.G Cross wrote:

Unfortunately for both of you, Morgan is right theologically! Tough
call for all of us.

Eddie

*From:*Jupiter Punungwe <punu-@gmail.com>