Welcome Guest!
 Indigenous News
Duke Any One (opportunity)  andre cramblit
 Jan 23, 2008 09:17 PST

COLLEGE HORIZONS: Pre-College Workshop for Native American, Native
Hawaiian and Alaska Native students will be JUNE 14-18, 2008 – Duke
University, Durham, NC & JUNE 27 – JULY 2 2008 – Lawrence University,
Appleton, WI. Collaborating partners: AIGC (American Indian Graduate
Center), Winds of Change magazine, Futures for Children, Princeton
Review Foundation, the College Board and 42 of the nation’s finest
colleges and universities. College Horizons is a five-day “crash course”
in preparing for college. Expert college counselors teamed up with
admission officers to help you: • Select colleges suitable for you. •
Complete winning applications and essays. • Learn admission tips. •
Become a test-prep “whiz kid”. • Explore financial aid and scholarships.
Participants are limited to 90 students per site.

First round, priority receipt deadline is February 1; 2nd round receipt
deadline is Feb. 27. Applications will be accepted on a space-available
basis to May 1 (after April 1, please contact us to see if we still have
spaces). Complete program cost is $200 (includes tuition, room, meals,
all materials and transportation to campus from the airport). Students
are responsible for their own airfare, but substantial funds are
available for travel and tuition assistance (each year we award travel
assistance to over 50% of our students). For an application and more
information on the programs, go to www.collegehorizons.org (the
application has 4 parts). For questions contact: Christine Suina,
Program Coordinator, PO Box 1262, Pena Blanca, NM 87041. Phone: (505)
401-3854. E-mail: CollegeH-@aol.com   Program Director: Dr.
Whitney Laughlin