Welcome Guest!
 Indigenous News
Native Spirt Film Festival  andre cramblit
 Jul 08, 2008 10:10 PDT

call
for Submissions to The Native Spirit Film and Video festival of the
Indigenous Peoples of the Americas 2008 amoungst your community and
contacts. There is no limit to the number of submissions that can be
made by a single filmmaker. The Native Spirit Festival 2008 will be
accepting short and feature length film submissions to this years
festival, until the 31st of August 2008. Films may be documentary or
fiction and all films produced by indigenous filmmakers and productions
which feature aspects ofindigenous life, history,culture, traditions,
art etc. are eligible
for submission. Films from other indigenous cultures worldwide will
also be considered for use in the Indigenous Worldwide section of the
program.We are particularily keen to recieve films aimed at youth and
child audiences. For more details please refer to our website:
www.nativespiritfestival.com

Native Spirit is a non profit organisation, made up of volunteers
dedicated the empowerment and preservation of indigenous communities
and cultures, worldwide and specifically the Americas. Native Spirit
is responsible for several projects to benefit indigenous communities
and the wider population through The Native Spirit Conference, The
Natives Spirit Foundation, including a Cinematography fund and a
Community fund, The Native Spirit Art Collective and The Native Spirit
Festival and Tour.

The Native Spirit Festival, made its début in London during June 2007,
Launching the first ever Film and Video festival of the Indigenous
peoples of the Americas in Europe. A huge success The Native Spirit
Festival 2007 spanned a number of venues throughout London with an
inspiring programme of Indigenous film screenings, such as ?The Canary
Effect?, ?Atanarjuat: The Fast Runner? and episodes from the series
?Ventanas a Mi Communidad? Live performances from ?Sofia Buchuck?,
?Grupo Andinos? ?Ambioba? and ?Jose Navarro?, etc., Art, Mosaic,
Photographic, and Sculpture exhibitions, poetry readings workshops,
talks and Q&A sessions with some of film directors.

The Native Spirit Festival 2008 will follow the same scheme as the
2007 festival, however we already have arrangements extend the
festival on tour to several locations through out the UK and Spain as
well as interest shown from venues in France and Belgium. We have also
extended invitations to schools throughout the UK, to bring workshops,
films and talks to school children, providing a unique insight into
the lives of indigenous peoples, their cultures, histories and
traditions.

The work of Native Spirit, follows the ideals of its Chair and
Founder, Mapuche indigenous leader Freddy Treuquil, to unite the
indigenous peoples of North, Central and South America: ?When the
Condor of the South meets the Eagle of the North, the warriors of the
rainbow will be born?

Native Spirit?s recent work includes organising an Event, featuring
film screenings, talks, and live performances from the Navajo band
?Blackfire?, ?Arkology?, ?Kogui?, and ?Radio Revolution?, which raised
funds for an Indigenous Community School of the Wayuu people of
Venezuela. Details of which can also be found on the website.

Now that you have been introduced to the our work, I hope that you
will help to support our efforts to provide the much-needed platform
to celebrate and explore indigenous life, educating the population at
large about indigenous Cosmo vision?s and their respect for Mother
Earth, the struggles to protect her and the unique cultural heritages
of indigenous communities.

The closing date closing date for submissions for The Native Spirit
Festival 2008 will be the 31st August 2008. All entries must be
accompanied by a submissions form and be sent to:
The Native Spirit Festival 2008
Submissions
PO Box 60545
London W2 7NF
ENGLAND

Please see the submission guidelines and obtain a copy of the
submissions form here;
http://www.nativespiritfestival.com/english/submissions.htm
All films produced by indigenous filmmakers and productions which
feature aspects of indigenous life, history, culture, traditions, art
etc. are eligible for submission.
Information also available in Spanish at:
http://www.nativespiritfestival.com/spanish/submissions-sp.htm