Welcome Guest!
 InventorEd-L
Re: It's about to hit the fan...NO, it IS hitting it  BlizB-@aol.com
 Mar 01, 2003 15:48 PST

--part1_1db.4118bc6.2b92a0cd_boundary

In a message dated 3/1/2003 10:08:32 AM Eastern Standard Time,
james-e-@willitsell.com writes:

 Instead try gearing for field installation and price that as a separate
service. Also GET PRODUCT INTO THE HANDS OF lift mfgs ASAP and have a DEAL
price for them (probably substantially better than the $250 so they can
offer the product preinstalled for the same as your "list" price and still
have deal room).
                                                 ------
     Field Installations of Vertalerts will be conducted by Dealers and
OEMS....they already have the neccessary components to fascilitate this
rather easily...including mobile "on site" installation service...they will
charge an installation fee. Several OEMs (lift mfgs) have the Vertalert
now...and the pricing structure has already been worked out with my Licensee.

    STRONG suggestion. Basically ignore these bozos for now and get your
marketing brochures into the hands of other prospects, the appropriate
press, appropriate insurance sales reps (with appropriate cover letters for
each) and concentrate on REAL sales, not COERCED sales
                                             ---------
    I can't ignore this Jim.....It is key to a successful market launch in my
opinion. Getting a BIG first sale...of a totally new safety product....is the
way to get it to spread across the Industry. Remember...THEY asked for this
product...THEY used it in OSHA presentations as a method of solving an
industry specific safety problem...THEY agreed to install onto their fleet of
aerialifts when it was available and approved by OEMs.   OSHA liked it,
agreed with them, and dropped the $70,000 fines and serious
violations......now it's here and their long wait is over...they should be so
happy..."WRONG".....much of my business strategy hinged on what I thought was
going to be a big happy customer here..and a quick first big sale....followed
up by intense publicity of the event by my Licensee. Hey, shit happens and I
was wrong about them really wanting to follow through ....but they WILL
install Vertalerts...and the product will be launched with a first big
sale...just not with the warm fuzzy feeling that was originally forecast.
    The Vertalert is getting alot of positive lip service...by different end
users...ANSI...OSHA...OEMs...blah blah blah....it's gonna take a little push
to get it going...such as having a major fleet installation.....the "real
sales" will follow.....this one will have a critical component of
constituting the definition of a real sale however........U.S.
currency...coming my way for once.......albiet just a small fraction of
investment.

Paul B.

--part1_1db.4118bc6.2b92a0cd_boundary

<HTML>

<FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">In a message dated 3/1/2003 10:08:32 AM Eastern Standard Time, james-e-@willitsell.com writes:<BR>
<BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE style="BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">Instead try gearing for field installation and price that as a separate<BR>
service. Also GET PRODUCT INTO THE HANDS OF lift mfgs ASAP and have a DEAL<BR>
price for them (probably substantially better than the $250 so they can<BR>
offer the product preinstalled for the same as your "list" price and still<BR>
have deal room).<BR>
</BLOCKQUOTE>                                                ------<BR>
     Field Installations of Vertalerts will be conducted by Dealers and OEMS....they already have the neccessary components to fascilitate this rather easily...including mobile "on site" installation service...they will charge an installation fee.  Several OEMs (lift mfgs) have the Vertalert now...and the pricing structure has already been worked out with my Licensee.<BR>
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------<BR>
    STRONG suggestion. Basically ignore these bozos for now and get your<BR>
marketing brochures into the hands of other prospects, the appropriate<BR>
press, appropriate insurance sales reps (with appropriate cover letters for<BR>
each) and concentrate on REAL sales, not COERCED sales<BR>
                                             ---------<BR>
    I can't ignore this Jim.....It is key to a successful market launch in my opinion. Getting a BIG first sale...of a totally new safety product....is the way to get it to spread across the Industry.  Remember...THEY asked for this product...THEY used it in OSHA presentations as a method of solving an industry specific safety problem...THEY agreed to install onto their fleet of aerialifts when it was available and approved by OEMs.   OSHA liked it, agreed with them, and dropped the $70,000 fines and serious violations......now it's here and their long wait is over...they should be so happy..."WRONG".....much of my business strategy hinged on what I thought was going to be a big happy customer here..and a quick first big sale....followed up by intense publicity of the event by my Licensee. Hey, shit happens and I was wrong about them really wanting to follow through ....but they WILL install Vertalerts...and the product will be launched with a first big sale...just not with the warm fuzzy feeling that was originally forecast.<BR>
    The Vertalert is getting alot of positive lip service...by different end users...ANSI...OSHA...OEMs...blah blah blah....it's gonna take a little push to get it going...such as having a major fleet installation.....the "real sales" will follow.....this one will have a critical component of constituting the definition of a real sale however........U.S. currency...coming my way for once.......albiet just a small fraction of investment.<BR>
     <BR>
<BR>
  Paul B.<BR>
   <BR>