Welcome Guest!
 InventorEd-L
Playing the game with price increase...  BlizB-@aol.com
 Mar 02, 2003 04:46 PST

--part1_106.20823287.2b93573d_boundary

In a message dated 3/1/2003 11:37:10 PM Eastern Standard Time,
war-@valcourplantation.com writes:

You have to play the game. Now is the time to announce a price increase,
effective, say, April 15th. You have to make it all very proper, press
release, new price list with schedule of quantity discounts.

   Bruce,
   I would love to announce a price increase effective at a set
date....but....I am afraid that it would not look good to the many OSHA
representatives who are about to step up to the plate here because they smell
a rat....I don't want to give this company any ammo that would make it appear
that I am taking advantage of them. There are 2 area dealers who are prepared
to help with the installations and who have our current price list. My
Licensee is also trying to generate sales elsewhere...raising the price will
make that more difficult at this time.

--------------------------------
....getting the customer to see he NEEDS your product is the key. And you
gotta make the purchasing agent look good, give him a hero story to go to his
boss with...

     We are definately trying to accomplish this....but it is slow
going...everyone gives us terrific lip service about how beneficial the
safety product is...but then the move onto other things I guess.   It will
take some time...kinda like the backup beeper on commercial vehicles I
think...I remember when I first started seeing/hearing them years ago and
thinking that it was a damn good idea. They just give us alittle "heads up"
so that we can avoid being backed over when working around a vehicle while
being preoccupied with work duties.....I wonder how long it took for that
device to get off the ground....I have worked around commercial vehicles all
of my adult life (aerialifts)...they all have back-up beepers
now...BUT...statistically..there are 10 times more lineman who have been
bonked off the top of the head (or shoulder or back)by a silently descending
aerialift basket....then have been struck by a backing up aerialift vehicle.
Most of these "top safety officials" who see my video...understand...and
know...that I have a point here...We are trying to get Insurance companies to
step up here.

Paul B.

--part1_106.20823287.2b93573d_boundary

<HTML>

<FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">In a message dated 3/1/2003 11:37:10 PM Eastern Standard Time, war-@valcourplantation.com writes:<BR>
<BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE style="BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px"><BR>
You have to play the game. Now is the time to announce a price increase, effective, say, April 15th. You have to make it all very proper, press release, new price list with schedule of quantity discounts.</FONT><FONT COLOR="#000000" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=3 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0"><BR>
</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
</FONT><FONT COLOR="#000000" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0"><BR>
   Bruce,<BR>
   I would love to announce a price increase effective at a set date....but....I am afraid that it would not look good to the many OSHA representatives who are about to step up to the plate here because they smell a rat....I don't want to give this company any ammo that would make it appear that I am taking advantage of them. There are 2 area dealers who are prepared to help with the installations and who have our current price list. My Licensee is also trying to generate sales elsewhere...raising the price will make that more difficult at this time.<BR>
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------<BR>
....getting the customer to see he NEEDS your product is the key. And you gotta make the purchasing agent look good, give him a hero story to go to his boss with... <BR>
<BR>
     We are definately trying to accomplish this....but it is slow going...everyone gives us terrific lip service about how beneficial the safety product is...but then the move onto other things I guess.   It will take some time...kinda like the backup beeper on commercial vehicles I think...I remember when I first started seeing/hearing them years ago and thinking that it was a damn good idea.  They just give us alittle "heads up" so that we can avoid being backed over when working around a vehicle while being preoccupied with work duties.....I wonder how long it took for that device to get off the ground....I have worked around commercial vehicles all of my adult life (aerialifts)...they all have back-up beepers now...BUT...statistically..there are 10 times more lineman who have been bonked off the top of the head (or shoulder or back)by a silently descending aerialift basket....then have been struck by a backing up aerialift vehicle. Most of these "top safety officials" who see my video...understand...and know...that I have a point here...We are trying to get Insurance companies to step up here.<BR>
<BR>
  Paul B.</FONT><FONT COLOR="#000000" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=3 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0"><BR>
</FONT><FONT COLOR="#000000" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0"> <BR>
<BR>
   </FONT>

</HTML>

--part1_106.20823287.2b93573d_boundary--