Welcome Guest!
 InventorEd-L
RE: (InvEd-L)  Ian White
 Mar 04, 2003 17:26 PST
Gene Seach wrote:
 ----- Original Message -----
From: "Ian White" <ia-@cornell.edu>

 Where/how could I start to look for smaller scale manufacturers?

Ian,

It would help if we knew where you are located and a general idea
of what you are trying to manufacture. Are you going to outsource
your widget? If so who is paying for the tooling costs? A few more
details please.

Gene

I don't think it would be giving too much away if I were to say that I
hope to develop a new product based on a suitcase design similar to that
distributed by Travelpro. (http://www.travelpro.com/home2.html).
I live in Ithaca, NY. I'm gunna head up to Syracuse on the 18th to
visit with the "Syracuse Inventor Group", so they might also have some
ideas.
I'm in the middle of getting scammed by PTIA (see previous), but I
intend to divorce myself from them asap and propagate the idea myself.
I hope to find a way to get a few widgets made and protected legally
using money from some friends and anyone I can bring on board.
Please let me know if any other information would be helpful.
Thanks for your help.
Ian.